Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0


    Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Share
    avatar
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 133
    Join date : 2013-02-08
    Location : I do not know
    Level : 25

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Guin on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:46 am

    A plan was starting to form - excellent. The Leopard Warrior had nothing else to add, for everything that needed to be spoken had already been. New faces pledged themselves to this noble endeavor and those who were attentive enough to suggest rest were veterans of disaster and planning. Indeed, there was little he could contribute without appearing redundant or dull. The Leopard Warrior could, however, offer his own, unique opinion. First there was the matter of Hakubi's hovering fortress. "Your transport will more than suffice," he said to the pink-haired scientist. An incredible creation... How did she happen upon it? the Leopard Warrior wondered. It vaguely reminded him of... something. He knew not what. Banishing the fleeting thought for now, he continued, "We would be honored to use Ryo-Ohki, Washu Hakubi." It seemed big enough to shuttle a capable number of individuals.

    Aya wrote:"As it stands, you all must be greviously tired and hungry. Aside from planning what to do and bring. Resting up before anything is best."
    "Agreed," the Leopard Warrior nodded. "Take enough time as you can allow, but do not tarry; time is not our ally. I also suggest that you pay a visit to Chnotli's goods. She may have something useful for each of you, if you can part with the coin." Not everyone may be a warrior or soldier, but many in this group had a strong heart. They will need to take whatever they could in order to face the horrors that awaited them in the distant, faraway lands.
    avatar
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 1549
    Join date : 2010-10-18
    Location : Kc'nsst taa As'traakk
    Level : 46

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Prixlezub on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:38 pm

    At the loud meow, Max turned his head to look upwards, brow raising as he saw the ship that was Ryo-Ohki. Interesting vessel if the man had seen one. Quite impressive to the Ss'ruul as well from their reactions, intimidating as well given how many gathered their children and suddenly raised their spears. Though the man's attention piqued when the refugees mentioned that their wares were open to purchase.

    "Ah, thank you. I will have to pick up something for my friend." He said graciously. When Xlotlchuque directed them to Viirdun, the man left the group to follow the brightly colored Ss'ruul. Ooh, what possible intriguing trinkets awaited them at Chnotli'ss' home! Perhaps something shiny, or maybe a few interesting tribal foods and tonics for them to try...

    Max was a man of simple interests, as one could plainly see.

    However, he had to pause, turning about and looking to the one called the Leopard Warrior once more. "My friend I mentioned earlier, I'm going to fetch him after buying a few things. Will we still be meeting around here, or is there going to be a new point once everyone gets situated?" He asked, unsure. He did not want to drag his friend all the way out here just to find that the Ss'ruul decided to move on to another ground. It would be confusing for both parties if their big and tough warrior did not appear.
    avatar
    Arro
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 931
    Join date : 2009-05-07
    Location : Ghosting
    Level : 52

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    570/570  (570/570)
    Stamina Bar:
    104/104  (104/104)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Arro on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:55 am

    A new people came. People with strange yet familiar tongues composed of hisses and growls. Covered with scales of varying colour, with sharp narrowing heads and even narrower eyes. But these were no drai. These were purely reptilian in scent and anatomy. Yet they stood upwards like men, and brandished spears, tools, implements, carts, livestock and other heralds of a bipedal and creative race. Yet they were effects and features unknown to him, merely cast in the familiar form of a people adrift and searching for succor.

    It was an almost alien sight to the breach. A people out of time entering the back alleys of the outer district of a massive technological city hive. The contrast was as brash as the red of his skin against the forest green. It reminded Arro of the mass exodus of edmr from the open wilderness towards bastion cities. People harried by slavers and warring civilizations. Those edmr were hard, with well maintained guns, sharp blades and sharper wits. The beings here seemed similarly honed. And quickly met the onslaught of civilian interests with wary looks and raised spears.

    Arro alighted upon the nearest roof, having caught the scene while passing overhead. He looked down upon the settling camp with wide eyes beaming curiosity. Their amber gaze landed on every speck of matter the people had brought with them, analyzing every new detail of the mysterious travelers with the reverence deserved of seeing and experiencing something entirely new and unique.

