Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Red and Green, What A Scene!

Post by Prixlezub on Tue May 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Time: 2:00 PM
    Date: February 15, 2013

The meadow always looked so serene in the winter, its rolling hills blanketed with the white of fallen snow. Or at least, that was how the prince had thought of it when he sometimes lumbered through the grasslands. His footfalls disturbed the cold landscape, steam hissing sharply as it rose from beneath his claws and hooves. A natural buffer that only preserved the grass beneath for a short time before it too was charred in the demon's passing. It was not too long before the prince paused before what looked to be a small stone wall, nearly hidden beneath the winter snow. The diminutive structure hardly came up past the prince's claw, and was easily stepped over as he walked into what was now Lover's Meadow. The demon took pause for a few moments as he looked over the alien's property, the hills just as soft and rolling as the rest of the area, but with a few differences.

Mainly the multicolored livestock that were roaming about near a small cottage.

Pink, purple , red, blue... It looked as if the alien had animals that were all colors of the rainbow! Although, that was not the only thing that the demon saw; a llama was among the group, though its coloration seemed to lack the splendor that the sheep possessed. His gaze turned to the cottage, a small structure made of stone and covered with vines. Save for the glass windows, it reminded the demon of a few structures he had witnessed on the material plane. A nice rollback compared to the monstrous towers in the city, with their ever burning neon lights and screens. A black plume of smoke curled from the demon's grill as he ventured forward, turning to follow the road that lead to Kev's home. The heat from his claws melted away the snow, revealing it to be made of dirt instead of asphalt like other roads the demon had traveled along. His gaze flicked back to the cottage, noting that there seemed to be some life inside. The faint glow of a life energy source moved around inside, perhaps two if the walls managed to hide a second one. The overcast skies seemed to hide any other signs of movement in the house, darkening the inside of the house.

Prixlezub stopped at the edge of the drive, keeping his distance to avoid damaging the simple looking dwelling. There would be no need to knock on the door to announce his arrival, as his voice would suffice well enough.

"Kev, are you home? It is I, Prixlezub. I have arrived for our casual meeting." His voice made the snow upon the roof shudder and slide to the ground with a hearty plop. The rest of the house seemed to be affected slightly as well, windows rattling softly in their frames.

The animals were probably none too pleased with the demon's greeting as well.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Red and Green, What A Scene!

Post by Kev on Wed May 08, 2013 4:19 am

Inside of the little cottage was a Kev, sound asleep on the couch. Oh, he had not forgotten about his meeting with Prixlezub, quite the opposite! He had woken up bright and early, sat himself down on the couch and peeked out the window every time he heard a noise. He was excited, perhaps too excited, but its not everyday that a demon like Prixlezub takes you up on an offer to get to know you more, and let you get to know him more! Some might say that Kev should not want to fraternize with the demon that had killed several people he knew, cared for, or were on good terms with at least. However, Kev didn't really split hairs too much if he himself had a good relationship with the perpetrators. Not to say that Kev liked that Prix killed people, of course not. But he'd done what he could to convince those killed that they shouldn't have done what they did. He did what he could, it didn't work, and that was the end of that.

Prixlezub was always someone Kev was interested in anyways. Perhaps his interest in him started during Mr. Dark, when the two of them had a short, but fiery stroll through the city. Prixlezub was a bright, fiery, foreign demon, not to mention strong. There was also something almost...charismatic about him. Just, the polite way he carried himself. He didn't run into the Sanctuary and gore people with his horns, he settled down in the corner and spoke pleasantly to those he deemed worth it.

Kev snorted softly in his sleep and hugged his cat closer to his chest, unaware of the demon's appearance right outside his window. Soon enough, with Prixlezub's reverberating voice, he managed to grab Kev's attention. Well that, and the claws from the startled cat. "Mrew!"

"Nyggh!" He grumbled sleepily and pried the cat off. "Shally..." What got into her? Wait...who was that? "Prixlezub..." Kev sat up and rubbed at his eyes. "Nn...coming Prixlezub!" Why did he have to fall asleep? How long was Prix waiting outside for him? Not long, or so he hoped. He stood up and put on a jacket, hat, and a scarf, since it was still coldish outside. He strolled out of the the door, getting in a few stretches as he made his way to the demon. "I'm sorry, I accidentally fell asleep. I didn't keep you waiting long, did I?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed May 08, 2013 4:56 pm

The demon could hear some muffled mewls inside, undoubtedly a frightened pet. Though what came next was not exactly muffled as the demon picked up on a few stray thoughts from the groggy alien. Grumbling, a name... Shally? Was that the name of the cat he heard within the cottage? The prince watched and waited as Kev emerged from the front door of his home, bundled in winter clothing. So, the cold affected him as well as the other human-like mortals. Not surprising given Kev's lanky form, but the imagery of such a puffed upper half compared to his slender legs was amusing. However, if the green alien thought that Prixlezub was kept waiting, he would be pleased to hear the demon's reply to such a concern.

"Do not worry Kev, you have not kept me waiting for long. I have just arrived in fact." He rumbled in reassurance. By now the snow around him had melted and turned to steam, and the grass beneath it had been cooked to a crunchy brown. The demon prince glanced down at his imprint upon the lawn that was part of Kev's meadow. Perhaps it would be wise to find another place to talk, to leave a dead patch in the alien's lawn so soon would be quite rude on his part. Until then, the demon stepped over to the road, carefully placing his claws and hooves on what he could tell to be dirt, before sitting comfortably. Of course, right after the demon had settled on the road a thick plume of steam rushed up his flank and clouding his form partially for a few moments. Once the loud hiss died down, the prince spoke once more.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing, if I have been running late. I hope have not kept you waiting for too long." The prince stated courteously. He curled his tail close to his body, trying to keep what ground he burned into a contained radius. The alien never really was the type to speak out against him, and his attempts to keep his friends from falling to the demon's claws were effective at the minimum at best. At least, given how many did not seem to take the alien's advice, it seemed to be the least effective method. However, given Kev's nature, the demon did not see him jumping into battle very soon for the sake of a dim-witted acquaintance. To see that the alien was not so foolish to evoke the demon's wrath made his presence pleasantly tolerable, with his penchant for conversation.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat May 11, 2013 12:51 am

As he walked towards the demon, he noted how he had avoided stepping on the lawn, instead waiting at the edge of the road. he couldn't help but wonder why, but only for a brief moment. He paid attention to the demon instead, listening. Oh good, he'd only just arrived! "Great! Thanks for coming out, too! Do you...want anything? Although I guess anything I could get you would be really tiny..." The mental image of Prixlezub handling a tiny tea cup with his claws was amusing. Besides, from what he knew about Prixlezub's eating habits, he doubted they had anything in the cottage that would be to his tastes. Leslie wasn't much a fan of meat.

