Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

So How About That Orgy?

Post by Kev on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:32 am

Time: 2:40 AM
    Date: 10/2/2013

When Kev first walked into the Sanctuary, he had no idea what would happen. It was the Sanctuary, you never know what happens in there, but surely it can't be too terrible! Its just the Sanctuary, a nice place to unwind and talk to your buddies, have a fun time!

HE WAS WRONG.

After a little bout of joking and kidding, a Portal X had appeared and gradually, Kev, Zurg, Prixlezub, Aya, and Nym had all become one, thrashing, writhing mass of bodies. All of them had had their own reactions to it, ranging from Prixlezub's casual to Zurg's terror, but Kev had unintentionally gotten a little too...freaked out. Enough that Zurg seemed to be worried for him. Kev glanced at the taller alien beside him, blue digimon still sleeping on top of his head, and glanced away quickly. That was definitely some emotional constipation, and he felt pretty...vulnerable. Granted, he felt vulnerable a lot due to his physique, but this was a bit different. It was an emotional type of vulnerability, and he knew why.

"I'm sorry I got uh...carried away. With the merging joke." He said offhand, clasping his hands behind his back. "I didn't realize Portal X was going to show up and decide to...well, that." At least he'd be staying the night over at Zurg's tonight. Then he could block out the whole assimilation and pretend it never happened.

Last edited by Kev on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: So How About That Orgy?

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:46 am

That was surely some orgy back there...

Zurg, for the most part, had calmed down since the initial merging. In his mind, none of it was truly real already; Portal-X was just being a troll, as per usual. While the shock had been overwhelming at first and the monarch did not approve of his sacred personal space suddenly being invaded, he could at least tell himself, mentally, that there wasn't any harm behind Portal-X's actions and that whatever happened would never be permanent. It was just a cruel prank pulled by Portal-X and nothing else.

...Or was it? Kev seemed disturbed - more so than usual. It was just enough to antagonize Zurg's rising concerns and the monarch had opted that they, both he and Kev with Nym resting on the monarch's head, walk back to the Inn together. It was the least Zurg could do when making sure that his friend and pseudo-baby Nym were all right. "Ah, do not worry yourself," rumbled the monarch, his veil back to covering everything save for the eyes. "Life can never be predicted and that goes triple for our resident trickster deity." Admittedly, Zurg had not been overly fond of the entire merging joke; he was still sore, internally so, about certain aspects of his biological... well, shortcomings. Calling them insecurities would be apt. But, if he were also to be truthful, then the monarch would have to decide that being divorced from Aya was a far sorer topic. He didn't really appreciate that word...

"Portal-X will do what Portal-X will do," he continued, stopping at a four-way intersection. There was a crosswalk and the monarch reached over to press the pedestrian's button. "It will not achieve a single thing if we continue to ponder the madman's methods, so let's turn our thoughts to better and brighter things." Did Kev have a few of those?

Relinquishing the floor to his friend, Zurg glanced down at the somber alien and gently nudged him. "How about it, Kev? Anything wonderful happen during your day, previously?"

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:59 am

It was good to hear that Zurg didn't hold any blame over what happened to him, at least not seriously. He chuckled a bit and leaned towards the alien. "Oddly enough, him doing that kind of thing felt a lot like the old days. I mean, he never did anything like that before but...yeah. I hadn't even seen him in a long time, before that." Obviously Portal X hadn't left, he doubted they'd be alive if he left, but he had definitely been quiet up there in his house.

They stopped at the intersection and Kev stopped walking obediently. He focused his eyes upon the black box across the street, urging it to change. Go away hand, appear little walking body! The nudge drew his attention instead and he looked up at his companion. "Hm?" His day wasn't a very wordy or exciting one. "Well, I woke up, fed the critters. Checked up on all of them, played with them for a bit, then went to work. Covered my shift with Jana, it was pretty usual, then I came into the Sanctuary, and you know the rest from there!" A night no one could have predicted. "I guess it was pretty wonderful in that Llama was a good boy."

He nudged Zurg back with all his might. "Hngh! What about you? How was your day?~" Perhaps Zurg's day had been thrilling and adventurous! Or filled with shenanigans! Or as exciting as his own.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:16 am

"Ehgnnghg... The old days..." Zurg had to shiver, as he did recall some very questionable things Portal-X had done years ago. Who could forget about the time Portal-X spawned talking miniature heads that said "Clarice" ? Or how about the time Portal-X summoned that insufferable X-Bear and exploded Jo's fake parents? The monarch particularly made a face at that last recollection. "I am certainly glad that Portal-X is still alive and kicking, but I do hope that he shows a more productive attendance around the Breach. Although I've weathered my fair share of sadism here and there, I don't think I can stomach being merged routinely." Oh the horror!

And it sounded as if Kev's day was fairly routine, itself.

The monarch saw no displeasure in a boring day - a day he would argue being safe. As it just so happened, Zurg always did prefer an orderly schedule instead of a hectic pile of amassing anxiety. "It is good to hear that you are keeping yourself busy, Kev. That is important, I reckon - keeping busy and not letting your mind idle. Gives you a sense of meaning in an otherwise aimless world. How is Jana doing? I haven't seen her in a while." Ever since Swindle and Overcast left, the monarch hadn't seen either Jana or Livewire running around... Were they okay? Did they still reject outside help? Zurg's thoughts had been disrupted when Kev - sweet, innocent Kev - thought to muscle his larger company around. The monarch, ever solid, barely budged an inch and he looked down at Kev with a small glimpse of amusement. It was more evident in the taller alien's tone. "Oh, I can't say that my day was anymore spectacular than yours," Zurg admitted. "I prepared Jo's breakfast, made her lunch, cleaned the house, slept with the cats, and went to work. The only unusual thing was that I did not head home for dinner, like I normally do. Sometimes it's nice to have a little alone time or to let Jo enjoy a bit of solitude."

