Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Re: Do Not Test On Animals

Post by Chell on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Impa wrote: We don't know what the permanent cure is, but these forms can be temporarily reversed with hot water.

Oh. Well. That would explain the jug the fairies had rushed in carrying then. Chell couldn't say she was too surprised, as if falling into cursed springs was what caused this in the first place, then it made sense that the same thing reversed it, sort of. The woman nodded sagely, finding herself wondering how hard dodging every day water obstacles--like say, rain, or puddles--suddenly became once there was the possibility of you turning into a bear if you so much as came into contact with it. Certain things were easy to ignore until they affected you personally, and then suddenly it seemed like there were annoyances everywhere--like the smell of food while being sick to your stomach, or loud noises after a hangover. (Or so she'd heard.) Either way, it seemed like a conundrum indeed, although she was glad the way to fix it was just as simple.

Speaking of which, the fairies were taking care of Impa now. Eyes wide with curiosity, Chell watched as the trio very carefully tipped the jug over the Sheikah's head, causing a small stream of water to cascade off of her and on to the floor. Normally, the former test subject would have offered to help clean up at the sight of any spills, but right now the only thing she could manage was to stare in dumb fascination as the head of the panda instantly transformed back into her friend, along with the rest of her body as the water continued to descend. This was one thing, she could say without a doubt, she had not expected to see when she woke up this morning. Huffing out a breath of disbelief and almost amusement at what her life had become, she gave Impa a nod, a wry smile playing about her lips once the initial shock wore off.

Now all that was left was Link. Turning to the boy-turned-piglet, she had actually been about to offer to help him off the desk herself when he decided to throw himself off of it--something Chell wasn't sure was the greatest idea when you were stuck with stubby pig legs. Wincing slightly, she watched as he landed in a continuous roll across the floor, confirming her suspicions, although he righted himself soon enough. Ciela was saying something to her about experimenting with various temperatures, and she couldn't help but feel a stab of pity for the both of them when the fairy mentioned that the curse did indeed make it harder to avoid water, just as she'd feared. Thinking back on it, she couldn't help but wonder what incident had brought them to this state right here in the first place... in any case, she'd have to remember to keep an eye out for any stray leaks from now on.

For now though, it seemed everything was back to normal, or as close to normal as it could be. Returning Link's smile and wave with one of her own, the former test subject relaxed fully, turning her attention back to her notepad. "Welcome back. I'm sorry for staring earlier, I was just... surprised, I guess. It's not every day you come back from lunch to find a bear and a pig wearing your friend's hat in the lobby." Again: what had her life become. "I just hope this experience hasn't been too unpleasant for either of you."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:05 am

Impa could not help but sigh slightly in relief when the faires moved to carefully pour just enough hot water onto her head to instantly change her back from a panda into her true Sheikah form. She quickly shook a couple of the water droplets from her head and returned Chell's nod, just in time to catch Link eyeing the edge of the desk. She fully trusted him to be safe in his piglet form, especially since around the testing that all three of her charges had performed with their curses, they had also spent a little more time getting used to their alternate forms. Link might not have been able to jump up too much as a piglet, but the lad was already skilled at rolling, whether forward or in landing from a jump.

Although Impa remained ready to catch Link just in case if his jump went awry, thankfully the piglet landed in a perfect roll… which soon proved to be a little too perfect. After three consecutive rolls, Link was able to catch himself, just in time to be caught by the hot water himself. Glancing from the returned boy back to Chell at Ciela's explanation, Impa quirked a somewhat sheepish brow before adding, "Water is not exactly attracted to us in these forms, but some days it certainly seems like it is. The decreased luck around water is thankfully not a constant, but it is enough to make things interesting."

Impa smiled and nodded to Link before glancing back to Chell as she finished penning her next message. The smile she wore broadened at her friend's welcoming her back and the rest of her text, inwardly thinking that it must have been quite a sight to stumble upon indeed for the former test subject. She had known that from the start of the encounter of course, but it was no less amusing, especially seeing it written.

