Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

The Boomerang Guy Always Comes Back

Post by Sokka on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:11 am

Date: January 31, 2013
    Time: 11:01am

Wow…. had a few weeks already passed since he had been back here? In some ways, it felt as though an eternity had gone by… and in others, it seemed as though he'd only been gone a day. It was probably a good thing that at least a part of him felt as though he had not been gone for too long, and although he hoped that not much had changed since he had been temporarily taken from this world, he had a feeling that that alone might help him settle back into things. It still felt so... weird to suddenly be back and missing that chunk of time, though.

He supposed that was what dying did to you... although admittedly, it was still incredibly hard to believe that he had actually... well, DIED.

Sokka could still remember that night clearly, from the fateful journey to the Castle That Never Was to the battles that he and the others encountered, all the way to that last strong hit from Xemnas. That attack… if he focused, he could still feel the same pain from it, the shadows that burned from that flurry of slashes, and then that sudden intense pain followed by the sinking feeling that he couldn't feel anything anymore. That was the one hit that had felled him… and even though the warrior was beyond glad to be alive again after his short stay in the Pool of Souls, a part of him was still astounded that he could remember that dying blow so vividly.

He gripped his bone club from where it was secured on his side, shuddering almost imperceptibly from the memory, but Sokka soon shook his head and pressed forward. That had happened… but given the state of things, it appeared that his friends and allies had been successful that night. After all… he was back, and that castle was nowhere to be seen.

Still, the pain from his final stand was only comparable to the way that he had been so completely forgotten by those that had effectively become his family here. Now those memories before his battle brought a new sting, and Sokka instead tried to focus on catching back up with Barney and Link to get his space sword and boomerang back. He hoped that both of the weapons had been able to help them in the fight against Xemnas, and at the very least, those might prove to be something to anchor him back here just in case if there was anything lingering that might affect anyone's memory of him.

As Sokka began to approach the Stock Pot Inn, he felt his breath catch. This was almost it. Everyone he had passed on the streets seemed to be able to see him… he hadn't phased through anything. Everything seemed to be completely back to normal… but… would those closest to him remember him? Would Lin? … Would Tenzin? … Would Korra?

Only one way to find out.

Taking a deep breath as he edged closer and closer to his new home, Sokka looked up to the second floor, steeled himself, and pressed forward towards the front door. He was back in this world… and no matter what, he was determined to stay this time.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Re: The Boomerang Guy Always Comes Back

Post by Korra on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:11 am

It had been a week or two since Korra got the bad news from Barney. They had informed Lin and Tenzin of the news as well, and all they could do was wait. According to Barney, death wasn't permanent and Sokka would be returning soon. Soon was really taking its time though, and it was beginning to make her worried. She'd linger around the second floor, eyes on the stairs. Anytime she heard footsteps, she'd tense up and wait. She'd uh...startled a few people that way, when they came up the top of the stairs only to find someone seemingly waiting for them. It only took a few times of that to make her move into the room instead, and merely peek out of the peeky hole. Sokka's room was right next to their's, after all, if he were to come back she'd see him, or hear him! So far though, there was no sign.

Naga seemed put out by his continued disappearance too. On this day of January 31st, Korra was sitting in the basement with her polar bear dog, stroking her muzzle while Naga rested her head on her lap. "Its okay Naga...he'll be back soon. We don't know what the afterlife time is like! It might be delayed or something. I'm sure he'll be back here before you know it." Naga seemed to have her spirits lifted by that, and she licked her owner's hand gratefully. "That a girl!~ Now, I'm gonna go get something to eat. I'll bring back some bacon for ya, okay?" Naga seemed to agree, giving Korra's face a lick. Her nose began to twitch though, as if smelling something. She pointed her nose upwards, nose snorting. "Naga?" Naga quickly stood up from Korra's lap, going to the foot of the basement stairs. "Naga, no!"

