Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

A Place To Call My Own

Post by Minion on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Time: 8:30 AM
    Date: November 28, 2012

It was with tentative steps that Minion walked up to the Stock Pot Inn. He still threw a few glances around his shoulders to make sure no one was following him, but no one seemed to pay him any mind. To them, he was just another citizen, another human, perhaps new since he looked so confused. He would be lying if he said he wasn't enjoying this sort of anonymity. No one knew who he really was, and he was free to do as he wished. At the moment all he wished for was a room of his own and some food. Perhaps he would return to Sonia's shop with his new form?

The tall young gentleman with messy black hair and light brown eyes strolled into the lobby of the inn, adjusting a black scarf that was wrapped around his neck with a small tinge of anxiety. Again he gave this new form a one over, how odd it was to look like a human! One of the only other times he had ever used this was to pretend to be Megamind for Titan. Considering all that was going on, he didn't get to admire the sight of limbs that weren't robotic. Not to knock the robotic ones of course, for they had their pros as well. He made his way over to the desk, a smile on his face.

"Hi, I'm Mi-" Oh, name! He needed a name! "-Tchell....Fin...ley. Mitchell Finley, I'm new here, and I was told I could get a room here?"
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A Place To Call My Own

Post by Link64 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Over the past few weeks, the older Link had made sure to teach the Hero of Time everything he knew about running the inn. The younger boy had already been very used to helping him out in several regards with tasks ranging from helping him carry things all the way to some of the simpler paperwork for the front desk, but once he had taken on the official title of Assistant Innkeeper, his nametwin had set right to teaching him more of the intricacies of what all taking care of the Stock Pot Inn entailed. By this point, Link, Link, Impa, or Zelda could all help set someone up with a room, and the younger Link was all too happy to do so.

As it stood this morning, after the four Hyruleans had enjoyed their breakfast together as they practically always did, Link was set to get right to work. Whilst Impa and Zelda had taken to setting up more of the security system that the Sage of Shadow had designed, both Link and Link were at the front desk. The two boys had tag-teamed going over different things, including checking older records and running them by their current ones, reviewing budgets for various expenses, and generally making sure that everything was in order after the initial assignments of the morning.

It was a chime from Tatl that first alerted the younger boy to the presence of a new arrival in the reception. He had heard the front door, but as many residents and visitors often went in and out of it during this time of day, he had not glanced up until just before the young man entered the room. Link's ears perked up slightly as he looked to the new face before him, and whilst he was sure that he had never seen this man before in all of his time here, there was the faintest feeling that he might have met someone like him somewhere before.

Maybe it was a lingering effect from seeing so many familiar faces in Termina, but the young hero brushed it aside with barely a moment's thought once the new arrival introduced himself. Link exchanged a glance with his older nametwin before looking back to Mitchell with a smile. "Hi Mitchell! Ah, welcome to the Stock Pot Inn… you can definitely get a room here," greeted Link, nodding to him. He was not able to suppress the inner feeling of excitement at helping their newest potential resident get set with a room, but even so, the younger boy was set to stay as professional as he was friendly. "I'm Link, and this is Link. We have four floors here… have you got a preference of which one you'd like to stay on?"
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:32 pm

It was odd at first having to share a reception with another person but after the first hour, he was quickly getting use to it and now he found that with the younger Link helping out, work was a lot more manageable. It wasn't like he felt overworked before, more like he never realised how much work he himself did alone even with the help of fairies. Very soon the boys fell into the routine of working together and today was no different.

After a hearty breakfast, they were straight to work. It seems like November was a busy month for the inn as not only did they let out four rooms total so far, it looked like they were heading for a fifth!

The chime from the front door and Tatl made Link lift his head from the pile of letters he was sorting. Oh, he'd never seen this guy before and he exchanged a quick glance with Link before he pushed the letters aside and smiled up at the man, trying his best not to grin a bit too much at the way the younger boy had introduced the two of them. Link and Link and they look alike as well. It never cease to amaze and amuse him how similar they are and he figured they must make an curious sight for new tenants from now on.

He waved at the man. "Hello. Welcome to the Stock Pot Inn," he wrote and started pulling out the form for a new room.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:33 am

As he had approached the desk, he looked over the patrons on the other side of the desk. Link and Link! He grinned a bit, remembering when he had seen them before, back when he visited the Sanctuary more often and Megamind had been...different. Surprising to see two boys at the head of the Inn, but he didn't pay it much mind. Not in Portal Breach.

He chuckled slightly at the introductions, mostly due to both boys being named 'Link'. "Well, its nice to meet you two." He bowed to them both at the welcomes. "Thank you both!" A flooring preference, then? Four to chose from...he brought a hand to his chin and rubbed it. "Hmm...which floor has less people? I can take that floor, so we can fill it up a bit more." And also because fewer people to maybe recognize him.

