Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Red and Green, What A Scene!

Post by Kev on Tue May 21, 2013 12:15 am

Time would tell indeed! He considered the demon's words on the centaur and nodded. "Apparently her plan was that she would let us steal something if we stole something for her too. A really odd plan...although I guess its possible that she might have been joking." Not a very funny joke though, in his opinion. As for the eye gouging, Kev was...not a fan of such a tactic. With his own eyes being so large, and such a prominent feature of his face, the idea of someone gouging his eyes out was frightening, not to mention the prospect of going blind. To a Kryptonistanian, eyes were everything. Eye contact cemented a mental suggestion, and mates were chosen based on preferred eye colors. Eye gouging seemed almost unspeakable, a move done in desperation against one's enemy.

"The place was becoming drained, alright..." He nodded in agreement, "I didn't trust it at all, the last time I was at X's house, we all had a terrible time. But, I decided to go anyways..." And killed the very Portal Deities they had been trying to save. "If I had to guess, I'd say there was something in the food and drink provided at the banquet." He lured them there with the promise of rewards, got them all relaxed and eating, and once they had been drugged and unconscious, revealed his true self. The subject of Omega had Kev tilting his head to the side ever so briefly, almost questioning himself as he spoke. "I think Omega...she was connected to Alpha, somehow. She said that him killing her would give him eternal rest too. One cannot exist without the other...I think she's more than just something attached to this Gamma. Or at least...was. Its honestly very confusing. After the fight was over, when it seemed like we'd all die, she did something to save us, and next thing I know, I'm back at the cottage. And in the corner of my eye, I could see her, and she...disappeared. It was so...odd." He let out a small sigh, thinking about it. It seemed that in order to keep them all alive, she sacrificed herself and...rebooted everything back to how it was before. Was she still out there, dormant now and waiting for the next time to save them? And what was her precise connection with Alpha?

"I bet with you on our side, we could have gotten a lot more done, maybe. For instance, if you had been swallowed up by the sea monster with us, you could have killed it from the inside out! And then, that would have killed the Sirens, letting us get rid of the little ball of data, even though someone still would have died...at least less people would have died." Stupid, cheating sirens...!

"It does?" The only name Kev knew for death was 'killed', 'murdered', 'deleted', and 'chutspan', the last of which was from his own tongue. Neither of which seemed to carry the same meaning, though, as the word Prixlezub was thinking of. Kev attempted to mimic the sound, but without the demon's anatomy and knowledge of the word, he didn't get it quite right at all. "I understand what you mean, though. Its a lot like with Delila! She agreed to a fight to the death with Dr. Doom, when she appeared to fight him she refused to fight back. In the end she was killed, and her boyfriend ended up having to watch...and suffer because she couldn't have just apologized to Dr. Doom! No, she said she had principles. Because of her, Blade had to watch her die! Because of their stupidity, Metal Man, Hot Shot, and Deadsilver all died together! And Blade died just like Delila! The only difference is that he came back! If he didn't I would have found him and kicked his bruuka myself!" Wasn't it just frustrating, how history seemed to repeat itself?

Kev's breathing, stiff and angry during his rant, began to subside and his fists uncurled. "Hngh...I'm sorry Prixlezub. I lost control a little bit there." It just felt like he was stuck in an hourglass, watching the sand drop in, the sand of past mistakes. He'd push on the sand, tell the sand that what it was doing was a bad idea, but did the sand listen? The sand never listens. And the only outcome was death, hurt feelings, and Kev being suffocated by sand that should have listened. Kev didn't focus on that, and instead focused on Prixlezub, chuckling. "Its ironic that you say that, since I'm one of the first people to run and cower when things go wrong." He leaned back on his hands. "I'm happy to speak with you though, and that you feel I do not cower and run so eagerly from you."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue May 21, 2013 2:45 am

That was quite the strange plan indeed. So strange that the centaur was possibly completely daft or absolutely had to be joking to make any sense. "Hm... Yes, I doubt she could be serious with such a plan." Prixlezub assured slowly. The people that merchants hired in this day and age... It made the prince wonder just how advanced the inhabitants of this planet truly were. Then again, simply because a civilization had technology and education did not mean they took them to heart. As had been reaffirmed over the centuries, if a people were brought up with abundant privilege and toys, they surely would take them for granted in time.

"I would not be surprised that the food was tainted. As I am not surprised you went to the banquet despite the suspicious actions of the deity." The prince rumbled thoughtfully. "You may call yourself a coward, Kev, but a true coward would completely run from the call to duty of protecting one's home. Perhaps at heart, you too noticed that there must have been something to their behavior that needed to be addressed, as did the rest who heeded Portal X's invitation." If someone was acting out of sorts, there usually was something influencing them. Whether it be a destructive mindset that was manipulated into play, or being possessed by SIR in this case. "Though I must ask, if SIR was willing to negotiate... Why did you all decide to attack the possessed Portal X?" He inquired curiously. "To negotiate with him would have most likely ended the whole conflict without summoning Alpha and Omega." Although given the nature of most citizens, the demon figured inwardly that they attacked simply because it worked well enough in the past. Mr. Dark invades? Beat him to a pulp and stick him in a gold casket. Some sort of creature decides to release monstrous abominations upon the planet? Beat the living shit out of it until it surrenders and runs away with its tail tucked between its legs. Rinse and repeat. Negotiation was not something that was a usual means of winning a battle, obviously.

As for Kev's elaboration on Omega... "Hm, I thought as much." Even a creature so strange as the demon prince was not ignorant to the concept of Alpha and Omega. Beginning and End. Creator and Destroyer. In fact, the demon had been in a similar relationship as well at one point. "She placed and avatar of herself in each gamma to keep Alpha in line and not destroy the gammas that his children created. He would never attack them as himself, so she would only be faced with another avatar... Not enough to bash him back with more force than him, but just enough to match his ability." Prixlezub rumbled musingly. Of course, once her duty had passed, she returned to slumbering and let the commoners return to their lives. Typical behavior of a deity. "I doubt she would leave the gamma vulnerable to another attack, she has probably returned to whence she came until needed again." He remarked evenly.

However, the demon doubted that his strength would have changed the tide of battle, even if he had the health to support the fighters. After what happened between himself, Blainstrrghtokk, Zurg and Layla... It was a miracle they let him go with his limbs intact and functional. In fact, they could have even killed him if they wished. "Hm. Perhaps so and perhaps not." He stated slowly, smoke curling from his grill like thick exhaust to blot the glow from his eyes. "I was not as strong then as I am now." Kev may interpret that as he wished, for the demon prince would elaborate no further. Instead, the prince focused more on a rather entertaining rant. So, Blade's behavior reminded him of his old girlfriend before Psyche? Well, well, well... That certainly reminded the demon of a few million others he had observed. "The boy had probably imprinted on her, he is still young and impressionable mentally. Even for the brief time he and she were together, Blade probably was effected in some way with her death. Acting like her may have been his misguided and ridiculous way of keeping her memory, the same with his willingness to rule Avalon despite his complete incompetence. However, it is quite understandable to feel such outrage at his actions. Even with that possible reason, it does not make his actions wise or right." He rumbled thoughtfully. In short, Blade tended to cling to people he dated during and after their lives were spent. If Kev were to find and kick Blade's bruuka as he so vowed to so... He still would have stayed the same. Even death had not been able to remove the boy's stupidity. Speaking of which, "Had you beaten sense into the boy after he returned from the Pool? I remember you threatening such a fate before his execution." Prixlezub asked evenly. To hear that the boy would have been beaten twice for his insolence... Ah yes, that would be quite the warm fuzzy feeling.

Running and cowering when things go wrong were not always the actions of a coward. "I believe it only makes you a coward if you are the reason for things going wrong. Running in panic is not the same as running from responsibility. Those that go and fix a problem that is not theirs is the makings of a 'hero'. One that is willing to let the one who caused the problem sit and pretend that it is no longer their issue to deal with. However, there are also those who force the problem causer to end what they started, though I consider those to be more in the line of people inclined towards justice. Both of these types of people may run at first until they know what they are running from and how to combat it." He explained. Kev on the other hand, the prince had seen Kev fighting Mr. Dark, even being killed at his hand when he tried to defend Link. As well, it took some courage to stand up to a friend if they were acting foolish or arrogantly. "Yes, and for your tolerance I am grateful." He replied approvingly. Not many would still sit and speak with the prince after his initial outburst.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed May 22, 2013 2:42 am

At least, not serious if she thought to have any ability to fulfill such a plan. "Especially since my two companions on that trip to the Mall were police officers, at the time. I bet if they thought she was being serious, they would have arrested her or something." He shrugged a bit, or maybe neither of them really wanted to arrest her. They didn't 'technically' have evidence either, right?

He listened to Prixlezub's words, feeling humbled and at the same time, proud. Prixlezub was right, there was a certain type of coward that would never help if they didn't have to, would run from responsibility and hide in terror. Kev was not that type of coward. "You're right...especially since he just passed it off as a simple bug. If it was a bug, a bug that bad, how could he get over it so easily and quickly? I guess things could have had a very different ending if we had decided not to go...maybe he would have lost his patience." And maybe he would have attacked more than those that would have shown up.

And then Prixlezub asked the question. A question that nagged at Kev's mind sometimes when he spent too much time thinking about last year. He looked down at the grass as he mulled it over. "Its because of everything that lead up to the fight with him. We found those balls and destroyed them, and then went to X's house. He drugged us and when we woke up, he was wielding Nergal as a hammer, said the balls, called data mines, were intended to vanquish us, and talked about reformatting the Gamma. I think we thought reformatting meant destroying. Until the end, he fought back against us, and when he did stop attacking, to hear us out, he also killed three people...they just..." He shook his head. "There was a flash and they were gone, dead. I think it spurred people to finish him off. If I could change it, I would have. If I could go back, knowing what I know now, I would have stopped attacking him. Even though Omega made it so everything was back to normal, it doesn't change that fact that because of our mistakes, this entire Gamma was almost obliterated, a lot of people died instantly...ironically the one time I didn't die." He chuckled a bit, and trailed off, happy to switch topics to something else.

"I wonder if, since Alpha was Portal X's father, maybe Omega was his mother?" In his own culture, there was no Alpha and Omega, there was only the Zee Pa Nieh, an almost infinite amount of Gods that ruled over their respective, representative species, and the Kreemzak, the Almighty who created everything. "I think she had been in the Pool of Souls this entire time, because when she appeared she brought everyone that had died with her, and she rose up out of the ground. Hopefully she won't be needed for a good long while." She had earned a rest. Kev tilted his head at Prixlezub, who's glowing eyes were now obscured by his smoke. "Ooh, I see." His immediate interpretation of that had been that Prixlezub was literally not as strong as he was now. Portal Breach had a weakened effect on people, letting them gain back their strength with time and experience.

