Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

It Was 12 O'clock on a Saturday....

Post by Skyler on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Date: September 28, 2013
    Time: 12 in the afternoon

The inn was a nice place to live. The rooms were cozy, the hallways were quiet, and some of the inhabitance were their friends. Ariana was one of those friends. Jana had not talked with the quiet girl for quite some time. So wrapped up in her own life, the cyborg had failed to talk to many of her friends. Even Ariana, who she had felt close with for so long After finding both her boyfriend and her parents were no longer at the Breach, she had feared that she'd find Ariana to be gone as well.

When the crisis has slowed, Jana had meant to go to Ariana. To make sure she was still there. Seeing her in the Sanctuary had made it easier. It made asking Ariana to hang out so much easier. Now, she was to meet her in the lobby of the inn.

That was how Jana found herself standing in the lobby of the inn, wearing jeans and a Black Eyed Peas shirt, waiting for her friend to show up. Jana had not planned what they were going to do. She knew she wanted to talk to her about something, but after that, she had no idea.

Last edited by Jana on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Re: It Was 12 O'clock on a Saturday....

Post by Nym on Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Sniff, sniff!
    Something smelled good, and from the inn's lobby, there were a plate of cookies set out for all. Though it was for all, Nym had problems eating just one of them, and instead, had eaten them all, hiding under the guest tray with the cloth blocking view, crunching and munching away with all of the cookies gone. Nym had been eating a lot of sugar of late, and though he knew to be careful since the last time he had bad food, it had a terrible ending... Nym was just craving sugar! It was just something he felt he needed!

Hearing footsteps, the Digimon sniffed loudly, his nose poking from under the cloth. The smell... hmm... it seemed familiar! Had he met this person before? Crawling out from under the tray, Nym left the empty plate and stretched, yawning loudly and looking around. A person was there, but they looked like they were waiting for something. Tilting his head, Nym tried to recall her name... wasn't it Jamie? Something with a J! She smelled familiar, and Nym walked up to her with a wagging tail and a smile on his maw.

"Hi! I remember you from the Sanctuary! My name's Nym, in case you forgot. I forgot your name, though... but you still smell the same!" Hopefully she wouldn't be offended by that. Nym extended his gloved hand to shake Jana's, and kept sniffing a bit, making sure his nose was right with the scent. "I like your shirt! It's trippy!"
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:47 pm

A cruel lesson of life was one that came down to two words: things change. Ariana seemed to embrace change, even call for change back on Earth. Portal Breach was a different story. She had settled down quite easily, though things changed in other ways. When she had heard about Livewire and Jana's predicament, she had been sympathetic. She wanted to help, but at the time the two didn't seem accepting of help. Understandable with what had happened, though it made her scared that they would leave too.

Thankfully that was not the case, and instead they had actually spoken of making time to hang out together! She was happy, though she was quick not to get her hopes up. From what she could tell, it seemed that it wasn't just her parents that had disappeared. Metal Man seemed to be gone as well, and she felt bad about it. She might not have gotten too close to him, but he seemed like a nice enough guy! And the last thing Jana needed right now was some sort of baggage. What she needed was time to relax and have some fun again! And that was what Ariana was aiming for.

She stepped down the stairs in a pair of capris, a white tank top, and her usual converse, stepping into the lobby. She grinned when she spotted Jana, though she giggled a bit when she saw a...bipedal blue husky talking with her. And a pair of boxing gloves? That was PB for you, she shrugged and walked up to them both. "Hi Jana." She waved to her with a smile before turning to the blue dog. "I don't think I've seen you around here...I'm Ariana."
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:13 pm

Jana rocked on her heals as she waited for her friend to arrive. She was both excited and nervous about this meeting. Excited to see Ariana, and nervous that she'd say or do something stupid again. A repeat of the sanctuary was really not something she wanted.

So caught up in looking towards the entrance to the lobby, Jana did not notice the denizen until he had spoken up. The cyborg looked back and forth at the voice until she realized she had to look down to find its owner. She stared down at the digital child as he held out his hand for her to shake. Soon, a small smile crept its way onto her lips.

"Name's Jana." she stated and knelt down to get on eye level with Nym before taking his hand and shaking it back. At the comment about her shirt, she looked down at it. "It's my favorite band." As she spoke this, Ariana had decided to make her appearance.

"Hey Ariana. Fancy meetin' you here." she joked.
    Nym
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Nym on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:43 pm

Jana! He was close. Band? What was a band?
    Before he could ask, Nym looked over to another voice, unfamiliar and the scent odd, which turned out to be another lady! She had... what were they called? Glasses? "Hi!" he said, greeting the new lady. It seemed Jana was meeting this Ariana person... Nym didn't want to get in the way of that, but Nym looked over the two with a small smile, "I'm Nym! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you guys if you were going somewhere."

