Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Well This Is Just Prime

Post by Knock Out on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:28 pm

Time: 5:40 PM
    Date: 9/20/13

The hustle and bustle in the city was beginning to die down. Most people had already left for home, leaving the later workers to be prowling the streets of the city, or just those with a plan for what to do on Friday. Besides the usual racket of the city, it was a very nice afternoon for a stroll. Perhaps follow the sidewalks to the park, or maybe frequent one of the restaurants! There was nary a care to be had, and some of the doom and gloom that seemed to surround the place for a while seemed to be lifting, replaced with peace.

As if summoned by some God fond of irony, the peace was broken when a blue portal appeared, and a red Cybertronian tumbled out, head over heels. "-AAAAAARGH!" He landed with his face on the ground and his arms pinned beneath him. He skidded to a stop slightly on the road, groaning in irritation as he began to rock from side to side, much like a turtle when trapped on its back. "What took you so long, Starscream?!" Typical Starscream, wait forever to actually do something! "And how about a little warning next time?!" That was some of the worse use of space bridges he had ever seen or experienced! He finally managed to roll to his side, bumping into something that started to squeal and beep. Like a...car alarm? Earth? Why was he on Earth? He sat himself up entirely and looked around, optics taking in his surroundings. They were very much not...familiar.

Organics of all sorts stared at him, the new mech that had appeared and seemed to talk to thin air. After a few moments of staring, they turned their heads away and went about their business, a man coming out too to stop his car alarm. The man grumbled a half-hearted warning to watch where he was going, but Knock Out wasn't paying attention. No, he was paying attention to where the Frag he even was. This was almost like Earth, at first glance, but not quite Earth at all. There were species and creatures here that weren't normal to Earth. Had the Autobots summoned him to some city? He glanced around again, and saw nothing that looked to be of his own kind. Or anything capable of producing a space bridge, for that matter. He frowned deeply, and gave a thoughtful hum. No Decepticons...no Autobots...actually, now that he thought about it, that space bridge was blue. Most space bridges or ground bridges were greenish in color.

"...Oh scrap."
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Re: Well This Is Just Prime

Post by Sokka on Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:27 am

It was just another day like any other in Portal City… everyone bustling to and fro between their jobs and home, people running about on errands, some simply going about the town, and one certain Water Tribe warrior making his way back to the Stock Pot Inn after going to pick a few things up for Korra and himself. Now that the weather was starting to turn cooler, Sokka thought that he and his best friend could greet the autumn season with a proper feast. Komatsu, the cook at the inn, made some downright incredible dishes, but for tonight… Sokka thought that a good feast of blubbered seal steak might be just the thing. It was more of a true meal than the ever-popular blubbered seal jerky, and after he had found some of this taste of home at a local butcher, he knew it might be a perfect surprise for Korra.

Speaking of surprises, he did not expect to see a red Cybertronian talking to… no one in particular in the middle of the street. He wasn't too familiar with most of the robots on the Breach, although he had seen Sunshine here and there a few times since that unfortunate chaos back in the spring… this one though, he also recognized. His name was Knock Out, wasn't it? He didn't really know him too well, but he had worked with him to an extent around that same mess with the asteroid. Given the cool head he had tried to keep then, it was kind of strange to see him appear this confused in the middle of the city.

Strange as that was, what was even stranger was the fact that something about him just seemed… different to Sokka. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but regardless, he knew to trust his instincts here… and in addition to picking up on that good-sort-of-different feeling, his instincts were also telling him it might not be a bad idea to check up on the red Cybertronian.

Cocking an eyebrow slightly before sighing to himself, Sokka turned and stepped near the large robot, trying his best to gauge the situation before saying anything. Onely once he had a good opening did he speak up.

"Hey… you all right there?"
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Knock Out had to admit that this situation was better than what it had been before. He wasn't stuck inside the Nemesis anymore, and there wasn't an Autobot in sight! However, he couldn't ignore the possibility that he may be on a planet that was allied with the Autobots. There were some human looking organics here, after all. And if he had learned anything about Earth and humans, it was that they were on the side of the Autobots. And if they weren't, they weren't worth allying with.

He stood up, slightly uneasy since his wrists were still bound up in cuffs. That was first thing's first on his list of 'To do's! Get these fragging things off. He looked over his paint job, able to see just how dingy and scuffed his finish was now, and scowled a bit. Alright, maybe the cuffs could be second. Some things were more important.

Unknown voice wrote:"Hey… you all right there?"
    He blinked and turned downwards, finding a human staring up at him. Certainly didn't look like either of the Autobot pets. He readjusted his pose, bending down on one knee to get closer to this one's height. "Depends on your definition of 'alright', human." He held up his cuffed servos. "One moment I'm prisoner of war to the Autobots, the next I'm tumbling onto this street! What is this world?" It was like some weird combination of Cybertron and Earth.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:04 pm

As soon as Knock Out turned around, Sokka's eyes widened slightly at catching sight of the strange cuffs that were clasped right around his wrists. They almost looked like some strange mix of static water held in shape via waterbending or circle bands of energy. That idea was based mostly on some of the technology he had seen around the city for the past year, and it seemed a bit more likely… the most important question though was just why was he wearing them. Had something happened to him?

