Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    470/470  (470/470)
    Stamina Bar:
    84/84  (84/84)

Re: Plates And Ponderings

Post by Tetra on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 am

When Tetra was first told that they would be carving pumpkins, she raised an eyebrow. Pumpkins, if found on her ship back in her world, would either be devoured shortly after the finding, be thrown around in whatever training scheme she had concocted at the very last second or be filled with arrows and daggers as the entire crew used it for projectile target practice. Here and especially now, they were to be used as decorations? What kind of bizarre holiday was this?

Answer: One that she was finding herself enjoying more and more as the days ticked by. She even started putting out Halloween decorations in the upstair lounge areas, for Hyrule’s sake! From fake cobwebs to tissue paper streamers of cut of ghosts, this was turning into something interesting indeed.

“You don’t actually mean bringing it to life, right?” asked the pirate as she adjusted her hold on her own pumpkin. For how this world was and how the holiday was going, she wouldn’t be surprised by this point if there really was witchcraft involved.

“Hey,” she greeted as well as they came into view of the two Links. She flicked a glance at the pumpkin guts in the bowl then at the pumpkins the boys and fairies were working on, predicting that pumpkin flesh was going to be on the menu tonight - a LOT of pumpkin flesh. She took a seat at the table as well, joining Sheik in the removal of bandages except her was just from her wrists. What can she say? Her ancestor and herself even had bandage wrappings in common even before they knew of each other.

“There’s another pumpkin? Are one of you starting on another one already?” she asked as she counted the squashes on the table.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Ooh, little bits of steak on a stick? "Sounds like a shish kebab from Earth!" Though traditionally, a shish kebab was layered with more than just bits of steak, but boy did that sounds delicious. Sausages, candied fruit, fried foods and roasted nuts, baked bread! "I guess no matter what world it is, fair foods are delicious!" A lot of it sounded like trademark fare on Earth too. Roasted peanuts were always pretty delectable! Messy though too, so many shells...he turned to the older Link as he wrote, smiling still. "Ooh! On Earth, we like to roast marshmallows during the summer. We sandwich it between graham crackers and a piece of chocolate to make s'mores. Can't say I've tried roasting fruit like that, but I bet it tastes good!"

Link went on to explain the unification of the Kingdom. So Hyrule was actually several areas united into one big country, with lower rulers for every area but still one King ruling over all. "Its funny, that reminds me of America. The United States of America is several states united together and 'ruled' by an official that's voted in. For every state, there is a governor, and for every town, a mayor, also voted in." He'd save the kids the lecture about the Senate and the Congress. Still, Mitchell had to admire the similarities between Hyrule and America. Sometimes things could be so very different, and sometimes they were similar yet still separate.

Enough talking though, it was time to return these plates! He made his way to the kitchen inside of the restaurant of the Inn, giving a brief hello to the people inside. With the clean plates dropped off, he returned to the lobby, and found that there were now two more people at the table. Sheik, and a girl who had to be their new friend. "Actually, that's for me. I think. I just agreed to carve a pumpkin with these two!" He kneeled down to sit at the free spot in front of the pumpkin, giving Sheik and Tetra a smile. "I'm Mitchell Finley." He greeted, giving them a small wave.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:11 pm

"I think I've heard of those," noted Link, grinning a bit when Mitchell mentioned shish kebab. He'd likely had similar foods here on the Breach whether he knew them by that name or not. As far as the different sorts of foods across their worlds all being delicious, the Hero of Time could only laugh a bit and nod. It was definitely a neat truth! "Ha-ha, it sure sounds like it!"

When Mitchell began to describe a certain summery treat from Earth, Link's ears perked up slightly before he exchanged a broad smile with his older nametwin. "We never had s'mores in Hyrule, but we learned about them here. They're so good!" Granted, Sheik and Link had been the first to try them, but they had been quick to share the toasty treat with him after they'd confirmed just how delicious it was.

Link nodded as Mitchell began to describe a place called America, possibly the place that he lived in back in his world. "Huh… interesting." That country back on Earth sounded like a much larger and frankly more complex version of Hyrule now that he thought about it… but so long as it worked, that was what mattered. Regardless, it was really neat to see such an unexpected parallel drawn.

Shortly after Mitchell had got up to return his plates, Link sat up all but beaming when he heard a familiar voice call out to Link and himself. Turning around to see Sheik and Tetra approaching them, the Hero of Time laughed and waved, "Hey Sheik, Hey Tetra!" At the disguised princess' question, he turned his own pumpkin around to show the start of his own design before stating, "I think it's going pretty well so far!" And now that the two girls had come by to join them, he was sure it was going to get even better.

