Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Re: Red and Green, What A Scene!

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Adapt his way out of being killed? Everyone here could do that through participating in a trial. Ah, but alas the words were those of an alien who would much rather the dragon had left entirely instead of managing to stay around. Prixlezub stayed silent, better to let the topic pass instead. Though, if it was not space dragons causing distress, it was the way the citizens themselves acted towards each other. Or in this case, how they acted in the face of disasters. "It does seem to happen often, but each time it does we stamp out whatever causes it swiftly, no?" The prince rumbled, smoke curling from his maw. "The more we become attuned to it, the faster we take in fixing the problem. We become more adept in our problem solving abilities." In short, they gained experience from all the hard encounters they lived through. And if people died and homes were destroyed? They usually returned from the pool of souls and their homes would refresh. If not, it was but one more loss they would have to live through, and they would rebuild. As for how the alien described families...

"Perhaps it is not the family that does not work, but the people within them. In order for people to stay together, there needs to be a will and a commitment. Two people will not stick together if they do no wish to, or if they do not work well for each other. Family is a mutual relationship, that is why Zurg and Jo are still together, as is Overcast and Swindle, and Leo and Alex. They respect each other and work for the good of their family. The Phantom family never had that, neither did Terra, Thomas, and the trolls." If anything it seemed the troll children walked all over the older two. "It is not just loving and caring, no, there needs to be that respect and willingness to help each other." He explained evenly. Perhaps if the prince had done what he had said Layla would not have- No, the demon quickly pushed that thought aside. What happened to her was inevitable the moment she returned the first time to the living. This was not the place to linger on past regrets. Prixlezub gave a small sigh, smoke puffing from his grill and curling into the winter air.

The demon gave a small nod in agreement, change was a necessary, but unsure thing. If one had the will and way, they could become an example of greatness, or they could spiral into oblivion. Though it was nice to see that Kev understood the demon's own change to stay out of the Sanctuary. Even better that he was able to provide the demon with information. Speaking of that, it seemed the alien was due for a small taste of carmorph demon biology. "I can indeed hear and smell my adversaries just fine, in fact I can track them for tens of miles on scent alone if I choose. If they decide to hide from me, I can hear their frightened breathing a mile away." He remarked evenly. "Though as for stepping on people accidentally... I would not worry about it, Kev. I am not so clumsy as to trod on those I can so clearly smell and hear, unless it is warranted." He was perfectly capable of defeating Hellboy while his eyes were gone, perhaps twice if the demon came alone when he arrested Prixlezub that one time. but even then, the police chief did not escape without getting impaled on the demon's horns. To blind another in a fight though, the demon shook his head. "I do not sink so low as to blind my opponents. I prefer they see their death instead of hiding from it in the darkness." He explained. After all, how much better would the prince be if he  decided to use such tactics. When he wished to kill, he killed, not torment and hinder the opponent until useless. When he wished to torture however... Well, you could use your imagination.

Prepared the demon for just about everything? Prixlezub would have said that was a slight overstatement. After all, upon arriving here the demon had no real knowledge of advanced technology. Zurg's weaponry came as quite the surprise, he thought. Especially the orbital laser canon. As for challenging people in the Sanctuary, the demon prince had no qualms with letting others start squabbles among themselves for a short while. Let them get used to that false security of their words never leading up to anything serious or meaningful. All the better for if anyone decided to be foolish enough to go after the prince on their own in the future. "Yes, I'm sure the citizens will enjoy participating in spars that are just as inconsequential as a fight to the death. The only difference is that one warrants a few days of rest in the hospital, while the other makes you learn during a week of rest in the pool." He rumbled soberly. Either way, they all returned, and usually just as stupid as they were before the fight started. However, the demon could give them some credit, they learned to go bother others instead of himself. While death was temporary, apparently it hurt one's pride more than losing and being allowed to live.

Prixlezub nodded as Kev asked a little more about how the demon's species survived. "That is indeed true, Kev. Ore is what keeps our hide and bones healthy, and the life energy of other living beings like animals is what keeps us sustained." He affirmed, though as for there being trees in the Plane of Mechanical Hellfire..."Trees were unecessary, even if they were around many of us would have burned them down to prevent our enemies from hiding within them." Besides, what use were trees in an environment that would have destroyed wood like it were dust? The alien asked about the elemental dispositions once more, mainly about if there were more than what the prince had mentioned. "Those are the only three, Kev. As those are the dominant elements on our plane."The weapons on the other hand... Well, the alien was right in that the other demon races could not use them, that was for sure. "I suppose they were, though I would not be surprised if they were trying to reverse engineer the weapons, perhaps to make their own without needing our abilities. They've wanted to be on par with our abilities for a long time, trying to find an advantage."That was a chilling thought at one time, though here... They could get whatever weaponry they so desired, and the prince would still be able to come out ahead if he wished. Lasers, armor, swords, guns, orbital laser canons; the possibilities were endless.

Last edited by Prixlezub on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:13 pm

Kev nodded. "Indeed. Sometimes it feels like people've come right out of the woodworks just to conquer the disasters, then go back to their own business!" Prixlezub had last been involved in the Mr. Dark fiasco, since he had been out of the picture and presumably asleep for quite a while, and the circus was rather short. One day, some of the kids and trolls were someone else, then the next day, they were back to normal. The same could be said for Ra Moon. And then there was that odd thing where apparently they all forgot about people...or something...? "Do you think you'll get involved in the next disaster that befalls Portal Breach?" Oh yes, he had no doubt that their experiences helped them. Like muscles being worked out, Kev felt himself get stronger after every disaster. And whenever they had to find something, be it from an Augur or by avoiding monsters in a mall, it got easier each time. "Adaption is so important to living here. I guess that's another reason why we have those disasters all the time. If they never happened, we'd get pretty stagnant, lazy, and probably bored." Although some of the things that happened, he could still live without. 

Hmm, that made sense. After all, as nice as it sounds, love alone does not make a family. Love doesn't pay the bills, love doesn't comfort a partner during a hard time, and love doesn't keep you tethered and faithful to another. Commitment, loyalty, there was more to it than that. And love needed to be about more than looks, or because you happened to have made a baby, as he suspected Anna and Phantom to be. "You're right...and parenthood is more than just loving and caring too. There's respect and discipline. At least those families have found that balance, and I hope they will keep it." Prixlezub's sigh drew a curious look from the mouthless alien, and he wondered if maybe the talk of family made him sad. Did he have a family back in his world? Or maybe it was Layla, who was gone now. Either way, Kev let the subject drop for now.

"Ooh~ Impressive! How much scent do you need to be able to do that, will just a little bit like a hair or a bit of blood suffice?" And his hearing was great as well! "Blinding you is definitely worthless then. If anything it might give your opponent a false sense of satisfaction in themselves before they get easily killed." Kev's own sense of smell was pretty good, but not that good. And Prixlezub had the sense of balance to not accidentally stumble on someone. "It sounds like it'd be challenging to walk without your eyes, although like you said, you're used to it now. You also have the advantage of being quadrupedal. If I were blinded and leaned forward too much without realizing it, I'd probably fall over." Prixlezub himself would not blind an opponent, although it was because he'd rather let his opponent see his death. "That makes sense. I'd only blind someone myself if I really hated them and wanted them to suffer. But your reasoning makes sense too!" Although Kev himself wasn't much of a killer, he could respect Prixlezub's abilities and decisions to, so long as it was fair or deserved.

"There will always be spars to spar in and fights to die in." He said with a slight shrug. Before Prixlezub, there was Dr. Doom. There would likely be someone after him. Speaking of the Doctor, where was he? Had he left too, or was he just keeping to himself? Prixlezub went on to explain more about his biology, listening eagerly. 

"And ore is...rock, right?" Didn't sound very appetizing. It kept his bones and hide healthy though, likely what lead to their strength and hardiness. The life energy of animals were what kept him sustained too, so that explained one of the main reasons Prixlezub had to hunt. To be specific, the life energy from store-bought meat was likely long gone. Freshly killed deer or cow though? "What does life energy taste like?"

He nodded to show he understood when Prixlezub clarified that trees were unnecessary for his plane of existence. The trees wouldn't have lasted long in such a harsh environment, nor with demons who had elemental chaos. They'd either be electrified, burned, or melted by acid. "Right, fire from the massive heat, electricity from the lightning storms, and acid from the acid lakes?" How curious! So they could only get elemental powers from the elements around them. "Do you know how that ability started? Did you always have that or did it develop over time?" And the main reason for the other species of demons taking Prixlezub's kind's weapons were to reverse engineer from them. He wasn't entirely familiar with how they would go about that, but it made sense. "I see! I guess they weren't very good at it?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:45 am

Quite so, people arrived, they conquered, and inevitably returned to their lives. Such was the way of this strange world. Though if Kev were to think that the demon prince was gone for such a long while, he would be mistaken. The incident with Mr. Dark happened two years ago, while the prince... He had only been gone for one year. Although, with the way time passed in this place, it was not something so surprising or damning for the alien. Though, when the green person wished to know if the demon would come around to aid in helping whatever had befallen the gamma in the future, it was something to consider. Prixlezub was silent for a few moments, should he go and help the others in their constant battling to keep the planet and everyone else alive? Was he really such an important force? Alas, "We shall see, Kev. The newer generations seem to do well enough on their own without my help." He rumbled evenly. The newer citizens seemed well enough on their own defending the gamma, to have the prince get involved was something that felt a bit like overkill than anything truly necessary. His presence may as well be an insult to injury, kicking one while they are down as it were. Ah, but the prince digressed. "However, if they do require my assistance I will arrive then. Otherwise there is no need." Though, in regards to the citizens getting bored if there was not an event for them to participate in... The demon could not help but disagree.

