Level : 5

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Re: Sticks and stones make good practice...

Post by D'nea Greenhand on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:56 pm

"I don't think he really minded," D'nea agreed, with a little nod. "I think it was just his way of starting the conversation. He was a bit curmudgeon-y, but I could tell he didn't really mean it."

Dee stretched her arms and then settled back, propping herself up on her palms. She hadn't thought about the tree spirit in quite some time, though she had gone back to visit a time or two since their first meeting. Her life had been... hectic, to say the least. Always moving, never settling down - except for that one time she'd been turned to stone for a few years, but that hardly counted. Time never really seemed to catch up with her, and while she always circled back to her friends, she'd never really thought about stopping somewhere, not permanently.

Maybe that's what drew her to this place. It had forced her to put on the breaks. Even if, deep down, she couldn't really believe she'd ever stay in one place permanently.

Turning to grin at Xiao, D'nea explained, "I don't know if he could see the future. Maybe? Who knows with trees, after all. They're always so... wise. Maybe he just could see the bigger picture better than I could. Or maybe the advice he gave me was just the advice he gives to everyone." She shrugged, as if to say she didn't know for sure which way it was. Then she added, "His advice was: Slow down."

She grinned again, crookedly. "I'm starting to see his point."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:40 pm

“Curmud-geon-y,” Xiao repeated quietly. Again, it was another word she did not understand, but it also meant an opportunity to learn something. It sounded like a mashup word between curd, mud and pigeon. What did that make or mean? She shall have to employ some Xiao way of thinking!

Right, if Xiao Xiao was a pigeon and she was then covered in mud then curd, how would she feel? Upset! But if it was to describe a person, that can’t be right. You can be forever upset enough to earn that as a personality trait. So if she was a pigeon forever covered in mud and curd, what would her personality be like? Aha! Grumpy!

“He was a grumpy tree?” she asked, beaming brightly like a star pupil would when they solved an extra difficult question their favourite teacher just posed for them. Awww, a grumpy tree. That was rather cute though. Maybe less so when you’re the person he was being grumpy at.

The squirrel nodded eagerly. “Yes, trees can get very, very old. In my world, if tree tree was old enough to gain a spirit like that, then he must be reeeeeeeeeaaaaally old. And with age, comes wisdom - and wrinkles. Was he a wrinkly tree? Well… as wrinkly as a tree can get, I suppose?”

Whaaat? He might just give everybody the same advice? That’s just cheating! How was that different from the horoscopey things she read in magazines? Surely each individual’s fate was more different than that. Xiao wrinkled her nose, partly out of her not liking the idea of it being generic advice, but also out of puzzlement because it sounded like very wise advice the tree gave her friend. Oh, these elderly folks and their mysterious ways of making everything sound like unfathomable wisdom! She hope she can be like that one day too!

“You’re starting to see it? Were you going through life particularly fast before you came here?”
    D'nea Greenhand
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by D'nea Greenhand on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Xiao Xiao wrote:“He was a grumpy tree?”

"Precisely! Or should I say, precise-tree." No, Dee. No, you really shouldn't. You'll get your punning privileges revoked.

The squirrel nodded eagerly. “Yes, trees can get very, very old. In my world, if tree tree was old enough to gain a spirit like that, then he must be reeeeeeeeeaaaaally old. And with age, comes wisdom - and wrinkles. Was he a wrinkly tree? Well… as wrinkly as a tree can get, I suppose?”

The mage nodded her agreement, with a grin. "I would probably call it gnarled, rather than wrinkly, but essentially the same thing. Only one's made of wood, and the other's made of... well, soft things that can get wrinkled. Cloth, skin, so forth."

“You’re starting to see it? Were you going through life particularly fast before you came here?”

Again, with the thoughtful look. D'nea nodded again, a little slower, and her grin wasn't quite so broad this time. "I suppose you could say that. I was always travelling around, going from one place to the next. Whenever I was wherever I was, I was always thinking about where I was going to, or how to move on to the next place. Coming here's... a little different. We're supposedly stuck here, more or less. So I'm... stopping to think about what I'm doing here instead of how I'm going to get where I'm going next. If that makes any sense?"
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:09 pm

“Ohuhuhu,” giggled Xiao at Miss. Dee’s clever pun. She wished she was capable of coming up with something in the spur of the moment like that. Unfortunately, her vocabulary isn’t quite that expanse, nor was she able to process thoughts quite as quickly.