He sighed at the idea of Blade acting like Delila to keep her memory alive. "I hope not...there's got to be more productive ways to remember someone, repeating her mistakes is just crazy. Like he didn't learn a thing. At least he fought back. Or uh...so I assume?" He gave the demon a questioning look for an answer, since he was not there and Blade had not mentioned much about his death. Psyche was brought up too and Kev placed his arms upon his knees, resting his head atop his arms with a narrowed gaze. "I feel bad for him, that two girlfriends have died on him. Far too often here, people think they're in love, and then something like this happens. They die, or they leave, and its just unfair." Angry as he was at his friend, there was pity there too. "I think originally, Harry talked of taking over Avalon. But, well, he disappeared." He gave a derisive snort. Avalon had been abandoned by so many leaders, it was almost sad.

He blinked and lifted his head back up, rubbing the back of his neck as he chuckled. "Well....no. No, I didn't get the chance to. I wanted to, I really wanted to, but well...in the end I figured maybe dying once was enough punishment." He deflated a bit, he certainly didn't want to kill Blade but maybe a lump or two to his head would have felt so therapeutic. "Rest assured, if he does it again, I'll beat him." Although Kev wondered if maybe Blade might enjoy it, another reason why in the end, he elected not to.

The topic turned, interestingly enough to the makings of heroes and doers of Justice. "I've seen quite a few of the 'heroic, Justice-loving' type..." He grumbled, thinking of Dani and Valerie, who seemed selective in terms of what was worthy of justice and what wasn't. Zurg, worse than a rapist? Really? "Although I guess by that definition, a lot of the people here are heroes, although possibly for selfish reasons. I know part of the reason I fight is for...well, this." He gestured at the meadow, the cottage, the animals around them. "I couldn't live with myself if I stood aside and did nothing while the world was destroyed. If Leslie, the animals, my friends, all died because some of us were too lazy to get up and do our part. That's why Alpha's attempt to destroy the Gamma was so stressful. It really felt like there was nothing to be done. Like we were all going to be...deleted." Its the price to be paid for living here, for the freedoms they had; if you wanted to keep your life here, you had to fight for it.

"After the Phazon Crisis, I've taken a slight break from running in and fighting things though. That was just...a clusterfuck." He shook his head. "If it gets bad enough, I'll come back in though, protect what I need to. Punch whoever's in the way. You're right, too, that running first is good because it lets you gather information and decide how to fight. Charging in without a plan gets you killed." Like what had happened to him, when he had tried to be a hero for the Link boys. Despite all the twists and turns their conversation was going though, Kev gave the demon a happy look.

"I'm already enjoying our meeting! I am grateful that you ever thought to meet up with me, Prixlezub~!"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed May 22, 2013 4:14 am

Companions? Police officers? This certainly changed the story some. Though, the demon doubted that the police would simply arrest someone over what they said in passing. If the centaur was so confident enough to speak of such a plan to Kev while the officers were with him.. Either she truly was joking, or these officer friends were off duty and out of their uniforms. "Speech is hardly a grounds for arrest, unless it is a serious threat on one's life or the lives of others. If she actually did steal the jewelry and was caught however... I'm sure your friends would certainly step in." The prince hummed ponderously. Though when it concerned portal deities, that certainly was not he case.

"See? Your are not as cowardly as you believe you are." Prixlezub replied confidently. "As for Portal X, or more, SIR in possession of Portal X's body... I'm sure he would have found a different way to bring you all to his level if no one decided to attend the banquet. This entity certainly had a strategy going on, but in some places it seems a little transparent." For instance, saying the data mines were supposed to defeat the citizens of Portal Breach. "Entities, synthetic or not, can say whatever they wish. Truth or not. If he was so bent on reforming you all, why go through all the trouble of trying to kill you with three separate beings? SIR also expressed he wished to send you all back to your separate worlds, death would seal everyone in the Pool of Souls... Unless..." The demon pondered for a moment, a plume of smoke curling from his grill. "He may have wanted to concentrate you all on an area where everyone would be dormant and easier to manipulate. Clever, but a hard route of accomplishment for such a task. He probably realized that he required the deities' strength long before the creation and use of the data mines to accomplish his plans, so while he awaited the defeat of the populace he quickly assumed control of Portal X and Nergal. To think reforming meant destroying however, that sounds like the mark of ignorance. Reform is to change for the betterment of the whole. As for those that were killed during the negotiation, what was the reason for such an action? Had they shown insolence, arrogance, or something else?" What happened during that negotiation, Kev? The demon's ears were itching to hear about this cataclysmic event that he had been, oh yes, sleeping through. It seemed Kev showed some remorse over what happened after the deaths of Portal X and Nergal, quite understandable given what happened shortly after. "Hindsight is foresight, Kev. Neither they nor you knew about the deity having a father. It was never really mentioned from what I can hear." The prince remarked reassuringly. "Either way, mother figure or not, Omega certainly deserves her rest. I wonder if SIR realized that Omega was in the pool of souls as well..." Smoke plumed from the demon's grill in a sparse cloud at the thought, mulling the idea over.

Though with some mythology, he would not put it past the two deities for being responsible for Portal X and the others. As for her whereabouts and the information on the portal deities... If the information was available but never sought, perhaps the virus would have found it and learned from it as well. His thoughts were brought back to something recent once more, his distant gaze fading and flicking back to the green alien. The demon gave him a low rumble as he replied. "Perhaps so, but not everyone takes the sensible route, you know this all to well from dealing with Blade yourself. Constant loss can drive one to insanity if they are not strong willed, especially if the ones lost are very close to the heart." Prixlezub explained, he had seen such events happen all to often back on the Material Plane, and a few others. "Usually the one who has lost may feel an loss of will to live, or they may take it out on others. With Blade, I doubt he has the ability to take his own life and see if he could find those he loved in the afterlife. If one exists here after the pool. At the same time, the boy loves too quickly, After Delila died, he chased after Psyche, and after her it was Mituna before he inevitably disappeared as well." Perhaps it was fine for the alien to feel sorry for Blade, but the boy's actions once his love died or left? It was inexcusable. The time between his new interests and mourning for his past love was much too quick, the boy seemed... detached. "The boy may have some issues that have been overlooked." The prince rumbled thoughtfully.

Avalon? Harry Potter? "... Who is Harry Potter? It is such a strange name." The prince inquired, the island certainly had many leaders, and even now it would gain one more. Though given the alien's snort, perhaps he was more unimpressed with the boy than the amount of leaders the island had. The demon's curious energy faded as he heard that Kev sadly had indeed not beaten the boy for his stupidity. "Hm, I see. Though after his whining about having to visit the pool the first time... I doubt he would dare irritate anyone outright once more, if he managed to learn that much. Ah, but to hear the boy's laments again, Hmhhmhm.." the prince chuckled softly, a gleam in his glowing eyes as he leered down at the alien. "You should have heard what he said when I finally was finished being patient with him." Oh the crying, the begging, the humiliation of a sobbing coward! It was like the prince was dealing with highly incompetent subordinates all over again.

Ah yes, the mixture of both "heroes" and "justice" types... It could make for an interesting combination, to say the least. Though as for Kev being a hero, perhaps so, though his intentions were fairly understandable. If he was not the one to defend his home, then who would? Surely not the sheep, their woolly bodies would make for poor shielding. "Hm, I see... Your reasons are quite understandable, but not what I would consider heroic in my terms of the word, and neither justice inclined as well. A 'hero' goes forth to fight without defeating the source of the problem, a person of justice will go to the source instead of getting distracted by the effects. The 'hero' allows the cycle to perpetuate, the 'justice' inclined one does not. This of it like this... The 'hero' is one who will pick up the mess left behind by a rampant child, without disciplining them, the person of 'justice' will reprimand the child and tell them to clean it up so that there is no longer a mess in the future." As for what Kev was... "I see you as perhaps mixture of both, but with a little more of 'justice' than 'hero'." Prixlezub said thoughtfully. Though it seems that Alpha forced that mixture out of many simply due to the hopelessness he created. Quite a popular effect, that one.

"Yes, courage does seem to spring up in the most dire of situations. Only the most cowardly seem to accept their fates instead of fight them. It stems from the preservation instinct, no one truly wishes to die unless they are quite weak or faced with unlivable circumstances." The demon surmised. It was quite obvious, really. "The ones who fight their undeniable fate and prefer to die with a blaze of glory... It is said they are fearless, but are they really? They force themselves to fight despite that fear, they turn it to rage so they may inflict it on what they are so terrified of. It is an interesting reaction, but hardly worthy of being called fearless, as no one truly is." He finished, smoke curling from his grill as he listened to Kev elaborate a little further into the Phazon Crisis. The demon gave him a slight nod in afirmation. Of course, the alien would protect his home, only a fool and a coward would refuse to save that which he loved and cherished most. Nowhere else would Kev find multicolored sheep, and a moon fae with yellow eyes than Portal Breach. Despite such a conversation topic of death and destruction, it seemed the alien was enjoying the conversation quite well.

"I see." The demon rumbled, an approving, nearly contented tone bubbling from his maw. "Not many I speak with allow for such topics, they tend to prefer the more shallow types of conversation, perhaps because they prefer not to think on much past what is before them." It would be impossible for the prince to even begin speaking like this in the Sanctuary, too many were interested in their short lived relationships than history and analysis. Many more were too fresh and young to even know what the prince spoke of. Perhaps some things were only meant to be discussed between the older citizens of the gamma.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat May 25, 2013 4:50 am

He nodded in agreement, it wasn't very fair to just persecute someone for saying they were going to do something. After all, they could have been joking, or just making idle threats. Especially when such resources could be used for better things, like people who were really breaking the law. "That's true. She must really have just been joking then."

He chuckled and averted his eyes, humbled. "Perhaps..." He had been told in the past, that he wasn't a coward, at least not as much as he felt he was, but sometimes the events of Portal Breach seemed to indicate otherwise. Sometimes not even the events had to, sometimes just the people were enough to make him feel small and powerless, his thoughts going to the mysterious scarecrow. He wasn't called a scarecrow for nothing... "Probably. Either another attempt at a get together or something more straight forward." Perhaps even a threat against Portal X, to lure them to him. "But then if that were the case, why did he send those data mines out there? They were pretty hard to fight, and we lost quite a few people. We even got eaten by a sea monster! We had to walk through stomach acid, it kinda seems like he really was trying to kill us." And he had tried to smack them with that hammer made of Nergal. If he had been trying to help them, it was definitely a painful type of help. He considered the demon's words, and shrugged. "I've never heard of the term reformatting. It sounded so...ominous. What if the betterment of the whole was something not everyone wanted? As much as I miss my people...as much as I miss my planet, I couldn't leave behind the people I know here. Leslie, Zurg, Jo, so many more...I wouldn't want to leave." Enough people had already left, and he didn't want to be the next one.

