Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    470/470  (470/470)
    Stamina Bar:
    84/84  (84/84)

Re: Plates And Ponderings

Post by Tetra on Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Once the lid of her pumpkin was cleaned, the girl switched the knife for a spoon. She was adept with handling knives and was confident that she could do the job just as well or even better with the sharp edged tool, though, it never hurts to be careful for the first time doing anything. Halloween may be a holiday with spooky scares in store, but they didn’t need any real scares of slippery knives and cut hands. Hmm, the pain and trouble aside, if she did get hurt, it would be her first time going to the hospital and getting medical care in this world so that was sure to be interesting. All other times she had gotten hurt here so far had been minor injuries which could recover either on their own or a touch of magic from either Sheik or Impa usually did the trick.

The younger’s Link suggestion and demonstration made her blink. Indeed! She could carve it like that.

“I see. Thanks Link,” she said with a grin, now having a goal to work towards. The captain accepted the offered paper with a nod of thanks to Sheik, mindful not to cover the page in pumpkin juice as she put even more effort into emptying out the squash. This was messy work, but seeing the pumpkin’s inside edge become neater with each scrape of the spoon had a certain amount of satisfaction in it.

“A wolf howling to the moon?” echoed Tetra as Mitchell spoke of his design. “That would look pretty neat.” She hadn’t thought of carving scenery into a pumpkin, and looking at the smooth exterior of her pumpkin right now, she imagined it would take a good amount of creative skill and a steady hand. Her own design now looked deceptively simple in comparison. "I'm looking forward to seeing all of them lit up."
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:44 am

Mitchell took a glance at the pumpkins of the others, primarily looking at what they were carving. One of the Links had a design that reminded him of a mummy. Sheik and Tetra were still carving and digging the pulp out, and the other Link had a scary pumpkin face he was beginning to carve out. They seemed to be making some rather good progress! "I kind of like the mealy taste, but that's just me." He chimed in one the pumpkin discussion, carving out the insides still.

The younger Link piped up with an idea for Tetra on how to draw out her skull and crossbones idea. Drawing it out with his finger, he indicated that the eyes, nose and mouth be carved out and the skull and crossbones be carved around it. "Hm...I think that could work, yes." As long as she kept the basic shape in mind it ought to be easy. Sheik also agreed that practicing on paper would help, Mitchell nodding again. "Either way, it'll be a fun design to see." Skull and cross bones weren't the most popular design on a Jack O-Lantern but that definitely wasn't a bad thing.

Finally, every bit of pumpkin insides had been scooped out. With a brief smile, he touched his marker to the rough pumpkin skin and began to draw out his design. The others seemed to like his idea quite a lot! "I'm glad you like it." He nodded in agreement with Tetra. "Oh yes, I think they will all look very good together!" He glanced to Ciela, grinning even more at the idea. "That'd be very nice, especially if we got to have a red moon on Halloween. It'd really fit in then!" He wondered just how much light the small fairy could generate.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:27 am

Whether the pumpkin treats wound up tasty mealy or not, the Hyruleans would definitely have to save some for Mitchell. Link knew that there would be plenty to go around, but they were going to make sure that their friend got a good share of them.

"Of course," said Link, nodding to Tetra and returning her grin with one of his own. He was very glad that she liked his suggestion of how she could draw a skull and crossbones, and as she took the blank sheet of paper from Sheik, the Hero of Time found himself looking even more forward to seeing the design come to life on the pumpkin.

Now that that was settled, he resumed drawing the next few lines for the Gibdo face on his own jack-o'-lantern-to-be. Just a couple more and he'd be set to start carving out out! As for other patterns, it looked like Mitchell's was already off to a great start as well. Everyone was understandably keen on his own carving choice, and Link soon nodded firmly at the idea of all of their jack-o'-lanterns looking great together. With the pictures they had in mind and the care they were putting into their carving, how could they not?

