Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Wandering.

Post by Leo on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:48 pm

Time: Noon
    Date: 07.18.13

This summer was turning out to be a rather odd one. A very mild June that had brought plenty of rain, followed by a now very dry and somewhat cool July. The sky was full of clouds but it had hardly rained in over two weeks. The grass was going to start getting crunchy soon.  He'd probably have to start watering the lawn, well, he was sure that Kat would enjoy running through the sprinkler.

Sadly though there were other things to be worried about other than the lawn. Despite everything he had talked about with Bonkers, other than his first official try in the Sanctuary Leo hadn't actually been out much, or able to see that many people. Unless he actually began to get moving he would never accomplish anything. However, Kev had also been right when he had said that you couldn't force other people to work together. Not that forcing people to work together was Leo's plan. At the most he wanted to simply re-establish connections with the community at the moment. He had so little interaction these days that he doubted anyone would even listen to him. The first step would be establishing connections and strong bonds with other people first, at a natural pace of course. And then he could possibly encourage others to do the same.

Of course this wouldn't work if others didn't want to make connections. But he could hardly force anyone to socialize if they didn't want to. Damn. There really was no easy way to go about this sort of thing. Leo mentally ran through his list of idea's and options once more while continuing to walk down the sidewalk.

Last edited by Leo on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Wandering.

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:43 am

Ain't nothing to do on a Wednesday... Well, besides walk back home after her shift was over.

Noon signaled the midday switch, where Big Z managed the shop until nighttime and she was left to enjoy the rest of the day. It was something he had come up to help lessen the burden on Jo's shoulders but, to be fair, she was more than capable of pulling ten hour shifts six days a week. Still, the thought was sweet and she did kinda miss spending time outside while the weather was nice. And so, with breakfast pail in hand, the mechanic was determined to make the most of her time. Maybe she'll get to fixing a few projects around the house. Or, even better, maybe she can finally finish watching her shows on the telly! Or maybe she can accidentally bump into someone because she was too busy paying attention to a pair of squirrels chasing one another up a tree.

"Oof!" Jo staggered back and held her chest, both surprised and slightly out of breath. "S-Sorry! I really didn't see you there. Are you all ri - Leo?" No mistaking that crop of dark hair, no sir. The mechanic stood there stupidly, caught completely with her pressure suit down. "Uh..." Well! This was certainly a rare occurrence.

Jo quickly blushed and immediately went to picking up her pail, weakly grinning at her clumsiness. "Ehe... Long time no see, Leo! It's, uh, been a while!" Nothing like a little smalltalk, right? Right! The mechanic soon stood back up and tried to play it casual, coughing into a gloved hand. "Sooo... How's Kat and Alex?" she asked, hoping an innocent topic like this wouldn't upset the man. Because, you know, Jo had once killed Leo's sister. Well, technically it was an act of self-defense but still. You don't really forget something like that. Jo was just hoping that Leo didn't hold a grudge, unlike others. There's was only one word to describe this chance meeting.

...Awkwaaaaaaaaaaaard.
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:31 pm

Apparently Jo was not the only one too lousy to pay attention to where she was going. Sorry. Didn't see you there- Jo? It was Jo Pistonne, no doubt about it. She wasn't exactly a person that you could mix up with anyone else. Always had her hair done up in that style and with her overalls on, stained with oil or grease. Ah, but he had made her drop her pail. Sorry about that, nothing damaged is it?

It didn't appear to be, and he certainly hoped he hadn't broken the pail by making her drop it. Kat and Alex? They're doing fine... Nothing had really changed about them, the only thing new was..well..It had been a year since Spy had disappeared. Alex had never exactly been close to his biological father, but the idea that a whole year had passed already. The family had been a little more somber than usual.

How's Zurg? Hopefully that wasn't opening up a can of worms. After all, Leo had been pretty forward with his dislike for the Emperor. Had even been willing at one point to put the Emperor behind bars.