She ran after the polar bear dog and tried to push her away from the stairs. "You can't go up there yet! You have to stay down here!" She grunted loudly as her companion didn't seem to budge an inch. Naga only seemed to whimper in response and tried to push back. "Naga, what's wrong?" She pulled away and wrapped her arms around Naga's neck, trying to soothe her. With a few more whines, the polar bear dog finally backed away. "Don't worry Naga, I'm gonna bring you some food!" She waved and ascended up the stairs, assuming her strange behavior was merely an urge to eat.

She had a smile on her face as she stepped out onto the lobby, ready to turn and walk into the dining area, but that was when she saw the front doors of the inn, and the young man who had entered them. Bone club. Blue clothes. Warrior wolftail. Blue eyes. She stared for a moment before launching herself towards him, wrapping her arms around him and lifting him up off of the ground. "SOKKA!" Worry not, Sokka. You were not forgotten anymore.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:05 am

Sokka had prepared himself for this moment the best he could on his walk back home… honestly, he had even prepared himself for it somewhat when he had first started to amok his trek to the Castle That Never Was. His return home had taken him far longer than he had planned, but even so, as he had first trudged his way to the mysterious castle, one that had seemed as invisible to his friends as he himself had become to them, he had held within him the drive to come back not only to the inn, but to the memories of Korra, Tenzin, and Lin. He had known it was a longshot, but he had been determined to do everything he could to not only set things right, but to come home.

Yes, he had gotten killed in his fight for his existence… but he had still kept the promise he had made to Korra. Now all that was left to do was to find her again… and hopefully, see that she had remembered him.

The reactions of the passersby on the way here had given him even more hope that not only was he visible, but that he could very well have the memories of his existence restored too… and holding onto that hope, he moved to open the front door to the Stock Pot Inn. It had been too long, but finally… finally, Sokka was home.

Stepping over the threshold, Sokka let out a relieved sigh, but no sooner had he started to inhale again than did his breath catch, his blue eyes going wide as he caught sight of the person inside of the inn's lobby. It was a familiar face… and not just any familiar face, but one that he knew very, very well… one that he could not wait to see, but now that he saw her… one that he could not believe he was seeing again. Time seemed to freeze for both Sokka and the girl in front of him, mere seconds seeming to slow to an eternity as he realized just who he had first met here.

It was Korra.

And judging from the look on her face the two locked eyes, not only could she see him, she also remembered him.

Time caught right back up to itself as a split-second later, Sokka suddenly found himself caught in one of Korra's trademark platypus bear hugs, subsequently being lifted right off the ground from her initial pounce. Before he could even exclaim in surprise, his best friend cried out his name… she called out his name… she saw him. He wasn't invisible any more, he wasn't phasing through things, and he was remembered… he… he really was back.

"KORRA!" He exclaimed, grinning broadly even as he was still caught in the Avatar's hug. He was set to return it once his arms were free again, but as it was, he was just beyond thrilled to see her again and to have met such a welcome surprise upon his return. "K-Korra… you can see me… you remember me!" And never had Sokka been so happy to be remembered.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:34 pm

For the briefest of moments she was worried that maybe it wasn't Sokka. Maybe it was someone who looked similar, or maybe she was just seeing things, but as she wrapped her arms around him and he called her name out in return...she knew. He was back. He was home.

Sokka wrote:"K-Korra… you can see me… you remember me!"
    She placed him back down on the ground and smiled at him, hands on his shoulders. "We all do...we've been waiting for you. We didn't know what happened, but we knew you were gone. And then your friend Barney came by...he told us what happened. It was a little weird to hear but...he helped us to understand." Her smile widened a bit, thinking of how happy Sokka might be to see his sword, though she would keep hush hush about that. "Oh, Zuko's here too! But come on, you're probably hungry after your time in the afterlife!" She looped an arm around his shoulders and began to show him to the cafeteria of the inn, all smiles. She leaned into his side as they walked.

"I'm so happy to see you...Naga, er, missed you a lot, and she kept whining and whimpering. We oughta go see her after we eat, let her know you're okay." Despite the way she played it off, Naga definitely wasn't the only one who had missed Sokka.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:11 pm

Sokka's grin only broadened as Korra set him down and smiled at him. No sooner than had she set her hands on his shoulders and explained that they had missed him than had he moved to her hug himself, holding her tightly and thoroughly enjoying the fact that today, he was not phasing through her. He listened intently as she detailed that they knew he had been gone despite not knowing what had happened… or at least that they had not known anything until Barney had come by and updated them. Barney… it looked like Sokka had yet another thing to thank his friend for.