Link couldn't help but chuckle at both Leaf's enthusiastic suggestion as well as Mitchell's response. "We might have to check to see what the moon should be like on Halloween." The moon was waning right now, but there was definitely a chance it could have a red hue at some point during that night.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:13 pm

He worked steadily through the process of making his Jack-o-Lantern. He concentrated on carefully carving the design out, choosing to start with the eyes, then he planned to move onto the nose before leaving the mouth for the last step.

Tetra’s note about wanting to see them all lit up made the innkeeper’s lips quirk up in a grin mid-concentration, but his opinion of having a red moon was left unvoiced. They had had two events during the year, which had something to do with the moon and he was perfectly fine with having a normal moon from now on, thank you very much.

“We have all the candles ready. Link bought a lot of them last year, so there were plenty left over for this year,” said Ciela, giving the older Link a pointed look which he returned with a sheepish grin. “He just came home one day with over thirty candles. I understand its cheaper to buy in bulk, but that amount was just silly…. though it was Leaf who accompanied shopping that day so I can’t say I’m too surprised with the purchase.”

“Haaa...” breathed Link with a chuckle. They should be glad he and Leaf only returned with just over thirty. The red fairy would buy more if you gave him the chance.

“Fire is awesome, more candles equals more fire. It’s not like they would be wasted anyway. They last forever and you can use them for so many things: Pumpkin lighting, setting the mood, if we have another city-wide black-out, candlelit dinner etc.” defended Leaf as he carved out the last of his pumpkin design. “If you ever need candles, Mitchell, we have lots of them. Not birthday candles though, those are bought as and when we need them.”
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:15 am

Meeting Mitchell with a grin at his own note about his preference of pumpkin treats, the disguised princess couldn't help but think that no matter how the baked good turned out, it was going to be an especially fine autumn with all of the seasonal food.

Sheik was glad that Tetra liked Link's suggestion for how to carve her desired pattern, and once she'd taken the sheet of paper from her, she returned her grateful nod, inwardly feeling a bit excited to see how this design would look once it was on the Jack-o'-lantern. Nodding in agreement with Mitchell's assessment over the skull and crossbones, she continued to hollow out her own pumpkin, soon depositing another good chunk of pulp into the bowl.

As Mitchell was set to start drawing on his design, the two girls were getting closer and closer to that stage themselves. "Possibly! We've got a lunar calendar set in our room… I think it might be a crescent by then." No matter what stage the moon was at on the holiday though, it was bound to be pretty, especially if the weather cooperated. Around this, Sheik did not fail to catch the older Link's grin, much less his subsequently silent reaction to the mention of the state of the moon. The events of the spring had not made her think of the moon's phases too much herself, as far different factors seemed to be involved for her case, but given what had happened at the start of the year… she did take the chance to carefully nudge Link in the elbow. Giving him a knowing smile and a reassuring nod, she hoped that he wouldn't think too hard about the upcoming lunar phases. After all, it had been looking pretty normal, and she had a good feeling that things would remain calm for the next while for their family.

At Ciela's recounting of their candle stockpile from last year, Sheik chuckled as she herself remembered that day. "It might have seemed like a lot, but at least we're stocked up for the next while. It's never a bad thing to have a full supply of candles," noted the disguised princess, just before Leaf made a surprisingly good point regarding the longevity of candles. Be it fire magic, firewood, candles, lanterns, or otherwise, the Hyruleans were certainly set.
    Tetra
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 42

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    470/470  (470/470)
    Stamina Bar:
    84/84  (84/84)

Post by Tetra on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:50 am

As Tetra continued to scoop out the deeper parts of the guts of her own pumpkin, she started to imagine just how she was going to draw out the skull and crossbones on the sheet of paper she now had. She was getting closer and closer to the point where she could get that design set, and she couldn't help but toss a pleased grin to Mitchell at his own voiced approval. "I think so!" Now what would be interesting was if they happened to spot any other pirate-themed Jack-o'-lanterns once they were out and about on the holiday.