"I do not believe that people would grow dull and lazy, Kev. Even in times of peace there are rivalries, vengeance, plans to be carried out. Though we may not see them all unfolding before us, they are still indeed there." The demon countered, smoke curling from his grill idly. This place invited all types of people, for all over. Neutral, Good, Evil... They all mixed, mingled and in some cases devoured each other. Though when it came to mixing it sometimes turned out as Kev described, creating more to fill the gamma whether they be mortal, immortal, or hybrids. "Indeed they have. If they lose that balance it would indeed be a shame, but nothing that would be unknown to this place. People are fickle creatures, Kev. If something is off just the right way may shun their other and leave instead of trying to help the one they so proudly declare to love." The demon stated soberly. It was a sad fact of life, but a fact it was. It was then that the demon noticed Kev's curious look, mainly regarding his soot filled sigh. The demon was not exactly saddened by the talk of family, but more... remorseful. There was much that the demon could have achieved, but alas it slipped through his hellish claws and burned. To leave it in the past was wise, the demon no longer needed to think back on what could have been.

Instead, Kev turned to something a bit easier for the prince to think on. "I do not need much to go on Kev, so long as it can be tracked." That certainly was proven in one of the demon's earlier fights. To blind the prince though was something that could indeed be described as false satisfaction. The demon could still hear and smell his opponents just fine regardless of having his sight or not. As for having no eyes being challenging though, Prixlezub gave a low hum before speaking. "Depending on your ability, it can be. It is a matter of knowing your environment and the ability to locate what you want." If one had the senses the prince had, it was not so hard. Kev on the other hand or a human would have much more trouble registering their surroundings on scent and hearing alone unless they lived with it. It seemed that the alien shared Prixlezub's reasoning somewhat regarding the act of blinding as well. He gave a small, courteous nod to the alien at his agreement. "I would like to think I do in my old age." He rumbled warmly.

Spars and fighting, the demon could agree that they would go on as any other activity here. It was only natural for young upstarts to prove their merit in the stadium, and of those not so young to settle their scores. The topic changed back to the demon once more, Kev interested in the prince's diet. He was certainly close in his ideas, but not quite there. "Ore is metal, Kev. It can be found in the ground as with any rock, and it can be found in rock as well. The difference is that the essential nutrients it carries are more concentrated than they are in any stone." He explained, tapping a claw to the ground to further show his point. The alien's next question however was something the demon found curious. Taste? "We do not have the means to taste food, we can smell out our food, see it and hear it, but we cannot taste. However, we feel the effects of the energy we consume as... noticeable, like we feel more eager to keep going. In concentrated amounts we can acquire a small emotional high." The prince remarked, choosing his words carefully. He never really had to describe what the energy felt like before when he ingested it. As for the elements... The alien was close in some regard, but off on one detail.

"Fire from the magma that burns in the mountains and beneath the sands, otherwise you are correct." He rumbled evenly. Though, the demon had to stop and ponder when Kev asked how that all came to be. What was right to tell, what was not? Kev earned what could be considered a thoughtful stare from the large prince before he continued. "It has been there for as long as we remember, even older than the form I have before you. I cannot say where it comes from exactly." There were some things that were best kept hidden, and in turn, safe. Perhaps later on the alien would learn, and perhaps not. However, the alien certainly was able to learn about the other two races all he liked. "They indeed were not, as they lacked the ability to discharge the energy and make it their own. All they managed to scrap together were armor and weapons that would not fit their bodies. However, at one time they did make an allegiance with some who were native to our home plane, creatures we called the Sss'rrgll. They were hunched, reptilian looking beings that wore plating forged from stone and metal. Their kind had the ability to manipulate the energies on that plane to their whim. However, for their knowledge they were not very civilized in the matters of diplomacy and bargaining." He rumbled, thinking back on the strange neighbors of his empire. "Their abilities required blood from the ones they bargained with, mainly of a belief they required sacrifices to work. As for what they called it themselves, I believe it was Frrsenesckt. The translation roughly means Pact of Cycles in your tongue. To get what they wished, they needed to destroy an equal or more than equal amount to repay who they borrowed power from. The other two demons wished to destroy us, but the blood required to destroy every one of us required too many of their kind to repay. As well, the Sss'rrgll were superstitious folk, believing in powerful deities and gods. The Locomotogephor and Aeronemnon would have none of that as well as the loss of a great portion of their kind." Some sacrifices were just too large in the scope of things, it seemed. And much too ridiculous.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Prixlezub seemed hesitant to hop into battle, and he couldn't blame him. After all, hadn't he stayed out of some of the more recent disasters and events as of late? Sometimes it was nice to just take a break, and as Prixlezub said, the newer citizens seemed to do a good job too. Sometimes. "I understand! I suppose we would most need your help if something like Alpha or the Phazon Crisis happens, where the entire Breach is affected rather than just a little area."

And as for those times where no disasters happened, Prixlezub was correct in that they weren't entirely empty. Rivalries festered, a fuel for revenge for some, and some intense planning. Perhaps because Kev was seldom involved, he had forgotten such things happened. "That's true...and probably for the best that they remain in the dark. If they were in the light, they'd get stopped after all, or at least cease to be a surprise." He was thankful to not have many enemies either. "That was an oversight on my part then! You're right, even without the world ending every once in a while, people find ways to keep themselves busy." He was content to keep to himself.

Indeed, by now it was not unknown for relationships to grow sour, or end. "Sometimes, I guess its just better for people to not get romantically involved with anyone. In those other cases though, OV and Swindle, and Jo and Zurg, they've been through enough together that they probably won't leave each other so easily. Not everyone is like them though, unfortunately..." The only thing one could do was be happy for those who remained together and happy, and be aware of those who didn't get to be that way. Prixlezub seemed to notice Kev's curiosity, although he didn't offer up any information or sad declarations, which was probably for the better. Prixlezub wasn't that kind of demon. He'd rather not upset the demon, so he didn't mention anything else and instead switched to the next topic.

"I see." Made sense, especially with nostrils that large. They were likely very sensitive to different scents and smells. Plus, the car demon was likely hard wired to be a good predator, from the tip of his blade-like tail to the ends of his large horns. If he had terrible senses, it didn't matter what his biological make-up was like, he'd be at a disadvantage. "You must be a good fighter then, blinded or no. Of course, that's kinda obvious." He chuckled. He winked at the car demon. "I hear old age makes one wiser.~"

Aah, so ore is a metal, not a rock! It could still be found in rocks and in the ground as well. "Aah, so I guess you have to spend some time digging around in the ground to find the ore, huh?" He gave Prixlezub's tapping claw a contemplative look. Likely good for digging, as well as other things. The metal carried specific nutrients that life energy just couldn't supply. "You can't taste?" That was something Kev hadn't been expecting, he thought that every creature with a mouth had some sort of 'taste'! Although, he tilted his head and narrowed his eyes as he looked at Prixlezub's mouth. "Then again, I guess you don't really have much of a tongue..." Although there wasn't much of a taste, there was still a definite feeling that eating energy evoked in Prixlezub and his kind. "An emotional high?" He chuckled, wondering if Prixlezub meant that as it had sounded. "It sounds like eating life energy is a fun experience."

Aah, so the fire was more from the magma then anything else! The other two elements however, he was correct on. How interesting, to gain elements from one's environment. It made him wonder what it would be like if every other species were like that, how useful it was. He considered the demon's thoughtful look as he answered. So they had likely always been like that? "I see. I was curious, wondering if maybe in some way, your kind had established some...connection with your environment perhaps to gain those abilities. I guess its like how I can't really explain how my kind came to be how we were." There were some theories and ideas, but in the end that was all they were. "Which elemental chaos would you consider the most common one for your kind to acquire?"

