Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Re: Opportunity Knocking [!]

Post by Ariana Lee on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:01 pm

Ariana felt like a regular chatty Cathy, already blabbering away at the lizard men and asking questions. The others put in their own word too, such as the tall man clarifying that he had been interested in any goods they might have had, and backing her up on the hospital and its ability to help. The pink haired woman moved to the front, though to her surprise she seemed to...hover. She offered their abilities to help defend the camp and Ariana nodded in agreement. What an interesting sword she had, though...

The leader spoke, and they were not so eager to go to the hospital. "Oh, that's okay..." She replied meekly. If they had their own way to heal themselves, that would work too. Forcing them to go would only anger them. The brightly colored one before spoke though, and seemed eager to allow them to help. Their guide promised them warriors? Their guide must be familiar with the strong and hardy nature of the Portal Breach citizens then. Ariana herself was no pushover, though she'd rather not have to show off her wolf form. The leader spoke again, so they were from the swamps? She had never been there herself, as had very little others apparently. These people had lived alone there, in peace, until now.

When Aya tried to speak, some of the lizard men moved away from her. One raised up a weapon, and declared that she smelled of...something. He was cut off before he could continue, but she herself was aware of the woman's vampire nature. They could smell that? She glanced down at herself, could they smell that she wasn't human either? She moved slightly behind the taller man, trying not to draw attention to herself.

So...there was more land then they had thought. More...continents, did he say?! That was rather exciting to know. There was more land, more people, more things that they did not know, and it tickled her curiosity. A shame though, that their swamp had been overrun and they had been forced out. The coral one spoke more, and she found herself confused. Son of Hatred? Madness upon the world? They had helped their people? Though, thinking on it now, she remembered when something had happened with the robots. She had stayed in the inn for safety, how much she had apparently missed. Like the city, she was quite removed from the world as well. Maybe she should be a part of it again.

They urged that they should see their guide, Ariana waiting to see who this mysterious person was. And the mysterious guide was...a muscular man with the head of a leopard. She...had not been expecting that. The feline scent of his head tickled at her nose a bit, though she paid attention. The Leopard Warrior, as he was called, backed up the claims of the lizard people, called the Ss'ruul. Their people had been killed by something that was out in the parts of this place they had never seen. "The ISOs should provide some protection, so long as they remain in the city limits."

Another member of this group revealed themselves, and it was...a marshmallow bunny? She blinked, and adjusted her glasses. Nope, that was a marshmallow bunny. Reminded her of Easter...he wanted to know what they were at war with and what they were up against. Not wanting to be repetitive, the young woman decided that maybe this could be a good moment for introductions. She stepped away from the tall man so that she was fully seeable again. "Good morning, Leopard Warrior, Ss'ruul, and assorted Portal Breach citizens." Her voice was quite light and meek. "I'm Ariana Lee."
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:21 pm

A few more of the others decided to step forward, the man glancing back to see a pink haired woman glide down from her perch, and remained hovering slightly off the ground. Another woman approached as well, though the lizard-like people did not seem to like her much either. As they spoke he decided to remain silent, not wishing to continue reiterating what had been already asked.

The leader of course seemed skeptical of their hospital, declaring that their shamans were much better suited to the task of healing. The man's gaze flicked over to the coral one as he began to speak, listening as his hissing tongue explained to their leader. Although... Wait... Warriors? The man backed away, waving his arms in a disagreeing manner. "Oh, I just came here for goods. Fighting is not one of my skills you see, I have a hard enough time jogging down a street with my bad knees." He responded, an awkward laugh rasping from his throat. "Though if you need help... I think I know someone who can certainly fill the role you need for a warrior. He's a big guy, pretty tough as well." The man explained. Though as he was about to speak further, one of the patrols decided they did not seem to like Aya, at least until their chieftain knocked him one upside the head.

