Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Settling Some Differences

Post by Kev on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:48 pm

Unfortunately true. If Ridley went around telling people, especially his victims, about his plans then it would be very stupid of him. Profitable for them all, but not so for him, which was exactly why people like him didn't do such a thing. Oh, but how much easier things could be...

Ah, so by the time Karkat did all of that, Ridley was already all hopped up on the very stuff he had poisoned others with. "Not as much fun when its your bruuka becoming addicted and infected with that stuff, huh? And oh yes, a big thorn. In fact, he might have been the biggest since from what I could tell, he was the catalyst for Kefka's change." If Kefka had never become close with him, he probably wouldn't have begun to open up to others. "F-fun while it lasted?!" He seemed to sputter at the very idea, as if he forgot just who he was talking to. "Delightful?!"

And then he started to laugh! It seemed even Kev's anger about being entertaining was...well, entertaining. He bristled at the very idea, annoyed. There wasn't much he could do though, especially in the shape he was in. What was he going to do, make Ridley get a different sense of humor? Not likely. So instead, he caught his breath and tried to focus on fighting Ridley instead of the pain he felt, feeling weaker and weaker. The airborne dragon crashed into the ground and charged towards Kev, knocking him flat onto his bruuka. He let out a groan, feeling the sand scrap into him, but otherwise coming out of this one unharmed. Though he was still a bloody, injured wreck. He had to do something to Ridley in order to bring him down a few pegs. Because right now? Ridley seemed quite energetic and healthy while Kev was sitting here bleeding all over the place and with pieces of flesh missing from one forearm.

He pushed himself into a sitting position, locking eyes with the dragon. He focused, concentrated. He pushed himself hard. He maintained eye contact, and there was a push, from his mind to Ridley's. "Gnaw it off, Ridley. Gnaw your tail off. Gnaw it off right now."

---
    (75/650) - HP
    (0/120) - AP (Gained one from no activity, resulting in 2. -2 AP for power)

Mental Suggestion (telepathic):

--Carefully connecting his mind to another’s, Kev can slip a mental suggestion through the minds natural defenses. No matter the training or mental immunity, everyone’s mind has some crack that can be exploited.

Specifics: flip three coins

x0 HIT: nothing happens
    x1 HIT: doesn't work and opponent knows what's happening
    x2 HIT: works, but opponent may break free with a coin
    x3 HIT: works fully, opponent must follow suggestion

NOTE: cannot be used to kill the opponent[/i]

Last edited by Kev on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:48 pm

The member 'Kev' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Pirate Lord Ridley

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:13 pm

Still, it'd be pretty amusing. Would a villain that told people his plans really be classified as a true villain? He'd obviously fail every time and it'd be so easy because the heroes would know what to do. Could you really classify that as a villain? Depends on interpretation, supposedly. Ridley, however, was a bona-fide asshole with a wish to hurt, to maim, and to kill. He didn't reveal his plans, he didn't reveal whether he HAD any plans, he just in general did not reveal much at all. Except his desire to kill. You could all know about that; he was proud of it.

"I enjoyed the death of all those that died. It was all worth it." He replied, nonchalantly. He genuinely did not care for the lives of everyone he'd killed. Not even Mary. And he'd gotten a huge ass shriek in the brain for that little murder. "Karkat did the impossible. From what I heard, his 'Blood Powers' allowed Kefka to grow close. Kefka Palazzo was insane! A psychopath. Blood does not affect psychopathy. There must have been an external factor... something to do with the fact that there were two of him. Even so... if Kefka couldn't learn to try and use me to further his own selfish goals, he was of no use to me in the first place. A case of misplaced faith."

Ridley only loved Kev's reaction more and more as time went on. Kev seemed bewildered and shocked by the way Ridley passed off death as something fun, the way he bragged about his sheer enjoyment of the subject of stealing away one's life and causing so much pain not only to them, but to others. It only served to raise Ridley's bloodlust even more.

