Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

A Sleepover? Is That What Normal People Do?

System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Re: A Sleepover? Is That What Normal People Do?

Post by System on Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:06 am

The member 'Lawrence' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:21 pm

What happens when you mix a bunch of boys and dangerous playthings together? You get this, apparently. Jo was left to remain beside Big Z, her arms crossed and her eyes even crosser. Yeah, she was starting to get pretty irritated. "Kev, you're not gonna shred Big Z's mind - you can't. Now get out of there before you open up something you'll regret." Power was also overrated, anyway. Ah, but what was this? True to Jo's words, Kev had stumbled upon one of Big Z's golden mind-nuggets. She was willing to bet good money that it was dark and twisted in some places... "Told you," she remarked, a tad smug. Whatever the pseudo-evil Kev had found, it must not have been very child-friendly. The mechanic watched Big Z punch himself with a dopey grin and she simply shook her head, eyes rolling. "You and Kev are a bunch of hams, Big Z." It was too bad Prixlezub missed in swatting Kev, but Lawrence? Oho, Lawrence tackled that over-sized green booger like a champ.

"Nice hit! You could have made for a promising grav-ball defender," Jo winked with a playful grin. Now, about Big Z's predicament... She had no clue when Kev would revert back to his normal self, so it was better to be safe than sorry. "Alright, I didn't want to do this but you two have left me no choice," she said. Standing up for this, Jo inched closer to Big Z aaaaaaand... fwap! Gave him a moderate flick with her finger, nail colliding against his left horn. If Kev was still enjoying the tour in Big Z's mind, then hope he didn't mind the sudden nervous system overload.

Jo had a good feeling that Big Z was going to collapse onto the ground and start drooling, so she acted fast. The mechanic snatched the flask of distilled evil out of his stunned hand and kept it close, no one getting it for the rest of tonight. "Sorry, but that was for the good of the colony." She'll make it up to him later.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:31 am

Oh, was that a breeze? Or perhaps a dainty butterfly coming to fly beside Kev and flutter its wings about? Perhaps it was a feather, floating on the wind to brush up against him lightly and tickle him into submission?

Oh, no. It was just Prixlezub. Kev ducked and moved his body to the side, avoiding the paw without much distress. "I give you a C for effort." An amusing effort, but it was simply that. An effort. He turned his attention back to Zurg, who was going on some tangent. "Correction. I'm in control of you. Unless you are admitting to being nothing." He crossed his arms and listened, raising a brow ridge. "So what, you're going to beat me up because you gave me a liquid without telling me what it is and I acted accordingly? I thought you wanted entertainment. I thought you wanted me to be ambitious." He circled around the alien, eyes cold. "Is this ambitious enough for you, Zurgy-kins?" The clever girl was beginning to get on his nerves. He sent her a harsh glare, but ignored her.

Zurg definitely had some feeling of victory over what he had managed to do, though Kev was already hard at work building a mental wall between them. The suggestion had already been given after all, and anything he said would be obeyed. He was no longer needed inside Zurg's mind. He chuckled, stroking the side of Zurg's head again. "Toy? Please. You're an instrument. A wrench with which I shall grasp and use to build. And this isn't a mind link, you twit. I'd never mind link with a fool like you. Look at you." He gestured to him. "Your power has gone to waste! You live a simple life while your resources sit around and wait to be used! You wanted me to be ambitious, I'll be ambitious. I want your power. I deserve your power. You sure as hell aren't using it, why should you get to keep it all to yourself." He pulled away from Zurg, glaring. And then he punched himself and gave some sort of anatomy lecture. "Did I ask for a lesson on your biology, slave? No. I did not." He was getting big for his britches.