Thinking on it, he was not at all surprised that the former security guard had taken the time to help him out, especially since he himself had been gone for longer than he had intended, but even so, he was no less grateful for it. Letting Korra go as he pulled back to look to her again, Sokka nodded to her, soon adding, "I see… well… I'm sorry to have worried you guys, and even more to have kept you waiting for as long as I did. I'm glad Barney stopped by, though… he was a big help back there, but even with as crazy as it was, I'm happy he could help bring some sense into it."

His smile soon mirrored hers, right before he widened his eyes in surprise at her next announcement. Zuko was there?! But… WHAT?!

"Zuko?! H-how… when…" Sokka started, trying to make some sense of this but very quickly reminding himself that just as Lin, Korra, Tenzin, Amon, and himself had appeared on the Breach, so too could anyone else from their world. It was exciting to hear that it was someone that he himself actually knew, but there was one question that was more important than any of the others right now. "Which time is he from?!" Was he from Sokka's own time, or from the future like Korra, Tenzin, and Lin? Or… would he be from before he reformed himself? No matter what, he was going to be happy to see his friend, but even so… the different points in time could bring up some interesting reunion scenarios here…

Soon laughing at Korra's mention of the two of them getting food and subsequent looping of her arm around him, Sokka nodded strongly to her, noting, "Oh believe me, I am! I wanted to return so much sooner, I really did. But… something was keeping me there. It just… did. I wanted to come back and I tried to, but… something kept me there until today. I still don't know what… but I'm back now, and I'm not going anywhere."

Smiling to Korra as she leaned into his side and led the way to the dining area, Sokka's smile only grew at her words as well as the way she tried to play off Naga missing him the most instead of herself. "I'm happy to see you too… you have no idea. And I missed you and Naga too… so… yeah, after we eat, I'd like to see her."
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:27 pm

Korra enjoyed their embrace, just hugging him tightly. It was really great to have him back, and she was really relieved that Barney had told them what happened. Thanks to him she had been prepared for his return. She could just imagine her reaction to him coming back when he had spontaneously disappeared. Probably a lot of anger for him disappearing. But in this case, it wasn't his fault at all. He couldn't help what happened, he didn't make himself die! Which is why when he apologized, she lifted a brow at him in slight confusion.

"Why are you apologizing? It wasn't your fault, Sokka. We understand. We were never angry with you. We were just scared you were gone." She wrapped her arms around him again for a quick hug before pulling away and smiling at him. "He was a huge help, and a good sport too." Considering he didn't hold a grudge for her uh...outburst.

Sokka's surprise was understandable, and she chuckled a bit. "Same way as we did! And not long, I'f say the beginning of the month maybe? And he's from around your time, he's young like us." If he were from Korra's time, he'd be very old. Though it wasn't impossible either since Zuko was alive in her time. "He's also...you know, not trying to hunt me or anything so it must be when he was on your side."

She listened to Sokka talk about his time on the other side. "The important thing is that you're here now. Whatever kept you from coming back here, I'm glad it went ahead and let you return." She leaned into his side as they walked into the dining area, eyeing the food hungrily. "They're all gonna be so happy to see you but first! I bet coming back to life gives you an appetite. After you!" She gestured for him to go first. The breakfast food was no longer being served, as it was after 10:30, but as it got closer and closer to being 11:30, the lunch food was being laid out. Lunch-breakfast was always great anyway.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:55 am

Sokka's expression shifted to a slightly sheepish one as Korra asked him why he was apologizing, right before it softened as she mentioned how they had been scared he was gone. He never thought that Korra or anyone might be angry with him, but even so, he just wasn't sure of what all to say. Sorry sounded like a good starting place after the initial greeting, but his friend's words were definitely helpful to hear as the reality of his return settled in even more. "I'm apologizing for having scared you… I know it wasn't my fault, but… yeah. I can't promise I won't scare you in the future, but I can promise that I'll never be gone."

