Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: In need of some new threads.

Post by Tally on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Tally cast one last look to Aya before waving farewell. All in good fun. There was hardly a reason to be offended. But oh, she was tired, it had been a long day after all. Stepping out of the shop Tally breathed deeply and stretched again, Rasa was not too far behind her, and once she was done the two began to walk away.

Rasa'Jeqkogoai wrote:"So, what is this about a white dress?"

Oh, hmmmm...Well, that was awkward.

Heh, uhhh, it's a joke between Aya and me. Cause you're suppose to wear a white dress on your wedding. Tally coughed, and decided to change the subject.

I went and talked to Ayalah, you know. She let Rasa process that for a moment. She said that you didn't kill her...
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Oh, so wearing a white dress was the appropriate custom for a wedding. How was something as sacred as faithful union equated to a joke? Rasa'Jeqkogoai still felt he was missing a key piece of this puzzle and his head drooped lower due to increased concentration. Well, he had thought of at least one thing... Could it be true, however? "Are... Are you planning on getting married, Tally?" The Sangheili would have never guessed! Ah, such a well-kept secret if she were. Can't say the warrior knew much about this human ceremony, but he did hope that Tally had a long and fortuitous life with her mate-to-be. "If you are, then may you bear many capable sons who will do your ancestry proud," he spoke. Honorable daughters, too. Soon the talk of coupling was exchanged for another subject, one Rasa'Jeqkogoai felt indifferent of, and the warrior subtly grunted.

Ayalah Levi... The towering wall of muscle halted in his heavy footsteps, mandibles loosely flexing for a moment. There was no point in keeping anything a secret if Tally had already broached this discussion. "Yes, it is true. I did not kill Ayalah, as insulting as her tongue may be, and instead granted her clemency." A decision that the Sangheili hoped he would not come to regret. Continuing his walk down one of the many streets intersecting Portal City, Rasa'Jeqkogoai began to wonder just how much Tally had spoken with the UNSC combatant.

"I presume you have things you wish to say regarding my affairs with Levi?" the warrior inquired. If they were to have discourse, then let them have discourse without unnecessary moratorium.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:05 am

Rasa asked if she was marrying, and if so he wished her the best on bearing children! It was a very sweet sentiment, but the notion itself made her laugh out loud.

Oh god no, I don't really think I could ever get married. Don't really think that it's my thing. Not to mention she already had Ttone, she really couldn't imagine trying to handle another child. The girl was well behaved, truly, but there were moments. Not to mention children required so much work and time!

But more onto the point with Ayalah, Rasa emoted very little at the subject change, choosing to simply shrug at the topic.

Rasa wrote: "Yes, it is true. I did not kill Ayalah, as insulting as her tongue may be, and instead granted her clemency. I presume you have things you wish to say regarding my affairs with Levi?"
    Ayalah sometime ago wrote:"We met a few days ago... and he wasn't far off killing me, but there was no bloodshed.He came to an agreement, one that I had been honoring regardless, But it is acceptable. It was good to see some restraint in him... Though had he not, it would not of bothered me too much either, I deserved it...

Her cares for you, alot. You know that?
    She knew

Why?

She was honestly curious, the other had been ready to kill Ayalah when Tally told him the truth. Something which she had wondered about for days after, knowing she had condemned the other woman. She wasn't saying that Rasa should go back on his decision...she simply wished to know why the sudden change of heart.

She said that you two came to an agreement, can I ask what it was?
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:32 am

So she was not getting married but insisted on joking with Aya about a white dress... Rasa'Jeqkogoai decided to give up on this tangent for now, clearly not a professional when it came to deciphering human teasing. "I... see." Not entirely, but he had given it a worthwhile attempt.

Tally wrote:"Why?"
    An innocent word but the Sangheili knew better.

"And why not?" Rasa'Jeqkogoai effortlessly countered. "You sound surprised that I had not acted predictably." It was true that the Sangheili had no love for Ayalah Levi, yes. He had found her to be a lying, disingenuous heretic whose words she sang whenever they would yield her the most benefit. There was no good in trusting a spy who exchanged honor for self-interest. "While it stands that I do not wish to interact with the spy, that does not mean I will not uphold my own civility," the warrior added in his usual deep voice. "There is no good in becoming close to the woman; her words are hollow and meaningless. Killing her would not have brought me peace." Nor would it have brought back his brothers. This should have been ample explanation enough, yet still Tally wished to know more.

She wanted to know what their "agreement" was, and Rasa'Jeqkogoai once more paused in his awkward gait to stare down at his friend. His eyes were stern, but the warrior had not objected. "It is disrespectful to pry into the personal life of others but I see you will not be at rest until you have your answer," he stated. "I simply told her, Tally, that she is to harm you no more. Be it with her body, her words, or her thoughts; Ayalah Levi is not to harm you or I will carve her deceitful body with my blade."