Nodding once more to her, Impa stated, "Thank you, Chell… and that's all right. I know it must have been more than a little strange to see the two of us not only in those forms but by the desk as well. I'm just glad we did not surprise you too greatly."

She paused to exchange a glance and smile with Link at catching the second part of her message, and a moment later, Impa turned back to Chell, noting, "Thankfully no, it's not been unpleasant. A little unusual and different, especially at first, but certainly not bad by any means. I'm sorry to say though, it is not just Link and myself that fell into the springs… Link and Sheik were also out in the forest with us. Sheik actually managed to remain a Sheikah somehow, but he seems to have gained the same unfortunate luck with regards to water. As for Link though… just as Link and I turn into a pig and bear, he turns into a rabbit when splashed."

Whilst the very nature of Zelda's curse could not be mentioned considering her secret, it was still true that she remained her same perceived species, as well as her actual one behind the disguise. The facts behind her falling into a cursed spring and her bad luck with water stood. Still, even though Chell might not have known just who the disguised princess was behind her alternate name, Impa had a very strong feeling that when the day came for her to learn the secret, that she would also soon learn of the curse that her charge had sustained. At least the forms were all temporary.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:08 pm

In hindsight, he probably had been a little reckless to jump off the desk as quick as he did without much of a second thought. There were so many things he could do as a boy that the piglet form cannot even dream of doing. Like opening doors, unlocking doors, working elevators, writing, using cutlery etc. Many of these, he didn't realise he couldn't perform until he was actually faced with it or, like here, until he did it. In this case though, it wasn't that he cannot jump off the desk - correction, jump off safely - but that he had underestimated how... well.. squishy and round his new body was. He had judged that he would land safely and land safely he did... except it did not look half as confident and experienced as he would had liked. At least though, Link thought, he found out one more thing work on getting used to as a piglet.

The boy laughed lightly at Chell's message, accepted his digiglass back from Impa and immediately wrote a new message. "Glad to be back. It's fine. I would stare as well if I was in your shoes - probably stare a lot more than you did!"

Link turned the glass pane back around once he was sure the message was read. He listened as Impa explained further what happened, nodding along in agreement. They had discussed earlier as to how to explain Sheik's curse to their friends who had did not know her true identity (yet) and had agreed that it would be wisest and easiest to explain that she was still a Sheikah (which was very true) but just cursed with watery bad luck. It was still so strange that each of them fell into a different spring... though he would feel bad if they all fell into the same one and they all emerged as piglets. He already found himself relying on the others help a lot more when in his smaller animal form so he cannot imagine how much more help they might need if they were all in it. Neri would be very upset if that was so.

"It's not that bad. It's more curious and interesting if anything. The only thing that's 'bad' is that we don't have very much control over when we change. We try to keep a way to change back with us but sometimes and the fairies and our magic help a lot with that."

"That's me! I heat up the water with my fire magic!" Leaf piped up upon reaching that part of text.
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 25

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:08 pm

'More than a little strange' was one way to put it. In fact, after a year of being here and her days at Aperture combined, this might just be the strangest thing she had encountered yet. Huffing out a silent laugh, Chell waved off the two when they expressed gratefulness for not surprising her too badly, thankful for their concern, but more or less fully recovered now. The shock probably would have been greater had her friends not been able to communicate verbally, or if the transformation back into their true selves had been painful. As it was, it had just been a little messy, no damage done. Blinking when Link presented her with his digiglass, her curious look soon turned into a wry smile as she gave the boy a nod of acknowledgement, glad he still seemed like his chipper self despite everything that happened. Her friends had proved time and time again just how resilient they were, of course, but one couldn't help but wonder when both had very suddenly become part of the animal kingdom.

