Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

In need of some new threads.

Post by Tally on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:08 pm

Time: 2:00 PM
    Date: June 3rd, 0004

Work had gone rather well, all in all. Rasa took to his new occuptation fairly decently in Tally's opinion, though, there would still be things that he would have to be taught. Still things that he would have to get use to. It was also somewhat disappointing that the other felt very little desire to take care of Cecil and Sheila, and had stated that he wanted nothing to do with them. And that, while disappointing, was fine. After all if Tally were to really be honest the plants there were really just her own project, they weren't even really something that concerned the shop.

Hm.

When she got back she would have to take Zurg aside and tell him that he no longer had to take care of Cecil or Sheila. She was sure that he would be thrilled.

Alright, here we are. Tally said to Rasa and opened the door to the shop. Aya?
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Re: In need of some new threads.

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:51 pm

A good afternoon, to be sure. He now had a job, there was the prospect of money, and soon he will be able to purchase goods and be a dutiful citizen to society. It truly was a good day to smile, if he could. Tally was now guiding him to Aya's shop, the seamstress who was more than likely to make him some new clothing. He... wasn't sure how to make such a request but Rasa'Jeqkogoai kept his doubts to himself. Today was a joyous occasion! No more concerns or nay-saying. "Thank you." The sangheili tipped his head, grateful at Tally's gesture, and stooped beneath the door to head inside. It was... a cozy establishment. There were several mannequins, none really meant for his body type, but Rasa'Jeqkogoai would not let that distress him.

He stood at the side and remained quiet, appearing very awkward. ...What had Tally said about him? Good things, Rasa'Jeqkogoai hoped. The Sangheili didn't want to be a great disappointment. Maybe Aya will be pleasantly surprised?
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:16 pm

“Hmmmm~hm~hm~hm~hmmmm~hmhmhm~” hummed the furry tailed employee of the Victorian Lily vacuumed the fitting rooms’ floor and trying to distract herself from how darn loud the machine was. Her flattened ears lifted themselves from her hair, twitching as the angle made the machine that tiny, tiny bit much louder. She stopped her humming, tapped the machine’s on/off switch with the toe of her shoe then turned to stare out the fitting rooms.

Unfamiliar voices... no wait, wasn’t that one Miss. Tally’s voice? And there’s another voice too....GASP! CUSTOMERS!

“Ah! Ah! Um! Can’t leave this sitting in the middle of the floor...” flailed the squirrel in mild panic before she quickly unplugged the vacuum cleaner and put it neatly in one of the empty fitting rooms, closing the door behind her.

“Hello Miss. Ta....lly...” started and trailed off Xiao as she dashed out to greet the customers. She blinked and regarded the...the... actually Xiao wasn’t sure what the being next to Miss. Tally was. “Um... er...I’ll get Miss. Aya...”

Then the squirrel turned and bolted for the back room of the store. “Miss. Aya! Miss. Tally is at the front with...with...a GUY!”

He was a guy, right?
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Aya while Xiao Xiao vacuumed and tidied up was checking the rolls of fabrics to make sure they remained in their tip-top quality condition and were not being plagued by rips or tears. Quietly humming onto herself as she checked them one by one taking notes and taking out ones that unfortunately gained a rip or tear to see how much of it needed discarded. Checking down inventory she paused as a certain squirrel demon assistant came into the room calling for her and informing that dear Tally was here...with a MAN?

She never saw that one coming.

But this was something she had to see with her very two own eyes, of course. "Yes, yes. Thank you, Xiao Xiao. You can stay back here if you like or come back out to the front." Setting down the clipboard, she begun to hurry back towards the front, pushing past the curtain seeing Tally and her...beefy-beef man friend. Good gracious, he was enormous! Looking to Tally, her eyes slowly glided to Rasa and she felt an eyebrow starting to creep up in questioned before she shook herself. "Oh, ah. Hello Tally, what brings you and your friend here? Isn't it a little late for spring now?" It certainly didn't look like Tally had been kicked either, hmm how very interesting.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:58 pm

The sound of vacuuming, so someone was here then. The sound stopped abruptly and Xiao appeared in front of them. Hi there Xiao, she waved to the small squirrel demon. She seemed a little put off at Rasa and then told them she would go to get Aya before bolting out of the room. There was some talking in the other room, and then Aya walked in.

