Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Red and Green, What A Scene!

Post by Kev on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:04 am

At one point, then? Hmm...Prixlezub definitely used to be a more rambunctious and testy person. He remembered getting a bit of fire on his bruuka, for instance! Similar to Zurg, he had calmed down with time. Although Zurg was on a more neutral path now, Prixlezub still had his obvious moments of evil deeds, although they were more for reaffirming respect than having fun. "I think I agree with that! You've changed with time." Such was the ways of Portal Breach. And he was correct, the only one capable of removing the ring was whoever had done it in the first place. "I'm sorry about that, Prixlezub! That always seems to be the case. I hope its comfortable at least!" It actually sort of seemed like it might itch.

"How hard is it to create? Maybe I could help!" Although considering it was a drink made from life energy, maybe it was really hard. Couldn't be easy to harness and work with something like that, after all. They would see! Ah, he could see where Prixlezub would be confused! Most people did not notice that the gloves he wore were more than a fashion statement, but also operational machinery. With the press of a glove, an opening in the palms appeared and fire spewed out. He nodded and gave an almost wistful sigh.

"I wouldn't mind knowing how to make fire out of nothing though, or being able to control it. This is the closest I'll get to it, and it works!" Sadly, such elemental powers were beyond his kind. Although their telepathy could produce powers and abilities of their own, it was an entirely mental type of attack. To do something physical like fire, to create it on his own, that would be a truly interesting, and magnificent thing to do.

Kev wasn't entirely sure if it was Mituna or not either. For obvious reasons, the memories were quite foggy. "If they did, that was a really silly thing to do. If it was Mituna, he might have tripped and spread it through the air. Otherwise, just tossing it into people's noses seems to be the way it had been dispersed!" It was unlike the other drugs he had been exposed to, which were ingested simply by absorbing through the skin. Snorting it up, now that was different! And quite unpleasant. Kev nodded, and even chuckled a bit. "Oh yes, would you believe I was one of those? I had an awful habit of putting my foot into my 'mouth, as it were! Managed to annoy and anger quite a few in my time." And with that simple nod, they could set the subject of those poor broodlings to rest.

Ah, so tiers were the abilities of the Gods, which could be seen as power. The lowest abilities of the Gods and their tiers was immortality. Next came shaping land, creating life. The next few tiers were creating planets. The ninth tier lead the lower ones, with a power to wipe a universe clean if need be! Tenth could destroy rather than wipe it clean. As Prixlezub continued to explain though, the powers itself might dictate tier, but certainly not strength of power. Some might say that being a leader is stronger than even being able to destroy a universe, or create life. "A new row of teeth?" How odd...but an easy way to easily show who was which tier, if one proved courageous enough to peek into a God's mouth. "So the tiers that can create, do it by removing a tooth from their own mouth?" He wondered if that might make them more cautious about creating things. If he were to even have teeth, he wouldn't be keen on removing one anytime he wanted to create something. "They might have been! My people were uh...rather stubborn about those specific beliefs, so anyone who came who wasn't Kryptonistanian or Thermian was chased back off, or possibly...worse. It didn't happen often. And for a good reason."

Prixlezub took a moment to give his answer, likely thinking over his answer. In the meantime, Kev propped his head up with his fists, still quite attentive for when Prixlezub spoke again. So the three were in something of a tie. All had their advantages, and disadvantages, Prixlezub's kind had their technology as an asset, and their numbers were able to overtake them as well, although it was hard to use against the Aeronemnon, with their ability to fly and knowledge of such skies. They could likely swoop down whenever they felt like it, in a surprise attack. The Locomotogephor had a similar advantage in the ground, being great at tunneling and capable of setting traps. They could have all the technology they wanted, but if they didn't take the aerial attacks and underground traps into account, it might not be enough. Due to their standstill, it seems they made an agreement. "I see! Perhaps not the win you saw or thought you'd have, but it was probably better than having more people die for a useless cause. Did the peace continue on, or was it a bit of an...uneasy peace." Perhaps the kind of peace where the other side took any chance of weakness to try and dominate.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:53 pm

Changed with time indeed. So much in fact that the demon was happy with the time of consistency he had currently. There were no rivalries to uphold, all his strength had been gained and kept, and yet at the same time lost. However, the demon did notice he was not quite as arrogant in his planning as he was when he first arrived, and antagonizing the citizens? He hardly did much unless it was warranted, unlike before his absence when he would wantonly fight in the Sanctuary like his attacks actually did any damage in that neutral zone. To do so now was simply foolish, the building would regenerate in time, and no one really felt the effects of his attacks so long as the shields were there. Better to take his vendettas out of the city, where laws and neutrality could not reach. "I suppose I have, Kev. This place has a way of making people change, some more quickly than expected." He rumbled thoughtfully. Prixlezub gave an affirming hum at Kev's statement, though the demon could not help but give an amused puff at the alien's remark about its comfort. "I have grown used to it over the years, in the beginning the most noticeable quality about it was the weight. Though at the same time, I was very young when I first realized it was placed on me." There was no itching, no real pain. Just pressure and weight that faded with time and the prince's growing.

Kev, helping with the creation of Sr'nrighhn? The demon gave a ponderous hum as he replied. "I do not believe that would be wise. The process for making Sr'nrighhn is simple, but requires skill to brew the drink properly. If something were to go wrong in the process, I do not wish to risk you getting injured." Sadly, Kev was a tad too noodly and lacked a carmorph demon's abilities required for brewing a drink that contained distilled souls. Regardless, Kev's gloved were certainly quite interesting. He watched as the green alien demonstrated his hand-wear, taking notes as a holes opened up in the palm and fire jetted out in front of him. However, the prince could certainly sympathize with his wish, to be able to shoot fire from his own hands would be quite the feat. Although, there may be a way for him to find out a way... "I hear the library has plenty of books, perhaps there may be one that has such instructions to shoot fire from your hands without the gloves. The sort that is arcane energies wrapped to the will of the user." Prixlezub offered. There certainly were tomes like that on the Material Plane, especially in the wizard colleges and within the walls of grand castles belonging to powerful leaders. The ones Kev may find would not exactly be those of the material Plane, but the demon had a feeling there were probably some sort of instructional book he could look into. However, if Kev was content with his gloves, that certainly was fine as well.

Perhaps Mituna indeed tripped, the troll certainly had a strange way of getting around with his clumsy ways and all. "Maybe so, though one of the better questions to ask is where he had gotten such a potent drug in the first place? I do not think such a substance is the kind you can get legally." Prixlezub wondered, his lip quirking upwards slightly. "I wonder if it may be something from his home world." After all, if the demon had his own version of demonic booze, perhaps Mituna's dust was his kind's version of hallucinogenics. However, the thing that bth were certain on was that the children of Kev's world were quite amusing. Apparently the green alien managed to gain plenty of ire in his youth as well. "I could see you as such a child, with your penchant for conversation and from what you have informed me about your children, the only thing missing was perhaps a certain eloquence given what you describe." He surmised amusedly. In the demon's youth he certainly tired the patience of many elders as well.