What came from behind this time was sure as hell not a breeze, nor butterfly, nor stupid feather. It was the pear-shaped body of a one metal man named Lawrence. He yelled out in surprise before finding himself pinned to the ground under the heavy body. "NYAAARGH! YOU IDIOT!" He hissed loudly. "YOU CAN'T KEEP ME FROM WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY MINE! ZURG!" He looked to him, about to give him an order, but Jo did the unthinkable and...incapacitated him. The vial! "Jo please, give it to me. I'm your friend! Don't you want me to get powerful and strong? To be able to hurt whoever would want to kill me?" The 'overlord' method wasn't working, perhaps the pitiable one would. Though he could feel the hold of this thing beginning to wane. "Give me the vial!"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Much to the prince's disappointment, his claws only managed to swipe at thin air, Kev's body proving to be as agile as it was noodly. The alien's statement next only managed to furrow the already irritated demon's brow further, effort rating aside. Did Kev fully believe he was in control of them all simply due to enthralling Zurg on a level that could only be described as partial? "There are ways of ambition that do not travel this route, Kev." Prixlezub rumbled tolerantly. " You act as though Zurg is the only key to victory when there are so many more. Ways that can be attained without the requirement for a mortal vessel to carry it out for you. Consider it, Kev. If Zurg is defeated, who will you have left to use as your puppet, a means of shielding you while carrying out your whims?" You were not as impervious as you thought, Kryptostanian. A fact both Jo and Lawrence were more than happy to prove.

A flick to Zurg's horns and his body was rendered inoperable, leaving the alien open and vulnerable to Lawrence's rather effective tackle. His mental shouting shrill and angry within his mind, the prince only curled his lips in a snarl, smoke rolling from his grill. It soon subsided, exchanged in favor of using a more subservient tactic. So, he thought that after all he had pulled over Zurg and the arrogant words he had spoken that the vial would simply be handed to him readily? "Fool, you lack competence in your plans and effectiveness in carrying them out. Attempting to gain humor from those you had so openly tried to oppress and insult only shows your lack of skill in your so called ambition." Prixlezub stated evenly. The alien was under restraint and separated from the putrid fluid, he would not be gaining it back so soon. So long as Lawrence had him pinned to the ground, the only thing left to do was sit and wait for the effects to wear off. Speaking of which...

"Did Zurg ever mention how long the effects of the distilled evil last, Jo?" He asked, turning his gaze to the mechanic. Hopefully it would not linger for much longer.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:20 pm

You know, in hindsight this was probably not one of Zurg's greatest ideas... Perhaps a pinch above the mutant vegetable scheme, but not by much. And while he did want Kev to become more assertive in life and take a stand every now and then, this was... well, it was a drastic step in the opposite direction. Odd, though... The monarch hadn't expected such a volatile reaction to the distilled evil so rapidly, as he had made sure to brew a weaker concentration. Could it be that Kev had zero tolerance?

"Twit!? Hmph! Speak for yourself," he managed to growl back, fists tightening. When this little game ends and Zurg was in full control of his body, he was going to pound Kev black and - ?

Ambition wrote:"Your power has gone to waste! You live a simple life while your resources sit around and wait to be used! You wanted me to be ambitious, I'll be ambitious. I want your power. I deserve your power. You sure as hell aren't using it, why should you get to keep it all to yourself."
    And that, ladies and demon, was when Kev actually managed to land a blow straight home.

The resistance pooling within his mind was gone, leaving the monarch to just... submit. So that's what this was about, huh? Power, Kev? Unlimited power? Zurg didn't... well, he didn't know how to feel about that. Logically he knew it was just business - it's how these things went. Budding upstart to villainy sees an incumbent evildoer, attempts to usurp them in a bid for dominance, etc etc. This was all very much routine, so that isn't want drove a nail somewhere. What cut deep was the fact that even Kev - Kev - recognized the monarch's uselessness without all of his previous clout. The weapons, the technology, the power... Oh yes, such marvelous things; such exciting things; such... addictive things. Zurg remembered that last one quite well. Ah, but here was Kev... Sweet, innocent Kev thinking that he could wield this obscene amount of authority. Laughable, really. As Prixlezub had already wisely mentioned, Kev lacked clear direction and adequate restraint.