"... Nice arm." He said, looking back to the chieftain. He placed his hands inside his pockets as the they began talking again, speaking of a guide. Huh, who could that be? He looked past the patrols to the back of the caravan, watching as a leopard faced man approached. One who introduced himself as the Leopard Warrior. The man waved his thick hand in greeting, listening as he began to speak further. So, the lizards were the Ss'ruul... Interesting. "We also have an inn that the Ss'ruul can stay at if they like." He added. "As for who I am though, you may call me Max. Just about everyone does."

He glanced down at the marshmallow rabbit that approached as well, asking about the war. Well that certainly was interesting, usually such candies were in baskets or wrappers, not walking around the streets.

Eeuugh... His feet probably tasted like sidewalk.
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:48 pm

This may come as a surprise to some but Tally liked to take walks in the forest, whether just for recreational purposes or for actually finding plants to study. Today had been the later, and her little expedition had been quite lucrative, the specimens she found would be excellent for study, as well as poison making. Though she would have to make sure that her schedule could line up correctly to ensure that Ttone would not be in the house when she started. She approached the edge of the city, stepping out of the tall grass and walking right into one of the oddest things she had ever seen.

A caravan.

Full of Lizard people no less, much like the ones that she had seen during the who incident where the robots had gone mad. There seemed to be a large amount of people gathered around them, and they were talking about something, though what Tally had no idea. But she did recognize a familiar head of red hair which she quickly zoned in on. Aya, she greeted the other, examining the caravan closely and taking in the beaten up wagons. What's going on? And what is that rabbit talking about?
    Washu Hakubi
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Washu Hakubi on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Washu listened intently to the various words spoken by the lizards, and managed to keep from snickering when one of the warriors got backhanded by the one seemingly in charge. No, don't get all growly with the locals if you're looking to find some help, that generally doesn't work very well.

As for the new lands, probably even continents? The scientist just kind of smiled. "Oh, I knew the other lands existed; there was just no reason to investigate further, at least until now. As for that Son of Hatred . . . I helped out with putting an end to that, though none of you would have seen it. let's just say having a ship that can reach past the clouds gives more advantages past seeing faraway places."

Eventually, the lizards decided to bring out their guide, but at the commotion, said guide decided to make an appearance on his own. Washu looked up and up even further at the huge guy with a big cat's head. He fit right in with the lizards, given the attire. Since there were introductions being made, she decided to make hers. "Well, Leopard Warrior, Ss'ruul and everyone else, I'm Washu Hakubi; greatest scientist in the universe."
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:26 am

All in all, this was a rather..awkward meeting if that was the word for it because these scaled folk were a tad bit on edge. The idea of a hospital hadn't settled to well but hopefully they could at least have the protection of the ISO's to aid in setting up a little refuge for themselves. Though she wasn't going to be the one to press going anywhere, especially those teetering on an edge.

Looking upon that coral lizard-men she would guess as he was allowed to openly state that they were weak, small in number and tired. And hold the phone, who was this guide and why in the flying name of X did he promise them warriors? Sure the residents of Portal City did occasionally partake in 'Oh boy, we get to save the Gamma again.' But that wasn't to say they couldn't be warriors, Aya knew when to get her hands dirtied up even though she wasn't quite keen on it.