"Yes, the third tier could quite literally create new animal life by planting their teeth into the ground of a planet and raising them with their power. However these abilities were limited by the amount of teeth in a deity's mouth, as once the teeth were used, they did not grow back. Due to this, they were usually quite careful with how many teeth they used on a planet at a time. Especially since there could be multiple tier three deities on one planet." He explained evenly. After all, if they used all their teeth on one planet, it would quickly become over crowded before the species could mix and create other new life. The demon gave a low hum as he continued. "The higher tier deities, like the sixth and seventh could pull teeth from their maws and create stars from them, though some preferred to create black holes instead." The deities certainly were an interesting bunch on their own, without all the drama that went on the individual planets themselves. Kev's planet seemed to be quite the eventful in their own right as well, with how Kev's people preferred to chase off visitors instead of greeting them. "I see, it is understandable I suppose with your people's history with other galactic races. Have your kind ever secretly held interest in the technology and boons of other races besides the Thermians? If there were people like the Quasarias and Thermians, there could have been much more advanced races out there." Prixlezub rumbled inquisitively. After all, the demon had witnessed firsthand some of Zurg's weaponry. If the demon had been more of a threat to the purple alien, he wondered what else the monarch would have pulled from his sleeves during their battles.

An uneasy peace was certainly a word for the ceasefire between the three different races. "Our ceasefire lasted for a short while, but often it was broken out of the actions of a few rogue members of each of the races, mine included." His tone turned a bit more embarrassed at that fact. " The instigators were often found and executed for disobedience and war crime, but that did not change the feelings of all sides regarding each other. As well, The Fallen would disguise themselves as my legions to start conflict and turn the blame towards me to further instigate another fight between the three races. Otherwise, the silence of peace may as well have been as tense as the times during war." He rumbled evenly. War certainly was not for those that were weak at heart with all the conflict that arose, even during peace.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:45 am

Oh Gods, he was preaching to the choir. In the span of a few months, Kev had realized the lessons of his people, the very word of the Elders, had been incorrect. Not all aliens were out to hurt them. Not all aliens were terrible, evil, untrustworthy creatures. He learned, he changed, he grew. He liked to think for the better, just as it was for the better that Prixlezub had since calmed down. "A change that hopefully wasn't too...hard, for you." Change was a present and constant thing, and the way to live and prosper on Portal Breach was to change as things were thrown at you. Good things, bad things, hurtful things, pleasant things. He supposed to made sense that he got used to the ring over time. It was the natural order of things, and as Prixlezub got bigger the weight was less noticeable. The muscles of his head and neck better carried it. "Was it always the same size?" The idea of a tiny Prixlezub with such a giant ring was amusing!

The demon hummed as he pondered, deciding that it might not be wise for Kev to assist. A little disappointing, but he understood. The skills needed to brew such a drink made of such choleric energy was likely something a novice couldn't enter into lightly. "I understand. Thank you for considering my safety!" Perhaps another drink could be more easily made between them! His brief demonstration made, Kev looked up at Prixlezub curiously. The possibility of such a thing...actually being plausible. "Arcane energies..." He averted his eyes to the ground for a moment, looking at his palms with a sense of wonder. "Do you think I could actually do that? With a book from the library?" Could he really be capable of it? Learn it? Who knows...

He chuckled, that was a good question indeed. "Maybe he happened upon it somewhere, or accidentally bought it, though who he'd buy it from, I have no idea." He didn't think Portal Breach had much of a history or problem with drugs. Though, if they did, he doubted it'd be out in the open like that.

"Maybe it was! I know they have...something. Some sort of...goo they usually sleep in. Gamzee consumed it to get high. Which is actually a good thing because he's apparently not the same sober as he is when he's high." Definitely an interesting situation there. Most times, someone was worse when high or drunk. Gamzee was worse when sober. Terribly worse, from what he had heard. He chuckled more deeply at Prixlezub's lack of surprise that he had been such a child. "Even here I have moments where I stick my foot in my mouth, so to speak, but I'm working on it. Trying to get that eloquence." At least he hadn't gotten to the point of dying for what he had said.

So for a third tier to create life, all they had to do was stick the tooth into the planet? Impressive. The Gods likely kept a connection with their creations, having created them in such a way, out of their own body parts. Particularly since they were limited in the amount of teeth they had. Once used, they didn't grow back. He couldn't blame them for being mindful of that when they made new life. "So it was definitely different from life on Earth, from what I've heard they had a great amount and variety of life." For Prixlezub's plane, there only seemed to be a handful of species. Creating stars and black holes from teeth... "That's a lot of teeth." He gave the skies a look, although he knew it was unlikely that the stars of Portal Breach had been made from any teeth.

"Understandable, but in retrospect I feel a bit...embarrassed that we were so...xenophobic and paranoid. Things could have been different." New alliances, new things to learn, new technologies. "Secretly, perhaps. I have heard a few that were curious, and I'll admit, I was curious too. My fear of the 'despicable' aliens usually squashed that down though. After all, they couldn't be as great as the Thermians if they couldn't be 'trusted', right? Or, that was how my people made it seem that is." He had no doubt that there were others out there, he had one seen an odd, intriguing alien that sometimes walked on four legs, with sharp quills protruding from its back and vivid scales, large claws. It had been an odd thing traveling with the Thermians traders for a bit, and it spoke primarily in hisses that he didn't understand. "I think, if it were really possible to go back, that's what I'd do. I'd go back and travel around my universe, see what I had been missing out on."

An uneasy peace indeed. "Unfortunately, you cannot always control the actions of everyone in your kind. I'm sorry to hear that there were some troubling rebels." When a shaky peace was established, it was best to not rip it apart, although it wasn't just Prixlezub's kind that had endangered it. The Fallen tossed their wrench into the gears as well, pretending to be under Prixlezub's orders in an attempt to get him into trouble. It seemed to not have worked. "At least no one died in the silence or peace!" That was a plus, yes? "Er, no one guilty of rebelling that is."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:54 pm

Too hard? The prince gave a low hum, certainly the trials that had gotten him to this point were few, though quite intense in their own right. If anything the demon learned more about his hubris than to be a little more calm. As for how he managed to achieve some degree of it though... "Hm, I would say it was moderately challenging to achieve. Mainly since I have been so used to the ways of my home, being in control of my environment. Now, I suppose that I have grown used to the ways of this place, though some aspects of it do seem to parallel with my old home." Fighting to establish dominance, strength and competence determining who was to be respected, or in some cases, culled. The prince's nose ring however was one aspect that was immune to such changes in environment. "It has always been the same size, yes. When I was but a broodling myself I had to devise ways to keep it from getting in the ay when I walked around, as the weight of it would throw me off balance." He mused, reminiscing over those old days. Tripping over his own tail, unable to get out of the way of his clumsy footsteps... And of course falling flat on his face when his attempts to keep the ring out of the way failed. " I tried sinew and hide strips from the native beasts in my youth. Though that usually ended up in a tangle later on during the day. The better efforts came from the claws of a smith who crafted a harness for me, after that I rarely fell over unless it was of my own clumsiness." Prixlezub chuckled over the memory for a moment, smoke pluming from his grill. Ah, how ridiculous the prince once was, so much had changed since then.