    With remarkable restraint, he managed to confine himself to the roof. Landing amid a crowd of woman, children and warriors in the state they were in would not be a good idea. No matter how pure his intentions may be. He'd stay up here for now, watch, and wait. As he was so often forced to do.

    Just as curious, he found. Were some of the people who approached the warriors. Many he'd never seen before. There were unknown edmr of contrasting origins, but the most unusual by far was the character with the heavily muscled body of a man and what appeared to be the head of a big cat. He dressed scarcely in the garb of a man acquainted with the wilds. And emerged from within the ranks of reptilian men to explain the situation. Apparently their guide into the city.

    "Their kind is at war and the casualties are staggering. You may not have heard of this grim news because your city is removed from the rest of the world's dealings."

    "I led them here from the swamps in hopes of saving this tribe from the recent bloodshed in the marshes. If there is a safer place on Portal Breach in the given moment, then I know not of it."


    With this news revealed, everyone present began to offer their assistance. Arro was heartened by seeing such generosity in strangers. Especially considering none of them knew what these travelers were up against. One more unusual sight tossed among the many.

    Another round of questions, and here come the answers. From the obvious leader of the caravan. The tallest and keenest of eye, and blackest of scales.

    He introduced himself and each of his nearby fellows by name, then named their city, and named their enemy. The leopard warrior in passing gave the name of their race. Names were all that were given though. It seemed by the manner in which they were mentioned, whatever drove these people from Tz'tchotlan was as nearly a mystery to the Ss'ruul as it was to their would-be-helpers.

    Finally, as plans begun to form, Arro found he could not remain removed any longer. He was interested in the Ss'ruul, their enemy the zsssh'rr-gun and what he may do to help. So many people seemed to have more to offer than he, ships for transport and knowledge of the city, but fighting, fighting was something in which he could always make himself useful.

    Arro eyed an open patch of ground, away from the people and items of potentially breakable quality. He jumped upwards, catching the air in parasol appendages and wheeled down with as little din as he could manage. Landing in a light cat-like crouch. He rose out of it casually, stepping into a non-threatening body posture. Wings folded away, ears at rest, crossed leaning limbs and face placid.

    He addressed both Xlotlchuque and the Leopard Warrior in an all encompassing sweep of the eye, dipping his horned head, then delivering his words in a rumbling, rasping, dual toned voice. He hoped for acceptance. He found a growing itch in his talons, an itch to fight whoever would cast out and wantonly kill these people. He was interested to see these enemies for himself. He wondered at their purpose, and if there was reason to their war making.

    "Xlotlchuque, Leopard Warrior, I am Arrogath."

    He rose from his draconic bow, once more raising his head atop the pillar of his tall scale-plated neck.


    "Is there anything I may do to assist? I observed you entering the city and have known similar hardships. I would do what I can to return you to your homeland".


    Last edited by Arro on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:23 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : slaying spelling and grammatical errors)
    avatar
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 206
    Join date : 2011-02-24
    Age : 32
    Location : Stockpot Inn: Room 307
    Level : 40

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Ariana Lee on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:59 am

    ??? wrote:"Myaaaaa!"

    Ariana turned her gaze upward towards the odd sound, and her gaze found a...pointy ship. A...spaceship? This must have been what she had referred to, but now she was curious. Had the ship made that sound, or something inside of it? This would be their transportation then? "Thank you." Would be much preferred to walking, though she would walk where she had to. Xlotlchuque offered them a chance to browse whatever they may have, which could come in handy! They had shamans, perhaps they had some magic! The coral one left, Ariana watching as they went. She took out her wallet and peeked inside, she might not have much but perhaps she had enough to get something? She held off from following as Xlotlchuque seemed to smile at her comment. A very...sharp smile.