Nodding to his best friend as she confirmed that Barney had been a huge help, Sokka quirked a curious brow before asking, "A good sport?" That description fit the former security guard all right, but what did she mean by that?

"Wow, so right after I… well, after the castle incident," noted Sokka, nodding as he tried to figure out just when Zuko might have been from. He was young, but that only narrowed down his possible times. Given the way the Korra had mentioned him, it was very likely that he was from some point after he had decided to join Team Avatar, and her mentioning him not going after her only verified it. "I see… yeah, that sounds like it. He's probably from right around my own time then, or just before or after it. This might sound weird, but… is his hair long enough to be put in a top-knot? If it is, and he's not mostly bald, then he's definitely from after he changed sides."

Sokka smiled at Korra's statement about him finally being able to return and at her leaning into him, right before his blue gaze followed hers… now that food looked even more delicious than he had imagined. With a hungry grin and a firm nod to his friend, he said, "Oh yeah, you bet it does… thanks!"

Patting Korra on the shoulder to follow after him, Sokka immediately moved to grab a plate, quickly serving up some of the amazing slices of pizza that was right before them. It was a stranger food that he had taken an instant like to in this world, and it was certainly a nice sight to see as he was set to have his first meal in roughly a month. A full plate and glass of water later, and he was set to grab his favorite table with the best company he could have asked for.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:15 pm

She smiled and looped an arm around his neck, bringing his head in closer. Once it was close enough, she ruffled the hair atop his head. Yep, definitely Sokka, no one else had a haircut like his! "I'm not exactly looking to be killed anytime soon...but if it ever happens, I promise I'll be back too. Water tribe has to stick together, huh?" She gave his hair one more ruffle before releasing him.

She folded her hands behind her back and gave Sokka a much more sheepish grin. A good sport indeed... "Well uh...when he came and he had your sword, I sort of went...Avatar State on him, because I thought he killed you..." She quickly brought her hands back out, holding them out in a placating manner. "B-but I didn't hurt him! He managed to get through to me before that, and we both explained things to each other. He's a nice fellow." Gotta be real nice to take her almost stabbing him with icicles so well, and not keep a grudge. Sokka's next question was pretty odd, Korra scratching at her scalp as she thought it over. "Long enough to be tied back, I guess?" Ooh, so if it was long, it was from after his little Avatar hunting stint. "Good thing for that, huh?" She grinned.

To the dining room they went, Korra walking behind Sokka to grab up a slice of this 'pizza pie' as well. It was odd, but good! She grabbed a small bowl of noodles as well, they weren't Water Tribe noodles but they were still tasty! With a glass of grape juice, she joined Sokka at the table. "Its good to have you back, Sokka." She smiled, before she began to dine on her lunch, slurping up the noodles. This was going to be the best lunch she'd had in a while.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:12 am

Sokka laughed as Korra ruffled his hair, and he soon noted, "Even though the Avatar cycle probably doesn't work here, you'd better not go getting killed… but that sounds good. You know we always stick together."

At that last ruffle, his hand went up to try and settle his wolf tail back into place somewhat, right before he quirked an eyebrow at the sheepish grin his friend met him with. Wait wait… Avatar State?! "What?!" Sokka's eyes widened slightly at that admission, both because of the fact that she had gone Avatar State on Barney and the fact that she been able to activate that state in the first place. She might have still been recovering her own abilities here, but that was… regardless of the situation it had unfolded in, that was a good sign!

But she'd said Barney had been a good sport, so that meant he had to be okay… and sure enough, she was quick to verify that, earning her a slight chuckle from her friend. Yeah, that definitely sounded like Barney all right… "Wow, you went Avatar State over me? I'm honored." That much was definitely true… the two had become close friends, but to know that he was worthy of that sort of reaction? That made his return feel even better. "Yeah, I'd say that good sport describes him then… he is a nice guy, and I'm glad you two were able to help each other out."