He tried to remember, to think about what caused Sam, Harry, and Minerva to be killed. "I think...perhaps...it was insolence. I think because they were attacking him with such intensity, and didn't want to listen. All of us did that, at least, but they...they seemed the most stubborn." He bowed his head and considered the demon's words. Yes, there was no way they could have known that Alpha would have enacted revenge for his fallen son. They were just lucky the whole of Portal Breach managed to stay in existence after his death instead of falling apart. "You are right...and there's nothing we could have done at the time, and nothing we can do now." So such a hopeless event should be left in the dark, like all the rest. And yet that was easier said than done. Kev tilted his head. "Maybe he did...maybe that's why he killed people. Maybe everyone who died found Omega and woke her up. I wouldn't know, I wasn't there..." It did seem logical though. When she appeared, so did everyone who had died. If SIR had indeed known about Omega, it was definitely a very interesting implication.

He sighed and nodded in agreement. "Yes...not everyone takes the most sensible route, and Blade can be one of them." He'd gotten three chances, and he was lucky enough to get those! Not even the threats of his friend had made him wizen up, although maybe he had learned his lesson since then. Kev would hate to see him go the way of Delila and Psyche...so many mistakes, made all these years. So many, unavoidable. And Kev wasn't immune either, he had made mistakes too. The possibility of Blade taking his life made Kev wince, but if he could live through Delila and Psyche both dying, he surely wouldn't do such a thing, especially because as Prixlezub said, they didn't know if there was a real afterlife. There was the pool, but if one died forever, would they actually be somewhere? Or just disappear?

And as Prixlezub said, sometimes Blade fell into love too quickly. He was even still in love with Kev himself, a fact that Kev felt guilty for sometimes. He didn't want Blade to pine after him forever, yet at the same time he wanted to intervene from now on. "I didn't have a good feeling, about him and Delila or him and Psyche...but I let him do what he wanted because I'm not his mother, I'm only his friend. But...it...it never worked out for him. My feelings were right. And from now on I will make sure he won't let himself get hurt like that." He still needed to find a way to do that without seeming like an overprotective friend. "He might..." Kev knew there were some issues with his father, for instance. And the alcohol problem.

Ah, Potter. The name itself was like opening a can of worms. Kev huffed and crossed his arms, eyes glaring at a man who wasn't there. "Harry Potter is a young wizard who makes like he's a good friend, a good person." A good bro. "And yet he leaves without bidding anyone a single goodbye, leaving behind an entire island nation. An irresponsible, selfish, foolish, liar." The anger did not last long, and instead melted into a fearful sort of pity, as Prixlezub reminisced about Blade's last words. "I can only imagine..." He said softly, wondering a bit just what Blade had said, yet at the same time not wanting to know. "I hope, for both our sake's, that he's learned his lesson."

This discussion of heroic and justice was an interesting one, before coming to Portal Breach Kev had never wondered what made one 'heroic' nor 'inclined to justice'. "My reasons are understandable, yes, and like you said, neither quite heroic nor done for justice. If I had to guess what my reasons were...I guess I would say...sentiment. My decision to protect that which I love is based more on my emotions for Leslie and the animals instead of what's 'right' and what the 'Law' says." Kev always considered 'hero' and 'justice' to be interchangeable, but as Prixlezub went on, Kev could see the differences. "I see your point. A hero is like a lenient parent, while justice is like one who will make sure the child never misbehaves again. A mixture?" Kev's head tilted again. A mixture...with a bit more justice tossed in. He felt like neither one really fit him well, but perhaps both...it made a bit more sense at least. He nodded his agreement. "What would you say you are?" He asked, simply out of curiosity.

Ah, courage. An odd concept, that. For everyone had their own definition of it. He listened to Prixlezub and seemed to bow his head as if ashamed. His behavior when all hope seemed lost...he had accepted their fate. He had tried to speak to Alpha, to apologize, and offered himself up to be killed by him, as he so deserved...and was spared instead, a cruel mercy. He accepted his hopeless fate and was denied it, he had been quite cowardly, even though the action of waiting to get killed could perhaps be seen as brave. And after he was spared, he simply...gave up. He saw no alternative, and he walked away. He came back when hope was resurrected, but when hope was gone? When everyone was dying, in a fiery blaze or otherwise, everyone but him? He left. And if it weren't for Sonia, he probably wouldn't have stayed long enough to see hope return. He had been most cowardly, not a courageous alien at all, a mere wimp waiting to be killed and not even given that. Almost as if he wasn't even worth the effort.

"Barney and Ty went out in a blaze of glory...they drove a truck into Alpha, and died with it. I wouldn't say it was fearless either. I think they did it because of fear, not wanting to go out on Alpha's terms, preferring to go out on their terms. And perhaps to die doing something, rather than nothing..." The words echoed Sonia's words on that day. No one was truly fearless, no. "True courage is fighting despite the fear, right?" That had always been what he had heard, at least. And it seemed the demon Prince likewise enjoyed their conversation! He was quite relieved, feeling now like a good host. "There's very little I don't mind talking about, provided it is appropriate and one simply asks! And the history of Portal Breach is one I don't mind talking about either. Even though the events themselves can be so...stressful. There's still lessons to be learned, and experiences to remember."

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat May 25, 2013 5:57 pm

Indeed, why did SIR send out the data mines and try to kill everyone if he wanted to help them? The demon was silent for a few moments as he mulled the question over. While the action itself did not exactly own up to the virus' tactic to get everyone home and out of the gamma, there was one possibility that the prince figured with what insight he gained from Kev's information. "The data mines... They required the sacrifice of a person in order to destroy them, correct? Perhaps part of their plan was to see just how devoted you all were to defending Portal Breach, to see if the populace really were as stubborn as they seemed... Ah, but death is hardly a trial here. If one dies, they will return in a week or so." Death in this place was not as concrete as it was everywhere else the demon had traveled. A person who died could take a trial and learn from their death, or alternatively simply return if there was something important going on. "As well, if the fight was not convincing enough for everyone to keep their attention on it, then it would not have been a good distraction, would it?" Came a rhetorical rumble. "However, with the knowledge that those who died were stuck in the pool, the only thing I could reason is that perhaps SIR simply saw it as a holding area. No one is ever truly dead when they die, as they still exist during their trials, they simply are not here on this plane. True death is the complete loss of existence, being decayed to nothing more than dust and being scattered to the winds." He surmised thoughtfully. Funny enough, that was how some people were in life here... "If SIR had complete control of Nergal and Portal X, they may have been able to retrieve those that died whenever they wished, but chose not to. It is easier to deal with a populace if they are broken up and in chaos than when they are together."

It seemed that Kev's lesson in language was not without some interesting effects as well. Of course, not everyone would want to reform to SIR's plans, and if the virus was smart enough to plan all of this out... "Perhaps SIR realized this as well, but did not exactly believe it was true. It is easy for one to deny logic in the face of a goal or dream that is chased, or the thoughts of others. He wanted to return you all to your homes, your worlds before coming here, correct? Perhaps they thought that despite all of your relationships, your emotions, that this place was not right, an anomaly created out of destruction. They had seen the effects that occurred once everyone's homes were destroyed, but did not think to look into how everyone adapted." The prince mused, smoke pluming from his grill as he continued to ponder the virus. "A balance, a structure was destroyed... And SIR wished to right it. At the same time, maybe they placed such a tantalizing possibility of returning home before you all to see if you would take it. Maybe they wished to see what this place was truly worth when people were given the option to leave." For all the struggles and strife that this place went through, it was still simply a reserve for extinct species of all kinds, forcibly made so by the destruction of everyone's worlds. SIR's take over of the deities... Upon further thought, it seemed more that the virus was showing just how malleable this world was, how easy it could be to take over the current order and turn it around to their favor. If the virus wished, they could have subjugated the populace to their will with but a swing of the Nergal Hammer. But... They didn't. The power of a god at their fingertips, and SIR used it to try and right what was a catastrophic wrong to everyone on the Breach.

"If they knew about Alpha, perhaps they knew about Omega. Yes." After all, if she was his counterpart, perhaps the deity could have been a boost to SIR's plan. But alas, they never made it that far. "Perhaps I should speak with one who had died during the event once our meeting is over." All the while though, the demon could not help but find SIR's name to be... familiar. Now, where had he heard it before...

The Biggest Canary Ever wrote:"The first three were easy enough to find, but the fourth was tricky, those last two items required the assistance of Zurg, or more his assistant, Sir. By Sir, I do not mean you prince, that honestly was the name of his servant."

Ah yes, that was it. A demon's memory was a wonderful thing.

The demon stored that detail away, his gaze kept on Kev as he continued speaking. There was no reason to bring it up for now. As for Blade, when were his routes ever sensible? Either the boy was screwing up in a relationship, or he was screwing up with his other in the Sanctuary, and the hiding away to drink his protein shake. It seemed Kev shared the demon's sentiments about him taking to quickly to people, though the alien had reservations about keeping the boy away from such dangers. Understandable, the alien may have known Blade, but that did not mean he had complete control over him. Ah, but what was this? Prixlezub noticed how Kev trailed off, there was something you were holding back. "Is there something you wish to say? You seem thoughtful about the boy." The demon asked courteously. Why not open up a little and tell the old demon? "Perhaps he has learned his lesson, but given his record, I doubt it will last long." Prixlezub remarked evenly, his impish tone from earlier dropping. It seemed that Kev was not very amused with Harry Potter either. Two faced, irresponsible, selfish and a liar hm? That certainly was quite the combination.

"This Harry Potter seems like quite a troublesome boy. Good riddance for his leave." The demon said with a curt plume of smoke from his maw. "Had the boy displayed such incompetence around my presence, he would have been beheaded." There was no room for being two faced or an irresponsible liar where the prince came from, and leaving an entire nation high and dry was especially out of the question. The prince shifted his weight slightly as Kev mulled over what he said earlier regarding a "hero" and one with an "inclination towards justice". Though it seemed that the alien was unsure what to make of the demon considering him more justice than hero. "What I mean is that I doubt you are the type to let something get the chance to come back and threaten your home more than once." Prixlezub explained simply. Though, once the question was turned back around to himself, he paused and thought it over for a short while. The prince certainly was not what he would consider a hero, letting the problem run off and picking up after it. He certainly was not a mixture of both either. "I would say that I am more inclined towards... Justice. I do not allow for a problem to occur twice if I can help it, in fact, I tend to execute them right at the source." The prince gave a small puff of smoke from his grill and shook his head slightly. "To allow it run off and give it a chance to return in the future is asking for defeat at one's own folly." Better to kill off a problem than to let it retreat and come back bigger.

