Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

At least I don't shed

Post by Randall on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:28 pm

TIME: 7:43 AM
    DATE: October 17th, 2013

Such a dead sleep. It was as if nothing could awake him as he remained motionless and breathed softly, slumbering in a peaceful and quiet demeanor. The area was dark, too dark to see anything, it was as if nothing was even around him as he continued to sleep. Faint noises could be heard but... what were they? It sounded like... something metallic, hitting something? A faint twitch from his eyes indicated a disturbance, and slowly, the eyes opened, looking tired and as if he hadn't slept at all. It was still too dark to see anything, but the feeling around him... what was he laying on?

"Why is this bed so hard...?" he questioned aloud to no one, and before he could get up, his head hit something, and the noise of something falling atop of him was apparent. Touching the obstruction, it was made of wood... in fact, there was wood all around him. He was in a coffin. "H-Hey! What are you doing!? Who's doing this!?" he called out, but the sound, it was obvious what it was now. The sound of a shovel digging into the earth and covering him with the soil as he was being buried alive. "STOP! I'M STILL ALIVE IN HERE! GET ME OUT!" Pounding on the wood proved useless, and as his panic state rose higher, the air began to tighten around him.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH, LET ME OUT OF HERE!" It started to become harder and harder to breathe, as if the air was being sucked from his lungs. "H... Let me... out..." His body weak, his lungs airless, he felt a strong vertigo before trying to call out in a pitiful whine, "l... let m... out..."

"GAH!"

Gasping for air as if he had been submerged, Randall looked around him and saw--fur. Lots of fur? Where did all of these animals come from?? Where was he? The monster shook his head and opened his eyes, squinting as the glare of a sunbeam struck his eyes from a curtain. Trying to get up without awakening the furry beasts, Randall looked around again and... no, he still couldn't remember. Blinking in a clueless manner, he poked his head out of the window to see his surroundings. Huh! It looked like a farm or something. Now it made sense!

No it didn't.

Where the crap was he? "Ugh..." rubbing his head, Randall looked back at the sleeping animals and went blank for a few moments before remembering... right. Right! He brought Kev home because he was probably not going to make it by himself. Then he kind of fell asleep. At least they didn't wake up in the same bed... A shiver went down his spine at the thought, but he had nothing to worry about.

Of course... the monster wasn't sure what to do now. Kev would probably be waking up soon, but, in truth, he vaguely recalled how he even got here, albeit with Kev's poor directions. His feet were scratched due to tripping a few times over rocks and rubbing against spiny plants with spikes. The idea of walking through that entire field again for hours didn't sound fun at all...

Maybe he'd just wait for Kev to wake up, then get better directions. That seemed like a plan...
    For now.

Last edited by Randall on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: At least I don't shed

Post by Kev on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:59 pm

Kev's face was nestled in his pillow, having fallen asleep on his stomach when he'd fallen asleep. Both arms were grabbing onto the pillow in a slight embrace, and every so often he'd let out a trill and nuzzle. Thankfully for Randall, Kev was also wearing a tin foil hat on his head so any sleepy mumbles were kept solely to him. On this morning he was sleeping peacefully, not even Randall's startled little yell could wake him up!

It did, however, wake up the two small dogs and one cat that had come downstairs and slept with the 'stranger' instead of their owner. Shally merely lifted her head and observed Randall looking around the place. The two dogs immediately started to yip and hop after Randall, Oscar sniffing at his feet. Percy kept trying to grab the monster's tail and play. And if anything could wake Kev up, it'd be the yips of his dogs.

"Hnagk...Percy, Oscar..." He sleepily lifted his head up out of the pillow, though to his surprise...he was alone in the bed. Most of the time, the dogs and cat would pile into the bed with him and sleep on him! They weren't here, but they were barking downstairs? "...!" He jerked into an upright position. An intruder! He grabbed the foil hat and threw it onto the bed, reaching for the heaviest thing in sight which was...a book. Holding it like a weapon, he opened his door quietly and crept down the stairs. He peeked his head around the corner of a wall and blinked. "Randall? What are you doing in my house?" He stepped completely off the stairs and onto the first floor as the gears in his head started to turn.