Turning back to Impa, she nodded sympathetically when both confirmed that whilst neither of them found the experience unpleasant, they didn't have a ton of control over the situation either. For her personally, she would have found that frustrating, but most of the time having the gusto to just deal with whatever life threw at you was more important than control. As it turned out though, it seemed Impa and Link were far from the only ones who had been affected, and the woman's eyes widened as her friend detailed just who else had fallen prey to the springs. Sheik and Link... she had almost completely forgotten about them. Hearing that Link had been turned into a rabbit sort of made sense in an insane sort of way, seeing as the other two had turned into animals. But Sheik...

Impa had said he'd remained a Sheikah, but if he hadn't transformed into an animal, then... what exactly had he turned into? These springs did affect everyone who came into contact with them, didn't they? Or did her friend simply mean that he'd just been having bad luck with water as of late? Frowning, Chell just barely suppressed a flare of worry for the boy, though she reminded herself not to pry. After all, Impa would have mentioned if he had been hurt, and if they didn't want to talk about what exactly had happened, then she wasn't one to pry. She understood the need for privacy more than a lot of people, after all.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to ask. Smirking at Leaf's rather proud statement, Chell jotted down a quick note in her notepad once more, holding it up for all to see. "And I'm sure most of the inn staff are very thankful for that, myself included." After all, hired help or no, the former test subject still liked to help out where she could, and having near constant puddles of water to clean up would get real old real fast. Smile fading as she faced her paper once more, she narrowed her eyes in thought, trying to figure out the best way to word the matter before she added on one more line. "Sheik and Link, though--the other Link--they're doing alright too, I hope? I haven't seen them in a while."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Impa nodded to Link as she offered his digiglass back to him, smiling a bit more to him as he moved to write his first message now that he was back in his true form.

Catching Chell's frown around her explanation regarding Sheik and the younger Link, Impa raised her eyebrows a bit as she realized that the former test subject was likely puzzled over just what the springs were, or at least what they meant if one fell into them. She had the general idea of them of course, but it seemed that now was a chance to give her a slightly more expanded explanation.

"I realize that Sheik's own predicament might not be as straightforward as ours, but even with his own decreased luck, I can assure you he's fine the same as we are," started Impa, folding her arms as she glanced once more to Link before turning back to Chell. "Based on what I've been able to research about that clearing of springs over the past couple of days, it seems that each one of them is cursed and whoever falls into them turns into whatever last drowned there… whilst Link, Link, and I fell into the Springs of Drowned Piglet, Rabbit, and Panda respectively, I'm positive that Sheik fell into Spring of Drowned Man. It might have been a human that the spring claimed, but whether that's the case or not, given our similarities, it seems to have left him as a Sheikah… and one his own age."

Regardless of the fact that her own curse caused her to change gender, Zelda had wound up lucky in many regards. Her curse might have brought some awkwardness of its own, especially early on, but at the very least, she did get to remain the same species… already, that had proven not only helpful to the disguised princess, but to all four of them together.

At Chell's note to Leaf, Impa's smile broadened a bit, right before she raised her eyebrows at her next written message. Giving the former test subject a strong nod, the Sheikah stated, "Yes, they are. Even with their luck with water and curse, they're both doing just fine. I'm sure you'll see them around soon, too… I can't imagine they'll go too long without catching you."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:39 am

Neri and Leaf set the jug of water down, and after fluffing up with self-importance at Chell's message, the red fairy swooped down to the ground, puffing a brighter red as he worked on drying up any stray droplets of water with his fire magic. Link prepared himself to respond to what Chell was composing next by clearing his own writing device of text. At the display of her new message though, Link blinked, shared a glance with Neri and Ciela in turn then smiled and wrote back with, “Yes, they’re doing great. As good as we are(?)”

