Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Re: A Failed Return to Dreamland

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:29 pm

She seemed a little upset at him now, but Sir Meta Knight didn't find himself particularly caring at this exact moment. If she was going to insist on telling him that his world was no longer there, he didn't want to deal with this. He'd come here to find a way back to his world, not be told, again, that his world was gone--snuffed out like a pitiful candle. His planet was not one that could be destroyed so easily--it was not a tiny flame, but a wildfire. At least, that was the potential it held, if wielded correctly... and he needed to return to his planet and continue with his plans, to make sure it got to that point.

"What does it matter if a few beings have seen their home world destroyed?" he asked in response to her first statement. "Surely some worlds get destroyed. With the number of them out there, it is inevitable. But it does not mean that every world is destroyed. Popstar was not on the verge of destruction when I was taken from it."

He considered her next words, pulling his cape around his form a bit more tightly. "Perhaps a portal back to the other worlds has simply not been discovered as of yet." Glancing off to the side, his brow furrowed in thought, though this was not so noticeable with his mask hiding most of his face. "Or, alternatively, portals leading back to one's home world have been discovered, and simply not reported, for the beings returning to their worlds simply never came back. Surely people have disappeared from this place?" Given how suddenly he had been whisked from his own world, he wouldn't find it so strange for people to just as suddenly be taken back to their own world. And after being returned to their proper place, why should they ever want to come back here? It seemed to make sense.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Xiao's ears flattened further, her tail curled even tighter around her feet and she blinked at the round creature. Did he really just say what she thought he said?

"What did it matter if people saw their world get destroyed?!" she gasped, not believing what she was hearing. For such a cute little being, that was a bit of a jerkish thing to say! People seeing their homes collapsing in front of their eyes and the conflicted feeling of being glad to had been saved but also upset that everything and people they knew were now gone. WHAT DID IT MATTER?! How heartless!

The squirrel fumed a little, then started to pace left and right as she tried to think up a comeback. Thinking wasn't her speciality! It was the reason she was perfectly content being a minion or employee instead of taking up a role which required a brain enough to plan ahead. But now she was stuck in the woods with nobody else to do the answering for this strange masked knight and what else was she to do but attempt to think?

She could probably just flick her nose and tail up, turn around, leave haughtily and leave the foolish newcomer to chase after non-existent portals home. Yet...his words had struck an emotional nerve in just the right amount for her to not want to extract herself from the argument.

"There are no portals back," she finally said, stopping back in front of Sir Knight. "In all the places I had been here, I haven't seen a single portal back to anywhere. The forest, the mountains, the skies, the city, the sea and the wastelands. I've flown over them all and I haven't seen a portal open to let people back before."

In fact, the only place she haven't checked yet were anything underground, the icelands up north and anywhere further out at sea. The first she was reluctant to do since the last time she went in a cave (that she remembered), she emerged from it bruised and battered from stumbling into a stone golem's lair; the second, was far too cold even with a thick coat of fur and the last wasn't feasible with her stamina even with a favourable wind behind her. She wasn't prepared to venture that far away from land when she didn't know what was out there.

"They only open long enough to throw people into this world," she added, thinking back to earlier on in the year when she didn't see a portal opening persay but she did see a flash of blue before she spotted a newcomer standing bewildered in the streets of Portal City. "And even then, you can predict where they will open up."

She curled her tail around herself once more, running out of steam after so many words. "People had disappeared but as far as we all know, they wanted to leave and their departure brought them to another world that is owned by a sibling of this world's deity. It could all be lies but you'll have no way of knowing unless you go through that portal and from what I gathered, the other deities are not a nice as this one."

Puffing lightly then heaving a sigh, she looked Sir Knight right in the eyes and firmly finished. "I'm sorry for being the bearer of bad news but unless you want to go to a world less kind, you're stuck here."
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 22

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:02 pm

"What did it matter if people saw their world get destroyed?!"

Sir Meta Knight had not counted on that outburst, and was, admittedly, confused. Surely she would understand that just because some worlds get destroyed does not mean that all worlds do. But he watched her as she fumed and marched around angrily, and apparently ignored the other things he'd said.