Aya looked them over,
    Aya wrote:"Oh, ah. Hello Tally, what brings you and your friend here? Isn't it a little late for spring now?"

What?

Tally raised an eyebrow..what the heck was she even..oh. That. Tally gave Aya the eye and decided it was best to move on to the formal introductions. Aya, this is Rasa, but you'd already figured that out hadn't you? Rasa this is Aya.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:52 pm

What was that noise? Out of habit one of the Sangheili's hands rested upon the butt of his plasma rifle, Rasa'Jeqkogoai at the ready should anything happen. But nothing resulted from that strange noise except... a young woman; a woman who was distinctly not human. He eyed her, fluffy tail and all, before slowly letting his hand slip off his weapon. "Greetings, I am - " and then Xiao Xiao proceed to hastily excuse herself and vacate their immediate premise. "..." Well, that could have gone much worse. The Sangheili felt his mandibles furl and unfurl, a few thoughts coming together. Had this been a good reaction or...? With a startling rustle entered the seamstress, undoubtedly Aya, and Rasa'Jeqkogoai cut his musing short. The way she initially looked at him managed to get a low, discomforting growl out of the warrior.

For now he let Tally start with the introductions, but he had to make one thing perfectly clear. "My name is Rasa'Jeqkogoai and I have journeyed to your shop for new clothes," the Sangheili elaborated, voice gravelly and denoting a sense of military rigidity.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:15 pm

Perhaps staring at Rasa like he was the biggest, beefiest puzzle that the Breach had to offer was exactly polite but the only other extremely large man she ever really encountered was Zurg. And Zurg lacked well...extreme muscles. Though Zurg's mischievous nature must have been rubbing off on her because guess who was getting a Tally grade stink eye? One vampire was. Naughty, naughty. Fluttering he eyes like the picture of innocence, she gave a genuine closed mouth smile before returning Rasa's vaguely military greeting with her own."Hello Rasa'Jeqkogoai, I am Aya Valentine and I am quite glad to have you here for your clothing needs." She folded her hands together and flitted her gaze over to Tally again, a small smile at the spring joke popping up before she returned to her more professional demeanor.

"Before I get started. Is there a particularly type of clothing you desire? I do regret to inform you that I sadly will not be able to craft a suit of armor if that is what you later wish for. I am gifted but not in mechanics or metal crafts." Aya was only a seamstress, though considering how advanced the Breach seemed to be it made her wonder if she would ever expand the craft. She could make the most fashionable space suits you would ever see in your life.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Poor Rasa, Xiao was a bit of the skittish type wasn't she? Didn't even let you get out a proper greeting. Well in her defense you did have a lot of teeth and you were very big. She patted the other comfortingly on the arm. There there Rasa, it wasn't your fault that you were the equivalent of a walking tank. Take pride in your physique! You very very cut physique. As for Aya, Tally would continue to give the stink eye so long as you continued to not be funny.

She examined one of the nearby outfits, taking in the details. Sadly there wasn't much she could help out with right now, this hashing out of what Rasa would need clothes wise would really have to be left up to he and Aya. Tally could give recommendations and advice, but in the end she really didn't know much about making clothes. And only Rasa could really ever know what he would be comfortable in.

At her armor comment though Tally had to snort. He's working for me Aya, I doubt armor is going to have to be something you need to worry about.

then again...
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:59 pm

When the subject of armor came up, Rasa'Jeqkogoai dutifully shook that elongated head of his. "That will not be necessary," he replied, tone matter-of-fact. "I am simply here for civilian clothes and nothing more." Now, what did he desire? At first the warrior thought to ask for something modern - something one would typically wear while traversing the long and silent halls of a Covenant ship. He then realized that asking for such a thing was tasteless. His culture was so much more proud than that; it did not just represent military doctrine and fighting prowess. This was an opportunity that mustn't be squandered and so Rasa'Jeqkogoai considered these next words well. "I would like something that embodies my people - their culture. It is to be humble and not made of lavish materials." He was no Kaidon! But, then again, his rank truly meant nothing here, either.