Kev's answer as to why Prixlezub didn't step onto his lawn was given when he looked down. The snow around Prixlezub had melted, the grass underneath charred to a crunchy brown. The demon moved over to the dirt road, although a large plume of steam rose around him, Kev waving his hands in front of him to dissuade it. Perhaps he didn't have to dress up so much to keep his warmth, if he stayed near Prixlezub he might not even have to worry about the heat! "Thanks for not doing that to the lawn." He nodded his head to the charred patch.

Hm? Running late? "As far as I know, I don't think so. I just woke up earlier and waited by the window. I didn't have much to do today anyway, you didn't keep me waiting any longer than I made myself wait! I'm just pretty excited." He tapped his fingers together sheepishly, hoping he wasn't sounding too much like some clingy fanboy. He had been interested in the demon for a while, and this chance to see him outside of the Sanctuary and get to know him was practically a once in a lifetime opportunity!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat May 11, 2013 3:23 am

An offer? The demon gave a brief thought to what the alien could offer him in terms of commodities. He was not the type for liquids, and from what the prince had observes upon arriving, there did not seem to be any cattle or meat animals. Unless one counted the sheep, but given their coloration, the demon figured that they were hardly for consumption. Not to mention Kev probably would protest over the sacrifice of the small herd he had already. He turned his attention back to the green alien, "No thank you, Kev, I am quite fine." The demon remarked courteously. "Though, perhaps you may wish to bring over a chair so you will not have to stand in the snow."

It would be a shame for Kev to have to stand while the prince was seated so comfortably. He could even place it within the radius of the demon's heated aura to save himself from the cold. The dirt that was un-scorched had dried to a hard dust at the edge of the demon's radius, a suitable place to sit if the alien decided to. Though, speaking of burning the ground... Prixlezub gave a small hum regarding the patch of browned grass. "Ah, yes. I am afraid I cannot control that. Perhaps if I had stayed to the road your lawn would not be marred." He rumbled apologetically. Perhaps later on during the coming years that patch would regrow, compared to what could have happened if the demon had not moved to the side when he did. During droughts, the demon could cause a brush fire just by dipping a single talon into a patch of grass.

So, the alien had been waiting for him since he had awoke this morning? How... Interesting. "I see. Well, as long as I have not made you wait longer than you would have allowed yourself to wait, I may have arrived on time after all." He remarked evenly, a glint shimmering over his eyes. There was no need to be sheepish, Kev, not many were able to see the prince outside of the sanctuary and live to tell about it. The prince himself had not seen Kev much outside of the sanctuary much either. He could consider it a doubly lifetime opportunity. "Which brings me to ask, what is it that you usually do on days that you do not expect company to your beautiful home?"

Tending to the animals was what the prince thought, with what he remembered about the more rural-inclined folk. Then again, the man was also a scaly green, spoke with his mind, and for the most part did not express much overwhelming fear and intimidation! Perhaps Kev could give the demon a small surprise with what he did on a normal day.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat May 11, 2013 4:47 pm

"Ah, good! I'd hate to sit here, photosynthesizing while my guest starves." That would just be rude, although with his body covered up, he wouldn't be synthesizing too much anyway. He tilted his head, pondering. A chair? A chair would be nice, but most of their chairs were for indoor use only, and he'd hate to ruin them with the snow or, Gods forbid, rain. "I'm fine with standing!" Although his eyes noted the areas of grass that remained un-scorched, yet were snow free and dry, even dusty! He made his way to one of those patches and sat down, crossing his legs and placing his hands on his knees.

"Oh, its fine! You can't control your temperature any more than I can. That little bit right there is fine, it'll grow back. The sheep don't graze over here too much anyways. At least the rest of the lawn is fine, and the cottage intact!" It was better than firing turrets into the forest, chasing the sheep, or whistling loudly. Although Kev noted that perhaps, if they meet up again in the future, they could meet up someplace...not so flammable.

Prixlezub didn't seem too disturbed by the news that Kev had practically woken up and waited for him like he was some giant, flamey Santa Claus. There was a curious glint in his eyes, but other than that he seemed quite unperturbed. Maybe even amused? "I can't remember if we had a certain time we wanted to come up with anyway, so you're fine." Oh yes, to not only be seeing Prix, but to be seeing him for a little meeting and mutual getting to know each other...well who else could boast to be able to do such a thing?

"Oh, well, first of all, thank you for calling it beautiful!" He giggled a little bit, looking back at the cottage. "Neither of us really built it so much as we found it, but we still fixed it up rather well! A beautiful cottage to go with a beautiful lady~" The green skin of his face got a bit greener, until he moved on to actually answering the question the demon had asked. "Well, when I'm here I look after the sheep, Llama, the cat, and the dogs. The cat and the dogs usually eat about two times a day. Sometimes three if its a special occasion. I also have some plants I've been looking after inside, although they're still tiny, little saplings." Most of the outside plants had been killed in the Phazon Crisis, although a few managed to survive, such as an Aloe plant that had nostalgic value. "When Spring comes around and the snow melts, I'll probably plant them in the ground or in the greenhouse."

"I also have a job in the City, at Zippy's little store called the City Noise! I work there with Jana, and Minerva, and of course Zippy." It was a rather fun job too, although there were still things about music that he didn't quite understand. "We all go in in the mornings, and we alternate who's there in the afternoon. So mornings can be pretty busy for me, but then the afternoon, such as this, it opens up!~ Sometimes I don't go in the morning at all, such as today, but I'll make up for it by going in the afternoon a few days in a row. Its kinda easy to split up the work with 4 people working there now." And besides, whatever brought in the money was fine with him! "What about you, what do you usually do when you're not in the Sanctuary or visiting aliens in their cottages?" He didn't imagine Prixlezub had a job, at least not one he'd ever heard about before, but maybe he had a few hobbies!

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat May 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Photosynthesizing... That certainly was interesting way to gain energy for the day. Not to mention the demon had not really heard of such an action before coming here. "Interesting, how exactly does one go about the action of photosynthesizing?" He inquired carefully. Prixlezub was knowledgeable in many things, including what effects certain plants could place on the body of a lesser mortal, but as for their mechanics? The prince had not taken the time to learn so far as to how they functioned. Concerning Kev, he looked nothing like a plant save for his green coloration to begin with. The demon watched as he sat down before him, hands upon knees and legs crossed. So, he preferred to sit on the ground, very well.