Hmm, so the weapons and shields were definitely useless to them. They couldn't fit, they couldn't produce a specific energy needed to activate it completely. However, they had an alliance that Prixlezub's own kind didn't seem to have. The word Prixlezub used was completely foreign to Kev. He could only blink up at him, slightly impressed at the word. Hunched reptiles that wore stone platings, able to manipulate the energy in the planes. But you don't get something for nothing, the Locomotogephor and Aeronemnon were expected to sacrifice their own kind for their blood to fuel the abilities of their mysterious allies. Another foreign word was used for it, translating out to Pact of Cycles. "I see, so as much as they hated you, they wanted their own survival much more than the hefty chance to defeat you. Your kind really had a great advantage to them then!" He couldn't help but be curious at the Locomotogephor and Aeronemnon's lack of tolerance for the reptiles superstitious beliefs. "Did they not have any Gods or were they just different from the Sss'rrgll Gods?" He tried to repeat Prixlezub's pronunciation to the best of his abilities.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Sometimes were better than none of the time at least. However, were the older citizens not the same way when they first arrived here? Later on they would get wiser as well and be on par with the older citizens. That is if they decided to stay so long. Prixlezub gave a small nod at Kev's statement. "Yes, those times I may have gotten involved, but the rest I have no reason to participate in. They have not much of an effect on me." He rumbled evenly. The people certainly kept to themselves and their affairs after the events had passed, and it was only natural. People tended to have their own wills that dictated their actions, their plans. Even if a majority of them were backed by the simpler and instinctual goals. Safety, wealth, revenge, power, companionship... The demon had seen plenty of them through generations both in and outside of this gamma. For Kev, he already had his goals fulfilled it seemed. At least until the next world shaking crisis passed through. "Like a multitude of many buzzing insects..." The demon rumbled idly. The alien's final input regarding relationships was met with a small, affirming nod. Some were meant for love, and others simply were not.

The demon's abilities certainly did aid the prince in being the fighter he was, but it was not everything. Prixlezub allowed a small plume to roll from his maw as he spoke. "I was stronger back home. Here, even with my experiences I feel there is something holding me back." He admitted ponderously. "My blade itself is large enough to easily cut down at least five grown men in one swing, and yet when I aim to cut down one here... It can end up being a simple flesh wound even if they are not wearing armor." The fight with Blade, he had attempted to lop off the boy's leg, and yet it ended up being a small cut that left a blood trail. Then the fight with Koschei... The prince swore he brought the blade down upon the Time Lord's shoulder, but alas only his hand was severed. A strange place this was indeed. He brought his attention back to Kev's remark about age and wisdom, bringing a small chortle from the prince. "It can, but not always. I have seen many old fools in my time, and others who seem to have wisdom beyond their years."

"Digging, yes. Other times I would venture into the caves here to locate what the miners have missed." He remarked evenly. It was not rare that the demon would stumble upon an old tunnel and find a few good veins to dig out. Even better when the prince found a virgin cave all to himself, lined with good ores for the picking. "However, my digging days have passed since my first year in this gamma. Many of the metals that can be manufactured are much stronger than those provided by the planet."  Teryllium, Cybertronian armor... They certainly packed more defense than Iron or Steel. Though the former the prince still had not managed to sink his teeth into. At least not yet. As for taste, the demon reaffirmed Kev's surprise. "We have no use for taste regarding our food. Everything we need to decide whether something is edible for us is through sight and smell. Animals with proper amounts of life energy will have a noticeable glow to them, and different ores have their own scents to us." Even if the demon's kind needed taste to be wary of poisons and disease food could contain, they would burn up upon contact with their innards anyway. Though as for the demon's description of how life energy tasted, the corners of his mouth twisted slightly. "I would not say 'fun', persay... But ingesting enough in concentrated amounts can make our kind feel high spirited at times, though all the same they can become overconfident and violent. To describe the effects of it in your tongue is a slight challenge." He clarified slowly, choosing his words.

"Your curiosity is warranted, I suppose. Not many here know much of my kind to the point where I may as well be an enigma. Though I suppose that is the same with many others as well, so long as no one expresses interest in them. Alas, I cannot answer your question all the same." Prixlezub replied. Sorry Kev, but some stories were best left untold for now. However, the prince certainly could speak a little more about other things. "I would say that Fire and Acid are the more common types, though we do not acquire them but are born into our elements." He explained. "Which element you have on birth however is often determined by the type the parents have.  Two acid types will create an acidic broodling, and two fire types will create a fiery broodling. However, if an acidic type and a fire type mix, the offspring is left up to chance. They may be of fire or acid, or they may be doomed to being born barren of element." The demon's tone darkened upon speaking the name of the barren element. Though if the alien wished to know further he could if he was able to stomach it.

Advantage? Perhaps, but it was not the only one that kept the prince's race from being wiped out by such a primitive species. Kev's attempt at trying to pronounce the prince's harsh language was admirable at best, but not close to what the demon had said. His language sounded like a myriad of hisses and growls with a rumbling undertone. Kev would find it hard to make sense of so long as he was unable to hear the lower tones. Though whether the two other demonic races disliked the Sss'rrgll gods  or had gods of their own, the prince shook his head slightly. "The Locomotogephor and Aeronemnon had already seen their god and rejected him. They wished for no more theological stupidity to get in the way of their strategy. As well, the Sss'rrgll were quite, how should I say, zealous about their beliefs, they wished to convert the others to their religion. Forcibly if needed be. The Aeronemnon and Locomotogephor would sooner slay the Sss'rrgll's entire race before they gave praise and sacrifice to a primitive deity like theirs." He explained evenly, shifting his weight on the dusty ground around him. "Though I believe that the two races also had another disagreement regarding the terms. For the Sss'rrgll also desired extra quantities of blood from the two demonic races, as their race saw it as a potent ingredient for their rituals. Once turned down by the Aeronemnon and Locomotogephor, some of them took more underhanded means to get what they wished. During the negotiations some of their numbers began to disappear, usually the young since they were weaker than the adults. At first they were assumed to have wandered off and become lost, until they began to be slaughtered in their nests and caves, very few that were bold enough to kill right in front of the parents were caught and the entire thing was dropped in favor of an exterminatus. Of course, after that the Sss'rrgll were never seen or heard of again, both the Aeronemnon and Locomotogephor made sure of that." The prince gave a thoughtful hum as he finished, almost sounding amused at the whole outcome of the attempted team up of the three different forces. Though in a way, it actually was quite amusing in the scope of things.

Quite a strange turn of events, was it not?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:25 am

He nodded in agreement, again, he could not blame the demon much for staying out of the lesser disasters. With their smaller scale, they usually needed less people anyway. Too many people at the circus probably would have gotten out of hand. Sometimes people just didn't want to or could join some sort of disaster, which was fine. "I understand. I guess we will just see with time~!" Indeed, like a group of insects. Once one task was done, another was found that one could work on. And there was nothing wrong with keeping oneself busy. Even if it might be...less than savory sometimes.

Of course, he was stronger back in his place. This place stunted one's power although Prixlezub was definitely up there in power. So actually, to hear that he was not as powerful as he was back home was pretty interesting! Before he could ask for an example, Prixlezub went on to explain. His knife-tail was rather large, and he could believe that one strike could split 5 people in half. And yet here, it was just a flesh wound? "That is a big difference..." With how powerful Prixlezub was, how could that be? Did he still have some strength yet to gain? Or was it just chance? "Do you think you'll get anymore powerful, over time?" He chuckled along with Prixlezub, nodding in agreement. "Very true! I guess it just depends on the person."

Oh, ore was in the caves too then? "That's handy." Prixlezub probably found some nice, large caves to prowl around in and find his ore. Oh, but apparently he didn't dig anymore, not since his first year of being here! "Manufactured, like in the city?" Now he had the mental image of Prixlezub gnawing on buildings. Perhaps even cars? That too was comical, although he remembered the metal bodies of Metal Man, Deadsilver, and Hot Shot and came up with another idea for how he got his ore. Prixlezub spoke again, and he could understand. After all, that was why taste was there for the humans and others, right? So that they could taste the difference between a poisonous food and something nonpoisonous. Prixlezub could tell with his other sense, plus its hard to poison animals or ore, most likely. At least not in a sneaky way that they wouldn't realize. High-spirited, violent, overconfident..."Sort of like bloodlust, maybe?" He shrugged, that was the closest he could think of. 

He nodded. "That seems to be the case with most people of different species here." Being an enigma that is. Prixlezub didn't speak to most people, and most people didn't speak to him, so he was likely more of an enigma than most. "That's alright! You've answered as much as you are able to." Not everybody knew everything about their own kind, after all. Even amongst themselves, there were mysteries. Prixlezub's ways were the norm for him, so he likely wouldn't have questioned why he had fire elemental chaos. Fire and acid were most common, also the only two he had ever seen. He almost wanted to see what a demon of electrical elemental chaos was like. "Born with it then? I see!" He instantly wondered if a hybrid of elemental chaos was possible, when Prixlezub just about answered it for him. The chaos of the parents decided on the child's chaos, which made sense. Fire made fire, acid made acid. A mixture did not produce some fire-acid hybrid. They either had one, or actually...none. The way Prixlezub mentioned a broodling having neither made him blink and look up at Prixlezub. That sounded as if it was...bad. What was it like? Was it a bad fate for one to have? The poor broodling was probably weaker...