Aya thought asking a simple question would be be just that; simple. And why would she ever come to think that? As a warrior began to raise a weapon at her shouting for het to get away because she smelled...Now she remembered why she disliked those with stronger senses and sometimes wonder why smelling dead was bad. It wasn't like she up and punched them or anything or attacked with the fury of a thousand suns. Luckily for her, and unlucky for the one who did not get to finish his sentence as he face was acquainted to the back of the leader lizard's hand. A quick punishment, a no-nonsense type of group. The draculina stood awkwardly, looking from the leader and the one who did not like her smell and the ground. Seeing as the offender was apologizing she wasn't going to hold it against him after all, she did have that fresh out of the morgue smell on her. "Oh- I...I forgive you, I'm sorry if my smell upset you. I'm not used to anyone being able to-ah smell me." Aya shifted, focusing on the leader who apologized as well, referring to her hair. Oh at least it was a creative way to go about it, She of Fiery Silk, definitely going to remember that one for the scrap book. But look at that, he was more than willing to dole out answers, which was greatly appreciated. Remaining attentive and quiet as the leader was kind enough to divulge a little more for them. Scratch the thought of only a little land outside, there was talk continents other than what they had thought was all there was. It made the gamma seem so...large now. "This is just...so shocking I suppose. Even after so many years here I thought all there was known to us was all there was. It is actually sort of relieving to hear of other things out there. Though I cannot say I find much joy in the fact of your people being assailed so horribly. It may not seem much but you can take refuge in the city, you are residents of this Gamma after all." It was the least that could be offered in the stead of the hospital, right? Surely there could be a safe place to board them, maybe the park or something along that those lines.

Looking at Mr Coral began to talk about something...strange? Wrathful God? Son of Hatred? She was lost, but they were going to reveal a guide apparently who was none other than Sir Leopard Head the beefy. This was a familiar face from the insanity that had been robots trying to decimate the barrier and other such unsavory acts. He had sort of gone off the radar after that but he proved to be a very useful help as he had brought more than enough reinforcements to aid them. Casting his decidedly more risque coverings, goodness this was why being a prude in these day and ages was hard but far from the point now. It was more unsettling to hear that there was so much disaster going on without their knowing because didn't they always end up as some of the first in the know to go and beat whatever or whoever it was to a bleeding pulp but it seemed that fortune wasn't smiling so kindly on the Ss'ruul.

Aya took a moment to think, frowning deeply as a certain sour peep made his way up to ask a question. The old faithful 'who' and 'what' question. It could bring bring up two reactions she supposed, either spear to the face or answering his question and seeing how he reacted so...childishly towards the Leopard warrior she wasn't quite sure how they would take it. Aside from the gummi-gooper Ariana was speaking up, Aya almost forgot she was there with how quiet she could be but she was offering the city as a place as protection as well. Hopefully their extension of the sort of invitatio nwould tide over well with the Lizard people, after all what said future friendship like protections and warriors? She twisted her hands about the handle of her parasol as she listened, deliberating over what to ask next while a man or Max as he was called talk of his bad knees and how he might have a friend to help. Well what a citizen he was to try and help regardless of the conditions of his knees, an a-plus fellow for sure!

And here came a moth to the flame, and by flame her hair. One Tally, appeared by her side with a swift 'Aya' and asking what the rabbit was on about. Well, here goes a basic rendition, just for best friends. "Ah well, Tally. Out visitors here are in a score of trouble. Their home and their people are at war and it is not looking very well. They came here in hopes to find a refuge and perhaps some help if I am not mistaken? And the rabbit is asking as to what attacks and what they are up against, basically." The draculina brought the tamer of man-eating plants up to date and resumed listening as the greatest pink haired scientist in the world apparently knew and did a lot more than anyone present would ever get to know. And she also seemed to know what the Son of Hatred was. Was everyone on the know or...? But she had a name to go with that fabulous hair now at least. Washu Hakubi who unlike herself had actually in introduced herself. Aya was almost the only person present who hadn't. Well Aya, weren't you just a rude one. Better late than never, and she piped up quickly in turn. "Not that She of Fiery Silk is not completely flattering but just Aya will be fine instead." The introduction, a complete success. Ah yes.
    Ss'ruul
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Health Bar:
    10000/10000  (10000/10000)
    Stamina Bar:
    5000/5000  (5000/5000)

Post by Ss'ruul on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:24 am

The throng of lizardfolk parted to make way for their guide, a sea of matte scales audibly rustling. "Ah, ssso you have been lissstening, Leopard Warrior..." Stepping aside, the caravans' elected leader gave their guide space to address the outsiders. It was good to hear that their words were confirmed and some of the Ss'ruul, as they were named, felt a touch of hope. They had no idea if these otherworldly warriors would come to their aid, however. How could they, when one such candidate distanced itself from the rest...