He looked the boys over and decided to have a little fun with this 'being new to PB' thing. "Are you two brothers, by chance?" Though he had also wondered a bit back in the day too, since both were blond, green clad boys named Link.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:57 pm

Just as the newcomer seemed to have a slightly familiar air about him, he also sounded rather familiar to Link. However, whilst he did catch that tone in Mitchell's voice, he did not think on it for now… that passing thought could be filed away for later. Right now, he was far more focused on helping out their newest resident. He smiled and nodded in return at Mitchell's greeting, right before glancing to his older nametwin as he pulled out the proper form for helping set up a new room. His smile brightened a touch, soon turning it right back to Mitchell at his thanks.

Once Mitchell asked about the current capacity of the floors of the inn, Link thought for a moment before answering, stating, "Ah, right now… the third floor has the fewest residents." One of the things that he and Link always made sure to stay on top of were the numbers of open and taken rooms on each of the floors. After all, it helped out with the distribution of new residents regardless of flooring preferences, and even when there was a preferred floor, they were at least able to help spread out their tenants to make sure they all had their own space. As it was… all of the rooms had fairly close numbers right now, but the third floor was just slightly less full than the other three floors. "If that works for you, we can definitely set that up."

As the two young heroes began to help set up a room on the third floor for Mitchell, Link couldn't help but grin at the new arrival's question. Laughing a bit as he exchanged an amused glance with the older boy and Tatl, Link shook his head before turning back to Mitchell. "We might be as close as brothers, but we're not actually related. Link and I are both from the same world, but two completely different times of it. I guess you could say that we're each the Link from our own time."

Link decided to save the newcomer the added confusion of the fact that he and Link technically shared the same spirit despite being two completely different people. After all, that could always be explained at a later time once he got to know them better, and hopefully his own explanation had helped out despite being a slightly more basic version.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Link blinked at being bowed to then jolted and, with uncertainty, slowly returned the gesture, whilst somewhere in his memories, this action usually came along with the sound of a gong sounding either before or after he got the hearts beaten out of him by his swordsmanship teacher, Orca. Thankfully, here in Portal Breach the likelihood of him beaten to a pulp is relatively low provided he didn’t actively went looking for a beating or it wasn’t the end of the world.

A floor with the fewest occupancy? Link thought about it and came to the conclusion the same time his younger nametwin did. Third floor! For some bizarre reason, the middle floors are always a few rooms short when it came to the floors’ total residents. He couldn’t fathom out a reason though since he himself stayed on the third floor and it was perfectly cosy by all standards.

The comment regarding them being brothers made the innkeeper snicker and he caught the other Link’s amused glance with one of his own. He chuckled and shook his head, adding onto his best friend’s explanation with a bit more of his own. “Wearing green is quite common where Link is from and a tradition where I’m from.”

Common was probably an understatement since all in Kokiri wore green and tradition applied for him since all boys on Outset Island must wear Hero’s Clothes on their twelfth birthday though he was sure Grandma never intended for him to wear it for quite as long as he did…

He unlocked the drawer containing the room cardkeys and plucked out a random one from the third floor. Mr. Finley, you are going to be living in room 344! Kindly fill in the form and the room is yours.

Room: 344
    Date: November 28, 2012
    Name: _____________________
    Signed: ____________________
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Mitchell's little bow seemed to get the oddest reaction out of the older Link! He seemed taken aback before he bowed in return. Mitchell elected not to bow yet again and get the same reaction, so he instead smiled at the boy. Sometimes different motions meant different things in other cultures, perhaps in that Link's home universe a bow was something else?

He looked to the other Link as he answered, the third floor then? "That sounds great! Not too high, not too low." He clasped his hands together happily and nodded. "Its works great, for me." No complaints here! Fewest residents, a floor that wasn't the very top or the first floor. The third floor would be perfect for Mitchell Finley.

Both boys seemed amused by his questions and even exchanged a glance, along with one of the Link's little...lights...fairies? Same world, different times? That seemed to be a common theme here on PB. He thought back to his own 'experience' with people of the same name from different times, but quickly shook it off. No, no, that time was over now. This was a new beginning. "That sounds confusing, but it looks like you two don't have any issues with it!" And they weren't identical either, so that might have helped any confusion. As for wearing green, it was common in one's world and a tradition in the other. He grinned and gestured at his own long-sleeved green shirt. "As you can see, I like green myself! I think we'll get along well."

Form wrote:Room: 344
    Date: November 28, 2012
    Name: _____________________
    Signed: ____________________
    He peeked at the cardkey, though focused most of his attention on the form. He grabbed the pen and, concentrating so that he wouldn't make a mistake, signed it with the correct name.