“But gnarled isn’t a very nice word,” she noted. “Though I guess it’s more suitable that wrinkly. ‘Wrinkly’ is cuter though. Gnarled sounds angry…. like ‘snarl’ or like he was a tree that would not look out of place in a scary forest.”

Then the squirrel’s eyes widened in wonder. “You travel a lot?” Oooo, this is fascinating! Apart from her time here in Portal Breach, Xiao never travelled very far. The furthest she may have been in her own world was probably a mountain three or four days away from the forest she grew up in. The main reason she never travelled much was because she never had been limited to travelling by feet. There was only so much walking and running you could do before a squirrel got bored and tired, you know.

Here in Portal Breach though, she had been granted the ability to summon gusts of wind to help carry her across the sky and she had truly caught the curious travel bug during here first few months here.  She had been all over the place in the sky, the forest, the icky sandy wastelands, the icky marshland, the mountains and even the icy areas once for a kart race. But the travel bug soon faded when she realised the moment her initial curiosity was satisfied, Xiao Xiao never quite bothered with many of those places anymore since she neither needed to go there nor did she like the climate enough in those places to want a second visit. How could anybody travel for as much and as long as Miss. Dee had and still maintain that level of enthusiasm for it?

“How many places have you been to? Are they all different? Is there any that stood out in particular? How do you usually travel? Walking is so tiring and boring. Surely, you must have alternative ways of moving about so as to keep you interested in travelling for so long.”
    D'nea Greenhand
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by D'nea Greenhand on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:12 am

Xiao Xiao wrote:“But gnarled isn’t a very nice word,” she noted. “Though I guess it’s more suitable that wrinkly. ‘Wrinkly’ is cuter though. Gnarled sounds angry…. like ‘snarl’ or like he was a tree that would not look out of place in a scary forest.”

D'nea considered this perspective, thoughtfully, and then nodded.  "Good point.  Gnarled does sound angry or scary.  Wrinkly is a lot more friendly sounding."  She tapped her chin. "I still have a hard time wrapping my brain around wrinkles in wood, though... Wrinkly sounds like it would be more soft.  What do you think?"

Then the squirrel’s eyes widened in wonder. “You travel a lot? How many places have you been to? Are they all different? Is there any that stood out in particular? How do you usually travel? Walking is so tiring and boring. Surely, you must have alternative ways of moving about so as to keep you interested in travelling for so long.”

Xiao's enthusiasm really was catching, because Dee couldn't keep herself from grinning at the young squirrel's excitement. "Before I came here, I had a couple of magical means of travel. Flying, for starters. I've dabbled with some telekinesis, and some magically-propelled styles... Right now, though, I can get airborne but not with a lot of speed. It's a little like... Oh, I guess a little like spraining a muscle when you're running? You've got to kind of ease back into running again, you can't just jump back to where you were." As for the other magical means... "Flying was mostly for when I was on one particular world or another. Whenever I'd go from one world to another, I'd use a Gate." Or, rather, she should say, when she went to another world on purpose. Most of her travel seemed to be entirely by accident... But there was no need to go into that. "Basically, a door between worlds. A portal. You know?"

Surely she did. Considering how prevalent the concept was, Xiao Xiao must have had something like that back home - or here. They were, after all, on Portal Breach, right?
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:22 pm

Xiao opened her mouth, then closed it again with a thoughtful 'hmmm'. That is a good point. Wrinkly does suggest something soft to touch like skin. And whilst some wood were softer than others, it still wouldn't be soft enough to truly fit the definition 'soft'. Perhaps wrinkly was a bad word to describe an old tree after all..... But it's a cute word! Oh huff. If wrinkly doesn't it then what does?

"How about knobbly?" she suggested after a while of furious brainstorming. "Though that would mean he'd have knobs...maybe gnarled is the best word... Twisted? No, that makes the tree sound wicked."[/color]

Xiao Xiao went through her rather limited vocabulary, dearly wishing she had that book which lists similar words next to similar words. What was it called, again? The book of Saurus or something?

