Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

A Sleepover? Is That What Normal People Do?

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Re: A Sleepover? Is That What Normal People Do?

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:19 am

X'ki and portkey? The names were unfamiliar to the demon, a thoughtful hum rumbling from his throat as he pondered them for a short moment. Though it seemed that Kev did indeed have a yoke, given the sound of his palm slapping his face rather audibly. To call Prixlezuba  genius for having such an idea however, he simply gave a small puff of light smoke to the air. "I have my moments." He replied simply. As he awaited the green alien to return with the logs however, a certain booming voice echoed over the plains. Purple rocks? Scooping? Prixlezub's brow furrowed as he looked at the purple alien, before finally bellowing back a retort of his own.

"THAT IS QUITE A QUIRK, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE I SWING THAT WAY, ZURG!"

The frame of Kev's house shuddered and shook with the noise, the green alien would find. With any luck the fae woman would be a deep sleeper this night. He turned his attention back to his passenger as he exited the house, carrying eight logs of wood upon his shoulders. A suitable amount, the prince thought, lowering his head to allow Kev to sit on his horns again. Once the demon's passenger was situated, he raised his head once more, smoke pluming from his maw as he turned away from the house. As for the retorts of the others, the demon prince gave a low, amused chuckle. Though Jo would find that the prince had nothing to say about her rather strange exclamation regarding Zurg's voice. "I am sure they're doing just fine in their search, Kev. In fact, you can ask them about it when they return." He stated evenly. Besides, they said so themselves they needed no help.

Lumbering away from the cottage, Prixlezub waited until they were far enough away that the house would not be too disturbed before breaking into a hard gallop. Smoke curled from his maw alongside his crackling mane, a streak of fire blazing along at 200 miles an hour. It was not long before the two arrived back at the campsite, the demon lowering his head once more for Kev to leave his pointy perch. All there was left to do now was wait for the others to return to the campsite as the demon returned to his patch of obsidian glass to lay on. When they came back, the demon would start digging out a pit for the fire.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:37 am

Pick, pick, pick! It was any miracle they had found the stones and sticks needed for the campfire, because this precious lot was dragging its heels. "Jo, you are lucky I'm a much better man than I once was." And he was going to leave it at that, since his face was starting to hurt from all the tugging and his back didn't know how much longer it could take carting the merchandise around. Just hand over those accursed rocks!

Zurg didn't fuss much because fussing would only stall them further. No, no, no - they had a camp to set up and... he supposed some campfire stories to go along with. That's how these things went, right? He never really did go camping... But first!

Prixlezub wrote:
    "THAT IS QUITE A QUIRK, BUT I DON'T BELIEVE I SWING THAT WAY, ZURG!"
    "YOU COULD HAVE FOOLED ME!"

Mr. I'm just a Sweet Pansvestite from Pansexual, Pansylvania.

Anyway, now Jo was poking fun and demanding he... yipp yipp? "I cannot help it if my voice resonates through my body fat," Zurg grumbled. It's what gave him that loud and demanding volume whenever he needed to get things done! "And steed!? I do not neigh or whinny like some common beast of burden. Jo, need I remind you of the evolutionary ladder?" But there was no point in doing that this moment - Jo was already slapping his shoulders to move. Fine, fine! He took the rocks when offered and proceeded to trod off, huffing and puffing as he went along. No, can't say the monarch was very pleased.

The moment they all rendezvoused with Prixlezub and Kev, Zurg gave out a great shrug of shoulders and loudly exhaled a tremendous amount of air. It was time to breathe and in the process the monarch dislodged Jo off his back. Think of it like a horse tossing its rider off with a mighty shake of its mane.

Just like a beast of burden, isn't that right?

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Lawrence headed back to the campsite, despite the noise going on around him. Come on now, he swung either way (if he was interested enough) and he didn't make such a big deal of it. It didn't take long to reach the campsite again, given his night vision, and he deposited the rocks he carried in a neat pile close to where Zurg had marked the ground.

The butler would've moved to catch Jo, but then again, falling on the dirt would've hurt a bit less than landing on his metal hide. He did move to help her up, though. "Those who take a seat on an easily annoyed steed eventually end up getting thrown off, but I do hope that did not hurt much..."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Boys will be boys. Jo rolled her eyes at the teasing banter between Prince and Emperor, lightly tapping Big Z's shoulders to giddy on along. These rocks made for great weights! "Alright Casanova, that's enough squawking out of your body fat. We have a fire to set up, so you can serenade yonder fair maiden later." With all of his flaming mane and everything.