    Ariana smiled back. "Certainly more interesting then how we earn our names. They are bestowed on us once we are born, two names given and one name passed on because of family. Some names have a meaning, but most of the times names are given just for how pretty it may sound." To earn a name would be nicer, though what to be called during the earning? 'You over there'? She gave a nod of her head and went to where the coral one had gone. If she could buy something useful for this trip, she wouldn't mind it at all. In her head, she made a checklist for herself, of what to get and what to do before leaving. Though Max had asked a rather good question...and then a dragon appeared.
    avatar
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 485
    Join date : 2009-08-01
    Age : 186
    Location : ....?
    Level : 48

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Aya Valentine on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:14 am

    Well this was shaping up much better than the Ss'ruul has anticipated it would, they were keen to wait and see before getting hopes too high. The inquiry session seemed more or less over, leaving them to gander at wares of these exotic folks. More importantly they were sending off scouts to make haste towards a more suitable refuge during until the war against 'They-who-slither' was ended. The scout was off, vanishing into almost into thin air leaving a awed vampiress who found that these lizard folk just got more and more interesting.

    Their reaction to the Cabbit ship was well, interesting too though perhaps more logical given how they touched upon being less technology drive and more land-humble. An admirable way to live none the less. Aya rocked on her feet, ever so slightly for a moment before nodding solemly towards Xlotlchuque as he made light of his presence along with others would not be so. "I understand. You need not worry. Just put your mind to easing your burdens here while those who are going with the noble intent, can quell these subjugators." Or flay them into nice pairs of boots and other things. Seeing how there was a Chnotli'ss' with her wares to show them, Aya figured that it was more than time to go see them. Be prepared and all that. "If you'll pardon me, I think I will go see what Miss Chnotli'ss' has to show." With that, the draculina was off and following the one of coal scales, noting that there was now a dragon in the midst.

    Sometimes the oddest people showed themselves, though a dragon was a much more welcome person than a certain something.
    avatar
    Washu Hakubi
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 309
    Join date : 2011-05-17
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Washu Hakubi on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:51 am

    Oh, this just keeps on getting better and better. Ryo-Ohki apparently scared the crap out of most of the lizards, but as for the leader, Xlotlchuque, he loved the idea. It was all Washu could do to keep from cackling with glee . . . that's right, aside from Ryoko, the cabbit starship was the scientist's greatest creation. She would probably be the most useful asset brought along on this little expedition . . . as much as Washu didn't want to make more cabbits besides Ryo-Ohki, she always did enjoy it when the little fluffball could fulfill her function as a warship.

    Washu was pretty much beaming at that point, all too eager to let Ryo-Ohki do her thing. "Well, it'll be my pleasure to help retake your home . . . Ryo-Ohki hasn't had much chance for target practice lately."

    At the suggestion to go check out the goods one of the shamans had to offer, she nodded. "Well, I initially thought this might be a merchant caravan, so I'll just go check out those goods, then."

    She headed off, noting the dragon's arrival as she passed, but otherwise not paying much attention.
    avatar
    Ss'ruul
    Non-Player Character

    Non-Player Character

    Posts : 13
    Join date : 2013-08-01
    Location : Where fate'sss river flowsss...
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Health Bar:
    10000/10000  (10000/10000)
    Stamina Bar:
    5000/5000  (5000/5000)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Ss'ruul on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:12 pm

    Max of Clay Skin wrote:"Will we still be meeting around here, or is there going to be a new point once everyone gets situated?"
    Xlotlchuque raised a clawed hand to his chin, nails scratching against his scales. "Our guide isss right... You do not have many sssunsss and moonsss... However, thisss place ssshall remain when you are ready, yesss. We will not move until it isss sssafe to do ssso." But it was good to see the city-hosts start heading off in Chnotli's direction. There were many wonders to be had there, useful items aplenty to the right buyer. Not enough, however. No, never enough.