Apparently Kev's thoughts on courage were a tad different that Prixlezub's. Upon noticing that the alien's head was bowed slightly, the prince paused. Had he unwittingly shamed the green alien? The demon's maw parted to ask, but not before he started up once more, speaking about Barney and Ty. Apparently their deaths were quite blazing, and out of fear for having no control over their deaths. It certainly made sense. When there is no hope and nothing left to lose, the most reckless of behavior tends to surface itself like a tidal wave of emotion and drive. How funny that even when one does manage to lose everything here, it will just respawn the next day? Even in the most dire of situations on this place, this Portal Breach, there always is something to appear and save the world from complete destruction, so the endless cycle of rebirth and abandonment can continue. "Courage... It is a word I have heard only the mortals use. Our kind have no word that describes strength in the face of fear and death. There is only strength and the ability to carry out one's duty. If one has done well in performing the duties associated with their role and rank, then they have done their job. There is no term we have to glorify it." The demon explained thoughtfully. "As for what it means for you... It can mean strength and bravery in adversity, it can mean the ability to pull through the most depressing of situations... But more often than not, it is merely a certain level of personal strength."

The events of this place could be quite stressful, yes. Though look how everyone grows because of them. "I see, and I appreciate it. I do not believe many would wish to talk of the past for that very reason. Even in memory, the events are still quite real, as are their effects." Prixlezub remarked evenly. Though even more were not quick to speak since word tends to travel quicker than the wind at some points.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue May 28, 2013 2:49 am

"Correct." At least as far as he had seen. He hadn't really spoken to the other groups much to know who died and how, besides the infamous Nu, but he saw Kefka touch the data mine and die with his own eyes. A shame that death was required to take something down, but Kefka at least had seemed quite fine with dying. Although, as Prixlezub spoke, Kev considered his words. A possible test, to see just how serious the citizens of Portal Breach were about defending their homes. If they were willing to die for it, it proved just how stubborn they were. "That could be it...it feels like we're always tested to see how stubborn and determined we are to save this place. Always running out, investigating, finding the person behind everything, and killing them, with people dying in the process sometimes..." He nodded in agreement. "Death is so weird here...sometimes you hear someone has died, and its shrugged off because they'll definitely come back. Then sometimes a worry grows, that they'll be dead forever, since its happened before. Having died three times myself, I've seen that you come back, I've seen the Pool. And on that side, its not scary to be dead. Its just something else to overcome." Dying was a different story. Dying was painful.

With the power of two Portal Deities, it was entirely possible that SIR had the ability to either retrieve people from the Pool or keep them there. "Allowing us to band together would definitely not be to his advantage...and bringing people back who died at his hands would definitely lead to them striking out in revenge instead of trying to listen or talk." He'd definitely act the same way if he ever saw Mr. Dark again.

He took in the words and rubbed his chin, again nodding. "Its easy to lose one's self in one's goals. And his goal is...admittedly admirable. All of my people...all of your people...everyone's people, and their planets, their very universes, being brought back into existence. There is apparently, something...wrong about our existence here. We're fuel for Alpha. Us, and everyone else in every Gamma, we're fuel for Alpha's existence. And I guess, to decide that our planets, universes, and people all die to keep what we have here is...selfish." Perhaps if they had negotiated, their worlds could have been brought back, with those wanting to go back being allowed, and the others could stay. "That's always true too. A test...I hope we didn't fail that one."

Prixlezub agreed that if Sir had knowledge of Alpha, he certainly knew about Omega too, which made sense. Not even they knew Alpha and Omega, especially not by name. "Oh?" Curious in talking to those who had died, then? "Off the top of my head I can think of Samara, Minerva, Jana, Livewire, Kefka, almost every troll, Terra, and Megamind." Although it didn't seem like Prixlezub would talk to anyone on that list, either because they were new people he likely only met a few times, or were people he might not have a good talk with. Jana for sure might not have a good talk with Prixlezub, since he had killed her boyfriend.

"Hm?" He blinked up at the demon. He had caught on that Kev had been thinking on Blade's predicament, and he sighed a bit before he spoke. "Well...I think he might have a few unaddressed issues. I know he has a lot of family issues, With his mom...and his dad...and his cousins. One of them that came here was a psychopath, and the other is the reason why Blade even needs glasses. And there's the alcohol problem...thankfully he's gotten over that though. Although it required a bit of tough love..." So needless to say, Blade was a bit of a bundle of issues. Not to the point of being crazy, but...obviously he'd had a tough time, and time on PB hadn't helped, losing two girlfriends because he got too attached. He sighed again. "At the very least, I hope he doesn't make the same mistakes...he can't afford to. He's lucky he's gotten this far with his mistakes." For all of their sakes, Blade needed to learn and grow.

"Good riddance indeed..." He crossed his arms in thought, and imagined the wizard meeting with the demon. He'd probably get into trouble with him, the same way he had gotten killed by Sir. "He got me and a few others roped in on an adventure that nearly killed us, too. A plushy pterodactyl, evil teddy bears, a bridge dwelling creature that made us answer riddles or else we'd get eaten, and a mysterious man-boy behind everything! Although, for the life of me, I can't remember how it all ended..." What had happened? It was a blur! He chuckled a bit and nodded. "I bet he would have, although I bet it would have also went down as it had with Metal Man. He had a few people attached to him." One of which, used to be Kev.

He gave a firmer nod when Prixlezub spoke. "Yes. I don't like letting things exist if they'll come back and just cause more trouble." Which was why he had such an issue with Ridley. Oh, he said he'd learned from the beating the citizens of Portal Breach gave him, but guess what? Kev didn't get to be among them, and he wanted to be. He wanted to make the dragon hurt, make him rethink ever trying to take over the place or use Phazon ever again. At the same time though, he still felt so...powerless, as if a fight with him would only end in his own death. "Justice seems about right. A...harsh justice, perhaps, but justice all the same." Striking down a threat to himself before it could become a problem. "What counts as a threat, to you? With you being so strong, I bet the boastings of someone weak might get waved off." Although it still might not do well to let someone like that grow stronger to one day defeat him, as he so boasted.

Prixlezub's words made sense. His kind were more militaristic, more inclined to fighting perhaps. If one was weak, they were simply weak, and if they fought one through obstacles, they were only strong. It seemed humans were ones to try and name a certain strength that came with either being afraid and conquering it, or being unafraid. He wondered, for a moment, if Prixlezub were even capable of being afraid. The meanings for courage, that Prixlezub said...Kev found them all to ring true, at least in some way. Strength despite adversity, keeping hope and pressing on through depressing situations, personal strength. And perhaps scary situations weren't a good measure of personal strength. After all, who doesn't get scared at the first sign of danger or death? "I like that...I think I can aspire to be more courageous, in those ways."

"I might be a bit more...hesitant to talk of more recent events, in more public areas, so I can understand that." He surely wasn't clamoring to remember, let alone talk about the Phazon incident. "But, in private, I definitely feel comfortable to discuss these sorts of things with you."

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue May 28, 2013 4:30 am

An endless cycle of destruction and rebuilding, the prince nodded in agreement as he rumbled to the green alien. "It does seem to be the routine in the place, endlessly required to stop some sort of antagonist before they go too far. How interesting it is that those who challenge this place never return, but those who defend it are nearly immortal as long as they pass through a trial?" A rhetorial question, but the point still remained. "Perhaps as long as one has an interest in Portal Breach, they will keep returning, and those who don't... I suppose they allow themselves to let go and disappear. A pity that some who do may leave behind those who still have an interest in them, sooner or later, all will be left behind until there is no one to turn to, and they join them as well." The demon mused, a dark plume of smoke curling from his grill to accompany a low chuckle. "Luckily those who have been left behind have a high tendency to befriend the newcomers to this land." Maybe that was why so many were quick to start relationships when they arrived in the breach, a coping mechanism. Though, there were still others who were similar in their tendencies despite never experiencing loss since being taken here.

The people of this land never really expressed such depth in their relationships either... Hotshot had quickly taken to a coward like Deadsilver shortly after coming here, the same with Metalman. Although, the reason that came about was more than likely she was the only female of their kind within the whole gamma. Otherwise the demon was unable to see anything that was attractive about the Cybertronian. Speaking of which, where had the yellow robot of their triad disappeared off to? Ah, it was no matter, it was one less fool that the prince would have to deal with. Prixlezub turned his attention back to the alien as they returned to the topic of SIR. "Fuel? Hm... That certainly explains Portal-X's charity." No one ever spared another's life out of kindness, there was always some sort of incentive behind it, a purpose. "However, I suppose it is to be expected, the deity being daddy's boy and all." The demon rumbled evenly, though there was nothing that could keep a small amount of venom from entering the prince's voice. Such a meager reason for an existence, he had been better off on The Plane of Mechanical Hellfire. At least there he had more freedom than this place, even with the limitations of the ring that sat firmly clasped through his grill. Here... there was only this plane, this gamma. "It is quite selfish, yes. However... The alternative would have been our destruction, and none of our paths would have met I suppose. Although, even with the help of SIR and Omega, if it was a struggle destroying a mere avatar of Alpha... It is uncertain that our populace alone would have been enough to face him at his full strength." Prixlezub mused thoughtfully. The deity alone could destroy their gamma with a mere mere specter of himself, who knew what his true power was. If the virus was indeed so bent on reclaiming everyone's worlds, that detail alone was a serious miscalculation on their part.

Ah so there were some that would be open to speak about the events that occurred in the pool, hm? "I recognize most of those names, a few of them I suppose I could spare some time to speak with if they are willing to speak about it." Prixlezub remarked evenly. The demon may not have been willing to put up with much of their foolishness, but he could certainly spare some patience if it meant understanding what he missed more accurately. As for Jana, the girl seemed to heal quickly from that event, in fact the demon doubted that she really bonded with the metal boy at all. Either way, the prince found this whole puzzle a little more complete than before. "I thank you for sharing what you remember with me, Kev. Being the last to know regarding major events is quite an embarrassing situation." Much like sleeping through an earthquake. Everyone else knew about houses being jostled, but when you woke... It was simply a mess of fallen objects and confusion until common sense caught up. Speaking of a mess, it looked like Blade certainly had more going against him than a simple jostle.