Link was just about to answer Tetra's question before Mitchell himself returned and did just that. Whilst their tenant had got to meet and know Link, Link, Sheik, and Impa over the course of his first year here, he had not actually got to meet Tetra yet. Well, until today that was!
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:46 am

S’mores! Link licked his lips just thinking of the sticky melted marshmallow treat. He had first learnt of them via one of his fairy’s non-stop babbling of it about how he saw them on television and how it was the perfect snack because there was an open fire involved. He then had his first experimental s’mores with Sheik when his younger friend arrived to the Breach. Ah, that was a fine evening of catching up and sharing tales of adventures.

Link had heard mentions of this ‘America’ place before from various sources and people in this world. From the sounds of it, it was land as big as Portal Breach was (maybe bigger) with even MORE people than here. Coming from worlds where the most people he’d ever seen in one place never surpassed a few hundred at best, a place where there were even more people than Portal Breach was a hard concept to visualise.

As Mitchell went to return the plates, Sheik and Tetra arrived. Link waved and to answer Sheik’s question, he turned his pumpkin around for his disguised friend to see the progress herself. The squash had been hollowed out, the standard Jack-o-Lantern face had been drawn on with a thick black marker and he was now arming himself with a knife to begin the part of cutting out the design.

Mitchell returned and Link looked between him and Tetra, wondering how the first meeting of their two friends would go.

Last edited by Wind Waker Link on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:59 pm

Sheik couldn't help but laugh a little at her descendant's question about the pumpkins, and she soon shook her head before saying, "No, of course not. They just seem extra lively once you've got the design set and there's a candle in there." It was a simple effect really, but it was still pretty neat.

At catching the greetings from Link and Link, the disguised princess grinned a bit more, and by the time she had taken her seat and got her bandages removed from her hands and wrists, the two boys had turned around their Jack-o'-lanterns in progress to show how things were going thus far. Nodding to the younger Link, she noted, "I'd say so! I can't wait to see them once they're complete!"

Tetra then posed the question about the spare pumpkin at the table, but before either of their friend could answer her, the one who was set to carve it did instead. Sheik's ears perked up slightly at picking up a familiar voice, and no sooner had she turned around than had she spotted none other than Mitchell taking a seat to join them at the table.

"Hey Mitchell!" greeted Sheik as she returned his wave, glad to see their friend here and even happier to learn that he'd agreed to join in on the pumpkin carving. As their tenant introduced himself to Tetra, the disguised princess watched as the older girl was set to introduce herself, inwardly feeling rather pleased that she was finally getting to meet the kind man.
    Tetra
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 42

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    470/470  (470/470)
    Stamina Bar:
    84/84  (84/84)

Post by Tetra on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:56 pm

“Hm,” hummed the captain. Lively pumpkins, eh? Tetra still thought the squashes made better projectile targets than they would decorations but she cannot deny that it's a clever dual use of the squash - its pulp for food and it's exterior for decoration.

When she had asked why there was an extra pumpkin on the table, she haven't expected a voice she did not recognise to answer. She turned around and spotted an unknown man approaching then took a seat. The pirate captain blinked. They were carving their pumpkins with another? Nobody told her about this but at the same time, she wasn't too surprised since the Links did choose a rather public spot for the carving. It was expected that one or two tenants might be roped into it especially with how friendly the two boys were when greeting passing tenants.

She returned the man's wave with a nod of her head and a grin. "I'm Tetra. Link, Link and Sheik had told me about you. Mostly that you are friendly, polite and nice. Glad to finally pt a face to the name."

Tetra eyed the pumpkin carving which was in progress under the boys' hands then observed the untouched ones in front of herself, Mitchell and Sheik. Hum, what should she carve? No, more importantly: "So I presume I cut the top off first but what do I use to scoop out the inside? A spoon or a knife?"

There probably wasn't a difference or if there was, it was a matter of which had a better edge over the other.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:41 pm

It sure was fun to learn more about the Hyruleans and their world, and it was fun to talk about Earth too. Even though he obviously wasn't a human, Earth was still technically his home. He was glad to know that the Hyruleans knew about s'mores too, they were always a rather nice treat! Especially while camping. His plates had been returned and he had returned, smiling to Tetra and Sheik. "Hello again, Sheik!" It was nice to see him again too! The whole gang was here, sans Impa.

