Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Noche Paso

Post by Nym on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:19 am

TIME: 11:42 PM
    DATE: October 4th, 2013

The nip in the air hinted to the colder season creeping up upon the landscape as insects burrowed their way under the ground, making nests and preparing for winter early. Nym wondered why the air was getting so cold, unfamiliar with the season system and what snow even was. It would be a surprise for him, one he may or may not enjoy. The fur he had allowed him not to be bothered by the cold too much, but the darker it became, the colder it got, and the harder it was for him to ignore it. He had been out, wandering the streets and getting a feel for the city today, not sure what to do and having no intentions on doing anything in particular. No fights, no shopping, no specific place coming to mind where he wanted to go. He merely wanted to wander. Wander and look upon the city in awe as, currently, it was the only place he knew and called 'home'.

The smells constantly changed, from the smell of gas from a car to a fresh cup of coffee, to a nice and toasty fire and even to the scent of perfume, wafting in the air as he passed a few girls that wore clothes of bright coloration and long jackets. They giggled and laughed happily, appearing to have trouble walking and patting the dog-like being as they walked by him, complimenting on his fur and leaving before he could say a word. He was unaware that Friday nights were often infamous for their activities, or the increase of activity. Nym was a little lost, having trouble finding his way back to the inn, and the way people were tonight, he felt a little uncomfortable, and a tad scared, though he wouldn't admit it.

"I hope Aya won't be mad at me for being late..." he said aloud with a hint of worry in his tone, not wanting his 'mother' to become scared for his sake and come out to look for him. The thought made him frown, and he hurried along the sidewalk as he took up a faster pace, not knowing where he was going. "It has to be around here somewhere..." Nym sniffed the air, breathing it in deeply as he tried to focus on certain scents, but he was too far from the inn, or the smell was being heavily masked by other scents, many he had no idea as to what they were or what caused them, and some he'd rather not know.

"I'm lost, I'm lost... maybe I should ask someone for help..." he said to himself quietly, mumbling as his hands rubbed together and hinted strongly that he was uncomfortable and perhaps anxious about something.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Noche Paso

Post by Diablo on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:12 am

Poor, poor little lamb... Away from thy shepherd amidst a den of wolves...

A pair of golden eyes, ever-watchful and ever-curious, noticed a certain dog creature moseying around. With fur as blue as any sea, it wasn't particularly difficult in finding the out-of-place Nym. Ergo a cat, its coat likened to that of rich coal, hopped off its perch, a nearby garbage pail, and came sauntering up to the unsuspecting Nym. "Mrow," it cried, voice sweet and friendly. In true cat-like fashion, the purring feline rubbed up and down against Nym; a fulfilling warmth traveled up the young creature's body. "Mrow," cried the cat again, this time sitting down on its furry haunches before Nym. Expectantly, its tail curled back and forth. Imagine it as a fluffy black worm, if you will. Up... and down... Up... and down... How mesmerizing it must have been, to watch the cat's tail flick to and fro while its friendly purrs tickled the cold air all around.

Up... and down... Up... and down...
    Waiting...
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Nym on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:51 am

Ears perking up at the odd noise of the cat approaching, looking down slightly and seeing it close, rubbing against Nym in a curious fashion. Nym slowly blinked and gave the cat a pat on the head gently, not very certain as to what to do. Another odd blink; why did it feel like it had seen this cat before...? "Hello... uh, kitty!" right, it was a cat, kitty, kitten... one of those names! "Are you lost, too?" Nym noticed the cat's tail swishing back and forth and tilted his own head, trying to wag his tail along with the dark colored cat.

Unsure of what else to say to it, Nym continued to watch the cat, unable to really turn away, interested in the critter. The last cat it saw was when it was little, and it attacked Nym, chasing him around. It was a traumatic event, but Nym knew later on it was mostly because it was feral, and probably had babies to protect! Either way, it didn't mind and forgave the cat. So... looking at this one, he wondered--was it lost? Did it live around here? Was it feral? Did it want some food?

"Well... I'm gonna go! I need to find the inn! If you want, you can follow me! Maybe Aya will give you something to eat?..." he shrugged and turned away a bit, walking slowly before turning his head to see if the cat would follow.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:42 am

Giving attention to a cat would be a mistake Nym may come to regret. Upon hearing it being addressed, the feline eagerly got up and rubbed itself against the dog-creature some more. It mewed and it purred, fluffy tail curling around Nym's legs and arms whenever it had the chance. Lost? Purrhaps... The cat didn't seem responsive at first when Nym began to walk away, instead choosing to blink silently with that same, telling grin. Only when the dog-creature moved an entire meter away did it move, the cat walking side-by-side Nym. "Mrow," it cried, going along for the journey.