Honestly, he wasn’t sure if being cursed equate to be doing great but he do know that though cursed, they are indeed fine. In fact, apart from the initial worry and the mild frustration they faced on either getting splashed for the N-th time or finding out what sort of actions they cannot do in their cursed form, they were pretty enjoying this experience. Being in a smaller form gave this innkeeper a completely new view of the world around him. Everything was bigger - even the food though he realised that his appetite still remained the same as it was when he was boy, smaller body or not. The scale of things was daunting at first but he soon came to thought of it as a prospective challenge, much like those he would face in the dungeons and temples of his world where it was puzzling at first but once you solved and mastered it, the satisfaction it gave was well worth it.

For Link and the rest of the Hyrulean family, the main pickle of this whole situation was that they cannot control when they change. The cursed form themselves were acceptable but it was rather annoying to suddenly find yourself having hooves and paws when the task at hand required fingers. In that respect, Sheik was the luckiest out of the four of them.

Link chuckled at Impa’s suggestion that they wouldn’t be out of Chell’s vision for long. Indeedly, their friendship aside, the inn was the inn and they were still staff. The chances of them bumping into one another were exceedingly high.

“If you see a pink rabbit in a smaller version of Link’s tunic, that’s Link,” he noted. There was another rabbit-like being living here and whilst he wasn’t sure if Chell met him or not, it did no harm to tell her exactly which rabbit would be their transformed friend if she ever met him in that form. “He could talk as well.”
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:08 pm

Chuckling breathily to herself as Leaf did what he did best and quickly made good work of the mess on the ground, the former test subject turned and took in Link's latest text, once again pleased that things didn't seem nearly as bad for her other friends as they could have been. She had figured as much, given the fact that Impa surely would have said something if it were otherwise, but she still had a hard time ignoring her own buzzing curiosity. Especially since, well, the logic of how these springs worked was still a little fuzzy on her.

As it turned out, Impa soon started explaining just that, causing Chell to turn to her with a look of dawning understanding. So, if you happened to fall into these things, you essentially became whatever had last drowned in that specific spring. Slightly morbid, but it made enough sense to her, she supposed. Of course, this now led into questions as to just how many victims the springs had claimed into a watery grave, but she stopped herself before she could ponder any further--she was just thankful that her friends had not been among them. She had faith in their resourcefulness, and this little venture proved that that faith had not been in vain, but it was hard to predict things here. The most anyone could do was just stay on their toes.

Still, now that she knew the full story, it sounded like Sheik had actually gotten the best deal out of all of them. Unfortunate for whoever drowned there, of course, but having a penchant for running into water more often than usual was a lot less drastic than literally turning into an animal. Nodding at Impa's suggestion that she'd see them around soon, the woman resumed her writing, presenting her next note with a much less awkward air than the previous one. "I see... thank you for explaining that to me. I'm glad it seems like everyone is adjusting okay then." Because, honestly, she had been though a hell of a lot, but this might have been a little much, even for her. "Although it sounds like Sheik has gotten off the easiest of the bunch here, no offense."

And there was another train of thought... what was it even like, to be an animal like that? Albeit temporarily? Covering her mouth, Chell couldn't help but snort as Link described just what the other Link looked like, attempting to save face with a thankful nod at his clarification not a second later. A pink rabbit wearing a tiny version of Link's clothes, was it? As sorry as she felt that they had to go through this inconvenience, as absurd as it was, one thing was for certain: she would most definitely have to see that at least once before everything went back to normal. Whenever that would be. Jotting down another note, she held it up once again for her companions to see, hoping she wasn't being too invasive. "Good to know. I'll have to see if I can't run into him soon." Wasn't that the truth. "What's it like, though? Being animals, I mean. If you don't mind me asking."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:53 am

Impa chuckled softly at the parentheses-contained question mark in Link's response to Chell. It was certainly accurate, all things considered, but it was still a little amusing to the Sheikah. Being cursed was not exactly great, but even though they each had this new aspect of their constitutions to be extra careful about, the curses were not inherently bad. At their worst, they were inconvenient and possibly a little annoying, but the latter was far more from the fact that they only had as much control over the change as they did over readily available hot and cold water. At their best though, they were certainly an intriguing experience they might not have otherwise come across, and they were already proving to be something to enjoy and bond over.