Thankfully, her thinking was (very eagerly) distracted back to the talk of travelling, especially to the method of travelling. She was correct earlier, Miss. Dee could fly indeed! The squirrel's took on that sparkly wide-eyed look of a person who just found present with the sparkliest of crystal in the history of crystal. Oh, she would look so pretty flying! Curly brown locks, swooshing and fluttering in the breeze. Slightly aglow with magic and oh so elegant and pretty and glamourous. "How fast could you fly back in your own world?"

With any luck, if Miss. Dee recovered her powers, then maybe one day Xiao could invite her to tea at her home at the Palace of Winds. As much as she loves her home there, it is pretty out in the middle of nowhere and severely limited to those who could fly. There was also the fact that the palace's owner isn't really one who liked accepting random guests in their home, even if they were Xiao's friends. But surely, if she asked Lord Pretty Hair Vaati sweetly, nicely, politely and pleadingly, he would allow a visit or two in the future.

"Ah yes, portals. Yes, we are rather familiar with those here aren't we?" she giggled, then blinked as a new thought dawned on her. "If you can summon portals back in your world, then does that mean once you are strong enough, you can summon a gateway home? Or would you think that power is locked away forever now."

Because if her friend here COULD access a portals which led to different worlds, then wouldn't that mean Xiao basically just found one sparkling ticket home for everybody who lived here?
    D'nea Greenhand
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by D'nea Greenhand on Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Knobbly, hmm?  Dee liked that, it would certainly suit.  And, she agreed, it did sound more friendly than gnarled.  But she, too, was distracted from the word discussion by the other line of thought.  Travel, portals, going back home.

She had been more or less avoiding thinking about her friends - she assumed they were all right, because they were them, and surely just fine wherever they were.  She would, of course, find a way to get back to them at some point, though whether they were in one of these Gammas or in some tiny pocket dimension floating like a lost ship in the void... she didn't know.  She had no real concept of what was outside this Gamma, and hadn't attempted anything beyond an initial feel... an extension of senses that hadn't brought her anything.  Though whether that was because there was nothing there, or because she didn't have the oomph to have detected anything was anyone's guess, including her's.  

As to whether or not one of her portals could open a way to another world, a way back 'home' for everyone...  It was a very nice thought.  And she would most definitely be attempting, once she was up to it.  But in a way, she highly doubted it.  If it was that 'simple', then surely someone would have tried it before her.  Unless there'd never been anyone here before that could build a Gate?  Hm.

"I could fly pretty fast, back home," Dee said, a little absently, answering the first question first.  "I'm sure there were plenty of things faster than me, but I wasn't exactly poking a long like a flying turtle."  She grinned, crookedly, then absentmindedly brushed her hair back out of her face, the grin fading at the talk of going home.

"I don't know, I'd... have to poke around some more.  I'll probably try, when I get stronger... but from what it sounds like, there might not be anything to go back to.  Right?  So, maybe I could get out, but I'm not really sure where I'd end up."  Which, admittedly, hadn't stopped her in the past, but... there was just a feeling she had, about this place, that it would be an especially bad idea.

Which wasn't to say she wouldn't be willing to try.  Eventually.  She had a lot of work to do, to get back up to the point where she might be able to open a Gate and she intended on working a lot more on control this time around...

"Has anyone tried anything like that before?  Do you know?  I can't really believe I'm the first person here that could open portals... It'd be interesting to know if someone had tried and failed."  Because, you know, if attempting to open portals here led to gruesome, explode-y consequences, then maybe it would be better to figure that out before she'd even gotten started.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:14 pm

“Hehehe, flying turtle,” giggled Xiao. Like one of those turtledoves. Except an actual turtle and not just a dove with turtle in its name. Though when the squirrel first heard of the bird, she truly did think it was some creative offspring of a turtle and dove. In her world, it wasn’t uncommon for different kinds of yaojing to marry; though their children tends to be one animal or the other (and in this world, she learnt that it got something to do with ‘jeans’, but what denim got to do with yaojings giving birth, she didn’t know).

“We should have a flying race one day. Strictly speaking, I just glide, not fly, but Lord Vaati gave me a wind flute which lets me summon gusts of winds to glide on. I guess it could be counted as flying?” Her Lord Pretty Hair was fantastic if Xiao said so herself. So kind and generous as to let a penniless and (then) unknown yaojing to stay in his home without a second thought.