"I see... That explains a few things then. Though I believe I have been here when Blade was still drinking, and his cousin... Was their name Dex? They were my first fight upon arriving here." Prixlezub stated ponderously. The technopath was an interesting one to defeat... Though he did lack effectiveness in his tactics. In fact, the boy was the very reason the demon despised projectile weaponry like guns in a fight. There was no finesse or passion behind them, simply the pulling of a trigger to knock down a foe. They were lazy devices for those who did not have the will to get close to their adversary and look them in the eye. The prince removed himself from that memory and gave a small shake of his head. "Indeed, with his incompetence I doubt he will survive much longer here. Sooner or later people may wise up to him and finally leave him to wallow in his own pity. Either he changes or he stagnates and starts to rot." The prince decided pointedly. Apparently this Potter person had a history as well with the alien. Ah, but that was to be expected, given Kev's disdain of the wizard. He certainly did not reserve any opinion regarding him, as the alien went on to describe quite an... Interesting adventure. "That sounds like quite a lot of trouble you had to go through, a pity that there is nothing to suggest how it ended. Ah, but even better is that you returned with merely a memory of it, and not a scar, hm?" Prixlezub rumbled reassuringly. Things could have been much worse... The alien could have returned without limbs, or his head. Though what was this? The wizard had a few friends as well? That certainly made sense, even where the demon came from it paid to have a magically aligned ally, especially if they proved competent. "Hm! If his friends are as foolish as he to go with him, I certainly would have no objections to oblige giving them the same fate." He rumbled confidently, a plume of smoke curling from his grill. The bird in the Pool of Souls could certainly do with the company, he supposed.

So, Kev was indeed inclined towards justice if it meant removing a problem completely. He certainly earned the prince's approval with that statement. "Very good, I could never understand those who are willing to let a problem run off to return another day. It does not seem very proactive in maintaining a goal of keeping a place problem free." Unless they were one of those who enjoyed dealing with the same problem over and over again. Those were what the demon considered to be a 'masochistic hero', one who enjoyed picking up after another over and over and over when they had the means to exterminate the problem at its source. The prince indeed was a harsh justice in his own right, but an effective one where he came from. Perhaps if the examples he made did not come back from their deaths, people would be more wise about what they said and how they acted. Once Prixlezub had performed a public execution before his legions, his ferocity alone was enough to set most of them in line, if not all. The reputation that followed may as well have been his cloak and scepter. "A threat?" An odd question, but not one that could not be answered. "Boasting is nothing to get worked up over, no. As for an actual threat... Not many have posed such a circumstance towards me. Those that try are easily cut down. To answer your question, however, I would have to say that the only threat I have faced was back home during the wars. The destruction of my kind, my empire. Here, neither of them exist." The demon replied evenly. On Portal breach, the prince had nothing much to lose. Even if his home had somehow been leveled, the volcanic activity would replenish the demon's territory in time. He created the lava fields himself, after all.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri May 31, 2013 1:52 am

"That is pretty odd...sometimes they stay, but only if they were citizens here before they became all...'take over the world'y. Like that time Hanna was possessed by a God that was inside of him, and it took over Zurg too and even Sonia, Dani, Seph, quite a few people. But because they lived here before I guess, they all came back, that God got sealed away. It was the same way for Ridley, he came back. Mr. Dark though, and Otokoyo's been really quiet, all of those sorts are long gone, which is good because I'd hate to fight them twice..." Yes, the idea that one's attachment to Portal Breach helped them stay did make sense. After all, he had died three times and come back each time, most likely due to how much he wanted to stay.

Prixlezub wrote:"Sooner or later, all will be left behind until there is no one to turn to, and they join them as well."

"I hope things don't get that bad..." That type of thought was the one that would keep him up at night. Wondering if the next time he died, it'd be permanent, wondering if he'd disappear one day, or wondering who would disappear tomorrow. It was hard to tell which was worse too: to be the last one left, or to disappear like the rest at the end. Perhaps disappearing like the rest could be good, if you disappeared to wherever everyone else went. But if not... he focused less on the depressing topic and more on what Prixlezub just said nodding. "Indeed, although in my own experiences I've decided not to get too...attached to newcomers." Sometimes it felt like setting oneself up for disaster.

"Better than being dead and nonexistent at least, right?"" He shrugged. "Plus, it could be worst..." Oh, the horrors of the other Gammas. Imagine if he had been in Gamma Z only for it to get destroyed by the very Portal who made it. He almost wondered where all those people went...let alone the people of Gammas O and G. Hm...selfish desire or destruction and never meeting people here. "While there are people here who I would have loved to have never met, it would have been such a shame to not meet you, or Zurg, or Jo or Leslie..." He trailed off before shaking his head. "The people I've met and like far outnumber those I've met who I'd rather forget." SIR's plan was to unite and fight against Alpha, but what Prixlezub said was true, it was hard enough to fight his Avatar. Sure, with Sir's help maybe it could be defeated earlier, but what did that say about their possibilities of ever fighting Alpha himself? "Very true. Hopefully he won't ever show his tentacled face around here again..."

"Ah, good! And if none of them provide enough information, I could always help you find the ones you aren't familiar with." Kefka for sure would be easy to find. A few of the others, who knows, and you never know until you try! "You're welcome, Prixlezub~! I'd hate to leave you in the dark." That was just rude, and Kev himself never appreciated it. Even if there was a good reason, it just always rubbed him the wrong way to not know. Like he was now at a loss for what to do since he didn't know enough in case something happened.

"You might have, it wasn't too long ago." Ooh, and Dex. Kev remembered him, most definitely. "If its the Dex I'm thinking of, then I had a fight with him too. You see, its...odd...but there's been two Dex's. The first one, the one we fought, was a crazy idiot with guns. The second was still a little crazy but nicer and he apologized for what the other him did. It was odd, I think one of those...alternate universes thingies. He shot me in the face a few times, but I was the one that ended up winning THAT fight~!" A pretty dramatic fight since Dex consistently put Blade down and insinuated that he wanted to mate with Kev...which...was true. And the prospect of Blade leaving...Kev sighed. "I hope he'll change..." He'd rather not lose another friend, but sometimes that was just what happens. Blade had already lost two lovers, had an entire island to run now. If something else happened...something big enough...it could make him snap, and he could leave. He'd promised not to leave him, he'd promised to be a good friend, but sometimes promises became broken.

"Its definitely up there for interesting adventures...and I did get a bit more than just a memory~! I got a few crystals out of it, that I gave to Leslie~ As for scars, my skin usually sheds off so scars never last long. A shame because I believe scars tell amazing stories." Such as the scars Zippy and Cailia had! And Kev wouldn't doubt that Sam or Megamind would valiantly try to save Harry, much like Deadsilver and Hotshot had. The both of them were of a more...'heroic' type, although Deadsilver wasn't quite so and yet she had gone. And despite Kev having once been friends with the Potter, there was as much a chance of him racing to save him as there was of him doing so for Blade. Spoiler alert, the chance was zero. "I still don't understand why Hot Shot and Deadsilver had gone. They couldn't possibly fight you off, just the two of them. All it would do is let them all die and leave Metal feeling responsible, and probably them too, since they had decided to go." It was a lose-lose.

"In some cases, if removing the threat is too dangerous or something, I might not do anything although I always keep an eye out. I prefer to keep tabs on everything that's happening here, and that includes knowing who all is a threat." And threat number one is Ridley the dragon. Perhaps one day...but that was for another time. For Prixlezub was relaying the threats he had encountered here...none of which were actually threats. Made sense to him, as prixlezub was probably one of the largest ones here, and he had no issues showing everyone who was boss and what happened to those who defied him. Who would want to fight Prixlezub, especially now? Who would be such a threat to him? "I see, that makes sense. The destruction of your empire...? And wars?" Prixlezub sounded a bit more prestigious now! "What are those, if you don't mind me asking?"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri May 31, 2013 8:04 pm

The demon pondered over Kev's input, even when the citizens themselves were influenced by an intruding force they were allowed to return. It would make sense that the citizens returned due to their own ties to the gamma, but there were others who were more melancholic about the situation... At least before they left as well. "Indeed, those that have returned despite their defeats more than likely still have some goal they wish to accomplish here, and the will to carry it out. Ridley may still have some plan that has yet to be executed, the Phazon Crisis could just have been a false start, something to measure the strength of the populace before continuing further with something else." Prixlezub rumbled thoughtfully. He had already heard plenty regarding the Phazon incident, there was no reason to ask Kev to recall events regarding it.

Prixlezub tilted a claw musingly, smoke pluming from his maw as he briefly pondered over Kev's reply. "It may and it may not, this outcome depends on the will of the citizens. If their will is weak they may leave, if not they may stay. However all it may do is slow the coming of the inevitable, until then I suggest you enjoy what you have, Kev." He stated evenly. Not everything was made to last forever, not even gammas that were controlled by Portal Deities. In time even this place would crumble and its inhabitants would turn to dust in memory. In fact, many of the newcomers seemed to go through the dust stages quite rapidly. "I see the sense in your logic. Many who arrive here usually go the way of leaving after a few months, it is folly to get into anything too involved with them until they have managed more than a year in this place at best." A few of the newcomers had the consistency of sand rather than stone, from what the prince had observed. Though some of the oldest members in the gamma could have the resilience of metals.

"There are fates that can be worse than death, Kev." The prince replied stoically. "However, perhaps this is not one of them... The problems that this world faces tend to be reversible physically, though mentally most of us learn from them for the better. Gaining better insight is never something that can be considered a cruel fate, unless one has never wished to see it in the first place." There certainly were people that were like that, the demon had even met a few himself without realizing it a long, long time ago. As for those that Prixlezub had met... The ones he tended to dislike outweighed the ones he held favor towards. A pity that most of the ones he liked had long since left the Breach... "I'm sure many feel the same way, Kev. There are few here that I enjoyed the company of as well, though many more of the citizens here hold more of my tolerance than well wishes." The demon rumbled thoughtfully. "However, I have no regrets about meeting them, each brought something of their own to this existence that would not have been experienced otherwise. Although when it comes to their personalities... I've had more than my fair share of insolence and stupidity for a long while." After the first ten billion years, incompetence got old very, very quickly. The demon prince gave but a small inclination of his head in agreement regarding the alien's hopes about Alpha. He would not return here unless Portal X had been killed once more, there was no other reason to bother with the people in Portal Breach. Even the strongest of the citizens here were but mere ants to the massive deity.

Ah, so Kev wished to prove more helpfulness to the demon's curiosities? He certainly could allow that, and quite readily. "Thank you again, Kev. I appreciate your generosity." He remarked contentedly. It was quite rude to be left in the dark about major events, but alas, if no one wished to talk about them there was no real alternative. Luckily there was a certain green alien who did not mind talking about his experiences openly with another. The demon prince had started getting used to more coaxing methods to gain information... Like offering a ride to a certain troll hive. Ah, but information could be some of the greater methods of payment, and the demon's passenger was a fairly good tipper. Speaking of information, it seemed there were two different kinds of Dex.