Speaking of things that served to raise his bloodlust, Kev's mental suggestions weren't going to help that cause much. Whether he succeeded or failed, Ridley was just about done messing around with light hits. It was the end of the battle, and whoever was going out was going out with a bang. Ridley's eyes met Kev's just that one time, but that was all Kev needed. Kev attempted to slip through Ridley's mind, his mental suggestion seeping through. Ridley nearly became entranced by it, but at the last second he pulled away. Looked like his mind was tougher than it seemed...

Ridley charged forward, and attempted to rake his razor-sharp talons across Kev as Kev was stood there. It'd tear clothes, but skin? YOU GOT LUCKY, PUNK.

...As did Ridley.

-----

[[HP: 165/650]]
    [[AP: 5/120]]

Last edited by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lord Ridley: #804040
    Space Pirates: #408080
    Credit of breathtaking character sheet image to Kritken on DeviantART!
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:13 pm

The member 'Pirate Lord Ridley' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Coin Flip' :

#3 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 7
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:49 am

"Why? What did any of our deaths do for you? You didn't even get to see any of us die! I know for sure you didn't get to watch me die, and you mostly stayed up in Space. None of us ever did anything to you. Why did you want us all dead?" Kev couldn't comprehend how Ridley thought. Wanting someone dead, like he wanted Ridley dead, made sense if fueled by vengeance or hate. Not a very pure reason to want someone dead, no, but a reason he understood.

Pirate Lord Ridley wrote:"Karkat did the impossible. From what I heard, his 'Blood Powers' allowed Kefka to grow close."
    That gained Ridley a very confused stare. "Blood...powers? He didn't have any blood powers. He had that thing where he could pat someone's face and make them calm down but I wasn't aware of any blood powers." If such a thing were true then he did have to agree with Ridley. How could blood powers cure insanity? By making more blood flow there or something? External factor...two Kefkas? "What do you mean?" Kefka had mentioned something about some 'other him' doing...something to make Nepeta hate him.

Kev watched, eyes on Ridley's tail, hoping and praying that luck would go his way and that Ridley would harm himself. That he would chew off his own tail, that he could at least really hurt him before he may die. That he could really make him suffer, that he could hurt him like he himself had been hurt. But no, that would not be the case. The only blood to be spilled was Kev's, as Ridley charged ahead and slashed Kev's chest with his talons. The wounds itself were not that bad, but they only added to his pain and waning health. The dragon was in close quarters, so he grabbed Ridley's arm and tried to twist it, eager not to die with Ridley seeming so healthy in comparison. If only Ridley's arm was smaller, maybe he could even break it. He growled and pulled sharply.

---
    (68/650) - HP
    (0/120) - AP

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:49 am

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 51
    Pirate Lord Ridley

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:42 pm

"Just knowing that you did die; knowing that you suffered and that it ended in your deaths. That's more than enough for me. Hahahaha, I just feel great knowing so many of you had your petty lives ended that day... I don't even have had to have been there... but I saw the carnage of the day I unleashed everything first hand. It was so fun, watching everyone squirm!" He seemed to enjoy himself just thinking of the memories of all the pain he'd caused. There wasn't much chance you would understand his thinking, either; your mindsets were totally different. To put it bluntly, Kev's was the better mindset, Ridley just heavily enjoying slaughter.

"I may have been ill informed. Unless we just don't understand the Alternians... not that I need to know any of that shit." Blood Powers... from a Knight of Blood, right? Looked like Ridley knew about as much as you. Either way, the Alternians had long since stopped being anything similar to a threat. They all left, and only two remained. The only real 'group' they were considered a part of anymore was the collective citizens as a whole. As for Kefka? "You didn't see the second one? Every so often, a second Kefka would appear. That Kefka was more... red tinted in his outfit and skin tone, like some sort of supernatural thing. He would cause destruction and mischief everywhere before becoming a part of the real Kefka again. I believe it was the repressed feelings he was building inside taking shape. He was friendly. He acted kind and friendly with people due to their influence, and due to his own body refusing to do what he inwardly wanted to do, it instead projected a different him to cause as much shit as it could." To release the pent up feelings and will for destruction.