"Oh, but Kev, it would be irresponsible of me to let you into such a dangerous situation, especially with how unpredictable the drink can be outside of its natural environment." The demon replied, care lining his words. "If I were to let you fall into harms way, I may no longer have such an engaging conversation partner. I doubt either of us wishes for that." He added.  Though as for the arcane arts, that was something that was out of the prince's claws. The library must certainly have something on magic and its practice, though if Kev wished to get into it... "I believe there might be, you may have to go yourself and check. If you do find one, I suggest you make sure it is novice level for ease of use and your safety. If by then you decide that the arcane arts are for you, perhaps you may find a higher level book once you have practiced enough and gained confidence." Prixlezub advised evenly. Though as for whether the alien had the ability to pull it off... "I believe that you may be able to suceed if you put your mind to it. One day maybe you will become more effective with fire through the arcane than your gloves could ever be." Magic is certainly a fickle thing, but it never hurt to try it out and see if it suited yourself.

Speaking of learning new things... The alternians slept in goo? The same sort that Gamzee apparently ate? It certainly explained why the troll child was always so mellow, at least. Though it did make the demon prince wonder just how he was when sober if it was said that the child was worse without the goo to ingest. "How interesting. Did the others ever describe what they meant when Gamzee was worse when sober?" Prixlezub inquired curiously. So far it seemed that most of the alternians were disrespectful to others and downright insulting themselves, what could possibly be meant by worse? However, the demon's attention was quickly shifted back to the topic of placing feet in one's mouth. The demon prince gave  alow chuckle of his own. "I suppose we all have such moments at some point. However, I cannot help but find it inexcusable when it is allowed to keep rolling on long after the initial mistake even when corrected." Kev would not have to fear being pointed at for this, he at least knew his boundaries and kept them  once found. "You appear to be doing well so far with your eloquence I believe. You have not kept pushing an assumption after being corrected and I have yet to see you be outright disrespectful." A positive review if the prince could give one for speaking skills. If the alien truly wished to be, he could probably become a diplomat with enough practice.

As for the Material Plane, it certainly was much different than earth's universe. Though, the demon was beginning to wonder what was so special about that planet. He heard it mentioned by others and described by one other briefly... "I cannot say I have visited earth, though from what I have seen and heard here many people come from it. From what you mention, it seems like there are multiple tier three deities inhabiting it for there to be so much life. Yet, it has so many contradictions... It has magic  and at the same time does not. Castles held by kings and bustling centers like Portal City existing together. Perhaps it is due to a principle of timelines, but it still seems like a very conflicted and inconsistent place." He rumbled bemusedly. "Though even more I wonder why so many come from there instead of other places?" The prince had enver really seen much of the inhabitants of the material plane wandering around, and not a trace of many other planar beings like himself. What made that place of all the others so special to be the parent home of many citizens? Reagrdless of the matter, Prixlezub hsd to admit, Kev was right in saying there as certainly a lot of teeth involved. "There are many teeth because there are many dieties within nine of the tiers, the tenth is the only tier that houses only one supreme deity." multiple ones could inhabit one planet or galaxy if they chose. In fact, that usually was how their galaxies were formed. "Groups of deities often split off to their own parts of the universe to build and create new planets and forms, mainly to keep each other from feuding over limited space and creating a mess. It kept things tidy, but also made it a chore for the ninth tier to keep track of them all. In the process, the eighth tier deities decided to act as sub-managers as well as builders, going back to the ninth tier to help inform them." Prixlezub explained. It was a mouthful of information, but he was sure that the green alien would be able to chew it over easily enough.

Of course there would be regret about not being able to visit different planets, it was only natural for a species like Kev to think that after such a long period of isloation. What truly was out there? Were they friendly? Did they have cooler toys than the Thermians? Prixlezub gave a thoughtful hum, "Of course, after living with one distinct rule for so long without any other explanation than a beleif that all the other races were out to harm your planet, it is natural to question it after a time. Perhaps in a long enough span, your people may have gotten over their fears and decided to explore, maybe even gain new allies." He replied evenly. To go exploring though in te backyard of your universe... It certainly seemed like a plausible interest and cause. "Hm, that certainly does sound exciting. Traveling through space, exploring new worlds, new people." It reminded the demon of his own years of traveling, though he hardly used a space craft to go where he went. "I hear there are other planets besides this one in the gamma, perhaps you could find yourself a ship and explore around this universe." After all, this place was going to be getting as close to home as it could so long as their universes were destroyed.

"Yes, even with the enforcement of our laws through the talons of lower ranking officials, some still managed to slip through. However, those slip ups and the actions of the Fallen have lead to the breaking of multiple ceasefires and in the process the spark needed to fuel further conflicts and grudges between the three races when there needed to be unity." The demon explained, smoke pluming from his grill. " The Aeronemnon and Locomotogephor were patient only for so long, and their memories ran much deeper than their tolerance." The peace and silence usually was without casualties between the three, but The Fallen never truly rested, they still carried on even when many others had stopped to sleep on their victories. As for those guilty... "As I said before, those found guilty were subject to our system's punishments. The most effective being public execution to set an example to the other legions. With every one there were less who dared to try and break our laws and ordinances, but there were still some disobedient individuals who decided they could outwit our enforcements." The demon rumbled evenly It seemed even demons wished to rebel against their superiors, even if it meant a trip to the choppng block.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Moderately challenging was better than very challenging, especially since it was mostly because of culture clash rather than anything else. That was one of the most forthright, almost nerve wracking parts of Portal Breach is the culture clash. He himself managed to adapt quickly, but not everyone could. Even among those from Earth, there was a culture clash from the fact that Portal Breach was a mix, in some ways. Evil people found that there was less to do, as did the good. "That's good that there's some things that are similar to your home!" It made the changes easier to cope with!

Kev made a noise that was a mix between a chuckle and a coo. "Aaw!~ That sounds adorable!" Poor young Prixlezub! All clumsy and topsy turvy. He covered his face with his hands to muffle the chuckles, hoping he didn't insult his guest. "Good thing you got used to it, that wouldn't be nearly as adorable now!" It'd go from a tripping little demon broodling to a tripping large demon that accidentally wrecked buildings because of a certain weight on his nose. It seems Prixlezub's attempts to keep it in place when he was young were hide or sinew strips, perhaps to tie it onto his body and not allow it to 'flap' around. A specific harness that had been built had utilized the best results. "How long until you didn't have to use the harness anymore?" Perhaps his 'teenage' years?