    A gale of wind disturbed the camp and Xlotlchuque noticed a large and powerful creature approach. He called himself... Arrogath. "Welcome, Winged-Ssscalesss... At thisss moment, we are humbly asssking for armsss againssst our enemiesss. If you are interesssted, visit Chnotli; ssshe has many fine goodsss available for purchassse." After Winged-Scales, Ariana Lee parted with knowledge of her people - many scalelings wondered what it would be like to have two names instead of one. She, too, went to see Chnotli's shop. As did Aya, but she wished to offer one last string of hope before taking her leave. Xlotlchuque bowed his frilled head at the woman's kindness and wholeheartedly concurred. "Many tidingsss to you and your fellow warriorsss..." he said. "The journey will be tough, but we have faith that you will ssstrike what isss true."

    Rounding things up, Washu Hakubi also expressed interest in seeing what was for sale. In hindsight, Xlotlchuque began to question why his people had never thought to visit the city if it meant such pleasant outcomes. "Many tidingsss, many tidingsss..." he said to her as the woman passed. With her now joining the ranks of those looking to make purchases, Xlotlchuque eyed the others for a moment before turning to face their guide.

    "You know the path to our home..." he told the Leopard Warrior. "Guide them asss you have usss... Ssshould everything come to passs and our home reclaimed, we will not forget your generousss part in all of thisss, sss'lrkitt." If anyone could herd these warriors to the heart of the conflict, it would be him.
    avatar
    Vincent Valentine
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 77
    Join date : 2011-11-30
    Age : 36
    Location : Wandering
    Level : 41

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Vincent Valentine on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:50 pm

    Well, at least they wouldn't need to go into space for this trip, he never had any luck in space. He studied the ship for a long moment before glancing back at the group, Hmm, Arro had arrived and people were starting to wander off to check on the wares the newcomers had brought. A good idea, he nodded in response to Xlotlchuque's words and followed the others. It was decided and there really was no more to say.

    It seemed the trouble had decided to come early this year to break the pattern, no rest fore the heroic or the wicked it seemed. Ah well, the gunner was used to jumping straight from one mission straight into another. Many times with no information at all until he had arrived. He would stand and fight for these people just as he had agreed. He would have to take Shandi to the kennel again. Not that she would mind, the staff spoiled the friendly, affectionate cat outrageously.
    avatar
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 1549
    Join date : 2010-10-18
    Location : Kc'nsst taa As'traakk
    Level : 46

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Prixlezub on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:53 pm

    So they would not be moving anywhere until it was safe to do so then, hm? "Good to hear, thank you." Max replied, before turning and walking towards the shop again. The man took up a light jog in order to catch up with the coral scaled Ss'ruul, slowing back down to a relaxed walk once he was near enough. Upon glancing about, it seemed that there were others who had decided to buy wares as well.

    With a clap of leathery wings, another visitor joined them. This time a dragon with crimson scales. He glanced back upon hearing the large creature land, mainly out of slight curiosity, before turning his attention back towards the caravan. There certainly were a great diversity of people in this city, as proved today.
    avatar
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 1196
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 27
    Location : Portal Breach
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Tally on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:04 pm

    So they didn't have much time to get ready, but they still did have some. Well, Tally could work with that. While she was still somewhat unsure about going off to fight something she knew little about, she couldn't deny that she was very curious about this other continent. If they helped the lizard people, who they sort of owed considering that they helped out in the last disaster, then they would be not only getting rid of a potential threat that could possibly invade Portal Breach, but they could also open a new place to them.

    Well, consider her sold, she would just have to get things ready, make sure everything was in order before she rushed off into possible full blown war to be horribly killed. Oh, Zurg was going to so pleased with her, not to mention Sonia. She would make sure though to keep everything in order. Tally headed off to the shamans wagon, best to see what this woman had.
    avatar
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 209
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Location : In Your Closet.
    Level : 57

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Bun-Bun on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:19 pm

    So, the leader was not impressed by the way he addressed himself. Bun-Bun didn’t care, though. They were probably tainted by the Leopard Warrior’s foul talk of him, anyway. What else was expected by these jerks to get some decent appreciation? He had no weapons or vessels of value to offer them nor did he have anything of wisdom to say without sounding like a broken record of the former. And not to mention, everyone he was close to wasn’t as fit as he was for this, so he basically had nothing to offer to them other than his talent. What did they want from him, anyway? To be snake-people bait? How degrading!