Out of a gesture of good faith, the cat's tail was raised for Nym to gently hold. It will lead you back to the Inn, dog-creature. Follow! With a loud purr the cat took the lead, guiding Nym through a throng of bustling people and things. The night will be theirs.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Nym on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:50 am

What a nice kitty! So soft and its fur was so shimmering, Nym was a little jealous due to his fur being dull. But then again... he wasn't fond of baths. He only took them to please Aya! If he could, he'd roll in the dirt all day and not bathe for weeks! But that was irrelevant, and Nym watched the cat as it strolled up, tail held out as if saying 'hold on'. He blinked, furrowing his brow for a moment and unsure if he should touch the cat's tail despite it being obvious that it wanted this.

Were tails not sensitive? A gentle tap and when the cat did not flinch, Nym took hold of it softly, barely squeezing or grasping the cat's tail as he followed. "You're going to try and help me? That's so nice of you, Mr. Cat!" Nym stated without thinking, as if speaking to a normal person, "you do look kind of familiar! I bet you've been around the inn, you probably do know where it is... I wish I could remember." Hanging his head in shame for a moment, Nym looked around before focusing on the cat before him, making sure he wasn't hurting the tail.

Would this cat really lead him home?
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:43 am

It will take you back to the Inn and more, Nym...

The cat dutifully led its furry charge down the sidewalk, whiskers twitching. What a strange sight to behold, a cat walking a dog! However, this was none other than the fabled Portal Breach... Such outlandish sights had certainly lost their novelty after the first year, no? As contradictory as the situation was, hardly a citizen paused to give it much thought. This was preferred, as the cat had other things in mind; being gawked at would only incite unwanted attention. After crossing a vacant street and continuing their heading, a pleasing aroma filled the air. Ah, do you smell it? It was the delectable, juicy temptation of sweet fruits nearby... One of Portal Breach's many merchants, a nocturnal denizen, was busy convincing fellow souls of the night to stop by and peruse his wares. He was partially successful, having attracted a modest crowd who carried with them both appetite and funds.

Nym's purring guide had neither.
    With an arch of its graceful back, the feline urged Nym to remain behind at a safe distance. It rubbed up against him, loudly thrumming, before sauntering off in the direction of the merchant's stall. Watch and observe...

Oh how it easy it was for a cat to own the world... It silently approached and kept to the shadows, tail patiently curling back and forth. When the moment became ripe just like the merchant's wares? It aptly stood upon its hindquarters, forepaws outstretched, and lightly batted its claws at the plump morsels. The disturbance was just enough for several pieces of fruit to come tumbling at the ground, earning the merchant's direct ire. "What? Hey, get away from there!" Naturally the cat was rudely shooed away, leaving the seller to stare down at his ruined stock with growing dismay. "Stupid beast... Now I will have to dispose of these tarnished fruit!" And so the merchant, knowing better than to sell dirtied food in front of watching customers, picked up the pieces one by one and threw them into a nearby trash receptacle. Little did he know, of course, that everything had been planned all along...

Pleased, the cat hopped onto that very same garbage pail and withdrew one of the fruits using its mouth. From there, it happily came back to Nym and set the fruit down; nose already rolling it toward the dog-creature. See how simple that was, Nym? It wasn't technically stealing, as you surely witnessed. A harmless... accident, really. There were many such accidents that you, too, could pull off. It simply took a little finesse and ambition.

"Mrow."
    Eat, Nym. Eat, and learn that the rewards were great if you were willing. You couldn't honestly ignore perfectly good food being tossed away so carelessly, could you?
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Nym on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:21 pm

The Digimon saw no reason to suspect the cat of ill intentions, despite speaking to it like a normal person. He had no idea if it knew what he was saying or not, but he didn't care. He had no one else to talk to right now, and this smart feline was being nice, helping and leading him around the city! Did this cat live on the streets, or did it have an owner? Nym wondered both, but he stopped, sniffing the air and smelling something... familiar! Fruit! One of his most favorite foods! Aya had introduced him to the colorful and juicy food, and Nym had been hooked ever since.

The man was happily asking people if they were interested in his food, and though Nym would really like that, he had no money--or really knew what money was at the moment. "I wonder what 'money' is..." he said aloud to his feline companion, hinting he wanted some fruit. Mr. Cat, as if replying, hinted for Nym to stay there. At first, Nym tilted his head, not knowing what it meant at first... then he went off to the stall, and Nym watched confused. "Where are you going, Mr. Cat?" he asked before he just watched, staying behind.

Mr. Cat went and bothered the merchant's wares, causing the man to become angry and toss the food away. But... why? The fruit wasn't that bad, was it? Just because the cat touched it? Nym was more upset that the man was angry at Mr. Cat, and throwing away perfectly good fruit! How rude of him! The cat returned with one of the fruits, giving it to Nym in a kind manner. "You got that for me? But you almost got hurt! You shouldn't have put yourself in danger just because I was hungry..." Nym sat on the ground, taking the fruit and breaking it in half, allowing the cat to eat some if he wished. "That was nice of you, but you should be more careful!"

