Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Re: It Was 12 O'clock on a Saturday....

Post by Ariana Lee on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:27 pm

Aha, she called it! Robotics. "I bet those robotics skills come in handy whenever something happens to your arm or leg, huh?" Jana being a cyborg was definitely interesting, but when one thought about it, it was the natural next step in prostheses. The best replacement for a lost limb was one that would allow you to do exactly what you could before, and especially for her optic. In Ariana's time the only replacement for a lost eye, if one were illegible for an eye transplant, was either a fake glass eye for appearances or an eye patch. "Sounds like a fun job."

She chuckled along with her, taking a brief, deep breath of air in through her nose. "Nope, no cold!" Thank the Lawd for that one. "Colds have always sucked, but especially now. Its bad enough like this, but 'other' times when I'm trying to hunt in the woods it gets very irritating. Usually I just give up and grab some soup and a grilled cheese and live off of that for a while." Tomato soup was pretty repulsive to her now since it was made out of tomato, so she usually settled with some chicken noodle soup. "Meat doesn't taste so good with a cold either. Nothing does, really." Even the most juicy, beefy burger tasted bland and tasteless when you had a cold!

She smiled slightly at the mention of Livewire hanging out with them, and it brightened when she said Livewire liked her. "I like her a lot too." She trusted the young Cybertronian and she was always very nice and cheerful! Well...not so cheerful nowadays. Loss has a way of changing you after all. "The zoo's a good idea! I'd like to see if they have the usual animals there or maybe some from other planets and universes." Elephants and tigers and gorillas were interesting, but if you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Noticing that Jana wasn't keeping up, she slowed down so that they were more even. "I haven't been there lately but I hope its still there." It oughta be and if not, maybe they could find another arcade to go to. Legend of Helga, huh? Sounded like a fun game! "Adventure is my favorite. Especially the exploring." She blinked slightly at the question. Any games she had played? "I uh...actually haven't played any since we were at the arcade. I never bought any game systems though I do have some money stashed away." Mostly for a rainy day or some such. "With the way this place is sometimes its hard to find some free, non-World endy time to play a game. Last month in particular was pretty busy for me." It was only 5 days but it felt like so much more.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:00 pm

"It does help. Thankfully my prosthetic are stron' 'nough not to get too damaged that much." She could still remember getting her current arm. Someone close to her had given it to her when she lost her other one during the whole mess with G. Not something she wanted to repeat, but it got her a handy new arm. "And it's loads a fun. I get hot cocoa when I work late too." Megamind was just thoughtful that way.

"That sucks. I've never been much of a tomato fan. Couldn't imagine eatin' it for too lon'" Most vegetables didn't appeal to her, actually. (Tomatoes were vegetables, not fruits in her book, by the way). Neither did being sick. But, no one liked being sick.

"The zoos got animals from every quadrant of the universe, I'm pretty sure." She had gone there once with Jo, Zurg, and Kev awhile ago. It seemed so long ago that they had gone. "There is this great exhibit of animals from Karn, a planet back from my world." She had always wanted to visit the actual planet, but had never gotten the chance. Visiting the exhibit was the next best thing. "It has some of the most dangerous animals in the entire Galactic Alliance." And quite a lot of them, so she had heard from talk around Trade World and sometimes the news. Wonder if that chick from Karn still worked at the zoo....

"Well there's only one way to find out if it's there or not, huh?" What was her favorite genre? There were just so many different kinds. Fighting, adventure, shooting... "I like fightin' games the best. Just two guys beatin' each other up without any real pain." Death Kombat was one good game she enjoyed, a "parody" of the real worlds Mortal Combat. The best part was obviously the violent fighting moves that were always available with the perfect button combinations.

"I think it's been quieter than usual. I don't remember the last world endy thing where the entire world was involved." The last one had to have been...no, no that wasn't it. Perhaps it was something she didn't actually partake in...like with that magician...Ra Moon or something? Couldn't remember.

Last edited by Jana on Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:24 pm

"They look like they're made out of a strong metal." Another advantage to robotic limbs, they were stronger than flesh and blood limbs. Granted, if a metal arm goes on the fritz it takes a lot of work to fix it, but at least it likely wouldn't hurt. She'd never broken anything, she'd only ever sprained her wrist and ankle in her childhood, but her brother broke his arm once and it was quite grotesque, not to mention painful. "Hot cocoa? That's nice of him! With water or milk?" Hot cocoa was always best with milk in it, in her opinion.

"I used to be a fan of it when I was younger. One of my favorite soups was probably vegetable soup growing up. My taste buds changed though, along the way, and now I prefer meat to anything else." Not that she could complain much, as long as it tasted good and wasn't human, she'd eat whatever.

"Karn?" A planet from Jana's world, a world with aliens and cyborgs. Her eyes lit up with interests, already imagining what type of alien critters could be in the Karn exhibit. "How dangerous are they? What are they like?" The zoos on Earth certainly had dangerous animals, but they were also animals who had bred in captivity. The Lions and Tigers were mostly for show. If these animals from Karn were really that dangerous, they might not be as domesticated...

"True! A big city like this, they have to have an arcade around here somewhere." She smiled a bit, fighting games were also a lot of fun. Whether it was martial arts or wrestling moves, beating up an opponent was great. "I like those types too! And I like the shooter games where the controller is a gun. Like the games where you have to explore and shoot zombies." It was always fun to aim and shoot with a gun, it always made her wonder if she'd be as good with a real gun. Likely not though.

Jana's response about the end of the world events and how it had been quieter lately got a small nod. She shoved her hands in her pockets though, and furrowed her brow thoughtfully. "Maybe its quiet here, because things are happening elsewhere...when me and some others went to the wilderness far outside of here to help the Ss'ruul, we found a lot of things I never knew this place had. For instance, there was something of a war between the lizard Ss'ruul people and a group of snake people. They wanted to flood the entire world for some type of...God. They also wanted to take over and kill the Ss'ruul, and use them as slaves." Remembering how she and Tally almost became slaves themselves drew a shudder of disgust. "They even summoned this giant monster to destroy one of their cities...it took us forever to take it down, and even then all we could do was distract it."

She chewed her lip lightly before shrugging. "I guess ever since then, I can't help but wonder if the world is ending in other areas of this place that we've never been to, and we don't know any better because people like us who are there are already taking care of it. And maybe its the same way for them, maybe when the world was ending here and that Alpha guy nearly stabbed the planet, somewhere else it was just a really odd Tuesday."
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:03 pm

"You're right, they are..." there was that sad smile again. Anything Swindle gave out was top notch. She wouldn't think anything less of the self named best salesmen of the cosmos. She rubbed at her prosthetic arm unconsciously. The metal was smooth and recently waxed to do away with the scratches that were usually prominent. "Milk, of course. Water already tastes bad. Putting cocoa in that just ruins the chocolate." It wasn't hot chocolate milk if you added water to it. Then it was hot chocolate water, and nobody had time for that.

"Funny how both our tastes buds changed after some time." And by time, she meant Ariana's werewolf side. Wolves were meat eaters after all. Jana too, found herself unable to enjoy the taste of vegetables after she had acquired her newfound power. Trade World didn't have the best selection, but she remembered enjoying them at
    some point.

"Not a huge fan of zombie games anymore...Bein' turned into one before kinda takes away all the fun." It occurred to the cyborg that Ariana would have no idea what she was talking about when she brought it up. "I ever tell you 'bout that?"

"They are more than dangerous, they are vicous. If you bother them at least." True for most animals, really, but more so for those on Karn. They were known for being the most dangerous creatures on earth. Many rumors circulated about just how dangerous they were. Not many people actually chose to go to Karn in the first place, and those that did could have embellished what they encountered. Though what Jana had seen during that one visit..."There are tons a different kinds. There's this one species called a Lunar Leech. They are huge, and dark green. You'd think they'd be slimy but their not. Kinda hairy, really. In fact, their skin is made into rugs! Real big ones too." She remembered seeing one before, the rug that is. Cool looking thing it was.

The cyborg watched Ariana's face as she spoke of her adventure. Gods, flooding, and would be slaves was definitely different than some of the things that had encountered here. The idea of people getting turned into slaves sent an odd shiver down her spine. Just the thought of anyone being forced into something like that did not sit well with the cyborg. Despite her thoughts, all she said was [color:fa8d=6633cc]"So that's where you've been, huh? I wondered." she noticed Ariana's shudder and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Glad you got back in one piece, then."

Things were starting to get really deep now. She slowed her steps a little as she contemplated what Ariana had said. The idea that others were facing similar problems never went through her head. It was sometimes hard to imagine that when one was in their own little world. Had anyone even thought about adventuring out there? The only one she knew who had was Tally... "That's really..." she scrunched her nose "an odd thin' to think 'bout.." she stopped this time, tapping on her chin. Jana looked towards Ariana "Makes me feel a little self centered to not have thought of that before. Also makes me wonder why more people haven't tried to go out and see more of the Breach." It would be an interesting experience.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:55 pm

Jana's smile seemed a little...sad. Not knowing that the metal of her limbs had come from Swindle, Ariana could only wonder why she was sad. It'd be better not to bring it up or call attention to it. That would probably just make her even sadder. It'd be best to move on and distract her. "Of course! I just thought I'd ask since some people actually do prefer it with water. My brother did, at least. Never understood it." He also put ice cubes in his milk. Gross.

"Oh yes, indeed." She agreed with a smile. Her own wolf instincts made her prefer meat, and Jana's own wirewolf instincts gave her a craving for electricity while in that form. She'd never seen the girl eat any vegetables either, though what teenager would freely eat them? Jana confessed to not liking zombie shooter games much anymore, drawing a slightly confused blink from Ariana. With how strong and battle hardy the other girl was, she would have thought that she'd love shooting zombies. Though then again becoming one would take the fun out of it. At the question, Ariana tilted her head to the side. "It does sound vaguely familiar...I think a long time ago, you told me. It still sounds really horrible, I can see how that would take the fun out of it." She wanted to ask what it was like to be a zombie, but that would be horrible insensitive.

The animals that came from Karn were absolutely vicious, according to Jana. Particularly when bothered. "Guess its a good thing for us that they're in captivity instead of running free in the forest." What would such creatures look like? She tried to imagine them in her head, all sorts of semi-monstrous reptilian creatures and mammals, all much bigger than a human. Each one with shiny teeth and sharp claws. Her attention went back to Jana when she went on to explain one such species. "Lunar Leech? Is it a leech that only comes out at night?" Huge and dark green, not something she'd want to find attached to her skin. Though did Jana say it was hairy? "A hairy leech?" She made a slight face at the idea. Though then again... "Kinda sounds like a huge furry caterpillar." Made out of rugs too? "Ooh, are they good rugs?" How weird to think of a rug made from a Leech...this Karn place was most intriguing.

"Yeah. I left a note behind on my door though I didn't really have much detail on it other than saying I was out of town. When I started my journey I had no idea what we would be facing." A lot of it, she had not seen coming. She glanced down at the hand on her shoulder and smiled back at Jana. "I'm glad too. I think that was the first time I'd ever been in...one of those world ending situations. There was that thing with Alpha, but I spent most of my time down in the Pool, only coming up at the very end. Being in fights like that, open fights where I could be who I was and just...it was oddly fun, when I didn't feel like I was going to die." Like a good hunt where the prey fought back as hard as it could. It also made her feel a bit more confident about her own skills and prowess in a fight.

As Jana slowed and stoped, so too did Ariana. "Everything seems to just happen here, it makes the world seem a little small. I never figured there was much out there beyond what I had already seen, but now...its strange." Perhaps with the appearance of those lizard people a few months back, it might generate more interest in going down to that area. "It might be because of how hard it was. It was really hot, the plant life was a pain to get through, and the lizard people don't warm up to outsiders easily. If you or someone you know ever travels that way, you should probably bring someone like me along who was there for that battle...we sorta became Champions of there's. Might make it easier to welcome you guys to their place." She smiled a little sheepishly at admitting to the 'champions' thing, blushing a bit when she remembered how unintentionally drunk she had gotten. She didn't realize that they had had some wine among the juices during their celebration...

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:17 am