Whoa whoa whoa, wait. "They saw their God and rejected him? They could do that?" To do such a thing seemed unthinkable. Unattainable. How? How could they do that? It seems they just simply had no more time for the idea of a 'God', even when they saw him. They had outgrown their God. And the reptiles were zealous with their ideas, which only brought to mind a certain priest group. "Ooooh..." Even if he had to align himself with the Priests of Anderson to fight against some enemy, he would not take their bible thumping for very long. 

So between the demands for blood that they could not waste, and the lessons of and about their Gods, it was making more and more sense why the Locomotogephor and Aeronemnon severed that alliance. But oh, it did not end there. They just got sneakier about obtaining that blood, especially without permission. "The young...? That's just...not right." Now that was underhanded alright. The demons went without knowing for a while, but once they did find out? "I can't blame them for that. To attack and steal spawn like that, they should have known better." You don't attack the broodlings of powerful demons and expect to get away with it.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Time did tell nearly everything after all, even in this place. The events with the Circus  did not necessarily require the prince's aid, as he had no children or any interest in helping the ones that were being imprisoned. Their squabble was nothing that kept the prince's interest. Prixlezub gave a small nod to the green alien in agreement, he may join in on something later on if he so chose to. However, whether the demon would get stronger or not later on was something else entirely. "I have killed since my return, and yet I do not feel any improvement from the time I had awoken to now. Perhaps this place holds me back further than I realize... Though at the same time, I am able to strike adversaries through with my horns as well. Perhaps it is simply chance." The demon mused, though something did not seem right about not being able to sever a limb when his tail alone could knock down a building. Especially when his adversary had no armor during the fight. "I do not believe I will be able to get stronger unless this place allows me to. Perhaps later on it may happen, and maybe it will not." He rumbled simply, smoke curling from his grill.

As for ores, the prince nodded. "Yes, I visited a shop that dealt in various wares, including ores. The kind I purchased managed to give me a boost against some of the more advanced weaponry. Lasers and the like." Better to keep on top of the competition than settle for sub-par materials, especially if one's adversary was able to punch holes through your natural armor. The demon never really was one to keep an obvious weakness around if he could help it. While at one time he did eat cars and other city vehicles, their metals were not strong enough to stand up to the weaponry in this gamma. Unless of course, they happened to be the transforming kind of vehicles. Their ores on the other hand were perfect, easy to attain and healthy for his hide. At least until something better came his way.

"Hmm, our kind sees bloodlust as something fueled more by a murderous intent, perhaps overwhelming rage of vengeance. One of our kind under the effects of what you call bloodlust would be capable of great destruction that could wipe out legions. What I described would be seen more as perhaps hmm... Rowdy." Prixlezub explained, perhaps he would have been better off just using that word instead of splitting it into other terms. Ah, but that was the nature of conversation at times, instead of having a challenge picking what to say it was how to say it. Sort of like how others were selective about what they said about themselves, he figured. The prince gave a small hum of agreement to Kev, there were plenty who did not speak of themselves often, though at the same time they certainly did like to talk when one asked. Prixlezub on the other hand, he was content to keep himself exclusive to those he trusted with information. Often it meant that the demon was the only one who knew about himself, and that was most preferred in the scope of things.

It seemed that Kev had his questions answered about the elemental chaos, though he looked curious regarding the barren types of demons. The prince went on, "You see, when a demon is born with neither element, they are unable to function properly. They cannot breathe fire or acid, and in the process, their digestive and respiration systems cannot function as well. They are unable to intake life energy and the nutrients that ores give, and their blood cannot carry oxygen. In one of your weeks, they tend to die from suffocation, though the parent usually gives them the merciful route of a quick death long before that can occur." Prixlezub explained before raising a claw. "However, there is an opposite to this as well. When a fire and acid demon mate, their offspring has a rare chance of being an electrical demon. Aside from two electrical type demons mating, this is the only way to acquire one." He set his claw back on the ground as he finished. The demon prince gave a small chuckle as Kev seemed so surprised that one could simply reject a god.

"Indeed they had, Kev. The Aeronemnon and Locomotogephor at one time were fine with their creator, but they quickly left them as they did not agree with their plans for them. The god wished to use them in a war against another deity, wherein the Aeronemnon and Locomotogephor told them that it would be a foolish fight. However, the god decided that if the two would not join willingly, they would be forced to fight. So, the two races each took to the skies and the earth and left the god be, vowing to wage war against them if they tried to force the two races into their regime. In time the god was banished, and they remained." Prixlezub rumbled evenly. Outgrown? Perhaps so, but not all deities were the kind or benevolent type. The way the Sss'rrgll went about their religion was evidence of that enough, and apparently was quite harrowing to the green alien as well. Prixlezub gave Kev a small nod, "They certainly learned of their folly quickly enough. However, I doubt they were able to kill them all entirely. While the tribe that slighted them was wiped from the face of our plane, there are probably many more lurking around farther caves and mountains."

The Plane of Mechanical Hellfire was a vast place, certainly they would not just be concentrated to one spot if they were around long before the other demons came around.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:27 am

It helped, too, that the circus was over and defeated before it really began. Sure, the children had been acting weird, but once Thomas and the others had left to go and fight, they came back not long after, and the children were all normal again. Had the circus been around for longer, he probably would have offered up some help too. "You haven't?" Hmm...usually when one got into fights, they kept getting their strength again and again. Of course, there's a limit to everyone's strength, so maybe that was where Prixlezub was? Not quite his original strength, but still a strength all the same. Prixlezub still noted some improvement, such as the strength in his large set of horns. 

"It might be chance. I've punched out a demon or two, and with some help from a mysterious warrior, finished off an AI with our combined strength. And yet as you can see, I'm not the strongest person around." He flexed his arms, covered by clothing though they may be. "I even killed someone once, just by swinging and punching..." He looked at his fist almost contemplatively. "And yet still I can find myself trying to punch and hurt someone as best as I can, and failing spectacularly. Chance can be very odd here, can't it?" Horns are more effective than a large knife on a tail, fists are capable of killing people. It was an odd circumstance they were in, but that was Portal Breach. "Are you mostly content, with the strength you have now, or do you hope that one day you'll be even stronger?" That was a large difference between the two of them, was that Prixlezub had been such a strong adversary, a strong demon in his home world. Kev was...more average. Pretty good with the mental powers he had, strong enough to survive, and live, and lift the weight he had to. But to the point he was now, here? No. To have the strength he sometimes had here, he still wasn't used to it sometimes. Prixlezub though, was used to even more strength.

A shop that sold wares such as ores? Although again, he reminded himself that ore was metal, not a rock. "Oh? Which shop?" Likely a very good one if it could give him such a boost! The strong nutrients in the ore he had purchased must have allowed him to withstand damage from a laser like that. 

He rubbed his chin thoughtfully, Prixlezub was right. Bloodlust was usually supposed to be a 'murderous intent' thing rather than just a random KILL KILL KILL thing, although you never knew sometimes with some people or creatures! Bloodlust was strong, powerful, fueled by anger and revenge, not 'Mmm this energy tastes great I wanna do stuff!'. "You're right, rowdy seems to fit more. Perhaps even hyper active!" Both of which also worked well with Prixlezub's first mention of it, a 'high'. The hum of agreement was a nice noise to hear, and Kev noted to himself that Prixlezub sometimes preferred to communicate with a noise rather than inane words. Perhaps that was why he and the Sanctuary didn't mix. Kev brought his knees up against and laid his arms on them, looking up at Prixlezub, waiting to hear more of the story.

Most curious of all was that the elemental chaos was apparently integral to a demon's digestive and respiratory system! It was something that seemed obvious after the fact but before so, was surprising. That explain why Prixlezub's mouth was firey and hot, and it made sense. Elemental chaos was a part of the demon, not just something they could spit out or have as a mane like Prixlezub. It was a part of them. And for a broodling to not have an elemental chaos, basically meant they were going on without an important feature of their anatomy. "Oh...I'm so sorry to hear about that..." Well, there was a good reason for Layla and Prixlezub not ending up together right? Riiight...and to have to kill one's child, to keep them from a long suffering death... "That must have been very hard to do." On one hand, merciful death. On the other, killing your own broodling. Neither option was easy. 

He blinked at the raised claw, eyes raising to watch it as well. So no hybrids, definitely, but...acid and fire could make electrical, sometimes! "How interesting! Does that ever happen between an acid and electrical, that it makes a fire? Or are the eletrical types the only one to be made like that?" Perhaps there was some underlying thing in both the fire and acid that, when applied right, could result in an electrical demon.

Kev's surprise seemed to make Prixlezub chuckle, and Kev chuckled back, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. But oh, it seems there was more to this story than just becoming bored with their God. Use the Aeronemnon and Locomotogephor against another Deity? "The Gods of your world sound more productive than the ones of mine..." Never had he imagined Gods fighting amongst each other, let alone using the people they lorded over to do it. The God tried to force them to fight, and thus they escaped into the skies and underground. "How interesting..." Explained they they dwelled there too, even after the God was banished. They had likely gotten used to their new worlds, and maybe even preferred it! "Your world sounds so interesting, I wish I could have seen it, even though I likely wouldn't have lasted long." With the blistering heat and lack of water? He'd be dead very quickly.

