Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    470/470  (470/470)
    Stamina Bar:
    84/84  (84/84)

Re: Plates And Ponderings

Post by Tetra on Thu May 28, 2015 6:08 pm

With Neri to help her hold the page up, Tetra focused on getting the design onto her pumpkin. Transferring one picture from one page to another was a simple task for the sea captain as her sea-chart drawing skills came into play. If she can copy an island’s intricate outline onto a new chart, she could copy a picture which was much simpler in design and did not need to be mathematically correct.

Art tracing wasn’t the only thing Tetra was good though, being curious was as well. And trait demonstrated itself very clearly, with no intention of masking or hiding it, by her leaning over to peek at Mitchell’s new candle list. She wrinkled her nose and stated her opinion of the available candle scents. “Don’t choose the gingerbread one unless you want to smell something sweet in your room for the rest of the day. Link lit one once and whilst I liked it at first, I avoided his room one I got past the two hours mark.”

Needless to say, Tetra avoided sweet scented candles from there on. They always start of lovely to her at first, then became cloying to her senses after a short while. Speaking of unpleasant smells, the current topic of conversation, Gibdos and mummies, made the girl wrinkle her nose again. It was not until she arrived in Portal Breach that she met such monsters. Read and heard about them, she had, but seeing one moaning, groaning and shuffling in front of her? Not till here. “I hope this world doesn’t have too many of these creatures. I’m not squeamish, but I don’t like the idea of rotten bandages clinging to you as they try to fight and/or bite you.”
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:49 am

"Good thing this place has so much to offer...I can get caught up on my adventuring here." Mitchell smiled back at Sheik before his eyes flickered down to his pumpkin, hand maneuvering so that he could skewer the slices he'd carved up with his knife. Once his knife began to resemble a kabob stick, he hover it over a newspaper and shook it a few times. Once jostled, the chunks of pumpkin made a squelching noise before they slipped free of the knife and landed safely on the newspaper. This thing was really beginning to take shape! Mitchell poked his tongue out for a moment as he whittled at the orange vegetable to get the finer details. "Honestly, I haven't done much exploring here..." There had been a dungeon adventure once, but he'd rather forget all about that. "Any suggestions?"

Lamination seemed to be something that was easily embraced by the Hyruleans, Link's especially eager exclamation drawing a chuckle from him. "Thank you, I try. I figured, it'd keep them from getting too crumbled up by anything...and you could definitely reuse them, yeah!" As for writing things though, he did not quite think of that one! "Hm! That would be nice. What would you write on a heart?" Perhaps a little lovey dovey message? The idea of Link being a secret casanova made Mitchell snicker to himself, before he nodded in agreement to Tatl. Efficiency was always a good thing! The compliment were plentiful for Link's lantern, though Minion soon found himself confused. "A gibdo...? What's that?" It looked like a mummy to him, and apparently that was the point. Mitchell blinked a few times before inspecting the carving once more, as if looking for how this gibdo was different from a mummy.

Once offered, Mitchell gave Neri a small nod and took the list from her. "Thank you." According to her, there were about two to three of each, and he was welcome to grab any he may want. He nodded to her before glancing down to see what he had to choose from. Minion made a slight snort, mouth twisting in an amused grin at some of the candles. He only seemed to get more tickled at Tetra's opinion on the matter. "Really strong, huh? It'd be best for christmas time anyway..." The majority of them seemed like your average aromatherapy type candles, good for any odd day. One did stick out as being appropriate however! "I'll probably take Apple Cider, thank you." He handed the list back to her, though his eyes lingered on it for a moment. Should he...? After a bit of waffling, he looked back up at the fairy. "And ah...perhaps the wild sea grass and the sea breeze! If that isn't too greedy, of course..." Those two certainly wouldn't be inside a pumpkin, goodness no. He'd put them to good use in his living room. "If it makes you feel better, Tetra, I've been here about uh..." His pupils darted to the side for a moment, pondering his own time frame. He'd been here for nearly a year, two years before that one. But Mitchell Finley had been a newcomer when he arrived at the Inn. "Mm, yep, about a year, and I've never run into anything like that."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:24 pm

Link couldn't help but smile as Mitchell noted that he could get caught up on his adventuring in this world. Going on quests, adventures, and the like was one of the Hyruleans' absolute favorite pastimes, and they were always set to find new areas as well as re-explore old ones. By this point, they had covered the greater part of the main continent of the Breach, and although they knew some areas better than others, that never stopped them from seeking new exploration. As their friend admitted that he had not done much exploring, Link soon looked between the other kids at the call for suggestions. They each had plenty, but it was likely best to have each of them just list a few. "Of course! We can recommend just about anywhere, but two places in particular are the forest and the grasslands. They're just neat to check out, and you never know what you'll find when you're just exploring."