Nodding back to Mitchell at his agreement, Tetra couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Indeed, they would all look great together. Once the subject changed to the subject of the moon though, the pirate captain blinked, just before thinking about what the moon would mostly likely look like on Halloween. They'd already had a full moon this month, so it was likely to be in the latter part of its waning by the big night. Keeping a sharp eye on the phases of the moon was just one of the many skills she'd honed as a pirate, and whilst doing so wasn't as vital now that she wasn't at sea most of the time, she still liked to keep track of it. As far as it having a red colour went though… "Red moons usually happen during mostly full moons, but we can certainly have red lights in any pumpkin." Given a certain secret prop that Sheik was working on though, Tetra had a strong feeling that Leaf wouldn't get to test his offer out himself on Halloween.

Raising a curious brow at Sheik's gesture to Link, the older girl wondered if the boy was thinking too much about the appearance of the moon. Nayru, a red moon was a natural occurrence! It wasn't like some fake, heart-shaped moon would appear again, or if a certain phase of the real moon would cause the Ghost Ship to appear somewhere. If the younger Link could keep from thinking about Termina's creepy-faced moon, then this Link could relax about the Breach's moon.

As the topic of candles came up, Tetra found herself grinning as she thought back to her own number of candles and the like aboard her ship. "Sheik's right. Also, more candles don't equal more fire so much as they do more chances to keep things lit. I'd like to think that Link learned a valuable lesson onboard my ship about making sure to always have a good supply of candles." After all, not everyone could use light magic, and even before the captain had discovered that ability within herself, she'd still had to make sure that she and her crew could see no matter how dark it might have been at sea.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:26 pm

"Indeed we shall!" Mitchell nodded in agreement about checking to see what the moon would be like. He always really liked it when the moon was full outside on Halloween. Provided some great light. Though if what Sheik said was true, it sounded like a red moon wasn't in the cards. "Right, right. I don't really have a lunar calendar, and I can't remember the last time I really paid attention to the moon to see what phase it was." It wouldn't hurt to double check of course, but no full moon was fine. "Maybe we could find some sort of red wax paper and put them in the Jack-O-Lantern's to make the light red."

Blissfully unaware of the anxiety surrounding the moon thanks to some shenanigans during the year that involved it, Mitchell focused on his design for a moment. Scrutinizing it to make sure everything was drawn out correctly, he soon grabbed a carving knife and began to carve. Starting with the finer areas that needed carving. So they had an impressive bulk of candles? Mitchell grinned a bit at that. "That is true, candles don't really go bad and they're very useful." Thirty of them may be a bit much, but when you factor in all of the residents and however many of them may decide to make a Jack-O-Lantern and you'd need that many candles.

Pausing in his carving, Mitchell tilted his head before turning to Leaf. "Are any of them scented?" If so, he'd definitely like to use some. And can you imagine a pumpkin with a scented candle inside? Mmm, pumpkin pie scent! Or even cinnamon apple! The possibilities were endless!
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:20 pm

"We don't always check it, but Sheik and Impa have one in their room," noted Link. "Back in our homeworld, or at least before I learned about lunar calendars, I usually just kept track of it each night. It's pretty easy to do, but the calendar is a great way to check ahead for how the moon will be!" Once Mitchell mentioned using some red wax paper, Link's eyes lit up before he exclaimed, "I think we might have some of that with our spare supplies! I'll go check once I've finished carving this."

As far as candles were concerned, Link couldn't help but laugh a little at Ciela's words about the number they'd stocked up. Nodding in agreement with Sheik and Tetra, he soon his nametwin a knowing grin regarding supplies. Even better, Mitchell was right on the same page as them! "Exactly. A full inventory is always a good thing to have. You never know what might happen in the future, so whether it's candles, arrows, or otherwise, it's always good to be stocked up."

Link blinked at Mitchell's question about the candles being scented. He wasn't sure about the smaller candles that they usually used for pumpkins, but he was pretty sure they had at least a few scented candles around the inn somewhere. Still, it was probably best to let Link answer that since he'd been the one who'd last checked on their stock of them.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:15 pm

The nudge from Sheik snapped Link's mind completely clear of the thoughts on what happened earlier in the year. He looked at his friend, smiled and nodded slowly in response as thanks. Whilst he did not overthink quite as much as one of his fairies, Link do admit that sometimes his mind did wander. It was great to have understanding friends to snap him out of him though.