"Of course. We definitely are adjusting well," stated Impa, nodding to Chell's next note. Once she caught the second part of her written text, she simply smiled knowingly before grinning softly. "Overall, yes he has… and none taken. Cursed or not, I'm just glad that he, Link, and Link are all right." In a sense, despite the initial and from this point on hopefully rare awkwardness, Zelda had gotten off the relatively easy. Each curse had its own advantages and disadvantages, but deep down, the Sheikah was glad that the disguised princess had managed to evade a more drastic change.

Nodding a bit as Link noted what the younger Link looked like in his own cursed form, Impa could tell that the former test subject was a bit amused by the unexpected description of what the Hero of Time looked like when he was splashed. Whether or not she ran into him in that form as she had with the two of them just now, she just hoped that the two were able to meet up rather soon. It was of course very likely that they would, after all.

At Chell's next question, Impa simply raised her eyebrows and pondered over her answer for a second, right before exchanging a glance with Link. A few moments later, she looked back to their friend, stating, "We don't mind at all. To say the least, it's very interesting. In my case, the form of a bear is not incredibly different from my own, namely for most of my moving around and staying upright, even with the larger frame and slight height gain that I have to be a bit careful with… walking on all fours is rather neat in its own way, though." Pausing for a moment as she began to gesture a bit, Impa added, "I'm definitely a little stronger as a bear, and having paws instead of hands can be as much an advantage as a disadvantage, depending on the situation. I suppose I lucked out for the type of bear I wound up as though, because it seems that pandas have a modified bone called a "pseudothumb"… that helps me grip at least some things a little better, like I did with the digiglass."

Glancing back to Link with a bit more of a grin, the Sheikah noted, "Still, I'd have to say that the most intriguing thing is the way my senses change when I transform. My hearing is almost the same, as is my sight, but the boost to my sense of smell is rather amazing. … Really, as for being a bear in general… it's not something I would wish to remain as, but it is a very neat experience."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:38 pm

As Chell took in Impa's explanation Link nodded before finding his thoughts wandering to one of curious possibilities. He narrowed his eyes just a fraction and, as discreetly as possible, looked his fellow mute up and down. What.... cursed form would Chell have if she were to be unfortunate enough to fall into a spring with them? As much as they wouldn't wish their misfortunes on others, the curses did have a rather humourous and fun side - at least, he thought being a pig was rather interesting and fun. It was also a rather unspoken agreement (save Neri would who NEVER agree) that as unfortunate as their cursed forms were, they were rather... fitting to their characters in some profound way.

So, if a form was to match her character, what would Chell be? Instantly, he ruled out something aquatic or something as large as Impa's form was. Perhaps something nimble?

Link laughed softly and nodded. In a way, Sheik did indeed had gotten off the easiest of the bunch since she at least remained Hylian. In another sense though, she also had the awkwardest change of the four of them. Thankfully, the disguised princess handled it with the maturity and adaptiveness they all knew she would and which Link was still impressed with.

He shook his head at Chell's next question, his fairies copied the movement with their glow so that their answer was quadruply confirmed. They do not mind at all. They had shared their interesting points with one another already but even still, they continue to find new details on themselves and each other that never cease to fascinate. Especially Impa's form which was a bear that was completely unknown and new to the Hyruleans until they arrived here.

"Like Impa said, walking on all fours is pretty neat, though I can't figure out how to stand upright without losing balance and toppling over yet. Having hooves instead of hands takes a lot of getting used to but I've observed my own pet piglet enough to understand how to work around it. I guess my main problem is that I'm a lot smaller. Things that I could easily reach as a boy suddenly becomes vast distances when I'm a pig." He looked pointedly at the desk at the end of that message before continuing once he was sure Chell had read it all he wrote so far. "My sense of smell is amazing! I can even smell things buried in the ground and smell what the kitchens are cooking way sooner than I usually could!"