Some of their best adventures had been had in those two locations, and whether it was anything from their reliving some of their times in Hyrule Field or even their experience with having gained curses in the forest, they had enjoyed just about every single outing there.

Laughing a bit at Mitchell's chuckle and added note on the idea of lamination, Link soon found himself pondering just what they might write on any laminated hearts. "Well, there are lots of things you could write. It could be something simple like you see on those little candies, or even a more specific message, like if we showed our love for Impa." There were of course plenty of other possibilities, both platonic and romantic, that could be written on the hearts, so the possibilities were pretty endless.

At Mitchell's voiced confusion of what a Gibdo was, Link chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, noting, "A Gibdo is a monster from Hyrule; they're animated, mummified bodies that can attack you, and even freeze you in your tracks if they see you. They're basically a specific type of mummy… and not one I like to fight." As much as Link disliked ReDeads, he would still almost face them instead of Gibdos given the mummies' ability to scream in quick succession, as well as their own place in Ikana Canyon. He feared ReDeads more, but he preferred fighting them to Gibdos.

As Mitchell got set with his candle choices, Link soon found himself smiling again at their tenant's mention of how long he'd been here. That was right… it had been about a year since he and Link had first helped him get a room. Wow… time really did fly here.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:04 pm

But Link like the gingerbread candle. In fact, all the sweeter scented candles on the list were picked by him.  He had a rather intense sweet tooth at times so the sweet scents were at a perfectly acceptable level of sweetness for him. Neri nodded her glow at Mitchell’s choice of candles.

“Of course, it is not greedy. We have lots, and knowing Link we would probably get more sooner or later,” she said. From what she had observed, it was apparently rather difficult for her boy companion to buy things by themselves sometimes. When he sees a sale, he goes rather crazy and the next thing they knew, they have enough stock of a particular thing to last them for weeks. “I’ll get it later and drop it round to your room.”

For adventures that Mitchell could go on… Link tapped his chin in thought.

“Well, that depends,” started Leaf. “Can you fight well? How do you fight? Can you swim as well? You never know when you would need to swim when you’re on an adventure somewhere.”

The fairies and Link looked at Mitchell, all suddenly having the same thought. Their tenant had been here for a while but they had not yet seen him do anything that resembled combat or outdoor wilderness survival of some sort. They tend collectively started to imagine their friend fighting off a monster - a gibdo to be exact, since they were on this topic of conversation. What would Mitchell do if faced with a bandaged corpse like enemy which wants to cling to you and try to bite you?

….

They have no idea what he’d do. He doesn’t look like the type to just run away in a fright immediately. But how he would fend for himself, they can’t imagine. Maybe bow and arrow? Gun? Hand to hand combat? They were not sure.

Their senses of smell when they pass Mitchell’s room told them that he could cook, and was a very organised person as far as they could tell, so he would be good to take camping. But into a cave where they might have to fend off enemies? They were not very sure and wouldn’t want to suggest somewhere which might accidentally lead him to harm.

“Yes, like Link said, the forest and grasslands are a good place to start off,” said Ciela. Those were safe enough if Mitchell wasn’t up to tackling down monsters and large dangerous animals. If they point him to the more tame areas of the forest, it would be like sending him off to be a wilderness explorer (caw caw, rawr!).
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Sheik was happy to hear that Mitchell was keen on adventuring even if he himself had not done too much exploring just yet. Asking the Hylian kids for suggestions was probably one of the best ways for him to get some good ideas, and sure enough, the four of them were set to offer some possible locations for their friend to investigate on his own. "The forest and grasslands are great, and another really good spot to visit is the beach. If I had to pick the top three places to explore, it would definitely be each of those." The mountains were also quite nice, but the disguised princess had a bit more of an affinity for the places she and Link had named.