"I hail from the city-state, Jeqkogo; our ways are modest and uniform." Were modest and uniform. The Sangheili paused at that and tried not to let such thoughts disrupt him. "If it is not too much to ask and not too egregious for you, Tally, I would like to request nothing more than an ordinary waist cloth. I believe there is a segment in Earth's history, your ancient Egyptians, who wore what was known as a Shendyt." The concept was very similar.

Would either be accepting of this request?

Spoiler:

Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Pretty Boss (Miss. Aya) wrote:"Yes, yes. Thank you, Xiao Xiao. You can stay back here if you like or come back out to the front."
    Xiao exhaled a little in relief then felt a little bad for doing so. The man was with Miss. Tally and Miss. Tally was nice! So in turn, her friend must be nice too! Right, Xiao! You should be better! What if a customer came in looking just as tough and Miss. Aya wasn't here? Turn them away because you're scared?

But....well... he was rather TALL and built like he could twist squirrels limbs around like putty - probably with only two fingers too!

She sucked in a breath, wrung the pockets of her work apron and bit her lip. Next time! She'll do better next time. Not today. After her skittish exit, she can't possibly walk back out so quickly without her face burning with shame. Um... yeah...she'll just continue the fabric check in Miss. Aya's stead.

[[Sorry for the delay! Been very busy and exhausted. Will continue to be so for the next wee while. This shall be Xiao's last post in this thread.]]
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:19 am

My, my what a stink eye but Aya had a good long time to be not fall pray to precious little Tally's eye stinks. Good gracious, maybe Zurg's more mischievous outbursts were starting to rub off on her if she was starting to find little looks to be so amusing now. Or her olden age was just making her particularly feisty as of late but that was an option that was doubtful. She hummed at Tally's comment, noting that very unladylike snort but let it pass as armor apparently wasn't desired from her. "Works for you? Good to see you have someone present to make sure you do not become plant food. But no armor suits me nicely, cloth is far more malleable than metals in my opinion." Good, she didn't dabble where needle and thread could dare not tread. But Rasa's further insistence that all he desired were in fact clothes left her consider where exactly she had left her extra large measuring tape for those all too beefy figures.

But as Rasa and Tally had trekked all this way to have a consultation about what could be done and what she would do. A more customized or meaningful order was rare but something interesting to see what one desired. Aya gave Rasa her respectful silence and rapt attention as he begun his requests for his garments. Modest materials, humble those were tricky considering she was fond of the fashions but certainly this request was something to perhaps keep his people alive to him. However the simplicity of a waistcloth, just a waist cloth left the vampiress wondering if her services were needed. Simple was...hard for her. But maybe she could aim simply but with a little flair.

"No, no. Certainly no problem. You wish to have something that reflects your people. A task that can be completed, without hassle at all." She would just have to look up a Shendyt and perhaps ways to make it a little more refined rather than looking akin to tossing a bedsheet about his waist. Hum, indeed she would have to start looking through books and sketching out a possible design or sewing mock ups but there was a tiny matter to deal with first. "Before any garment can be fastened, your measurements will need to be taken. If you have any unneeded and excessive materials and or armor, you may want to remove them. For the sake of accurate measurings, of course." Strip time for the sangheli, oh boy what a lucky day for Tally, right~? The draculina waited patiently for a response of affirmation before going to find that extra large tape measure.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:48 am

Tally snorted, as if she'd become plant food. She'd been taking care of both Sheila and Cecil for years and never been actually eaten. Though, she did understand the concern that others could have for her situation. As Rasa had explained to he earlier, the plants really only relied on her for food, they didn't have loyalty for her like her friends did.

Rasa wrote:"I hail from the city-state, Jeqkogo; our ways are modest and uniform. If it is not too much to ask and not too egregious for you, Tally, I would like to request nothing more than an ordinary waist cloth. I believe there is a segment in Earth's history, your ancient Egyptians, who wore what was known as a Shendyt."

Wait, waist cloth...as in shirtless?