So the girl with Sheik was Tetra, the new one of the Hyruleans. Blond hair and pointy ears, seemed to be very consistent features! "Nice to meet you Tetra, I heard about you too, though not much beyond that Link and Link are hoping to introduce you to the holidays here." He chuckled a bit and turned to Link, Link and Sheik with a grin. They told their friend he was friendly, nice, and polite? How nice of them!

He grabbed up a marker and turned the pumpkin around, trying to think up a face. Downward eyes perhaps, with a wide fangy mouth. "A spoon, I believe! Its safer and scoops more out." It'd been years since he'd done this! Though it wasn't hard to know what to do to carve a pumpkin. The real grind was the carving of the face.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Link chuckled a little as Sheik agreed that the pumpkin progress was going pretty well so far, right before nodding firmly at her enthusiasm over seeing the completed Jack-o'-lanterns. "Neither can I! I think these might even be our best carvings yet!" Last year's were great, but this year, they had extra help, and by now they were all more experienced at this fun tradition.

Grinning a bit as Tetra introduced herself to Mitchell and noted some of what he, Link, and Sheik had shared about their kind tenant, Link was even happier as all five of them sat down to work on their carving. Around this, Tatl, took the chance to glance over the partial designs that the two boys had drawn, finding herself rather curious as to what the two disguised princesses might come up with.

Link nodded as Tetra checked that she should cut the top of the pumpkin first, and at her next question, he found himself blinking in thought before Mitchell took to answering it. He had thought that was right, or at least, that was what he and Link had done! "Yeah, spoons work the best for that. If some of the pumpkin guts are too stuck to the side of the pumpkin, you can scrape them off with a knife, but then scoop them out with a spoon." He'd already taken care of that task himself… now he was set to finish drawing his design and start carving it out!
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:08 am

The innkeeper nodded in agreement with his younger nametwin’s words. Last year’s carvings had been good but with another year of experience under their belt, this year’s was turning out to be even better and now, they were set to share this experience with somebody new to the holiday.

“Mitchell’s right, a spoon would be safer,” assured Neri, not that Tetra’s ability to handle a knife without cutting herself but why choose the risky route when there was a safer option? The fairy nudged the utensils from the centre of the table towards their three new squash carvers, encouraging them to take their pick. “You don’t have to think of a design immediately. You could always just get the insides out first then decide the design later.”

“Put the insides in this bowl here,” Ciela advised as she bobbed above a large metal bowl right in the middle of the table. “I think the kitchen said they’re planning to make pies out of them and maybe cookies as well.”

Again, the innkeeper nodded in agreement. So far, Link had started each of his pumpkin carvings with the standard Jack-o-Lantern that could be seen in Halloween decorations everywhere. Afterwards, he would usually attempt something more personalised. Last year, he had made basic version of the Stock Pot Inn’s logo, this year, he was planning to attempt it again but give it the cleaner finish that last year’s lacked.

First, let’s finish this pumpkin. The young boy pushed his sleeves a little further up his arms and reached for a knife. Time to start carving the ‘scary’ face out of this pumpkin.

Leaf looked from his own squash then to Mitchell’s before batting his wings in excited curiosity. “What would you be carving on yours?” This was a man who might be dressing up as a gorilla! Whatever he came up with must be just as interesting.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Wed May 07, 2014 1:21 am

Sheik grinned at Mitchell's returned greeting, right before smiling further at the introductions exchanged between him and Tetra. Her descendant's own mention of what she had heard of their kind tenant was definitely accurate, and she couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the open statement. At Mitchell's note about Link and Link being set to introduce the pirate captain to the holidays of the Breach, Sheik turned to the two boys with an amused expression, soon giving both of them a knowing nod. Just as they had helped her learn about the holidays here two years ago, now it was time for all three of them to help Tetra out!

Having already got to cutting open the top of her own pumpkin, Sheik nodded to echo Mitchell's answer regarding using a spoon instead of a knife to extract most of the pumpkin pulp. Link added to the response for Tetra's query, right as the disguised princess was set to trade out her knife for a spoon for just that task. Smiling at the older girl, Sheik noted, "I'm sure that no matter what design you come up with, it'll look great."

As she started the process of scooping out the first part of the pumpkin innards, Sheik blinked in surprise at Ciela's remark. "Wow, I thought carving pumpkins had too much of a mealy taste to be used… but with Komatsu set to cook, I'm sure he could use these the same as a cooking pumpkin!" Even if a given ingredient didn't seem to be the same as one that was typically a better fit, given the right chef, it could still be put to great use. It was good to know that the pumpkin pulp wouldn't go to waste, and after the array of seasonal treats last Halloween, the disguised princess was rather curious about the upcoming ones this year.