It took him a moment to realize that what he'd said could be taken completely wrong--she must have thought him callous. Well... yes, it must be terrible for those who had lost their worlds--that was certainly true. He was not saying that it wasn't terrible. Though he wouldn't admit that he could have, perhaps, misspoken--or that he could be wrong in any of this. She had been the one to mishear, and she was surely in the wrong with this whole portal business.

"You misunderstand," he said, taking a softer, but still serious, tone. "Truly it would be horrible to lose one's world. It is not something I would wish on anyone. But what I was saying was the fact that their worlds were destroyed does not mean that all worlds were destroyed."

He listened as Xiao Xiao went on again, talking about the portals that throw people here and the ones that lead to other worlds--so she hadn't ignored him. When she finished, he cocked his head very slightly. "I will not give up hope so easily. I am sure every inch of this world has not been fully explored--there may be ways still to return to our former worlds. And you have mentioned other portals that lead to worlds ruled by other deities--perhaps, through those worlds, there may be links to the worlds we have been torn from."

Meta Knight paused here, considering his next words carefully. There was nothing more he wanted than to return to his own world, to protect it from the next evil that was surely around the corner, but... certainly he was not the only one wanting to return to his home world. Perhaps this squirrel did, too, as did many others. And if he could somehow find ways for those others to return to their worlds as he searched for a way back to his own, why should he not? Would that not be the noble thing to do? "...I will continue searching for a way back to my world. And if my search yields any fruit, it will likely give clues as to how to help others return to their worlds. Should I find some of these clues, I could tell you, if you wished. Would you not want to return to those you have left behind, where you once lived?"
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:08 pm

She misunderstood?! Xiao wanted to screech at him incredulously, in fact her mouth was opened and poised to snap back but her mind did a very quick rewind. She noted the slight alteration to his tone... This realisation made her blink in confusion and threw her completely off her train of thought. After some frowning which changed to glaring which changed to confused glaring then in just as swift a time, back to a baffled head tilt, the squirrel flumped backwards onto her bottom and settled to curling her tail around for a furry hug.

She wasn't sure what to think or make of this. It would had been easier if he had not softened his tone and just been angry right back. With the person opposite being so collected, Xiao Xiao was firmly reminded of her own immaturity. Whilst the squirrel was very aware of her own intelligence (or lack thereof) and her own emotional personality (of much thereof), such blatant reminders weren't exactly all too welcome. Can't she just be the clever, wise and knowledgeable one for once?

BUT he was a knight who are noble, handsome, gallant, princess-rescuing, fabulous and fantastic so in hindsight, she suppose she would had been greatly disappointed if he reacted hotly to her own outbursts.

So Xiao puffed at the fur on the ends of her tail as she sulked like a child trying not to show that the other person was right but knowing full well they were. "I'm sorry, I don't always fly off in a tangent like that," she apologised though it still sounded rather grumpy.

"Yes, I would love to go back..." she mumbled as the images of her own family and forest came to mind and she hugged her tail tighter. What she would give to see them again, run alongside them again and curl up by their side as she drifted off to sleep again. She loved them dearly but she never knew how dearly until they were taken away from her. Maybe that is why she clung to Lord Vaati so desperately; she just wanted somebody to be dear to her in THIS world.

"But I've also made a life here as well. I can't just go back. It would hurt just as much," said the yaojing, her tone finally losing the angry edge. Xiao Xiao looked at the masked puffball up and down again. He was new here so he didn't have that much time to establish connections, build a life, family and friends. If he did find his way back, it wouldn't be as painful as for the people who had been here longer as his ties are still predominantly to his own world. "Do you have a family back home waiting for you?"

....Oh heavens, was it a princess?!

And thus the very last bits of upset were gone and her eyes widened with girlish hope again.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Sir Meta Knight watched the squirrel's reaction carefully, not speaking up yet until she spoke. At first he wondered if she might be angry again, but he was relieved to find that was not the case, for she eventually went from being angry to confused, and sat down and curled her tail around herself.

"That is all right," he said in response to her apology. "It happens at times." He knew there was certainly times when he had lost his temper, though these times were few and far between.

He watched as she seemed to reflect on those she had left behind, and felt some sympathy for her. Most people must have at least someone dear to them that they had left behind in their home world. However, he was a little surprised when she explained that she could not go back.