A loud chirping caught Zurg's focus then, as a red hand across from them winked into a white symbol of a walking man. Time to go! The monarch looked both ways and crossed, gait brisk. "Aside from what happened in the Sanctuary, nothing new to report! Oh... I should have asked this earlier, but do you know where Nym or Aya lives? I can't seem to recall ever knowing their room number..."

Perhaps they could just sniff out from the scent of death if neither of them knew? It was a good question to consider: whether or not Aya bathed.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:33 am

The old days~! Beautiful, weren't they? Exploding kamikaze bomb children, exploding parents, lots of exploding! Portal X seemed to really like those...Kev nodded in agreement, though he also cocked his head questioningly. "What sorts of productive things? I have a feeling he may not see 'productivity' the same way we would..." Seeing how a normal reaction to two friends embracing was to make them one entire being. Not to mention those buttfaces! "I actually think if we were merged routinely I'd react better to it. Like a normal, everyday occurrence!" Wake up, get merged with Zurg, wait it out then become unmerged. Maybe they could play card games while they wait.

"Yeah, I don't mind doing things around the cottage. Taking care of the animals, tending to my little plants, sewing little odds and ends. Gotta get an early start on Christmas!" Now if only he could remember the fifth finger when making gloves. "Jana's doing better..." His tone dropped a bit despite the happy news, remembering how sad she was to learn that Blade had died. Maybe he shouldn't have told her. Of course, not knowing wouldn't have given her any peace either, and she was a good friend of Blade's as well. She deserved to know. "She's taking it one day at a time, has a place at the Inn now with Livewire. They're doing much better than they were a few months ago." That much was something to be thankful for, and he hoped they'd continue to be alright.

Of course Kev's nudge did little to topple the alien, rolling his eyes slightly at that. He should bulk up or something! Zurg's day was a day of housely duties and job. "Aah, you didn't head home for dinner? That explains your...appetite." He gestured at his own, currently shirtless form, where a smear or two of his black fluid still lingered. Hungry Zurg, ravenous for Kev jelly to put on some toast. He turned and hopped into step behind Zurg, walking across the street and throwing an anxious glance at the cars in case they might get impatient. "Where they live? Aaah....as far as I know, just the Inn. I don't really know...which floor." Well, what were they to do? Knock on every door and ask 'do you know this digimon?'. His gaze fell upon the little creature in question, and he noticed, on one dangling paw, some writing upon his boxing glove! His left paw/boxing glove that is!

"There's something on Nym's left paw! It looks kinda like numbers." He squinted to get a better look at the swinging paw. "4...16?"

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:52 am

Beautiful... Riiiiiight. More like a pain in Zurg's a - "What sort of productive things?" Hmm, Kev had a point. Portals could be sick creatures whenever they wanted to be, and the monarch didn't doubt that they'd throw a different spin on what they considered productive. "I am not sure, actually... Maybe help out with the community more? Or, perhaps, just showing people that he cares?" None of these were too hard to accomplish, were they? Was the monarch asking for too much? Maybe, maybe... Zurg glanced down at Kev, dubious, when he heard that the smaller fellow wouldn't mind merging on a regular basis.

Not sure if fetish, insecurity, or...

"No offense to you, but as much as I enjoy your company... I think merging our bodies as one is a tad too close for my personal comfort. As they say: it's not you, it's me." Zurg didn't mind hugging or cuddling with Kev, but anything more intimate? He wanted to reserve that for Jo, as was proper. Joking was all fine and dandy; just nothing... beyond that, if that made sense. Still, was it the monarch's imagination or did Kev come off as a smidgen... clingy? Nervous? Afraid? What? "Hmm..." Alas, there wasn't an opening to breach the subject and Zurg listened patiently on. "Ooh, you sew~! It's such a relaxing hobby, isn't it? And you're right, the Holiday is just around the corner. I better get prepared early, myself!" It did the monarch's heart some good to partake in some innocent chit-chat, and it also did his spirit wonders to know that Jana and Livewire were doing the best they could. Given their situation, he was personally relieved that neither had taken the easy way out and thrown in the towel. "They're both strong girls, I don't doubt that. Life just hit them hard, that's all. So long as they stay together and help each other through this, I am certain that they will persevere." At least he hoped...

Now, regarding the monarch's voracious appetite for some Kev jelly? Zurg felt warm in the face as he noticed his friend's bare chest, knowing very well that he blushed. "Er... Sorry about that, Kev. I-If me doing..." Needlessly to say, the monarch let his sentence drop and he tried his best to explain with harmless gesturing. "Well, you know," he finally found the courage to continue. "Then please tell me if it bothers you. I know I can act rather... crass." The Sanctuary just had this way about bringing out the worst in Zurg, at times.