And do not think he would not enjoy it, either.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:23 am

So the wedding topic was dropped all together, probably for the best. There was much more important things to talk about after all...

Rasa wrote:"And why not? You sound surprised that I had not acted predictably."

Not "predictably", she insisted, trying to find the words. You were just...upset. Really upset it seemed, she knew he wasn't some simple minded brute who could only act through violence. And she never meant to imply that, she was only surprised....because of how much strength it would have taken not to kill the other.

Rasa wrote:"While it stands that I do not wish to interact with the spy, that does not mean I will not uphold my own civility. There is no good in becoming close to the woman; her words are hollow and meaningless. Killing her would not have brought me peace."
    Oh, but Rasa was not done explaining things, and he looked down at her sternly before continuing.

Rasa wrote:"It is disrespectful to pry into the personal life of others but I see you will not be at rest until you have your answer,"
    What?! No that's not what she meant! He didn't have to tell her if he didn't want-

I-!

Rasa wrote:"I simply told her, Tally, that she is to harm you no more. Be it with her body, her words, or her thoughts; Ayalah Levi is not to harm you or I will carve her deceitful body with my blade."

Oh. She said, her eyes locked on the ground, her face red and hot, her throat sore and dry.

Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:41 am

Of course he had been upset. That filthy mongrel dared to assume that she could be successfully assimilated into Sangheili culture despite all of the atrocities committed in the Human-Covenant war. It was laughable! No, moronic! "It would have been fitting to silence that blasphemer's tongue for good, but the consequences proved too significant. If I hoped for a respectful position at your workplace and desired to be under your charge, then I could not outright slay my coworker without facing the inevitable aftermath of my actions." It would have made Tally's life harder to manage and what friend would the Sangheili be if he did such a selfish thing? "I need you to understand, Tally, that my people do not deserve such insults after everything that had happened. You do not see me trying to mimic human culture, after all. I know my place; Ayalah Levi did not." And therein lied Rasa'Jeqkogoai's issue with the human spy.

But what was this? Tally's face reddened and her voice grew meek. Was it something he had said? "What is the matter?" asked Rasa'Jeqkogoai, concerned. "If something is the matter, then please voice it. You have a right to." Was it because of Ayalah?
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:08 pm

Rasa wrote:"It would have been fitting to silence that blasphemer's tongue for good, but the consequences proved too significant. If I hoped for a respectful position at your workplace and desired to be under your charge, then I could not outright slay my coworker without facing the inevitable aftermath of my actions. I need you to understand, Tally, that my people do not deserve such insults after everything that had happened. You do not see me trying to mimic human culture, after all. I know my place; Ayalah Levi did not."
    She understood, she did. She understood, Rasa would not give his people such an insult, and what was more he had done it for her as well. To enter into her workplace without any bad blood and be able to work.

It was a little much,

Rasa wrote:"What is the matter? If something is the matter, then please voice it. You have a right to."
    Tally rubbed her face red, No, everythings fine. She sniffed and looked up at him, eyes a little glossier than normal but still dry. Without a word she punched him playfully in the shoulder. Just, thanks is all.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Her punch came off playful and more lighthearted than anything, but still Rasa'Jeqkogoai wondered if something was troubling her. Was it normal to say everything is fine while your face was red and eyes glossed over? He decided not to make things more uncomfortable for his friend and instead dipped his head respectfully. "You are welcome, Tally. It was the least I could do, given the circumstances of this odd world." Was everything fine...? Perhaps he will never truly have an answer, and the Sangheili knew better than to linger on the unknown for too long. He returned his gaze forward and resumed walking down the concrete path, mandibles tightening. "Ah well. I assume you learned all you needed from Ayalah Levi during your talk with her?" Rasa'Jeqkogoai spoke up, striking new conversation. He really was not interested in what that spy had to say - nothing worthwhile, he opined. Just more filler and nonsense as expected from her questionable background.

"She spoke little to me; that is my personal preference. The less I have anything to do with her, the better. I can only hope that working alongside the spy will not prove... troublesome for you." Rasa'Jeqkogoai may try to honor his promises as best he could, but even the Sangheili was not above flying into a rage should Ayalah Levi say one indecent word his direction. Would he cave her skull in on the spot? No, but he will do the best verbal equivalent possible.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:02 am

No, everything was fine actually. She was just a little touched by the others concern, and no she was not going to cry. Everything was fine.

Rasa wrote:"You are welcome, Tally. It was the least I could do, given the circumstances of this odd world."
    She nodded, grateful for what the other had done. Rubbing her face one more time she resumed walking with him. Learned some things,

Rasa wrote:"She spoke little to me; that is my personal preference. The less I have anything to do with her, the better. I can only hope that working alongside the spy will not prove... troublesome for you."
    Ah, well time to put some of Rasa's worries to rest. She actually won't be working with you. She's decided to resign, probably to avoid conflict and to try and find herself. At least the other wouldn't have to worry about conflict in the work place.