Sokka watched as the red Cybertronian knelt down to get closer to his own height, soon raising his own eyebrows as he saw the presented energy cuffs at a better angle. "Ah, yeah… that's not my definition of all right… didn't see those from behind." Man that was weird… however, as strange as it was to see the Cybertronian bound, that held nothing on what he said next.

Apparently, Knock Out had just been some prisoner of war to the Autobots… weren't some of the talking Satomobiles that used to be here called Autobots? The Water Tribe warrior didn't know most of them that well, but regardless of allegiances that the Cybertronians claimed for themselves, he had no idea about any wars or whatnot that were going on. In fact, for the past while, the Breach had been strangely quiet lately… at least in this part of it.

Sokka blinked in surprise at both the mention that Knock out had just landed out in the middle of Main Street and that he was asking him what this world was. Hadn't he been here for more than a few months, though? Given the way he addressed him and seemed confused about just where he was though, it was almost as if he had just arrived here… unless if his memories were acting up for some reason. After the event with the Castle That Never Was, Sokka certainly hoped that wasn't the case, but whether something had happened to Knock Out or not, the warrior figured he could at the very least help him get his bearings again. In doing so, perhaps he could figure out just what was going on here.

"This world is called Portal Breach. Sounds like you just arrived here."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Knock Out took in the small organic's reaction to his cuffs, hoping that it wouldn't turn him against helping the mech out. After all, nothing says 'trust me' like a pair of cuffs. Hopefully the detail on being a prisoner of war would get him on Knock Out's side. So long as no one here was familiar with Autobots or Decepticons, he could change the sides up and make himself seem quite innocent. Which he was, in this case! He offered to join the Autobots and became a prisoner instead! "Yes, I suppose from your angle they'd be hard to see." He struggled against them briefly, wrists tensing against the cuffs. Still nothing.

He gave the organic a curious look. "Portal Breach? Odd name for a planet...what Solar System is this, what galaxy? And how exactly did I get here? The portal looked similar to a ground bridge..." And it was totally possible that someone had activated a ground bridge and transported him somewhere else entirely, but for what reason? And that coloring...it was off. He eyed the organic, noting the bright blue eyes, dark skin and dark hair. If he could get this kid on his side then he could get somewhere, probably have an advantage. If any Autobots did show up, he could show them the human and protest that he was a pet, not unlike their own! Perhaps then they would take his crossing over onto their side more seriously. And if any Decepticons showed up, a hostage could work quite nice, yes?

"Ah, how rude of me!" He made a gesture as if to put a hand to his chest, though he was obviously impeded. "We haven't been introduced! I am Knock Out, and you?" He smiled, laying on the charm.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Sokka watched as Knock Out shook the cuffs for a moment, his own attention still drawn to the way that the Cybertronian had referred to himself as a prisoner of war. How HAD he stumbled onto Main Street cuffed like that? The Water Tribe warrior wanted to think that he had just been dropped there from some other conflict that he himself wasn't aware of, but from the way he was talking about the location of this world and a portal, it really sounded as though he had been pulled here from his own world.

A second time? Could that even happen?

Still trying to pick up clues and figure out this strange encounter, Sokka nodded to Knock Out, noting, "Yeah, it's kind of an odd name… but then again this is kind of an odd place, so I guess it fits. I don't know what solar system or galaxy we're in… just that this world exists in a big area known as Gamma X. There are a few planets and satellites outside of this one, but I'm not sure how big the system is… I'm still learning that myself, actually." The strategist had done his fair share of studying the night skies ever since he himself had arrived here, but even that was more based on patterns relevant to this planet itself instead of most of the area beyond it. He was working his way up though, and his natural curiosity was bound to shine through. "As for how you got here… you mentioned a portal? Was it blue?"

Sokka perked up a bit at Knock Out's sudden statement and gesture, right before his eyebrows shot upwards. Hadn't been introduced yet?! But… they had met before! The two of them didn't know each other THAT well of course, but they had still learned each others names! Oh man, please be the real Knock Out and not some brainwashed version of him! Or doppleganger!