"I had fought the one who preferred guns and bombs made from trinkets. His defeat was swift." Prixlezub reminisced. "In fact, it was he who had challenged me, so perhaps it was indeed the first version who I had encountered." Otherwise, the demon prince would not have had that fight in the first place. However, upon hearing the alien had beaten the deranged boy brought a chuckle bubbling from his throat. If the alien had the guile and wit to overtake that adversary, Dex may as well have been Blade himself. The Toyaka boy was not much of an opponent either even with his change in species during the time. Apparently an increase in foolishness and an ornery mentality were the only "gifts" that body had to offer. Though as for Blade leaving? It was a possibility, but not one that the prince foresaw anytime soon. If anything he would probably curl up in a corner and cry over it, but to outright leave took an amount of strength in itself. The type that the demon knew Blade hardly had the capacity for given his personality. "Only time will tell, Kev." He remarked evenly. That was all it boiled down to in the grand scale of things.

Crystals? that sounded like a fitting gift for the apple of Kev's eye. "They must have been quite a beautiful gift." As for scars, they did indeed tell a great deal about a person's life. At the same time, it was all the more telling of what they probably still suffered from in the long run. Shedding skin? So Kev's was like a plant and like a reptile as well. "Interesting, I never knew you shed your skin before. Scars tell some interesting stories, yes. Though at the same time, if you are able to shed your scars, it can certainly say something about your own strength." He rumbled musingly. Ah but what was this? Deadsilver and Hotshot were glanced back to again. Though as for their motives for helping Metal Man in the first place... The prince gave a thoughtful hum, the sound making the surrounding snow shudder slightly. "They probably joined out of ignorance. When I returned it had been over a year since I had shown myself or my capabilities. Deadsilver more than likely thought that her experience was enough to try and save the robot. As for Hotshot, he more than likely came along over wishing to help his little crush."

A Lovestruck Fool wrote:"Dead...deadsilver.... I... I love... you...."

He had heard the Autobot's dying words clearly, and even now the prince could not help but give an amused puff at such a foolish decision. "However, it was clear that their intent was to reclaim Metal Man and leave before any further damage was done. An insolent and stupid move on their part, given that death here is not completely permanent. The only thing they accomplished in the end was insulting the terms of our agreement and joining Metal Man in the pool. They all were responsible." The demon rumbled evenly. If Metal Man had not stood up for the Cybertronian he hardly had known, the fight would have never occurred. Just as Deadsilver would have been left alone as well if she had not so cowardly ran off after throwing an poorly thought out quip the demon's way. Both of them were tied together, as were their fates. Hotshot was simply a stubborn third wheel, and a very incompetent one at that. The demon's tail curled idly as Kev mulled over his own way of dealing with threats.

"Observation is a fine way to go about it, so long as the information you glean insight to benefits those more willing to attack. Your mentality is more like that of a scout in that regard. Information gained is of no use if only you are the one who knows it when others can use it to their benefit." Prixlezub remarked thoughtfully. The information would be of even less use if the one carrying it had died. The topic turned to the demon prince once more, apparently Prixlezub had piqued Kev's curiosity about his history. It looks like the demon prince had accidentally slipped a little, but nothing incriminating of course. "My empire... I often mentioned it a long while back in the sanctuary during my first months here. Even more so in my introductions to those unfamiliar with my name. Perhaps you are familiar with Automotive Hell, on the Plane of Mechanical Hellfire? At one time that entire plane belonged to me, as its discoverer and ruler. Later on, I created a territory for my kind and myself. We once were billions strong, a boon when it concerned the many conflicts that were there. Under the ground were the Locomotogephors, a race of massive subterranean demons many times larger than myself. Above were the race of Aeronemnon, masters of the air currents and storms. They were larger than our kind as well, and their wingspans were tens of feet long." He explained, smoke pluming from his grill as he delved through history. "We were at war constantly, along with another faction of my kind, who called themselves The Fallen. Each of our wars spanned thousands of years in the time of mortals, at some points I wondered if we simply were keeping our lines from sheer numbers alone. Though at the same time, we did have a few abilities of our own that allowed for some key advantages."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:16 am

A goal they still wish to accomplish...Kev was afraid that this was exactly what Ridley was going to do. Just look at all the chaos he had done with just the Phazon! Who knew what else he could do from here on out?! However... "From what I heard, Ridley ended up being killed brutally by the others here, and he stayed dead for a while before making his return. Its possible that he might have learned his lesson about trying to enact any plans like that in the future." Or so Ridley had said, that is, although he did seem solemn. Being murdered couldn't have been fun, even if he did deserve it. "Of course, you never know...and if he makes that mistake again, I'll be there." He would strike the dragon down the moment he tried to make more plans.

Depends on the will...will was so hard to judge sometimes. Sometimes it seemed that someone had a strong will, only for it to peel away and reveal someone not nearly as strong as thought, such as the Metro Man who had come and been so easily duped. A will to live and a will to stay was so hard to measure, especially if one tried to become friends only with those who have a strong will. In the end...in the end there was only one thing anyone could do and it was exactly what Prixlezub had said. Enjoy what you have. Whether it was a lover, friends, a home, or just the time between disasters. "Thank you for your advice. I find it to be true, and sensible." Nothing lasted forever, all things end, even on Portal Breach. He nodded as Prixlezub agreed. "I still try to be polite, of course, but nothing close or intimate. And sometimes even those who've been here a while are at risk of disappearing. But happily, sometimes they come back." It was so unpredictable, how a few had actually come back. And not just as someone new, Keaton and Jackle had actually returned, as had Leslie, Zippy and Ophelia. It felt so abnormal.

"I suppose that's true...and in a way maybe staying here and getting to die repeatedly like we can here might be an example." Life elsewhere else usually ended when you died, the one time. Though, Kev would have hated to have died forever, especially the first time, although dying three times wasn't very fun either. However, he got to come back, didn't he? That was a plus! And better insight...Kev again nodded in agreement. "Part of the reason why I prefer life here is because I am not the same as I once was, when I first came here. And I never regret the insight I got."

It was interesting to hear Prixlezub's general opinion on the people he had met here, and of course, he had those who he was happy to see and have known. For the most part though, Prixlezub was pretty detached from most of PB's citizens, and it made sense. Prixlezub still enjoyed those he had met, although it seems the more annoying personalities he had the pleasure of meeting, he had enough of. "A small break from the Sanctuary may do you some good then." If an annoying presence was about, it was best to get some distance and space from it before anything could escalate. "You're welcome, again! I don't mind at all."

Guns and bombs, that was familiar. "Was the bomb a cellphone? I remember him throwing a cellphone at me, but the bomb must have been a dud because it did nothing." This was kinda neat, sharing information on an opponent they both had! "He challenged me too! I think...I might have challenged him. I can't remember. I just remember being shot in the face and kicking him when he finally went unconscious." It felt like so long ago...didn't help either that it was one of the few spars/fights Kev had ever had. And as for Blade...time would tell, indeed. He sighed, but nodded in agreement. "Its best to be completely sure and not assume when one disappears for but a little bit." Sometimes people just needed a break, such as Prixlezub himself! Gone for a while, asleep, but he came back.

"Oh yes, quite beautiful~!" Crystals and diamonds were so tantalizing to look at, the way the light sparkled from them! And oh? Prixlezub didn't know he shed his skin? Though, why would he? They never exactly had a conversation about 'bodily functions', now did they? "Yep, every few months! I'm quite reptilian, hence the uh...temperature precautions." He gestured at his layers. He chuckled slightly at Prixlezub's musing, finding it to be a bit astute. "You flatter me, Prixlezub~! But in some ways, you're quite right, as the same can be said of you." He nodded back at the demon, who, despite having seen many fights and wars, didn't seem to carry any scars that he could see.

Ignorance, huh? "It was ignorant, alright..." Although very true. When Prixlezub had come back, of the three that had died, only one could really understand who they were up against, and that was Deadsilver. Deadsilver, who had a bit of a stubborn streak. Hot Shot came along, both to assist his friend and to help his crush, as Prixlezub had said. And yes, their intentions the moment they left the Sanctuary had been to save Metal Man and keep him from dying, to be a distraction too perhaps, to let Metal get away. "They weren't thinking. They should have known better." That was always easy to say from the outside looking in, though. Still, Kev felt a particular amount of distaste over being ignored by them, even though it was long over and things had been said since. Being ignored was just one of those pet peeves.

Observation, gaining of information, use of it to communicate to others...yes that sounded a lot like Kev! "A scout? Hmm...I'll keep that in mind the next time something happens!" He could offer his help in a way he knew he could assist rather then trying in a way he would inevitably fail at. Prixlezub soon elaborated on his empire and Kev stood up straighter, listening. Automative Hell, on the Plane of Mechanical Hellfire, a term he couldn't remember being familiar with, but he nodded all the same. Didn't want to interrupt with questions when he was trying to explain! "The entire plane?!" He gave the demon a wide-eyed look, impressed, as it sounded quite big. He even discovered it in the first place! The kind that he ruled over were many in size, and the kinds they fought against sounded so...enormous. A burrowing creature under the ground and one that flew and created storms, were the kind that Prixlezub and his kind had to fight against, along with a faction of Prixlezub's kind. "Why are they the Fallen?" Their wars were long and lengthy, it sounded that they had a great many of them. For them to have a good number despite all of the wars was very impressive, and the thing that caught his attention most were their advantages. "What kinds of abilities?"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Oh Kev, people could be great actors when they wanted to be, didn't you know? However, whether the dragon truly wanted to go after the breach again would be seen in time. "Perhaps he has learned his lesson, perhaps he has not. Though when it comes to a situation like this, sometimes it is not exactly what you have learned, but how you put it to use." The prince rumbled musingly. "But yes, I am sure that if he does try to start anything the populace will rise back up like the tides." After all, that was the system here, wasn't it? A constant ebb and flow of events that forced the citizens to react and take up arms. Prixlezub shifted his weight, rolling his shoulders idly as the alien went on to mull over the prince's advice. So he thought the prince's advice to be sensible and true? That certainly was a pleasant discovery. Then again, the demon did not often give much advice.

"You are quite welcome, Kev." He replied evenly. He could not say he disagreed about the older citizens leaving, as even though they had the ability to exist as long as the gamma itself existed... It did not mean they would stay here for that long. "I believe that the older ones here tend to get used to how this place functions, and the charm it once had will begin to fade as the disasters begin to accumulate and turn jaded. How many years would one stay if this place was constantly under fire? You certainly have lived this long in your meadow and you have adapted to survive the events. But those that are weaker... Escape from this place to another that might be more calm seems quite tempting, no? They may not know for sure that another gamma is the right choice for them, but the promise of being somewhere other than here can set the imagination turning." Sometimes even turning into a set of rose tinted glasses. It was not an accurate portrayal of life and logic, and they tended to detach a person in a way that seemed less than healthy for themselves. Ah yes, and the ones that returned... The demon was content to sit back and observe those, given their changeable natures. Were they truly the same person but under an amnesiatic face, or were they just wiped clean of everything and sent back? Either way, it was a fate that the demon never wished to encounter in his life.