It also seemed, as fate will have it, that Kev didn't know where Aya's room was, either. Shucks... But wait! "Something on Nym's paw?" Zurg couldn't see it from this angle but maybe Kev could? The taller alien paused in his walk and slightly bent at the knees, allowing Kev to get a better look due to their height difference. It worked. "Room 416? Splendid! We shall head there, then."

Beats smelling around for Aya's corpse body~!

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:21 am

Help out with the community? That sounded promising. Show that he cares...that he was a bit more cautious about. "I like the idea of him helping the community out, but showing that he cares...I'd sure like to know that he cares about us and stuff but uh...he does that in worrying ways sometimes." Worrying, destructive ways. "Though I don't doubt that he does care about us of course! It could be worse. He's just...different." Different was one thing to describe it.

He looked up at Zurg and blinked. Did Zurg just break up with him? "Well not like that! I just mean if X were to do that to us all the time, I think I could get used to it. But that's fine Zurg, I'll find someone else to merge with! Like maybe Jo!" He jested, of course! "Besides, I didn't really like feeling your organs and stuff..." He nodded. "Maybe one day you can give me some pointers!" Zurg knitted after all, and sewing and knitting were close enough in Kev's book.

"Yeah, they'll be fine...with time. And they've got each other through all of this." As long as neither girl was left behind by the other, he could only see them going up from here. He looked back at Zurg and stifled a snicker at him. Flustered, are we? "You're fine! Just don't push me in poop or lick my feet again. That was..." His skin took on a greener tinge himself as he shuddered, remembering Zurg's evil cackles as he licked Kev's foot all over. What had happened tonight had been fine, fear from a previous experience notwithstanding! With Zurg bending himself, Kev's line of sight to the paw had been improved and he could indeed see that it was a set of 3 numbers! "Hopefully its the inn and not just some other number." Maybe it was a phone number he really wanted to remember? "Still, a start!"

He walked beside him, though as things settled between them, he glanced at the taller alien again. He had asked to speak with Zurg sometime, alone, and this was as alone as they had been in a while. Nym was here, but the little guy was also out cold. He brought his hands together and clasped them, pondering. He'd wanted to ask Zurg, talk with him about how people...left. At the same time he just wanted to shut up and carry on about his business, but that wasn't making him happy. He wanted to be silent for others' sake's in respect. But by keeping quiet of course, he just kept things inside, and he didn't want anything to happen like last year. Heck, maybe what happened tonight was a lot like last year.

"...Zurg?" The telepathic voice was meek, Kev almost hoped that maybe after he said it Zurg might not hear it and they could continue on without issue. "I..." How could he even start? "I'm sorry I bring up how people left sometimes, I should just let it go, but...I wanted to get your opinion and...is it alright for me to be...angry with people for leaving?" Well, it was out.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:33 am

That was another good point: destructive caring. Zurg had to ultimately sigh and deem Portal-X a frustrating lost cause. "Reminds me of myself a few years ago..." No, don't suppose a "reformat" would help solve Portal-X's special brand of affection. "You are probably right, Kev. Getting Portal-X too involved might... well, be asking for trouble." As clearly evidenced by today.

??? wrote:"But that's fine Zurg, I'll find someone else to merge with! Like maybe Jo!"
    "...Eh?" The monarch nearly had to do a double-take, his mind not entirely believing if his horns had heard correctly. Fortunately there was no temper flare and Zurg was not a possessive man; didn't mean he liked sharing, though. "One: I don't think merging with anyone on a routine basis is healthy. And two: the only person Jo wants to merge with, quote on quote, is the one she can't. Besides, I don't think you want to see what goes on in that fantasizing brain of hers, Kev. I've... taken a few peeks - just small ones! - at her filthy reading material." But don't you go blabbing that to her! Zurg will never hear the end of it if Jo found out that the monarch had been bitten by the curiosity bug. You can't blame him, however. With titles like He-Sirens from Quasari IV and Night of Lunar Desire: Passion on Moonrise, you can't really turn your gaze away.

They were just that BAD.

A massive shudder passed through Zurg's body and he would have surely thrown out his tongue, if he could. "Yuck... Nothing but nasty, poorly-written, and downright tasteless lust. I don't know where she even gets those books from. Definitely not from me!" Anyway, the adult themes were traded for more child-appropriate talks - Nym was still here, after all. "Did you really feel my liver?" Zurg asked, not sure whether to be perplexed or disgusted. Knowing his rather shameless reputation, what he asked next should come at no surprise. "...What did it feel like?" You were warned!

Whether or not Kev made out with the goods was fine. The monarch took more delight in daydreaming about teaching Kev all he knew about needlework and threading. What fun it would be, to create scarves and socks together! If he was lucky, Zurg might even get Jo involved. Anything was better than having her mind evaporate from reading shameless pleasure.

"Hmm! That gives me an idea," stated the monarch, realizing an epiphany. As they both turned a corner, not too far from the Inn, Zurg spoke. "Kev, do you think either Livewire and Jana would enjoy knitting or sewing? It's not an overly glorified hobby, but it's perfect to waste time and keep occupied. Maybe they could make blankets and quilts, perhaps selling them for revenue? I would purchase one, if they ever did." This would also keep the girls out of trouble - possibly. And look at Kev, turning a richer shade of emerald! "What's the matter? Didn't like your feet being licked clean? I had thought that to be rather tasty, actually..." Mm, salt. It didn't strike Zurg, as he could be dense at times, that Kev had found the situation erotic. This was mainly because Jo typically aimed to kick the monarch's teeth in if he so much as dared to lick her feet without any notice. Love came with welts and bruises...