As Leaf quizzed their tenant on some of his skills that he might need around certain adventures, Sheik continued to carve away at her jack-o'-lantern. She was getting to the point where she just needed to start to shave down the fine details and soon, she'd be able to show off her handiwork to everyone gathered at the table. With the continued discussion of Valentine's Day, Sheik certainly liked the answer that Link gave Mitchell regarding just what could be written on a heart, as one of the many things she had since learned about that holiday was that the text for loved ones could be incredibly versatile. It was one of the nicer things about the platonic side of the holiday, and although they still had this holiday to tackle first (to say nothing of the end of year holidays), she was definitely looking forward to sharing it with Tetra for her first one.

As Mitchell was about to get set with scented candles for his pumpkin, she continued to deftly touch up her pumpkin, unable to resist a smile to herself at the likeness her design held to the floating guardians. Hopefully it would not prove too unnerving, much like the Gibdo that Link had made. After Link explained just what those mummies were, Sheik couldn't help but chuckle a bit at Tetra's remark about them. "We've only run into a few here and there… although admittedly, the main place you might find them is inside the Shadow Temple if it's set to be gone through as a dungeon." None of the kids were really squeamish at all, but there was just something about undead enemies that moaned, shuffled, screamed, and potentially paralyzed you before draining your life energy that was rather unsettling.

With the candles requested, Mitchell soon stepped in to note how long he'd been on the Breach himself without having seen a monster such as a Gibdo. It sounded about right that he had been there about a year considering when he had first shown up at the inn, and that alone was another reason for the disguised princess to smile. "We just hope it's been a pretty good year for you here." It was a different world all right, but so long as one did their best to make it their own, it could actually be pretty nice.
    Tetra
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 42

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    470/470  (470/470)
    Stamina Bar:
    84/84  (84/84)

Post by Tetra on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:14 pm

And here comes all the suggestions of areas to try exploring. Tetra nodded along, each area was very fresh in her memory still from her recent visit to them. “As somebody who arrived only a few months ago and had just started exploring the land here, I can vouch that the forest and grasslands are good areas to start off in. If you can ride a horse, then the grasslands would be a good place to start. Galloping across plains of grass in good weather is the best way to get that combined sense of freedom and excitement.”

Much like sailing out into the sea for the first time, she wanted to add but she didn’t want to plant that idea in Mitchell’s head in case he didn’t know how to sail or was uncomfortable at sea. Despite having spent her whole life at sea, she did understand that not everybody had sea-worthy legs and stomach.

The older Link’s fairy went on to question Mitchell’s survival skills and Tetra listened curiously for an answer as she worked on carving her design onto the pumpkin. Part of her was nosy as to what set of skills this man in front of her had, and once she got that knowledge, like every organised explorer, she will file the memory away just in case she needed to use this information later. Past experiences from walking by his room had told her that if they were all stuck in some godforsaken hole, Mitchell would be a good one which could be trusted with a frying pan. She haven’t tasted anything he may have made, but smell-wise it didn’t seem like it would be inedible.

“You’ve been here a year? How are you energy and power-wise compared to before you came?” she immediately asked. Tetra hated the fact that she was less powerful than before and had to work her way back to her previous strength again, and whilst she knew everybody’s trip back to top form was different, she still wanted to know how long they took just so that she had some vague idea of what to expect.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:50 am

Mitchell smiled back at the blue fairy when she assured him that taking the other candles wouldn't be greedy at all. "Thank you!" How great, now he had some extra candles to set up in the room! Sometimes it was nice to have a new scent around the room. Also nice was that they could easily replace whatever he took. He'd hate to make them run out of specific candles. "I'll keep my eyes out!" He'd hate to leave the inn one day, and trample all over the little glass candles. Link, Tetra and Sheik all had their suggestions for where he could explore, each one seemed approving of the idea of Mitchell exploring the wilderness here.