Xiao’s ears drooped slowly as she noticed that her friend wasn’t exactly all smiles anymore. Oh yes… the ‘home’ subject. The squirrel reached a hand out, hesitated, then patted the mage on the shoulder. She had already invaded her friend’s personal bubble by tackle-landing on her head earlier, a pat on the shoulder should be acceptable - not to mention, a much more polite alternative than a head-tackle-hug, right?

“Take your time to regain your strength. It’s not something that could be rushed,” she said uncertainly. Was it the right thing to say? On second thought, maybe not. Wasn’t it kind of like saying ‘hey, take your time. Home could wait’? When really… er… given what they were informed about their homes, it’s not exactly something you want to wait for since you are determined if your loved ones survived or not.

“Yes… there is that.” If there were no world of your own to return to, then even if you could open a portal then it was useless. Again, she patted the young lady on the shoulder.

“I don’t really know if anybody tried it before." She paused for a few seconds as she went through her memories to recall all the people she could imagine was remotely capable of such a feat. "We’ve had people with incredible magic power on the Breach, but I haven’t heard any of them being skilled in the art of portal opening. And then we have people who are scienterrific - scientifific, scienternific? - um, science geniuses, but I haven’t heard anything from them either. For hopes and dreams, I would rather imagine that they weren’t of opening a portal instead of imagining that it’s not possible. After all, there was word that people left this world before to venture to another. So surely that is a sign that it’s possible some way or another.”
    D'nea Greenhand
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by D'nea Greenhand on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:00 pm

The head-tackle-hug hadn't offended, earlier, so the gentle, comforting pat on the shoulder wasn't about to. In point of fact, it was much appreciated. Not that D'nea was feeling excessively depressed on the subject of home - she was nothing, if not good at avoiding and distracting herself from such brood-y thoughts. And, anyway, she was still sure that she would have felt that her friends were gone, if they were gone, somehow. So, if they weren't on the Breach, then they were somewhere, and eventually she could find them, and they'd all sit and have tea and laugh about their adventures...

In the meanwhile, she was going to thoroughly enjoy the now. Thus, when the suggestion of a race was, err, suggested, the mage's eyes lit up and she grinned. "A race sounds fun! We should definitely do that some time. Though, in the meanwhile, it'd be fun to just have some company. Maybe you could show me the bird's eye view of this place, sometime?"

After all, she needed the practice flying, too, and Xiao was, frankly, giggly and fun to be around. Who could have predicted that, if she sat long enough by the waves, she'd get her head divebombed by a squirrel demon who loved pretty hair, ate souls, and was a marvelous conversationalist? Not Dee, that's for sure, but man, she was glad it turned out that way.

She smiled at her new friend's comforting words and nodded, agreeably. "You're right, it's better to think that someone just hasn't done it, yet, then believe it's impossible. It'll all be all right in the end, I'm sure of it. Like you said, if some people have managed to leave, then it can't be impossible." She filed away the knowledge that there were science-y type geniuses, as well as other magic-users out there somewhere. When she eventually got around to giving Gate-making a go, it might be good to collaborate. This place was such a hodge-podge of worlds, it only made sense that the key to getting out again would be through another hodge-podge, all working together...

But, if that happened, it wouldn't be soon. Focusing on the now, for now. And right now... "I'm starting to feel peckish---err, hungry, I mean. Sitting on my butt trying to make sticks explode is tiring work! Would you be interested in tracking down a late lunch with me?"
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:02 pm

Relieved that the idea of a race had brightened up the mage’s complexion and proved that Xiao had not talked herself into a bottomless abyss of gloom and doom. Not only that, but it seems like hope had been ignited in finding a way out of this world. The squirrel breathed out a sigh of relief. Good Xiao. Xiao Xiao was very good. Yay!

“Oh and kay. A race in the future we should have then,” agreed Xiao with a much happier voice. “I’d love to show you a bird’s eye view of this place sometime! It’s very pretty! Though the air up high is very cold, so you have to be sure to wrap up warm. Maybe somewhere in the aerial tour we could retreat to my home in the sky and we could have tea and cake and cookies.”

Note to self: ask Lord Vaati whether she could have a new guest round. Maybe if she told him that Miss. Dee was a lovely friend, as normal as any Portal Breach citizen, currently have no intention of taking over the world and that Xiao was definitely not going to keep her as a hairdressing pet - the latter is mighty tempting because Miss. Dee’s hair IS rather on the luxuriously curly side.