All this talk about the lunar calendar reminded Link of being back in his world, in particular one part of his quest where he had to track a ghost ship via what the moon looked like that night. Hmm, maybe he should do something ghost ship related for Halloween next year. Not only that, but the moon phases also influence the purchase of some legendary pictographs since different ones were on sale for each phase of the moon - avid collector that he was, Link had scrutinised the moon changes for many a night just so that he could time it back to the island correctly.

Here on Portal Breach, there was less of a need to keep track of the moon, so the calendar wasn’t really required, but it was still nifty to have around.

“Red wax paper?” Leaf bubbled up, excited at the prospect, but unsure on whether they had any. “I can’t remember seeing any in the office, maybe it’s somewhere else. The stationery closet?”

Wax paper aside, the red fairy poofed up smugly. See Ciela, candles last a while. Large quantities or not, they had made a correct purchasing decision. Mwahaha, one point for Leaf! A sharp flick of her her glow to stare at him from Ciela wisely kept Leaf quiet though. The money was spent so there was no use crying over it now. Whilst the yellow fairy understood their reasoning, to her it was still a silly idea to buy that many candles mainly because of the reasoning behind the purchase in the first place. It was not a purchase made from thinking ahead nor did it had much consideration behind it. It was a fact that it was a complete impulse buy,  that Leaf was being so excitable over buying burnable things and for Link being so relaxed about it that ticked Ciela off. Link too remained quiet, but he did nod to Tetra’s comment about knowing the importance of candles.

“I’m sure we have some scented ones somewhere. Maybe not in the batch that Link and Leaf bought - those are more general tealights. But Link likes the smell of the seaside so I think some of those might be somewhere when he was experimenting with them. I think I remember seeing some more brightly coloured ones too so maybe so kind of fruity or floral smells. Shall I go have a look right now and draw up a list?” offered Neri sweetly.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:34 pm

Sheik nodded in agreement with Tetra's note on the chance of there being a red moon before smiling a bit more at the idea of differently lit pumpkins. That would certainly make the inn's decorations even more dynamic than they were already set to be. At Link's explanation about their own lunar calendar, she soon added, "We don't always use the lunar calendar, but it is handy to have around. We didn't have the same timepieces of this world, so it was useful to keep track of the moon with or without it. In fact, some of the side quests and adventures we went on varied depending on the phase of the moon."

At catching Link's smile and slow nod, the disguised princess' own smile grew a touch. She was glad to see that her simple gesture had snapped him out of thinking too hard regarding the moon and was in turn pleased that her descendant was quick to echo her sentiment regarding their stock of candles. So long as there was room in the inventory, even a mighty high number of candles was just fine.

As Sheik moved to switch out her spoon for a knife to finish smoothing out the inside of her now mostly empty pumpkin, she raised her eyebrows a bit at Mitchell's question regarding scented candles. She knew that they'd had some around the inn, but the thought never crossed her mind to use one inside of a jack-o'-lantern. "Now that's a good idea… if we have some, that would be neat to see in your jack-o'-lantern!"

The thoughts of some of their scented candles – especially those that reminded her of the seaside or forest, and a few subtle flower-based ones – made the disguised princess smile a bit more as she remembered the first time they had used any of them. Whilst she was fine for just regular tealights herself, she did find her curiosity rising for scented lighting options.

Last edited by Zelda/Sheik on Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tetra
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 42

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    470/470  (470/470)
    Stamina Bar:
    84/84  (84/84)

Post by Tetra on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:25 pm

Red wax paper? That was a good idea. She had used that before for a lantern when she was young, but once she had become captain, she had grown out of it. She certainly haven't thought of using it on a pumpkin though. Just like how she hadn't thought of using a pumpkin as decoration instead of food or a good hard hitting projectile weapon.