"Cannot go back..." Meta Knight murmured to himself, glancing away. Xiao Xiao must have been here for a while, given how much she knew about this world and how much she'd claimed to have explored it. While Meta Knight could do fine by himself for a while, he knew this was not the same for others. Of course there would be those who would want to make friends with others to avoid driving themselves mad with loneliness, and the friendships they developed would become close. It made sense, but it was not pleasant to think about--having to choose between two worlds, two sets of friends... He suppressed a shudder.

"I understand," he said finally, looking up at Xiao Xiao and nodding. "It would certainly be a difficult decision to make."

At her question, he smiled faintly. "You could say that. I have my knights beneath me as well as others... You could say they are my family."

Meta Knight went quiet for a moment when he realized what he'd said. He'd never outright admitted anything like that before, but... it was true. His knights were the closest thing to a family he had, and he truly cared for them, as much as a father would care for his children, or a brother would care for his siblings.

"They are brave knights," he continued, a little quietly, "and very loyal. They have remained by my side through success and hardship. They would surely be waiting for me back home."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:10 pm

She nodded - oh how she nodded. Sir Knight understood! Yes, it's a very, very painful decision to make and being one who would rather avoid pain and important decision making, Xiao would avoid the heaven and hell out of it as much and as long as she could. If only there was a way to have the two worlds together then it would solve so much of her head and heart ache. The down side to such a plan was of course that in the event that the two worlds were connected, they would just ruin one another. The demons from her world happily rampaging through Portal Breach and this world's much more advanced technology devastating her world.

Xiao Xiao shook her head, ridding her mind of such depressive thoughts and latched onto a new one. This new being didn't have a family? He said he had knights but surely when asked about a family, the first thing to think of was the blood-related ones (or at least that was what Xiao would think of). Maybe he had a family but the knights were a better family to mention? Oh poor little masked ball being!

So many knights though.... Sir Knight's world must either have lots of damsels in distress to match the number of knights or one very well protected girl who must be this knight's sweetheart. Ah, Xiao could imagine her now. She must be roughly the same size as Sir Knight, cute, pink and with pretty blue eyes.

"That sounds like you're very high ranked! Do you have a whole army of knights then? And a massive kingdom to protect? How many monsters had you fought off so far?"

Oh gods above! A kingdom of cute round creatures! That should be illegal! Do they sing and whistle as they work? Actually she can't imagine Sir Knight singing...
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Sir Meta Knight was relieved to find that he and the squirrel seemed to be understanding each other's situations much better... of course, that didn't stop her from giving an onslaught of questions. But they were not inappropriate or uncalled for, so the knight gave a slow nod before answering.

"Yes, I was indeed high ranked in my country; I was once the king's highest-ranked knight." Of course, he left out the details about the Project Halberd and his abandoning the king in order to take over Dreamland--Xiao Xiao didn't need to hear about that. "And yes, I do have an army of knights. Four of them are directly underneath me in rank, each specializing in a different weapon: axes, tridents, maces, and lances. They are quite formidable." Not as formidable as he was, of course, but very strong all the same.

He considered her next two questions: he hadn't considered just how big Dreamland was compared to the rest of Popstar, or how many villains he had fought off, exactly. "My country is Dreamland, which is possibly the most notable country on my home planet, and it is fairly large. Though I oftentimes find myself fighting to defend the entire planet rather than just one country." For a moment he paused, trying to mentally tally the monsters he'd fought. He'd helped in the battle against Nightmare to an extent, though he hadn't directly fought him. There was Kirby himself, whom he'd fought against many times--and while the puffball was not truly a monster, some of his actions were rather deplorable, such as releasing monsters and destroying perfectly good warships. There was Dark Mind, Drawcia, Galacta Knight, Dark Nebula, Yin Yarn, Magolor...

"Hmmm," he said at last, "I have fought many great monsters in my lifetime, and while I cannot give you the exact number, I can safely say I have fought to protect my world from over half a dozen creatures of great evil. And that is not counting the somewhat lesser monsters."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:56 pm

The king's highest rank. And a saviour of his world several times over! Oh my, she had probably done a very disrespectful thing in tackle-hugging him earlier... but she didn't know! How was she to know that this adorably round winged creature was a knight and one powerful enough to fight world-ending monsters? Either way, the damage was done and she wasn't going to dwell on it. Instead she was thankful that though he fought monsters, he had yet to harm her for being a squirrel demon. Maybe he only fight them if they were of great evil and last she checked she was very, very far from great evil. No wait, he said not counting lesser monsters so he DID fight smaller evil beings too! Oh but she wasn't er... that evil.