Death itself being an example? The demon gave a thoughtful hum at the alien's statement, a plume of smoke curling from his grill and into the frosty air. "Maybe it is, death has a tendency at some times to be seen as a transformation, the destruction of the old self and the emergence of new growth. Now if only the majority who returned from death actually expressed those qualities." The demon gave a curt snort, for all of the lamenting people did over death, they certainly did not have to worry much about their loved one's changing when they returned, even if it is for the better. Kev was right, the demon did need a vacation from the Sanctuary, to spare the rest of the citizens from himself if anything. Though as for the break's length, Kev may have rounded a bit low. "I plan to stay away from that place indefinitely. There is nothing for me there except irritation. Even if the current newcomers do become more mature over time, there will still be new, irritating faces to take their place." The demon explained, shaking his head slightly. "I have already found those who have my approval, I do not need to go looking for more." Let the others fall victim to their silly fantasies and short lived dramatic romances, the prince had no time or interest for it. If anyone truly wanted to seek him out, they would figure out who to talk to.

A cellphone? the prince remembered the trinket was quite rectangular with some sort of screen on it. The shape of it reminded the prince of similar things the demon had seen some other people walking around and talking into. "I think it may have been a cellphone, both of them managed to explode, but they did not do much damage. They may be more of a shock tactic than anything truly crippling. Though on a smaller creature it would be more harmful." He stated, a plume of smoke curling from his maw as he heard that Kev was shot at in their fight as well. "He did the same thing to me, Kev. Though, he was more favoring of my eyes than simply shooting me in the head. I believe he also attempted to attack me with a sword at one point as well. A flimsy thing it was, more for fencing than anything truly devastating. He barely even scratched my hide with it." The prince gave an amused puff at how the alien won the fight. It seemed similar to how the demon prince won his own! Only there was much more stomping and clawing than any true kicks.

Interesting, so the alien was a mix of plant and reptile. That certainly was much different than many of the things the demon had seen. Though that certainly explained why Kev was so bundled even in the demon's warm aura. The alien probably preferred the indoors during the winter, much like the other citizens. "I think many share your dilemma regarding the cold, though not all of them are cold blooded like yourself. People tend to not enjoy the cold very much in general." He remarked observantly. Though when the alien spoke of the demon being of similar strength regarding scarring, he gave a slight nod of agreement. "Yes, you could say that. My hide is quite resilient against damage." He stated, lifting a talon and flexing its digits as he looked back to Kev.

Weren't thinking indeed. "Yes, that seems to be a common trait that the sanctuary brings out in the people who decide to deal with me." He rumbled, smoke pluming from his maw as his lip curled in unamusement. Many who seemed to have "known better" or had age and experience backing them seemed to have dropped it all when they turned to the demon prince. Hotshot had been part of a military force, where was his discipline and training? MetalMan was part of a resistance against the humans, where was his common sense and judgement regarding which enemies to pick? As for Deadsilver... The demon prince never understood how she was sworn into a military type environment like the Decepticons with her attitude. Had he been in charge, he would have executed her on the spot for incompetence. "Deadsilver should not have run away after her quip, and Metalman should have stuck to his own business. Otherwise I would have never challenged him in the first place. Both hotshot and Metalman were too used to the Sanctuary, where their actions only lead to arguments and half hearted sparring. The both of them never considered that their decisions merited any real responsibility or consequence before I got involved." The demon prince rumbled. In short, the both of them had been babied by the Sanctuary's neutral zone rules. If Anyone tried to throw a punch, a shield came up. If there was a challenge, usually it was just for bragging rights. The prince on the other hand, he was never around such mercy back home.

Regardless, it seemed the alien was quite interested in the prince's telling about his home. Or at least the one he had before he arrived here. Prixlezub nodded as Kev grew wide eyed at his mention of the entire plane of Mechanical Hellfire belonging to him. "Yes, though it was nothing that many would find pleasing to own. The land was vast and red, nothing but deserts and jagged mountains as far as the eye could see. Above, the sky was usually a dark crimson when clear, but that was only on occasion. Usually the sky was black with storms that held no rain, only merciless gales and lightning. If one did not watch their step there were pits of acid that would eat the hide of a demon lesser than myself in mere moments." The demon explained, thinking back to that endless waste. "And on some occasions, lightning struck the acid pools and set them ablaze." In short, the prince's home was not a very nice place to begin with even without all the fighting. The demon gave a low hum as the alien went on to ask about The Fallen, or more why they were called as such. "The Fallen is the name we have given them, they call themselves a much more... egotistical title. In the basic tongue it translates to The True Crown. Their faction is made of traitors and deserters that managed to escape our law systems and into the wastes. The Fallen believed that they had a better way of ruling our kind, mainly through my death... Their ranks were smaller than ours, but even though we managed to nearly wipe them out at one point, they still kept returning with more deserters to fill their legions. Even though many of their leaders had died, the idea they had was still enough to keep them going." Prixlezub rumbled evenly. The demon's memory on the other hand was a direct opposite of the prince's calm demeanor. "I had our legions tighten their grip regarding ensure that traitors and deserters were quickly executed and made sure they were made public to make an example, it managed to stem the flow of new demons to their ideals. However, the fact still remained that they were still leaving." Stubborn ideas were hard to break, but they could be suppressed enough to keep them from becoming a reality. Or at least that was the prince's reasoning behind it. If he could, the demon would have executed every line of genetics that were traced back to a single one of the traitors or deserters... But how many resources could the demon spare to weed out a few demons out of billions? Especially while there were other battles to be fought. The best they could do was weed out the ones that popped up, since the root was much too deep to dig out. The carmorph demon's special abilities were another curiosity it seemed. Very well, the prince could certainly elaborate a little. "You see, our kind managed to create things that the two other species did not have. We could create armor, weapons, a means of bringing both locomotogephor and aeronemnon, who had their advantages above and below... to their very knees. Every one that was killed we learned from and developed our weaponry to better crafted towards their defeat." Prixlezub rumbled thoughtfully.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:09 am

"Right...if he tried something again he might be sneakier with it." Sneakier so that no one knew it was him next time. Perhaps with a patsy to act as his mouthpiece...and a punching bag for the citizens. He furrowed his forehead though, that sounded paranoid. Would Ridley try something like that? Well...why wouldn't he? He had no remorse for his actions, beyond what had happened to himself, and he didn't seem to care. The idea of him doing something behind the scenes...it made him bristle. It made him scared. "No matter what, we'll be there." Maybe Ridley needed to be talked to...or to be beaten down a few pegs. Either way, Kev had was conflicted, between wanting to stay away from Ridley and wanting to strike him down and scream at him.

At Prixlezub's shifting, Kev shifted as well, knees uncurling to stretch out in front of him, giving his back a brief stretch accompanied by a crack. Yes, the longer one spent here, the more they became used to the functions of their world. What was once terrifying and surprising could become routine, although sometimes something new would come up and toss a little 'unpredictable' in their lives. Whether that was good or bad though...depended on who you asked. The longer someone stayed here, the more jaded they seemed to become, and what Prixlezub said was true, a new place without such disasters did start to sound promising at some point. The difference though... "Every place has its hang ups. Some are obvious, others aren't. We have a good enough deal here in Portal Breach. The only place to go to are the other Gammas, which are worse. I agree with what you are saying, its just that their wrong in their temptation. Although that's the whole...thing about temptation, isn't it? That you want it even if it doesn't make sense."

Indeed, death was a transformation, like a caterpillar emerging from a cocoon to become a butterfly. If...you know, the caterpillar had to die first in order to change. "Probably helps that death usually involves going through some sort of trial. Learning an important lesson. Just a shame that it seems to be temporary." He knew even he could probably be forgetful with his lessons learned in death. He would try his best, however. It wasn't always that others did so. Prixlezub's response was met with a tilt of the head. "Indefinitely?" That...basically meant forever, right? That was...well, he was sure the others in the Sanctuary would probably be relieved, but Kev couldn't help but be a little sad. No more late night singing! However, now that they were getting to know each other more, maybe they could meet outside of the Sanctuary more often. "If you ever need any information about anything going on in the Sanctuary, I wouldn't mind keeping you informed."

Aha, so it likely was a cellphone! That cinched it, they had fought the same Dex. "Why a cellphone of all things..." Such an odd choice for a weapon, though this was coming from an alien with flamethrower gloves. "Yes...perhaps something to startle his opponent into letting their guard down." No one expects a cellphone to spontaneously explode. "He shot your eyes?! Ouch!" He winced sympathetically. And a sword? "As if a sword could do more than a paper cut for you." He snorted. If he had ever tried to fight Prixlezub, he honestly had no idea what he would do. Use fire? Right, that would be effective. Perhaps a mental attack or two could do something, but he didn't like that idea.

He nodded, yes, most people did not like the cold. A lot of Portal Breach's citizens were mammalian, with their own body temperature regulation. Although without the proper care or clothes, a mammal can still easily freeze to death. "I know some people like to play around in the snow, but for the most part yes, they stay inside and keep warm. If only we all could be on fire! But then, does that make summer very warm for you?"

"The Sanctuary seems to bring that out in a lot of people." Sometimes even himself. Yes, there was no single one mistake, all of them had made a mistake of some kind that lead to their shared fates, although Prixlezub's insight on them being spoiled by the Sanctuary's usual no violence was interesting. Perhaps that explained why he himself had tossed a lamp at Gaara that one time...he had never really had any fights in the Sanctuary, so when an action actually lead to something much more...it was surprising. Actions and words have consequences, and it was a hard lesson to learn sometimes. "Perhaps now, they know better."

The environment that Prixlezub went on to explain was so...so... "Harsh..." Despite that, he was awed, although stunned. "Sounds like there's not a lot of water there. Do your kind not need water to live?" Most creatures needed a good dose of water every so often in order to work and live. "Acid...acid on fire...wow. It sounds so dangerous!" How terrible to go out for a stroll only to accidentally land in a pit of acid. And so the Fallen was a nickname, the race themselves called themselves...the True Crown? He blinked, although the continued explanation brought clarity to the name. "Aah, so they were a group of rebels. Rather than trying to fight you and your's, they should have joined together against those others." Sounded stubborn too. No matter how many Prixlezub and his army took down, there were always more. "Well, gotta give them one thing! They're very persistent." Prixlezub took some...precautions to keep the numbers down for them, by killing deserters and traitors rather than let them live. "Oh..." It sounded so violent, but...you do what you have to do in a war. Right?