"...Why doesss the sssweet one approach?" asked the coral-skinned warrior, perplexed.

"Yesss... A treat ssshould know better than to approach ssstarving children," said another.

Many silent scalelings looked onward from a safe distance in the back, their reptilian eyes enraptured at the sight of a tasty, and no doubt sugary, morsel. There will thankfully be no dining upon sapient candy lifeforms today. "We fight invadersss known only to usss asss zsssh'rr-gun; They-Who-Ssslither. Our enemiesss ssstrike ssswiftly and without remorssse, their bladesss asss deadly asss their powerful magicsss." He then gestured to the reminder of their once-fruitful tribe. "Our warriorsss were no match and our ssshamansss outnumbered... The few warriorsss you sssee here were the only onesss to sssurvive the masssacre." It had been a terrible onslaught to witness. "If we had easssily fallen to the might of the zsssh'rr-gun, then our city isss in peril... It could be that our very lineage isss under attack, our enemy sssyssstematically wiping out our kind permanently." And if that was the case, as some had feared, then the very few scalelings that had managed to join this caravan were paramount for survival. There were good tidings, nevertheless.

The citizens of this city, such as Ariana Lee and Aya, reassured the Ss'ruul that their facilities could take care of their people, powerful magics and places to sleep generously offered. Although still wary to blindly place complete faith in a world so foreign, the leader had to think about his people's future. "We thank you for your magnanimousss propossal... I will sssend ssscouts to thessse areasss and sssecure for ourssselves temporary ssshelter."

And the situation became only better.

Max of Clay Skin wrote:"Though if you need help... I think I know someone who can certainly fill the role you need for a warrior. He's a big guy, pretty tough as well."
    Washu Hakubi of Great Science wrote:"Let's just say having a ship that can reach past the clouds gives more advantages past seeing faraway places."
    A big warrior who was tough and a ship that could sail the clouds themselves! Many lizardfolk were drawn to these claims, pupils bloating. What if they could enlist aid for their cause? Would it be possible to reach their city in time and repel the invaders? Such a tantalizing prospect did not fall upon deaf ears and the leader's nostrils flared. "I know it isss not our place to asssk for help from ssstrangersss, but if you were to help in our plight... I can sssee to it that you will be well rewarded," he spoke. "Our great city, Tz'tchotlan, isss quite abundant and our gl'ugak - chieftain - awardsss loyalty." Their kind may be primitive in the eyes of one far more advanced, but wealth need not pertain only to fashion or weapons.

Aside from dangling incentive before a growing crowd, it was time the Ss'ruul returned their introductions in kind. The coral-skinned warrior spoke first, thumping a fist against his chest. "I am known asss Virrdun - He-of-Sssun'sss-Dessscent." This was no doubt in reference to his blazingly-bright hide.

"And I am Tkl'tk," an emerald warrior went next. This was the one who had insulted Aya, and he once more dipped his head in both shame and gratitude at the woman. "Although my previousss actionsss were dissstasssteful, my name isss He-of-Ssshadow'sss-Ssscale." An assassin or scouting unit, perhaps?

Lastly, the leader took his turn and barred his needle-like teeth, appearing ferocious. "I am Xlotlchuque - He-Who-Chasssesss-the-Night!"

It was a start.
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 25

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:47 am

To be fair, the Leopard Warrior was indifferent of Bun-Bun; he dabbled not in the affairs or considerations of marshmallow rabbits. He had simply recognized a familiar face and nothing more. Transitioning back to the present, the Leopard Warrior chose to remain observant - reserved. The Ss'ruul could describe everything in thorough detail and that was both their right and business; he had simply been their guide. He did nod his head out of respect to those who introduced themselves, however. "It is a pleasure to meet you all," said the Leopard Warrior, his voice barely above a softly-spoken whisper. Agreeably, the Ss'ruul's fate was becoming brighter and brighter the longer this conversation went on. It was only at the end did the Leopard Warrior find it fitting to speak.