No, giving him this so-called deserved power will only lead to ruin. "Even if you had my power and managed to successfully hoard it for yourself, you would steadily grow mad," rumbled the monarch, his tone placid. All of this fighting was exhausting. He didn't want to keep this up anymore. "It will consume you and then, when you realize how desperate you are to be rid of it, it will then dawn on you that... you cannot; you cannot simply be rid of it. I await the day your supposed ambition haunts you for the rest of your immortal life."

But enough talk. The monarch detected movement in the corner of his eye and, sure enough, he already knew what was going to happen next. Zurg quietly sighed and proceeded to count, no longer bothering. "One... Two..." fwap! He never made it to three. The monarch fell upon his side and underwent a series of paralyzing seizures, body convulsing. At least Kev couldn't have his wish and that was worth all the spasms on the Breach.

It was a shame he wasn't conscious enough to see Lawrence's flying tackle.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:23 am

Dead Alien Walking wrote:"Your power has gone to waste! You live a simple life while your resources sit around and wait to be used! You wanted me to be ambitious, I'll be ambitious. I want your power. I deserve your power. You sure as hell aren't using it, why should you get to keep it all to yourself."
    There was a low growl from Lawrence, and in the next two seconds Kev would find his face being ground into the dirt, hard. The butler managed to hold himself back rather well otherwise, just that one expression of the rage the noodly alien managed to ignite was all he allowed to escape. Well, that and the words, anyway. "How dare you! If I did not know this was caused by something external, if you were not a friend, I would end you right here. For all you speak of power, you know nothing about it. Power is not freedom, it is a burden only the very strong can bear, and even those who are strong enough will eventually falter. Not even Zurg was exempt from this, so I imagine your own chances of avoiding it are next to nil."

There would be no escaping from the robot at least as long as it took for the distilled evil to wear off, and it was a near certainty Kev would be sporting a few bruises afterward. Lawrence held the alien down with an iron grip, though he kind of surprised himself with how well he held himself back. In earlier times, it was best not to think about what might have happened then. "We live that simple life because we have both tired of our old ones . . . there is nothing wrong with wanting peace and quiet, and a loving home, given all that we've survived. Zurg's resources are still there to perhaps be used during the next bi-monthly disaster, but other than that, they stand idle because they are not needed. It would be foolish to discard them, especially given the nature of this world, but until they are needed they can very well collect dust for the duration."

At Prixlezub's question, Lawrence glanced over to the demon, though he kept his sensors mostly trained on Kev. "I believe he said approximately 5 minutes, which means this shouldn't be much longer of a wait."

Until those last few minutes passed, the butler was perfectly content to keep sitting on his new 'pillow'.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:38 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold the vid-phone, folks. Just when in the galaxy did Kev think he could talk to them like that? Distilled evil or not, Jo was beginning to roll up her shirt's sleeves. "Big Z said this crap was supposed to last roughly five minutes, but it's only gonna take me a second to clean Kev's clock." No one - and she means no one - got to demean Big Z that way. No way, pal. She didn't care if you were Portal-X yourself; you do not go running your mouth, or mind, like that. "C'mere, Kev. I got a lady called Mrs. Palmer and her five daughters that you ought to meet." Fortunately that never came to pass, as Lawrence had a solid grip on their delusional half-pint. "Thanks," she tipped her head at the butler. "I was about to do something that would've echoed back to the first time Kev and I crossed each other." Granted this wasn't entirely Kev's fault, but cosmos! It was awfully tempting to act on her urge to smash him into a green pulp.

Estrogen will do that, you know.

Anyway... With Big Z out of commission and currently seized due to spasms, that left Jo the sole bearer of his flask. Distilled evil... Peh, it wasn't worth the trouble it caused. "Oh, so you want this?" she taunted Kev, holding the metallic container and letting the fire reflect off its silver finish. "Well, too bad. I'm getting rid of it." And thus, just like that, Jo popped off the cap and proceeded to pour all of the flask's contents directly into the awaiting campfire.