In fact, apart from the love for dining on souls and being a tad bit selfish (well, maybe a bit more than a tad) she wouldn't imagine she was too much in the evil creature. Yes, not very evil....right? Um... She'll just happily stare in widen-eyed awe at this small knight as he spoke of his army, country and deeds.

"Dreamland," repeated the squirrel. Oh that sounds positively lovely! "If the four under you specialise in a weapon each then does that mean that since you're above them, you specialise in all the weapons? Or do you only use the pretty sword you have? It is a sword, right? Even though it has prongy parts."

Axe, tridents (that's the forky things, right?), maces and lances. She had never been in a fight with nor against any of those weapons but she'd seen pictures of them and could imagine how difficult they are to use. They were certainly not something her 'anything goes' own style of fighting could use. Oh no, these kind of weapons need strength to use, or at least a certain amount of knowledge of the weapon so as not to be hurt at the pointy ends.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:21 pm

Sir Meta Knight smiled softly beneath his mask at hearing the name of his country, though it made him long for it once again. Dreamland, that beautiful country--albeit one populated by some of the laziest people on the planet. He sighed softly, for none of that would change as long as he was stuck here.

When Xiao Xiao asked him about his knight's weapons, he shook his head. "No, I only use my sword," he replied. "While I helped train my knights, they had to learn the specifics of their weapons on their own. Besides, I would prefer to become as skilled as possible with one weapon, rather than merely being somewhat skilled with many weapons."

Speaking of skill... He released his grip on his cape, letting it hang from his back, and looked down at his side where his sword was sheathed. Slowly he unsheathed the weapon, though not in a threatening way; instead, he held it out for the squirrel to see. "Galaxia is my sword," he said, a bit more quietly. "I have trained with it for years upon years... but it seems this world has taken my strength from me." Unlike the time he'd attempted to use his weapon when he'd first appeared in this world, his arm did not shake under the weapon's weight, but it still took more concentration than he would prefer.

Meta Knight closed his eyes for a moment, thinking, then opened them again, looking at Galaxia's shining blade. "I understand it will take me quite some time to ever find my home again. As I search, I would like to train to bring myself back to my original strength. I cannot defend any world, let alone my own, without that."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:47 pm

"But you can be very skilled in one weapon and somewhat skilled in the rest, can you not?" noted the squirrel aloud before she could stop herself. Or perhaps... "If you don't mind this little squirrel asking, how old are you, Sir Knight?"

Maybe he didn't have that many years in his life so far to become skilled enough to start mastering other weapons yet. Heavens, she herself was over two hundred years old and even she could claim she's skilled in only one weapon....though she was a rather lazy learner and chose to spend her time carefree and playing instead of training.

He did gave off an aura that he wasn't very young though. Rather, it was the opposite, this little round and very cute knight holds himself with all the pride and experience on his shoulders. He was a knight after all so  he had all the right to carry himself in such confidence. She'd imagine it wouldn't look very knightly to run around looking the opposite. How could damsels in distress trust you to rescue them if you don't look like you could take down a massive enemy or two?

OH! A sword for her to see! Yay!

"Yes, travelling through the portal into this world weakens your body so you're not as strong as you were back in your own world," she said as she leant forward and sniff the blade curiously. What a funny looking sword it was. Xiao lifted a paw and lightly touched the flat side of the blade, at first as if touching it would zap her then when it didn't, she poked it. It was shiny though! And she'd imagine it must hurt a lot to have something like this stabbed at you or worse, be twisted if it was already inside you. Oh yuck, that must hurt a lot! Sir Knight didn't look like a person who would do the twisty thing though.

"I was a little lucky in that I wasn't very strong to begin with so there wasn't that much of a difference but even still, I couldn't access much of my magic which was rather frustrating." She wrinkled her nose. There was nothing more annoying than not being able to summon a simple spool of thread and needle when you're dying to tear in your skirt when back in your own world, you could summon an entire embroidery basket, fabric and even a little pretty stool to sit on without even batting an eyelash.

