Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Re: A Failed Return to Dreamland

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:21 pm

WAS there a way to make her new friend look even more cute than he already was in Xiao's eyes? Well Xiao Xiao just figured a way out. In her human form she was MUCH taller than the Dreamlander and the height only brought out Sir Knight's er... smaller one all the more. There she was staring down at the masked being, head tilted slightly and eyes so wide that you would have thought she was looking down on the most adorable little baby bunny in existent complete with sparkly backgrounds, bubbles and maybe even little cute piano tune playing in the background.

Oh wait, he said something. Focus Xiao! Gah! And he was masked so she can't even go back through her memories to attempt to read his lips either. She completely missed what he said. Hopefully it wasn't too important. What were they talking about before she went into d'aawing mode? Something that led to her poofing to human form...um... OHASPAROHHEAVENSYES!

Sir Knight suddenly took to the air and Xiao found herself turning her head and angling her body from side to side to get a better glimpse of the wings. This was amazing. One minute, it was cloth and the next, wings. She stuck her hands underneath her new friend and chattered a few squirrelish noises as she felt the gusts of winds from his wingbeats on her hands and the ends of her sleeves.

She stopped chattering and looked up at him in surprise. Impressive! Oh dear! That was... a very, very rare word to be used to describe her. Had Vaati said that word to her she would had probably swooned! Here though, she could only stare in open mouthed surprise and in the span of the minutes of meet him, Sir Knight had shot up to the ranks of Xiao's Newest Best Friend.

"IWOULDLOVENOBEHONOUREDTOSPARWITHYOU!" she gushed all at once. Oh dear. Oh my. Impressive and then he wanted to spar with her. Oh heavens. Oh....  waaaait, doesn't that mean he might have expectations. She wasn't too sure if she could meet them! She was a lowly squirrel yaojing and he was a skilled knight who was in charge of other knights!

Though... he WAS new here and she had more time to recover her powers. There was also the part of her who was rather desperate to try fighting as a squirrel again and tackling normal woodland animals just wasn't the same as elegant spar.

"I understand fully!" she replied. Yes, time and place! So that she had a tiny bit of time to squeeze in some practice before she had to meet these expectations. "I'm fine with anytime after four in the afternoon and my work is in the city so it's not far from the stadium. Or would you rather fight out here on a specified time instead?"
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 22

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:16 pm

Sir Meta Knight ignored Xiao Xiao's chattering for the time being and gave a more subtle flinch at her next outburst as she squeaked about how excited she was to spar with him.

"Yes, you said such a moment ago," he said, feeling a little amused this time. Even though he still wasn't fully certain of his choice of sparring partner, he was at least glad to have one in the first place. He needed to bring himself back to his original strength, and wasn't going to do that just by flying around the forest.

When she asked about where they would be sparring, he thought about it for a moment. She'd mentioned a stadium, which seemed a good place for sparring. Dreamland had fighting stadiums as well--both he and Kirby had fought in such places before on more "friendly" competitive terms. "A stadium seems like a good place to fight, and it would be easier for the both of us to get there, I believe," he said with a decisive nod. "So, we will spar in the stadium around... five in the afternoon, I will say, though the specific date is not too important to me. Is there a certain day that would work better for you?"
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:17 pm

"Yes,  did say so a moment ago. Apologies, I repeat things quite often and also babble a lot too. I hope you don't mind," she gushed in a rapid stream of words.

Five in the afternoon and in the stadium. She haven't sparred in so long. She must be incredibly rusty by now. Rather, the only form of training she could have had was chasing some field mice around the Heartlands and playing Hide and Seek honing her senses by hunting for Eyebats in the palace.

Xiao Xiao wondered if the stadium had changed any since she had last been there. Unlikely since the time gap between her previous visit and the one before that was just as long and there had been no noticeable change as far as she was aware. It was still had its training centre, the giant arena with seating and also a section called the Fight Club which hosts smaller and more private fights. She suppose they would be fighting there.

"Hmm, a date for the spar..."

She ran a nail lightly from side to side on her bottom lip as she tried to figure out which day would suit the most. Ideally, considering her lack of practice, she would like to squeeze in self training in before she had to embarrass herself in front of a knight. "How about this day next week?"
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 22

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Sir Meta Knight simply nodded at her apology and waited patiently as she thought about when they should have their sparring match. He thought about it himself--normally he could be quite busy back in Dreamland, but here, there was little he had to do at any specific time. That might change should he find himself in need of money, though he hoped he wouldn't find himself needing a job... Working in this strange world? No, that was not something he would want to do.

He was yanked out of his thoughts when Xiao Xiao finally arrived at a decision. "A week from today?" he repeated. It would certainly give him time to test his skills and see which ones he still retained, and test his strength to see how much he had, at least, so he wouldn't be in for a bad surprise during the match. "That sounds reasonable. I have nothing going on then."

Meta Knight paused for a moment, looking up at the sky. Judging by the angle of the sun, it looked to be around noon, and he was suddenly struck with a foolish mistake he'd made. In his haste to return to the forest, he'd forgotten to bring food of any sort... (He blamed this place for throwing him off--if he were simply exploring a forest back home, he could have counted on the abundance of apple trees.) Though he wasn't as hasty of an eater as Kirby, he was still the same species, and still had the same appetite.

"...Hmm," he said finally. "I am glad we have that date settled. I will certainly meet you then, and I look forward to our sparring match. For now, though, I think it is time for me to return to the city. Farewell, Xiao Xiao! I am glad to have met you."

With a few powerful wing-beats, he rose higher in the air, and flew off with a parting wave.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Xiao let out a puff of air, relieved that this day next week would work for Sir Knight. She would hate to disappoint even before they sparred. Had the day not been fine, she would had been happy (if a little nervous) to arrange an earlier date but her own last minute training would be limited. Thank goodness, he had nothing going on. She was sure he must be a very busy knight - running around doing knightly things, talking to knightly people and working knightly duties, She wasn’t very sure what kind of duties, people or things but she was very sure they must be very, very knightly.

Oh and saving damsels in distress. Poor Sir Knight, Portal Breach don’t have many of those outside of the events of the seasons. He must be so confused to come from a world abundant with prettiful princesses begging to be rescued and now he’s stuck in a world with barely any princesses…..actually do they even have any? She wasn’t very sure.

Awwww. he had to leave. So no saving princesses anymore?

“Farewell!” So formal. So… KNIGHTLY! “Me too! I’ll meet you then!”

She waved until he was completely out of sight then she flopped back onto the forest floor, landing in the form of a squirrel.

Deep breath….

“HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I MET A KNIGHT!” And cue tail hug and fangirlish rolling on the ground.

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:15 am