But as obtuse as Zurg may be... He was quite aware that something had, indeed, gripped Kev - a lingering suffering that the shorter alien was reluctant to confess. The signs were all there: mood swings, irrational fears, hesitations induced by triggers, etc. The monarch didn't feel it his place to pry, even if he was Kev's friend. He figured that Kev would speak when ready and not a second before.

Kev wrote:"...Zurg?"
    Showtime.

Right on cue, the monarch stopped and there will be no chance of Zurg not hearing Kev's meek voice. "Yes, Kev? Is something the matter?" The invitation had been purposefully given and now it was up to Kev to reciprocate. Zurg was not disappointed and, shortly, all became transparent. At the very heart of Kev's suffering was what plagued all denizens of Portal Breach: abandonment. This time, however, the disease had hit closer to home.

If Kev had asked Zurg two years ago, when the monarch was barely half the man he was today, then he would have received a wicked smile and a ruthless lecture on how cathartic it was to spread misery around. Of course, Kev! Absolutely, Kev! Do unto others as they do unto you~! You deserve a little slice of the pie after all that you've done for those ungrateful fools. It was almost as if it were yesterday... But the monarch was no longer that man, and he had mastered more control over his emotions and desires. Zurg quietly turned his gaze to the west, looking far into the horizon at an imaginary dot that Kev could not see. Nothing but the sound of rustling jewelry disturbed the air, the chime melodic as a faint breeze brushed past the three. Hmm...

Bringing his gaze back down, eyes weary, the monarch finally had an answer. "I cannot tell you that feeling anger at the world and its inhabitants is wrong; sometimes having these feelings is necessary," he said. To repress them brought only further agony. "However, I can warn you that continually harbouring this brewing animosity will serve no purpose. Kev, being furious at those who leave, never to return, will not bring them back... You have to let go, Kev. I know it's hard and I..." The monarch sighed, halfheartedly believing in these words but knowing deep down, within his mind, that they held truth. "And I feel pained everyday that I continue to live and see X'triighlkuumta all around, but there is nothing I can do. I am powerless to prevent others from so cruelly leaving people behind. It is not fair, yes. In that I cannot argue, but, at the same time, it is not fair to yourself that you stubbornly inflict self-harm." If Kev needed any further proof, then he need only remember the Evil Emperor.

Out of compassion and understanding, Zurg placed a kind hand upon Kev's burdened shoulder. "I am not saying you should forgive those who have wronged both yourself and others," the monarch continued. His grip was soft; warm. "But I am saying that you should cherish the ones you have and concentrate more of your energies on them. It will do you no good to dwell on the past and suffer within it. I'm... trying to realize this at my own pace and if I can do it then you can, too."

There was surely some hope, wasn't there?

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Reminded him of himself? Kev gave him a curious look, though he was inclined to agree. Nothing Zurg had ever done had ever measured up with X's lovely...lovely shenanigans though. Being chained to a wall whilst naked sort of took the cake. "Indeed. Though you're right, him having more of a presence would be good! Just a...very controlled presence." It'd be nice to see him around more, a lot of the newer people only had the 'legends' of him to contend with, not having met him themselves.

Zurg was apparently caught off-guard by the mention of merging with Jo, something Kev took some pride in!But true, yes, merging with anybody in such a manner was quite...screwy. He sent a look to the furry child on Zurg's head. "Do you think he'll be okay?" For a first encounter with X, that was definitely a doozy. He did chuckle at Zurg's mention of Jo's fantasies. "How many books does she have?!" He'd first heard about these recreational reading materials at the sleepover. What exactly did she have? He was so curious, yet at the same time he didn't want to know at all. "I think I did, you said it was your liver at least. I'd rather it be your liver than what uh...X said it was..." He may tease, but he didn't exactly want to touch Zurg that way! That was just weird. "As for how it felt it was...very moist and a little...blubbery? It was squishy but firm, it actually made me think of meatloaf."

They turned around a corner, and it seems their talks of knitting and sewing gave Zurg an idea! "Hm!" Jana, he could see having a bit of trouble with sewing, but Livewire seemed like she'd enjoy it. She really like hats, scarves, sweaters, it'd be even better if she could make some of her own! "I think Livewire would enjoy it most, and once Jana gets a hold of it enough to put her own flair in, so would she I think. Livewire would enjoy selling it too! She's been on the lookout for a job." He still liked the idea of her being a delivery car, but it was just an idea. He fitted the taller alien with an even look. "My feet are clean enough. They do not need a spit shine, thank you. You can stick to licking Jo's feet. I'm sure she loves it~!"

Tulsit, Zurg had heard him. Of course, Zurg wasn't deaf and even if he was it was hard to ignore a voice in your head, but still. Some part of him curled up tightly, not wanting to talk about what was bothering him. He ignored it though and pushed ahead, actually finding himself feeling a little better, though he awaited Zurg's reaction nervously. He knew that Zurg had obviously reacted angrily and violently to Bob's death, but he had also pushed on through it since he hadn't killed the girl. A shame that it ended with her leaving again, but Zurg had managed to become angry with her but still push it aside. He managed to let it go.