As Ridley clawed, Kev grabbed it and tugged in an attempt to break it. He'd noticed how tiny the skin on some parts of Ridley's body was, it seemed... he was almost as noodly as you in places! His neck was guarded... his arms, not all that much. Kev tugged, but to no avail as Ridley pulled his arm back right afterward, slamming it down to try and crush Kev into the ground with considerable force.

-----

[[HP: 165/650]]
    [[AP: 5/120]]

Last edited by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:42 pm

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 18
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:46 pm

The suffering from that whole month...the screams of pain, the sorrow from watching friends become corrupted by Phazon, the fear, the anguish, all of it, all of it was like a day at the movies for Ridley! He'd watched the initial exposure of the Phazon as if he were at a movie theater, laughing and relishing their pain. This was the first time Kev had been face to face with someone so...sadistic. There were others in PB like this, of course, and the people who tried to take PB over were obviously sadistic and power hungry, but Ridley's sadism was so close and real, he could see the pride in Ridley's eyes as he spoke of the carnage. It was...disturbing. "You're sick..." He felt some real fear now, picking a fight with Ridley. He always knew he was a bastard, but not a bastard like this! And, being ever so bright, he picked a fight with him and was now alone with him. Bad idea, Kev. Very bad idea.

"The Alternians can be hard to understand." That was just how it was. The only thing Kev really had a good understanding of was the quadrants. Everything else was a little too weird or incomprehensible. And unto the second Kefka, Kev shook his head. No, he had never met this second Kefka himself. Heard of briefly, yes. Met, no. So because of his friendships with people, he began to suppress his very nature...making this second Kefka who was more chaotic. That explained why Nepeta didn't like this other Kefka, he wondered what it had done? "Maybe he got tired of repressing himself like that..." Maybe he gave in to this other Kefka, and decided to leave to get away from their influences so that he could be who he really was. Maybe it really was his fault after all.

Kev had put his heart and soul into his tugs, trying to cause the dragon some semblance of pain! He tugged and tugged before suddenly the arm tugged him back, pulling him back before slamming him down into the hard, dusty ground. "HUAAAGH!" He shook and winced, breathing heavily as the thrust seemed to knock the wind out of him. He wheezed painfully, before he began to strike out with his legs, trying to kick the dragon desperately.

---
    (50/650) - HP
    (0/120) - AP

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:46 pm

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 11
    Pirate Lord Ridley

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Man, was this good! Ridley did so love the look of someone who despised him. The way Kev looked right now, Ridley was having a ball of a time. He really had enjoyed the Phazon Crisis, too; as he said, he'd gladly do it again despite the fact that he gets taken over by the stuff himself just so that he could watch the massacre all over again. People had willingly walked into the Phazon on the day to save their loved ones, only to die in the embrace of not their loved ones, but the corpses of their loved ones, their feeble attempts at heroism doing nothing to increase their chances of survival. Sick indeed.

Alternians... they were quite the mystery, but not one Ridley was interested in. They just weren't very interesting to Ridley in general; they were a bunch of children that interfered where they had no business interfering, in his opinion. If they got in his way ever again, he still wouldn't hesitate to kill them; Ridley had never had a problem murdering children. It did kinda screw him over though, as one of his attempted children murders ended up killing him a shedload of times. Go figure! "Him leaving likely removed him of guilt and worry of 'offending' other parties. He will have fused with that other Kefka and I can't imagine the Gamma he has gone to is doing well with an insane, divine being killing all in his quest for power. He's probably causing carnage... and while that's viewed as the 'worse' option by you and the others living here, it's finally releasing him from the chains that were weighing him down and keeping him from being what he wanted to be on the inside."

Kev kicked out at Ridley... at this point, Ridley would have pitied the poor alien, had it not been for Ridley's nature. What Ridley would do? No change. He wasn't going to stop this anytime soon. He was done messing around, and now he was just going to kill Kev. That was, provided things didn't 180 and Kev didn't pull a murder out of his ass for Ridley himself.