"They didn't have armor or weapons against you? Maybe they were just too arrogant to think they'd need any assistance beyond their own capabilities." As powerful as those capabilities could be. "Constantly getting better and stronger, hm?" Rebuilding their weapon to be stronger and more effective.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:18 pm

The prince nodded, "Such is the way of adaption, Kev. If we can do it, so can he." He rumbled evenly. Or at least, that was how things usually went. Whether the space dragon would actually start scheming again or leave the citizens be would be told only with time. Prixlezub could not help but notice a small shudder from the alien, subtle, but there all the same. Was this information truly that frightening? As long as Kev kept his head on his shoulders, he would not turn into a patsy or tool for the dragon or whatever minion he decided to employ. his house was out of the way, far from all the bustle of the city where the information seemed to conglomerate. The only people the dragon could take under his employ would be those that agreed with his motives or simply were very ignorant to his history. Neither of which described the alien's friends. Ah, but nonetheless, they both had lingered on the topic of Ridley long enough.

Temptation was indeed one of those things that never made much sense, and yet there it was. "The thing about temptation is that it preys upon the weak willed. One can have all they long for in the world here, and yet if something a little better comes their way, they may follow it in a heartbeat out of promise. They will forget logic and sense, and they may even toss away a relationship for the sake of 'greener pastures.' The older citizens are an example of this. They have been around for a long while, made friends both close and distant, even survived many more disasters than many others here. Yet, they leave." The demon stated thoughtfully, smoke curling from his grill as he mulled over a thought. "Even if one has stayed for so long, what meaning has it if the person has no strength to stay and hold onto those that matter? Friends are seen as lesser to family even if the family is but friends themselves. Further, what is family to the interests of the self? For many they see the self as more important than family and friends combined." He explained slowly, chewing over a few cases that were reminiscent of the demon's philosophy. Hellboy for one had left without even a word to his friends, taking his family and disappearing through the portals. Barry disappeared without a word, leaving the shop and what friends he had in the dust. Though the armor certainly had his own quirks, the prince surmised. What was a constant was they all chose the permanent route away from this place, away from those who cared as well.

The demon allowed that fact to tumble around in his mind for a few moments, before turning his attention back to Kev. Indeed, it was helpful that there were trials one had to go through before returning to the land of the living. "I suppose that many will forget their lesson in favor of returning to what they know. To learn something is one thing, but to change comes from within. Perhaps it is not that they forget their trial, but simply do not wish to follow their lessons." In short, people could be quite stubborn. Much like how the prince was towards returning to the Sanctuary, or not returning, in this case. Yes, the prince was content to never return to that place, as for the others, they could do as they wished for all he cared. "Yes, indefinitely." He confirmed. While there would indeed be no more late night singing, there would be no more more irritations as well. Besides, there was much more to this place than a single building in the city. "I would not mind that at all. Thank you, Kev." Prixlezub rumbled appreciatively.

Yes, Dex was quite a strange opponent. Not really what the demon would call "interesting", but certainly strange. "He probably used a phone since they were portable and an everyday device. Though the shrapnel it gave off alone was hardly anything to be fearful over." Plastic, bits of melted metal. It was nothing that some thick clothing could overcome. "Yes, the eyes. Many seemed to enjoy that target for a while. My adversaries probably did so out of desperation for trying to land a crippling blow. Regardless, I could still detect them just fine even without my sight. It is a strange thing Kev, at first it used to hurt when someone would blind me, now it is barely a pinch when one removed my sight. I suppose I adapted to it over time." Prixlezub stated, curling his tail around his claws. The alien was quite right though, a mere sword was not much to damage the prince's tough hide. In fact, even Deadsilver's talons did not harm the prince much during his fight with her. Though if Kev planned to attack the demon mentally... Well all there was for him to do was to try and see if it worked.

"The summers here are quite warm, but nothing that I cannot handle. My homeland was much warmer this this climate, the hottest summer day here I feel as being quite mild in comparison." The demon replied, a small gust slapping his mane and making it crackle and billow. Though a demon of a different elemental alignment might have said differently. Though in the Sanctuary it seemed that not even the weather or season could stem the amount of stupidity that usually was roused there. "They have learned, but only for a short while. After some time has passed, they will grow used to merely spitting paper-thin words at each other with no merit behind them. Especially since my presence will no longer be there." He surmised. That building always did seem to get very quiet once he had walked in anyway, even if he heard a bustling conversation just outside the walls before walking in. Apparently no one wanted the prince to hear their idle gossip about things and people he didn't really care about. The prince gave an incredulous puff from his grill at the thought, but it was nothing really to dwell on.

The alien's questions regarding the demon's homeland were... interesting. "No, we do not need water to survive. Our sustenance comes from the life energies that our prey provides and ores." He explained. "None of our weather patterns even bring water to our plane. They are merely winds and lightning. The clouds themselves are composed of the dust and debris that gets blown into the sky." Hardly the type of place anyone would want to visit. The demon nodded at Kev's observation. "Yes, that would have seemed the logical choice. But alas, they did the opposite. Some parts of their legions began to try and align themselves with the Locomotogephors and the Aeronemnon. Sometimes their negotiations went well, though the other two races never did stick with them for long. Many that did align themselves only did so to gain enough trust to be given weaponry and armor of their own before they betrayed them. The ones that were more loyal were merely their patsy for an attempt at air or subterranean superiority, or they left due to discrimination by the other demons; our kind and theirs." He explained, smoke curling from his maw as he reviewed that strange scenario. "Regardless, many more did not wish to align themselves with the deserters of my kind, they had their own interests that needed to be fulfilled." Still, they were persistent in what they wanted, as Kev had said. Though, the demon shook his head slightly when the alien asked if the other two races had weaponry. "The hide of a Locomotogephor is much thicker than my own, and the Aeronemnon had the ability of swift and agile flight. Both were larger than us and had their methods of strategy that suited them, so they believed that they had no reason to hide behind shields or use ingenuity like we had. However as I said earlier, there were those who stole armor and weaponry we developed for an advantage. Though our ingenuity was not something either Locomotogephor or Aeronemnon could use." The prince lifted a claw and tapped it to the ground. "You see, unlike the other races, our kind was imbued with a force called the elemental chaos. It is what gives me my fire element, an acid demon their acidic element, and an electrical demon their element. We made our weaponry and armor to serve only those who had the same make-up as we did, the elemental chaos." He explained evenly, letting his claw rest flat against the ground once more.

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:45 am

Prixlezub was unfortunately right. Adaption was a two way street, if they could adapt than so too could their enemies. Probably why most enemies were better off dead, right? "I'd like to see him adapt his way out of being killed..." If he knew what was good for him, he'd stop with the evil plots and just stay in...wherever he lived. A spaceship or something, right? However, Ridley had been lingered on long enough, and Kev was willing to change the subject.

Temptation was a terrible thing, always was and always would be. It often took many forms, and in this discussion, the form was a new home. Free of disasters, filled perhaps with people one was more familiar with as was the case for those with entire families now gone, a new place. "That's the only thing I regret about this place, is that that happens so much." The constant disasters were definitely a chore, but they also seemed to bring people together for a while. They were also part of the balance, for all of the good things they got to experience there needed to be some bad. Sometimes it got really bad. But that meant they'd get really good in return, right? And then Prixlezub began to ponder over family, which got his attention quite clearly. Especially the mention of family being made up mostly of friends. "I must admit that the concept of family is one that has always been weird to me. For a while I thought I finally understood it...but it was wrong." He should have known better than to become part of a family, a brotherhood when he saw how most families on Portal Breach ended in heartbreak.

"I love Leslie, and I care for Ophelia, but love and caring is not family. Family doesn't...work very well here. Vlad, Amber, Phantom, and all of their's are gone now. The trolls, Thomas, and Terra are estranged now. Hellboy and his family...the only families that still seem to be active and alright are Zurg and Jo's family, Leo and Alex's, and OV and Swindle's." He pondered again over the demon's words. "Friends could be considered less important than what one considers 'family', but for family to be ignored and brushed off too..." He shrugged. "Then again, I don't really know much aside from what I've observed." He wasn't one to decide what was true family behavior or not, right?

It made sense, what was already known is comfortable, familiar. Change though? "Change can be scary, but it is necessary. All one needs is the right direction, and the right push." And Prixlezub's sabbatical from the Sanctuary was definitely indefinitely. Perhaps sad to hear, but at least Prixlezub was not leaving this Gamma entirely. That much could be appreciated. "You're welcome!" He saluted the demon. "I'll try to make sure its important information!" Something told him that news pertaining to the current relations of Portal Breach might not interest Prixlezub.

"It definitely has a little bit of shock value. As you said, its portable and an everyday object. No one expects a cellphone to suddenly explode. If he had used it as a distraction rather than an attack itself, he probably would have done better. Throw the cellphone, get their attention on that, and when they're stunned by the explosion, strike." Gah, why were eyes always struck during a fight? He didn't have any experience of it being done to himself, but Prixlezub sure did! Sure, without eyes one can't see, but its such a painful, desperate move! "With your hearing and sense of smell, right? Besides, you might accidentally--or not so accidentally--step on someone while moving about in your blinded state!" Yes, lets blind the giant demon! He cringed as the demon spoke of becoming used to losing his eyesight, what a sorry fate to have to get used to such a thing! Of course, the same could be said for his getting used to dying. "Maybe one day, you'll get to blind someone in a fight as payback." Not really something he'd like to dwell on, but it was the only thing he could think of to say to the demon as comfort.

So summer had no real effect on the demon's body. "That's good! It sounds like your harsh environment has prepared you for just about everything." Wars upon wars, devastating hot temperatures, acid lakes. Very little could stun the powerful demon after living, surviving, and ruling over such a world. "Maybe someone else will come along and start challenging people in the Sanctuary to fights." He could already think of a few people offhand who seemed to instigate fights frequently.

Oh, oh! Back to Prixlezub and his homeworld! "Faaascinating~" He cooed, leaning in and holding his head up with both fists. "Almost every other lifeform I've met needed water to live. All you need are...life energies and ores?" Life energies? Did that mean...soul? Yeouch, but guess he wasn't called a demon for nothing! "Then I guess your plane lacks forests, hm?" A shame. Clouds made of dust and debris, a large difference from the clouds here, who seemed...cleaner. The Fallen tried to align themselves with the other two species, only to be used and betrayed. Although they were the Fallen, they were still the enemy for those two, so it only made sense. He watched the larger creature's head shake, no weapons then? A Locomotogephor had hide that didn't need a shield or protection and Aeronemnon could fly and dodge.

And then the extra juicy part. Elemental chaos. Three guesses which element was Prixlezub's elemental chaos! The other possibilities seemed to be acid, which matched with that special saliva of Layla's, and electricity. "Are those the only elements of elemental chaos, or are there more?" Aha! So their weapons and shields could only be used by those of elemental chaos! Electricity shield and weapons, fire, acid! "That's clever! I bet the Locomotogephor and Aeronemnon were angry when they realized they couldn't used their stolen weaponry."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:02 am