Ah, good. The sheep were not the type to graze around the front of the house anyway, from what Kev mentioned. Prixlezub gave but a low, agreeing rumble with the alien's statement, the sound resonating within the air, and possibly within the green man's belly as well. In hindsight, perhaps there should have been an agreement first as to where they would meet, so that Kev would not have to sit at home staring out the window. As for the time, it seemed that an exact one had not been agreed on either, simply an interest in meeting in the afternoon. The demon would have to make it a point next time to make sure that everything was accounted for, instead of such a chaotic schedule as this. "I see, perhaps in later meetings we should plan further than a date." The prince rumbled thoughtfully.

Such a bubbly creature, the demon pondered as Kev appeared flattered at his compliment. Even in private the alien retained his sociable, outgoing manner. And what was this about a lady? Kev had never mentioned anything before about them. "Oho, and who is the lucky lady who has taken your heart?" The demon asked warmly, a chuckle rumbling from his throat. Plants, animals... It seemed the alien had a fancy for both, given the amount described. "I see, they shall be a nice addition to what you have already around your home." The demon rumbled, noting the dormant vines and bushes that were on and around the alien's home. Oh, but what was this, the alien also worked in the city? The demon was familiar with Jana and Zippy, but as for Minerva... the demon had not heard such a name before. Perhaps she was one of the newcomers that appeared in Portal Breach every so often. The shifts seemed easy from what Kev described, and quite flexible as well.

"Ah, I am familiar with Zippy and Jana. The store you have described however... I may have heard it in passing, but I have never heard much about it." Zippy had been the first to mention it, though after that it did not seem many talked much about it in his presence for a long while. Perhaps it was due to the demon's presence in the sanctuary, or the store was simply not that interesting to speak of. Though given the name of it, it probably had something to do with sound, perhaps music even. The demon's thoughts were brought back to the conversation as her heard Kev ask him about his own daily routine. Indeed, the prince did not do much in the means of a job, but as for what he usually did... The demon mulled over the question for a few moments. Of course the demon was not about to just blurt out that he usually planned or added to current schemes he plotted out in passing, picking and choosing which path to follow. No, that would not do at all given the alien's nature to gossip in the sanctuary. The demon gave a low rumble, smoke pluming from his grill before replying. "I stay to myself for the most part, Kev. When I am hungry, I hunt. When I wish for socialization and company, I will seek it out in the city. Though the sanctuary as of late has been losing my tastes for conversation. I do not see myself frequenting there much longer. Anything I require I find for myself off the land; ore from the caves, game from the forests and fields... Anything more complex or past my abilities I will seek someone out to aid me with." Prixlezub explained simply. The demon was not exactly the most interesting of citizens here, unless he was up to something.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue May 14, 2013 9:37 pm

Ah, photosynthesis. Always a very interesting thing to explain to others, although sometimes it got a bit confusing. But he would try his best to explain to Prixlezub! "Its pretty easy, really. I bare some skin, stand in the sun for a while, keep well hydrated, and inside of me, in a way I don't completely understand, the sunlight and water is converted into energy, much like a plant. The more skin bared, the more sunlight absorbed. Sometimes if the sunlight is not good enough, I'll use a sun lamp, especially for those times of the year where everything goes terrible. Its pretty useful, and I don't have to pay for it!" Or in Prixlezub's case, run out and catch something delicious and meaty.

Kev patted his knees briefly before they tensed at the sound of a very deep rumble. Realizing it was coming from Prixlezub, he cocked his head to the side, wondering what caused such a very deep noise. Perhaps he was happy not to be late? You know, that rumble sounded remarkably like Shally when she was content! If Shally was huge and had a hint of 'car' to her purring. He nodded in agreement and added, "We could also meet up somewhere where you won't have to worry about burning anything! Like maybe the wastelands, everything's already dead there. Although I'm still fine meeting up here too, just a suggestion." He shrugged, not minding one way or the other too much.

Oh, Prixlezub didn't know about Leslie? That made sense though, Leslie didn't get out to the Sanctuary as much as she used to in the old days, and in the old days, Prixlezub was usually busy with his own things. "Leslie O'Rinn, she's a moon fae with yellow eyes, pale skin, and purpley hair.~" He clasped his hands together and made a content sigh. "This September will be 3 years that we've been together!" How time flies, sometimes! He inclined his head to the demon humbly. "Thank you."

Jana and Zippy, Prixlezub knew. Minerva, sounded like he didn't. Made sense since she seemed to keep to herself a lot lately. The store, he had likewise heard very little about. "We should really get on the ball about the store...Jana and I had an idea once to make a commercial for the store to get it 'out there', you know?" Of course, it was doubtful that Prixlezub was a frequent watcher of television. Prixlezub kept to himself a lot too, hunting when hungry, seeking company from the city when he felt like he needed it. The Sanctuary, however, was running out of favor with Prixlezub. He noted that that seemed to happen with people sometimes, such as with Jo, although that was after a fight. Had Prixlezub had a fight too? ...Besides the usual fights? Or maybe even because of them. Prixlezub took care of himself and lived off the land, only seeking out help when needed.

"Your life sounds very self-sufficient!" Unless he really had to, he had no one he had to rely on or answer to, probably a life that an independent demon would want. There did seem to be something missing, however. "Do you ever get...lonely though? You said you go to the city when you want some company, but you also say that conversations in the Sanctuary aren't as fun for you anymore. You're fully able and allowed to stop going, but...it sounds like you'll end up becoming pretty lonely too."

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed May 15, 2013 5:38 pm

What an interesting way of gaining energy, and a fairly easy one at that! Kev did not have to go and hunt or forage, he simply sat out in the sun and drank water. A method that apparently was shared by plants as well."I see, your methods sound very relaxing and efficient. Does it take very long for you to Photosynthesize, or is it a fairly quick process?" The prince asked, intrigued with such a strange method of acquiring food. Many of the creatures he had come across were more likely to hunt or graze than sit in the sun and absorb energy, while others like himself... They tended to absorb the energy that other creatures already had in them.

And it seemed Kev was well aware of that, given the sudden tensing at Prixlezub's rumble. Strange, the alien had never done that before while he was in the sanctuary, though there he had much more protection since it was a neutral zone. He could hide behind a shield if anything had gotten too dangerous. Here, it was just him, the demon and the animals that were roaming about in the pasture. The prince doubted that any of them would jump in front of him any time soon, and they would make a pathetic shield as well. Though, it seemed that the alien was curious as to why the demon had rumbled so deeply, with his head cocked to the side like that. "Oh, I was merely agreeing with you Kev. I apologize if I startled you." The demon explained evenly. "The wastelands sound fine, but would you be comfortable in such a climate? There is plenty of sun out there, but very little water. To spare you from the heat, I would suggest we meet in the morning or the evening." Kev would have to bring a water bottle or five, and maybe a parasol of some sort to give himself some shade. Otherwise the demon would be finding out if Kev's kind tanned or not in the sun.