"I live on a ship back in mine and Link's world and we use the sun, moon and stars to guide us quite often so I notice and pay attention to it quite a bit back home." She still endeavored to keep track of the moon phases here as well but mostly because there was little need to notice these things now and also because of the multitude of new distractions to be found in this world, Tetra had to admit she had been rather slacking on the the keeping on top of the moon phases.

Tetra turned her pumpkin around, examining the inside now that most of the flesh had been scooped out. She worked on cleaning out the bottom and the sides of the squash with her spoon, trying to neaten up the inside surface so that the candle could sit comfortably inside without tipping or burn up any dangling bits.

"Thirty candles isn't so bad. They keep for a very long time and you're bound to find a use out of them one way or another," she agreed. The captain might have to ask for some herself. Whilst modern lighting was good, there was something about candles in a dark room which reminded her of home. As for scented candles, she had smelled some simpler scented concoctions back in the Great Sea - mostly floral. Here, Tetra had seen some fancy unlit ones on a shelf in one of the inn's storerooms once, and had given them a curious sniff as well, but otherwise she had yet to experience burning a scented candle in Portal Breach. She must admit that it was rather amazing how anybody could capture scents such as the seaside and the forest within the wax.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Ah, so Sheik and Impa were the ones with the lunar calendar. Minion had heard of them before on Earth, and when he'd been interested in Astronomy, Megamind had been very keen on using one, but Minion didn't really care too much for it. He never really needed to know when the moon was going to be anything in specific. "Yeah, the moon is pretty reliable that way." Didn't usually stray from the usual waxes and wanes, though for all he knew the moon in their world might be different. Knowing about the moon was a pretty useful thing sometimes though, as Sheik stated that some of their side quests relied on the phases of the moon. "Really?" The man leaned in with some interest. "How so? Did it depend on the lighting during the night?" It was a curious thing, to have a quest depend on the certain phases of the moon. Very specific. Tetra, as a seafarer, also depended on the phases of the moon, as well as the position of the sun and stars. "People on Earth would navigate that way too, when they were at sea. Some of the charts could be very interesting to look at." And it was funny to think of people making such charts so long ago, without the technology that Earth had at the present time.

The finer details of the pumpkin carving needed extra attention, and so Mitchell was still working on them as they spoke. The areas where the marker lines intersected were among the most crucial. They could make or break a pumpkin carving. Link thought that they might have some wax paper, Mitchell looking up from his work hopefully. "Oh?" Leaf hadn't seen any of it and guessed that if they had any, it'd be in the supply closet. "If you don't, there's always the arts and crafts area of the mall. I'm sure they could have some red wax paper. Maybe even others, like purple or black, anything that might be appropriate!" Such as green for a Frankenstein's monster carving! The idea made Mitchell grin as he turned back to his carving, tongue poking out from between his lips as he slid the small knife between an extra tight space. Despite this, he was still paying attention.

A full inventory was indeed very important, especially so if you knew what you had would come in handy. Who knows when candles would be needed! What if the power were to go out for a long time? His idea of scented candles met with approval from Sheik, which made him grin as he worked. Though the bulk of candles that Link and Leaf had bought were just generic tea light candles, so none of them were scented. The fairy did remember seeing some scented candles around, and offered to go look for them and make up a list. "If you don't mind! That would be very kind of you, and most appreciated." He said with a nod to the fairy. No matter what the scent was, he'd definitely include it in his pumpkin. Might make for an interesting surprise to whoever would come along to his door for trick or treating.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:44 am

At Mitchell's question about what bearing the moon had on certain events back in Hyrule and the Great Sea, Link found himself glad that he'd asked Sheik. He had learned that to a slight extent during his first quest, but he'd never put too much thought into why it was that way. He wasn't sure if it was the lightning or something tied to the actual phase, but so long as it worked, that was what mattered the most. Whilst Hyrule was certainly different from Earth, it was neat to learn that the two worlds shared something else in the way that seafarers used to navigate there!