"I know not what plagues their dignified people, but their enemy is both cunning and resolved. They will slay every man, woman, and child should it suit their needs." Absolutely disgusting, but the Leopard Warrior refrained from letting bias soak into his voice. "While I do not suggest that the weak of heart take up arms, I have no doubt that warding off these invaders is the right, and best, thing to do. My blade is for the Ss'ruul cause."

For the Leopard Warrior, he need not be promised riches or glory; only the noble thought.
    Vincent Valentine
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 41

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

Post by Vincent Valentine on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:14 am

Vincent may not have spoken much, he was content to listen and observe while the others talked. So there were other lands out there, he had always suspected there might be.  His eyes scanned the group as for a moment it looked like a fight was going to erupt, but it was stopped by the one causing the tension being smacked.  Ouch, he remembered his mentor Veld decking him when he mouthed off.

Vincent was not bothered by the lizard creatures, they lived here and certainly deserved to take refuge in the city. He listened as their rather unusual guide approached and introduced himself. He must be getting used to this place because the Leapard Warrior, as he called himself didn't phase him. It seemed the newcomers were drawing quite a crowd and it seemed that the city had been isolated enough that nothing of this had been known. Not surprising really.

It was when the one who led the group mentioned the slaughter that had decimated them when Vincent got more involved, no one deserved that.  They not only wanted sancuary, but help.  Well, honor demanded that this not be allowed to continue. Planet help him, here we go again.  There was only one right thing to do and the gunner would do it.  He stepped forward and bowed.  "I am Vincent Valentine. Those that slaughter others without mercy are cowards with no honor. I too will gladly give whatever aid I may."
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:06 am

The sweet one? Max looked at the smaller Ss'ruul, most likely their children, as they stared rather hungrily at the marshmallow rabbit. He glanced back at the yellow rabbit, considering how small he was compared to the rest of the tribe, including the children... Hm, he doubted he would get very far if they did decide to give chase. However, his attention was quickly brought back to the Ss'ruul chieftain as they went on to describe their attackers. They-Who-Slither sounded much like a serpent-like race from the name. Ruthless, cunning... They seemed quite formidable from what they had described. Especially with powerful magic at their disposal.

Oh, look at their eyes get big at the mention of the big guy Max had in mind, along with Washu's powerful machinery. However, the promise of rewards for their efforts was quite interesting, being given the opportunity to travel to a strange land and fight for the mysterious Ss'ruul could have been the reward itself. At least as far as Max was concerned, it was not always the end destination, but the journey there that was the most enriching.

Finally, they explained with a gl'ugak was! So that was what their chieftain was called, or at least their rank. The rest of the Ss'ruul began to introduce themselves, and the man looked to each as they did so. Such poetic names these people had, it almost made his own seem like mud. "Nice to meet you all." He replied, courteous in tone. "Your scouts though, I think they may need one of us to help them find what they are looking for. Our city is quite big and it can be a little confusing to navigate if you are new to it."

Look around, the entire place was nothing but buildings, streets, lights and signs!
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Tally on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:59 pm

Aya wrote:"Ah well, Tally. Out visitors here are in a score of trouble. Their home and their people are at war and it is not looking very well. They came here in hopes to find a refuge and perhaps some help if I am not mistaken? And the rabbit is asking as to what attacks and what they are up against, basically."

So they had been pushed out of their home, another whole continent, and were seeking refuge in the city. Well, the whole new continent thing she had already known, the lizard people though? She hadn't known about them, or about their war. It seemed that Portal Breach was quite bigger than what they had originally perceived it to be.