WHOOOSH! Boy, look at those beautiful colors! Greens, blues, yellows, and oranges... This stuff was grade-AAA bad for you, yes sir. All the more reason to get dispose of it, Jo happily closing the flask back up and tossing it in the hoverbike's general vicinity. "Case solved. Good work, detectives," she two-finger saluted both Prixlezub and Lawrence. That hopefully managed, Jo went back over to Big Z and sat down closer to him. Hmm... She must have hit him harder than she thought. "Whoops! Sometimes I don't know my own strength... Sorry, Big Z! Are you feeling better now? Do you want something to eat or drink?" And maybe not go flying off the panhandle? Ooh, maybe disabling him wasn't such a great idea... Too late to think about that now, though. Jo did the best she could in making him comfortable, starting by massaging his back.

Okay, so he might be a teensy bit mad...
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:59 pm

Ways of ambition that did not involve using others to his gain, to collecting all the present power and making it his own? "He's not the only way, no, but he is the closest and easiest at the moment. Jo's a mechanic, Lawrence is a robot, and you are a demon. You and Lawrence have minds that I am not very familiar with. I'm not even sure how I communicate with robots, let alone controlling one. And you...you may have some resistance to telepathy that I'm not aware of. Zurg's the closest and easiest path to a powerful lifestyle, though even he has his drawbacks." Drawbacks in the form of mental images involving him and the Master's cult and a certain bro. "By the time Zurg is defeated I will have the entire populous under my control! Besides, they will never know the puppet-master behind it all. Before leaving here I would wipe your own memories so you do not remember this. No one would suspect sweet, noodly little Kevvy~!"

He turned to Zurg as he spoke, scrutinizing him as he spoke. "I'd say after the Phazon crisis, I'm used to going mad with power. At the very least it would be a fun ride. And besides, you know how this goes. Someone tries to take over the world, the citizens fight back. They'll have to fight back against my mind control first, but by then perhaps I'll be bored of this power. Or fully satisfied. Either way, I won't have to live with it. The citizens will come and kill me. And I'm used to dying by now, perhaps that could be my final death!" So long as he got what he wanted for the time that he wanted, he was fine with a final rest, a final death. He will have made a name for himself! People would talk for years about the time Kev of all people, took over the world. He would be remembered. As something other than 'that guy that lives in a cottage full of animals who's funny when scared'. He would have respect, glory, infamy!

But even as fun as all of that sounded, eventually he had been taken down by the robot, who did not appreciate his words any bit at all. His bones were tensed beneath the metal body, not breaking only due to their flexible nature. His flesh was crying for mercy beneath the rough sensation of metal grinding against him, a few green bruises already forming. He hissed back at the robot, struggling but not getting anywhere. "And there's nothing wrong with getting bored of a peaceful life! I want respect! I want power, I want glory, I want to show what I'm made of! People think I'm weak, but I am not weak!" A little ironic since he couldn't even lift Lawrence off of himself. Eventually he stopped struggling and just laid against the grass weakly.

He looked up at Jo, who held the flask in front of him like a dog being shown a treat only to have it taken away. She poured it all out, the glowing liquid splashing into the fire and making quite the display. Lets hope that doesn't make any evil fires, sparks, or firewood. "You...you..." It seemed really distasteful to insult her all of a sudden. He sighed and laid his head against the grass, regret and remorse filling him up rather than evil thoughts of manipulation and ambition. It was like coming down from a high where you decided to start a fight with your family. In this case family was more like friends, but it still felt really stupid and mean of him. Even if it was due to a liquid of distilled evil. "I'm sorry..." Just like with the phazon, absorbing such a liquid through his skin like he had didn't end well. With his biology the way it was, the corrupting fluid got a beeline straight to his inner workings.