Nym ate the fruit happily, not worried and not caring what had happened--he didn't see it as stealing at all, really. He merely saw it as a stray trying to get food. What if Mr. Cat had a mate and kittens? Thinking of that, he recalled the squirrel he had killed in vengeance. Aya was disappointed, and Nym frowned as he recalled her face and voice. What if the squirrel had a family? It was wrong to kill it out of anger and vengeance. "You should be more careful, you could get killed. A lot of people don't really care about little animals... people didn't care when I killed that squirrel... I felt so bad."

He ate the rest of the fruit with a frown, but gave Mr. Cat a nice pat on the head and smiled a little. "Thanks for the food, I was hungry all day. You should stay at the inn when we get there--it's getting colder outside!"
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:26 am

Oh such a sweet, sweet child...

Naturally the cat would not partake of the fruit, as cats were more inclined for meats and prey. No, it gently nudged its half of the prize for Nym to devour. It was touching, really; about how Nym cared for the feline's well-being. To show its appreciation, the cat gracefully came over and started to purr. "Rrr, rrr, rrr..." It was pleased that Nym had not rejected the offering, the smile it wore on constant display for the dog-creature to notice. You see, Nym? No one had gotten hurt and no one was truly angry. Already the merchant was selling the rest of his wares with little difficulty, so what did a few pieces of stock matter? There was more than plenty to go around, after all... Was it not generous to share? Listening to Nym, the cat seemed to enjoy an invitation to live at the Inn. Even a stray such as itself could appreciate a warm roof to sleep under from the elements.

Once Nym was finished filling his stomach to some degree and eager to continue, the cat languidly stretched and raised its tail. The Inn was not too far from here and the feline will not let Nym wander. It looked over its shoulder expectantly, golden eyes twinkling in the moonlight.
    "Mrow."

Let us see what else the night can provide on this cold, autumn day of October.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Nym on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:02 am

"Well, Mr. Cat, we should get going before it gets too late! I don't want Aya to get too worried..." The idea of Aya chasing him down and worry for him--he didn't want to trouble her at all. Nym looked down at the cat and got up, dusting off his fur and rubbing off his gloves. "Are you sure you know the way, Mr. Cat? I don't want to get any more lost!" Nym smiled and took the cat's tail softly, ready to walk with him around the city.

It was crazy. Nym glanced all around the city, taking the views in. The lights shimmered, the people dressed strangely, the smells were still changing rapidly and the feeling of getting closer to the inn was uncertain. How much of this city did Nym traverse that day? He recalled many sights, sounds, smells... places... but once night fell over, it was like a new place. It was a little scary, honestly, Nym wasn't at all familiar with being out this late...

"Mr. Cat, it must be hard to live on the streets. I will make sure to talk to Aya, and explain first why I was out so late... then maybe you can be allowed to come in and out as you please. Aya has lots of nice food, and she doesn't seem to really eat much of it..." Nym blinked slowly as the thought came to mind, "uhm... well none of it, really... in fact, I'm the only one that eats the food...." Another slow blink and Nym wasn't even sure what to think. Was Aya sick...?

"Auuugh, too many questions! I'll just think about all of this later! We need to focus on getting home, Mr. Cat!"
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:27 am

Baby steps, short and sweet...
    The cat did not object as Nym insisted to go home, leaving the feline no choice. With the dog-creature currently grasping its tail, the cat headed off toward the Inn's direction and did not tarry. There were many sights to behold and scents to indulge; sweet meats, tantalizing fruits, freshly-baked desserts... Truly the night was filled with wonders that the day could not readily provide. A pity, however, that Nym could not spend more time to frolic in this euphoric paradise. Aya would be most disappointed...

It was indeed hard to live out on the streets, but there was much experience to be gained that could not be earned while living in a sheltered box. Nym will only grow at a disadvantage if he never ventured beyond his comfort zone. Life could not be, after all, taught.

Nevertheless, that can be approached at another time. The cat was true to its intentions and led Nym faithfully home, where the Inn's familiar structure stood out against the many buildings of Portal City. Here you were, precious child. Safe and sound and with nary a scratch. You had seen many fascinating things today, hadn't you? You had also learned a valuable lesson that could not be replicated within the confines of a room. There were many things a denizen of the night could teach you; like a cat, for example. "Mrow." Done walking for now, the cat sat upon its hindquarters and quietly yawned with whiskers flexing outward. It was tired and it was hungry, but there was nothing this cat could not utilize to its advantage. Now that the dog-creature was back at the Inn as promised, this particularly cunning feline proceeded to clean its face with a few licks of its paw.

It will wait. It will stay.
    It will observe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:36 am