So, Leslie was the one who had Kev so smitten, and a fae as well. The only real memory the demon had of fae were the ones on Avalon, and a certain shape shifting fae who had hit on him in the sanctuary that one day. Neither of them really left a good impression on the demon prince, though if Kev and Leslie were together as long as described... There had to be something that made the two attract. "She sounds like a very lovely lady, Kev. Perhaps next time we meet she could join us. I congratulate you two for being together that long, not many relationships seem to last on this world." The prince rumbled courteously. Either they die, the people leave the gamma, or they run into problems that make them split apart. "You two must cherish each other very much." The prince added. Though despite the demon's words, he could not help but suppress a tinge of jealousy towards the the two. However it was not over the people themselves, the demon was not so shallow as to run after another's mate. Anyone who knew the demon well enough would know just what the demon held emerald eyes over.

The topic soon changed back to the shop, which apparently was lacking commercial notice. "Oh? I wonder why Zippy had not taken up your and Jana's idea. Though... What was the idea you had for the shop's commercial?" The demon wondered ponderously. To get the shop "out there" as Kev said, perhaps what the two had presented was not enough to get it noticed? Although Prixlezub was not one who had much interest in commercial venues, he usually had his eyes set on the higher ranking venues. Why be in charge of the shop when you could run the whole system? As the demon usually thought. So, Kev was content with the life style that the demon explained to him. Good, that kept the demon from having to dredge up anything that could get passed down the grapevine, as it were. Though it seemed the alien did pick up on something that seemed amiss to him.

Loneliness... to admit it would also be to deny it. Though for today, the demon gave a brief shake of his head, smoke curling from his grill and into the frosty air. "I go there to catch up on the goings-on, as I lack the radio and television technology that others have. Though lately it seems that the only thing to listen to is constant talk about shallow relationships and petty things. I have no interest in such talk, and there is a lack of anything else in there. The few that do notice me in that place tend to lack manners, giving fearful glances or acting foolishly. I have no need or interest to be subject to such stupidity." The prince rumbled, a snarl curling his lip upon describing the majority of sanctuary frequenters. "If I wish for company and conversation, I will seek out the few that have my approval." The demon finished, a puff of smoke curling from his maw.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu May 16, 2013 11:50 pm

Oh, it was quite relaxing to sit in the sunlight and bask in the warmth! No better life for a cold blooded reptile then to bask in the warmth and feel sustained at the same time. "Hmm, it depends actually!" His back straightened a bit as he elaborated. "It depends on how much sunlight I've gotten recently, and sometimes on what the weather is like. When its cold, I need more sunlight, not just to give me more energy but to warm me up too. I have a few other devices that help with that too, but there's no better source of heat than the sun. I can't go for too long without being in the sun either. I think its around 3 days..." He tilted his head as if to confirm to himself. "3 days sounds right...if I go 3 whole days without sunlight then I begin dying. I have no other way of gaining my energy. If its been a day, then I'd have to spend most of the next day making up for that. My usual ritual is 5 hours of sunlight everyday and it seems to work well enough, during the spring and fall. Summer requires more water than sunlight because of how warm it can get sometimes."

Oh, so the rumble was an agreeing noise! "I see!" He should have figured as much, but the noise had startled him mostly because he hadn't expected it. "Oh I'm fine, Prixlezub! I'm easily startled sometimes, but I'll live." It had almost sounded like a growl at first, not to mention just how deep it was, almost as if he could feel it from his very core. Ah yes, the wastelands and their retched heat...actually, it'd been a long time since Kev had been in those parts, hadn't it? "Around the morning or evenings should help! And I could always try to walk in your shadow, see if that could take some of the edge off of the sun!"

So Prixlezub liked the idea of meeting Leslie? Kev really liked that idea, although he wondered what they would end up thinking of the other. Leslie sometimes surprised him with the things she thought were normal, as was the way of the culture she had been a part of. Perhaps the two would find an interest in each other, and perhaps not, although letting the two of them meet could do no harm at all. "That's a good idea, I don't think she'd mind too much at all!" Especially since the larger demon had made no attempts yet to harm the animals.

He inclined his head at Prixlezub's congratulations, fingers finding their way to a necklace around his neck and fiddling with a moon pendant on the end of it. "I cherish her a lot...thank you, your words mean a lot to me." Especially since he was correct. Not every relationship in Portal Breach lasted, let alone as long as their's had. There were some times, with Leslie gone, that he had thought they'd come to an end. And yet, they had persevered, and he was so grateful for it. Of course, this talk of love had him...curious. Layla. When was the last time he had seen her? Weren't she and Prixlezub together? He looked up at the demon, a curiosity in his eyes that he dare not speak. Had she left? Had she died? If so, the demon had his apologies. He hadn't been acquainted with the demoness, although he remembered that odd moment when she had sent him into the ceiling, where the Communist Spiders lived and the way they ended up dying. Do Svidanya, little comrades. Do Svidanya.

"Oh, she hasn't taken it up yet because we um...haven't told her about it yet." He chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head. "We got this idea while she was on one of those 'journeys of Self Discovery' out in the Wilderness. We haven't gotten around to telling her about it yet, although maybe tomorrow I can bring it up to her!" He could see no reason why she would reject them, besides perhaps some mediocre acting skills on their part. "The basic idea for the commercial is someone who really wants to listen to some good music, and wants an instrument, but thinks there's no place for them to get that on Portal Breach! But then, Jana and me show up and direct them to City Noise, where Minerva acts as the cashier! After a fun shopping montage, the customer leaves, satisfied and proclaiming our store to be the best-and only- music store in PB~!" A simple idea, but sometimes simple was better!

He watched Prixlezub's great head shake, eyes watching the smoke trails closely. So he lacked technology then, in that case the Sanctuary was definitely useful for knowing the buzz of the place. World was ending? Go to Sanctuary. People acting odd? Go to Sanctuary. Though lately, the news the demon got was most boring for him. Relationships and idle chatter. Kev had to admit that there was something lacking from the Sanctuary lately, although he was just happy to see some familiar faces in there. Whenever they got around to moving and grooving in there that was. "Really? I'm cowardly and even I have to admit that that's pretty cowardly." Of course, if Prixlezub were Fiddlesticks he'd be singing a different tune. But therein lied a difference. Prixlezub was charming and sociable. Fiddlesticks apparently ate nightmares, had evil crows at his command, and could feel the emotions from Kev. Not very fun...just thinking of the scarecrow drew a shiver from him, although he quickly gave his attention back to Prixlezub.