When Zurg spoke, Kev looked up at him attentively. He nodded in agreement, he did carry a lot of anger about how people had left behind him, left his friends behind. How this had become a part of this world and they were all supposed to accept it. Things couldn't just be simple, or happy, people couldn't last here forever and the consequences of it only seemed to hurt his friends, and himself. However, what could he do with this anger? The people he was angry with were gone, he couldn't talk to them or ask them why they left, if he could he wouldn't be angry. All being angry with them did was keep a bunch of unresolved anger around. Zurg was right, he had to just let go.

"I want to let go...I want to just push them out of my mind and never give them another thought." He blinked and tilted his head to the side slightly, not sure what a X'triighlkuumta was. Despite that, this was why he had chosen to talk to Zurg about it, because he understood. Kev didn't quite know what the foreign word was, but the rest of what he said he understood. Zurg had to watch his friends and acquaintances be left behind too, and he tried his best to help out as well. He was still one of the first people to ever feel this pain, so he knew a lot about this sad subject.

A hand came upon his shoulder and he leaned into it, sighing. "You're right...you are. I'm just...I'm scared. The list of people I can still cherish seems to get smaller every month, I'm scared that one day there'll be no one left and I'll...I'll be alone..." He shivered and brought his own hand up to lay it upon Zurg's in a gesture of appreciation. He looked from Zurg to the digimon on top of him. "At least for every person that leaves, we do get more people and...they do seem very nice." Not that he was going to open up the cottage for every Tom, Dick, and Harry who had just arrived to Portal Breach, but he could be friendly and give them a chance. He let out a deep breath and his tension seemed to go with it. "How do I start...letting go? Where do I begin?" He was willing to try it, to try and let go so he could continue on. The past should be left in the past, right?

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:59 pm

No, maybe Zurg hadn't gone to such perverted lengths before; although... "It may not possible to control only the most powerful individual in the known Gamma," Zurg responded. "If Portal-X is going to do it, then he is jolly well going to DO it." Which also prompted the question: why didn't he do anything? Perhaps the key to all of this was beyond either Kev or Zurg's reach, leaving the latter to believe that this will have to be contemplated for another time. There was nothing to be done about it now.

"Nym will be fine. He's made of tougher stuff." The little furball may appear small in stature and vulnerable, but just you wait. Nym was going to grow up into a strong fighter one day. "And I have no idea how many of those awful books Jo has... I'm guessing at least six. Did you know that she tried to cover up her tracks by switching out book covers? She wasn't fooling me by supposedly reading a book about macroeconomics and their plethora of implications on intergalactic civilizations! That is something that I would read, hmph!" Hmph, indeed. The monarch quit his mumbling and peered at Kev through the corner of his eye. "Prostate," he interjected, finishing his friend's sentence. Guhuhu... That entire spectacle in the Sanctuary had been a little too close for comfort, leaving Zurg to absentmindedly rub a hand over his abdomen. Feeling Kev's fingers brush against a liver had been weird... "Like meatloaf, huh? Congratulations, Kev. I shall never look at meatloaf the same way ever again." Not that the monarch particularly enjoy meatloaf - it was far too meaty for his personal tastes.

Kev's flat expression managed a chuckle out of his taller counterpart, Zurg cracking a teensy smile behind his veil. "Fair enough, fair enough," he replied about licking one's feet, yielding. Sadly, Jo didn't love having her feet licked, either... You people were such ninnies!

But soon lighthearted chuckling was exchanged for a morbid silence, Kev's dilemma becoming the most prominent. To be alone and all forgotten... With no way around that ugly thought, the monarch could only exhale. Where to even begin... "Hmm, that is a logical anxiety to feel," Zurg agreed, wanting his friend to know that the apprehension of being left behind was valid. Truly, it could happen to anyone and the worst part? You wouldn't even know. Nevertheless... "Nevertheless, you shouldn't let that trepidation run your life, Kev. You have a lot to look forward to, no? Friends, be they people or animals; a wonderful home on such a lovely piece of land; the ability to do almost anything if you put your mind to it; and the marvelous opportunity to fix your past faults. Or at least attempt to, anyway." The monarch had been grateful for everything listed above. In what universe would a sinner such as he be given the right to start a new life? But perhaps Kev was already aware of these things and simply felt this growing hole elsewhere. Kev, unlike Zurg, had not been an intergalactic overlord previously and was, for the most part, a fairly innocent string bean of an alien.

"Of course, Kev. We simply have to remember that people leaving doesn't mean that we shall never see new, fresher faces in light of our situation. The way I see it, everything is in a state of impermanence; this being that nothing lasts forever and our lives are in constant change. Incredibly stressful for a control-freak such as myself, but I do realize that it is healthy for growth." Ah, how to explain this better? Zurg reached up to idly scratch beneath a horn. "Er, I suppose in layman's terms I am trying to say that you shouldn't focus on a fixed point, whatever that may be, and grow as the world around you evolves. We will suffer, yes. There is no escaping that. But I do believe that it is we who are ultimately in charge of how we go about life with that suffering, applying meaning and purpose in either positive or negative ways. Life is what we make of it, yes?"

Did this make a tiny amount of sense? Zurg struggled whenever he had to translate his people's philosophies...