Ridley continued smashing down on the ground, trying to crush Kev against the earth that made up Portal Breach itself, leaving a large crater where he pummeled.

-----

[[HP: 156/650]]
    [[AP: 2/120]]

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:48 pm

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 33, 48
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:16 pm

What a depressing situation. Kefka had wanted to change...wanted to be nice and friendly, for his friends' sake. In doing so, he had repressed who he really was, which wasn't what Kev had wanted. He did enjoy Kefka's company, and the memories he shared with the clown...he had felt a connection with him. A deep, emotional connection and Kefka had helped him through quite a few situations. However...he didn't want that at the expense of who Kefka was. He enjoyed the clown, but he didn't want him to change himself in a way that made him uncomfortable. Zurg had changed himself and seemed content with how he ended up, he only ever wanted that for Kefka too. Now he was gone...he was gone, had embraced that destructive side of him and was now unleashing terror upon a new Gamma.

"I just wanted him to be happy. And if that makes him happy, fine." Kev's desperate kick had met Ridley's body, but didn't seem to do much to deter him. It was just as much, they were the desperate actions of someone getting close to his end. He didn't necessarily expect Ridley to pry himself away from Kev and beg for mercy from his powerful kicks of doom. Ridley continued smashing him down into the ground, Kev wincing and struggling against the dragon, until one such smashing seemed to hit the spot...

CRACK

Something in his back, probably a rib, had broken from the force of Ridley's pummeling. "AAAUGH!" He began to snort and wheeze, blood dripping from his nostrils. "Aah...nyaaah...t-tulsit." He shivered, glaring up at Ridley. This wasn't how he wanted it to end. The edges of his vision were already turning black. He wheezed again before he began to thrash in Ridley's grasp, fists flying to at least hit him one more time before he died. He threw all of the strength he had leftover into his fists, desperate to bring Ridley down.

---
    (2/650) - HP
    (1/120) - AP

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:16 pm

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 2, 14, 34
    Pirate Lord Ridley

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Ridley... stopped caring about Kefka a while ago. It had been said, but it was true. The fact that Kefka had gone out of his way like that already pushed Kefka down in Ridley's eyes; if he was truly who he said he was, he would have cared about himself. Ridley believed his story. It was plausible enough, and there was plainly enough evidence. He just didn't believe that Kefka had truly been a psychopath. If he was... this entire thing wouldn't have happened. Kefka... was no longer a useful asset to Ridley. He'd gone under all expectations.

Kev punched Ridley as the latter slammed him, and the punch was a punch that really did not do anything at all; the punch of a dying creature. Ridley was certain at this point. Victory was nigh. Kev didn't have much left in him at all, and it had been a relatively long battle. He noted the blood over Kev as he lay in the crater Ridley had made for him, his last breaths being ones of pained will to kill the dragon that stood above him. Ridley didn't plan to give him a chance to do so. Kev seemed much too pained to do so, anyway.

CRACK.

A wonderous crack. The Pirate Lord enjoyed the sound of it. The sound of another life ending was music to his ears, and all he needed to hear. "Now, Kev... it's far too late for regrets. It's time to die." Ridley raised his claw, and spread it flat. His X-Ray Visor snapped into place as he brought the claw down with as much strength as he could muster; his claw being the size of Kev's torso, his aim was to snap and break every bone Kev had in his body, leaving only the skull bones untouched. Ridley wanted to see Kev's distorted face as he died.

-----

[[HP: 154/650]]
    [[AP: 0/120]]
    [[Trinket Cooldown: FIVE TURNS]]

--Visors (accuracy):

A few visors of Space Pirate origin that the Pirates have created after examining the technology on Samus Aran's power suit, and now they can be slotted in front of Ridley's eyes at his will underneath his meta-armour and allow him to see the target wherever they are.

x0 HIT: Miss
    x1 HIT: Half damage
    x2 HIT: Full damage

AP Cost: 2AP per use; shares five turn cool down with other trinkets.

Last edited by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:36 pm