Creak, creeeak...

"...Oh yeah! You took me home! Thanks for that, Randall~!" He set the book down on the stairs and seemed to float to the kitchen. "You want some tea or water? I might be able to find something for you to eat too, maybe some toast or a biscuit!" He already set to work putting water into a tea pot and setting it on the stove top to boil. He liked to have guests over!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Dogs.

So noisy and smelly, but at least they didn't try to bite him like most dogs back in his line of work. Most dogs actually never liked monsters, but... considering how this place was abnormal, the animals probably smelled some one far stranger. "... Shoo, shoo. Go find Kev." Before he could actually shoo them away, Kev came down and asked what he was doing here. About to explain, Kev realized that, yes, Randall did take him home. "It's okay," was all he stated.

Ready to ask where to go to get out of here, Kev offered him breakfast. Well... he did lug him around for..... X knows how many hours. Some coffee sounded better, but that would probably be a bad idea for Kev to have some. "... Yeah. Sure. Tea and toast. Sounds fine... dry toast." Also known as the 'nausea delight' in some places!

"Sorry to take your animals from you. I fell asleep and they kind of swarmed me. I don't know why." Did he smell like one? That would be pretty bad if he did...

Well.
    Now he did.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Indeed, the dogs had smelled a variety of weird and odd creatures. Randall was a new smell, but since he had come with their owner rather than slinking in through a window in the middle of the night, they figured he could be trusted. After Kev came downstairs, they went over to him instead, yipping at his feet. Kev turned to them and cooed, bending down slightly. "Did you guys sweep well? Huh, didja? Didja?~" He stroked their furry heads before going to the kitchen's back door and opening it. "Go potty guys, come on~!" The two dogs raced outside immediately leaving Kev and Randall alone. Well, them and Shally.

Kev nodded to Randall and plugged in the toaster, grabbing two slices of bread and putting them in to...well, toast. He grabbed out two simple cups. "Do you need anything specific for your tea?" He was already at the cabinets, grabbing out some sugar, and the tea packets of course. He turned back to Randall as he spoke, apologizing. "Ah, its fine. They like to meet new people. They probably thought you were a new pet or something, hehe! No, um, offense, of course!" He chuckled awkwardly. "Besides, it felt kinda good to sleep without one of them on my back. Kinda keeps me from moving into a good position, you know?"

"Mreeeow..."

"I know, I know, I'll get to you guys in a moment." Pushy cat was hungry.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:54 pm

"No, straight tea is fine."
    Randall rubbed his arm and placed them behind his back as he glanced around, just standing and feeling slightly awkward. Well, very awkward. He'd never been to anyone else's house here in the Breach, and not much, if at all, in Monstropolis. Social interaction wasn't his strong suit. "You have a lot of animals," Randall said as he looked at the animals happily greeting Kev as he started to do what looked like a daily routine.

Hm... Didn't Kev say he had a girlfriend? He didn't want to pry, but he wondered where she was. Randall wouldn't ask, though. None of his business. "You got a farm or something going on here?" he asked, trying to make conversation, though it was obvious he was straining when it came to words. "Never really been on a farm before." There weren't many farms in or near Monstropolis as far as he could remember. Country-like homes, yes, but no actual farms that he saw. Of course, the animals there were more..... monstrous. Kev would probably be scared of them if he happened to gaze upon one.

Probably ask if it's diseased or going to die.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Ah, straight it was! Kev poured a bit of sugar into his own cup, leaving Randall's alone, and soon made his way around the kitchen, collecting the food bowls. He brought them to the pantry and grabbed out the bags of food, scooping them into their respective bowls and setting the food down. Shally instantly perked up and came over, bell on her collar ringing as she came and began eating her food. He scratched behind her ear lightly. "Yep, there's about..." He did a quick mental count. "12 animals all in all!" Eesh, that sounds like a lot.