"So THAT was why you bolted towards the dining area all the sudden. You smelled the brownies before they were brought out."

"Ehehe..."

"Well, at least if we ever lose anything, we know you only need a scent sample then you sniff it out."
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:26 pm

Chell listened carefully as the pair described their individual experiences, nodding here and there to show that she was listening. It was, after all, a very interesting concept: what would life be like as a completely different species? What sort of new abilities would you have, which senses were heightened? Impa, for instance, mentioned being stronger, something that that Chell couldn't help but smile a little wryly at, as the Sheikah was already pretty strong. Link had to get used to being stuck walking on all fours, and his much smaller stature. Both mentioned their senses of smell being a huge improvement over what they experienced as Hyruleans, causing her to chuckle when Ciela mentioned the brownies. The former test subject definitely couldn't fault him for that one, especially when you took into consideration how good the Stock Pot Inn's brownies were.

"All of that sounds fascinating." she wrote, giving the trio a thumbs up. Now that the initial shock had worn off, she couldn't help but feel grateful that they were willing to answer these questions--already, they had been highly educational. "Never knew there was such a thing as a psuedothumb, although it makes sense. And I'd probably do the same as you, Link, if I had a nose like that. Remind me to call you if I ever lose anything." At that, she sent a quick wink in the boy's direction, hoping he'd see she was just joking. "Both of you pull of your new forms really well, if you don't mind me saying."

With her responses out of the way, Chell's face seemed to take on a slightly thoughtful look as a new idea presented itself. Maybe she was subconsciously reading Link's mind, as it wasn't the kind of idea she normally entertained, and it was more than a little ridiculous. But then, this was a ridiculous situation, so she might as well get with the program. How else did you live life here in Portal Breach unscathed? Laughing a little to herself, she jotted down one more quick note, holding the finished sentence up to her friend's with a defeated shake of her head. "Makes me wonder what kind of animal I would be."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Although the four Hyruleans had briefly touched on some of the differences they experienced in their cursed forms with each other in the short time they had had them, this was the first time they had really had to explain just what their new forms were like. It was something rather interesting to ponder, and in the end, Chell certainly seemed to find their collective experiences interesting. Impa was glad for that and she soon met the former test subject's thumbs up with a slight grin, nodding to her before she moved to write another message. The Sheikah could not help but chuckle slightly at the note regarding her unique digit as a panda; indeed, she herself had never heard of such until she had got the chance to research the type of bear she had transformed into, but each time she found herself splashed and having to hold something, she was particularly glad for it.

Admittedly, Impa was rather amused at the exchange between Link and the fairies regarding the brownies from earlier and of course his heightened sense of smell, and Chell was quick to make her own playful addition to it. As far as her remark of the two of them pulling off their new forms rather well went, Impa could only exchange a pleased smile with Link. "We appreciate that. They are certainly something to adapt to, but all the same, I'd like to think you're quite right."

Before too long, Chell appeared to become rather pensive for a few moments before laughing a bit and moving to write down another note. Curious to see just what was on the former test subject's mind, Impa soon raised her eyebrows slightly once their friend turned her notepad back around. Now that was certainly an intriguing thought… truth be told, none of the four of them had had any idea just what they would become when they fell into the cursed springs, much less that they would fall into them in the first place. The springs and their respective curses were not something that any of them had chosen, but it was still rather interesting that each of their curses just seemed to suit each of them. It had not been a fact that the four of them had openly voiced much outside of the occasional remark, and even then, it was mostly a silent understanding that the four of them held.