Of course, a drink made from an energy that he was unfamiliar with and had no idea about had the potential to be very dangerous. He chuckled at Prixlezub's continued words. "I'm flattered that you appreciate my company that much! Thank you for considering my health like that." Kev's odd habit of making friends with some of the more dangerous members of Portal Breach showed no signs of stopping. Arius, Zurg, Kefka, and now Prixlezub. Still, a friend was a friend. The possibility of Kev being able to make fire without his gloves was being discussed, and Kev really liked the idea of it. Whether he had such a power, he was unsure. Still, he would not mind at least doing some research. "Start off easy and work my way up, got it!" He'd likely practice outside and away from the cottage. Whether he could do it or not he'd hate to accidentally burn something to the ground. Perhaps it would be a useless effort. Perhaps it was just a dream. Still, "It'll definitely give me something to do and to strive towards!" And that was a prize in and of itself.

Prixlezub became curious about just how bad Gamzee apparently became when he went without the goo. Thankfully, Kev had no such experience himself with it, though it sounded very terrible. "They did. They said he went on a killing spree against the other troll spawn. Probably because of his blood color, they have a hierarchy based on that, and one of the trolls he had killed was Nepeta who is lower." Sometimes when people put their feet in their mouth, they jammed it in there and made it hard to yank them back out. "Or when warned against it." He shrugged. "Sometimes, I guess it is just easier to avoid contact with someone like that." Then the possibility of being angered when they inevitably put their feet in their mouth again gets lower. Prixlezub was quite correct in that he did mostly well, though there was a slip up here and there sometimes. An assumption or two that had been mentioned jokingly that others did not find so funny. He did stop pushing such a thing when it was found to be insulting, however. "Unless I really hate someone, I try not to be disrespectful like that. When I do hate someone though, the gloves are off." Ridley could attest to that, or Gaara during the period that Kev hated him.

"I haven't visited it either, but you're right. The people here that came from it were who I heard from about it." People such as Zippy, Tally, Sonia, OV, and Carrie. He nodded along, yes there were many inconsistencies about Earth. Some spoke of it having magic, others didn't. "Maybe some of them come from different versions of Earth. For some reason it seems to be a popular planet." Maybe because of the species that called it home? And he brought up a good point, so many seemed to come from there! "The same reason a lot of trolls come from the same place I guess. A special kind of luck." Those that got to have more of their own kind were undoubtedly happier for it.

Many gods in the first nine tiers. "How many of them all in all?" Some of the gods even went into specific areas of space to create together. "Did they ever fight amongst themselves?" Such a system made it hard for nine tiers to keep up with, which meant the 8 tiers helped them out. "That's nice of them to do!" Helping out their fellow Gods like that. He nodded in agreement with Prixlezub. "Perhaps. If a new species had encountered us and beyond our expectations, proved themselves to be trustworthy, then I'm sure the belief would be crushed. That's how it happened to me, here." Sure, there were some people in Portal Breach who didn't mind going after others, but the majority were nice people. "I've heard of that too!" Leslie had gone into space once to explore the other planets after all! "I'd be interested in that, but I don't really know how to fly a spaceship..." His people hadn't gotten that far in their developments. He didn't even know how to drive! "Maybe one with uh...autopilot, or something." It'd be nice to fly around in space but he wouldn't want to go alone, and he'd have to make sure he let people know he was gone.

Hmm, a shame. The Fallen had succeeded somewhat in their efforts, as the hard worked peace had crumbled into grudges. "Did it ever get as bad as it had before, or was it less vicious after the ceasefire?" The usual punishment for the perpetrators was public execution as an example. "My people did something similar. We let the victim or those related to victims of a crime decide on a punishment and enact it in public. One of the rarer crimes among my kind, a male once forced a female into mating with him for pleasure. A mixture of physical force and telepathic force. They let the female decide on the punishment and she yanked his arms off. Females of my kind are 9 Earth Feet tall on average, with a strength and a temper to go with it." So one knew never to mess with a Kryptonistanian female.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:14 pm

Adorable? The prince gave an incredulous puff from his grill. Such a descriptive term was not exactly what crossed the demon's mind, he had seen that stage as more.. Pathetic, weak, vulnerable. "I am unsure that is the proper term, as many of my kin have never called  me adorable in my youth. Clumsy and a burden however would be more the case with them." The demon's brow furrowed a moment as he pondered the term over. "Is adorable synonymous with such terms? I have only heard it used in describing small, weak creatures, usually fledgling offspring." If that was the case then the demon could understand where Kev had the idea to call the prince's more youthful stages adorable. Prixlezub could hear Kev's chuckles even though muffled, but there would be no rumbles of irritation today. Was the prince weak and little in his youth? Yes.  If the alien were to call him the same thing at his current age however... The conversation may have turned quite different. "I required the harness until five centuries into my second millennium. By then I was strong enough to cope with the weight on my own." The demon rumbled thoughtfully. "In your terms I would be just getting into my sub-adult stage of development."

"Oh, but of course. What are friends for after all?" Prixlezub replied evenly. What good would it be to make a new friend if he were to let them get killed just moments later for a half-bakes idea? None, that was what good it would do. As for the alien's new curiosity in the arcane, the demon gave an agreeing nod. It was always pleasing to see someone decide to dip their toes into a new subject. Speaking of which, the demon himself was curious about how bad the alternian could become, and from what he heard... "Killing sprees? Hm, I would not be surprised if the others kept him high on the goo for that very reason." The demon did not remember much of the trolls, but Nepeta range a bell. She was the one who sometimes greeted him the Sanctuary a few times, but he never really spoke with her beyond that. "Interesting that the other trolls had not killed him off due to that risk alone. If he had been one of our kind, we would have done away with him to keep the risk of him murdering our own from occurring." He stated. Better to just remove the possibility from even developing instead of letting it stay and possibly germinate into something dangerous. The prince nodded, the demon had heard enough of the members warn the newer citizens about him when he was in the same room, and yet they still decided to try his patience. To avoid contact however, perhaps that was easier said than done when the one who rouses your wrath is also the one instigating the conversation. Funny how common sense just slips out the window when your conversation partner is more than thirty times bigger than you were, and all because you happened to be in a single building where no harm could be done.

Not and entire land, but a building. A brick and mortar box, basically. And yet people acted like they had all the power. Ghostring, Issun, Metal man, the Cybertronians, Koschei...