But turns out Big Z's pride was a funny, funny thing. He didn't like being compared to something that trotted on all fours, neighed, and ate vegetation. She didn't know why -- Big Z ate vegetation, neighed lectured, and... okay, so he didn't walk on all fours. He could probably trot, though. "Oh, you mean the same ladder that says space whales are the pinnacle of modern evolution?" she teased. Pfft! In what universe? Jo gave one of Big Z's cheeks an extra tough pinch, wiggling the supple skin back and forth as she smugly grinned. "If being a space whale overlord means I can't have my chocolate and milk then count me out. I'll take being infested with mites, hairy, and raging once a mon -- " and then she was tossed. Tossed, like a sack of potatoes!

...Or rocks, in this case.

"Hey!" Luckily Jo had some padding of her own, the mechanic landing on her rear end with a disapproving grunt. "That's fine, Big Z. I'll remember this!" she said ominously. Mark her words! Lawrence was as every ounce a gentlemen as he was designed to be, helping the mechanic onto her feet and leaving her to pluck out strands of grass. "Thanks, Lawrence. Let's go place the rocks!" They might as well, because the earth was shaking as Prixlezub drew near... This time Jo kept a sturdy hand on Lawrence's shoulder and wasn't going to find herself wobbling.

((Sorry for the delay. Posts take more time than they used to.))
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:18 pm

((Its fine, Jo! Don't push yourself~!))

Kev chuckled at Prixlezub's response, getting the logs ready for transport so that they would not slip and fall during the ride back to their camping area. There was a slight flinch at the returned yelling, and a snort as he tried to contain his laughter. He failed.

"Bwahahaha~!" These two were quite a riot when they were together! He did, however, glance back at the cottage. It seemed to shake from all the yelling and rumbling, and he was worried they might wake up Leslie. Or even worse, wake up the dogs that would then wake Leslie up with their barking. At least they were now beginning to leave, Kev thought as he climbed atop Prixlezub's lowered head to sit on his horns again. He kept one arm around the yoke to keep it in place, the other arm clinging to his horn. Where they had set up to sleep was far enough away that any horseplay or teasing would probably not wake up Leslie.

The car demon assured him that they were fine with their search, Kev nodding in agreement although his current position made the nod unseeable. "You're right. And I think I might, in fact~!" He gave Prixlezub's horn a pat, as if to let him know he was ready. Although that begged a good question, could Prixlezub feel with his horns? He pushed the thought away as Prixlezub began to walk away, Kev clinging to his horn in waiting for the moment that he would shoot forward like a bullet from a gun. His form relaxed, perhaps Prixlezub decided to walk at a more leasurely pace with their supplies on board? He relaxed at the wrong time though, as it was right when the demon picked up speed and became a blur on the grasslands. "EEEP!" He clung to the horns again, although this time he didn't hide his face in fear, finding this way of travel easier to handle now. In no time at all, they were back, and Kev climbed down from Prixlezub's head once he lowered it. "Thanks for helping me gather the logs, Prixlezub!" The travel to and fro wouldn't have been nearly as fast if it were him and him alone.

Kev lowered his yoke to the ground, untying the logs and setting them to the side. He was alerted to the arrival of the rest of their party by Jo's talking and a rather curious noise. Was that a dying horse? Oh wait, it was just Zurg, exhaling from carrying Jo on his back for...some reason. She didn't stay up there for long though, as she soon came tumbling down, Kev wincing at her landing. "You okay, Jo?" Apparently so, because she was already issuing vendettas and threats. YOU WOULD RUE THE DAY, BIG Z~! Lawrence helped her up, and she was already set on placing the stones down. "I take it your journey went well then?~" Besides, you know, the screaming.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:55 pm

Oh, so Zurg decided to poke at that, did he? The demon only gave a snort and shake of his head. Pansexual he was indeed, but his quirks surely did not include the castration of his partner. Or at least, that was what the demon heard the purple alien imply. Although that begged another question... How did Zurg figure out Prixlezub's sexuality so quickly? It was not like the prince professed his love or anything to the alien. Although, the demon figured there were probably a few ques he gave off that the monarch somehow picked up on. Ques found through the observation of a mob of certain silverfish.