Last edited by Kev on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:19 pm

So, the alien took control of Zurg's mind because it was the most familiar? Kev had his points regarding the others, Lawrence being a robot, and himself being quite alien to the point where he was unsure how a telepathic attack would even work against him. A wise decision, for the demon prince showed no mercy to those who dared infiltrate his thoughts so flippantly. Further the green alien gloated his plans, acting as if wiping one's mind of the whole event would be so easily done.

"Did you not just say earlier that my mind and Lawrence's were unfamiliar to you? With such knowledge how can you be so sure that you could successful make us forget your little stint?" Prixlezub retorted, smoke curling from his grill. The alien carried on, downplaying the consequences of death, even were he may not come back from the pool should he be killed once more. "What of your animals, Kev? What of Leslie? Is power and infamy truly worth the price of your loved ones?" he rumbled, observing as the alien struggled against Lawrence's grip.

Again Kev hissed, obviously not convinced with the robot's own tense statement regarding Zurg's circumstance. Of course, this whole ploy was proven to be caused by the alien's wishes to prove he was not weak, that he could do something. "Kev, you are not weak. If you were weak you would not have given your life to help those children during the reign of Mr. Dark, you would have stayed home and cowered. If you were weak you would not have gotten involved when that curse fell over the breach during my first week here. What you are acting is insecure, and that substance you took is only amplifying that." Prixlezub sternly said, watching as the alien's struggling began to die down.

The demon nodded upon hearing Lawence's statement, by now the five minutes should be ticking away its final seconds and Kev would be back to normal. His gaze turned to Jo as she dumped the rest of the dsitilled evil into the fire, an array of color billowing within the campfire's flames. Good, they would not have to worry about Kev becoming tempted for another taste once the initial high wore off. As for Zurg, it seemed he would be down and out for a while until his own self recovered from that flicking.

Gloating and insults were soon turned into a whimpered apology, the last few drops of distilled evil leaving the alien's systems. Perhaps now they could get back to enjoying their food with little interruptions.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Oh, now wasn't this ironic. Considering the monarch thought in X'rghthu most of the time and kept his thoughts well-guarded, it was somewhat interesting to hear Kev elaborate on how he could not - emphasis on the not - gain a beneficial footing on unfamiliar minds. Did Zurg also fail to mention that he was, you know, a tried and true sovereign? Pfft, Kev had a better chance taking over Jo's mind than he would Zurg's. Of course, the monarch wouldn't let that come to pass so everything works out perfectly in the end. He was doing you a favour by letting you take his mind and not hers, Kev. One word: fantasies.

You're welcome.

One irritating drawback about having a cluster of nerves out in the open, besides anyone able to give them a good love tap, is that certain... functions go before the rest. Take the monarch's acute hearing, for example. The moment Jo decided to incapacitate him was the moment everything became muffled. Zurg couldn't hear a lick, but that was probably for the best. At maximum, he could feel Prixlezub's rumbling dialogue within his chest but that was the extent. As for sight, smell, and touch? Zip on those, too. That left taste, which... sadly worked perfectly fine and he regrettably noticed the piece of shrimp he ate not too long ago trying to get out and rejoin the world. Add a bit of bile, while you're at it. In laymen's terms: Zurg wasn't particularly thrilled to taste his food for a second time - even if it was shrimp.

Believed to be Jo wrote:"Whoops! Sometimes I don't know my own strength... Sorry, Big Z! Are you feeling better now? Do you want something to eat or drink?"
    The tingling sensation that gripped his limbs was beginning to subside and the monarch's hearing steadily returned. Groggy and not at all feeling better, Zurg carefully rolled himself into an upright sitting position and sluggish glanced around. That campfire was much brighter than he remembered... Where... Where was he again? Kev, Lawrence, Prixlezub... Oh right, sleepover. Reaching up to rubs his temples with a small groan, the alien threw Jo a disapproving, but grateful, look.

"For the good of the colony, was it?" Zurg repeated the last words he had heard, tone indicative of annoyance. "You know, Jo... One of these fine days you are going to severely harm my nervous system by doing that. Or worse, I daresay kill me."