As for where to let go? The monarch removed his hand off Kev's shoulder and held out a finger, gently tapping his friend square in the chest. "Right here, naturally." You can't do anything if you, yourself, weren't ready! "Start from ground zero, Kev: you. You can't go about fixing what ails you if you neglect where it upsets you the hardest. Why don't you take some time for yourself? Be a little selfish in a healthy way and just enjoy? As I tell Jo whenever she feels blue, there is a whole world out there. Go explore it or, I don't know, make something out of it! There is nothing stopping you but yourself."

Long ago the monarch was the most cynical, staunchest proponent of pessimism. Now, however? Zurg had seen that the people he cared for could not thrive on that pessimism - on the very negativity that kept this world down. To even continue proliferating ill will did nothing at all and, in the long run, only galvanized decay even further. No, he was going to try being optimistic - to try being someone to rely on.

His friends and companion deserved nothing less.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Eesh...good point. "Yeah, I suppose we can't do much to control a God..." If anyone could control X like that, they'd have wrapped him around their finger by now to control this entire Gamma. "We'll have to see some time I guess." What they needed was Omega, maybe she could grab that God by the ear and make him act right!

"Well, if you're sure..." Small and furry usually made for very fragile little creatures, such as dogs, cats and bunnies, but Nym wasn't a dog. He had come from an egg, started out as a wittle black ball then became a blue head. He was a different type of creature, and he wanted to be really strong and tough. Guess that was why he had those little fighting gloves! "On the plus side, not to brag or anything, but I think the three of us are some good figures and role models for him." Despite the...special word knowledge. "Six books?" He snorted and shook his head. Though he sputtered at the word 'prostate'. "Right, right...yes, like meatloaf. Very meaty, squishy loaf. Meatloaf's overrated anyway~!" And his flat face soon turned triumphant. No more feet lickies for him! Bet Squall will be happy about that one.

Things were silent for a moment before Zurg spoke again, assuring him that what he felt was logical, but also shouldn't rule him like it had a tendency to do. He nodded. "I have you, Jo, Lawrence...the Hyruleans, Jana and Livewire, Nymby here, Aya, Tally and Sonia. Leo and his family, more besides that too. And I have the animals, the cottage...they need me." No matter how bad he felt, he had to remember his responsibilities. Fix his past faults...maybe he could work on his big mouth. The basic gist, of course, was to focus on the other parts of his life. Even if it seemed like it was hard to do.

The concept of nothing lasting forever was just such a scary concept. He had tried to avoid it, figuring that maybe it was something he was doing wrong. Getting too close with the wrong people, things like that. He thought that maybe if he watched who he made friends with he could avoid having to lose anything, he could avoid facing that some friendships just couldn't last, no matter what you do. But it was a lesson he should have realized when he had first been taken to Portal Breach. Their respective home worlds, big, vast and diverse things that they were, they hadn't been able to last forever either. If entire dimensions could be destroyed no matter what you did...what was a person or a friendship compared to that?

"Life is what we make of it, yes..." He looked back up to Zurg, hopeful. "Nothing lasts forever, but even though it doesn't last, there's always still...something there, right? Nothing lasts forever but it doesn't have to be gone forever either." Kev blinked as Zurg poked him in the chest, looking back up at him with wide eyes.

Zurg wrote:"Right here, naturally."
    "In my lungs?" Zurg elaborated however, and it wasn't necessarily where he was pointing that mattered, but who. "Time for myself?" Maybe something nice and relaxing...hmm, where to start! Exploring was also thrown out there, there were some parts of the world he hadn't seen. "I think Minerva and Jana could handle the store for a little bit in my absence, while I go and do something...I'm not sure what, but there's ideas a-brewing! I could maybe work a bit more on a side project!" Looking towards the future with an unwavering and optimistic gaze was something he hadn't done for a while. It felt...nice. He stepped closer to Zurg and wrapped an arm around him. "Thank you for listening! And advising.~ Maybe I could build an addition onto the cottage so you could stay at my place sometime!" A very...ambitious idea, but likely not one that would come to fruition. Not without a pair of muscles to help.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:23 am

Oh Cosmos, bringing Omega out of her box and yanking Portal-X around like a scolding mother with her disobedient child.

"Dohoho... We make for the best trio of unrelated guardians," the monarch happily concurred. Surrogate "parents", perhaps, but caring parents all the same. "And yes, six books. Keep in mind those are just the ones I've managed to find while she's at work. Did you know that I found a modest black box in her closest one day? A downright horrifying day, that was." It's a good thing Nym was fast asleep, wasn't it? The monarch didn't dare clarify more than that.

But enough silly jibber-jabber! Kev sincerely listed off those he felt were important in his life; Zurg was inclined to agree that everyone his friend placed faith in were good, solid choices. One of them was a roguish sinner, of course~! "Good! I am glad that you've found others to confide in, Kev. Each of these relationships hold a meaning for you, don't they? Surely you must feel that your life, as unique as it may be, is finely interwoven with their own. Even if people disappear and never bother to see you again, you will always have a few kindred spirits who will be there for you. I will be here for you." Through the good and the bad, the happy and the miserable, and yes... even the merged. A smile formed, slight and hidden, and the monarch continued to listen as Kev resumed wrapping his mind around everything. "There is always something there if you make it so, Kev. You take whatever you want from life, but just remember that sometimes life will take back. Pleasure is never without hardship, after all." Hmm! Perhaps the monarch had worried for nothing. Perhaps Kev will take this talk to heart and -

Kev wrote:"In my lungs?"
    A short chuckle escaped from Zurg, followed by a - SMACK! - light tap to the back of Kev's scaly head. "Kev, you boob," the monarch growled, halfway between playful and disgruntled. "That was supposed to be a heartfelt moment between the two of us! Now the moment is gone and will remain that way - forever!" See, look what you did. There was no permanent harm, however, and soon Zurg resumed his previous chuckling. With the same hand that smacketh, he rubbeth'd Kev's head and forced it into the monarch's chest out of a gesture of friendly affection. Boop! "No, Kev - not in your lungs." In your heart! Which... apparently wasn't where the monarch had pointed. Zurg released his friend and allowed for Kev to return with a one-armed hug. "A side project sounds like a lovely idea. Why don't you reflect on it some more, hmm? After all, the Breach is your oyster. Just... try not to get killed in the process. That tends to put a wrinkle in one's plans."

