Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Settling Some Differences

Post by Kev on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Ridley had a point, no matter what, the circus would have been defeated. "Just like what happened to you, huh?" Oh yes, he'd heard of the raiders. Of how those who had been tired of sitting behind shields. Those who were stuck in their houses while their friends died. They had enough and they stepped in, helping to take down Ridley and his forces. A shame that he hadn't lived to see it. He shook his head. "The circus, no. The witch behind it, yes. He'd said as much. That even though he had the Gods inside of him, it was her that managed to cause their power to come out." And, in one moment, overtake him.

Pirate Lord Ridley wrote:"If that circus hadn't awoken him, he'd have awoken naturally later, and your little friendship that you stirred inside him... would have caused the same thing! What you're arguing... is my point. It's YOUR fault he followed her. Your fault he isn't still here. He didn't leave because he knew she'd be lonely; she left with the majority of the trolls!"

Kev grabbed his head, wanting to punch Ridley's face in and unable to, and finally his eyes snapped back open and he met the dragon's stare. "FINE! Maybe it IS my fault! Okay?! But I thought I was making him happy! I cared about him a lot, I cared about the both of them! And he wasn't entirely alone when he secluded himself, he still had Wheatley!" Who Kev should check up on, since it was his powers that made the robotic ball float. "Still, you...have...a point. He was always so unsure about himself...maybe he finally got tired of questioning himself. But you didn't help either! If you hadn't gotten him to go along with this stupid plan of your's, he wouldn't have felt guilty about what happened! Why couldn't you just be happy with what you had, huh? Why do people like you need to make others suffer to make yourself happy?" He turned his head away and sighed. "You ruined everything." Maybe not everything, but right now it sure felt like it. Especially when he spoke of doing it again.

"If your talons are so powerful, why am I still standing?" The roar caused him to wince and close his eyes, though he snorted when he heard Ridley screech in pain. "Go ahead! I don't care anymore! I'm ready. I'm ready to die again." He lifted his head, proud. He might not have killed him, but at least he knew he had really hurt him a few times. He could have been killed in Ridley's first attack but instead of persevered. Dying a fourth time wasn't that bad anyways. Right?

He screeched again and flew above Kev, tail stabbing downwards towards him. His eyes widened and on instinct more than anything, he jumped back to his feet and moved out of the way, not managing to avoid the last slap of his tail. He let out a yelp as the tail's tip stabbed into his shoulder, though he grabbed onto the tail, keeping himself on the tip, but not without reason. He dug his feet into the ground and pulled sharply on the tail, hoping to send him crashing to the ground, though as things are the way they are, that might not happen.

---
    (112/650) - HP
    (0/120) - AP

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:41 pm

The member 'Kev' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 48
    Pirate Lord Ridley

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:42 pm

"It was for the best that it happened to me. Had it not, I would still be a puppet." Ages past, the only part he could properly remember from the Phazon Crisis was the very beginning, with the Space Pirate Invasion. His brain had been nothing but mush after Dark Samus fought him and defeated him, as he'd been corrupted to the point where he was literally just a monster, losing his intelligence in order to gain more power. It was not a state he voluntarily wanted to be in.

And then, when Kev decided to press him regarding Kefka's experience in his scheme... "Your information is incorrect. That's just it. I didn't force him to join in. He joined of his own free will. Why? To protect you, it would seem." Ridley gave Kev a cold glare. There was so much about him that could have been studied... he'd have been a fantastic test subject. But, it would appear that it was not to be. Ridley didn't care much since there were so many others here that held potential for research, but Kefka was quite the loss, nonetheless. The power of Gods... what power that must be.

After his attack... Kev showed a surprising amount of strength, pulling Ridley down to the ground with force enough to do damage and leave a large crater, although some of that might just have been Ridley's weight. "You lack strength to fight, yet retain the power to pull me down? Curious... let's see just how much longer you'll last." Ridley spun around, using his tail as a battering ram as he lashed out twice more with it.

It was his strongest weapon as of now, after all.

-----

[[HP: 233/650]]
    [[AP: 7/120]]
    [[LV5 RECHARGE - 2 TURNS]]
    [[LV30 RECHARGE - 3 TURNS]]

--Prehensile Tail (damage enhancer):

Having had it since he molted his larval form, Ridley's tail is a multi-purpose destructive weapon. Razor sharp at the tip like the sharpest spear, and rock hard the rest of the way up until his main body, it is useful in battle as it can easily skewer an opponent, slice off parts of their body, or just generally be a battering ram to knock them around. It's an incredibly powerful tail, too; it can pierce the strongest armour when used to stab.

Specifics: 2 dice/1 coin.