If this wasn't Portal Breach and if he didn't supposedly have more than one life, the monarch would have been furious.

Instead, Zurg was more irritated than angry and paid little attention to the sour aftertaste on the back of his tongue. "Right. I'm assuming the distilled evil has worn off by now," he noted, spotting Lawrence currently pinning Kev with his metal body and Prixlezub having yet to roast anyone alive. So far, so good. The alien lightly butted a palm against the side of his head, mimicking someone who had sand in their ear. "Kev, I like you - I really do - but I would appreciate it if you stayed out of my mind. There are things in there that you don't need to trouble yourself with, understood? Good, perfect." He didn't even let the string bean reply. Done rattling the last of his friend's influence out along with a few cobwebs, the monarch acted as if he hadn't skipped a beat.

"Apology accepted. Lawrence, you can release him now. Kev's back to his noodly self and he knows better than to try anything else, given present company." What are you forgetting, Zurg? Go on...

It was impossible to tell if the alien was scowling or otherwise making bitter faces due to the veil, but if you looked hard enough for the little details... You would realize that the monarch's eyes already gave him away. "I don't know what happened after I was, as the Queen Bee put it, knocked out for the good of the colony, but I see no one is harmed and that's that. I apologize for the prank, Kev. Although I had brewed an especially low concentration of distilled evil entirely meant for you, it seems..." How to put this mildly? Zurg chose these next words with as much tact as he could muster. "It seems that, given your unique insecurities and zero tolerance, the low concentration had easily overpowered your logical reasoning and ran with your coveted desires. It happens; sometimes it was hard for even me to rein those urges in." Much better. Zurg will get over being seen as an idea one day, just not... now.

Now he simply wanted to eat more roasted shrimp and pass out beneath the stars.

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Unfamiliar minds, hmm? Generally Lawrence registered Kev's 'voice' as an odd radio signal with only broadcast capabilities, there was nothing two-way about it. Even if the butler could nail down the frequency with how much it fluctuated, transmitting his own thoughts would likely only result in a cacophony of static, given they were pure binary at their very core.

It took a while, but eventually Zurg returned to the land of the living. Thankfully he seemed none the worse for wear after everything that happened, shaking off the last of Kev's influence as he spoke. Lawrence was still a bit concerned given the words, however. "I do worry that one of these days, you will manage to pinch too hard, Jo."

After that, they got an explanation as to why Kev went off the deep end so quickly, and that certainly made sense to the butler. From what he knew of organics, usually if something was absorbed through the skin it would affect said organic far more quickly. With how little there really was to Kev, the effect was similar to someone having too much to drink in a rapid amount of time.

With the danger apparently past, Lawrence removed himself from Kev's person, and moved to help the alien to his feet as well. "It had to be done, you understand. No hard feelings, hmm?"

Even as he said that and moved back to his sleeping bag, the butler's thoughts went back to Kev's words even as much as he didn't want them to. Sighing faintly as he sat down again, Lawrence retrieved his flask of high grade from his internal storage and took a small sip, hoping that would help his 'nerves' a bit.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Wow. This was... a lot to soak in. Time to dissect everything into neat, concise bites.

"Kev, I fail to see how living a peaceful existence means you won't have respect," Jo pointed out. Hey, the mechanic didn't go around regretting her life choices. Staying at home and going to work was infinitely better than, say, being an Evil Emperor shackled to his profession and not necessarily living. All that power and glory came at a steep price that Jo wasn't willing to shell out for. "And don't talk like that, Kev. It's the distilled evil rattling your brain. You don't want to die a final death, do you? What are your animals going to do without you? What about poor Leslie? She'll be heartbroken." Not to mention that all of Kev's friends, like present company included, would be devastated. Prixlezub was also of the same opinion, going so far as to include a specific example of when Kev wasn't weak in the face of danger. "And what about the time you stood up against Ridley and his Space Pirate goons?" she added. Granted, she didn't know all of the details surrounding her friend's involvement but she knew the parts that counted. "You're brave when you have to be, Kev. Just because you don't spit out fire or fire lasers from your eyes doesn't mean you're a puny speck that no one bothers to notice." Oh, hang on. Big Z was coming around.