"I guess they're intimidated by the deaths, but people dying is hardly new, let alone at the hands of another citizen." Right, Ridley? And lets remember a certain toaster, face, and puppet. No, it wasn't new to get killed by a fellow citizen. Unfortunate sometimes, yes, but not new. "That's probably the best thing you can do! Not everyone goes to the Sanctuary anyway, like Zurg!" Zurg and Prixlezub seemed to like each other! He laughed a bit and looked up at the demon curiously. "Am I one of those few?"

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri May 17, 2013 2:51 am

Kev was quite a fragile creature it seemed, noodly limbs aside. A mere three days was nothing to the demon prince, who could go years without food before needing sustenance. So long that his wounds were not too severe, that is. "I take it you must prefer the outdoors then, given your requirements." He remarked thoughtfully. Chryslirrbog forbid that the alien ever get lost in a cave for a day. The demon gave a short thrum, tucking this new information away. Whether it would be put to use or not? Only time would tell. Though speaking of optimal conditions, it seemed that Kev was quite fine with the idea of meeting in the evening concerning the wastelands. However, the demon's shadow may not be the best place for the alien to take shelter from the stifling heat.

"I would not suggest you try to stay in my shadow, my mane provides more light than dark. The only shade you would find would be beneath me, and there you would find the air much hotter than that of the desert. Perhaps if we are to meet we should stay to the evenings, that way you would be able to stay away from the heat, but not be too chilled if you stay near me." Prixlezub explained confidently, thin smoke pluming from his maw as he spoke. The desert could get chillingly frigid at night, but around the prince? It would be like walking next to a bonfire... That could walk as well. "Leslie could join us as well if it is not too much trouble, after we meet." He added thoughtfully. Perhaps she would enjoy a cool walk in the evening desert as well, if she did not mind the sand and vastness of the flat wastes.

The shimmer of Kev's pendant drew his eye, the alien's words tickling in his mind as he gave his appreciation. "You are quite welcome... It seems the both of you are bound not only by your bonds, your pendant, is it a gift from her as well? If so it is quite fitting, you being of the sun and her of the moon." The prince observed evenly. He had witnessed couples giving each other gifts that represented their relationship. Necklaces that had split charms that were given to both parties, special rings... The more intense and dedicated of lovers had their bodies scarred in a manner that showed their inseparable bonds. Prixlezub removed himself of such trivia and returned his attention to Kev, who was looking at the demon quite peculiarly. Of course, it was only a matter of time before the alien's thoughts traveled to him and his past relationship, though the alien may not know that detail exactly. However, if the alien was not about to ask the prince about Layla... Perhaps it was best to let that story stay untold, and in time her legacy would die with her. There was no need to speak of the dead if there was no reason to.

Ah, so the alien and girl had not told Zippy about their idea? "Hm, that would certainly explain it then. I was not aware she had left on a journey." The demon rumbled. He had thought that she had left the gamma like many others, given her long absence. "I hope she found what she was looking for within herself." He finished, listening to Kev's idea for a commercial. It sounded quite simple, but effective for what they needed. Then again, advertising was not about being complex or subtle, given the nature of it, they were meant to get the product or in this case store out there. "Your idea seems plausible, I'm sure Zippy would like it. If you store is indeed the only one in Portal Breach, you may get in customers by the hundreds." The prince mused. Not to mention the added customers would mean more staff that would need to take care of the shop and deal with the added amount of people.

"Indeed, it is quite cowardly, not to mention insulting when I cannot get an intelligent answer from someone because they keep sputtering and stammering. And some of them react in that manner without my introduction and believe I am some sort of beast." The demon rumbled, his lip curling in irritation from the memory. Don't even get the demon started on the ones that could not get over his size and the fact he had fire for a mane. "The ones I cannot understand at all are the ones who believe I am a machine of all things. I have no seams or bolts on my hide anywhere!" Like that boy Toby had so idiotically assumed. And he called himself a boy genius? Hah! The demon had seen more genius in insects.

As for the people who feared him due to his murderous nature, the demon gave a small puff of smoke from his grill. Not in an irritable manner, but more thoughtful. "It is natural for those to fear what can kill them, regardless of how charming or amiable they can be..." the demon started, before his mind quickly flung up the memory of Zurg when he was still Evil Emperor. For all of his crimes and killings, people seemed perfectly fine with him in their presence even before his change. And Barry! He killed people all the time, and the others still were fine with his company. "But at the same time, there are others who have killed, some more than me, and they had been accepted with open arms... Perhaps it is my species then that they fear." He said thoughtfully, though the words tasted bitter. But the demon had been careful lately, calling himself a traveler, never saying outright what he was due to the stigma of saying that he was a demon. "Perhaps it is because I am not as small and relateable in my aesthetics, Kev. The majority here are humans, and while you are quite different in your design inwardly and outwardly, you still share that same silhouette as them. As did Barry and Zurg." The prince explained, though he seemed more annoyed at them than bitter. Even with Barry being a suit of armor and Zurg being six-foot-six, purple and horned; they were talked to. In fact, it seemed everyone wanted to talk to Zurg even when he was robed from head to toe without even a single chartreuse tooth or bit of purple skin sticking out.

In short, the Sanctuary was very discriminatory if you happened to be of demonic descent and not chiseled all over... While standing upright.

To hear that Zug did not frequent that building anymore was not surprising in the least. "Yes, I have noticed that Zurg does not come by there anymore. Perhaps he got tired of all the attention." Prixlezub surmised evenly. However, the demon could not help his eyes flickering slightly when Kev asked if he was one of those few. The demon prince pondered the small alien for a few moments before finally, a plume of smoke curled from his grill in amusement. "I am speaking with you now, yes?" Came the demon's cheerful remark.

If Prixlezub had no interest in speaking with someone, he would not even accept the invitation in the first place Kev!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri May 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Oh yes, very fragile. Too much time without sunlight, sensitivity to temperatures, no fangs or claws to fight back with. It was a wonder Kev hadn't died more than he already had! "Oh yes, definitely! Its why I enjoy living out here in the grasslands. The city might be new, and shiny, and beautiful in its own right but I prefer it out here." Where the sun shined brightly. He preferred a life in the 'wilderness'. Not far out enough so as to be dangerous, but just enough to really get a good grasp on the wild life.