...Awkwaaaaaaaaaaaard.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:07 pm

"Oh no, it's fine! My lunch pail is made of tough stuff." It was a dingy thing, sure. Just an old metal pail that she stuffed food in sometimes. Anyway, there wasn't damage that had already been there in the first place so Jo didn't see any harm in dropping it. "Good to hear that Alex and Kat are keeping you busy," she said while pushing a strand of hair aside. Must be a real handful taking care of a kid -- especially a kid like Kathy. "I think it's real nice that you two are raising a traditional family. I'll have to take notes!" One day, one day...

Leo wrote:"How's Zurg?"
    A million unibuck question if Jo had ever heard one. "Big Z? He's doing pretty well," Jo answered. "He just keeps busy and tries to stay low on the radar. You don't have to worry about him, trust me." No evil schemes brewing in that mind, no sir! But then the mechanic had to frown, crossing her arms as she thought. "But I think he's also taking some more recent happenings pretty hard," she had to admit. There was no way Jo was going to compromise the sanctity of Big Z's private life, so keeping it vague was the name of the game. "I know he tries to act like nothing is the matter, but I know him. When he overworks himself and takes on a bazillion tasks at once, then he's stressed. I'll probably have to issue him a mandatory weekend to take off."

It did make her worry...
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:50 am

Taking notes was she? Planning on adopting sometime Jo? Not that he thought that they shouldn't adopt. Or have any child, it was just the thought of a little evil emperor running around. Though he did suppose Zurg was "retired" and therefore a little evil emperor would be out of the question. As for Zurg staying low,

I'd hope so, i'd hate for the ISO's to get him. They were not nearly as nice as he had been or even currently was. The ISO's would not bargain, the ISO's would throw Zurg in the slammer before he could even turn his head. And what was this? Recent happenings? Zurg stressed? Leo could understand, after everything that had happened.

Yeah, I bet he is, a vacation might be good for him.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Gah, Weo! Ever so blunt... Cue the blush in Jo's cheeks and the mechanic promptly stammered. "W-Well we haven't actually talked about this first!" she tried to explain. Don't get any wild ideas! Besides, Big Z would raise that kid to be a freaking saint. "I mean... We've made offhanded remarks and they're more in passing than anything, but..." You know what, this was more awkward than talking to Sonia's brother. Jo again coughed into her gloved hand, this time with more emphasis, and tried to compose herself with dignity. ...Except she wasn't very capable, like Big Z. "Yes, I would really hate to find the ISOs taking Big Z away in a paddy wagon as well," she continued. The mental image was kinda funny, though. Anyway! Vacations, right. Easier said than done, Leo. "Eh... Big Z and vacations don't really go together. I have a hard enough time getting him to take a single day off." She'll try, of course.

"Ah well... Hey, what brought you out today, Leo?" Jo hadn't really seen the man lately and she really did hope that everything was okay with him. Him and his family! "Me? I just came out of work, so I've got the rest of the day to myself. Unlike Big Z, I'll take a day with a smile on my face and a song in my heart." And what a song it was.
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:16 pm

Well, perhaps that was a little blunt, time off of the force had dulled Leo's sweet silver tongue. Sorry, didn't mean to put you on the spot. Adoption is a big thing to think about after all. He and Alex had adopted early on in their marriage, and while he loved his little girl Leo couldn't help but think that it probably hadn't been the smartest idea. Yes their family loved one another and they had pulled everything together, and nothing in the world would ever make him regret Kat. But he and Alex had still been trying to get use to one another, and obviously there were just some things that they hadn't been ready to whether against, the time they had spent a part only proof of this, and something he greatly regretted making Kat go through.

Honestly? Just trying to get a handle on things again. Been so deep in my own work that i've fallen out of touch with a lot of people.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 pm

"Nah, don't sweat it," Jo casually remarked, dismissing a hand and acting like it wasn't a big deal. Well, it kinda was but it wasn't the most important matter, either. "It's definitely a big thing, yeah. Hey!" Jo then snapped her fingers, blush gone and smile growing hopeful. "If, you know, you and Alex are up to it and all... Would you mind giving Big Z and me a few tips about raising an adoptive kid? N-Not anytime soon, no. Just, uh, whenever the moment presents itself or whatever." Smooth. Again she coughed into a gloved hand, pretending to lightly pat her chest. "Wow. Guess I, uh, ate something the wrong way today!" Real smooth.