Ah, but that little tidbit was nothing to ponder over, and there was no reason to keep the banter going overlong. At least not while his passenger was busting a seam over it.

As for the demon's horns, he indeed could not feel Kev's pats, but Prixlezub could hear the very light smack of skin on metal. Once having returned to the campsite,  Prixlezub watched as the rock gathering group returned, plenty of good sized stones in tow. Apparently Zurg had been moved from rock hunting duty to loyal steed, at least until Jo was thrown off. It certainly sounded like a solid landing, though she was up and giving the alien what for quickly enough. The demon's head turned back to Kev as he heard him speak. "You are welcome." He rumbled evenly. Now that everyone had returned, the prince looked to the center of the campsite and gave a thoughtful hum before looking to Lawrence and Jo.

"Would you mind if I made a small pit for the fire? Having the logs placed in a pit keeps them from catching the grass on fire, as it would probably spread past the rocks and into the camp as well. With a pit there wold be no risk as the fire would just burn the soil and logs instead, and the rocks would further contain it." Prixlezub explained. Though the more he thought about it, the better he figured it would be to just dig the pit. he may not know much about sleepovers and the like, but he had enough experience to know how to make a fire of all things. The demon raised his claw and tucked his talons like a large shovel before plunging it into the ground.

SHHHRRRIP!

In mere seconds the demon had excavated a chunk of earth into his hefty palm, revealing a small pit a foot or two deep, and about four feet in diameter. The lump of ripped grass and soil was placed aside in a small pile. Hm, there was something the demon was missing though... Aha! Then, taking a single claw, he singed away the surrounding grass, leaving a charred, black ring around it that was a good ten feet in diameter. Now there was nothing that a loose spark could get into and start a blaze. "That should be good enough for our fire I think, with the rocks placed around it." The prince remarked in a satisfied tone, sitting back on his patch of obsidian. Once they were done, the demon could just upturn the charred grass into soil, and replace the patch of grass he had scooped out. Unless one of the group had brought a shovel with them and were feeling helpful, that is.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:18 pm

"This beast of burden serenades who he pleases!" neighed an indignant alien with a brief identity crisis. Space whale, space equine - what did it matter to him? One was the loneliest number and Zurg continued to resonate through his aptly-layered body fat. "Maiden, mechanic, butler, or glorified feces machine - labels matter not when you are colourblind to rose-tinted glasses!" Or, in other words, Casanova saw no reason to peg a square piece into a round, incredibly narrow hole. He was, as the monarch said, colourblind. That issued, Zurg must have boomed the excitement out of him for he quickly settled down and made a quick note of those around his person.

Lawrence was helping Jo, Prixlezub had already delivered Kev to the pit, and that left him to continue hissing air out his teeth like a steam engine. Was it time for that breath yet? It was, and the monarch inhaled his fair share.

With renewed vigour came a lucid mind, and the alien nodded at Prixlezub's proposal. "Yes, please make the fire pit," he said to the demon. "It will save us quite a bit of time if you dug up the earth and allowed Kev to position the logs." And as for the rocks, now was the best time to place them. Zurg volunteered first, going around the charred ring Prixlezub had made while setting his earthly lovelies onto the blackened ground. As an alien and one who was capable of space flight, it was first and foremost his duty to create concentric circles to a flawless "T". Why? Becaue of crops and bovine abductions, of course! He finished his stretch of the pit and knew both Jo and Lawrence were undoubtedly doing the same at this very moment. Kev would have the honours of adding the logs into the middle with his dashingly-made yolk~! The sheer sight of it swelled the monarch with an unspoken pride.

He was glad you were using it, Kev.

"Alright, I believe that covers it," Zurg remarked, standing out of the pit and now back at both Jo's and Lawrence's side. "The construction of our outdoor camp is complete!" But... what now? Was now the time to create those s'mores Jo was eager to devour? To perhaps tell campfire stories or share experiences? At this, Zurg was at a royal loss and he rubbed the top of his head in thought. "...Well, I suppose we could hold hands and sing a song." Was that for children or a sleepover rite of passage?

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Lawrence couldn't help but snicker at the 'colorblind to rose-tinted glasses' comment. All organics could be seen as 'glorified feces machines' by a robot, but as Zurg said, it's not like labels really mattered.

He watched Prixlezub dig the firepit with one claw swipe, and then got to work placing the stones he held. Between himself, Zurg, and Jo, that didn't take long, and soon enough their little campsite was complete. The car demon could probably handle lighting the fire just fine.