Still set in the cleaning out of her pumpkin, Sheik perked up a bit at Leaf's question to Mitchell. She already had an idea as to what she herself might carve, but she was certainly curious to see how all of five Jack-o'-lanterns would turn out.
    Tetra
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 42

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    470/470  (470/470)
    Stamina Bar:
    84/84  (84/84)

Post by Tetra on Mon May 12, 2014 7:39 am

A spoon it shall be. Tetra reached for one of the knives on the table, gave its edge and size a quick examination before she started cutting off the top of the pumpkin, using the others’ work to judge how big the ‘lid’ had to be. Once the top came off, she cannot help but scrunch her nose up at the look of the inside the squash, already questioning whether this part of the holiday celebrations was worth getting her hands dirty in such a way for.

The idea of using parts of the pumpkin for cooking did however helped in her making the decision to continue the task at hand. In Tetra’s mind, there was nothing quite like food to help motivate you into doing something. Despite the advise to use a spoon, she cleaned the top of the pumpkin with the knife she had, dropping the unwanted bits into the bowl as instructed.

She set down the knife, picked up the spoon and tilted the pumpkin up slightly so she had a better view of it’s side. A design… she didn’t want to carve a face much like Link was doing but it looked like the simplest choice. Anything original and you would have to think about what to keep in and what to carve out. “Hm, I might have something a bit more pirate related on mine. Would a skull and crossbones be too ambitious to carve for a first timer?” She looked at her friends and raised an eyebrow, waiting for their advice. She would have no idea how to do the eyes of the skull though. It wasn’t like she could keep two chunks of pumpkin suspended in the air attached to nothing, right?
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Fri May 30, 2014 11:13 pm

Mitchell stared deeply into the pumpkin side, noting every little groove and impression in the gourd. Of course, looking at the intricate details of the pumpkin certainly wasn't helping him think up a proper face for it. He wiggled the marker between his fingers in thought before deciding to place the marker to the side. Perhaps hollowing the pumpkin out would help him think up a good design! With a brief nod to himself, he set the pumpkin back down on the table, an area covered in newspaper of course, and grabbed a knife. He stabbed it down into the pumpkin's top and began to carve out the lid, glancing as the others agreed that a spoon would work best.

"Right. A knife may help dig the meat of it out better, but scooping it out with a spoon is a lot safer." He nodded in agreement. Even though the hospital could easily mend injuries, it was best not to push it. Ciela pointed out a bowl for the insides of the pumpkin to go. Noting it for later, Mitchell placed his knife down as the lid had been cut. Grabbing the stem of the pumpkin, he pulled upwards and pulled it out, giving a brief glance inside of the pumpkin and its gooey insides. Tetra used the knife, though since she was cleaning the top rather than scooping it he supposed it was safe enough. The man grabbed the knife and sliced the access gunk off of the bottom of the lid, turning to Leaf as he asked what he was going to carve.

"Ehehe...I'm...actually not sure yet! I had a few ideas but they didn't seem all that creative..." Setting the lid aside, he began to scoop out the insides, glancing at Tetra. A skull and crossbones? "That's a neat idea, but it may be tough. If you want pirate related, maybe you could do a pirate ship? It could be a good idea to practice your design by drawing it on paper. The main mistake first timers make is confusing what they should cut out. Depending on what you make, it really changes the pumpkin if you carve out the wrong piece." The main design perk of Jack-O-Lantern's were the designs that the candle light exposed, after all. Tetra's design gave him an idea though, and Mitchell grabbed his marker and began to draw on the pumpkin's side.

"Aha, now I know what to carve! A wolf howling at the moon!" Perhaps not the most original idea, but he rather liked it.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Link had just drawn the first of the lines for his Gibdo face design on his Jack-o'-Lantern as his friends discussed the ins and outs of carving the pumpkins. He did catch the discussion about some pumpkin-based treats later, and although he was focusing intently on finishing drawing the right lines for him to get the bandage look just right, he could not help but smile a bit at the thought of some pumpkin cookies later. He didn't like them as much as chocolate chip ones, but they were definitely nice and really made him think of the current season.

At Tetra's question, Link perked up, a smile starting to form on his face as he tried to imagine a skull and crossbones design on her Jack-o'-Lantern. Mitchell might not have known what to carve yet, but the pirate captain definitely had an idea that suited both her as well as the holiday here. Nodding along with Mitchell's suggestions and advice, the Hero of Time soon set his marker down and placed a finger on the back of his pumpkin, tracing it along the still smooth grooves to help illustrate his point. "It might be tricky, but I think I know how you could do a skull and crossbones! Whether you practice the design on paper first for not, maybe you could carve out the eyes, nose, and teeth, and then cut around the skull and crossbones… kind of like… this."