It also seemed, from what she could garner, that those present were possibly in agreement to help the Lizard people take back their lands. Not that she thought it was a bad idea, to help them, but she wouldn't mind some extra details herself.

If we're actually talking about going off to a whole different continent then we'd have to have some time to prepare, make arrangements, get things ready. Not to mention figure out how we're suppose to get there. It wouldn't just do to hop on the nearest ship and take right off. Weapons would need to be gathered, as well as information on the new continent. This was a whole new place they were talking about after all, who knew what sort of wildlife, plant life, insects, diseases could possibly exist on it. They didn't even know the first thing about surviving on it. What if they ate something poisonous? Plus who was to say how long it would take to free the Lizard people's lands?

If Tally was to go then she would need to make sure that Ttone would be taken care of and that the shop would also be seen to. She imagined it would be the same for anyone who had a job or family member. There would be stuff that they had to see to.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:34 pm

The man named Max came only for the goods. She gave him a curious look at that, finding him to be muscular. He looked fit for battle! Though he had bad knees apparently, which was a shame. Still, he at least knew of someone who could fight in his place! Better than nothing, right? "It was nice to meet you, Max." She wondered who it was that he knew.

She looked over as someone else approached, and it was Tally! She hadn't seen her in a long time, she remembered when she had gotten something of an acquaintanceship with her and Blurr. Though Blurr seemed gone now. She turned back to the lizard men, allowing Aya to explain to her since she had asked her. The pink haired woman was Washu Hakubi, a scientist. From what she said about a ship 'past the clouds', she likely owned a space ship too.

Zsssh'rr-gun were the enemies of the lizard people, a people who slithered. Perhaps they were snake people? Snakes did eat lizards, sometimes, and they slithered. She'd wait to see for herself though, and continued to listen. They had superior weapons and magic, taking them all down swiftly and without any mercy. These people among them were the only survivors, a sadly small amount compared to how large their numbers likely were before. The leader than promised a reward for their help. Their largest city was abundant and their chieftain award loyalty. Ariana's eyes widened slightly and she fiddled with her hands. Rewards for helping these people...and she hadn't been outside her own little bubble in about a year. Maybe it was time? Though it would be a bit harder to fight, considering how none of the people here knew her...condition. At the same time, very few people here were normal, so they wouldn't judge her for being a werewolf! Right?

Introductions continued and Ariana bowed her head to Virrdun, Tkl'tk, and Xlotlchuque. "You have very interesting names, though I guess our names are interesting to you as well." Her attention went to the Leopard Warrior, who urged them to take up the cause, unless they were weaker. Vincent introduced himself and agreed to fight as well, though Ariana found herself agreeing with Tally.

"Its true, some of us have prior responsibilities that we need to take care of first. Supplies to gather." She would likely find herself a small weapon to use so she didn't have to turn into a wolf all of the time, and she would need a lot of clothes. She barely knew these people, she didn't want them to see her bare naked!
    Washu Hakubi
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Washu Hakubi on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:52 pm

Well well, look at them all perk up at the mention of a ship that could cross the clouds. Washu's smile widened a bit. Hehehe, it was always fun when people were in awe of her creations. There was going to be lots of fighting involved, probably, but exploring new lands and finding all sorts of things to research was right up the scientist's alley.

But first, there would be a bit of showing off right here...

Washu looked to the three lizards that gave their names, eager to give one more introduction. "Well, Virrdun, Tkl'tk, and Xlotlchuque; I'd like to introduce you to Ryo-Ohki!"

With that, she sent a call through the shared link, getting a certain cabbit's attention . . . the little fuzzball was always happy to show off, especially when there was an offer of lots of carrots involved. It wouldn't be long now...

"Myaaaaa!" As usual, Ryo-Ohki's typical meow sounded just before her ship form parted the clouds above them all. She didn't get too close to the ground, but it would be obvious she came because Washu called.