Gesturing with her left hand from where her right arm was still folded across her chest, Impa stated, "Now that is quite a thought indeed. Had you fallen in with us, you would have probably had the same random chance of becoming any of the animals that we did, or something else entirely. I am far from an expert on these springs, especially since we just discovered them by accident, but even the reading I have done only seems to list a few of the springs. Aside from the four springs that we fell into, there appear to also be springs that might change you into a cat, a duck, or even leave you a girl… that said, I'm sure that if you did happen to fall into any of them, you would be able to do a fine job of pulling off whatever form you took as well."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Link nodded when Chell’s message said to leave finding things for him. The innkeeper patted his own chest and put on a determined face. ‘Leave it to me!’ was the message he was trying to give out. He hadn’t actually tried using his piglet senses to hunt things out yet, but it shouldn’t be too hard. He just had to stick his nose close to the ground, sniff around and try to separate all the scents he picked up. Link would suspect that the main obstacle for him in a search was differentiating scents from different times and he vow to start figuring that part out as soon as he could find time, so as to be prepared if Chell did call for help.

“A pig and panda does suit them, doesn’t it?” agreed Ciela. “Not that I mean you’re like a pig, Link. Just that it seems a little more appropriate since you are familiar with pigs, and your history with them. Alternatively, I could see you as a seagull or a fish, but a piglet worked better.”

Chell’s thoughtful look prompted a curious raised eyebrow from Link as well and once her message was revealed, he adopted a thinking expression for himself as well. He looked her up and down, then tapped the edge of his digiglass in thought. The springs were random as Impa had mentioned and they were unfortunate to have splashed into them before they could stop themselves nor pick a form they wish. That being said, had Chell was to change into something, what would she be?

“I think you could handle any forms just fine - but maybe a cat?” Specifically a ginger cat. He definitely cannot see Chell as a duck and she was already a girl.
    Chell
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    35/35  (35/35)
    Health Bar:
    310/310  (310/310)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Chell on Tue May 05, 2015 3:29 pm

A little amused, Chell sent a soft grin Ciela's way, unable to help agreeing with the fairy. A pig and a panda really did suit the two of them. Like the fairy had said, it wasn't that she thought of Link as a pig, nor did she see Impa as necessarily bear-like, but somehow, the new forms they had taken on felt... right, somehow. Maybe it was Link's own amiable, curious personality, or Impa's quiet way of watching over her charges that made it seem that way, or perhaps it was something else that Chell just couldn't put her finger on.  There was also a distinct possibility that she had just been here too long.

Either way, she had to hand it to those springs... random or not, they had done a great job.

As Impa explained the nature of the springs, the former test subject's nodded, mouthing a little 'oh' of understanding. That made sense, considering what she had said earlier about people taking the forms of whatever had drowned in the springs last. If that was the case, than it made the fact that her friend's new forms suited their personalities so well even more remarkable, as far as she was concerned. Still, she couldn't help but cringe a little as Impa listed off the other known prospects... falling into the spring of a girl was self explanatory, but there was no way, come hell or high water, that she would ever put up with being a duck. That would have lead to some pretty serious shower time right there--as in, good luck ever getting her out of it. Which meant that the only one left was...

"A cat sounds about right." she wrote, pursing her lips thoughtfully. "It would still be easy to get around without much noise, and it's easy to scare people off if they get in your space." After all, as cute as cats were, a quick show of fangs and claws were enough to intimidate your average person, and inflict a surprising amount of damage on those it didn't. Huffing a little as another thought occurred to her, Chell then gestured toward her long fall boots, tapping one of the springs against the ground for emphasis. "Plus, I do tend to always land on my feet."

Good call, Link!

With all of her questions settled, and her initial shock out of the way, Chell was pondering what to say to them next when her stomach decided to make itself known, growling hungrily not unlike Impa had in her bear form earlier. Wait, was she really hungry again already? Maybe her lunch hadn't been as filling as she originally thought... frowning a little at her midsection, the woman gave her friends an amused sort of shrug as an idea for the rest of her afternoon quickly sprang. "Hey, I don't know if you've all eaten yet, but would anyone here be interested in going on a snack run with me?" Rubbing her fingers together, she looked at her friends with mischief in her eyes, clearly not going to get over this one for a while yet. "I'll bring an umbrella."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed May 13, 2015 11:53 pm