Oh how fun it was to snap that sense of false security like it were a twig beneath his foot. To make them realize that the tiger behind the bars they taunted was not so locked up as they thought. There was where the prince gave a pleased hum at Kev's statement. "Hmm, and it feels good, yes? To show them just how they dare to trifle with, to make your adversary stand rigid with horrific shock when they realize that the tables are not turned in their favor. Yes, I can sympathize with that."

"Maybe so... Given that people come from different time spans as well as worlds here, it would make sense that there could be multiple earths." The prince agreed. Though as for multiple creatures coming from the same places, the prince gave a low hum. "I suppose so, though it would be nice to see more of the species here that seem a bit sparse." Like, oh... Maybe some more creatures that are not so human. This place just seemed to be crawling with humans, or humans that are half of something, or gifted with great feats of power. Aliens like Kev and Zurg, or demons like the prince himself? They may as well be a species minority. Hell, even dragons were hard to find around here. Maybe in time there would be more to come, but that certainly was not the case right now.

Prixlezub gave a thoughtful rumble when asked about the deities once more. Indeed, how many were there in all... "I am not sure. There are hundreds of deities per galaxy alone, though there usually are two tier eights per sector, and one tier nine for each galaxy." As for fighting, however. "Oh yes, there were clashes between deities over space and which sectors belonged to whom. Such conflicts were what created black holes, wayward asteroids and comets. All the product of conflicts that destroyed stars and planets." The demon explained. "That was the reason why the tier eight deities decided to help in the first place, to keep such destructive fights in check." If not, perhaps the Material Plane would have been much more chaotic and destructive then productive. Much like how Kev's people would have been more interested in other planets if their suspicions had been trumped. As for flying a space ship and traveling to distant planets in this gamma however... "Perhaps you could take lessons. This place has plenty of different people,they may have many different types of space travel." The demon remembered when Lawrence piloted that hover tank on the way to destroy Mr. Dark, and another craft when he helped with Layla's demise. There had to be others like that somewhere.

Much like conflicts with tensity on both sides, once that trigger is pulled it tends to go off with a bang. "The wars have gotten as bad as they were before, yes. Though they had gotten worse at one point when we developed a weapon to use against the Aeronemnon and Locomotogephors. We called it H'ssnx, Mist in the basic tongue. we took the acid lakes and devised a way to make their potent corrosive abilities into a gas, and sent it into the clouds and down into the caves. The mist ate away quickly and painfully at the hides and insides of our enemies, many times to the point where scouts would report fields of fallen Aeronemnon with their innards exposed and eaten away to the bone in places." The demon explained evenly. "However, the mist traveled with the winds, and festered down in the caves where wind could not reach. To keep ourselves from becoming prey to our own weaponry, we developed armor to protect ourselves and our young were moved to more secure areas, as the mists took a long while before they finally dissipated from our plane." A simple means of warfare at best compared to the types of weaponry here, but it certainly go the job done. Though, as Kev explained his own people's means of public punishment, a small grin spread on his face. Well, it seemed the two of them were not so different after all. "Ah yes, our kind had issues with such crimes as well, though not very often. Our species had the tendency to slaughter those who tried to commit the act of mating without proving themselves first. The perpetrators who try to get away with it however... They tend to find themselves at the claws and fangs of their legion." The females of Kev's people however, they certainly seemed intriguing. "Interesting type of dimorphism. With such size and strength, I presume they were the more dominant gender of your race?" The demon inquired.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:51 pm

Ooh boy, Prixlezub let out a good puff at that one! He stifled and kept the chuckles down, hoping not to have offended him. Referring to a demon as cute might be seen as insulting after all! Indeed, it seems demon parents were not likely to refer to broodlings as 'cute' or 'adorable'. In fact, burden was more likely a description for the poor young Prixlezub! "Aaw..." Poor young Prixlezub. He considered the demon's inquiry and thought it over. "Well, basic isn't my first language, but its definitely synonymous with clumsy! Sometimes...it seems to depend. If the clumsiness is well-intentioned or harms no one, its seen as endearing. The way I've seen it used and that I use it for, is usually smaller creatures that behave in a manner that just...makes you want to hug them and laugh because they're adorable~! And the idea of a smaller you stumbling around is kinda cute! How large are broodlings of your kind, Prixlezub?" Probably as big as himself! Five centuries into his second millennium, he no longer needed that harness? "That's a lot of years..." That was the 'sub-adult' level, so basically his teenage years. The legendary transition from child to adult. "I see! I bet you were happy to finally have it taken off."

It was a silly type of joy but joy nonetheless that he felt when Prixlezub used the word 'friend'. It brought a layer of confirmation to their relationship. Kev wasn't some leech nipping at Prixlezub's side and annoying him with his presence, he was actually seen as a friend! They had themselves a mutual relationship growing. "I suppose you are correct~!" It was certainly surprising for him to hear that the mellow and sweet troll could be so murderous, even more so since that seemed to be the troll's true nature without the intoxicating goo. "I wouldn't be surprised if they did." It'd be silly of them to allow him to wander around the breach sober, killing all of them. For their own safety, they probably made sure he got his daily dose of slime. "They might not have known he'd be like that until he stopped eating the goo and thus went on the spree. As for why they still keep him around here, apparently the Gamzee here hadn't gone on the spree yet. And some of the trolls here were from before it too, so maybe since they hadn't seen it firsthand, they didn't want to do it." Their timeline could get a little...confusing. "My people would have gotten rid of him too." At the hands of his victims of course.

He listened to Prixlezub's next words, almost entranced. Yes, it'd be nice to turn the tables on people, make a select few pay for what they had ever done to him. However... "Yes, that would feel nice. However, things don't seem to work out that way for me, usually. When I was infected with Phazon, I fought with Gaara, thinking it'd make me stronger. He was a harder opponent then I anticipated though and I had to forfeit. As fun as it would be to turn the tables, I think it'd be me who gets the tables turned onto them." If only he were a little bigger. Kev nodded in agreement with Prixlezub. "Yeah...I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss some Kryptonistanian company. It'd get a little complicated in my case though..." Sex changes and repopulation of the species...yes in a sense it was better for him to remain the only Kryptonistanian. "But I'd like to see more of some other species! Like Zurg, or maybe some of the faes from Leslie's world!" There was a lot in this place to see, and he wouldn't mind seeing more and more people that were different or unique.

Tulsit, hundreds per galaxy! Though the tier 8s and 9s were limited in amount, the rest is seemed did not have such a barrier on them. "The number of Gods for my universe was unknown as well, as it was meant to be." There were so many species unaccounted for, it'd be impossible to know for sure how many Gods there were for each specie. And the fights amongst the Gods had more of an impact than he thought! Creating black holes, comets, and asteroids. "Sounds like their tempers are dangerous!" Not the type of Gods you'd want to get smited by. "The tier 8s must carry a lot of influence if two of them can handle all of those conflicts between them in every sector. And I may look into that, then!" Spaceship lessons, that would be interesting!