She looked over as the purple instigator sat back up, her lips curling into a small frown. "I didn't mean to hurt you, Big Z. Given that you're practically twice my size and Kev had some control over you, I had to find some way of preventing you from handing over more distilled evil. We're gonna talk about that later, by the way." You're not out of the woods yet, pal.

...Or maybe he was, as Jo listened to Big Z apologize. "I stand corrected," the mechanic remarked, pleasantly surprised. "Looks like we're all back on page one, with no broken bones or harmed egos to show." Kev apologized for his behavior, Big Z apologized for starting yet another chain of events, and Lawrence was no longer giving Kev a free weight loss program. Guess that just left her, right? "Sorry for being a lil' severe with you, Kev. Some of the things you said were a bit triggering, but it's not your fault. It was just the distilled evil talking, like I said. And this Queen Bee is sorry for giving you a sting, Big Z." C'mon! You know you loved that just now, you purple thorn in her - "Hey! You know what would make this all better?" Jo suddenly blurted out with a wide grin, an idea coming to mind. "If we made some s'mores! Well... If Kev and I made some s'mores. The rest of you boys can just, I don't know, pass some drinks and food around; but not more distilled evil, got it?"

Big Z, that was to you more than anyone else.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:19 am

Prixlezub had caught on to a little inconsistency in what he had said, if their minds were as unfamiliar as he said then wiping memories clean would not be so easy. But when you have a big head, sometimes you ignore the little details so you can brag instead. What he said next, Jo echoed as well. If he were to do those things, what of his beloved animals? What of Leslie? Could he really leave them behind to try and take over the world, get some sort of conquest and feel better about himself, when he had people who loved him he'd be leaving behind? Leslie, Ophelia, the animals, his friends. Under the influence of that stuff, it seemed like a marvelous idea, but now...now it was irresponsible, mean, and unlike him.

And as for their other arguments...he listened, but he couldn't help but not entirely believe in some parts. Yes, he had been brave to leap to the defense of the Links, but he'd also been stupid. He leaped into the room, and became frozen in spot. And...ended up being killed. He had been killed, and those same boys had to watch. Because of him, they saw it and probably felt guilty for it when they shouldn't, it was all his fault. As for Ridley and his goons, he hadn't really done much. He had fought the space pirates, but when he fought them he had been...frankly psychotic. He had ripped one open and laughed about it, he wasn't doing it to help Portal Breach. He did it because at the time it felt good. In the Mines, he was ready to betray everyone just so he could get his hands on the Phazon, and protect it.

However, they were right. He was braver then he thought, stronger than he seemed too. Sometimes he forgot, and sometimes it didn't seem like he was strong at all. Being strong and brave were sort of overrated anyway. He had friends. He had people he loved. It wasn't always the path to power that mattered or made you happy. Sometimes it was the simple one, full of people who gave you purpose. Oh, Zurg was waking up!

...Oh Tulsit, he was waking up and he wasn't going to be happy. Thankfully he was already underneath Lawrence, though he pressed himself against the grass as if to hide himself. Thankfully, Zurg didn't seem too angry. "S-sorry about that...doing that is a cultural taboo." Granted, he used his powers in battle but they were precisely that. Battles. Life or death situations. This was a casual setting and Zurg hadn't raised a hand against him. "It won't happen again, promise." He listened to Zurg apologize and explain. He nodded, somewhat ashamed. "Sorry..." It had been his third apology but he didn't really know what else to say now that he'd all but threatened them. Took control of Zurg and tried to use him as a puppet for power, threatened to wipe Lawrence, Jo, and Prixlezub of their memories.