Link relayed that just about anywhere was good, though the forest and the grasslands were at the top of his own list. Both promised surprises and wonder within them. Sheik added that the beach was a fine place to go. "Reminds me of how people bring metal detectors to the beach." Though people searched for treasure rather then something to explore. Tetra, though newer, still upheld Link's suggestion as being good ideas, though Mitchell chuckled sheepishly. "I can't ride a horse, I'm afraid...never really learned how." Though true, the real reason was because Minion would break that poor horse's back! "Still, riding across the grasslands does sound like it'd be beautiful!" Link's fairy Leaf asked follow up questions first, and Minion considered them, tapping a chin idly. "Well...I haven't fought in a long time, actually. I usually use my fists, or a bat. I think I fight pretty well though." He grinned toothily. "Never been hurt, haha...and I'm a great swimmer! I might as well have been born in the water. If I had to swim on one of these adventures, I think I'd be quite fine." Mitchell chuckled to himself, shaking his head slightly. Ah, if only they knew...though the grin turned a smidge awkward once he noticed that Link and his fairies seemed to be looking at him. Perhaps they were waiting to hear his verdict? "From what you've all said though, I think the grasslands sounds like the best option." Who knew what he could find? So long as it wasn't like that dungeon...

Link gave suggestions for a message on a laminated heart, going with messages or perhaps a more personal message that was specifically aimed for a loved one. "Aaw, that's sweet~ That sounds like a good idea." He agreed. As for the Gibdo, Link thankfully set to explaining that. A monster from Hyrule, they were a specific kind of mummy. They attacked people, and could even freeze someone in one spot! Though apparently not fun to fight. "Are they difficult?" Sounded difficult...he appraised the pumpkin one more time before shooting Link an approving smile. Sheik added that there had actually been some here! "Huh!" Though the most likely spot to find a Gibdo was a Shadow Temple. "I'll try to avoid any Shadow Temples, then!"

Mitchell smiled at the four of them. "It's been great, since I've been here." And that was no lie, or twisted truth. Since coming to the Inn, he had been much happier then he had been before. Not the most active year, but he needed a relaxing one as opposed to a rampant one. "Hm?" He looked to Tetra, head cocked. Energy and power... "It's increased since I first arrived, but I'm no superhero or anything. I'm not about to punch through any brick walls and go flying through the air. But I'm certainly no wimp either. So...somewhere in the middle, maybe? I seem to have good stamina, at least." A few finishing touches, and Minion turned his pumpkin to face the others. "How's it looking?"
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:49 am

Link turned his jack-o'-lantern back around to check its design once more, soon nodding to himself as he felt even more strongly than he had already that this would be a fun, festive addition to their decorations about the inn. As ideas about where they might set each pumpkin in sequence began to run through his head, he couldn't help but smile at Mitchell's note about metal detectors being brought to the beach. To the Hero of Time, metal detectors were a more focused version of other types of dousing or sensing devices, and even though he had not used one personally, he thought that they were pretty neat. "Ha-ha, that's another thing you could do there." As far as riding across the grasslands went, he was quick to add, "Ah, sorry Mitchell… I'm sure you could find a place that you could learn to do that, though! I'm actually the only one of us that has a horse here… and Epona is actually still pretty young. It's really fun to take her out to the grasslands whenever I have a chance."

It was very likely that Epona would wind up reaching something closer to her adult size in the near future, but much like the kids here, she seemed to have slowed down her own aging process. Whether it was due to the bond she shared with Link or a decision all on her own, he wasn't sure, but he was just happy that his horse was in this world with him.

Whilst Mitchell might not have been up for horseback riding, he was set to vouch for his skills in fighting and swimming. Chuckling a little, Link added, "That's all the more reason to check out the beach! We love going swimming there even more than we do just enjoying the coastline. There are actually some really calm beaches with small waves, so those are really neat to get to spend some good time in." And for the days that they wanted to splash about in more powerful waves, there were sections that afforded them that chance as well. As Mitchell voiced the notion that the grasslands were likely the winner for him, Link grinned. "They are a fun place, and we hope you enjoy them once you have the chance to go adventuring there!"

Link was glad that Mitchell liked his idea about using a laminated heart to write different messages, much the way that he was happy that his explanation about Gibdos made sense. At the question about fighting them, Link exchanged a sheepish grin with his other friends before stating, "They can be… they're tough and have a lot of stamina, but if you're smart when you fight them, you can overpower them." The key was not to get paralyzed… that, and to be prepared to slash away at them. Unable to suppress an amused laugh at the notion of avoiding plural Shadow Temples, Link smiled as Mitchell carried on with how things had been for him since his arrival. He was glad to hear that his own power had been returning at a good rate, and hopefully, that would prove comforting for Tetra.