At that, the younger boy drew his finger more to help show the pattern he was talking about, inwardly hoping that he was making sense. If not, he could certainly draw it out to show what he was talking about, but a skull and crossbones might not be nearly as tough as it had the potential to be.

"Huh… that might just work," noted Tatl, chiming a bit as she imagined the potential design for Tetra's pumpkin. Link, Link, and Sheik might have only had a few Halloweens here, but their pumpkin carving skills and eyes for ideas had certainly grown quite a bit in that time. She supposed it was only natural considering how much they loved the holiday, and their general quickness to learn no matter what, but at least it was able to help Tetra out too.

Laughing a bit at Mitchell's own exclamation, Link grinned as he stated, "That sounds perfect! It'll be nice, bright, and festive!"

Last edited by Link64 on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:41 pm

Ciela tilted a wing. A mealy taste? She didn’t really understand that description but if the inn’s chef said he could make something out of it, then they were confident in his ability to produce something delightfully edible. “Maybe he planned to mix it with other pumpkins to reduce the mealy taste,” she noted whilst giving the bowl of pumpkin flesh a doubtful look. There were a lot of pumpkin bits already, she can’t imagine adding even more to it if they had to fit other ingredients with it as well. But… they do have that extreme sweet tooth and stomach of Link’s to slowly chip away at sweet food no matter the quantity.

The owner of the room’s sweetest tooth remained oblivious to his fairy’s thought process, instead he leant a little closer in interest as the younger Link demonstrated what a skull and crossbones design would look like on a pumpkin. Ha, he hadn’t thought of it like that. His own suggestion was that they could keep some lines intact to achieve the suspended features look. His nametwin’s idea sounded a lot better looking though.

“Hwa,” sounded the innkeeper in awe. He was impressed with Mitchell’s choice of pumpkin design. It sounded simple when it was words, but he’d imagine it would be very impressive undertaking to carve it out. Their friend’s creativity and experience showed in his choice. Maybe they could come out of this learning from new pumpkin carving techniques….

“Oooo, I like that idea. Maybe I could hide in the pumpkin and glow extra bright, so that it becomes an extra creepy red moon,” Leaf said as he eyed up Mitchell’s pumpkin. He stretched his wings out and wondered, when carved, would he fit into the hollowed squash.
    Zelda/Sheik
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zelda/Sheik on Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:14 am

Whilst Sheik was still focused on hollowing out her own pumpkin at the moment, she was already excited over her carving design for this Halloween. As it stood, she had previous mentally debated between a few different possibilities, but even before she and Tetra had come on downstairs, she had decided just what she was going to carve this year. In tribute to her costume from last year as well as to their homeworld, she had decided to carve the face of a Guardian. However, whilst she had dressed up as a walking Guardian last year, this time, she was going to carve the mask of a flying Guardian. The design she had in mind was simple enough, and even for those that did not recognize its face, she felt it was an appropriate design for the holiday.

"Most likely. I'm sure it'll all be tasty, though," noted Sheik, nodding in agreement with Ciela's sentiment regarding how Komatsu might mix up the pumpkins with other ingredients. A moment later, she glanced about the table as everyone continued their current scooping or drawing tasks. Link and Link were the furthest along of course since they had started first, and Mitchell was right behind them, set to draw his design on his pumpkin as soon as he figured out just what he wanted to put on there. Tetra and herself had just started removing pumpkin flesh in earnest, but that was one of the easier parts of carving, and she knew that they would both be set to put their ideas into motion before too long.

Turning to her descendant at her question, Sheik looked between Mitchell and Link at their suggestions regarding carving something pirate themed on her pumpkin. With the mention of a skull and crossbones, the disguised princess found herself rather glad that she had decided not to opt for a Stalfos head this year. They were very fitting for Halloween, but their own bony heads could be used for another design in the future. Pausing her own scooping so that she could hand a spare sheet of white paper to Tetra, Sheik stated, "Mitchell has a good point, so do be sure to draw it and then lay it over JUST the right section and see how it would fit before you get set to carve it out. I think Link's idea might work very well, and drawing it out here will help you visualize it even better!"

Just like her friends, Sheik was very intrigued by Mitchell's idea for a carving. Chuckling just a little at Leaf's own words, she added, "I like that idea a lot! It'll be great to see it even before it's all lit up!"

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:37 am