"Ah, yeah… I guess not," said Sokka as his expression relaxed again. He decided to go along with the introductions on the off-chance that something really had hit Knock Out with a case of amnesia, but even with as strange as this was, something told him that this really was the red Cybertronian… and he was set to listen to that even as he studied the situation. "I'm Sokka. Nice to meet you."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:54 pm

An odd name to go with an odd place. Knock Out listened attentively to the human as he spoke, hoping he was getting closer to some answers. No solar system or Galaxy? ...Gamma X? What was that supposed to mean, Gamma? He focused his optics down on the ground, furrowed in thought and confusion. A few planets around this place, but nothing that this kid would have much detail about. For once, he felt a bit jealous of the majority of Decepticons. If he had a flying alt mode, he could just fly up and look for himself. Still, the benefits that came with his current alt mode were too great to shoot down. "I see..." He was going to have to find somewhere to get more information about this place.

He nodded in the affirmative. "Yes, blue and very poorly executed." There was a nice layer of disdain in his tone, whoever had created that little portal needed lessons on how to create one, properly warn someone before it appears, and where to let it deposit someone afterwards!

The human's reaction got his attention, though he tried to keep a casual look on his face. Still, he watched the organic curiously. Why was he so surprised that Knock Out wanted to be properly introduced? Wasn't that a common courtesy thing? Still, he waved it off and nodded back. "Nice to meet you too, Sokka." Strange name, but he'd heard stranger. Miko. "Before I can do much of anything around here, I need to get rid of these. Know of anywhere that might be able to help me out with this, Sokka?"
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:18 pm

"Blue, huh… yeah, that's definitely the kind of portal that brings you to this world in the first place," noted Sokka, nodding to Knock Out, not failing to catch the disdain in the Cybertronian's voice. He himself didn't know as much about the science portals, but he could at least agree that some of the ones that brought people here were poorly executed… whether it was one that they willingly or accidentally stepped into like Korra or those that forcibly caught someone like his own did, the lack of warning was not exactly great. Granted, he supposed that being suddenly whisked away given the circumstances surrounding the creation of the portal in the first place was better than being told "Hey, your world is ending! Come through here and you'll have another shot in a new world!", but it still wasn't perfect.

Sokka smiled a bit at Knock Out's returned nod and greeting, right before his blue gaze returned to the energy cuffs that he presently wore. He brought a hand up to hold his chin as he pondered over the matter of breaking them off of his wrists, and although he had a few ideas that instantly came to mind, there was still the matter of figuring out the best course of action.

"Well, I've got a couple of tools on me that might be able to disrupt… whatever that ring is made of, but if you could handle waiting for a little while, there's a mechanic in town who's got better tech than I do myself," stated Sokka, glancing back up to meet Knock Out's optics. He didn't know if Jo had met Knock Out previously or not, especially since the Water Tribe warrior only knew the mechanic in the briefest of passing himself, but it was worth a shot, especially if his own jaw blade or space sword didn't work here. "Whether you want me to give it a shot myself or not, I wouldn't mind showing you the way there."
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Hmm...so he wasn't the only one teleported here with a portal, then? From the way Sokka said it, it sounded like it was the norm. So...likely not anything connected to the Autobots or the Decepticons. If there was some plan to teleport people to a 'Gamma X', he'd like to think he was high ranking enough to be 'in the know' about it. And taking creatures away from their usual home didn't sound particularly 'Autobot'y. "Hmm...so this is a usual for this place then? Seems I have a lot to look forward to..." At least until he could get into contact with the Decepticons and get them to pick him up. He'd even take an Autobot, if it would accept him!

Sokka offered to use his own tools to try and break the bonds, but Knock Out shook his head. "These are Stasis Cuffs bound with energon, nothing is going to easily break these...ugh, why couldn't the Autobots just use clamps?!" At least a good amount of force could break those things off! These were tougher... "I think I will have to pay this mechanic a visit..." He was desperate to get these things off. Sokka offered to lead him to the mechanic and he nodded, standing up to his full height. "I'd be very grateful if you could do that for me, thank you."
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:38 am

"Pretty much, yeah," noted Sokka, soon unable to resist a slight smile at the second part of Knock Out's statement. "Like I said, it's a strange place, but it's not a bad one. You'll get used to it." That said, nearly a year later and the Water Tribe warrior was STILL getting used to this world, but he had already adapted for the most part and had definitely come a long way from the first time he stumbled out into the city.

Sokka regarded the stasis cuffs as Knock Out better described them, his brows soon quirking sympathetically at his question of the use of clamps instead. Honestly, something simpler might have made more sense, both for breaking off as well as for binding… after all, sometimes the simpler the mechanism, the trickier it could prove to disable. That much was true of many locks, at least.

Still, the important thing was helping the Cybertronian get his bearings back. "I see… yeah, with these things, that would definitely be your best bet." Returning Knock Out's nod as he stood back up, Sokka motioned in the direction he himself had already been heading, noting, "Hey, no problem. Come on, it's this way."

And thus Sokka began to lead Knock Out towards Jo's Chop Shop. He himself had not actually been inside of it, but he had passed by it quite a few times. Thankfully, they weren't too far out from it, and hopefully, the walk there could help him figure out more of what had happened to the red Cybertronian since he had last seen him.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:34 pm