Wweh, leave her alone...

Anyway... Jo ceased her antics and listened to Leo's words, a pensive frown replacing her excitement. "Hmm... A lot of us haven't seen either you or Alex lately, and Kat, but it's not like anyone is gonna be mad at that, right? I mean, you two are raising a family in this chaotic place so you deserve some cred." But she could totally understand about being lost in his work and not paying much attention to the things going on around him. Jo was equally guilty of that. "Yeah... I haven't been keeping in touch with some folks, too," she admitted. Hopefully Leo wouldn't feel so bad or disappointed with himself, now. "Things just get a lil'... busy, I guess. I'm either at work or at home, minding my business and trying to stay afloat, you know? Big Z and Lawrence are the ones who venture out and mingle. Me? Eh... I haven't been to the Sanctuary in a while and can't say I'm too bothered by that. The peace and quiet is nice." But maybe Leo wanted to get out and mix with the crowd?

"Well, it's only the afternoon," she observed, looking around for a bit. "I'm sure you'll find some folks in the Sanctuary if you head there now. Maybe that'll help you out, Leo?"
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Jo wrote:"If, you know, you and Alex are up to it and all... Would you mind giving Big Z and me a few tips about raising an adoptive kid?
    Oh, you'd uh..you'd have to excuse Leo, he hadn't meant to give the sudden laugh that he did. Quickly he cleared his throat and moved to placate the other, making sure that she did not think that he was laughing at her. Sorry, sorry. It's just no one has ever asked me about that before. First bit of advice though, make sure that you find out whether or not your kid is a shape shifter. Cause finding out that the dragon that had crashed through the sanctuary was his daughter had almost given him a heart attack. Not that he was mad at Kat for disguising herself as a human rather than actually wearing her real image. It was just..well it had surprised him.

We all get a little busy I guess, but you're right, the current peace is nice. Leo hoped it would last, though he doubted that he would get what he wanted. The sanctuary, might not be a bad idea. It was the best place to mingle after all.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:56 am

Yeah... She'd probably laugh if she were in Leo's place, too. "It's fine. It was kind of a question born out of whim," Jo admitted with a sheepish smile. Hopefully she hadn't sounded too silly or naive. The absolutely last thing she wanted the ex-officer to think was that Jo was a ding-dong. Mom didn't raise no dummy! Just... a tomboyish girl who played with the worms and stomped on puddles after a good rainstorm. "...A shapeshifter?" Oh Cosmos, no. Big Z would never trust her with anything ever again! The mechanic had to laugh a little that time, shaking her head. "Nope! Definitely going to do some research first before adopting a kid," the mechanic agreed. There were so many things to consider - all the things, even! What age, what race, what species; and endless list that Jo couldn't hope to sort out at this point in her life. Someday, though. The conversation had inched away from children and soon Jo crossed her arms, a small Hmm... escaping her throat.

"If you don't feel comfortable with the Sanctuary or something bad happens, I suggest you hold an optional community meeting or start inviting people you trust for some one-on-one time," she suggested. "I mean, it's not like anyone is gonna roast you to a crisp for trying to become approachable, you know? If Big Z does, then promptly let me know. I'll give him some behavioral training in a heartbeat." Jo didn't fool around with keeping her purple ham in line, that's for sure.

Anyway... Jo pulled off her gloves and stuffed them in her back pocket, letting the fingers limp out. "Well," she began, "you're probably a busy man right now and I'm just keeping you up. See you around, Leo! Tell Alex and Kat that we say hello, alright? Best of luck communicating with folks!" And thus the mechanic was off, giving the man a two-fingered salute as she headed for home.

She was getting hungry!

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:58 pm