Name: _Mitchell Finley_
    Signed: _Mitchell Finley_

He handed the paper back over to the Links. "Is that all I have to do to get a room?" He definitely had some grocery shopping to do.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:42 am

Link's smile grew further as Mitchell confirmed that the third floor sounded perfect to him. He himself really preferred the top two floors of the inn, and that stood regardless as to the fact that his own Hyrulean family was split between the two of them. All four floors were nice of course, but there was just something about being a little higher up that appealed to the Hero of Time. Maybe it was because he had grown up in a treehouse (literally, a house made out of a tree) and that had been higher up too, but regardless, he just enjoyed that vantage point.

And better yet, since Mitchell was going to be on the third floor along with the older Link, maybe the two of them could get to know him even better! He certainly seemed like a really nice guy, and regardless of the very slight sense of familiarity that Link was getting from him, he did hope that they could become friends.

"It's only little confusing at first," chimed Tatl, bobbing slightly in the airspace between the two boys. "They have a connection and a lot in common regardless of being from the same world, but as you can see, they're clearly two completely different boys." The fact that -- same spirit or not -- the two boys were definitely their own person certainly helped alleviate most of the confusion when they had first met… and even though the Terminian fairy was to this day amused by just how similar they were, she was still able to pick out those differences without any trouble.

"Ha-ha, no, we don't," agreed Link regarding them not having any issues with being so similar. The two of them had more similarities than differences, but no matter what the ratios were, he was still thrilled to have been able to meet the older Link here! He really appreciated Tatl's own explanation… he could explain it himself of course, but she just seemed to have a knack for it. That, and it didn't hurt that she was usually quick on the uptake for the two of them here…

Laughing a bit more at Mitchell's gesture whilst the older Link pulled out a key and the form for a new room, Link said, "I do see! Heh-heh, I think we will too! It's great to have you here, and do be sure to let us know if you ever need anything. We're happy to help in any way we can."

Link watched as Mitchell moved to fill out his name on the form, and with another glance to it once the Hero of Winds took the paper, he nodded to their newest resident, stating, "Yep, that's it! It's really simple. Room 344 is all yours now!"
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Link laughed at Tatl's chime and explanation. Yes they do have an amazing amount of things in common but it was also exactly that which let them bond as friends so quickly. Their common traits also made the differences stand out even more so that they're very easily recognisable once you're passed the initial confusion stage.

He shook his head. Issues? What issues? It was fun having another boy from his world that is so like himself. Whilst they were both heroes of their own times and also now shouldering the responsibilities of managing an inn, being friends with another person who could relate to so many of your own experiences and also almost the same age allowed them to unwind and be well... children again.

The innkeeper grinned and nodded as Mitchell noted his own fondness for the colour green. "We'll get along fine indeed. You should join us at our table for dinner one day when we're eating in the restaurant area!"

They've always got along with their residents but he had a feeling, Mitchell would be ascending the friendship levels fairly quickly. Just a gut feeling he had.

Oh and since the restaurant was mentioned! "If you show the staff your cardkey, you can get free meals as well."
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Minion blinked a few times and quirked a brow as the fairy spoke up. That might take some getting used to, but she...or he...it sounded nice! He nodded in agreement, the boys may have the same name but they had a different look to each of them, and that would help in knowing which Link was which. "When you two are together, do you prefer any nicknames so that there's no confusion about which Link someone's addressing?" Sometimes on Earth, when families or friends had people of the same name, they would use something to make a distinction. Such as using a person's middle name when addressing someone, making up a little nickname, or even the name and an initial of the last name. It was especially common at school, though Megamind and thus Minion's time in school was quite short.

Both boys agreed that they would get along together, Minion smiling even more. It was nice to have his own identity...to not be asked about Megamind. 'Hey Minion, is Megamind okay?' 'Minion, you really shouldn't leave Megamind alone, he could get hurt!'. Nothing was expected of him right now...he had a clean slate. "I'll be sure to call on you two if I need any assistance with anything." He considered the other Link's invitation, it'd be hard to simulation eating for the holographic watch when he had his tank...maybe he could work something out.

"I think I'll take you up on that when I get all settled in!" He grinned. The form was filled, and it seems he was all ready! "I hate to leave you boys already, but I'll go on to the room and get myself settled in there." He did pause to take in what Link said. "Wow...free food too? You guys have everything. Can we take the food back to our rooms or do we eat it in the restaurant area?"
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Link could not help but smile, both at Mitchell's question and the thoughtfulness behind it. Sure, Link and he both had their own titles as the Hero of Winds and Hero of Time respectively, but even so, they never felt the need to use different names when they were around each other. In both of their times, they had each acquired a few nicknames from various people (namely Grasshopper from Romani on his end and Small Fry for the older Link via the Fishmen), but each of those were really set for the person that first came up with the title. Here? Both of them were happy to call each other Link, and there was never really any confusion from Zelda, Impa, or any of their fairies.