As for Zurg's suggestion, the butler kept his amusement to himself, but he had to make a reply. "I am quite skilled at playing the bass, but singing is not one of my stronger points . . . my voice chip wasn't quite made for that. Perhaps we could exchange stories?"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Rue the day is correct! She'll get him back by laying a Porcelon oven, just you wait. "I'm fine, Kev, thanks for the concern. A lil' fall on the rump won't knock me out." And she said that proudly, too. "Yep! The journey went fine, too. Well... I kinda discovered something I didn't want to, b-but that's been handled!" Not a word from anyone about this. And what was Casanova going on about now?

Jo rolled her eyes with a small smirk, finding Big Z melodramatic again. Drama Whale... "Alright, alright. So long as I'm not the glorified feces machine." Sorry, Kev.

Anyway, laying down the rocks was nothing to break a sweat at. Big Z did his... weird alien thing, and Lawrence finished his side to a flawless standard that only a robot could achieve. Her? Well... Jo's sorting out was a little crooked, and not all that well spaced here or there, but she finished her part nevertheless. "All done!" she beamed happily. Oho, but now the real work was just beginning! All of these precious babies, with the exception of Lawrence, didn't know what to do. While Prixlezub had finished digging out the fire pit, Jo listened to all the comments being said. Sing songs? Playing the bass...? "Boys, not to toot my own horn, but I think we should set up camp first and then get situated," she suggested. What, were they going to tell stories and eat things on the grass? Ew, no! Bugs and dirt would get everywhere!

She made her way to where Big Z left the hoverbike and started to rummage through their gear. Oh, wait... Jo paused in what she was doing and made a slight glance at a certain demon prince. "Except for Prixlezub, though. By the looks of it he's already comfy."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:47 am

He gave the demon a nod to show he had heard his 'welcome' and turned to hear the condition of Jo's poor fanny! Although he did keep an 'ear' out, noting that Prixlezub would be the one to dig the pit for the fire. "Good! Not that I doubted that Pistonne strength in ya, just wanted to be sure. It didn't look very fun." He chuckled a bit at Jo's admission. "Oh yes, I heard your uh...'discovery'. I thought you were being murdered! Any idea what it was you 'discovered'?" From the sounds of it, it could be anything from a snake to a wolf!

He did blink in slight confusion at Jo's retort to Zurg. "Glorified feces machine? That's not me, is it?" What an...interesting title. Anyways, back to that campfire! Prixlezub used his massive talons to carve into the ground, digging out a nice pit for them to contain their fire. He watched with extra interest when the car demon charred the surrounding grass in a nice circle, condemning any sparks that tried to escape to die, rather than set the entire place on fire. "Indeed!" He clasped his hands together in an eager fashion, staying by the logs for the moment.

In the meantime, Zurg, Lawrence, and Jo began to place their rocks around the pit. Once they had finished, Kev began to bring the logs over, with an extra pep to his step as he used that fine yoke. He laid the logs out in a nice stacked fashion, adjusting them here and there to get it just right. A mediocre fire would not do for this sleepover, they needed something that would last a while! With that all done, Kev backed up out of the pit and aimed his palm forward, pressing a button on the side of his glove.

FFFWOMP

The logs had been set ablaze, much to his own delight! And even more to his delight, did Zurg mention singing?~ "Singing sounds fun!" Although Jo brought up a good point, for the more organic among them it might be a good idea to set up their little areas before they fall asleep in the grass. He nodded and carried his yoke over to his bag, setting it down and rolling the sleeping bag and pillow out. "Exchanging stories sounds fun too though!"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:51 am

The prince was indeed well situated on his obsidian patch once the fire pit was all sorted out. His rear legs stretched out comfortably behind him while one front claw was tucked beneath his chest, the other stretched out to leisurely lay just at the edge of his glassy patch. Prixlezub's gaze shifted downwards as he watched Zurg, Lawrence and Jo place the rocks, an amused puff of smoke curling lightly from his grill as he watched the asymmetrical shapes form. Lawrence monarch's side was quite neat and round, and Jo's side... Well, she certainly put forth effort. Once Kev came forward with the wood, it did not take long for a fire to get going. Along with the arrangement of the supplies everyone brought with them. Jo's observation certainly was accurate as the prince gave an affirming nod her way. He had no real need for sleeping bags or blankets, the obsidian patch was more a means of keeping the rest of the grass from being burned by his heated aura.