Oh yes, it only took one slaughter to teach a specie anything. It only took the Quasarians attacking to 'teach' his own people of the evils of other species. And it seems the group of reptilians responsible was not the whole of the species. They paid their price, the rest likely kept going about their business. A few of the tribe might have even escaped, it was certainly possible. "Did the rest of them prove to be an issue or a problem, or did they just keep to themselves?"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:21 am

Punched out demons and killed people with his own fist. "Hm, that is quite interesting. It seems chance does indeed play a large role when you put it like that." Prixlezub rumbled thoughtfully. There was Kev, an alien much smaller than he, and yet he had such power at his disposal despite how flimsy his limbs were. Yet there were other times when the alien was unable to damage someone at all even with the strength he displayed at other times. The prince gave a small rumble at Kev's question. Was he indeed content with the strength he had currently? Prixlezub stayed silent for a few moments, he certainly had plenty to control at one time here after having accomplished ridding himself of his nose ring. For that short time the demon could summon many servants, shape the land to his choosing... And yet he still felt held back. "Hmm... I would have to say that I feel content, and yet not at the same time. If this place allows me more stretching room for my abilities, I would gladly accept. Though at the same time, I would have no reason to use the excess. My natural abilities are just fine unto themselves when I go to battle, to have anything more would seem like a simple bragging right instead of anything truly... Practical." Sure, back when the demon was king and able to shape the world to his choosing he could bring forth many mountains and volcanoes, valleys, canyons... To do so would only be for his own pleasure, as he no longer had an empire to manage and keep in check. Besides, even now he was kept in check as they were speaking. "Even if I were to gain more power as well, I would still have a limit. This ring on my grill, it is not just a nice decoration, but a restraint. It holds back my potential, keeps me chained to a certain amount of strength. While this place could allow me to grow, I may not be able to meet it while I wear this." He explained. Perhaps he was better off at this current tier anyway, given the success he had with two restraints upon them. As well, he had not the interest to remove the first so soon after just regaining it.

Not after certain events.

As for the shop, it was inevitable Kev would ask about it. The demon gave a small puff of smoke from his grill, what harm was there in telling the alien about a place everyone knew about? "If you have been to Swindle's shop you may already know where I have gone. Among his usual wares he sells other more uncommon things as well, including the stronger metals he uses for making armor. Instead of commissioning a piece from him, I decided it would be better if I ordered in the metal he used." He stated evenly. The metals were expensive, but well worth the price in defense. However, the free option was always quite tantalizing, even if it did tend to be fast and furious food. Though given how more of the cybertronians were immigrating to the gamma, he would not have to worry too much about any of them growing scarce. Prixlezub gave Kev a small nod. "Yes, hyperactive is a word to describe it as well. Though to get to that, they need to ingest a highly concentrated dose of life energy. It is impossible to find on its own, so we had distilled it and turned the life energy into what we call Sr’nrighhn." The demon pondered for a moment, "Do your kind have any sort of substance that gives them something similar? I've known many mortal creatures to be partial to some sort of recreational substance. Usually it is some sort of mixture that comes from a plant or animal." The alien never really went into what his kind enjoyed, and the prince doubted that they got a high off simply absorbing sunlight. Perhaps they took in concentrated sunlight like his kind ingested concentrated life energy?

When it came to the broodlings and their fates, the alien seemed a bit saddened at the thought. "Do not worry Kev, it was a common occurrence back home. I would not have shared it if I felt I would not have the composure to speak of it. However, our kind did not really mourn of their lost children when they were born Barren. They saw such an oddity as a demon too weak to live and therefore unfit to serve the legions, to kill them was not only mercy, but a service to the rest. They would do the same to a broodling with an element if it was clear that they were lame or deficient in some area. All of our kind were raised around war and death, and prepared to both take lives and have their own lives taken in time. To root out those too weak for that lifestyle was only natural." The demon rumbled evenly, perhaps coldly given his lack of remorse on the subject. However, that was the life of the demon's species; unforgiving and harsh, especially to those unable to fend for themselves. Prixlezub gave a low rumble as the topic changed back to the electrical types, mainly if they could make a fire type if they mated with an acid type. "I do not believe they can. They would be able to have acidic offspring surely, but for fire they would have to mate with a fire type demon. However, it is also seen that their trait for creating electrical offspring is only strong if two electrical types were to mate, otherwise their trait is just as recessive as it was when their fire and acid parents sired them." He explained, smoke curling from his grill as he went over the details of such a pairing. A complicated one that was, but so were many other genetics.

The demon looked down at Kev inquisitively when he spoke of the god's productivity. "Oh? What were your gods like?" Prixlezub wondered, were they hedonistic, peaceful or just plain lazy and were only interested in watching their creations move about? The demon gave a small hum when the alien wished he could have seen such a plane. Would he have? Many others would have thought the place was barbaric, even horrible with all the fighting. But alas, there were those who were interested in new worlds even if they could kill them in the process. "It is a harsh world, for you to see it you would have to arrive prepared. Regardless, I am glad to hear that I am not boring you with tedious history." Perhaps even live in a bubble, like a hamster! The demon removed himself from that amusing image, as the alien wished to know a little more about the Sss'rrgll. "I believe that portion of their population was wiped out, but there may have been other groups hiding far away from where the other two races lived. Maybe deeper in the caves or mountains. If they did decide to take vengeance on their fallen brethren they certainly were taking their time on it. I heard nothing of any further attacks on them even when I was brought here. Their exterminatus was around... Hmm.. Perhaps 22 billion years ago, give or take a few millennia." He surmised evenly.

Taking their time planning vengeance indeed.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:15 am

Kev was not a big fan of 'chance'. It seemed to come and go as it pleased. When he needed a lot of strength and power, chance decided, 'nope!'. When he didn't need all of that strength, chance said 'screw you Kev, here, accidentally kill someone while under a Siren's control!'. He was content to wait it out though, because eventually chance would have to turn around...right? "Probably related to the 'balance' thing. For every good thing, there is a bad. For every good and strong attack, there is a weak one." Maybe that was why they arrived here to weak anyway.

He nodded to show he understood Prixlezub's words. "All of that power was useful when you had an Empire, but here I suppose you don't need as much of it. Just enough to let people know that you aren't one to mess with. And really, a good bluffing can do the same thing for some people." The car demon was unsure, because he was satisfied with his current strength, and yet he knew, he knew what other strengths he had at one point, could have again. Sometimes satisfaction could be riddled down by the promise of power, of potential. However, it seemed there was more than just this place holding him back. "All this time, I thought it was supposed to show how rebellious you are!" Like Zippy with all of her piercings! Most curious of all, the ring on Prixlezub's face was meant to keep him from growing too powerful. "Who put it on you?" Perhaps one of the Fallen had, to keep the Leader of his enemies from growing too strong to beat?

The alien seemed to perk up at the mention of Swindle, and his shop. "I haven't been to his shop in ages! How is ole Swindy Loo?~" Ah Swindle, so many fond memories~! But enough reminiscing, pay attention! So the metals from the shop that Prixlezub ate were the metals Swindle would use in armor? Strong. "Sounds like you have a good thing going on there! Is the metal worth it?" The demon nodded and agreed that hyperactive seemed to fit more. "It actually makes me think of how my cat Shally acts whenever I give her catnip!" They even experimented with the life energy and managed to distill it and turn it into....another word Kev didn't recognize. But it was noted all the same! And then he got a question that made him ponder.

"I'm sure the more devious of my kind likely found some substance they could rub into their skin and absorb for recreational use like that, but if they did it wasn't very well known among everyone. The Elders didn't like for time to be wasted when it could be put to good use. I never realized what sorts of recreational activities could be had from substances like that until I came here! Alcohol, drugs, caffeine...I have unfortunately had all of them, one way or another. Mostly in the Sanctuary." That place could be very bad for that.

The unfortunate experience of a barren broodling was unfortunately common. That meant though that the choice, at least, was very easy for the demons of Prixlezub's world to make. The child was not mourned either, although he could understand. The broodlings were weak, unworthy to fight, they were...unfortunately, of no...real use. "My kind were similar when it came to spawn or adults who weren't strong enough to master our telepathy. If you were too weak to properly use it, to properly hone it, you were practically shunned." Telepathy was a power that had responsibilities attached, and if you were too stupid to accept them and train to honor them, you weren't fit to be a part of them. You were a danger, to not just yourself, but everyone around you. "I understand what you mean, then. For the better of the whole, sometimes things must be done." Even if it was a little unsavory sometimes. Different strokes for different folks. And it seemed creating a chaos elemental outside of the two that mated was something that only a fire and acid could do. "I see!" Genetics sounded complicated.