And so the peace in Prixlezub's world had been shattered. "That's unfortunate." But at least temporary peace is better than no peace! Oh, but the wars seemed to get worse with a weapon they had created, a mist made from the acid lakes. They sent it into the clouds and into the caves, where it would come into contact with the Aeronemnon and Locomotogephors. Contact with it was swift and likely painful, though at one point Prixlezub's kind ran the risk of being killed by their own creation. "Were all of your kind alright, or did you lose a few?" They had to have made some very useful armor! He watched the grin grow on Prixlezub's mouth, chuckling a bit. Not so different indeed. "Such a terrible crime, yes?" One that never went without a punishment, either from authorities or from the victim. At Prixlezub's observation, Kev let out a burst of laughter before nodding. "Yes, they actually were! I never thought much of it except that in most cases here, it seems it was the males who were dominant." A wee bit of sexual dimorphism changes things.

Last edited by Kev on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Clumsiness, well-intentioned, incapable of harm... Prixlezub pondered over Kev's descriptions, finding them rather interesting. If Kev had seen him in such a state early on, would have have been seen as huggable and small? "I see." Came the prince's thoughtful reply. So Kev's kind were much more welcoming of unbalanced and clumsy youths? Compared to his kind, that detail seemed a bit, well, backwards. "Our kind tended to take the broodlings at an early age and placed them in training camps. There they learned to be more agile and quick instead of stumbling around. By the time many of them reach their third millennium, they were disciplined and nearly ready to be placed into squads. However, they always were placed into junior squads, practicing drilling and their lessons until they reached maturity, only then could they be placed into a Legion's squad." He explained evenly. Ah, but Kev was also curious about how large their broodlings were? The prince gave a thoughtful rumble, tapping a claw to the ground before answering. "Our broodlings ranged between five to eight feet in height, depending on the build. The lighter built demons were usually the smaller ones, and the heaviest of builds usually were in the eight foot range, give or take a few inches." Even in their youth, demons were huge creatures.

Prixlezub gave a small chuckle at Kev's observation, shaking the surrounding loose earth. "Ah yes, the harness itself kept the ring from getting in the way, but also had a way of making my movement a bit limited." The prince may as well have been born a wind up toy while wearing that thing. Though as for Kev's statement regarding how long it took before the prince finally had it off, well, the prince's kind tended to age quite slowly. Though that was probably evident enough.

Perhaps the trolls were oblivious to Gamzee's issues when sober until he had finally ran out of the goo he liked to eat, and maybe they might have known about it all along but kept it secret in case it could be useful. Who knew with those strange children. Though he could not help but find a detail interesting about Kev's statement. "You said earlier that Nepeta was killed by him, and she was brought here as well as him. The one who had known Nepeta had been killed off by him surely must not have been ignorant to Gamzee's mannerisms, so why would they allow him to still be around despite knowing that fact?" He mused, a plume of smoke curling slowly from his grill. "Hmm, if I did not know better, I would wonder if the person who had told you he had killed someone before may have been keeping Gamzee around for a reason." After all, if the troll turned into a reckless murder machine when sober, imagine the power one could hold just through keeping that above the heads of the other trolls. After all, was power not worth more than the risk to attain it?

Did the prince's words sound delicious to you Kev? Were they not tempting to think on? The edges of the demon's maw turned upwards in a small grin as he heard the alien agree, but alas the alien was not as new to the idea as the prince thought. "I see your point. This phazon however, it sounds like an inferior method of gaining power from what you describe. Earlier you mentioned that it destroyed more than helped, perhaps during your belief you were growing stronger, it only was making you weaker instead." He rumbled, pondering the information Kev placed before him. "Something more stable could have given you that edge you so desire." Perhaps a power armor or advanced weaponry beyond that of his flamethrower gloves. he demon gave a small hum at Kev's mention of complications regarding more of his kind, though now he finally learned the name of his people. Kryptonistanian, the name was a mouthful but it rolled off the tongue.

"The tempers of the gods from the Material Plane were quite dangerous yes, but they were easily quelled in the might of a tier eight deity. Deities of such a high tier were massive creatures, easily larger than many of the planets the lower tiers produced. Nebula drifted through their fingers like steam, and suns were but glowing jewels for them to admire in their many eyes. Their presence alone was intimidating enough to keep the others in line if needed be, though if they required a show of force, a tier eight could snuff out the life of a lesser deity and their half of the galaxy." Prixlezub stated collectedly. If the tier eight deities were so massive, the demon could only imagine how large a tier nine deity could be, considering their destructive abilities were impressive as well. It made the antics of the carmorph demons seem like child's play in comparison. Speaking of which!

"Those who were away during the release of the Mist were sadly caught as it traveled through the plane. They were too far away to send messengers, and when ones did arrive, they were too late." The only thing they would be greeted by were the half corroded bodies of those they were supposed to send the message to. "However, the acidic demons seemed to be immune to the effects." More than likely due to their elemental makeup than anything else. Kev's laughter regarding the topic of sexual dimorphism among his kind pulled the prince away from that memory. So, he was right about that as well. "Interesting how things can be so interchangeable depending where you travel, hm?" He rumbled idly. Just a simple change of a few traits, and one gender could be much stronger or bigger than the other.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Kev's kind were actually more accepting of obedient, respectful spawn and otherwise didn't pay much mind to them. Kev's behavior of finding clumsy and endearing spawn adorable was honestly somewhat learned from his experiences in Portal Breach and with the media in the library. Cute animals, cute spawn, it was hard to ignore! He focused back on Prixlezub, noting the similarities once again. "Much like how our spawn were raised in nurseries. It was almost like they were raised by the community rather than any one person." The nurseries were not nearly so military, but it still sounded quite familiar. "Ours was just a home and environment for the spawn to learn what they needed to in order to live a healthy life. Your camps sound more...concrete. With a specific conclusion in mind. Better soldiers and fighters." At least they hadn't been sent straight to the front lines, being kept back to practice until they were mature and ready. Kev chuckled slightly. "So they were definitely taller than me." Between 5 and 8 feet tall, yowza! They were bigger than most people! "Oh that reminds me, I meant to ask! Do you kind give live birth, or do you lay eggs?" The curiousity couldn't leave him alone, and Kev looked up at Prixlezub's mighty horns in thought. Of course, at the time of birth they were likely smaller and maybe even not formed, but the idea of something with those leaving another's body sounded...painful.

Limited movement thanks to that harness? Well that wasn't good. "Where was it, on you?" He unconscious gestured at his own neck in thought, it seemed like the most appropriate area for a harness to keep something on his nose still. It could get in the way of his arms, like that. Eating might even get harder too. "Could you take it off or was it something you had to leave on all the time?" That had to be inconvenient if he had to leave it on all the time.