Zurg may have been a selfish, incorrigible git when he first arrived here; but he was trying his hardest to make up for it. Seeing and hearing that his friend's spirit was in less turmoil was the least Zurg could do. You know, in exchange for that gardening exercise.

"You are welcome and it's really nothing at all," said the monarch, rumbling. Windbags love to talk and it's not like Zurg could plug his horns. "And an additional room? Oh, don't trouble yourself. I am more than content to sleep on the floor with your dogs." And with a nightlight, too... Zurg had terrible issues about sleeping in the dark. Shh! Oh, and speaking about the dark... Zurg readdressed his gaze down the sidewalk, listening to a sleeping Nym currently resting upon his head. "Alas, it's time we continue. Let's go, Kev. Nym needs a nice bed to sleep in and Aya will have our heads if he is not in before sunrise." Continuing their private walk together, side-by-side, both aliens arrived at the Inn and we already heading up the stairs to room 416.

Huff, huff, huff!

Good Cosmos, did Aya really have to live on the fourth floor?

The monarch had to pause and let his knees rest upon reaching Aya's level, Zurg slightly stooped over to rub his sore joints. "Ughh... Sometimes it is a curse to be so tall," he griped with a wince. Ah, but enough bellyaching! Soon he stood right back up and headed off, eyeing every door and until - "Room 416; this is the one," he pointed out. Will the vampiress be home? Time to find out.

Knock, knock, knock!

While they were waiting for Aya to open the door or not, Zurg cast a furtive glance through the corner of one eye. "So..." he began, quietly. "Where exactly is your heart, anyway?" This'll be good to hear, knowing Kev.

Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:41 pm

Asleep through all of this, Nym merely twitched and mumbled randomly in his sleep to show signs of life. Though the night proved to be disturbing with the deity showing his power, Nym was (mostly) over that, and instead, dreaming other things rather than nightmares. Dreaming of a field of flowers so wide and beautiful, as if it never ended, able to smell the variety and breathing in the air around him deeply. It was lonely and quiet, but he didn't mind. The voices of Kev and Zurg were comforting, though muffled in his sleep. He knew they were there, and he knew where they were going.

Home.
    The smells of the city invaded his dreams as he kept hearing the noise it caused, trying to stay in his peaceful flowered field. Focusing on the mumbles of the two aliens helped, he didn't want to wake up right now. The more familiar the smells, the more he felt at peace, knowing he was closer to home and to a familiar and safe environment. Nym was not scared of much, but the power X showed to them, it made him a little... well, very scared. Knowing something like that had so much power, and was pretty much watching over them.

It was frightening.

But the scent of the inn came closer, and his nose wiggled, breaking this thought and sniffing the air around him. Entering the area made his ears perk up, and a natural reflex of his tail to wag happily. Before he could wake up, however, the aliens had already made it to the door, and Nym opened an eye to see where they were. He was correct; he was home. "Mmph..." he grumbled as he slid down Zurg slowly, landing on the floor with a small thud that woke him up a bit more. "..." he blinked, looking around with a dazed look upon his face as he tried to keep himself from falling asleep once more, "you carried me here... I'm sorry. I could've walked..."

Nym's words were mostly mumbled and a little hard to understand, but he slowly arose from the ground and leaned on the door and started to sniff. "Home!" his tail wagged slowly as he looked through his gloves with his nose, as if trying to bite something. His maw grasped an extra key, and he looked at Kev and Zurg with them still dangling in his mouth, half asleep and with a small smile, "thank you Kev and Zurg. I'm sorry you had to carry me..."

Nodding off...
    !
    "Mm!..." shaking his head, Nym gave Kev and Zurg both hugs, mumbling something along the lines of 'good night' as he opened the door and walked in, breathing the room's scent in deeply before he collapsed on the floor, fine where he was as he slept.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:10 pm

"The best! With Aya as the serious parent and us as the fun ones, I think Nym's going to grow up great!" It seems like just yesterday that an egg fell from the sky and landed in the Sanctuary. He never could have predicted that that egg would become this little furry thing! "Six books...and possibly more." He shook his head in slight disbelief. Where did she find the time to read them? He turned to Zurg and blinked at him, head tilting to the side yet again. "...Black box? What was in it, more books or something?" Maybe some really...explicit books, since Zurg said it was horrifying.

He nodded, he did feel connected with the people he had named, though he had felt the same for some of those who had disappeared. At least those who were left were still here. Some of them he had already known for too long, to not have them around would be strange. He let out a pleased trill as Zurg reassured him that there would always be at least a few of his friends around for him, one of which was right here beside him. "I'll be here for you too." What a heartwarming mo-

SMACK!