The Digimon didn't want to hold them up if they were heading somewhere. He nodded to the two and took a few steps back away, letting them have room. "I just wanted to catch your name again, and it's nice to meet you, Ariana! I live with Aya! She's super nice!" There wasn't much else for him to say as he felt awkward suddenly, not wanting to interrupt or push himself in on them. That would be rude, and Aya had taught him to not be rude or intrusive! Aya had taught him well.

After greeting them, Nym decided to leave the two, heading upstairs to Aya's room to take a nap.

Last edited by Nym on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:39 pm

Ariana smirked back at Jana. "Fancy seeing you around here too. What are the odds that we'd both appear in the lobby at the same time, on the same day?" What fortuitous circumstance be this? She turned back to the little blue dog, so his name was Nym? That was an interesting name to go with an interesting person.

She blinked as Nym seemed to catch on that they were meeting up here, she felt bad to exclude him though! "Its fine, I hope I didn't interrupt anything you two might have been talking about!" He seemed like a considerate person though! "It was nice to meet you too, and oh! Tell her I said hi, would you?" She smiled a bit. She never knew Miss Valentine had a....pet? Roommate? ...Surrogate child? Whatever their relationship.

She turned back to Jana and chuckled awkwardly, turning her head away slightly. "So...how're you today?" That was a start!
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:19 pm

The cyborg stood back up to get on even height with Ariana. "It's a small Breach after all, huh." she joked again, enjoying the exchange.

"It's cool, Nym." she said, waving a dismissive hand at the boy. "It was cool to see you again." the kid was kind of cute, which made Jana question when she started to actually find things cute.

"I'm not half bad. Made pancakes in the mornin'." Pancakes, meaning blobs of batter, a bit burnt on both sides. Despite  cooking for herself, with a little help from a sister who didn't even eat organic food, for a few weeks now, Jana had yet to familiarize herself better with not burning things. Though every meal that didn't explode like in the past, was a good meal. "How're you?"
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:42 am

"Oh yes, minuscule!" She giggled slightly. With Nym gone, it was just the two of them again. Ariana clasped her hands behind her back and turned back to her friend. "Ooh, pancakes are pretty good!" Tasty, but not always her first decision for breakfast, herself. She really liked bacon or sausage, and some eggs, perhaps some toast on the side if she was feeling especially hungry. Mmm...

"Aah, I'm pretty good! I had a nice breakfast this morning, I went ahead and ate in the inn's dining room and had what they were serving. Then I just watched TV for a bit before coming to meet you down here." She rolled her shoulders, almost stretching, before she spoke again. "So, what did you want to do? Anything in particular? I'm pretty much up for anything."
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Jana turned her full attention to Ariana once Nym was gone. Though she didn't really mind him being there for a bit, (he was kinda cute afterall) she was happy that he had left them. Jana wanted and needed some time with Ariana with just the two of them.

"I ain't been eatin' there all too much for breakfast. I kinda like makin' it." Especially when Livewire helped. Livewire made the entire experience all the better, even if she was usually incapable of eating whatever Jana had made. Just knowing she was there was nice.

Jana rubbed behind her neck sheepishly and looked off to the side. Really, she should have thought about what they should do before coming down. But what was done was done. "I don't know, really..." the cyborg puffed up a cheek. "I didn't think that far in advanced." she let herself chuckle a bit.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:05 am

She nodded her head slightly, in agreement. "Yeah, pancakes are pretty fun to make. Especially when you get to put special little toppings in it, like chocolate chips." She shrugged slightly. "I was just lazy this morning, I guess! I usually just pick something up to eat on the way to work, but I don't have to go in today. How about you, do you have to work today?" If she remembered right, Jana had at least one job, possibly two. If she had to go to a job sometime today, then that might cut their little get together short. Which was fair. Jobs were important, after all.

She raised an eyebrow questioningly when Jana averted her eyes, though once she spoke it was clear. Ariana chuckled too. "That's fine, its not like we're in much of a hurry. We can just do...whatever." She shrugged again, placing her hands by her sides. "Maybe we could...walk around the Inn a bit, and talk? It'd be a little more private than the lobby at least."
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:02 pm

"Yeah," The cyborg nodded her agreement "I like puttin' em in the batter or just watch em melt on the top of the pancakes." Jana stuffed her hands into her pockets and rocked slightly on her heals. As for her work..."I opened up shop today. An' don't gotta go in to the lab till later tonight." Working two jobs was not as hard as she thought it could have been. Being an apprentice of a former super villain had more lax hours than working at City Noise, but she enjoyed both equally.

The cyborg almost mentioned the true reason for wanting to get together with Ariana, but thought better of it. Instead, she said "Walkin' sounds good to me. I ain't done much explorin' of the place yet so not too familiar with it all." Better to ask later as to not risk jeopardizing their afternoon. Away from prying eyes would be smart too. Nodding inwardly, she continued with her small smile.