"Your strength and powers will return over time though but yes, they do return faster if you train." She withdrew her paw from the sword and tilted her head. "How do you train?"

Maybe if it's something easy like sparring, she could help out. But if it's something complex, she wasn't very sure how much help she could be...
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:04 pm

"That is possible," Sir Meta Knight replied, tilting his body very slightly, "but not practical. It would not be much use to have only a little skill in some weapons while being very skilled in one." Unless, maybe, one was prone to lose one's weapon and needed to use whichever ones were lying around, but he was not going to lose Galaxia. At the question of his age, however... He felt slightly uneasy as a feeling of embarrassment briefly came over him; he did not know his own age anymore. "My exact age... is not important," he said slowly, "but I began training in swordplay when I was very young, and have continued to train throughout my long life. Yet I am still not the strongest." No, that title belonged to Kirby... who was much, much younger than he.

It was an infuriating thought, really, that this young puffball, who spent most of the day sleeping and eating rather than actually training, was somehow stronger than he.

Xiao Xiao's statement brought him out of his thoughts, and he nodded slowly. "Yes, I have heard such." However, he blinked when she mentioned her magical powers. "Magic... I know a bit of magic myself, but I have likely lost it as well." He hoped, at least, he could still perform a sword beam. "As for training, I will spar and seek monsters to fight."

Which reminded him...

He looked away for a moment, considering the wording of what he was about to say, before looking back at the squirrel again. "Xiao Xiao... I have a request of you. Would you be willing, at some point, to spar with me?"
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Oh but age is sooooo important! If you're not old enough to possibly have x amount of years under your belt to train then you're not old enough. Aah, but then again, it was always considered rude to ask a lady her age (and her weight, and her sizes) so Xiao nodded understandingly....even though the puffball was obviously not a lady...

"That is how it always is, isn't it? You spend so much time training and in the end, there is always somebody who is better." She nodded again, trying to appear sagely. It was one of the reason why she herself never strives to the best in anything. Coming from a family with many, many siblings, try as she might, there was always and a sister or brother who was more skilful at something than herself. To this squirrel being second best was already a miracle of itself but honestly, she would be delighted to settle for something like fifth best as anything higher and she would be forever concious of whatever expectations people might start having of her.

She gasped. He knew MAGIC? Her eyes widened and she shuffled closer excitedly. "Magic as in what kind of magic? Like the sparkly and poofy kind or the 'pick a card, any card' kind?"

The few steps forward had brought her to the edge of what most people would deem personal space and on the knight's next request, her eyes widened further and she stepped forward even more so that it forced the other being to either take a step back or have a squirrel right in his personal bubble.

"I WOULD LOVE TO SPAR WITH YOU!" she squealed. Loudly. Eager little paws reached out, grabbed and latched onto his cape as she all but clung onto her new found friend. Oh heavens. She had never sparred as with somebody this height before! No wait, she had but that was back in her world where there was a plethora of siblings to fight with. In THIS world though, Sir Meta Knight would be the first! What was she to do? Oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear. She'll have to be sure to squeeze some practice in before the spar happen. She haven't fought as a squirrel for sooooooooo long.

....Um... she was fighting against him as a squirrel, right? Better ask to be sure?

"AMIFIGHTINGYOUASASQUIRRELORDOYOUWANTMEHUMANSIZED?" she asked all at once, quite forgetting to breath and put enough pause in between syllables to turn them into individual words. Breathe, Xiao, breathe!
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:19 pm

Xiao Xiao would probably never know just how infuriating it was, at least for Sir Meta Knight, to still not be the strongest, after all his training... Though he got the feeling that her words were not empty--that she did have that sort of experience--and he nodded at her in sympathy.

"No, nothing like that," he replied when she asked him about his magic. Honestly, the amount of magic he could use was minimal compared to some other beings in Dreamland. "I could teleport very short distances and heal some injuries. Though I feel I may have lost those abilities." Perhaps he could regain them at some point with more training.

When he had asked his question about sparring, he watched the squirrel carefully, noting that she was drawing uncomfortably close. He took a step back, and was starting to question his own request when the squirrel suddenly reached out and grabbed him, squealing excitedly.

Meta Knight flinched visibly, and carefully tried to push himself away from Xiao Xiao's grasp.