He shrugged helplessly. "I guess they figured as long as they made sure he didn't run out of that goo, they thought they'd be safe and everything would be fine. I've actually wondered if he's still here...I haven't seen him in months but I haven't heard anything about him leaving either. Maybe they just keep him at the Hive." It was hard to understand the trolls sometimes, and that wasn't even getting into the quadrants! Keeping Gamzee around for a reason? "What kind of reason?" That sounded...dubious. Could they have an ulterior reason for keeping the homicidal troll around? He preferred not to think so, but you never know.

They were not just delicious, the words of the demon were tempting. Like looking at a turkey leg, piping hot and warm and delicious to smell, but unable to be eaten, for obvious reasons. They seemed unattainable, yet at the same time so much so. He wanted to hurt Ridley til he admitted that Kev was the stronger one. To smack him into the ground and make him hurt! Maybe...maybe one day. He nodded. "The strength of the Phazon was an illusion. I became stronger, and gained talons, but at the same time it was killing me, making me insane. It was...just a poison." It was regrettable. He would have preferred to have relived that month and keep from ever getting infected. "Something more stable, yes...maybe an armor, or that fire magic we were talking about. Nothing like the Phazon though." There was no way he could trust something that mutated people after that.

So the gods definitely had tempers, but their tempers shrank in the shadow of the tier 8s. They could fight amongst themselves all they wanted but once the tier 8s made their appearance, the squabbling likely stopped. Like kids found in the middle of breaking something and fighting over it. "Wow...impressive." A large God, for certain...larger than planets, dwarfing the sun, oh yes! Kev would not screw with a being of that size. "Did they ever have to do that? Wipe out a lesser deity and their galaxy? Or was it just a threat that was possible?" Considering a God's power, they could definitely make well on that threat.

He winced sympathetically as Prixlezub relayed the unfortunate news, that some who were not informed in time had died. "That's terrible..." Oh, but the acidic ones were immune? Interesting! "I imagine you used that to your advantage!" It was one that no one else had, after all! Perhaps they were the messengers too. He nodded in agreement to Prixlezub's rumble, tilting his head to the side. "What were females of your kind like?" He had met Layla, true, but Layla hardly represented every female car demon, just as Prixlezub didn't represent every male.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Nurseries, community raised.. Kev's people seemed like a mirror of the demon's own kind when it came to their child rearing, though perhaps on an opposite polarity. Though the alien's next inquiry certainly brought a small amused rumble from the prince. "We are born live, usually in groups of three or four." He replied. Such a strange question to ask, though certainly one that held curiosity. Prixlezub inwardly wondered if the alien gave birth as well or if they laid eggs, or maybe they were like plants and gave off seedlings that later sprouted into little Kevs. Ah, but that could be asked another time.

As for the harness, the demon gave a thoughtful hum. It had been quite a long time since that harness was removed and even longer since it had been placed on him... "I remember there was plating and supports around my neck, which connected to a harness that went over my chest and down to my hips. There the smith had placed containers that held counterweights. The whole thing secured with a ring that went around the base of my tail." Prixlezub explained, tapping a claw to the dusty ground. "I remember it was made to be adjustable as I grew, but it still made my neck hard to move regardless." So basically, no, the demon was not allowed to remove the harness. It was a sad existence, but required if the prince did not want to topple over.

"Think, Kev." He began, the prince's tail curling beside him. "Imagine you have many different people that require control, but have no fear towards yourself yet no respect either. Now imagine that you come across Gamzee, fully knowledgeable about what he is capable of, as do many others. However, now that he lives with you, his intake of goo is completely dependent on you if you so decide." The prince explained, a gleam in his eye as he leaned a little closer to the alien. "Now, Kev... As the leader of the trolls, what have you gained through keeping this one potential time-bomb alive instead of killing them off?" It was not so hard to find the answer Kev. All you have to do is put that little green head of yours to work. The demon prince brought his head away from Kev, sitting back to his usual posture.

Phazon was indeed one hell of a drug, but nothing compared to the absolute power of a deity from the Material Plane. "At times they did, yes. Though it was so far and few between that usually it was just seen as a looming threat, often passed down through the ranks to keep everyone in line." He replied evenly. The demon nodded as Kev went on to the topic of the acidic type demons. "That they were, so much that they were usually sent out to retrieve bodies from the Mist if needed be before the armor was developed. All types were require to wear it as a precaution, especially in places were it was in a great concentration." Even the acidic types were not so impervious as they thought themselves, or so the prince believed. As for the females of the prince's kind...

"The females of our kind were just as strong and able as the males. We did not have much in the ways of sexual dimorphism besides scent, and sometimes the sound of one's voice." Prixlezub replied thoughtfully. Unlike some of the alien's previous inquiries, this one had no issue in terms of time. "As for their personalities, they varied, though they all could be quite ferocious and merciless when need be." All genders received the same training after all. It could be considered cultural for a demon no matter what gender or age to be vicious towards their enemies.

The demon's brow furrowed slightly, his gaze turning towards the sky instead of his friend for a moment. "How long do you believe we have been speaking? From what I can see from the light it looks like it could be around five..." Although with the way the sky was so overcast and cloudy this time of year, it could be noon and look like early evening. Either way, it felt like they had been out here for a long while, he did not wish to keep the alien from anything important.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:09 pm

Three or four? Wow...he had noticed that most mammals gave birth like that too, dogs, cats, rabbits, but humans mostly carried one, multiples being a bit more rare, and none he had ever seen. "I bet that saves a lot of time, being able to have three or four at once like that! Though it also sounds like it'd be painful." A she-demon already had to go through the carrying part of the spawn, now she had to spit out more than one at a time! She-demon's were obviously very hardy things, but he imagined that had to get tug on her patience.

At the demon's hum, Kev looked back up at Prixlezub. From what he said, it sounded like his harness was basically all over his body. "No wonder it was hard to walk in..." Plates on his neck, the harness went from his chest to his hips, counterweights on his hips and a ring around his tail. It almost sounded like clunky armor! It could adjust as he grew but it seemed it was made to be on him at all times. Taking it off and putting it back on would probably take a long time anyway. "Sounds like when you got to finally get it off, it was a blessing." He counted himself lucky that he never needed anything like that.

Prixlezub wrote:"Think, Kev."

Kev blinked at the soft command, head tilting as he looked up at the demon. Indeed, having Gamzee as something of a failsafe was quite possible...and keeping him in line was completely dependent on feeding him goo. Karkat was the leader of the trolls, and he likely handled that. He even said that before, he and the murderous Gamzee were moirails and that meant he kept him calm or something! If he had some enemies...Karkat did have something at his disposal. Still, Kev looked back at the demon uncertainly. "You would have gained a secret weapon. But I don't know...Karkat seemed pretty skittish about Gamzee and what he had done when he talked about it. Plus, Gamzee is moirails with Sam, I think. If Karkat ever tried to get rid of Gamzee, she'd probably keep it from happening." And she could be very stubborn. "Still, what you said does make a lot of sense too." Who doesn't like having a little something to give them an edge?