Mitchell was the next to finish his jack-o'-lantern, and Link's face lit up once he saw it's final design. Nodding as Tatl chimed in approval, he exclaimed, "That looks great!  That's a neat effect you got with the moon!"
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:29 pm

“That’s okay,” assured Neri when they learnt that Mitchell wasn’t a horse rider.

“Link didn’t know how to ride horses until he came here as well. In fact it was Link here who taught him.” The fairy waved a wing over at the younger Link. Whilst the fairies had not arrived at the Breach when the first horse riding lesson was given, they were certainly there to see the next few and how their Link’s confidence grew over time.

“Maybe if we could rent some horses, we can all go together and teach you as well,” Link offered in writing. Riding as a group was a thrilling idea and Link was sure he would happily just spend a day in the Grasslands just galloping back and forth across it. They didn’t even have to have anything particularly exciting for a goal (like hunting or adventuring). Just lots and lots of good companionship and fun. And if they do stumble on an adventure….

Link’s brows crinkled together as he imagined Mitchell on horseback and armed with a bat. That was certainly novel. He would hate to be on the receiving end of that charge and bat whallop. Leaf, though a bit disappointed to learn Mitchell did not have wall-punching superpowers, regained his enthusiasm at the idea of their tenant on a horse with a bat. “Great! We need to find you a bat then! A wooden one or one of those metal ones? Maybe a metal one to be extra sturdy. Ooooo, you’re going to look so cool on a horse!”

The red fairy wasn’t the only one excited to hear their friend’s skillset either, Link’s eyes lit right up. “Me too. I love swimming. We should go swimming together as well. We could race one another! And diving too  You should come to the beach with us! Can you surf? Snorkel? How about diving with gear? How about fishing?”

And also because he wanted to write something about the pumpkin and wasn’t sure if Mitchell read the entirity of his message yet, Link squeezed, “NICE PUMKPIN!” in block caps at the bottom most of his tablet, barely fitting the last two letters and exclamation mark on.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Sheik grinned a bit at the mentions of metal detectors and horseback riding. Whilst she had only ever seen the former once she arrived in this world, she had been well versed in the latter since she had been been quite small. She would not call herself an expert, but she was very experienced, and she was used to both riding solo as well as sharing a horse with someone. Casting a smile to the younger Link as Neri indicated him, she thought back to some of their own horse riding adventures here. Epona might have been the only horse that was truly theirs, and even more Link's, but the notion of at least renting some horses was quite nice. It had been neat to get to ride a younger horse than she was used to, and that certainly seemed to extend to Tetra as well.

"Yes, the beaches are really fun," noted Sheik. Before she could expand too much on that though, Leaf had latched onto Mitchell's own description of his fighting skills. "Ha-ha, I think you could certainly take on a Gibdo, then. They can take a bit to get used to fighting if you're unfamiliar with them, but like Link said, if you know how to counter them, you should be just fine." Although the disguised princess was not  about to say that anyone who was up for a challenge should attempt  to venture into the Shadow Temple, she did feel that Mitchell might be able to tackle it given his array of skills. As far as the one and only temple went though… "The Shadow Temple from our world is here on the Breach, but you can only access it if Impa opens the way for you. There are some Gibdos, other monsters, hazards, and puzzles there, but it's more to help stand as a safeguard to the temple itself than anything else."

Back on track with talk of swimming, Link as expected was especially enthusiastic about it. He covered just about any question she could have thought to ask, which did give her a chance to focus on adding more detail work to her jack-o'-lantern. As Mitchell had started before her though, he had finished his up in short order and was set to show off his handiwork. Sheik's red eyes brightened as she took in the sight before her, and with a happy laugh, she exclaimed, "That's wonderful! It's perfect for the holiday and has a neat feel to it! Ha-ha, I can't wait to see it lit up when it's darker here!"