"I will be happy to provide transport for everyone that wishes to go slice, blast or roast a piece out of any zsssh'rr-gun hide they may come across . . . if your city is in danger, Ryo-Ohki should be able to get us there quickly enough before much more damage is done to it."
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 57

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Bun-Bun on Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Oh, well forbid that the marshmallow bunny assumed that there would be food in that caravan. Thought it might have been a necessity for – you know – traveling long distances. AND WHAT DID HE TELL YOU ABOUT TALKING OUT OF LINE!?

”We have several places for you guys to dine if you’re all hungry.” Bun-Bun replied, ignoring Tkl’tk. ”You might even get food for free if you’re lucky.” That is if the owners were generous and good-natured enough along with Tkl’tk keeping from insulting anybody. They were refugees so no doubt would there be some sort of exception with their case in mind.

And what was their case, exactly? Apparently they were at war with snake people or at least it sounded like snake people. He couldn’t think of anything else at the moment that fit the criteria of being formidable and slither. And as he predicted, the others wanted to help. However, the marshmallow bunny frankly wasn’t sure whether accompanying these guys was the right thing to do. For one thing, Bun-Bun didn’t do swamps. Their moist environment would turn him into a walking sponge. Secondly, he wasn’t sure if he could tolerate that Leopard Warrior for more than day. They didn’t even like each other! And third, this marshmallow bunny had a life. He had more important things to do rather than help these –

Xlotlchuque wrote:I know it isss not our place to asssk for help from ssstrangersss, but if you were to help in our plight... I can sssee to it that you will be well rewarded,"

What that? A reward, you say? The heck with it! He’ll join you guys!

Everyone then began to introduce themselves and once Bun-Bun had gotten a turn to speak, it was only fair.

”And I am Bun-Bun,” he responded. ”The sweet one.” He repressed a chuckle. Such an ironic title if he’d say so, himself.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:28 am

Sweet treat approaching? Oh dear no, she sincerely hoped none of the poor little scaling tried to snap a bite from Bun-Bun. After all they could catch something blue. It was a good thing the children had stayed back, no need to eat street food when better and much more delightful things lay in wait. But for now, they were slowly but surely touching bases about what mysterious assailants were at war with the Ss'ruul. They-who-slither weren't just fighting a war, they were carrying out a nearly full blown genocide. Murder with malice was unjust and could and would be put to an end. "I am truly sorry that such a horrendous act has been done against you all, I hope that youur scouts find place suitable until these invaders are dealt with." That was what denziens of Portal City did best, right?

She was delighted that as expected, her fellow citizens were offering help towards the Ss'ruul cause and suprised that the Lizard folk were equally willing to reward such help. That was a unforseen tidbit actually. And introductions aside, he biggest fan now had a name as well and the draculina was quite dubious on her ability to pronouce it correctly. Now as the conversation progress more arms offered to the cause and Tally bringing upon a point about time to prepare and how to exactly get themselves there in time. Plus there was always a few loose ends to wrap up as well.

The Cabbit goes... wrote:"Myaaaaa!"

And their ride could make sounds. You saw new things everday, Aya guessed. Even giant cat-like ships. Good to see the Greastest Sciencest was packing some very useful power much like Max and his big friend. Things were panning out nicely but she could not help but stifling the urge to roll her eyes as Bun-Bun spoke. it felt like such a relfexive habit, then again he mashed a phazon riddle cake in her face. That would neve be forgotten or forgiven and who knew what the wages of war could cause. Sweet still seemed like the wrong 'S' word; perhaps sour or stale would be better suited. "As it stands, you all must be greviously tired and hungry. Aside from planning what to do and bring. Resting up before anything is best." She jsuted wondered where on the Breach they would get weapons enough for a cause like this.
    Ss'ruul
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Health Bar:
    10000/10000  (10000/10000)
    Stamina Bar:
    5000/5000  (5000/5000)

