Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Re: Summer Days

Post by Evil Buzz Lightyear on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:17 pm

There was also no guarantee that it wouldn't refresh, either. Considering both sides of this logic, Pat found it rather futile no matter how it was spun. "You must be from a world that never achieved space flight," he pointed out. This was no means him trying to be rude, but hear him out. "I don't know about you, but from where I come from? The entire universe is my home. I claim allegiance to no planet, civilization, or doctrine. You lot have a perfectly good Gamma out there, you know that? Sure, this planet could be your primary home - I guess - but why bother protecting it when it'll take care of itself one day? For all the misery that happens here, you could all just... I don't know, vacate to another developed planet in the Gamma and stay there until everything blows over." See what Pat's saying? No one really had to suffer; it's all in the state of mind.

Of course, it was in his nature to create suffering - as he was a perfectly good villain - but that was besides the point he was currently trying to make. "I understand what you're sayin', but you're all making it harder on yourselves than need be. Sometimes I'm surprised no one has developed a set of warp gates so you could visit the Gamma in a more efficient manner. You'd be surprised of what wonders are out there. I've certainly seen quite a few."
    A differing set of philosophies from two very different worlds.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Pat wrote:"You must be from a world that never achieved space flight,"

Sonia raised one thin eyebrow at that, but allowed the other to continue.

Pat wrote:I don't know about you, but from where I come from? The entire universe is my home. I claim allegiance to no planet, civilization, or doctrine. You lot have a perfectly good Gamma out there, you know that? Sure, this planet could be your primary home - I guess - but why bother protecting it when it'll take care of itself one day? For all the misery that happens here, you could all just... I don't know, vacate to another developed planet in the Gamma and stay there until everything blows over."
    Pride I suppose, there was very little when we arrived on Portal Breach. The reason that it is the way it is today is somewhat due to what others contributed to it. Myself included. This place is mine, ours, there are too many memories and too much time put into it just to leave it.

The other could understand that couldn't he? What it meant to put time and energy into something, it made you proud to see that sort of thing grow. And it made you defensive when it was attacked.
    Evil Buzz Lightyear
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Evil Buzz Lightyear on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Huh, pride. And also memories...
    Pat ran his fingers through that scraggly beard of his, thinking. "Makes sense, I guess. That kind of sentimentality is going to bite you in the bud one day, though." Because that's how it normally happened. You get attached to somethin', a calamity happens, you throw your life away to save what you care about... Yeah, not really Pat's ideal way to go. Since the universe was his playpen and everything could be his and no one's at the same time, the man was more inclined to pull up shop and set it up elsewhere. It was a survival instinct, you know? Regardless, he could see where Sonia was coming from: home was home, yeah.

"Well, best of luck protecting your things and keeping this place from eating the big one in they cosmos," he chuckled. Ah man, Pat took up enough of Sonia's time. He had things to blow up, people to destroy... Y'know, worthwhile things. Sonia would never be interested. "Ha ha... Anyway." He tied up his bag and opened the door for them both. Just because one was evil didn't mean they couldn't be a gentleman every now and then.

Pat winked and offered the young woman a two-fingered salute, that gruff chuckle resurfacing. "See ya 'round," he said. "We're both busy people with things on our plates. It was a pleasure speaking with you as always, Miss Montiago. Keep your pretty little nose clean, huh?"
    A louder laugh this time and he was gone, strutting away with his dastardly bag of cleanliness.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:19 pm

And how would Pat feel if his "playpen" was suddenly swiped away? After all, his first one had been, it wasn't as if it was impossible and couldn't happen a second time.

Pat wrote:"Makes sense, I guess. That kind of sentimentality is going to bite you in the bud one day, though."
    Hm, bite her in the butt would it? No doubt this was a possibility, but one that she was willing to take. She and the horde, they had helped shape this world, it was theirs. Pat held open the door and she nodded out of appreciation before stepping out of the shop. Her back no to the man the horde made sure to keep an extra close eye on him.

Pat wrote:"See ya 'round. We're both busy people with things on our plates. It was a pleasure speaking with you as always, Miss Montiago. Keep your pretty little nose clean, huh?"
    The same to you, she nodded, wishing the other man a good day. As she moved to leave the edge of her mouth turned upwards in a small smile. What she said next, was no doubt her attempt at teasing, an attempt to be funny. However for most it would no doubt be disturbing. It would be a shame if you were to get in trouble for shooting someone with that laser of yours. And then she continued on walking, her back to "Pat."

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:37 am