"Well, for one thing we never met our Gods. There was the ultimate, the Kreemzak, who created everyone and everything, and then there was a God for every species. They rule, they decide how things go, but they don't communicate with mortals. Gods have more important things to do then idly talk to us. They certainly never tried to get us to fight against another for them. They mostly just...keep to themselves." They went to places of work sometimes to worship them, but they never heard word back, and it was accepted as such. If someone tried to say a God spoke to them, they were seen as either liars or fools.

A hamster ball could be an interesting way to live! He nodded in agreement. "And there's likely no way to prepare myself for a world like your's. And you're definitely not boring me!~ Gaining my interest, more like!" This little meeting was going better than he thought it would! So Prixlezub was very sure, that of the reptiles responsible, they had probably been taken care of. Any plans for vengeance were either being planned out very very intimately...or were just not there. "That's a long time! I'd say they haven't been planning any revenge, then. Or they were taking their sweet time with it, which if they're anything like their brethren, probably not the case."

Last edited by Kev on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:01 am

Hm, he supposed that would make sense. After all, this was the gamma of balance, was it not? If the demon was able to get strong attacks every time he fought, it would not be called that, now would it. Though there was that strange mystery as to how people managed to think the demon's attack to be grazing when it did manage to hit powerfully. Ah, but that was something that probably would be lost to time itself and only revealed later on, if he was lucky enough. "Hm, perhaps so." The demon rumbled evenly. Though some details in a fight still managed to irk him a little...

However, even if the prince had more power that would not change. Not if he had an empire, not if he was a god, not even if he was the one who ran this universe. The prince nodded to Kev. "Yes, with the way this place works, I still would be limited even without restrictions. I am content with others leaving me be though, as you described, and I only needed to make an example of a few to make word travel. Only a fool would dare to seek me out despite the warnings of others." He remarked thoughtfully. However, it was not something the demon found uncommon, it would certainly be much less now that the demon no longer was in the sanctuary. Prixlezub gave a small chuckle at Kev's exclamation. "I have gotten a few remarks regarding rebelliousness since I have been brought here. But no, it is not out of a desire to rebel." Oh the irony. A desire to rebel was what gained him the ring in the first place! The demon paused a moment as Kev asked about how he had gotten his piercing, a story much too long and intricate to tell... Yet another mystery for the ages, he supposed. "I cannot rightfully say, I only remember having it when I was young and it stayed there forever more. Whatever gave it to me might have made me forget." Which actually was partially true.

As for Swindle's shop, the prince's brow furrowed. "The last time I had visited his shop was back when I bought the armor metals he used, he seemed to be doing fine then. However, that was also a little over a year ago." Prixlezub rumbled evenly. "His current well fare is unknown to me, you may have to seek him out yourself to know that." He certainly had been silent for along while, the demon knew that much. Otherwise the cybertronian's business was not his own. The demon gave a thoughtful hum at Kev's question. "It was at the time, though I have found that hunting for my ores yields the same result at a much lower price." Considering that a week in the pool of souls for his victim was a bargain compared to over a million credits a crate for cybtertronian ores. Swindle, dear Swindle, you forgot that your brethren carried the same ores you were selling! Why buy when the demon could crack a few cranial plates in his maw?

Well, aside from worrying about the watching eyes of the ISO's, though that could be avoided with a change in location.

Catnip? The demon had heard of it before, but as for comparing it to the demon's Sr’nrighhn... "Interesting. I never thought of it in quite that way." He remarked thoughtfully, a puff of smoke curling from his grill as he pondered it. As for Kev's recreational substances, he found the answer to be quite surprising. So their kind did not really partake in anything with substances out of their beliefs. The substances they did have were the kind that could be rubbed into the skin... It made sense, the demon did not really see any other way for Kev to take in liquids or food. "Your kind certainly were not the type for nonsense. What was considered 'good use' for your elders?" He inquired curiously. Upon hearing that most of Kev's experience with recreational substances was in the sanctuary, he gave a low chuckle. "I see. Were they at least enjoyable for you?" The demon knew he would not get much effect from the substances Kev spoke of. All of them would have burned up the moment they hit Prixlezub's mouth.

However, it seemed the alien could relate with the demon's ways. His kind as well shunned those who were unable to use a particular skill. Though to simply shun them sounded a bit too lenient. What good were they alive if they were a danger to others and themselves? "I see." The demon hummed thoughtfully. "It is... Contenting to hear one understand such ways. Few would demand we let our brood live despite the odds, perhaps even wish we kept them alive forcefully simply for the sake of life. Our kind cannot afford such compassionate luxuries." If they were not fit to be trained to fight and lacked the mental ability to contribute to the legions, there was no place for them. Death was their place in that existence, and death they received. It would have been cruel to forcefully keep them breathing, unable to understand their surroundings and actions, would it not? Prixlezub listened attentively as Kev went on about his kind's gods. Quite the passive bunch, the demon observed. As for a god for every species... The demon gave a small hum at that, "There must have been many gods on your planet, perhaps too many to count." He surmised. Apparently none of them were much for talking either, given Kev's explanation, he supposed it made some sense as well. Deities were strange creatures to deal with, as the demon had come to realize over the long years. "I suppose any response from them would come from an action through the environment than anything verbal."

"I am glad to hear that. Some would have been falling asleep during my lecture." The demon chuckled. Usually the conversation would have come to a close by now, though when the demon spoke it tended to be of business. This day however, it was more just conversation for the sake of getting to know another. Taking a long time to plot revenge indeed. Even the most strategic and oldest of locomotogephors did not take billions of years to plot a race's demise! The demon gave a sharp snort from his grill. "I suppose the last of them retreated farther into the caves and mountains to where the others could not reach. Or perhaps they joined with another tribe and warned them to seek shelter as well." He surmised before shaking his head slightly. "Either way, good riddance."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Prixlezub agreed, or at least so much as he was able to. There were always things about Portal Breach that he didn't understand, and things like this were honestly just guesses. Was it due to the balanced nature of the Gamma that attacks were so uneven? Was it something else? Nobody besides maybe Nergal and Portal X knew. The same could indeed be said for why a major attack drew little attention, or the opposite. With a brief nod, Kev tapped his fingertips together, not having much else to say that hadn't already been said, on this subject at least.

It was likely that, if Prixlezub's normal power could rival that of Portal X's, than he would not be allowed to attain it. It was a risk that a God would likely be unwilling to deal with. It was good then, that the power Prixlezub currently had was sufficient for everything he needed or wanted to do. Very few dared to touch him, those that did, soon learned why they shouldn't. It had taken a while, but he was at his prime now, a prime he would likely keep. "Indeed. So in this way at least, your powers and abilities are fully suited to your life here." Although he had no doubt that the demon probably remembered a time when he commanded armies, and had colleagues under his command. Here, he had none of that. He had alien creatures that feared him or disliked him, justified or no.

Kev chuckled along with him, a little intrigued. "Oh, you have, have you?~" It was funny, because he didn't really see Prixlezub as...rebellious! Of course, he hadn't seen much of him outside of the Sanctuary. Inside the Sanctuary, he couldn't do much of anything truly rebellious. Outside was a different story. The demon paused, possibly collecting his thoughts, and Kev stayed quiet so as to not disturb him. Rather than a compelling story of betrayal, romance, and death, though, it seems the demon did not remember what lead to him getting the ring! "That sounds about right...likely an enemy or something, trying to keep you weakened so you wouldn't be a threat. I guess if it were removable it would have come off by now." It must have been a magic ring to stay with him since his younger years. You'd think the growth would have caused it to break off. 

Ah, so Prixlezub last saw ole Swindle about a year ago. "I see! Well, good to hear that he was doing well a year ago!" Kev tried to remember that last time he had seen the cybertronian. Sometime in the past year, right? Had to be. Perhaps a visit could be indulged! "I may do just that. See how him and OV are~" Livewire and Jana too, while he was at it!  The metals Prixlezub had bought were worth it, but only at the time, when he did not know as much as he did now. Now, he knew where to acquire his ores, at a much cheaper price. He wondered what he meant by 'hunting' for his ores, but again remembered the fight that had taken place not so long ago. Hunting indeed. "I see."

The catnip comparison was one that seemed unexpected by Prixlezub. "I bet you would, if you had a cat. They go absolutely nuts for the catnip! Jerking here and there and everywhere, eyes all huge~!" He only gave it to Shally sparingly though. Too much might make her an addict! As for the substances, Kev had a suspicion that there may be a plant or two in their forests that could make one high. If his kind were more open to the idea of talking directly to the Gods and hearing the Gods talk back, they might have partaken of the substance. Otherwise, it was just silly nonsense. Why would a powerful, important, busy God talk to someone so low? Substance or no substance. 

"If you were young, mostly learning in the nurseries about the planet and our people, and how to harness one's powers. When you came of age, you were expected to help the planet. You see, in our somewhat distant but still pretty recent past, we almost had a war. The Quasarians came down, wanting our natural resources. Our planet was green, and growing, full of life and potent resources to be used. We denied them, and they...didn't take it well. They attacked, and we, being inexperienced and never having known conflict like their's, were outmatched. The attacks left most of our planet blackened and barren. The attacks only stopped with the intervention of the Thermians. Ever since then, the Elders have insisted we help to raise plants to later grow into our soil, trying to get it back to its old glory. We haven't been...very successful." Sometimes they had to dig through several layers of ground just to find something fertile. 