Last edited by Tally on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:09 am

"Learned some things?" the Sangheili repeated. Hmm, like what? His question was on the tip of his mandibles until Tally came forth with a piece of information Rasa'Jeqkogoai found worthy enough to digest. "Ah, so she will not be working with me. I should not have expected anything more." From a spy. How fitting of Ayalah to flee into the shadows and keep what remained of her mismatched past, rather than to face reality for what it was. The Human-Covenant war was no more, they were both useless remnants of their respective factions, and she was most certainly not an honorary Sangheili. Distasteful! The soldier roughly shrugged those massive shoulders of his, muscles tensing beneath. "Hmph. I will not look a blessing in its mouth," Rasa'Jeqkogoai stated bluntly. "If she has chosen to resign her post, then so be it. Her decision will not impact my livelihood."

And hopefully not Tally's, as well.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:38 pm

She said she wanted you to have the work. Rasa would certainly have his hours worked out for him now. Which might not actually be a bad thing, after all, more hours meant more money, more money meant being able to buy more things. Ah, but wait, speaking of his "livelihood."

That reminds me, you've been staying in the forest haven't you? Is that going to be a problem for you with work? Or are you going to find a place in the city to stay? Living in the city would probably make walking to work much easier, not to mention it would save time. Unless Rasa didn't mind the walk, after all it wasn't like he HAD to move to the city. Not if he didn't want to.

He honestly could do whatever he wanted, provided he would be able to get to work on time.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Rasa'Jeqkogoai, again, did not put much worth in anything Ayalah said. She was a liar and that was all. "Yes, I have kept primarily to the woods while living off the land. It is a peaceful existence," he answered. However, Tally was correct: would the Sangheili's choice of habitat prevent him from coming to work on a timely basis? Living in the city... It had been a thought in passing, yes. But was Rasa'Jeqkogoai ready for that step? "I... have contemplated moving to this city, as it has many things on hand that I could need." Like food, water, medical supplies and other necessities not always found out in the forest or grasslands. "But even if my mind was set on moving here, I would not know where to start. For as long as I have been here, a citizen of Portal Breach, this world is still very foreign to me." There was also the fact that Rasa'Jeqkogoai may not have the funds available to purchase such a place.

"If I were to move to Portal City so that I my work for you will be easier, where should I stay?" the warrior asked his friend. Would Tally know of a good place to live for someone who didn't know his way around?
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:39 am

Ah, so she HAD been right. He had been living in the woods for some time. Well, it wasn't like she couldn't see the appeal of such a set up. Peace and quiet, far away from any drama that might arise in the city. It could just make things a pain if you had work in the city. Ah, but it seemed like Rasa was already following her train of thought.

He just...didn't know where to start. It was honestly like dealing with a new arrival, which was not BAD, it's just that Tally was honestly caught off guard that in all of his years living here....no one had ever mentioned anything to him. Surely he saw more people than just her...right?

The best place to start would be the Stock Pot Inn, I use to stay there, it's really nice. Not to mention it's free, you can find it further in the city, a little guy by the name of Link runs the place. There's also the grounds keeper, Impa, she's pretty cool.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:42 pm

No, no one had told him in great detail and he really didn't interact with many people aside from Tally. Rasa'Jeqkogoai had never seen a reason to. "The Stockpot Inn?" It went without saying that the Sangheili had never heard of such a place before. However, it was an establishment that was apparently free of charge and Tally recommended it. If there was anyone's opinion he could trust, it was surely hers. "If I were to stay at this Inn, how far away is it from your shop?" Rasa'Jeqkogoai inquired. The more information he had on hand, the better he could plan his routes and understand this city better. It would be a start, right? The names Link and Impa were unfamiliar to the soldier, but he was in no place to form an opinion on either. "Hmm..." A free place to stay while Rasa'Jeqkogoai worked on getting his affairs in order.

"I would like to check this Inn," he decided. It would be foolish to say he wanted to live there now, as he hadn't inspected it with his own two eyes, but Rasa'Jeqkogoai was more than willing to give it a try. Sleeping on a bed was far better than resting on the harsh dirt...
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:54 am

Only person you really interacted with was Tally? Rasa, you poor, poor,poor sap. The stock pot inn? It's not that far away from the shop, maybe 30 minutes at most? And that's if you're walking, if you were catch a trolley or a bus it would be even quicker. Certainly closer than living on in the forest. Not to mention it's got free food.

And who didn't like free food?

You really should, Tally said in response, Just tell them you're a friend of mine, and if you need any help i'd be happy to lend a hand. It was the least she could do after all, for her friend.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:10 pm