Surely, it would not be a problem.  Her best friend, KoKo brought her home at least twice and Xiao’s wind mage master had not said anything apart from advising his minion not to drink alcohol if she had such pitiful tolerance for it that she need to be brought home where she acts like the biggest drunk whiney baby ever - she had yet to follow the advice, instead she asks KoKo if she could stay over at hers instead. She can’t help it! Some alcoholic drinks just look too divinely pretty! They must be consumed!

Speaking of consumed, her new lovely and fantastic friend just asked if they should track down a late lunch. “Of course!” she beamed. “What do you want to eat? WHERE do you want to eat? Back in the city? Or are we going to catch something? Or did you bring a picnic?”

On the latter, the squirrel yaojing peered around D’nea eagerly.
    D'nea Greenhand
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by D'nea Greenhand on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:42 am

Alas! No picnics had been previously procured by this magical practictioner. That would have required prior planning, which was a practice D'nea was not proficient in... She shrugged, apologetically, for not being able to produce a picnic basket from a handy pocket. Nor did catching something sound terribly appetizing. "Back in the city, maybe? That's one place I haven't explored much. But, do you know a nice place there to eat?" Preferably one that wasn't terribly expensive, either... She couldn't forget, she had to think about things like money now. And bumming a lunch off of someone you just met was just terrible manners. But she could almost certainly afford a sandwich, at least!

She picked herself carefully up onto her feet, brushing sand off of her posterior, before flashing Xiao another grin. "I'd love to visit sometime..." She didn't mean now, mind you, because it'd be incredibly rude to just invite herself over. But she did truly appreciate the offer. "You have a home in the sky? Is it some kind of flying ship? Or maybe one of a floating island?" Though, really, you had her at tea and had won her over truly at cookies. Xiao could have lived at the bottom of a deep, dank mine and Dee would have still come to visit for tea and good company. The interesting locale was just a bonus!

"But, you're right, I'd need something snuggly, or at least work up enough power to use some kind of warming-up spell at the same time." Xiao definitely had that advantage over her in that regard, with a lovely and warm fur coat in her squirrel form.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:52 pm

When Miss. Dee failed to materialise a picnic basket out of thin air, Xiao tried not to let her disappointment show. She had been looking forward to further examples of the mage’s magic. In hindsight, it was probably better that no picnic basket appeared, because most likely, if her pretty-haired friend had prepared food, it would have been only for herself, since Xiao’s appearance in her day hardly expected. It would have been awkward to have to share and Xiao did not want to look like she was mooching food off her like a normal wild woodland critter - no matter how many times Xiao tried to teach them manners, they aren’t very inclined to learn better.

It seems like going back to the city was the best option. Xiao Xiao drummed her fingertips on her knees as she thought of the eateries in the place. “Lots of places. It is a city after all and cities have lots of food places. We could visit the food places in the mall? They are reasonably priced and there is a large variety. We could go to Miss. Sonia’s cafe, the Le Petit Cafe. There is this Empire Diner place, but I’ve never been so I don’t know much about their menu.”

She watched as her friend got up, then slowly followed suit, dusting her tail, bottom and skirts as she did so. Since she had not been sitting on the sand directly, but rather on a square of fabric, the yaojing didn’t have much to pat off. Xiao stooped and picked up the fabric, waved it into the wind and away from them to get rid of the sand on the material then magicked it away with a scrunch of her hands.

“Yes, yes, I live in the sky. My master is a wind mage and he owns a flying palace, the Palace of Winds. I met him in this world upon my arrival and he had graciously offered to let me stay as a guest at his palace in the sky. Then about a year ago, I was finally acknowledged as a follower of his - a minion!” She said the last word as it it was the highest rank anybody could attain in the world and she was deeply honoured to be one. “So he is officially my master now.”

She then looked at Miss. Dee, eyeing her up and down at the mention of getting something warm to wear and trying to guess her measurements.“I can make you a coat or cloak if you like? But it’ll have to wait until I can buy the fabric first. Do you like fluffy collars? I love fluffy collars on cloaks.”
    D'nea Greenhand
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by D'nea Greenhand on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:05 pm

A minion, huh? Well, D'nea couldn't get too worried, even if the description seemed a little unusual. If Xiao had a "master" then that person wasn't trying to keep her reigned in, at least. Maybe they were just humoring the yaojing... and, even if they weren't, Xiao seemed perfectly happy and not at all oppressed in any way.