"Oh?" Of course, how could he forget about Prixlezub's mane? Walking beside him, there would be no shade. As Prixlezub said, the only shade he would find would be beneath him, and that would be like taking cover from an oven by hiding beneath it. "And I'd run the risk of accidentally getting stepped on, if I walked too slow..." The evenings would prove quite fine. Besides, he might get a really beautiful view of the moon that way! "Great idea, evenings it shall be~!" Leslie might join, and she might not. He wasn't sure if she'd want to wander about the wastelands sometime, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. "I don't think she'd have any issues with that."

He looked up curiously at Priuxlezub's words, eyes widening as he let go of the necklace and let it dangle on the front of his shirts, a little sheepish. "Ehehe..." He hadn't even realized he'd grabbed it, honestly. It'd become second nature to grab it and hold it now. "Actually...this one was my idea. One time in our first year of being together, she was gone for several months, up in Space on a mission for Zurg. I missed her a lot, and I came up with an idea. When she came back, I gave her the sun, and I kept the moon, so that when we're apart, we could still have the other with us. Its a little corny, but..." His face flushed as he looked down at the moon pendant. "You must have some good eyes to spot this, since its so small compared to you!" Kev would not ask about Layla, for he had learned that some things must lay dead and buried, unasked and untold. He was curious, oh this was true, but not enough to gain the ire that retelling the story might bring.

"She left around..." Hmm, around when was it that Zippy, and likewise Leslie and Ophelia, had left? "May. Had to be May, since it was after the whole Alpha situation...I hope she has too." It seemed that her disappearance had been due to a few others' disappearances, which he could understand. The fact that she had come back must have meant she was looking for whatever answers she was seeking, whether they were inside of herself or out. "Thank you! To my knowledge, we're the only music store in Portal Breach~. We have CDs, instruments, posters, video games. There's another place or two that sells video games, but we still have the CDs and all." Oh, customers by the hundreds~! They got enough customers now, but there was nothing wrong with getting a few more~!

He listened, and felt bad for Prixlezub. Sure, he had killed a few people, yes. In quick succession at that! But no one jerked away from Ridley or cowered from him. "That's quite unfortunate...even I can see that you only attack when provoked or disrespected." Prixlezub was not a snarling, rabid beast who needed handling with kid gloves. Temperamental? When insulted, yes. Besides, a lot of people on the Breach had a temper, it was only a matter of being careful of how you spoke. "A machine? Your face is a lot like a car, but everything else is all fleshy and muscley and firey."

Indeed, fear of death was something Kev understood greatly. Although he seldom hated or feared a person until they had killed him first. Sure, he could be a cowardly little alien, but not to the point of stammering or backing away from Prixlezub. Not before he was killed by him at least. "In my own experience, sometimes charm and amiability can weigh out the danger. Of course, not everyone's like me." Kev was usually willing to give most everyone a chance, so long as they didn't hurt someone he knew or cared about without a good reason. "Your species?" He echoed, wincing at the implications of it. Not liking Prixlezub for his species...people liked Hellboy despite him being a demon, but as Prixlezub went on to explain...Hellboy was also smaller. He had a body shape like a human, rather than a large, quadrupedal body. He glanced down at his own body. He was small, nonthreatening, walked on two legs...of course, he also hadn't killed anybody, but Barry and Zurg had.

"I'm sorry Prixlezub. Although this place accepts outlandish things, I guess its only to a point..." That must have hurt, but Prixlezub seemed more annoyed and peeved than saddened by it. "Then again, I think a lot of...well, murders from the past, were more 'under wraps' than they are now. It took months for me to realize Dani had died. By the time it comes out, most people who cared are gone, so no one really cares. Compared to Deadsilver, Hot Shot, and Metal Man...and also Blade." He sighed and shrugged to himself. "Well, until you kill me yourself, I'll always be happy to say hi!"

"He might have!" Zurg was the belle of the ball whenever he entered the Sanctuary. It always seemed to be that way, Kev still remembered back when he had been young to PB, and intimidated by Zurg's power, before falling victim to his charms!~ Speaking of charms, Kev looked up at Prixlezub, waiting to hear if he was 'one of the few' that Prixlezub didn't mind being around. He chuckled as Prixlezub pointed out that he was, in fact, right here and talking with him. Yes, if he thought Kev was annoying, he wouldn't have agreed to meet up with him. "I am honored to be one of those few, Prixlezub! Thank you."

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri May 17, 2013 10:39 pm

"Hm, I see why you prefer it out here instead of the city." Prixlezub rumbled. "The air here is not bogged down with so many smells, and the spaces are vast and without the bounds of towering structures." Even when the prince occasionally visited the city, he found himself favoring walking on the buildings instead of the streets. The sidewalks were too congested, and the roads were just as bad depending on the time of day. Out here... There was none of that, only the rolling hills of grass in the summer, and in the winter it all turned to a white powder. Though the demon preferred his home in the icy north compared to the shallow dusting in the grasslands.

Yes, the demon's body structure was not the best suited towards saving others from the heat, unless Kev wished to try and find shade beneath the prince's blade. Though even then the alien would have to keep a quick pace, even when the demon was walking at his slowest he could easily outpace a running human from his long strides alone. To hear that Leslie may join regardless of the location that they would be meeting however was quite nice to hear. Perhaps she would enjoy the night sky as well once it got dark enough. "Very good, if she does agree to join us, I look forward to meeting her." The demon stated evenly. It would be nice to meet a fae that was not dysfunctional like Psyche, or fearful like Blade's subjects when he first was on the island. Though speaking of Leslie, it seemed that she was not the one to give Kev the pendant he wore. "Ah, I see. So it was you who had gifted the pendant. You have good taste then, Kev." He remarked slowly, tilting his head towards the necklace. If he still wore his part of the pendant, she surely still wore hers. As for how the demon was able to see the pendant in the first place, Prixlezub gave an agreeing hum. "Yes, I can see great distances quite well, whether it be prey or object that I seek." And from the scent of the metals on Kev's necklace, that was not some imitation gold or silver. It smelled quite pure in his grill.

Ah, so she left while the demon was still slumbering, that would be why he had not known of her leaving before. "I see... I had not been around for the time when she had left, and not for the time when this Alpha was here either." He had drifted for months in space before landing on UP-007, the planet looking like nothing more than a small dot in the cosmos when he looked towards it. "So, Kev... What was the situation with Alpha? It seems I have missed more than a crisis regarding Phazon and Blackcat among other things." The demon rumbled curiously. It was dreadful and embarrassing to be kept so far out of the loop after a year or so of absence.