"Yip!" He covered the back of his head, rubbing it in a dramatic fashion, even though it was less of a smack and more of a tap. "Boob? You're the one who pointed at my lungs!" Ruined forever, huh? For someone's whose moment had been ruined, he sure seemed amused! Kev chuckled with him, then found his head rubbed and shoved in Zurg's thankfully clothed chest. "Good, because if I let go of my lungs, I'd die." He said cheekily.

Zurg wrote:"A side project sounds like a lovely idea. Why don't you reflect on it some more, hmm? After all, the Breach is your oyster. Just... try not to get killed in the process. That tends to put a wrinkle in one's plans."
    "I will, I-hey! You say that as if I get killed...a...lot...alright, you have a point. Don't worry, my sideprojects will not lead to death!" They were very clean projects. Floor? Floor?! "Zurg, you wound me! I'd never make you sleep on the floor! You'd be on the couch! And my dogs sleep in my bed with me actually~!" Oscar and Percy at least, and sometimes Shally. Biddy slept outside with the sheep and Llama and Chester.

He nodded along and followed quietly, as they finally made it to the Inn! ...Then finally up the stairs! ...Then finally to Aya's room! He panted along with Zurg, leaning against the wall. "Its a curse to be noodly!" Zurg knocked upon the door, before whispering a quick question to Kev. Right before he was about to answer though, their little child from the sky woke up! "Nym!~" He slid off of Zurg's head gently. "It was less carry and more walk with you atop Zurg's head." He said with a wink. Why was he nibbling at his hands...? Oh! A key! Good! "Its fine Nymby Pimby~" He returned the hug and gave his furred head a slight ruffle. Nym went into the room, leaving the two aliens alone once again!

"...Its here, by the way." He gestured at himself, feeling around his ribcage for a moment before moving to the left and down, whereabouts where a human would have their stomach. "My lungs are too big for my heart to be sandwiched between them." It was taboo to mess around with dead bodies, but one time they broke the taboo in order to look at diseased bodies and find an answer for why people were dropping dead, whereupon which they learned to their shock that the bodies had organs inside! The more you know~

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:15 pm

"Hmm~!" A happy rumble was all Kev needed to feel resonate throughout his noodly body in order to understand that Zurg shared his sentiment. "So long as we take care of Nym in his early stages and raise him with only the best intentions, there isn't a doubt in my bones that he will grow up to be a good, young lad," the monarch agreed, content. Although he hadn't a real clue how to raise children, that didn't mean Zurg was oblivious about what they required. Nourishment, nurture, shelter, morals; Aya, Kev, and himself covered all three with flying colours. Perhaps they should offer some finances so that Aya wasn't feeding Nym all alone, though... The furry tyke had such an appetite!

The above as an aside, Zurg pointedly refused to explain what Jo's black box consisted of. "Yes, let's... say it held more books," he slowly answered. Would it have killed Jo to put a sticky note, warning for curious eyes not to peek!?

"You do get killed quite a bit, Kev. Even more so than myself!" Zurg had died for a grand total of, what, three times already? There was that nasty business with Ashaandur'kuul, all the nonsense regarding Gamma-O, and... Oh! Dying on his homeworld after a long and trying ordeal. Best not to talk about that one and there was nothing wrong with sleeping on a perfectly good floor! "The couch?" Brought back memories of that accursed couch duty, causing the monarch a few shivers down his spine. "Gnghgngh... couches. Well, if you insist. I don't mind sleeping outside on the dirt, really. So long as it's kept clean with a little bit of fabric or dried grass." Was it preferred? No, but if Zurg was tired then he wasn't too picky about where he crashed. Just... not near piles of dung, etc. He was determined to remain a clean boy!

The Baby wrote:"Mmph..."
    Ooh, sounds like someone was groggily waking up at last!

Zurg held perfectly still and felt Nym slide all the way down both head and back, the monarch finding the sensation a bit weird. "Apologize not, Nym. You were tired and we couldn't let you walk home so late at night from the Sanctuary. Aya would be most displeased with us." Oh, just look and listen at the poor, sleepy dear... Zurg tried to steady Nym with a gentle hand, not wanting to seem too overbearing but also hoping Nym didn't mind extra reinforcement. "It is fine, Nym. We care for you." Please don't disappear...

"..." Where had... Where had that come from? Zurg shook his head, jewelry lightly chiming. Just a passing thought, just a passing thought. He hugged the furry child back and returned with a small wave, watching as Nym collapsed right away. "...Wow, I'd like to have what he's having." Joke finished, Zurg tiptoed forward and tried to quietly shut the room door without making a peep. Oh! Almost forgot. The monarch rummaged a hand within the many folds of his robes and pulled out a few crisp, neat credit chips. "For Aya," he whispered to Kev. It was so she could afford more groceries. Finished, he closed the door at last, heard a soft click!, and turned toward his friend with a concealed smile. "There! The baby has been successfully deposited, safe and sound. Now Aya won't have to wear our skin as edgy fashion statements, hooray~!" And that's where Kev's heart was, eh?

Always making a pill of himself, Zurg's eyes narrowed as a mischievous idea came to mind. "You mean riiiiiiight... here?

Pinch~!

There was a cackle shortly afterward as the monarch ran down a flight of stairs, Zurg skipping with a click of his bare heels.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:59 pm