Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Just An Inquiry? Maybe.

Post by Hazama on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:01 pm

Time: 11:40 AM
    Date: 13th March, 2013

Ah, Jo's Chop Shop and Robot Repair. The only place he'd heard about like this in town, and equally the place he'd decided to head to. What do you know, as well; it was the one place he needed to head! He needed it solely for the purpose of fixing up. But he didn't want the owner of this establishment to be the one doing the fixing; oh, no. He wanted to do the fixing himself. In other words, he wasn't here to enlist help. Nope! He was here to see if there was anything... for sale. That was what he was after. He was sure he had the credits, too; he had more than he thought were enough to pay for the things he was after.

Eyes shut tightly as usual (and remaining shut), the ever-smiling Hazama made his way into the shop. Opening and closing the door behind him, he walked over to the counter, interested in the place. It seemed nice, he thought. A tad old-fashioned, but that was just him because he'd come from the year 2100, in a world decorated using magic and science. Not quite as advanced as Portal Breach technology, but not all THAT far off. They had branched off into using magic as well, mind. Called MagiTek by Kefka, called Ars Armagus by Hazama. Potayto, potarto.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" Hazama called out, just making sure someone had heard him enter. He wasn't an impatient guy (most of the time) but he liked to make sure that he was known when he wanted people to be aware that he was there. He placed his hand on his hat, a friendly smile forming on his face as he waited to be served. Or, he waited while hoping that he would be able to be served. If they didn't do what he was after, he'd have to keep looking, you see.

So, anyone there?

Last edited by Hazama on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Just An Inquiry? Maybe.

Post by Zurg on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:25 pm

And who might this be?

If Hazama was looking for a certain brown-haired mechanic, well; chances were good that he'd be disappointed fairly soon. Jo was not in - not after what happened last week and he would not let her. It was... best not to talk about what happened last week. Zurg was in, however. The alien was currently preoccupied in the back, sorting through papers and official documents while making sure to keep all records organized. Managerial work was his one comfort right now. Imagine his surprise, then, when he heard someone walk through that front door and inquire if anyone was around.

"..." The monarch paused through his cataloging and looked up, eyes briefly glowing. Did he want to be bothered right now or should he be a good employee and answer? He figured to keep up with Jo's work ethic and set the stack of files down, getting up to head for the main lobby. What awaited him was a lanky fellow with bright green hair and really squinty eyes - someone related to Velspar? No, that couldn't be right. This man was far too much of a snappy dresser compared to the Narcoblix. "Welcome," he supposed, sounding not very lively. Zurg rested his hands upon the counter, where recently dressed wounds could be seen. It was... also best not to ask what happened. "What can I help you with?"

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Hazama noticed Zurg's healing wounds first, but he ignored them completely. Was he here to ask about wounds and hear a story? No. That was unnecessary, and he didn't really care either way. He was just here to do business, anyway. Say... this alien was rather formally dressed. Looked like some sort of religious gown. Again, something he would not ask about since he wasn't even the slightest bit interested. Yep, Hazama was a man who didn't care about things not related to him or what he was doing. If you tried to present him with something like that... he'd outright tell you that he wasn't interested.

But anyway.

This man was the nice employee, here to answer his question and possibly give him what he was after. "Why, hello there. I'm well aware this is a repair shop, but I want to ask whether you sell... tools. Preferably ones that won't break easily. I have a loooot of work to do, you see, but not the required tools for the job." It was hit or miss. They either would sell, or wouldn't sell. "If you have it, I'll need a very significant list of things." He'd be prepared to give the list, but he needed to be sure that they did sell these things, first.

No use bombarding poor Zurg with useless information if he didn't need it, after all.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Good - someone who was concise and down to business. Don't overstay your welcome, newcomer.

Zurg's patience was already thin, but he decided to humour this customer. "Depends," was his simple answer. Now, what would a nicely-dressed man do with a few tools? Simpler tools could be purchased at the local supermarket or mall, no? Unless the man either overlooked this small detail or he wasn't aware that any such place existed, that meant the monarch felt his littlest toes tingle. "You will have to specify what tools you seek and for what purpose." Something that wouldn't break easily, is that right? Sounded like a major job or, better yet, something fairly intensive. Whatever could that be? Zurg may be in his work uniform with veil mandatory, but he was no dummy. "State your list," rumbled the monarch. We'll see just how significant these tools are.

Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Oooh, specify what took he seeked and the purpose, you say? Heh, the purpose of him getting the tools was no secret. It wasn't like he had a problem sharing that information with you, Mr. Ex-Evil Emperor. He wouldn't even stretch the truth, look. It wasn't like it mattered much in the first place, after all. Even if he were to divulge exactly what he was making, he was capable (and he would do this when he finished building) of cloaking the building with magic. Yep, and we all know that magic can be a pain in the ass to get around when used right. But I digress.