Post by Ss'ruul on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:33 am

Valentine of Night's Shroud wrote:"I am Vincent Valentine. Those that slaughter others without mercy are cowards with no honor. I too will gladly give whatever aid I may."
    Xlotlchuque nodded, the spiked fringe running down the length of his skull billowing. "Then we are honored to have you fight among usss, Vincent Valentine..." Max was still more interested in their wares, which was something the Ss'ruul took great interest in. Xlotlchuque gestured with a wide hand to his left, indicating that there was a nearby caravan with excellent goods. "If any of you are wanting to browssse our meager posssesssionsss, then you are free to do ssso... We have brought with usss itemsss from our home ssswamp. They ssshall ssserve you well, if your eye isss keen. Viirdun, pleassse essscort our city-hossstsss to Chnotli'sss humble abode."

"At once, ukli'n..." Those who wanted to purchase anything should follow the coral-scaled warrior should they still be interested.

But Max need not worry about their scouts becoming lost in this concrete jungle. Tkl'tk was one of their most excellent scouts, the swamps of their tribe ingrained onto the backs of his many scales. "Yesss, thisss place isss incredible but no land can remain mysssteriousss forever..." he spoke. "I will take my leave to find thessse placesss, ukli'n..."

"May Sssaaur'nok'sss eye guide you, sss'lrkitt." Xlotlchuque watched the green-scale run off and quickly mold himself into the air with a shimmer, Tkl'tk nowhere to be seen. Such was the gift of one born to Shadow. There was a new song who joined the chorus, however. Another female, hair earth-kissed and skin familiar of the lands. She wisely spoke of pulling resources together and approaching the enemy with a strategy. Xlotlchuque found himself agreeing. "Yesss, a wissse courssse of action..." he remarked. "The journey isss far and the path dangerousss... Many did we lossse on the way to your city." Only a juvenile warrior leaped teeth first into an enemy's nest.

Ariana of Beasts wrote:"You have very interesting names, though I guess our names are interesting to you as well."
    At this, Xlotlchuque's skin pulled away in the imitation of a soft-skin's smile. It was far from perfect, stained teeth glinting in the sun. "We are blesssed by our ssshamansss for the qualitiesss we are born with... Our namesss are earned, be it through intellect or blood."

Brief cultural knowledge parted, the pink-haired female was not one to withhold on her bragging.

Sky-Terror wrote:"Myaaaaa!"
    Within the next second many lizardfolk fled for their lives, only the bravest of men futilely wielding their spears upward to the floating crystal. Women snatched up their scalelings and those without mothers sought shelter within their fellow kin. Out of all the hissing and confusion throughout the camp, Xlotlchuque was the only one who openly laughed. "HA HA HA! Yesss, yesss!" he shouted, raising a fist to the dark one as if to salute. "Our enemiesss will COWER before the might of sssuch an intimidating vesssel... How I wisssh to see your Cloud-Sssail burn the missserable mongrelsss to the ground..." Even if Xlotlchuque could not comprehend what Ryo-Ohki was, he could easily discern that such a monstrous being was a fitting instrument of war. He was not about to judge a promising gift such as this.

That was when the sugary treat, calling itself Bun-Bun, addressed Xlotlchuque. He stared down at the thing, pupils once more dilating and previous elation dissipating. "Hmm..." Needlessly to say, Xlotlchuque was not impressed. Bun-Bun's fighting techniques remained to be seen, however.

Aya of Just Aya wrote:"As it stands, you all must be greviously tired and hungry. Aside from planning what to do and bring. Resting up before anything is best."
    "Wissse wordsss..." Xlotlchuque found himself concurring. "We are indeed tired and hungry... Many of usss are but humble farmersss and familiesss; we are not fit for offensssive combat. Regrettably, we will not be accompanying you on thisss journey." But their guide might, perhaps on their behalf...

Shop is now OPEN

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:35 am