Prixlezub's question caused Kev to actually chuckle out loud, shaking his head as the memories were already spinning in his head. "Sometimes they were! Sometimes they weren't. One time, I ended up stripping myself of all of my clothes. Another, I came to in the middle of riding that poor Equius troll like he was a horse...and he was enjoying it too, and urging me to whip him." He snorted again, at the very memory of the very...special troll's reaction. "Out of all of them, I guess alcohol would be the one that's easiest for me. The LSD mixed with vodka and coffee, or the drugs we all accidentally snorted, those were accidental and things got really weird. Things never get too weird when its just alcohol." Although thanks to a few drunkies, he didn't like the overconsumption on it much.

Kev nodded in agreement. "Sometimes people let their emotions rule their decisions. Its not always a bad thing, but in this case...if the broodling would die anyway, living for a week of pain and agony, crying out for comfort and unable to receive the comfort it wanted, sometimes it is better to end their pain as soon as you can. Keeping something alive just because you care for it, although well-intentioned, can be selfish. If that broodling had the ability to speak, would it agree to stay alive, or want to be killed?" A dilemma to consider. And even if the barren young managed to live beyond a week, they would likely have rampant health issues throughout their lives, Gods forbid they ever come across the Fallen or the Aeronemnons and Locomotogephors.

His head quirked at Prixlezub's next statement, almost confused. Why would Gods be on his planet? Although he might have meant it metaphorically, either way! And Prixlezub was quite right! "Oh yes! Hundreds of Lesser Gods, looking over their specific planet or specie, and dictating whatever happens. If a specie was rude, disrespectful, or just plain deserved it, then bad things usually happened. Sometimes it could be hard because every God is different. What is good for one God might not be considered such for another. We figured that was why every specie was different." And in their case, meant to be distrusted.

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it~! I already fell asleep on you, waiting for you. I wouldn't want to fall asleep on you while you were here!" He found their conversation too engaging to fall asleep anyway. He nodded in agreement, both were very possible. "I bet they were like, 'yous guys, killing the broodlings was a bads ideas~! Don't do its!'"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:42 pm

The demon gave a small nod, yes he had indeed adapted to this place over time with his current abilities. Though had not Kev as well? The alien was much smaller than Prixlezub and yet he could kill someone with a single punch if luck was on his side. Though there was one thing that Kev brought up that was indeed true, back home the prince had an entire race that he commanded, he lead. Here the prince only was the ruler of a small territory, and those he came across feared him more for their lives than out of respect. Which was interesting, given the demon only needed to kill several to build his reputation here, when back home he had slaughtered thousands, if not millions. Those in Automotive Hell feared him for his strength, numbers, the vast resources he commanded. If he wished he could have simply planned an extermination of the other demonic races that stood against him and nothing could have stood in his way... Well, save for one small detail. Here, what did the demon have to conquer but a small amount of people who often bragged to upstarts that they had fought many larger threats before and vanquished them? They certainly talked big but when challenged, it seemed that willingness to puff out their chests dwindled significantly.

In fact, they became silent.

The prince gave a small chuckle of his own when the alien trilled his response. "Yes, a few of the older citizens had decided that my ring was the mark of a rebellious youth." A silly thing seeing as how the demon was not as rebellious as a few of them had decided. If anything they missed the boat for seeing an impetuous, young demon prince by about fifty billion years. A stroke of luck for them, as the prince doubted that any of them would have been willing to put up with his antics. His mentors surely had not, that was for sure. Prixlezub's kin on the other hand... They drank it up like it were a fine wine. Speaking of the demon's ring, the alien was partially right about Prixlezub getting it from an old enemy. The demon gave a thoughtful hum, "That may be what had happened." The demon rumbled. "I have tried many times before coming here to remove the ring from my nose, but alas they all proved to be fruitless. Whatever has been placed upon the ring is quite powerful."

As for Overcast and Swindle, the demon supposed it would be nice for Kev to visit. "It may be a nice reprieve from all the business." He stated evenly. As for the description of a cat on catnip, the demon still could not make much of a comparison. Jerking around, large eyes? The demon gave a small hum. "Perhaps it would be easier for you to see one of our kind under the effects of Sr’nrighhn instead of relying on my description." He suggested after a few moments of thought. Though the alien's description of how a cat reacts to catnip was an amusing image he had to say. Much more so than the plight that had befallen Kev's people. So the reason they used their mental abilities was to try and heal a ravaged planet? A noble cause, given how their peaceful people were on the wrong end of a warring nation. "Hm, it seems the Quasarians may have tried to use your planet as a pit stop on the way towards another conquest, if resources were all they were after. Either that or they were trying to replenish their own resources after a previous battle. Regardless, I am sorry to hear that your people were treated in such a manner. It must have been years until you were able to find anything salvageable from the aftermath." Prixlezub stated evenly. Although the Thermians seemed a bit of a mystery, why had they decided to help Kev's people? "I take it the Thermians were an old enemy of the Quasarians, or was there another reason that they decided to help your planet?"

Kev's speech turned to the substances once more, something that seemed quite amusing if not an adventure. Inwardly the demon wondered if Kev had felt frightened during his not so willing introduction to the drugs humans often went to. "I'm glad to hear you found one that you managed to enjoy." The prince rumbled amusedly. Though how could either of them forget the one night where an airborne substance was released into the Sanctuary. Or at least forcefully rubbed into their noses. "I believe I was there for that night as well. Though the substance that was released did not really effect me. Though at the same time was placed under the duty of entertaining a drugged Kefka and Zurg for the time being. Apparently Zurg decided I was the strange man's grandfather and so I had to tell him stories." He remarked idly. that whole night was ridiculous as far as the demon was concerned. Though was not Equius placed as a beast of burden to Aya as well at the time? Eh, perhaps it was best if the prince did not remember all the details of that evening for both their sake. However, the demon did remember plenty about the broodlings. "Actually Kev, our kind have the capability of speech and thought from birth. During development, the broodling has the ability to tap into their mother's memories to learn about the environment outside of the womb. In the process, they may learn our language for use when they are finally born, the Barren broodlings included. When one is born, they may ask for death from their parent once they realize that they are not as healthy as their siblings." Prixlezub explained evenly. "They know that they are not fit for their world, as do the adults. If one were to let a barren broodling live despite their pleas, it is considered cruelty on the part of the parent. It is much more acceptable to kill and devour the broodling instead, so they may be more useful as energy for the parent." Harsh? Perhaps. Though that was the way things were where the prince came from. And probably may have been a circumstance that Kev might not have wished to hear or envision during his day.

Ah, but no one ever said that demons were supposed to be happy and lovable creatures.

The demon gave a thoughtful thrum as the green alien explained his kind's gods. How interesting... "Your system sounds very much like how things were run in the Material Plane. The gods there however were placed in tiers. Higher tiers ruled more than lower tiers, ranging from one to ten. Though there was only one god in the tenth tier, they were responsible for creating and ending universes. On inhale a universe would be destroyed, and on exhale a new one was brought into existence." He explained slowly. "Your classification of gods seem very complex, and very meticulous to keep track of... Hm, perhaps your kind were happy to keep to the ones that they knew about, yes? Especially after your planet's run in with the Quasarians." Prixlezub surmised thoughtfully. War never made anything for the positive when it concerned the victims, unless they were the kind that were courageous enough to venture forth for the sake of prosperity and trade. Though to stay completely isolated brought forth complications of its own if the people were not advanced enough to defend themselves.

"I would suppose not, as you have been very attentive during our conversation thus far." Prixlezub rumbled evenly. As for Kev's impression of the Sss'rrgll, the prince could not help but allow himself a chuckle. "I would believe so. The Aeronemnon and Locomotogephor are quite formidable opponents on their own." Especially with how large they usually had grown to by the time they were adults.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:21 am

Ah, so it was the older citizens that thought that, huh? Although he wondered, older in age or older in residing in Portal Breach? He knew from Zippy that there was a slight stigma that came with piercings that prevailed sometimes with older people. Either way, Kev chuckled at the idea of a fully rebellious Prixlezub, with a fiery mohawk and piercings all over his face. Maybe even one on his tongue! "Do you think they're right, at all?" Prixlezub seemed a bit too business-like to be a rebel. His viewpoints and methods were certainly different, perhaps harsh, but if he were truly rebellious, he'd be out slaughtering anyone who looked at him funny, maybe even try to overthrow Portal X. So nothing Prixlezub used could ever remove that ring! Not even his immense strength or sharp talons could dislodge it from his grill. "I guess the only one who can take it off is the one who put it on, and you can't remember them." Unfortunately clever! Although Prixlezub got the last victory, seeing how whoever it was probably died with Prixlezub's universe.