    ”Do not be discouraged by appearances, Xlotchuque.” Bun-Bun said in a polite manner. ”Grant it, I may not have any words of wisdom or flying contraptions of my own to offer, but I assure you that what I do have to offer you may be surficial enough to aid you through your hardships. Despite my behavior, I promise to serve you just as well as everyone else, before you. Anything that’ll return you to your homeland, I’ll assist with.”

    First being called a bad leader AND NOW a bad warrior. They should be honored to even have him interested in their cause at all! At one point in Bun-Bun’s life, the marshmallow bunny had been a little solider. Therefore being called a bad warrior was like a slap in the face. Crush his honor, will you?  

    Nonetheless, the marshmallow bunny reluctantly followed the group heading for the caravan, out of curiosity mainly, but once he got there all the good stuff was gone and replaced with this strange weed! Dare he buy one of those things? He face maintained a neutral expression as he forcefully bit down on his tongue. Look at how soggy it looks! What does this even do? Just… ew.

    Other than that, the marshmallow bunny remained silent and only listened to what others had to say. Even noticing that someone else had join them; Arrogath. Well, with this many people at their aid, he was pretty sure he wouldn’t have to do much. He still would keep his promise just to keep the Leopard Warrior off his back and to bring the Ss’ruul home and that should be enough for them.
    avatar
    Washu Hakubi
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 309
    Join date : 2011-05-17
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Washu Hakubi on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:24 pm

    Washu headed off to the shop tent in the distance, but not before hearing the odd marshmallow bunny's words. She rolled her eyes as she walked away, reminded of so many useless nobles from Jurai. Talking a big talk was one thing, but when the going really gets rough, will he really be able to back it up? Those nobles certainly didn't (at least anyone other than those from the Kamiki or Masaki lines, anyway).

    While at the shop, most of the more interesting items were taken already, but the scientist picked up what looked like a healing potion and an odd sort of seaweed. She immediately pulled up her laptop and started analyzing both of the items, trying to figure out what the weed might be used for...
    avatar
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 133
    Join date : 2013-02-08
    Location : I do not know
    Level : 25

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

    Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

    Post by Guin on Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:33 am

    The Leopard Warrior listened silently as the sugary treat spoke, golden eyes transfixed. His expression was stoic. An interesting proposition, but we shall see... he thought. Ra Moon's debut had not been forgotten in the Leopard Warrior's mind, although such thoughts must be saved for another day. Instead, he acknowledged Xlotlchuque's slurred words with a short nod. "Yes, the path back to your tribe's homeland is known well to me," he assured. It was normally a few days' journey; Hakubi's ship, however, was certain to cut that into mere hours - if not sooner. "I will guide these fighters as dutifully as I can. You need not worry, friend." Many perils awaited them, some unspoken, but the Leopard Warrior held faith in his taut breast. He noted that it was wise of some individuals to browse the merchants before departing, perhaps a few of these items bringing usefulness later on. It remained to be seen, as with all things in Destiny's tapestry.

    "I will remain here in the camp and prepare my belongings," the Leopard Warrior told Xlotlchuque. He then placed a heavy, but sincere, hand upon the lizardman's scaly shoulder. "Do not fret; we will save your people. I have seen what this community is capable of in times of great need. Please, enjoy their city and heal your wounds - think not of what will soon come to pass any longer." It was the same for the brave souls willing to risk their lives for this noble endeavor. Come twenty-four hours later, it will be time. There will be no looking back from that moment onward.

    Knowing this very well, the point of no return, the Leopard Warrior left Xlotlchuque's company and went to inspect Chnotli's wares. He may not have enough coin but he had just enough to pick up an interesting item or two. The money was worth more spent than in an unmarked grave.


    --Note: this thread is officially concluded but others may still post if they have not already. I will create the next thread shortly.
    --You also have one day left to make any last minute purchases from Chnotli's shop before it closes for good.

      Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:44 pm