It seemed that the prince began to brush on a more touchy subject during his small rant regarding the Sanctuary. Yes, the demon only attacked when provoked or insulted, but it seemed that the people within there seemed to forget that detail in favor of the drama that revolved around their loved ones or sanctuary 'friends' getting killed in battle. After the killing battle with the cybertronians, not many wished to argue with the prince after that, he knew so far. But to carry that silence into everyday conversation? To the demon it looked more like the citizens enjoyed posing when they talked of their bravery, they feared him, and he could smell it. Though as Kev went further on, his projected thoughts delving into the subject of murder... The demon rumbled and shook his head in disagreement at what the alien was insinuating. "I may have killed outright, yes. However, those that I have killed have come forth willingly to face my challenge. Metal Man accepted my challenge to prove his courage, Deadsilver and Hotshot followed him and disrespectfully intruded on what was supposed to be a sacred ground of battle, bonded by that agreement made with Metal Man when he said he would face me alone. The only acceptable punishment for the cybertronians for such insolence was death for breaking that agreement. That is our way, the methods of my kind." The demon explained. "I challenged Blade to fight because he displayed his displeasure towards me for killing those three, but not acting on it. I gave him three chances, three instances of mercy before I challenged him. He died for putting up false bravery in a neutral zone, a place where he knew that he could not be harmed." The prince continued, smoke curling from his grill and billowing away on a frosty breeze, embers curling along with it. Though as he grew to his final point, the prince's eyes flared slightly, bathing the alien in a bright orange light. "I kill for the sake of making an example of those who show such idiocy towards me. If they decide to be arrogant and idiotic in a place where they can simply hide behind a shield, I will challenge them to put up that same face where they do not have the luxury of falling back on the ISO's or a shield to hide behind when their words do not match their ability. I may have killed, but not murdered." Prixlezub thundered, the displeasure in his voice making the windows on Kev's house shudder loudly within their frames. While closer to the demon, the dirt around the alien shook into a low hanging cloud of dust.

If the demon were to murder, he would not challenge his aggressors outright to a battle. No, murder was something that was done in the shadows, where plans were formed and coups were organized to ensure everything went smoothly. He would not be so dim as to kill in broad daylight if he did not want anyone to find out about it. If he were to murder, no one would even know it was the demon until he himself allowed the populace to know! If he were to murder of all things...! The demon gave another puff of thick, black smoke at the thought, eyes burning brightly as they bore down on Kev. However, if the alien thought he had roused the prince's fatal temper, he would find that the light from the demon's eyes began to dim back to their usual glow, the pupils flicking forward and away from the green alien. "Kev... What I mean to say is our kind tend to be harsher than most in terms of how we deal with idiocy and incompetence, and it has been that way for many millenia. We are more militant than most, but by far I admit I am the most lacking of mercy due to my rank. It is something I have grown and lived with for most if not my entire life, and I cannot just simply break it overnight... I apologize again for frightening you." Prixlezub said carefully, his voice no longer thundering but instead a low rumble.

The demon allowed his shoulders to droop slightly, a jet of smoke billowing from his grill before he turned back to Kev. "Do you still feel honored?" He inquired lowly, plumes of light smoke curling between his fangs. "...Or are you regretting inviting me to talk?"

Which was it?
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat May 18, 2013 4:55 pm

He nodded in agreement, those were about the same reasons Leslie preferred it out here too. That and the lack of iron. It was also rather hard to keep Lavender in the room of an Inn, let alone the rest of the animals they managed to acquire! No, animals like them thrived best out in the open where they could run, with grass to munch and streams to drink from.

"She's pretty private, so its possible that she may not come, but we'll see! Time to get out might be nice." He wondered what she might think of the large car demon. She wasn't quite fond of cars, and if he had bits of iron on him it might make her cautious to be around him, but he was just pondering the possible, which is entirely possible to not be possible! "Thank you! If you ever need to get jewelry for...whatever reason, I'd be glad to point you out to the jewelry store I got this from! A warning though, the centaur that works there is...odd. She was completely willing to steal from her own store." Not the best cashier a jewelry store could ask for. Hm, makes sense that Prixlezub would have such great eyesight! It looked as if he possessed six eyes, although that could have just been how they looked. His very eyes were also quite large! "I bet that's useful!"

Not here for Alpha, huh? "A good thing, that. Alpha was...insanely stressful. And yet the Phazon Crisis still managed to be worse." His tone was significantly more bitter, mentioning Phazon. If he ever saw Ridley again, he'd slap him so hard his face would fall off! "The situation with Alpha...began in March. The very end of March. Food lost its taste, as did drinks. Plants began to wilt and die. Wild animals had disappeared. Technology started to stop working. Robots were hearing voices in their head. We grouped together and went out to investigate the Energy Plant in the city, the ocean, and the Marshlands. In each place, there was...something. I'm not sure about the other two, but for the oceans, there was a large sea creature with sirens attached to it. It attacked us, and eventually ate us all. We had to walk within it before we eventually found this ball of blackness and numbers, protected by sirens. We fought them off, but it seems the price to pay to destroy the ball was that someone had to die."

"With that done though, Portal X invited us to his place for a celebration, for a job well done. We were kinda...twitchy about going there, because before we went out investigating, Portal X had come to the Sanctuary, killed people and been basically very frightening, only to turn everything back to normal. He said it was just a brief virus. But once we were there, once we ate the food he gave us, we all fell asleep. And when we woke up, we realized that Portal X and Nergal both had been infected with something called SIR. He fought with us, proclaiming that he wanted to work with us to fight against Alpha, who destroyed our worlds. He...wanted to turn everything back to how it used to be, I guess. He was okay with negotiating but...we thought the only way to save X and Nergal was to beat him out of them. All we ended up doing was killing all three of them. Alpha was Portal X's father, and when he found out we killed his son...he came down to destroy the entire Gamma. Nobody could stop him. Lots of people died trying. When all hope was lost, when Alpha was about to stab the very core of the planet with a trident, a white being appeared with everyone who had died. System, also known as Omega. She fought with us, we took Alpha down, only to find out it was just an Avatar, an extension of him, not really him. Either way, everything was fixed in the end. You must have been sleeping very deeply to miss it!" The almost destruction of the entire planet was likely very noisy.