AP Cost: 3 AP per attack.

Lord Ridley: #804040
    Space Pirates: #408080
    Credit of breathtaking character sheet image to Kritken on DeviantART!
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:42 pm

The member 'Pirate Lord Ridley' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 20, 49, 24, 25, 46, 4
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:29 am

A puppet, to the Dark Hunter? But of course, Ridley had fallen victim to his own poison. So in a sense, of course he would consider what happened a mercy. "How do you know it wouldn't just happen all over again? Especially with people becoming better prepared for the next time. Just...give up your plans, while you can. Take it from me, as a bit of friendly advice." Evil plans don't usually thrive, at least ones that involved destroying the entire place and infecting its citizens.

Aah, Ridley was right. Unfortunately. Ridley didn't twist Kefka's arm to make him join in on his plan. Though Ridley's interpretation earned him a curious look. "Protect us? By betraying you in the end, you mean? 'Cause otherwise, sounds like a pretty weird way to protect someone." He shuffled a bit. "I don't think that was his intentions when he first joined up with you. If that's any consolation..." Sometimes Kefka could be a confusing person.

Much to Kev's own surprise, his move to slam Ridley down into the ground actually worked! Complete with a crater from his landing and a nice thud! Though, as had been mentioned, that was likely due to Ridley's weight more than any amazing strength of Kev's, though he brought his heavily injured arm closer, wincing. A bad move to do with two injured arms, maybe, since it made the pain in them throb. Still, he again felt quite proud. Though Ridley's last comment did nothing to give him comfort. He jerked away from Ridley and threw himself to the ground to avoid the tail, that now acted as a battering ram to shove him to the floor. He panted briefly before looking back up, surprised that Ridley's tail had kept from hitting him this time! Maybe he could still win this thing after all! Kev got back up and charged ahead.

"Looks like I'm lasting for quite a while, huh Riddles?!" His legs thankfully not nearly as injured as his legs, he charged forward and threw his body against Ridley's. He didn't have much of himself to use as a battering ram after all.

---
    (112/650) - HP
    (0/120) - AP

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:29 am

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 28
    Pirate Lord Ridley

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:01 pm

"And who..." Ridley continued. "Says I have any plans." The Space Pirates had, admittedly, been more focused on studying the very world that they lived in as of late. The Reformat had been very educational regarding the true nature of their world... but they'd been moving on with their Phazon plan, so they hadn't had much chance to look at the world in the light that had been brought to them by the Reformat; the world was made of code and they were merely data.

Not surprisingly, they hadn't made all THAT much progress. It was hard to deconstruct the world when you were in it.

"Yes. It has long been apparent to me that after he joined us, for the Phazon scheme... his ideas changed, and he decided he'd rather betray me to help those who had gotten so close to him." After all, Kefka had helped provide some useful information through his screens. "He was all up for the task, enjoying the idea of destruction... but when I denied him the right to keep the trolls safe, he decided that he'd value his friendship with the trolls over causing destruction. He began to become more level from there on out. He started to hate the idea of destruction... wanting peace. He was conflicted inside. That power was giving him urges... urges to cause destruction. His friendship that he had gained was fighting against that. He joined up in the Phazon business so that he could use his rank in the Space Pirates to find and provide unique data to you and to everyone else that participated; we found his intrusions and what he'd been up to. Without him betraying me... you wouldn't have made it to critical points as you would have been lacking knowledge; this planet would have long since been lost to Phazon." It would be a second Phaaze.

Ridley slid to the left when Kev charged, dodging his attack. He just wanted to see Kev scream in pain... to scream in the pain as he felt himself being torn limb from limb. To put it simply... sadistic hedonism.

"I want to see how long you can keep that up. Keep dodging, Kev." He flew near Kev, and lashed out yet again with his tail.

-----

[[HP: 233/650]]
    [[AP: 1/120]]
    [[LV5 RECHARGE - 1 TURNS]]
    [[LV30 RECHARGE - 2 TURNS]]

--Prehensile Tail (damage enhancer):

Having had it since he molted his larval form, Ridley's tail is a multi-purpose destructive weapon. Razor sharp at the tip like the sharpest spear, and rock hard the rest of the way up until his main body, it is useful in battle as it can easily skewer an opponent, slice off parts of their body, or just generally be a battering ram to knock them around. It's an incredibly powerful tail, too; it can pierce the strongest armour when used to stab.

Specifics: 2 dice/1 coin.

AP Cost: 3 AP per attack.

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:01 pm

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 39, 15, 30, 19
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:34 am

Pirate Lord Ridley wrote:"And who...says I have any plans."