"Indeed!" Although Swindle did not seem to mind the business since it brought in money, perhaps OV would like the break! "Perhaps it would! Maybe one day you could partake of some of that..." The word escaped him. "Energy stuff, and I can make notes of what happens!" Kev considered the demon's words and nodded in agreement. "You're probably right, from what we knew they were a very volatile race, quite tall and burly too. They had gotten into fights and wars before, one of which were those Thermians." Kev and his kind had nothing else to offer to them aside from their planet's resources, so it was likely that they were a pitstop. The Quasarians preferred more fight in their conquests, until denied what they wanted. He bowed his head in a thankful matter and nodded in agreement. "Thank you. Yes, it took a while, but the Thermians helped out wherever they could!" Such an oddly helpful race, them. "They were enemies, but there was probably another reason too...see, the Thermians soon became our only trade source. We gave them some of those resources the Quasarians wanted so much, out of whatever we had left, and the Thermians gave us supplies, weapons, clothing. My usual outfit is standard Thermian-given clothing, although the gloves, I got for a bit extra~!" Those flamethrower gloves were worth it!

He nodded, although alcohol had its troubles too. Hangovers, embarrassing behaviors, it was best enjoyed gingerly or with moderation. And oh, that was true! Prixlezub had been there that one time! He couldn't even remember what drug it was, but now he could remember those hazy memories, Kefka as his brother and...lover? Prixlezub who was their grandfather and...was Zurg their mother? And then Kev moved from Kefka to piggybacking on poor Uriel, and then Equius. "I forgot you were there! That night was crazy...I can't even remember how it happened, just suddenly everything was...weird. I almost think Mituna had caused it..." The troll had done...something? It was hazy. The drugged memories were tossed aside though. "Oh, I didn't know! Most creatures can't do much of anything at birth, besides cry or make little noises. My kind can speak somewhat too, since speaking is simply one's thoughts. They're just more simplistic and...sometimes blunt." He would have chuckled, although that definitely sobered up their little conversation. "Then there isn't anything else to be done, in that case. If the broodling agrees to it and in fact wants it, then mercy is to be had." Although that was still a sad position for his people to be in. They even ate the body, rather than to let it go to waste and instead be useful energy. It was a harsh practice for a harsh world.

"Does it?" Interesting! The main 'other' religious beliefs he had heard about were the kind of Arius, the priests, Delila, and Linda, which were one single God that spoke to his followers, sometimes through a book! Had a zombie son which is represented by a lower case 't' worn around the neck...it was odd. To hear that the Material Plane of Prixlezub's world was similar was nice and familiar, although the Portals were somewhat similar too. "Was it only strength that dictated position on the tiers? Or something else too?" That tenth tier God was intimidating...able to create and end simply by breathing. Amazing. "It seems really simple, actually, but that's probably because I grew up with it." And then Prixlezub said something that was quite correct, on a number of levels. "Yes...actually, after the Quasarians, the Elders began to teach and dictate that every species was like them, with the Thermians as the exception that proves it. Hence why they were our traders..." They were the only ones to be trusted, or so they had been told.

He nodded in agreement, and chuckled at Prixlezub's amusement at his impression at the reptilian creatures. He had no idea what they could possibly sound like, but he must have been close if it amused him! "Indeed! When you had left, who had the upper hand in your war with them?"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Were the older citizens right? Hm... The prince's methods were quite unorthodox back when he first arrived, eating passerby in broad daylight, chasing down buses like they were a two-in-one prey. Back then he could see where the citizens had gotten that idea, especially after that fateful run in with the police. Given the officers' reaction, Prixlezub doubted that anyone had impaled their police chief during an arrest until he came along. Though they certainly had seen a lawyer make cookies for them before to try and keep them from arresting the prince. Interesting thing that was. "Perhaps at one point they may have been correct, but not now. Today the older citizens may simply call me rebellious or 'punkish' simply from appearance alone." He rumbled evenly. The prince no longer was the type to antagonize law enforcement if he did not need to, especially when he knew of means to get his plans done without their interference. Prixlezub nodded slightly to Kev. "Yes, that would be correct on both points." He agreed, though whether the one who placed the ring on him was indeed dead or not was still something the demon was not to quick to assume. Layla had come from his world long after he had arrived here, the other may still be around in their home universe as well.

An experiment with the Sr’nrighhn? The demon rumbled thoughtfully, perhaps it would not be too bad of an idea. Though he was all to familiar with how he could act when he drank enough of the distilled souls. If they were not careful, the alien would be doing much more than taking simple notes. "Perhaps. We will have to see if I can still create the drink first." He replied. Sr'nrighhn could be easily created back on the Plane of Mechanical Hellfire, where the distilleries worked in an environment humid with planar energies. Here, the demon felt a humidity of planar energy, but would it be enough for what he wished to make? Hm, some tests would have to be run for sure. Ah, but that could be thought on later, Kev was speaking about his home again. So the Quasarians were as brutal looking as their methods, interesting. Though the demon did not show much surprise when Kev revealed that the Thermians helped in exchange for resources. Such was the way of the shrewd and clever who stepped in during a conflict, no one simply helped out of the goodness of their heart. However, Kev's people did get protection and supplies from the Termians, not exactly a bad trade-off for resources from their planet. Not to mention their trade was the origin of the alien's gloves. "Ah, so that was where you gained your abilities with fire. I had been wondering where you learned how to shoot fire from your palms if you only stated your people knew of telepathy." He remarked contentedly. If the Thermians gave Kev flamethrower gloves for a higher payment, imagine the weapons they gave Kev's people to defend their planet. Then again, Kev's gloves paled in comparison to many of the weapons available to the populace in Portal Breach, though they were still a pretty fine weapon in itself.

After all, what better way to kill an enemy then by burning them to ashes?

Prixlezub pondered back on that one night in the Sanctuary. Had Mituna had caused it? The prince could not rightfully remember who had started it, though he would not be surprised if it was one of the troll children. Some of them managed to get involved with strange activities of their own, and the yellow clad troll certainly had some... Interesting qualities. However, the prince did remember something from the evening. "I am uncertain if it was Mituna, but I remember a powder that was used to drug everyone. Perhaps the bringer threw it into everyone's face." He rumbled thoughtfully. Though he dropped the thought once Kev began talking about children. "It is fine Kev, I do not expect you to know what our kind's offspring were capable of. Your children sound amusing themselves, I am certain they kept things quite interesting back on your planet." The demon chuckled. Though it seemed the broodlings were quite sobering, as well as a reminder to the differences between him and Kev. Killing off unhealthy brood was not something that his people did on a daily basis. Prixlezub nodded in agreement with the green alien, it was harsh but required of his kind. However, it was not a topic either of them needed to linger on any longer.

So the gods of the Material Plane were interesting to the alien already, hm? Prixlezub could certainly shed a little more light on them if Kev wished to listen. "Tiers dictated the abilities of a diety. first tier only grants immortality, second tier allows for the shaping of the land, third allows being able to create life. Fourth tier and on to eighth increase to being able to create planets, stars, the celestial bodies themselves. However, the ninth tier acts as the leaders of the lesser tiers of that universe, and will dictate where they all need to be. However, they are powerful enough to wipe a universe clean if they deem it necessary, without destroying it outright like the tenth tier would. Power, although telling in itself, is not always a way to know which tier is which. For every tier gained, they will also acquire an extra row of teeth." The prince explained evenly. "If they wish, they can remove a tooth and use it to create something that aligns with that tier. Alas, this is not available to second tier and below." Ah yes, Material Plane hierarchy... Simple once you got to know it. Usually. However, it seemed the demon was indeed right about his thoughts regarding Kev's people after their fight with the Quasarians. It only made sense, why not trust the ones who had saved you from imminent doom, and keep them close. Trading with them only strengthened that thought process, though at the same time it certainly kept Kev's people from opening up trade with others, perhaps other aliens who had technology that was far superior to the Thermians. "I see. The Thermians must have been quite privileged to be the only ones who could trade with your planet. I wonder if others may have gotten a bit jealous if they were able to get supplies that no one else could." Prixlezub rumbled thoughtfully.

Indeed, who did have the upper hand when the prince was warring with the Locomotogephors and Aeronemnon? Prixlezub gave a low rumble as he pondered it over. All three of them had their very notable strengths and weaknesses, and all of them were around on that plane long enough to know how to play each accordingly. After a moment, the prince gave his reply. "We all were at an advantage, and a disadvantage. Some at the same time. Technologically, we were better off than the Aeronemnon and Locomotogephor, and we could overwhelm them with our numbers. However, the Aeronmenon had aerial superiority and knew the skies like the back of their claws, while the Locomotogehpor were masters of tunneling and underground traps. With how long our wars raged, we came to be experts of each race in turn. A few million years after the attempts to use the Sss'rrgll, we came together and decided upon a ceasefire since no one race was achieving any clear advantage over us, and we were not gaining anything in turn. To continue would just drive ourselves in circles endlessly." And an endless war did nothing but eat away resources and numbers that could be better put towards something else. Like an enemy they both could agree towards wiping out.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:04 am