But he listened, or tried to listen, as she quickly asked him her next question. It took him a few seconds to figure out exactly what she had said, but even when he did, he blinked in surprise. "I am sorry... human-sized?" he repeated.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:50 pm

With part of her mind still on the magic, poof an card tricks, Xiao Xiao now wanted to take this adorable gallant being to the amusement park. She was sure the knight would fit into the image most adorably magnificently with all the animal mascots, pretend princesses, balloons, bright colours, cotton candy and fancy lights.

"Nothing like that?" So no picking cards, no poof and no sparkles? And she was looking forward for all those too. Instead, Sir Knight could do something MUCH better! Her eyes widened. "Teleport?!"

Xiao Xiao must be in front of a very, very skilled magic user! Even she, with over two hundred years to learn (keywords: TO learn) couldn't master the art of teleporting. She had enough difficulty transporting a wardrobe and that's not even alive! To transport not only a live thing but yourself. Sir Knight must have a lot of confidence in his skills to be able to make that jump. She wouldn't even dare without at least drawing who knew how many runes first. She might end up in at the destination one arm in the wrong place or even worse, missing.

"And healing too!" she gasped.

Skilful indeed. Being a healer herself, she knew you must have a good understanding of the body in order to heal it and fantastic control over their own power to have the delicacy to mend a wound. Oh dear, oh dear, this little squirrel was in front of not just any normal knight (well, she knew that already) but a skilled and knowledgeable one. How can a being so small be so much more well learned than she was. Honestly it made her feel beyond mediocre beside him.

Then suddenly, Sir Knight was blinking at her. Wait, did she confuse him? Oh do! Did she unintelligence baffle him? No, no! She promise it wasn't contagious! Was unintelligence even a word?  Wait, wait, backtrack. What did she just say? She couldn't even remember right now. OH! How kind of Sir Knight to remind her.

"Yes, human-size!" she chirruped happily. Waaaaait, MORE backtrack. Yes, yes, did she tell him she was a magic squirrel? "I'm a yaojing." Well, if she didn't she just said it again. "If they managed to live for a very long time through whatever means, animals in my world gain magical powers. One of the powers is the ability to transform into a human-esque form."

It's easier to lure humans into traps when you're their fellow kin but she wasn't going to mention that. Plus, she never lured any humans into any traps (though one or two...well, maybe three, four or five had). Why hurt your head trying to think up traps when you had a forest to scamper through and piles of leaves to roll in?

"Here, let me show you."

Xiao Xiao took a few steps back, stood up on her hind legs, dusted her fur off then shimmer and the blink of an eye, was standing there in the unimpressive five foot something human-sized self complete with tail, squirrely eyes, nose and mouth. "Ta da..." she said, waving her hands awkwardly.
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

Post by Sir Meta Knight on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Sir Meta Knight gave a half-smile at Xiao Xiao's enthusiasm over his magic powers. Truly, though, the ability to teleport a few feet was not by any means a special one, and self-healing wasn't too uncommon. He didn't like to rely too much on his magic, though--he preferred swordplay.

...Aside from the occasional mach tornado. But that skill was probably gone, too.

He was surprised, though, to find her confirm what she had said before--that she could, somehow, become human-sized. Slowly he nodded at her explanation of what it meant to be a yaojing. He remembered she had mentioned the term before, but hadn't known what she'd meant. But now that he did...

Suddenly the squirrel turned into a much more humanoid, and, more importantly, much taller creature, and Meta Knight tensed. "I... see," he said, immediately feeling uncomfortable, though trying to hide it. Five feet may have been unimpressive in terms of human height, but it was monstrous to a Dreamlander. With a quick movement he brushed his cape behind him and morphed it into a pair of wings, quickly flying up into the air until he was flying in place slightly higher than Xiao Xiao's head. Feeling a bit more comfortable this way, he looked her over.

To be honest, he preferred her smaller form. It almost looked like she could be more dangerous in this form--not because she appeared more vicious or stronger, but simply because she was larger. But immediately Meta Knight chided himself for thinking such a thing--Kirby was smaller than he, yet much stronger. Size meant nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"Very impressive," he said at last. "I could spar with you whether you take this form or your smaller one. It is your choice... though I do believe we would have to arrange a time and place to spar, rather than simply fight out here in the middle of the forest."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:23 am