Though wait... Maiden? The prince gave a mock indignant snort at the purple alien, gifting him with a halo of smoke around his curled horns. "If anyone here is to be the maiden Zurg, it is you." He lightly teased with a small grin, "Especially with such fair skin as yours." The demon may return the monarch's serenade, but by no means was he sitting in a tower. And neither could he be submitted with a simple tickle. Though as for their evening entertainment, the demon listened to the current choices. Singing, or stories... Hm. The demon doubted that anyone would find his voice relatively pleasing if he sang in his own tongue, and the songs he knew were not those of this world. As for stories however, the demon probably could remember a few.

"I would not mind exchanging stories." The demon offered in agreement with Lawrence, though his voice grew slightly ponderous as a particularly salty scent wafted towards his grill. The edges of his boxy snout twitched slightly, the smell tempting... Oh, but were they ready yet? Prixlezub glanced back at the two rectangular containers, something segmented wiggling out of a ventilation hole before retreating back inside. Whatever he brought with him, they certainly were ripe for the picking. His eyes shifted back to Zurg. "We could have our exchanges of stories or music while we cook our food, if anyone is hungry after gathering the supplies needed for the fire." The demon rumbled thoughtfully.

Gathering stones and wood sounded like something that would make one hungry, or so he thought.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Wouldn't knock her out, huh? Zurg knew better and he decided to yank a few chains. It was what he's good at, no? "I'm sure Jo discovered a small vermin, but in the process she lost her pride~!" Fart on him all you want! Just... not in the eyes, okay? He wasn't sure how pink-eye would affect him. But he was sure about something else, and that something was Kev. The monarch eyed his friend with amused skepticism, if that were possible, and simply said, "No, Kev. I am positive that Prixlezub is the glorified feces machine. You can be the maiden, since I still have that Pretty Pink Princess dress somewhere." Along with that feisty avian, too~!

And... apparently Jo needed glasses, because her rocks? Zurg's alien OCD was starting to flare up.

He fidgeted with a foot as inconspicuously as he could, pushing rocks into proper formation. "Prixlezub, you're just jealous," he shamelessly teased. "Jealous that I, a man of many talents, could be ALL the things." But then Zurg paused, closing his eyes and sounding rather confident at something. "However, esteemed space whale monarch sounds much better to suit my... magnificence." Poo-poo to you, too.

All that said and done, the fire managed to be completed without anyone burning themselves and Kev had done the honours. "Hmm." Rather content with that, Zurg was glad he didn't have to use his eyes for once. "Thank you, Kev. That should do nicely." And now for the second step! ...Which, oddly, did not concern signing or holding hands. "Setting up camp so early?" asked the monarch, sounding mildly confused. Well, what did he know? If left to his own devices, he would have liked to hear Lawrence play the bass while everyone shouted songs at the top of their lungs. It was a good way to become public menaces, you know. But Jo was right - getting everyone comfortable was the best course of action. Then they could - wait... what was that!? Something was twitching from one of Prixlezub's containers! And that smell!

Now the monarch was suspecting something, and Zurg turned his face away from the demon in order to conceal narrowing eyes. Prixlezub was up to something... What? "That's a rather cozy sleeping bag," he commented to Kev's choice in patterns and colours. It was really to throw off the fact that Zurg was now cautious, but he did really like his friend's personal preference.

"Agreed; telling stories while enjoying ourselves is a good idea." While Jo was busy finding her gear, Zurg had already located his. The monarch's sleeping bag was nothing special, but it suited his needs just fine. It wasn't like he ever went camping, after all. Zurg was still new to all of this. He brought it over and unfurled it out, coming back and forth to set some possessions down that will be used for later. "There! I hope this sleeping bag is big enough..." he fretted. "I've never really done anything like this before." But he was a champ! Zurg nestled into it just fine and wiggled his toes against the new fabric. "Mmmm..." That's soft. So soft, his eyes went in opposite directions and a low rumbling disturbed the air.

Don't mind Zurg; he was simply happy to be off his feet.

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:39 am

Lawrence watched Zurg nudge all those rocks into place, trying to resist his own urge to go adjust them. Yes, he knew they wouldn't be getting a perfect circle, but come on, Jo could've done a little better?