The Gods of Prixlezub's world were frightening ones indeed. It was nice to know that the times that they had to wipe out a deity and his galaxy were few and far between, but still quite intimidating. Imagine, living in a world like that and wondering if the deity of your world would one day screw up and cause your death? The Gods of Kev's world were more disinterested, busy with their own things, though bad things still happened from their displeasure, as did good from their pleasure. Nothing had ever been said about a power to wipe galaxies though. "I imagine that created a lot of respect for the Gods that could do that. Or at least the sense to know not to anger them and make them do that. Appreciation for that power, even!" And gratitude for not being absolutely obliterated. As for acidic types, they were indeed put to good use, although armor was still worn just in case. "What did you do with the bodies once they obtained them?" They might have buried them or they might have studied them to see how they could keep the mist from affecting them in the same way.

Female demons sounded not that unlike the males, different only really in scent and voice. He had noticed that Layla was smaller than Prixlezub, but perhaps that was because of their different elements, Layla being acidic and Prixlezub obviously being fire. Their personalities seemed not to differ much either, being just as varied as a male's. "Aah, I see!~" It was nice to hear about a species were neither male nor female were seen as the stronger.

The demon's gaze turned upward, as did Kev's, trying to riddle out what he could possibly be seeing. "5 o'clock you mean?" He couldn't really tell from the looks of the sun or the light, but if Prixlezub could, he wouldn't doubt him. "In that case I'd say we've been talking for a few hours. 2 or 3, maybe! Why, are you about ready to leave?" If he was, Kev would not be insulted. They had talked a long, good while and discovered things about each other. That was the purpose of this meeting, after all.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Swift, yes. Painful on the other hand...At times it could certainly be so. Especially when the broodlings decided they were too ambitious to wait until it was time to be born. "It could be, as some of our spawn would eat their siblings before deciding to chew their way out of their mother." He added evenly. "Of course, that tended to be rare unless such births were common to that demon's genetic line." Luckily for the mother they could simply eat something and regenerate the lost tissue.

Prixlezub nodded at Kev's statement, to be relieved of that ridiculous brace was quite a blessing indeed. Though the demon was more interested in the alien's deduction skills for the moment. Old histories could wait for now. Oh, but this was interesting, so Samara was... Moirails with the troll child. He doubted that the mechanical femme would do anything terrible with the child, but Karkat on the other hand, he was not so sure. Getting close to a wendigo who controlled a sub-par organization and from what the demon remembered from a certain informant quite dangerous and petty. Prixlezub said nothing, instead giving an appreciative hum to the alien as he continued. It was always nice to learn something new from a friend.

As for the question about what they did with the bodies however, the demon puffed a cloud of smoke from his grill, thinking it over. Indeed, what did they do with the bodies once they were brought back? Hmm... "I believe we took what identification we could and gave them to their respective legions, afterwards, we planted them in mass graves." Usually those graves being massive acid pits. Better to have the remains destroyed then to be dug up and desecrated by some honorless enemy. It seemed Kev appreciated such a different route of dimorphism besides one gender being stronger or bigger than another. Although that seemed only natural since other sapient races the alien had come across here seemed to have each gender quite obvious to tell the two apart. For the prince's race, they could not afford such different designs when both genders needed to perform just as well as the other to win a war.

With such similarities, perhaps it was for the best that only two demons managed to make it to Portal Breach. Imagine what destruction an entire legion could accomplish!

Prixlezub had grown familiar with plotting the sun for quite a while Kev, perhaps one day he could teach you the simple intricacies of such an art. Though the alien was correct in figuring that it may be time for the demon to leave. "I am afraid I must take my leave, yes. You are quite a pleasant host, Kev, I thank you for your company this afternoon." He rumbled contently. "Perhaps another day we can talk some more, maybe when the weather is not so dreary and cold." The demon indicated to the snowy landscape with a glance, a small gust disturbing a drift of snow farther off.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:40 am

Kev fixed the demon with a wide eyed look of surprise. The babies ate the other babies?! And then began to chew their way out of their mother?! And he thought that movie with the alien baby crawling out of the chest was bad! "O-oh. That's...certainly...interesting. And painful." Oh thank the Gods that was rare. He was beginning to fear for the safety of the she-demons from Prixlezub's realm! Poor things went through the trouble to carry the babies only to die painfully as it ate its way out of her...again, great thing that that was rare. "I'm glad that's not a common problem!"

The appreciative hum and nod were returned with a similar trill and a nod. It was indeed nice to know new things, and quite fun to analyze and debate things. To speak deeply about things for a time was enjoyable, an action he sometimes missed! As for what was done with the bodies, they identified them to the best of their abilities before handing them over to their 'legions' and buried them in mass graves. He gave a nod, appreciating that Prixlezub's kind had done that. Kev's people had thought that leaving the body unburied kept the soul latched to the world of the living, a purgatory that very few deserved. "Its a shame that things were so hard for your people." An even bigger shame to be killed by a weapon they had designed themselves. That was irony for you!

Kev chuckled at the demon, waving a hand in an almost bashful manner. "And you are a pleasing guest! Your company was most welcome today, and I thank you for your time spent with me, Prixlezub. Its definitely opened my eyes on a few things." It was quite fun to learn new things, after all. He looked to the snow as indicated, making a little look of indignation at the white powdery stuff before nodding to Prixlezub. "I would appreciate that." He stood up onto his feet and joined his hands together, giving the demon a slight bow. "Anytime you'd like to come by, I would like to see you some more~!" Especially with his now indefinite leave from the Sanctuary.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:14 pm

From the way Kev was looking at the demon, it seemed that he may not have told the alien everything. "Do not fret, Kev. They will not die from the broodling's escape efforts, we are much more hardy than that." He rumbled reassuringly. "So long as she has access to fresh meat, her wounds will heal quickly." Just as the prince could regenerate from his wounds, so too could the rest of his species.

Indeed, things could be quite hard for the prince's kind, but so too could it be for anyone else. After all, had not Kev's people suffered at the hands of those who invaded his planet? Prixlezub gave a low hum, nodding slightly as he got to his feet. "Thank you, Kev. I am pleased to hear that you have found my company pleasant and insightful." He replied evenly, giving a respectful tip of his head. "Farewell, Kev. Another day I shall come to you and speak more."

Steam hissed and rolled up from beneath the prince's feet as he turned to lumber away, keeping to the road. Behind him, the only signs of his presence was a patch of slowly cooling molten glass from where he had sat just moments ago, and a ring of dried dirt and grass that stretched a few feet from that. It had certainly been an enlightening day indeed, as the prince disappeared down the road, leaving a trail of bald earth in his footsteps.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:22 pm