"Um...you did? You were all 'I'd do it all again, MWAHAHAHA!'. When you act like that, I think you have plans! Since you don't, I guess you aren't much of a threat after all." As long as he had no plans to reenact the Phazon Crisis, Kev would be content to ignore the dragon after this day, maybe even pretend he had never met him.

Ridley agreed and spoke further. What he spoke of was change. Kefka first agreed to join with Ridley's plans for the sake of destruction and chaos, though he began to change directions. He wanted to protect the trolls, and Ridley disagreed. He blinked, so that was the catalyst to make him start going against Ridley then? "Why didn't you just give that to him? Let him keep the trolls safe? Though they managed to keep themselves during it anyways, you probably would have kept his allegiance to you if you had." Compromises. They were good for you and all of your evil plans~! Because oooh yes, things would have ended much...differently, had Kefka not leaked his information. "I bet even without Kefka, Portal X would have just come down and done away with it. He is a God after all. There is no way your Phazon would have taken this entire place over forever." Though if it had, he would have stayed dead rather than come back and be infected all over again.

The charge had been dodged, and rather easily too! Ridley merely slid, avoiding his little tackle entirely. Kev skidded to a stop and turned about halfway, eyes narrowed. "Why do you want to see how long I can keep this up?" He flew closer and his tail lashed out angrily, Kev stepping around every strike frantically. It seems it was now, with his power becoming significantly less...powerful and his health waning, that he got some bit of luck at last. "Wish granted, My Liege." You wanted him to dodge, and he had dodged. Now lets see how well he could do...

He charged again, though this time it was a burnt arm he held out, aiming a punch towards the dragon. He drew his fist back again and with the press of a button, held a ball of fire in his hands. He punched at the dragon and backed away from him again. Dodge that.

---
    (112/650) - HP
    (1/120) - AP (Gained 5 hp due to two rounds of one coin/dice attacks)

- Flaming Punch: 1 Coin / 3 Die (1 AP – 5 Turn Recharge)

Level 1–19:
    3 dice, 1 coinflip = 2 AP
    6 dice, 2 coinflips = 4 AP

Level 20–39:

3 dice, 1 coinflip = 3 AP
    6 dice, 2 coinflips = 6 AP

Level 40+:
    3 dice, 1 coinflip = 4 AP
    6 dice, 2 coinflips = 8 AP

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:34 am

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 3

#3 'Coin Flip' :

#4 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 16, 20, 28
    Pirate Lord Ridley

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:51 pm

(Sorry for taking such a long time!)

"Humph. Equally, I might have plans. To reveal to someone like you would be folly." Of the highest degree. I will confirm that the Phazon Crisis was a one time thing. I can't do it again. When the Planet Phaaze was destroyed, assumedly by your citizen troops, all Phazon disappeared from the universe. There's no Phazon left anywhere. Your friends' restored bodies are proof enough of that." It wasn't like that was confidential information. Hell, Ridley believed it was common knowledge.

Change, indeed. But with change, would have come revolution. "At the time, I thought nothing of it. My refusal to allow the trolls safety was simply due to the fact that, you think they would have condoned the murder of other users? They are a violent race, but Karkat is protective. To keep them free would be idiotic." No point in going through a revolution if you didn't have to. Planning ahead helped in the long run.

"But that's just it- there has to have been a reason. Those who weren't even users were dying in the masses. Your beloved God didn't come to help during that time. There must have been a reason why it let you deal with it, despite the odds being improbable judging by the extremes you had to go to; something that would have caused a result that no-one wanted." He didn't know what that reason was, however he was adamant that there must have been a reason. After all, Portal-X could have cleared away the Phazon to save the NPCs THEN left the users to go fight Ridley. Why didn't it?

"Why? Because you're entertaining. I came here to be entertained, whether I lose or win. Your victory means more to you than my victory does to me, but be assured; I will kill you if I win. There won't be an escape." He wasn't really infuriated like he had been anymore. He felt more calm, and more willing to not tear the crap out of Kev. His headache had receded a bit, after all.

Ridley, unable to dodge, felt Kev punch him. He stared Kev down as he did so. Kev... used fire again. Well, alright. Ridley took the fire and flew up, extending a green cannon, gripped by his talons; he fired a shot of green energy at Kev, the type that was capable of bypassing matter itself.

-----

[[HP: 165/650]]
    [[AP: 0/120]]
    [[LV5 RECHARGE - READY-ISH]]
    [[LV30 RECHARGE - 1 TURN]]

Nova Beam (energy cannon):

--The weapon is a beam cannon of Space Pirate origin. It fires a high-frequency beam that passes through all armour and skin and strikes opponent inside their body. Is an object to be carried around, but has a slot in his armour to be stored in.