Zurg's preening was met with a bit of an optic roll, but the butler couldn't help but be amused. Lawrence hadn't heard that sort of thing from the monarch in a while, it was good to see him with his spirits high enough to indulge a bit with his flamboyant side. Still, that didn't mean he wouldn't comment. "Maiden or space whale monarch, hmm? Well, you certainly can be girly at times, but the latter does fit much better..."

As the others started to set up their places, Lawrence did the same, extracting a dark blue sleeping bag from his subspace storage. He didn't need it to be honest, but if he hadn't brought anything, he was sure his organic friends would keep asking if he were comfortable. He placed the sleeping bag on the ground off to one side of the area Zurg had claimed, and sat down upon it. He probably wouldn't actually crawl inside until he was about to recharge, he was quite comfortable where he was.

The butler also noticed the movement from one of the containers, but didn't really concern himself about it. It wouldn't be the first time he had seen live food, if it actually was food.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Nope. Jo made no attempt to correct her rocks, finding them perfect in their own little right. Big Z and Lawrence were just big perfectionist snobs, the patsies. "Trust me -- if I was being murdered, you'd hear a lot of swears." Another Pistonne tradition! Pops would be proud, but what's this about losing pride? Jo gave Big Z a stink-eye and grunted, "Funny man, funny man... I'm keeping a list and I'm checking it twice, Big Z."

Anyway, fair-skinned and girly was right. You want to know who cried his eyes out watching the sappiest romance movies? Yeah, that guy. Jo made a face and fanned the air near her, walking past the Grand Poobah. "Alright, alright. Don't stink up the air with your magnificence."

Now for the sleeping bags!

Jo was still rummaging for her roll, scratching her head out of puzzlement. She could have sworn that she packed it... Kev already had his darling bag out, and so did both Big Z and Lawrence. Why did a robot need a sleeping bag, anyway? Ah well, maybe he just wanted to pretend and savor the moment. "Maybe I put it over..." Actually... The mechanic set whatever was in her hands down, a grim realization dawning on her. "Uh-oh..." Uh-oh! Jo grimaced and quietly panicked, rubbing her chin. Welp! Big Z was going to have an entire moozle farm but that's just how the cookie crumbled.

"I think exchanging stories is a great idea!" said the mechanic brightly, coming back and hoping no one noticed her being empty-handed. Jo clapped her hands and looked at everyone with a smile, sitting down upon a lovely patch of dirt and grass. "Yep! Eating and telling stories and, you know, sleeping in bags. Yeaaaaah..."

Just going to be one of those days.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:41 am

"Oh, I can believe that, Jo!~" Jo would certainly have words for anyone who dared to try and murder her bruuka. He turned to Zurg. A small vermin, was it? Kev chuckled a bit. "I can see why she'd be scared though! In the dark, a small vermin can feel like something else!" Alas, here lies Jo's pride. Course, it wouldn't take long to resuscitate that pride either. Speaking of pride... "The maiden is a better title than a glorified feces machine, for sure." He gave the purple alien a skeptical look. "Really? I thought it got ripped apart by Metro Man, when you had the dress attacking him while it was still on me." Oh, what an eventful gardening lesson that had been! "I should remember, I was sitting there completely naked!" At least he hadn't left with any lasting injuries.

And there went Zurg and Prixlezub again, Kev shaking his head a bit with amusement. Purple didn't seem very fair skinned to him, and although the monarch may be wearing robes, he didn't quite qualify for the term 'maiden'. Jealousy and magnificence...this was the good-natured ribbing he was missing. He let them have their fun, nodding to Zurg when he was thanked for lighting the fire. "No problem!" Whatever Zurg and Lawrence had noticed, had gone unnoticed by Kev, who unrolled his bag til it was perfection and flopped on top of it, rolling around like a content cat.

"I haven't had a chance to use this thing in a while~! Still as comfy as ever!" He trilled contently, finally rolling onto his belly, pillow bunched up under his chin to support it. Zurg and Lawrence unrolled their sleeping bags as well. "Thank you Zurg! I like your's as well, and your's too, Lawrence! They match the both of you quite well." Purple with purple, and dark blue with gray and some blue spots. Ah yes, cooking, singing, telling stories, all of which sounded very nice! "Who wants to go first?" Jo joined them after a moment, but curiously, without a sleeping bag! "You gonna rough it, Jojo?" Sleeping on grass wasn't too bad, although there may be more vermin for her to find in there...

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:38 pm