Sokka didn't fail to catch Korra's slight reaction to his odd question, and he soon nodded at her response, "Ah, I see… if it was that long, then he was already on our side. He used to go bald with only a ponytail tied back, but he cut it all off when he cut his ties to the Fire Nation for a time." Returning Korra's grin, he added, "Yeah, good thing for sure."

As the two friends got set at the table, Sokka noted, "It's good to be back." At that, he followed Korra's lead and promptly dove into his own meal, only set to say anything else after he'd started to sate his hearty appetite. "So… Barney filled you in and everything seems like it was before all that started to happen. I take it everyone was successful restoring things then?" He was mostly happy to just be back, but given the way that he had not been able to see that final battle through to the end, Sokka kind of had to fill in a few of his own blanks to be able to more fully settle back into things.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:51 pm

Sokka was right. The Avatar Cycle was...pretty much useless here. There was no Earth Kingdom for the other Avatar to be born in, and Sokka had just proven that death wasn't permanent here. If you could die and come back...there wasn't any real need for reincarnation. Though luckily this didn't mean her title as the Avatar was useless. She would one day regain her ability to bend all four elements, and she still had the Avatar State. It just meant that this time, if she were to die, she would get to come back. "Not me! I'm gonna be sticking around here for a while, I don't feel like dying." She winked.

Sokka fixed up his wolftail from her ruffling, though he was pretty shocked to hear that she had gone into the Avatar State. "I know, I'd never done that before..." It was different from what she had done before in the Avatar State. She chuckled slightly at what Sokka said next. "Really? So you aren't...mad or upset?" She had almost hurt his friend after all. She nodded in agreement. "I wouldn't mind seeing him again sometime! He sorta reminds me of you." In that way that the two were similar in being sarcastic with their humor.

She made a slight face as Sokka elaborated. Bald with a ponytail? She'd known several bald men, Tenzin, Meelo, and the Air Acolytes being first in mind. But they had been completely bald. No little ponytails to go with it though. "Eesh. Glad he grew it out." To the food! She slurped her noodles up first, before she began chomping down on her pizza. After that was eaten she grabbed her grape juice and sipped it delicately, before letting out a nice, loud burp. She patted her mouth with a napkin before turning to Sokka. "Hm?" Oh right, the castle and the forgetting! "Yeah, I think so! I don't remember anyone I might have forgotten, and Barney said they fixed everything."
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:27 pm

Sokka was just as confident as Korra was that she would regain her ability to bend all four of the elements, and just as he had promised her after they had first met, he was determined to help see her to that. Bender or not, he could still help her with training… more than that, he could help prove the same support she could to him as they both strove to rebuild their lost power. Returning her wink at her quip, he noted, "Heh-heh-heh… that sounds just fine to me."

Nodding as Korra confirmed that she had never gone into the Avatar State like that, Sokka soon caught her less than certain question, to which he could only smile to her. "No, of course not. I would've probably done the same thing if I thought someone had done something to you." Now if that didn't bring back memories of when he had cornered Azula over her own mention of implication that she had harmed Suki, then Sokka didn't know what did. And then there was the time that he saw how Aang's firebending mishap had burnt Katara… yeah, he had definitely done the same thing to both allies and enemies. "In fact I… kind of have before… but really, I promise it's okay. I know Barney, and I'm sure he knows you didn't mean anything bad by it."

Sokka couldn't help but grin at Korra's admission that she wouldn't mind seeing Barney again sometime was well as at her statement that he reminded her of him… one meeting and she had already seen the traits they shared in common. Now THAT was pretty neat.

Chuckling a little at the face that Korra made over Zuko's original hairstyle, Sokka agreed, adding, "Yeah, it looks a LOT better now…" Man, it would be neat to see Zuko… that would be one heck of a surprise for both of them.

As the two friends began to chow down on the delicious food, Sokka gave Korra a thumbs up at her belch, but before he could jokingly give her a score on it, she responded to his question about the castle. Nodding as he took that answer in and smiling a little, he stated, "Good… good. I'm glad to hear it. It was a pretty harrowing experience… and I'm just glad it's all over."

Honestly, he was just glad to be back… to be remembered and be able to spend time with his best friend like this? Those were the best birthday presents he could have asked for today.

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:51 am