As Prixlezub elaborated his point, Kev could tell that he seemed to be getting angry...really angry. He nodded and leaned back, eyes wide and pupils small. Yes yes, he knew what had happened. He'd been there for most of everything that happened! He'd been there when Metal Man got smart with Prixlezub and spoke against him, he'd also been there to urge him to stand down. He'd been there when Deadsilver and Hot Shot found out about Metal Man and decided to go after them. And again he had been there to urge them to let Metal Man fight his own battles, lest they get killed with him. He'd been there all three times that Blade had made a remarks or two towards the demon, he'd urged him to shut up, even threatened his life. And Prixlezub had given him three chances. Chances that were in the end, wasted. Prixlezub's voice began to thunder, and he was bathed in a bright orange glow. Kev brought his arms up to cover his face as his breath quickened, thinking that his big mouth would lead to something painful yet again! More painful than a throttling, more painful than corruption by the Phazon. Being eaten alive, or clawed apart perhaps! He hadn't meant to imply anything, it was just crude use of words on his part! The once comfortable heat that came from the demon was now a lot more intimidating and frightening. He was going to cook, and become a pair of leathery boots! He readied himself for a lot of pain to be dealt...and got none.

He peeked through his fingers at the demon as he relaxed, speaking once more in a much more pensive tone. He simply nodded along to show he was listening, and gave a few squeaked replies to his apologies. "I-its okay! Its fine!" And then the demon asked him if he still felt honored to meet with him, or if he regretted it. His chest rose and fell a few more times as his fear dissipated, and he looked up at the demon with wide eyes, and shook his head. "I still feel honored, Prixlezub. I've been through much worse and still considered the perpetrator to be a friend!" He bowed his head lowly in apology. "I didn't mean to imply you were a ravenous murderer. Murder just...seemed to be the best word for what had happened, since it means to kill. But I can see why that would insult you. I was there, Prixlezub, I witnessed all four of them, and their mistakes. They had their chances, and they ignored them. Whether for courage, or friendship, or honor, or fear. I told all four of them, that they would die. That they should back down. That you did not make idle threats. I was ignored, your mercy was ignored, and they stumbled into their deaths. Murder was wrong to use because that brings to mind, innocent people getting slaughtered against their will. And honestly...they knew what they were getting into, and they still did it." He shrugged to himself and looked back up at the demon, to see what he would say, or do.

Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat May 18, 2013 7:36 pm

So Leslie was quite private even when it came to small meetings? Given how she was not much for traveling to the cities, the demon wondered if perhaps it was the large crowds that bothered her and how built up everything was. However, it seemed now that Leslie just preferred time to herself in general, and around those she knew quite well. Prixlezub gave a small agreeing hum, "Very well, time will tell then if she does decide to join us." He replied calmly. Whether the fae joined them or not was not a factor that would break the demon's next meeting with Kev, but it would be nice to meet her sometime. So far this was the only place the demon had seen to have such a species as the fae. With each meeting they seemed to reveal very distinct differences between them depending on what type they were. As for the alien's jewelry, the demon found his description of one of the staff members to be quite... interesting. A centaur who would steal from the very shop she worked at. "Hm, I have seen such types of people before. If she was so interested in stealing the very product she sold, the centaur may have simply decided the best way to get to what she wanted was to work with it. Alas, such a plan never turns out to be so fruitful as it sounds." The prince mused. The other members of staff surely would catch on to her interests and tendencies. Especially if the woman was so foolish as to reveal her plans to her customers. Although, there in was another possible route. "...Though she may have just been joking as well, as poor of one as it may be." He added.

As for the demon's eyesight, yes, it was quite useful. Especially when no one was trying to knock his eyes out of their sockets.

The demon inwardly loathed such ridiculous tactics. Did anyone ever stop to think that perhaps the demon did not exactly need his eyes to fight? If he was not going to track down his adversary one way, he surely would find another. Once Kev began to speak about Alpha however, the prince withdrew from such aggravating trains of thought. So, the deal with Alpha began in March of the previous year... So the demon was indeed quite absent for the whole event, beginning to end. Food lost taste, as did drinks, the technology they had began to stop working as well... Even the land began to wither away. How interesting. "It seems like something was draining the nutrients from the planet." He rumbled observantly. Though as Kev went on there was description of numbers, great beasts that housed them within their bellies. Its downfall finally being the sacrifice of one person. "Hm..." The demon did not elaborate on his thoughts, but there seemed to be some sort of pattern going on. The planet degrading, sacrifices required to journey further into what was going on... But there seemed to be something missing. Though then came a detail that the demon thought most peculiar:

A celebration at the house of Portal X himself. The god never usually invited the populace for a congratulatory feast. And right before that, a slaughter to be later blamed on a virus. "Of course, the banquet was a ruse. This Sir you describe was probably controlling them the whole time even during the banquet. They simply decided to show their true colors once they had you all where they wanted." And if they controlled the gamma leaders, they probably were behind the land draining of life and flavor...In fact, that in itself sounded more like a distraction while this Sir went on to do whatever it would need to control X and Nergal. Ah, but this was interesting... They wished to liberate all of the citizens who were brought to Portal Breach? The demon pondered over what pieces Kev gave him, finding the whole story a rather intriguing puzzle that rolled entertainingly within his mind.

Oh but what was this? beating the entity out of X and Nergal only killed them? Well of course. Possession was not something that was undone physically. Once they were dead, the one called Alpha showed his face. The very one responsible for all of their coming here, or did he truly? The prince doubted that a being so powerful would show their true face so brashly and willingly fight all of the citizens out of revenge. "It was merely an avatar then... And this Omega. She may have just been an avatar as well for this gamma." Prixlezub mused thoughtfully. For everything that Kev described, the deaths, hardship and strife... He could not help but find it all quite amusing. Though the demon dared not say why, that little detail would be kept to himself, not a single flicker of his eye revealing the demon's thoughts.

Sleeping? Yes, you could say that the demon had been sleeping all this time, Kev. "That was quite the tale. A pity I was not around to see more of the details." The demon rumbled pleasantly. "Even better though is that everything was placed back to normal." Even if it was just in time for another crisis to spring forward.

Alas, it seemed poor Kev was indeed startled once more by the demon's mannerisms. The poor creature may as well be kept in a continuous state of anxiety if the demon kept this up. However, it seemed that the alien was apologetic himself for his poor choice of words. "Death goes by many names, Kev. But each one has its own purpose." Prixleub rumbled evenly. "They all agreed to their demise inevitably. Something that we would call a Sh'rghmtxss." A word that Kev would undoubtedly find impossible to pronounce, as he lacked the demon's dual larynx and the jaw strength to pronounce the harsher syllables. "However, it is a relief to speak with someone who does not cower or run so quickly."

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:39 pm