"That's where I was thinking of checking," noted Link at Leaf's question. Glancing to Mitchell as he mentioned the arts and crafts area of the mall, he added, "I know we don't have any darker colors since we've not had a need for them, but we did use some red a while back for Valentine's Day. I don't think we used it all, so there should still be some left." With the creative ideas that their friend was bringing up, the Hero of Time was starting to think that maybe they could stock up on more varieties of wax paper the next time they ventured to that section of the mall. There were plenty of new possibilities for the materials, and they'd have to be sure to share any future projects with Mitchell. It would only be fair since he'd inspired them!

Neri took the chance to offer to search their stock of candles and list what they had for Mitchell, and Link gave the Spirit of Wisdom a grateful nod as well. As far as candle scents went, Link might have never encountered the ocean until his journey to Termina, but even before he had met the future Link, he had learned that the smell of the sea was a nice one. Even with the the way that Great Bay had been affected by dark magic when he had first arrived there, when he had the chance to actually pause for a moment, he'd realized that it really did smell good. He didn't have quite the same fondness for it that the older boy did, but it did rank pretty highly for him… right up there with anything that reminded him of the forest.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Link leant back and took a more distanced look at his pumpkin. Almost done, he believed. Just cleaning up some of the edges and maybe widening a line or two to match the one beside it. Before he went back to work on these details though, he wiped his hands on a cloth again and reached for his digiglass to answer Mitchell's question about the moon and their quest.

"There was one part of my journey where I needed a something that was locked away in a ghost ship," he wrote. "But depending on the phase of the moon, it would appear at different locations on the sea. It was exciting to track its progress and sailing to the right spot to meet it."

It was spooky at first, especially you cannot board the ship but instead you just sail right through it. The intangibility was eerie and he always felt nervous when he was near it. But then he obtained the chart which depicted where the ship was situated each night and, with it, gained access to the ship proper. From that point on it was significantly less spooky for him because if he could touch something, then he could hit the something. It's only when he can't touch that it made him uncomfortable, because then he is very limited in what he could do with it.

"Oh," Link sounded as Mitchell mentioned other colours of wax paper. He hadn't thought of something like that. Now it made him wish he had stocked up on some beforehand. Like Link said, they have some left over from when they were decorating for Valentine's day, but it's only the red colour they have in stock.

"I don't mind at all," the Spirit of Wisdom hummed then turned right around and started making her way to the inn's store rooms. "I'll check for wax paper as well!" she called back when she had flown out of sight.

"Aa!" Link called in response to assure the fairy that her words were heard. Then he went back to work on his pumpkin.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:45 am

Sheik nodded in agreement with Mitchell's assessment of the moon being very reliable, and she couldn't help but smile a little more at his question about how its phases affected side quests. As Link began to write out an example of how the particular phases of the moon were tied to a certain quest of his, one that she knew very well from his tales of it by now, the disguised princess stated, "Depending on the quest, the lighting can have something to do with it, but more than that, it's the moon's position relative to the earth. Since it revolves around the world, it changes position, and that can in turn affect different things. It's kind of the same way that it affects tides for the ocean and lakes, only it's based on events instead of water." The two things might have been unrelated, but the concept was exactly the same.

Glancing to Link as he presented his explanation of how the moon helped him track the ghost ship, Sheik grinned as the memory of that story came back to her. It was certainly an intriguing one, much the same as it was intriguing to confirm that the moon was used for navigation the same as it had been in Hyrule.

Moving to clean her hands so that she could start to draw the outline for her own pumpkin carving, the disguised princess started to think about what future uses they could have for wax paper and other assorted craft materials. For now though, it was best for them to check on what they did have in stock for candles and wax paper, and Neri was quick to offer to take care of just that. Nodding to the Spirit of Wisdom as she noted that she did not mind going to check for the supplies, Sheik turned and called, "Thanks Neri!"

Now came the fun part for the jack-o'-lantern… drawing and carving the design into it!

Current date/time is Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:42 am