Specifics: 1 die/1coin; each successful shot ignores armor/shields.

AP Cost: 1 AP per attack.

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:51 pm

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (56-60)' : 32
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:24 am

Might have plans, might not have plans, ugh. What a flippity flop. He huffed but made no remarks, listening instead. At least he had that to be grateful for, no more Phazon. That was true, when that planet had been obliterated it had destroyed all of the Phazon in the Gamma. Thus, making them able to come back without getting infected again, and allowing the others to not have to die to be rid of their infections. Bet the Good Doctor was happy about that one.

Eh, Ridley had a point. "And they still ended up being free and uninfected. And Karkat in particular was a thorn in your side for this, wasn't he? He was the one that crashed into the Phaaze." And became a God-tier because of it, somehow. So by refusing Kefka's request he tried to keep something from happening that ended up happening anyway. Meeting your fate on the path you take to avoid it and all that.

And again he had a point. Portal X did not appear and make everything disappear with a snap of his fingers. His ISOs had created a shield against the infected robots of Ra Moon and even that didn't last forever, and where was he again? "I don't appreciate your tone. He may be a God, but he's not my God. Even then, we can't even begin to fathom how a God thinks, especially one like him. I've been here longer than you, and I've never really seen him just step up and fix things easily. He can't, I don't think. This is a place of Balance, and as terrible as your schemes were they are needed to have the good. If ever the situation got out of hand, he'd likely have to intervene in some way. Maybe not directly, but a way that would help." Like a Nergal in the shape of a hammer, which had actually appeared in the mines though Kev never got to touch it.

Pirate Lord Ridley wrote:"Why? Because you're entertaining. I came here to be entertained, whether I lose or win."
    Kev's eyes narrowed into slits and he lurched a bit, stance taking a more predatory one as he flexed the fingers of one hand out as if there were talons at the end. An uncharacteristic hiss slipped out of him as he glared up at the dragon. "Oh, well, as long as you're entertained. Gods know I want to make sure you're ENTERTAINED! I WANT TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE GOOD AND HAPPY BEFORE I KEEL OVER FOR YOU! LET YOU HAVE A RIGHT GOOD CHUCKLE AT MY EXPENSE! WELL RIDLEY? WHAT DO YOU THINK, SHOULD I TAKE THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD, HUH? HUH?!" He clenched his hand into a tight fist, all he could see was red, and Ridley's smug face. "Even if it kills me I'm going to kill you today! See how entertaining that is for you!" He turned his gaze upwards as Ridley suddenly flew up, holding out a green cannon. "Damn." He had no idea what it was Ridley held, but it couldn't be good.

All he could see was green, and then suddenly pain. He let out a loud scream and collapsed to his knees and hands, panting heavily. Even the act of breathing hurt right now, he cringed and clenched his fists into the dirt, shaking. "Nyaaah...shit!" It didn't look like Kev was going to be able to attack back just yet.

---
    (80/650) - HP
    (1/120) - AP

Pirate Lord Ridley

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Pirate Lord Ridley on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:31 pm

No true villain revealed his plans to anyone that wasn't in league with them. To reveal to Kev of all people whether Ridley had plans or not compromised everything. "Hi, Kev! Guess what? Got a new scheme brewing! Wanna here all about it? It's got some juicy details about how I'm going to attempt to kill you and everything you hold dear! Oh! No telliiiiiiing!" Yeah, Ridley was gonna stay secretive. All the same, he didn't actually have plans. In a world like this where the deity actually made itself known and acted unlike the proposed 'Gods' of his world, and where heroes from all around roam, what purpose did Space Pirates have? Currently, they were just continuing to recover from the humongous losses they received due to Phazon in general.

"By the time Karkat crashed into Phaaze, I was no longer myself. But I suppose so, he was a thorn in my side." Ridley wouldn't deny you that. "In hindsight, fate was inevitable. But, it was fun while it lasted." He chuckled darkly. Death was great, in his opinion.

"Then, I suppose my scheme and the entire Phazon Crisis was necessary. If not... something else would have taken its place. A place of Balance must have evil in a while, and looks like I was that evil. I'm just glad to have been able to enjoy all the death that I rained down on that day. All the suffering I caused... it was delightful." He was a monster. An absolute monster.

Ridley laughed yet again, Kev's outburst setting him off. "Very well! Let's finish this!" Ridley plummeted towards the ground, crashed down, and charged at Kev with a ramming attack that would knock Kev over if it hit; Ridley would end the attack on the other side of Kev, though, no matter how far he was taken by the hit.

-----

[[HP: 165/650]]
    [[AP: 0/120]]
    [[LV30 RECHARGE - READY]]

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar: