Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Gotta stay whelmed.

Post by Nightwing on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:42 am

Date: 06.21.2013
    Time: Roughly 4 PM

It didn't take long for Nightwing to acclimate. Thankfully, he had landed in a city, and thus, he was in his element. It wasn't HIS city, mind you, or any one he'd ever been to before...but most cities had similar structures. He woke up from passing out only about an hour or two after passing through the portal, and soon tried to get to higher ground to navigate. Perched on a rooftop, the black-clad hero looks through his binoculars around the bustling city.

"No contact with the League at all..it's like I'm not even in our universe anymore." Nightwing sighed, and slumped back against the wall he was nearest to. "Can't be too relaxed..gotta stay laxed." He began to navigate the rooftops until he found no close ledges to grab onto, then moved to the streets. Stealth was his forte, but sometimes, especially in an unfamiliar place, stealth wasn't helpful. He needed answers, and it wasn't going to come to him by brooding and doing the usual hero stuff.

"Some sort of big city..almost as big as Gotham, definitely. But built more like a European city...outer walls protecting from...who knows what outside. Let's not figure that out now...let's find someone who looks friendly enough."

Last edited by Nightwing on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Re: Gotta stay whelmed.

Post by Sokka on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:02 am

Summer had officially set in on the Breach, and ever since Korra and Sokka had taken their nice. length, late-spring field trip to the icelands, the Water Tribe warrior found himself welcoming the warmer weather with something of a renewed energy. He did enjoy summer of course, whether it was a true one or the ones he had been used to at the South Pole, but he was still rather comfortable in the cold. After all, it was what he had grown up with and gotten used to. He wasn't exactly itching for warm days after the trip that he and his best friend had taken, but they were welcome nonetheless, and he was determined to make the absolute most of them.

Besides, with a waterbender as ones best friend, some of their times venturing to the beach were bound to be even more fun than they would have already been. Their winter and spring had already been immensely fun (dangerous events and death notwithstanding of course), and Sokka was determined to help keep their summer right on that same track.

In a world like this where the possibilities for adventures to have and things to do were nigh endless, he was sure that they would be just fine on that front.

"You know, we're going to have to plan a full day out on the beach soon… the city's fun, but we need some more Water Tribe time… summer edition," mused Sokka, grinning slightly to Korra as the two made their way through the city. "I've heard that the beach is really nice and not too crowded around this time of year."
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 31

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Good bye, autumn, winter, and spring. Hello, summer! Korra had never spent a summer outside of the South Pole before, but thankfully, summertime in Portal Breach wasn't too bad. At least, it wasn't as hot as it would have been in the Fire Nation. Still, as Sokka and Korra walked around the city, Korra kept a canteen on her to keep them both hydrated. In some ways, they weren't exactly dressed for this kind of weather, Korra especially with her pelt wrap and her boots. 

She took a swig of her canteen, which here meant that she hovered the canteen's opening in front of her mouth and used her free hand to move and guide the water into her mouth. If she and Sokka were going to share this between the two of them, it was only far to keep from slobbering all over it, or leaving behind backwash. "Mmm.~" Cool, and refreshing!~

Sokka wrote:"You know, we're going to have to plan a full day out on the beach soon."

And there was Sokka, already coming up with ideas for things they could do! She did, however, enjoy spending time with him. Their trip to the icelands had been fun, and she made a note that they should try it again next spring, or perhaps even winter! For now though, she focused on his more current plans. "That's a good idea! I'd like to swim around in this place's ocean, but I think maybe we should get more...appropriate clothes." She looked down and tugged slightly on the fur wrapped around her waist. "I didn't exactly bring my swimsuit when I got transported to this place." And she wasn't about to go skinny dipping or swimming around in her undergarments.
    Nightwing
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Nightwing on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Nightwing could actually hear voices through the crowd - it wasn't uncommon to get snippets of conversation here and there, but this one actually seemed to have an actual conversation, not just exchanging offers for bargaining. He couldn't tell from first listening whether these people were good or evil, however - no one's THAT good. Except for maybe Batman. So, instead, he started trying to blend into the crowd, meandering behind Sokka and Korra a few paces, moving between large groups of people to stay concealed. Stealthy as he was, skintight black suits with giant birds on them couldn't blend in everywhere.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:37 am

Sokka couldn't help but chuckle a bit as Korra skillfully utilized her waterbending to take a drink from her canteen. It made perfect sense of course, for a variety of reasons, but it was still slightly amusing to him to see her use a skill that he had seen Katara use a good number of times. Thankfully, he knew that this water was solely for drinking and not the bending water that his friend held in her waterskin… he had had to drink bending water way back when that time in the desert, and whilst he was grateful to have stayed both hydrated and alive, that was one taste he would far sooner forget.

Nodding at Korra's pleased reaction as well as her idea regarding new clothing for such a venture to the beach, Sokka soon agreed, stating, "Yeah, I think you're right… and neither did I. However, I think I saw some swim-specific wear at that shop you and I got some of our last gear from. Maybe we could stop by there in the next couple of days."

Both of the Southern Water Tribe natives were more than capable of swimming in their regular clothes of course, but when they could get true swimwear, especially that made with some of the neat innovations brought on by the modern clothing of this world, it was likely to be as exciting to find this new gear as it would be to test it out. Besides, it was far better than the cumbersome effects of swimming in ones own clothes or the potential for awkwardness from third parties that could be brought on by swimming in nothing but undergarments… thanks lay in great part to Chong for making him more aware of that…

Maybe it was all of his time spent with Suki and her expertise in the art of stealth, but as the two friends continued through the city, Sokka could not help shake the feeling that he and Korra were being followed. He stole a quick glance behind them, only confirming that no one was directly behind them before he looked forward again. Best not to be too obvious in checking after all… and if his instincts continued to tell him that there was someone else following them, then was best suited to keep his gaze ahead for the time being.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:06 am

Korra smirked a bit at Sokka's chuckling, and with a light gesture at Sokka's face, she flicked some water into it. Not very much, mind you, more of a light misting than anything. "Who's laughing now?!" She let out a hearty laugh and grinned. "Hint, its me~." Placing the canteen back on her hip to stay, she brought her arms back up and folded them behind her head as they walked together. Good, he agreed!

"Its too bad we don't get a warning before we get sucked up, because we could prepare ourselves so much better." He was probably right, if that store could have clothes specific to winter, it would have some specific for summer! And surely they would have it out by now, right? "We should see if Tenzin and Lin would want to come too. And stopping by there in a few days sounds good to me! We should let them know beforehand so they could come with us, maybe." She couldn't help but smile a bit at the idea of all of them at the beach together. Possibly even Zuko too, if he was back from his journey by then!

Korra was a bit more oblivious to the tail that was on them, but she did notice Sokka's glance behind them. With a curious "Mm?", she dropped her arms to the side and gave him a concerned look. "What's wrong?" She said, lowering her voice to a whisper before sneaking a glance behind them. No one that stood out to her...yet...she turned back to Sokka to see what he would say. Was there trouble she couldn't see?
    Nightwing
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Nightwing on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:22 am

Nightwing cocked a brow at that, though with no one watching (ideally), it was a pointless gesture. When the young man started to get suspicious, he upped his game, clinging to the walls and sliding alongside them, remaining within earshot as best he could. He was still no perfect shadow, especially in the middle of the day. Batman couldn't even accomplish that. But...these people seemed to have been transported here, too. And others that they know, as well...the former Boy Wonder was certainly wondering a lot of things now. He just had to get more information, and so, he stalked a little closer.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:11 pm

"Aah!" Sokka flinched slightly from the slight misting he received from Korra, right before shaking his head at her rhetorical question and returning her grin. Her playful gesture had been a bit unexpected, but regardless of the very small amount of water she had got him with, he didn't mind it, Such antics were common between the two friends, although with the Avatar's bending abilities, coming up with a proper retaliation at some point did help keep him extra sharp.

Nodding to Korra at both her joke as well as at her comment regarding no warning before being pulled to the Breach, Sokka soon sighed a bit before adding, "Yeah, tell me about it. I'm just glad I'd had my weapons and some extra gear on me, but even then, I wasn't as prepared as I'd've liked to have been. In any event, I think we'll likely be due for another shopping trip soon... for the beach and possibly otherwise."

Sokka's grin returned in full force at Korra's suggestion to have Tenzin and Lin join them. He had thought about the four of them going out on some adventures this summer, but for this plan in particular, he was admittedly amused that she'd beat him to thinking of it! "That's a great idea! We can let them know once we get back to the inn!" Lin, Tenzin, Korra, and Sokka all together for a day at the beach? That sounded like a perfect kick-off to summer to him!

As soon as Korra caught his glance behind them and quietly asked him what was wrong, Sokka narrowed his gaze slightly before whispering back, stating, "I'm not sure... I just had a feeling that we have a tail on us..."

The two continued walking for a little more before a familiar sneaky glint shone in Sokka's eyes. With a wink to Korra, he led them so that they turned off from the crowded hustle and bustle of Main Street proper and out into a far more open, far less crowded pedestrian street. Some steps later and his voice back closer to his normal volume, he announced, "You know Korra, I'm glad that whenever you're curious about something, you tend to just ask right out."

With a gentle nudge to her, Sokka nodded once more, hoping that his friend would catch onto his idea here. If there was actually someone following them, then that subtle taunt coupled with the less crowded street might prove to be just the bait to see what was going on here.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:50 am

She couldn't help but chuckle at his startled yell, finding it amusing that she had made the mighty Water Tribe Warrior flinch. All in good fun, of course. She was sure that he would get her back for that. Likely when she least expected it!

She nodded, it'd be a shame for Sokka to have lost his trademark weapons before coming here! Where else could you find a boomerang, bone club, or space sword like the ones Sokka owned? Maybe something similar could be found or made but...it wouldn't be the same. "At least we were as prepared as we could have been!" She nodded in agreement. "It'll be fun!" A nice, relaxing trip to the mall to get clothes fit for the hotter climate. Ha, look at that grin! Someone approved of a group trip to the beach! "Yeah, we can! I hope they'll come, I don't know about Lin, but I think Tenzin would be good at several watersports!" Particularly because of his airbending!

The happy talk about a beach trip got a bit bleaker though. "A tail?" She said back in a hushed tone, glancing back behind her again. She thought for a moment that she saw a bit of blue and black, but it seemed to disappear in the crowd and buildings. "One of Amon's, maybe..." That coward might have finally come out of hiding.

She blinked and stared at Sokka, what was he winking about and why was he leading her to a less crowded area? Still, she followed behind him, still glancing around to see if anyone followed. Aha, so he was trying to get them to come out in the open, huh? "As am I, Sokka! And whenever we see each other in the streets, we come right out and say hello!" Her improvisation skills had improved a bit, since her voice didn't sound as stilted as her excuses of 'going to the bathroom' had been. Worst case scenario, she and Sokka were just talking loudly to themselves. She'd rather look crazy and be safe than oblivious and get pounced by an Equalist.
    Nightwing
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Nightwing on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:51 am

Okay, NOW they knew he was here...Nightwing knew it wasn't going to be much longer that these two...Sokka and Korra, they said? tolerated his presence on their tail, at least covertly. Decisions had to be made. He was a leader, and leaders had to make decisions, after all. So, with a sigh and a step out into open view, the hero tried to look as nonchalant as he could. Casual smile, relaxed posture, but a hand resting on the holster of his Eskrima sticks at his side, Nightwing leaned against a wall, ready to escape quickly if need be.

"Uhh...sorry about that. Kinda my thing to...tail people. I'm kinda confused..where exactly am I?"
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:46 pm

Sokka's instincts told him that the one following them was not one of the lingering Equalists, but even so, that did not stop Korra's suggestion from sending the slighest shudder down his spine. He might not have been a bender, but he had heard more than enough about the Equalists from Korra, Tenzin, and Lin to know that he wanted absolutely nothing to do with them... except maybe making sure that they didn't cause harm to anyone else. He frankly hoped that the last of them had disappeared along with Amon, but with as unpredictable as the Breach was, he knew that the possibilty always remained for some to still be around.

Grinning just a bit to himself at Korra's greatly improved improvisation, it was all Sokka could do to keep that grin from turning into a victorious one the moment that the one following them stepped forward. Instead, he simply shifted it to a casual smile of his own, sharing a knowing glance with the Avatar before looking to the young man before them. He seemed to be just about his and Korra's age, albeit a little taller than he himself, and although he appeared to be undeniably human, he definitely wasn't from the same world as the two of them. Still, he had made himself known after he realized he had been caught, so between his new stance and apparent honesty here, Sokka was willing to listen to him. He did seem like a capable fighter, at least at first glance, but the Water Tribe warrior did not detect any signs of ill will from him.

Sokka nodded a the apology. "That's all right. Someone very close to me does the same thing." That admission did take him back to a brief glimpse of Suki, right before he widened his eyes at the question posed from the masked guy. Sokka exchanged a look with Korra, inwardly wondering if she was thinking what he was... that they had wound up running into one of the newest arrivals on the Breach. Well, there was only one way to find out...

"Did you just arrive in the city a little while ago?"
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:17 pm

Korra's only experience with people that followed others around in such a way had been the Equalists, and the way it seemed you could never tell where they were or if they were watching. Surprise attacks were abound, and dangerous. It was good that they were out in the open now, if he leaped out and began to perform the chi blocks they could hopefully dodge it easier than you would dodge in a group of people.

The young man stepped forward...and he looked nothing like an Equalist. He had a mask, but it wasn't a face mask. At least, not like their's. His mask centered around his eyes more, and his outfit was black, with a blue marking on his chest. A...bird? He spoke though, and her body relaxed, he was just a new guy with no idea where he was. She nodded at Sokka's reassurance and glanced back at him. Sokka asked him a question, so Korra would ask one too, but not without a quick explanation.

"You're in Portal City, the major city of Portal Breach." She paused for a moment to let that sink in. "What's with the..." She gestured at her own chest awkwardly.
    Nightwing
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Nightwing on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:08 am

Nightwing looked between the two younger inhabitants of this city, slowly becoming less confused. There was almost a serenity in knowing more information than he had before, one that made him relax slightly more. Crossing his arms over his chest, he looked first at Sokka to reply.

"Yeah, I guess I did...by my guess, I've probably been here for about six hours, but awake for only an hour and a half." Afterwards, he looks to Korra, with a slight smirk on his features. His arms uncross, letting the bird design be revealed.

"I guess I'm what you'd call a superhero...where I'm from, wearing costumes and saving people is...kind of the norm. I'm Nightwing."
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Sokka nodded at the masked guy's reply, thinking to himself that that sounded about right as far as being a new arrival went. Sometimes he still wondered just how long he had been unconscious when he had first arrived, as whilst it hadn't felt like too long from when he had been pulled here, somewhere inside of him he knew he had lost at least an hour or two. He was glad that this guy had been up long enough to do some investigating of his own, and hopefully that would make answering any of his questions even easier.

"Ah-ha... yeah, that sounds about right," said Sokka, nodding a bit at that confirmation. Once Korra answered him, he grinned just a bit before adding, "Welcome to the Breach. It's a new world all of its own." Man, wasn't that the truth...

Sokka was a little relieved that Korra asked one of the questions that had been on his own mind once he had first caught a good look at this guy. It was a somewhat awkward question, but it was one that had nagged at his natural curisoity... and the following answer seemed simple enough. A superhero? Huh... that... kind of made sense, although the idea of dressing up in costume just to save people seemed like an excessive step, unless... unless if it was necessary to keep ones identity a secret.

The more he thought on it, the more Sokka was reminded of some of his own encounters where disguises were vital. All of the gang hiding in the Fire Nation, Toph's own alias as the Blind Bandit, even Katara masquerading as the Painted Lady...

If it worked it worked, he guessed, and hopefully the newly introduced Nightwing's identity would be safe in this new world. Nodding to him, he stated, "It's nice to meet you. I'm Sokka, and this is my friend Korra."
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    360/360  (360/360)
    Stamina Bar:
    62/62  (62/62)

Post by Korra on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:30 am

At Nightwing's words, Korra just couldn't help the look on her face. "You were asleep for your first 4 and a half hours here?" That sounded...odd. Was he sick? Or was he just transported here in the middle of a nap in his world? That had to be an unwelcome wake up call. And he had been awake here for less than two hours! No wonder the poor guy had stooped to following behind the first pair of people he could. Unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. He had a lot of questions, probably. some of them would be harder to answe r than others.

Nightwing moved his arms to fully reveal the design on his chest, definitely a bird of some kind. She matched his smirk and listened to his explanation, interest peaked. "Really?" A superhero, huh? She wrapped an arm around Sokka and grinned widely. "We're kinda like superheroes too!" Saving the world was practically her birth right! Although all she had done for it so far had been to save a City, but still rather heroic. And Sokka had been instrumental in ending the Hundred year war! "I don't know about the costumes part, though there's definitely uniforms, but we've had experience saving people too!"

Sokka gave the introduction and Korra stepped forward, holding her hand out for him. "Nice to meet you, Nightwing!"

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:37 pm