Indeed, Hazama was ill-informed. He had been told to come here for repairing electronics because he hadn't specified tools. If he'd done that, he'd most likely have been sent the other way. "Oh, I'm gonna have to note that when I say significant, I'm just reiterating the 'won't break easily' part. Buuuuut anyway, I'm gonna need, if you have it, a welding laser that can be used to repair circuits, a wrench or two, a tough spudger set, a voltage tester, a few extremely powerful magnets, and... admittedly, the rest of the list miiiiight be out of your field. I apologise. I don't know much science, either way; in my universe, we'd pretty much deserted it in its basest form." He stopped for a minute, adjusting his tie. "Have you heard of Ars Magus? If not, then I just request the former materials." He chuckled slightly.

"Oh, and why I'm asking? I'm repairing a laboratory. Might as well learn about science by trying it out myself, right? I know a bit about science because I was there aaaaaall throughout the time where humankind upgraded to a higher form of it. Enough to learn how to work it, and everything akin to that." He stated.

This was a pretty interesting endeavor for Hazama.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Cloaking magic? Oho... If only that were as foolproof as believed. The monarch's wiggling toes could attest to that.

Anyway, what the bright-haired man wanted was not too outlandish or hard to come by. A man like Zurg, however, would always tout science as supreme over magics of any kind. Could magic collapse a planet with a black hole? No? Then the monarch with a thousand suns at his disposal rests his case. Of course, it would be rather interesting to fling fire from his fingertips and sneeze icicles. "Yes, that is out of my field," Zurg said. Because magic - it gave him rashes.

"What you ask may be in stock. One moment, please." Thump... Thump... Thump... There was some rummaging around in the back where the monarch had gone, but nothing too alarming. You know, it was fairly messy back here. He will have to catalog everything once more and ensure that Jo keeps it that way. Regardless, the alien soon came out holding several components within his hands and tucked beneath his arms. "One welding laser - industrial grade," he set the kit down with a heavy THUD!, "two wrenches - with adjustable heads," more heavy thuds, "a spudger set - tough," not as heavy as the last two, "a voltage tester - fairly standard," nothing extraordinary but it will do, "and a handful of magnets." Now these the monarch kept in their boxed case, purposefully keeping the collection away from the rest of the tools requested.

The look on Zurg's face, even when concealed, said it all. "Don't fool around with these magnets. One wrong move and they will be stuck - for life." Well, the man did say he wanted extremely powerful ones.

That all brought together and nothing amiss, the monarch inspect everything one last time and looked back at the customer. "A laboratory, huh? Yes, there are several abandoned ones leftover from forgotten citizens. I doubt you will be able to find most of them, however. They are probably eaten by time at this point." For some reason, Zurg had a funny feeling that this man will be in the for long haul. Alas, none of his concern. "Anything else you'll be needing? If not, here are your requested items. The total will be 130.00 - even."

He'll have to replace the shop's stock after this transaction cleared.

Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Well, at the moment Hazama believed it to be sufficient and believed it'd hold against anything. He'd probably learn in due time (perhaps the hard way, too) but for now he was oblivious. And ignorance is bliss, they say.

Science vs. Magic? Personally, Hazama preferred both. Ars Magus was actually really helpful, and one of the few positive points about the Black Beast. Ars Magus... was a deadly tool, and unlike normal science or magic, it was much more efficient. The energy source was seithr (which could be drawn from the Boundary at this point) and it was unlimited; it was also understandable (unlike magic) and could be improved with more magic/science fusion. I mean, magic and science weren't all THAT different where he came from. Similar enough that humans had made scientific designs to manipulate magic.

Well, ever since the First War of Ars Magus, anyway.

And with a few checks, it would appear that everything Hazama was after was indeed in stock. Perfect. That shortened the trip, and by a considerable amount, too! He could probably just head back after this; there was enough technology back at that base to make everything he wanted. He just had to believe that the tools would be enough.

"Oh, I'll be careful. Wouldn't want anything irreversible to happen, would I?" Hazama accepted the advice with his odd tone. "Yes, I've heard. It's one hell of a task, buuuuut I've nothing better to do." He shrugged slightly, his friendly smile forming once more. "Ah- no. I won't be requiring anything else, thanks." 130 credits, eh? He had that much. Reaching into his wallet, he rummaged around the tons of platinum dollars he had to find the credits he was looking for. It didn't take him long to find them. "My sincerest apologies for the wait, and many thanks for your business." He handed Zurg the credits, and one by one picked up each item. They were heavy items, but Hazama held them as if they were much lighter than they actually were. He pivoted where he was, and headed out of the door. A simple, concise exchange was all he had wanted, after all.

Zurg had not disappointed.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:03 pm

Zurg was allergic to magic, but that was for entirely other reasons.

Anyway, this fellow put up no problem or squabble about parting with his money. He was an odd sort, but better to be odd than to be petty. And sure enough, the man was determined to carry everything himself. Zurg took great note of this and said not a word. "Farewell," said the monarch. "Hope your endeavours prove fruitful." And hopefully not come back to bite Zurg in his purple, lusciously-soft bruuka. With the man out of the shop and leaving the monarch to his own devices, Zurg used a hand to sweep all the credits into one neat pile and didn't bother counting.

You would be a fool to cheat an ex-Evil Emperor, after all. Business concluded, he put the money away and wrote down a small tab for later bookkeeping. "Oh well; hope Jo won't mind if I sold some of our excess inventory." It had been collecting dust, anyway!

Don't forget to make a points exchange thread, Flame.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:43 pm