He left Shally alone to eat and took a seat at the small table, finally coming to a stop since he had first woke up. He gestured for Randall to join, if he wanted. "A farm? I guess! I suppose it is like a farm since I shave the sheep and collect their wool to make stuff. The majority of the animals are Leslie's, the only ones that are technically mine are the two dogs you slept with, Shally the cat, and Chester the goat." Yep, he had a bit of a menagerie going on. "So how'd you sleep, Randall? I hope the couch wasn't too uncomfortable." Especially with little bed-mates.

Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:08 am

Looking around as if to find an exit, Randall eventually came over, though with hesitation, and sat at the table, folding his arms up and keeping his head down a bit. He had nothing to say as Kev spoke, mentioning his home and the animals he had, twelve in all. He had no idea Kev had to take care of animals, especially since he was so scrawny and couldn't even move the monster. It was a wonder he could handle all the animals by himself...

But then Leslie was brought up. Considering she was not here, awake, or Kev even mentioning her as if she was around them, Randall assumed she was one of the people to have left. Thoughts started to bubble in his head, but those were quickly popped, and he didn't bother with them. It wasn't his business, and he didn't care. Crap happens, as they say. The alien seemed fine to him. Paper faces on parade, huh?

"... Cute pets..." he mumbled, looking down at the cat eating. The question of how he slept made Randall perk up a bit and look as if he was being questioned for a homicide for a moment, before he blinked slowly and relaxed, tilting his head as it cracked a little, "slept? I slept fine. Animals shed a lot, but otherwise, fine..." Yep. Nothing else. SUBJECT CHANGE. "So--uh--what do you do after breakfast?..." yes, change that subject. Also, hey, he had never been on a farm.

It'd be funny to see Kev try to lift things or actually do some kind of manual labor with those little noodle arms, but the monster wasn't planning on staying too long. Not like he had other stuff to do, but still, it felt a little... awkward.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:30 am

As Randall joined him at the table, Kev had to admit that this was a little awkward. What had started as him just dropping him off at the cottage had become something of a sleepover and breakfast. He enjoyed having Randall over, that was for sure, but they differed a bit in terms of socializing. Kev was like a social butterfly, chattering away in someone's mind with ease. Randall seemed to prefer not talking, or talking very little. But that was totally fine, that was Randall! Not everybody had to be chipper and talkative.

Kev didn't dwell much on the subject of Leslie and instead just observed Randall with interest. "Oh yes, very!" He could just grab them all up and huggle them closely, nuzzling and scratching behind their ears, cooing sweet nothings! His head tilted slightly at the look on Randall's face. He looked startled for a moment there...but he wouldn't pry. "Good." Like a gearshift on a car, the subject had changed. Kev was about to answer, when the pot started to whistle from the boiling, and the toaster made a noise as the toast popped out.

Kev hopped up and carefully placed the toast on a plate for Randall, setting it down for him and pouring the hot water into the tea cups. He prodded the tea bags to make the water filter through. "Well, after making sure everyone has food or water I relax around here for a bit before walking to the city so I can start my shift at the shop. What about you?" He brought the cups and placed them on the table, preferring to stir his tea for a bit rather than drink it yet. In the meantime he basked in the sunlight peeking through, as that was his 'breakfast'.

Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:04 pm

Always some kind of awkward silence. Randall didn't care, honestly, as he wasn't trying to make conversation, or much of it. He'd prefer to read a paper if there was any, but it looked like out here Kev didn't get anything like that. He'd just have to deal with the awkwardness and be on his way once the two felt 'done' with their little... uh, breakfast thing. He didn't know what to call it.

Receiving the toast and tea, the monster nodded and looked at the tea once Kev took a seat and began to talk. Something about a shift at a shop? He didn't know Kev owned a shop--or at least, he didn't remember. He was probably told lots of times, but never really paid attention. Fiddling with the tea bag, Randall quietly ate the toast and took a sip of the tea, looking over after the question.

What did he do?
    "Nothing," he said bluntly and with little emotion. "I don't have a job yet, so I just walk around or stay inside and read. There's not really much for me to do at this point in time." It was boring as all get out, but it was the truth, and at least Kev was receiving the truth instead of some lie. Then again, Randall had no reason to lie to Kev. He wasn't trying to impress him.

Again, a little silence intervened, and Randall just drank the tea and continued to nibble at the toast, eating quietly.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:10 am

Yep, no newspapers here. He finally took a few sips of his tea, sips here meaning he dipped a bare finger into the brown liquid and soaked it in through his skin. He looked back to Randall as he answered. "Ooh...I'd offer you a job at the shop, but we're pretty set with Minerva, Jana, and myself. If you ever wanted to check it out, its called the City Noise. Also it involves a lot of customer service." Sounded like Randall was bored. "Maybe you could offer some sort of...body guard type thing. Follow people all invisible like, and sneak attack if someone tries to deck whoever paid you. Or maybe a sort of scaring...thing. I know you like to do that. Especially with Halloween coming up, you could scare tons of people!"

Halloween, the time of 'boo's and 'ooga booga booga's! A monster like Randall could get something to do with that, right? He continued 'sipping' his tea, watching Randall. The silences were coming back. He wasn't being a bad host, right? This was sort of hard... "Thanks again for bringing me back here. You didn't have to do that." He could have left him in the Sanctuary, drawn on his face when he was asleep, put his hand in a bowl of water, the list goes on. "I hope you'll be able to find your way back okay."

Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:27 am

Kev sure had a lot of stuff to do. Then again, Kev was social. It was easy for the alien to talk to others, being happy and open. Randall couldn't help but wonder how he kept up the happiness and enthusiasm despite the things that he's heard, but... he shrugged, sipping the drink and finishing the toast quickly. "That's fine, I wouldn't really want to work with a lot of other people... and I don't think people would want someone invisible following them... they wouldn't really know, would they?" Another shrug, and the tea was gone. Not asking for another cup, Randall went silent, until Kev began speaking again.

"You suggested it, I offered, you took it, simple. Besides, I had nothing to really do anyway. And I will. It shouldn't be that hard. I'll get along fine." He'd get lost probably, but hey! He got lost in the desert for a while and what have you. That worked out well, considering he made it out alive and with a truck and some tools. "... I could use a little more tea though, if that's okay." Just a little would be helpful. "I'll get out of your way afterwards..."

And then silence again. Kev was not being a bad host, far from it. Randall was just quiet, you know. Quiet and... not sure what to say or talk about. He was blankly staring at the table, arms crossed on top of it as he gave a dull expression. "..."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:30 am

"That's true...for all they know you could just be pretending to follow them while invisible and really just be sitting at home eating doughnuts." Being invisible had a few perks like that. He watched slightly as Randall ate his toast and drank his tea, hoping he wasn't coming off as creepy. "I suppose the best thing to do would be to just exploit your talents." Though not all talents lent themselves well to a job. For instance, Kev's puppets weren't about to get him hired for a job anytime soon.

"I suggested it? Wow, that's kinda rude of me...'hey Randy, take me home. Mush!' Gods I must have been half asleep when I suggested that..." He didn't really remember it but then again last night was a bit of a hazy blur. The gist was there and was more important. "If I had a map I'd give it to you to help you along. But basically as long as you aren't headed towards the forests, mountains, or wastelands, you're going the right way." He nodded at the request and grabbed the cup, taking it over to the tea pot. He grabbed the old tea bag out and tossed it aside to the trash, putting a new one in and pouring the now cooler water into his cup. He gave it a few stirs before bringing it back to Randall.