Halloween was drawing ever closer, and between their own excitement for the holiday and getting to take part in Tetra's first one here, the disguised princess found herself looking even more forward to Halloween than ever before. It was going to be the best one yet!
    Tetra
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 42

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    470/470  (470/470)
    Stamina Bar:
    84/84  (84/84)

Post by Tetra on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:06 pm

"Ah, you're fine. Horse riding isn't that hard. You'll pick it up quick enough," said Tetra. She had picked it up fairly fast when the younger Link taught her how to rie on Epona. Though to be fair, she had an advantage in comparison to the Link from her world. Her Link had not been on a horse before he came to this world, Tetra, being much, much more well travelled han him, had been on one. Maybe not neccessarily properly riding one (details, details) but she was on one..... just sitting there because apparently horses do not like having pirate captains attempting to steal rides, whilst the horse owner was otherwise preoccupied. Tetra also realised that day that horses were a pain to attempt to steal if you didn't know what you're doing.

When Mitchell's abilities in combat emerged, Tetra dutifully filed the information away. If she ever needed somebody to fight with a bat or fists, she will be sure to remember him. The same way that if she needed somebody to be able to punch through walls and fly, she would remember NOT to look for Mitchell.

She was very relieved to hear that Mitchell's powers had increased since he arrived here. She knew everybody recovered their strength and power over time, but if somebody not-superhero like Mitchell could gain it back in... a year? Then she can do it no problem.

And then suddenly another finished pumpkin. Tetra raised an impressed eyebrow at Mitchell's handiwork.

"Nice," she noted. "I couldn't definitely see how red paper could enhance it further. That's some steady and careful hands you have to get the fur to look so detailed."
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:18 pm

Link, Link, Neri and Tetra each gave their condolences and reassurances about Mitchell never learning how to ride a horse, some of them even suggesting that he could learn now! It was a tempting idea, most anything he had ever ridden before was mechanical and needed to be driven like a car. Horses though, were intriguing. Epona herself was a rather sweet little horse, as Mitchell had seen her in the basement a few times! But he couldn't, in good conscience, agree to climb onto the back of any horses unless they could properly support the weight of his robotic body and not die... "I bet Epona absolutely loves that," Mitchell commented to one Link before looking to the other and his fairy, smiling. "I'm glad I'm not the only one who arrived here without horse riding experience. I think that sounds like it could be fun! If nothing else, the horses would probably enjoy the company. I think I'd really enjoy just watching them in action." It'd be like something from a movie; a horse with a muscular build and shiny coat, galloping across the verdant grasslands, mane and tail flowing in the breeze. You add some ribbons to the mane and viola, you've got a beautiful horse! Mitchell nodded in agreement with Tetra, adding "Yeah. After all, it's the horse that does the hard part, right?" How hard could it be to sit and hold a harness?

He had not expected Leaf to become so excited about the idea of Mitchell using a bat, but he had to admit that the fairy's reaction was endearing! He chuckled, and gave it some thought. "I think I'd prefer a metal bat." The forget-me stick was basically just a padded metal bat, after all. "A bat might not be as majestic as a sword, but I'm sure it has its own sort of...je ne sais quoi!" He gesticulated with one hand for a moment, imagining himself astride a fancy horse...and wielding a bat like some sort of common thug. Mitchell's mention of swimming briefly turned the conversation back to the beach, as Link only had good things to say about the beach here. Gentle waves to swim with, a vast shore to explore with a metal detector...who could say no to that? "In that case, perhaps I could make day trip of it. Pack a lunch and go out to the beach. That'd certainly be fun!" The grasslands were also dubbed satisfactory, and Mitchell nodded back to Link. "I'll tell you all about it once I do." Even more endearing than Leaf's reaction was the other Link's, who was quite the swimmer himself! Mitchell grinned nervously, slightly overwhelmed by the sudden questions. "I've snorkeled, never surfed or officially 'dived' with equipment...and I'd like to fish, so long as we toss them back in!" That one hit a wee bit too close to home... "But that all sounds like a good idea! We can work out a date and time to go to the beach together."

Link and Sheik were pretty confident that Mitchell would be able to take on a Gibdo, and he was inclined to agree. "With all of the things we can experience here, I'm sure a Gibdo would be easy to deal with." Compared to the great many things that were in this place, that is. Though it seems the possibility of him ever facing a Gibdo was very low. The Shadow Temple here could only be opened by Impa, so wandering across one would end with him unable to enter, unless he was there with Impa. "I see! I should be pretty safe, in that case." The pumpkin carved and shown to the others, it went without saying that their reactions were positive regarding the job he had done in carving. He smiled bashfully, feeling warm and fuzzy from their compliments. Mitchell turned to his pumpkin, placing his hands atop the Jack-O-Lantern to turn the front of it towards himself. "Thank you very much! I'm glad it has your approval, haha!" Indeed, he couldn't wait to see it lit up with the others! As for his hands, Mitchell nodded in agreement. He looked down, flexing his hands against the pumpkin. Though they all would see human hands, he knew that beneath them were robotic fingers. "Thank you Tetra! With all of the work and hobbies I've had, I've learned how to keep my hands steady." Between making clothes and working on inventions and gadgets, his touch was almost surgical in how steady it was, though having robotic hands was definitely a plus. He turned his gaze away from his own pumpkin and to the others. "How's the rest of your carvings going?"
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:57 am

Link could not help but smile happily at Mitchell’s comment regarding his chances to take Epona out to the grasslands. He did try to take his companion out for a good ride whenever he got the chance, and he was sure that he enjoyed that time just about as much as she did, if not the same amount already. For whenever times at the inn wound up being too busy for him to get a proper chance to take her out that way, he did at the very least try to have her come outside and head through the city with him (and for some errand runs, being about to be on a horse was especially helpful!). Those were always nice too, but on the whole, he usually had a good chance to take her out to the wilderness at least twice a week. And since she was such a tough, trustworthy horse, many times he was even able to let her wander the Samba Heartlands whilst he and the others took care of whatever training or exploration they had set for the day. It was just like Hyrule and Termina where he could let her be, and whenever they needed to reunite, he simply needed to play her song on the ocarina. It was amazing that she could pick up the song from just about any distance, but he always chalked it up the the strong magic held in the notes of certain songs, and the powers of certain instruments.

The idea of Mitchell wielding a metal bat was an intriguing one to say the least, and Link soon chuckled at his own explanation regarding it. The mental image forming in his mind was oddly perfect for their friend, and he had to admit, if he ever got to see Mitchell use one whether in combat or simply practice, he knew it would be great.

As the conversation turned back to the beach, Link grinned at Mitchell’s suggestion of making a day of it. Whether for his own exploration or joining them for a day in the sun, the Hero of Time thought that either was a splendid idea. “Making a day trip out of it is the best way to enjoy the beach! Even visiting for a little while is fun, but the longer you’re out there for the day, the better!” With a nod to his fellow Hylians, Link glanced back to Mitchell and added, “Of course! Once it warms up, we’ll definitely have a trip out there with you!”

The boy nodded at Mitchell’s voiced confidence regarding his ability to take on a Gibdo, and that nod soon led to his happiness over the completed carving of the wolf howling at the moon. He had certainly done a fine job with his handiwork, and it seemed that everyone else was following his lead with such. Link, Link, and Mitchell had finished theirs, Sheik’s was nearly done, so it appeared that Tetra was set to be next after all of them!
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sun May 01, 2016 12:06 am

The kind tenant in disguise and the four Hylian kids continued to sit at the table near the front of the inn, touching up their own pumpkins, discussing more places to explore about the Breach, and generally enjoying each others’ company. It was always great to get to visit with friends at the Stock Pot Inn, and the impending holiday only gave them an even better chance for such. By the end of their main carving session, they had five fine jack-o’-lanterns set to display about the inn. The designs were all distinct – true marks of their crafters – and they all fit perfectly for the interesting celebration that was about to befall them.

After some more visiting and final touch ups, Link, Link, Sheik, Tetra, and Mitchell set about properly displaying their jack-o’-lanterns, including an initial test run of the candles inside. They definitely brought even more of the Halloween spirit to the inn, and just as the five friends had got even more set for the holiday, so too had they found their own bonds strengthened. Whether they knew each other back in their own world or had only met here, they were all friends, and they were all glad to be able to enjoy something so simple together.

Halloween was soon, and these five were set for a great holiday to ride out the tail end of the year.

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:45 pm