Lawrence got off and he took the offered hand, getting to his feet somewhat shakily. You never realize how heavy a robot is until its on top of you...after he was back on his feet he rubbed his body over to smooth out the aches and kinks. "No no, no hard feelings. You did good, Lawly." Jo apologized too and he shook his head. "No, you weren't too harsh. Its okay. I'm...sorry about what I said. It was out of line." Thankfully the subject had been changed. Happier now, Kev nodded in agreement. "S'mores for us, shrimps for you too and...glowy stuff for Lawrence." Kev for one was ready to pretend the past 5 minutes had never happened.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Around the crackling fire Kev gave his repeated apologies to the group, undoubtedly regretting his decision to take up Zurg's offer on the distilled evil. The purple monarch taking responsibility for his rather ill-planned prank, it had certainly been entertaining at first, until the effects had kicked in fully. It wasn't so fun when one's entertainment turned on its creator, was it? His gaze traveled over the group as the rest gave their statements, finding nothing to point or out object to. What passed had passed, and the little damage that had been done was contained. All that needed to be concerned was enjoying the rest of the evening, the prince pulling out a couple of fresh shrimp from the container and popping them back into his mouth.

As for s'mores, the demon glanced over at Jo and Kev. "I do not believe I have heard of s'mores." he rumbled curiously, reaching behind himself and grabbing the cylindrical container from before. "What goes into their preparation?"

As Prixlezub's claws latched around the top of the container, there was a low hum as the runes around the edge glowed brightly. Soon after a sharp hiss and a series of clicks emanated from within it as the lid was removed. Glowing white mist curled about the rim of it like steam in a pot of boiling water, the prince running a claw around the smooth, carved edge before placing it to his lips and tipping it back. Whatever was in it, Prixlezub sipped down gallons of the substance within seconds before placing it down by his side.

Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:34 am

Correction: it was fun, regardless if the entertainment went south for the evening. For all intensive purposes the monarch had manufactured that flask with Kev specifically in mind; how interesting it was, then, that the experience had not produced the predicted results. Zurg chalked it up to one of life's unforeseen curve balls. "I can't disagree with you there, Jo. However, try tickling me into submission next time. It won't be nearly as damaging." Except to his pride, maybe. Anyway! The monarch did crack a petite smile at the "Queen Bee" comment and he was otherwise back to 100% functionality. No permanent nerve damage here! Although Kev was probably experiencing some mighty fierce flashbacks of that disgusting mental image... Chalk that up to one of Zurg's unforeseen curve balls. "S'mores?" the monarch repeated, blinking. Well, that would make some feel better... Three out of five could not thoroughly enjoy Jo's idea!

"I guess I'll just... fetch the materials then," Zurg remarked. Preparing the treat shouldn't be too hard, even if he couldn't devour a lick. Getting back up to do just that, the monarch headed back near the hover bike and retrieved several small plastic bags. He also clutched another canteen beneath an arm, this container not as flashy as the first. "I have another drink to pass around but it's not distilled evil," he promised. It was something entirely better~! Now having returned to the camp proper, the monarch set everything down and started to unpack.

Let's see... A box of graham crackers - he shook the box once and placed it aside.

One bag of jumbo marshmallows - he grimaced at these and could practically taste the sugar via smell alone.

And several king-sized bars of chocolate! Mm, these looked particularly good, didn't they?

Everything accounted for and neatly arranged before him, Zurg crossed both arms and was ready for the next step. "Okay. Jo and Kev, hold up your sticks," he instructed. The monarch opened the marshmallow bag first, offering the wretched things to his companion first as she was closest. "Jo, I'm going to assume you already know how to make s'mores. Kev, follow Jo's example." Shouldn't be too difficult for either of them to accomplish, so the monarch let those two happily do their thing while he spied Prixlezub taking a few swigs of something. A glowing something, too. "Hmm... What's that you have there?" Zurg asked aloud, inquisitive. "Whatever it is, it looks fairly... mystical." What else was he supposed to call a glowing, wisp-ridden drink?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:10 am