Impa smiled a touch at Ciela's echoing Chell's sentiment regarding their curses, the Sheikah soon found that the former test subject was pondering over the springs themselves as well as possible curses she might have ended up with. Considering the fact that each of the four of them had fallen into a spring at random, they were all incredibly lucky that they had ended up with the forms they did. Regardless of the fact that they suited them surprisingly well, Impa felt that with a myriad of other possible curses, they had got four of the best possible ones, and four of the easiest to work with. A bear was large, but at least she still had most of her original mobility. Link and Link might have had to adapt to shorter statures, and of course contend with the gain of hooves or paws, but they were at least nimble enough to make the most of it. As for Zelda… she got to experience something she had been curious about even before she had taken up her disguise, and most importantly, she got to remain the same species.

As far as Chell was concerned, Impa was not sure as to what all springs the training grounds had, but she had to agree with Link: a cat was a very good possibility for their friend. There was one other that came to mind if there was a spring of such, but as far as the cat went, the Sheikah soon nodded to the former test subject, noting, "That sounds like it might just work then. A cat would rather suit you… you're very lithe and agile, not to mention rather fierce in combat when needed." Amused at Chell's own addition about her tendency to land upright, a grin tugged at the corners of Impa's mouth, just before she added, "That said, your tenacity and grace make me think you would make a fine mountain goat of some sort."

Ordon goats themselves might not have been as agile as their mountainous cousins, but from what Impa had seen of the goats she knew quite well and their kin from Earth, they were incredibly skilled at climbing, daring maneuvers, and even in facing off an opponent if need be. Hopefully, Chell would not mind such an assessment, much the same way that neither of them minded the way that her stomach decided to let out an impressive growl.

Exchanging a glance with Link as Chell moved to write her next message, Impa soon read the newly presented text, just before her smile broadened once more. She turned to Link again, gauging his own expression and sharing a nod with him before catching Chell's mischievous expression and equally playful note. Unable to suppress a laugh at that regardless of the 50% chance of rain for today, Impa folded her arms before stating, "We have already had lunch, but a snack run sounds like an excellent idea."

They would be able to let the front desk sit for that long before the younger Link could return to it, especially after the tasks they had already taken care of at it, and that stood whether or not any of the fairies might stay behind. Making sure to leave a quick note for the Hero of Time regardless, Impa moved to reach behind the desk for something, soon producing a large, dark green umbrella. Handing it to Chell with a good-natured smirk, Impa said, "Here you are then… I couldn't bear for you to have to run and get one." With her own playful quip added, Impa nodded once more, adding, "Let's be off."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Thu May 21, 2015 5:13 pm

Pleased that his suggestion of her being a cat was well accepted by Impa and Chell, Link nodded along. Yes, he could definitely see her as a cat or a goat as Impa suggested. Having known her for this long, the innkeeper had grown aware that if the ex-test subject wanted to do something, there was no budging her and she would be very prepared to butt heads with you if you did try to stop her without a very good, strong and convincing reason to do so. Link would not want to be an enemy of Chell’s. He was sure his life would be made hellish if he was.

Chell’s stomach growl prompted Link to share a glance with Impa as they waited their friend to finish penning her new message. The mention of a snack run made Link’s eyes instantly brighten up. YES! If there is anything Link enjoyed as much as the spending time with friends and family, it was food. Unless he was well and truly so full that he cannot stomach another bite, this boy was always ready to shovel more food into his mouth.

He nodded strongly, first to Impa then to Chell, then he laughed at the playful note on an umbrella. It would certainly help them from getting too wet, but as the Hyruleans had experienced already, no matter what precautions you take, it just seems like getting splashed by water of different temperatures was inevitable. Nonetheless, they could still try to stay dry as long as possible in the event of rain.

As Impa went to get the umbrella and leave a note for the younger Link, the older boy moved to open the door. He held it open for his friends before soon joining them outside for a quest to find delicious snacks and scrumptious treats.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:12 am