"We don't, but thank you for asking!" Link said, shaking his head a little as he replied to Mitchell. It might have been a sensical question, but he still appreciated it nonetheless! "We both answer to Link, and we can usually tell which one of us is being addressed. If it helps though… Link is about a year older than I am."

With that little bit of information given, Link returned Mitchell's smile and nodded to him as he noted that he would be sure to call them if he needed a hand. Their newest resident certainly seemed to be very capable, at least from a first glance, but both boys were more than set to help him if he ever needed anything, and he was certain that the same would extent to Sheik and Impa. it was just their nature, after all.

Nodding happily as Mitchell mentioned that he might take them up on the older Link's offer, Link soon smiled in understanding as the new arrival got set to head up to his room. "That's all right! We just hope you like it here." And a moment later, he soon paused at catching the future Link's written message about the free food here… that was always a bonus of the inn. With an eager nod to Mitchell, Link waved a bit, adding, "Yep! It's all really good, too. And you can do either! Whether you want to eat in the dining area or your own room, it's up to you."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Nicknames? Er... Link's brows wrinkled as he tried to remember if he had any. He hadn't been ask this question or anything similar to it before! And now that he thought about it, it made very good sense to ask something like this since it helped recognise who the talker is addressing. Hum, well there was their heroic titles and they had been called different nicknames from different people in their own world. The older Link had been Small Fry, Page, Waker of the Winds and Goro-Link. The younger Link was Fairy Boy, Grasshopper and wasn't he a sworn brother of a Goron - Darunia! - as well? Huh, seems like that was yet another thing they had in common! Being almost close enough with Gorons to be highly respected by them.

He wasn't too sure if he wanted to be called any of those nicknames by people outside of those who came up with them though. It would be a little strange to run around on Portal Breach and be called Small Fry... Well, there was Kev who called them Spawn but that was the Links and Sheik and not just the one boy.

In the end, he chuckled, appreciated the sentiment but shook his head then nod to the younger Link's words. Yes! They can be Big Link and Little Link.... wait, that's usually associated height and since the Hero of Time was a little taller than him, that might be a bit confusing.

He nodded again as Mitchell started to take his leave. "Make yourself at home!" he wrote quickly with a happy grin. "You can certainly take your food to your room," then with a chuckle he added, "Just don't start stockpiling the plates. We kind of need them downstairs here too!"
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:19 pm

No nicknames or other titles then! Guess that meant the Links either had no last name, or had the same one. It would be hard to make a nickname out of 'Link' anyway, it was already rather short! Linky? Lin? Neither sounded right. Both answered to Link and context made it easy to tell who was being addressed, though it did help to know that the other Link was older! "That helps a lot, thanks!" He smiled politely, glancing between the boys. He couldn't really tell too much of a difference, age-wise, so knowing that the mute Link was indeed older was good!

He grinned a bit as they shared some farewells, something told him he was definitely going to like it here. And score, he could indeed take the food into his room to eat! So long as he returned the plates. "I'll make sure to wash them first!" He gave the boys one more wave, keycard in hand. "Have a good day!" He turned to go up the stairs, to the third floor. To see his new home.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:59 pm

Link grinned as Mitchell confirmed that the simple note regarding the age difference between Link and himself was in fact helpful. He knew quite well by now that for just about anyone meeting and/or seeing the two of them together for the first time, it could be a rather confusing experience… it had been a surreal enough one when they themselves had met! Thankfully though, their newest tenant seemed more intrigued than bemused… that alone made the Hero of Time feel a little special, and added to his sense that they were going to get along swimmingly.

"Ha-ha, thanks," Link chuckled a bit at Mitchell's note about the dishes, right before returning his farewell wave. As Tatl chimed and bobbed her own goodbye, Link nodded and called out, "You too, Mitchell! Take care!"

As Link watched the new arrival head towards the stairs, he soon glanced back to his older nametwin, a slight grin still evident across his features. It had in fact been a very busy month for new tenants, and it looked as though their latest one might just wind up being their nicest one yet!
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Link puffed a little in pride that the age detail helped.  Since the younger Link was in fact taller than himself and thus might give the illusion that he might be the older one, Link is always delighted that people remember that HE was the older one - despite his rounder face (he will grow up to be less cute looking and more mature, he really will!)

The innkeeper grinned and nodded. Yes, Mitchell, bring back those dishes. Rosa the head waitress is not a woman both Links want to get in the bad side of and they could only hope the vast majority of the inn's residents would wisely follow suit.

As the man made his exit, Link too waved, grinning wide enough that the corner corner of his eyes crinkled. When Mitchell was out of sight, he caught Link's glance with one of his own. What a busy month indeed! And what a great way to end it too, with a nice new tenant who was polite and brought back his clean dishes. Seems like they're going to be having most tenants yet for Christmas!

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:43 am