Uh... Not to knock on the culture of others, but Tally was a little conflicted. While her store had not set dress code, other than their aprons, she wasn't sure if she was actually allowed to let the other walk around topless. Y-You're people really didn't wear shirts? Not even something like shawls? Not anything?
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:58 pm

It would seem that Tally and Aya had... history; one that Rasa'Jeqkogoai knew nothing about. Playful remarks were exchanged between both women and the Sangheili tried his best not to intervene. Xiao Xiao had excused herself and stayed out of sight, idly having the warrior ponder about unsettling differences. Hopefully this was not a mistake... Nevertheless, the seamstress addressed Rasa'Jeqkogoai and stated that this request was indeed doable. "Excellent," remarked the warrior, tone concise. "I look forward to the finished product." And he was assured, mind you, that the finished product will be made of nothing but quality material. Now, Aya required measurements and the Sangheili will not deny her.

Thinking nothing of it, he proceeded to start stripping bits and pieces of his armor upon this very spot. First he set down his helm, long fingers then occupying themselves by removing his forearm guards. The process will not be hasty. "I do not object to measurements," Rasa'Jeqkogoai said, placing both guards besides his helm. "If it is necessary for accuracy, then so be it." The more he removed, the more his skintight under-armor could be seen. It was nothing more than a dark grey mesh, form-fitting and meant to be worn beneath his armor.

Tally wrote:"Y-You're people really didn't wear shirts?"
    Hmm? There was a chilly hiss as Rasa'Jeqkogoai unbuckled his chest piece, the cumbersome unit weighing even his muscular arms down. He, too, set it aside and went about his business. "We primarily wear armor, various ranks allowed certain modifications to their sets," he elaborated. "Our ancient ancestors wore humble waist cloths and our females do not possess protruding mammary glands as do humans. Shirts, as you call them, are not mandatory for my kind." Why did Tally ask?
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Aya stood quite innocent to what Tally could be so bothered about when it came to the matters of the possibility of Rasa's people going shirtless. It looked the Draculina wasn't the only prude in the room~. Deciding now was the time to find that tape measure, she wandered over to the reception desk, opening the drawer then closing it before shifting papers atop of it to reveal the big boy of tape measures. "Why thank you, I am delighted and honored to be part of something such as this. I truly hope the finished product pleases you." Unrolling the measure a little ,she kept her eyes plastered to the Sangheli's head as he began to drop his armor bits right where he was. Well...he was quick about it, now wasn't he? "Hum, hum. That is very reasonable of you." As long as he ept something on,she wasn't going to complain, just stare right at his head for a long, long while.

However she shifted her gaze to Tally as the explanation of why Rasa's people wore what they wore in older times and why there were no shirts, not even for females. Lack of the mammary glands, another odd topic with two or rather three females with said glands. The more you know, she supposed. "It seems that the vastness of space allows for a greater differences culture and clothing. But it is a very interesting thing to learn, learning about others is a very fascinating thing." Shirts in her eyes were a fashionable must for all species if allowed within reason. But now Tally had to answer the wonderful question of 'why' and now Aya was waiting for the answer from her friend.

But Aya also had a sudden realization as well, she found working in near silence a little discern so she made her way over to the radio perched between two potted lilies and began to fiddle with it. No sooner she had turned a few knobs and what have you the soft, gentle and soothing sounds began to creep from the radio. Completely straight faced about the choice of music, the vampire stood up and awaited the alien male to finish stripping himself of armor.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:23 pm

It was less a matter about being a prude and more a matter about what could be allowed by the laws that governed the mall. Most laws, at least back in her own world, had demanded that workers at least wear clothes. Most places had a strict "no shirt, no shoes, no service" rule. Though, the shoes rule would be broken soon as well, as far as she knew Rasa did not wear shoes, and had never worn shoes at all.

Rasa wrote:"We primarily wear armor, various ranks allowed certain modifications to their sets. Our ancient ancestors wore humble waist cloths and our females do not possess protruding mammary glands as do humans. Shirts, as you call them, are not mandatory for my kind."

Oh. I see. Well, that made sense then. Their culture was different, their anatomy was different, therefore their clothes as well were very different. Well, I guess you'll be wearing your apron, so it won't be as big of a deal. At least not as big as she had thought it would be in the beginning.

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:54 am