So, y'know, no running to the rescue, Dee. Totally unnecessary. And look at how proud and excited Xiao was to be one! Surely, there was nothing fishy going on there.

"Ooh, fluffy collars are the best," she agreed, with a broad grin. "As for making me something... that would be very sweet of you. I don't want to impose, though! Maybe I can track down some fabric that you could use?" Buy, Dee. The word you're looking for here is buy. A slightly foreign concept, yes, but get used to it. Magicking up some fabric that would last for more than a day might not be beyond her abilities at this point, but... it would be a lot less time consuming to just buy something.

Folding her hands behind her back, as they started to stroll away from the seashore, D'nea added, "And as for where to eat, all of those sound interesting. Anything you'd recommend? What's your favorite one?"
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:58 am

There would be no running to the rescue indeed. Xiao adored being the minion of her lovely pretty-haired Lord Vaati. Well, maybe not exactly NO running to the rescue. The squirrel may very well do need rescuing one day when she is finally ordered to do something so evil that it would warrant a good slap in the face to get her act back together. Xiao was very aware that her master was not exactly a goody-two-shoes and that whilst he wasn't inclined to lose this minion yet, he would ultimately have no qualms about throwing her in harm's way if the scales dictate that it would be to his short and long-term benefit. She knew that very well, but currently everything was dandy so she wasn't going to worry about the future which may or may not happen.

Her friend's agreement that fluffy collars were the best made Xiao Xiao beamed happily. This new friend was ticking all the correct boxes! She had nice hair, she knew magic, she was lovely, she was interesting and she liked fluffy collars. "If you could, that would be great. At least I can rest assured that it would be certainly a material you fancied if you were the one who suggested it. If not, it's fine as well. I'll be sure to ask you beforehand if a fabric suit or not before I cut into it. I work in a boutique with dress-making services so we have lots of fabrics. Maybe I'll bring you some swatches and then I'll know which one and then we an start saving up for it or something. I may be able to get a discount for you too! I'm sure miss Aya wouldn't mind. She is a lovely and pretty boss after all. I'm thinking green, do you like green? How about velvet? Do you like velvet? I think it's lush."

Oh dear, she was babbling again. Better rein that in a little. The yaojing took a deep breath, then tapped her chin with a finger as she considered their eatery choices. Some place affordable for the both of them. Miss. Sonia's cafe would be ideal because tea is always good but she might want something of a bigger meal.... like burger or pie or pizza or oooo~ a milkshake would be nice? How about this Empire Diner place? Oh, but she had never been there before, so it would be a little risky because what if they went and they end up not finding something they like there?

"We can go to the mall. There's lots of food places there so lots of choices there," she suggested. Then Xiao Xiao could get some of everything! Perfect!
    D'nea Greenhand
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by D'nea Greenhand on Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:14 am

If she'd known it, D'nea would have been comforted that Xiao wasn't being complete taken in by some evil Overlord. As it was, any evil Overlord that let her new friend have the freedom to go out and about, to the point of having her own job, wasn't the harshest, most restrictive one. Reassuring herself that if Xiao Xiao was in any real danger, she probably wouldn't have such a cheerful, carefree outlook, Dee put the issue out of her mind. At least for now.

"Oh, I love green. Purple, too," D'nea added, with a vague wiggle of her fingers, absently conjuring up some purple-hued sparkles to emphasize her point. "But green's less flashy, a little more subtle. Just the thing for a cloak, right? Or a coat." She grinned at the young yaojing. "Velvet would be lovely! Though that might be a bit expensive... I'm honestly not sure how much cloth usually costs."

To be honest, though, she was a little surprised to find out that Xiao had a job in a boutique... though, in hindsight, maybe it wasn't that surprising. Xiao did like pretty things, like hair and clothes, so why shouldn't she work in some place like a clothing boutique? "Either way, it'll be fun to have something to save up for."

And she was already wondering if she might be able to try her hand at enchanting it. Though, um, she should probably practice on some cloth she didn't mind setting on fire, first.

"Anyway! The mall sounds perfect." D'nea's thoughts ran similarly to Xiao's. Lots of options in one place sounded like a lovely idea! She could see just what all this place had to offer! "Shall we, then?"

Current date/time is Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:24 am