"Lead the way?"
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:15 pm

((I'm so sorry this took a while!))

Mmm, melted on the top...sounded so tasty. Good thing she already had her breakfast! "I used to like mine with blueberries but uh, I grew out of it." She admitted with a small laugh. Honestly, it was less 'growing out of it' and more 'wolf instincts preferred meats to fruits and vegetables'. Aah, so she had two jobs after all! One in a lab! "That's great! Is working in a lab hard?" Depending on what she did in there, it could be. Ariana herself always had service industry jobs. Definitely not easy and simple when you have to wait on numerous people, but it also wasn't rocket science.

She nodded back. "Heh, guess its a good thing you're with me. I've explored around this place a bit." Helps that she had been here for a little over a year now. Lots of time on her days off to explore and look around. At the offer to lead, she smiled back. "Okay." She lead the way to the door, opening it and allowing for Jana to go through first. After she did she walked through herself, turning to the left down the sidewalk. "I'm really glad we've gotten a chance to hang out again..."
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:19 pm

"Workin' in the lab ain't hard in the slightest." The cyborg shrugged at her friend. Once, she may have found it hard and tedious work, something that she did not need to waste her time doing. Megamind definitely changed her mind on that with his love for the work. Jana kept her reminiscing to herself and instead said "I got used to it pretty fast."

The chuckle that came out was short but filled with warmth. She liked the sound. "Good thin' is right. Without you, I might get lost." Jana stuffed her hands in her pocket. Going out and about had not been something she had felt comfortable doing for awhile. Too many people, too many eyes on her and her sister, too many sympathetic looks. Hopefully by having Ariana there with her, she could evade any and all of that. She could ignore it, at least.

"Same." Jana tried to match her gait with Ariana so that they were in step with one another. "Should do it more often."
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:13 pm

"Ooh, neat. What kind of things do you do in the lab?" She imagined it was probably more mechanical things. Robots and such, especially since she had robotic limbs and could transform into a robotic wolf. As street smart as Jana was she couldn't see her doing anything with chemicals or biology. She nodded slightly when Jana said she got used to it pretty fast. "Yeah, work's like that sometimes." With work you usually had to get used to it or you wouldn't get paid. Or get fired.

Ariana smirked slightly at the chuckle, mouth turning up into a grin. "That's the truth. But no worries here, we have my nose to guide us." She pointed to her nose and wiggled it slightly. More of an inside joke since she could turn into a wolf, to anyone on the outside it probably seemed like a weird little joke. She turned towards Jana slightly, as they were now step in step with each other. She blushed slightly, nodding in agreement. "I'd like that...and Livewire could always join us sometime too." They might like to get out of the inn sometime and have something to distract them from what had happened.

She bite her lip slightly, trying to think of something else to add that wouldn't involve what happened with their adoptive parents. She could truly emphasize, even though the 'abandoning' had been the other way around. When she had transformed for the first time, her parents ran into her room and found a wolf in their daughter's room, among blood and skin. They chased her out, screaming, and when she came to the next day, it never occurred to her to go back. They thought she was dead, and seeing how she was a dangerous monster now...maybe that was for the best. There was still some regret though, they were her parents. They would have accepted her as she was now, or at the very least she could have let them know she was alive.

The past was best left to the past though and she cleared her throat slightly to shake it off. "We could always go back to the arcade sometime, that was fun. Have you two played any interesting games lately?"
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:22 pm

"I mainly help Megamind with his robotics. I do thin's like get tools he needs too." Ariana was right to assume Jana would not be one for chemicals. Robotics were more her specialty. Though chemicals did create a good explosion though, and working with Megamind produced a lot of those; accidental or purposeful.

"Let's hope you don't have a cold then. I bet that sucks, huh?" she chuckled again. Having a cold herself sucked, as she didn't like to see the doctor, no matter how bad the cold was. It must have been twice as hard for someone with such hightened smell to suddenly get a stuffy nose. Wonder how many times she got lost...

The cyborg nodded at Ariana. Having Livewire and Ariana hanging out with her at the same time couldn't have sounded like a better time. "Livewire would probably like to see you." She nodded at herself. "Think she likes you. Maybe we could go to the zoo or somethin'"

Jana tried to stay in sync with Ariana's gait, but ultimately failed. "I ain't been there since we went. Know if its still 'round?" That had been, what, a year ago? And Jana hadn't been there or talked to anyone that had been there for awhile. Hopefully it was still around though. Playing that dancing game had been fun.

As for the games, Jana nodded "Been playin' little bit a games. Mostly been playin' Legend of Helga. It's and adventure game. How 'bout you?"

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:53 am