"Whenever you feel comfortable with leaving is fine with me, I still have to check on the rest of the animals. Oh! I nearly forgot to let Oscar and Percy in for their own food!" He walked to the back door and opened it wide. "Come on boys, dinnertime!" The two dogs came rushing in, though out in the fields, Biddy lifted her own head in Kev's direction. "Don't worry, I'll get to your's too." He shut the door while the dogs chomped away at their food. Shally's own bowl had been long abandoned, the cat nowhere to be seen. "I uh...don't want you to feel rushed or anything, because I actually like having company over sometimes, but I also don't wanna keep you a prisoner here or something so yeah..." He trailed off awkwardly, tending to his own tea again.

Randall
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Randall on Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Carrying Kev home was no trouble--he weighed practically nothing, thankfully and didn't move too much. It was a very easy trip, though that one hole Randall tripped over in the field was kind of painful. He tried to recall of Kev was awake for that, but it was all a blur--a big blur that would've made more sense if they had been drunk, maybe. "It's fine," he said once more, still the same tone and tired look, hopefully hinting to Kev that "no, really, it's fine", and the alien would let it go.

The feeding began for the dogs and Kev was sidetracked, mentioning Randall could leave whenever he wanted. It felt like a hint the way he kept mentioning it, but the monster wasn't offended; Kev seemed to have a lot to do around here, especially by himself. Offering to stay and help would be courteous, no doubt, but...

"Right," rising from his seat, Randall placed his dishes next to the sink. It just felt so awkward... why? Maybe it was better for him to leave, being here was more like he was imposing or making Kev feel strange in his own home. "... Well," he began, rubbing his hands together, "thanks for breakfast, and I'd do the dishes, but I don't know how exactly you prefer them done... so uh, I'll just get out of here."

Fine, that worked. Shrugged and walking backwards a bit, Randall went towards the door and let himself out, "later, Kev."

Outside, it felt cold and wet, and Randall knew by the time he got back to the city, he wouldn't be feeling his feet for a while. That was fine, he guessed, he didn't really care right now. The only thing that gave him peace of mind was that he was outside, and he started marching forward without really looking around at the place. There wasn't really much time for him to dawdle, and the quicker he got back, the better he would feel... maybe.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:32 pm

He nodded along with Randall's assurance that it was fine, though he still felt a smidgen bad. And awkward. At least they had had a nice visit! Perhaps part of the reason this felt so off was because of the weird little friendship the two of them had. When compared to say, Zurg, who he'd had a lot of emotional moments with, his emotional moments with Randall were mainly the teasings and snarkings in the Sanctuary. They were a lot more casual and choleric. They also didn't know much about each other. Kev knew that Randall was...a monster or something, could turn different colors and invisible, and had a job scaring people. As well as a few bad relationships with his girlfriends, big surprise there. Otherwise? They didn't quite know each other enough to do something like this without a bit of awkwardness, and it wasn't either of their faults.

Though Kev did feel like he was shoving him out the door when he sort of wanted him to stay. They didn't know each other enough for that to come off very well though, and Randall didn't need anymore reasons to think Kev had some sort of crush on him. This seemed to happen to him a lot, didn't it? He grabbed his own cup as Randall placed his own dishes into the sink. "That's fine, you're the guest. Guests shouldn't have to do dishes." So he was gonna leave now, huh? Honestly pretty good since he had to make sure the animals would be okay, though he felt like he was shoving him out again. He followed behind him as he left for the door.

"O-okay, good bye Randall! Just make due South and you'll be okay! Holler if something tries to hunt you or kill you, okay? Have a safe walk and come back anytime!" He watched him leave for a moment before closing the door behind him. He could do those dishes later, for now Biddy needed some food. He walked to the back of the cottage and out the back door, ready to start this day.

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:10 pm