650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

My, My! What Do We Have Here...?

Post by Hazama on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:34 am

Time: 13:05 PM
    Date: 3rd March, 2013

Oh, well. Would you look at this.

Hazama walked through Lochlann. He'd seen the ISO's 'warning' to the users to not visit Lochlann because of a plague? Sounded... joyful. Now, Hazama was not a horrible guy when he was... well, Hazama. He was friendly (if a little sarcastic with this) and businesslike, his perfect suit being fantastic. He really needed to look for more of these... but anyway. He'd heard of the warning and immediately set out to find the place. Hazama had a pretty good sense of direction, unlike his RPer; he was more than capable of finding places that he wanted to head to. He stood in an unnatural position, his eyes closed slits and his body bent at an angle that looked normal, yet something was off about it.

Wow... you could almost cut the tension in this area with a knife. It was... desirable. Hazama continued on throughout Lochlann, assuming that if anyone was keeping watch over this place, they'd probably noticed him. He didn't care; he'd noticed Trinity when she'd returned. Shame he hadn't gotten to tear her to shreds like he'd wanted to. But, hey ho! You couldn't have it all, and he guessed he'd have to settle with killing her once while all his other enemies were destroyed by Alpha, along with his world. Hell, he was a little upset that Alpha had just gone and done his job for him, but at least he'd been taken here, where he had a brand new world to play with.

Hazama suddenly just stopped. He dead stopped, just standing there and grinning like he was mad. From there... he started clapping. Was there some reason he felt he had to congratulate people?

"Bravo, bravo! It sure has been a while since I've seen such a fine work of art." Hazama started speaking. Was he speaking to himself? No, it wasn't that. He couldn't sense you (he was a ghost possessing an artificial magic body that could sense magic, not a demon that could sense other magic users) but he was merely assuming you were there, because if you were doing something as tense as this and you didn't keep an eye on everyone that came in, you were an idiot. And he trusted you to not be an idiot.

"Say... what exactly is it that you're doing?" Hazama placed a hand on his hat. Man, if it turned out now that this was just some natural, unrecorded thing that had happened as a freak accident, he'd feel stupid. "Because I'd love to meet the perpetrator."

He sure was forward, but what could he say? He was here with the purpose of finding out what had caused the ISOs to issue a warning, because it sounded absolutely wonderful. He could get behind anything like this, even if it sort-of felt like the Black Beast all over again. That failed experiment had destroyed 80% of the world, however... and if this was something similar, he could definitely get behind it. Now, Hazama did not expect to be trusted off the bat. He just knew that he was currently looking for an Observer, and an Observer that had something like morals would most definitely not do.

Speaking of Observers, Phantom was residing in his shadow even now; a sorceress that had been brainwashed and turned evil, using the power of darkness to aid Hazama. She was currently acting as his temporary Observer, but Hazama was after a more... stable Observer. So until then... he would continue searching. Man, what he would give for Relius Clover to arrive, or the Imperator Librarius.

"You know what this world could use? Seithr."
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: My, My! What Do We Have Here...?

Post by Diablo on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:21 pm

And who would dare be so bold as to come sauntering around, acting as if they were an invited guest to an otherwise private occasion? This man; a man who was anything but a man. Crows stirred in their plagued roosts, hundreds of beady eyes locking onto the clapping trespasser. You wish audience with the artist, mortal? Then so be it.

You reek of falsehoods, traveler, something tickled in the back of your mind. Your illusion may fool others... but it will not fool me.
    Seithr... You must mean the odorless, colorless vapor that corrupted your world. Seithr. Such a thing did not come from thin air, but you already knew this. In fact, were you not its creator by default? Your ambition brought the world to its knees... And yet here you are, looking to start anew. You will not find Kusanagi here, although you shall find yet another type of sword. The book is not necessary. Can you not already feel it, traveler? Something was coming; coming for you, specifically. But you were a... whimsical sort, yes. On the outside you acted as if you disliked combat and pretended to prefer the quiet; your mysterious idol knew much better. You were sadistic, cruel; you were nothing more than a manipulative creature looking to use others to your own, selfish ends. Yes... Your type was commonly drawn to such corruptive power. And now it was time to meet you face to face, one demon to another.

Rumble... Rumble... Rumble... Rumble...

Hazama... Hazaaaaamaaaaa... Chuckling followed, like thunder rolling atop the clouds.
    It comes for you, Hazama. Do you not recognize the black mass of energy rising up from the decrepit streets of this village? Yes, of course you do... How could you forget a creation you fathered? The answer is that you cannot, and now a large, menacing maw loomed dangerously above you as the energy dissipated. Answer to your Black Beast, boy. Ha ha ha... What brings you here, Hazama? That is your preferred name, yes? You go by another but let us keep pretenses. Speak and I may answer... the unspoken voice whispered. A low rumble escaped the Black Beast's throat, jagged teeth shining in the enveloping darkness.

Black Soulstone: Duriel - Inactive
    Passive illusion - Black Beast
    AP Total: 87/88

DP Total: 50/50
    HP Total: 490/490
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Well, if there were awards for punctuality, you deserve them! Hazama honestly did not have to wait long until he felt something in the back of his mind... felt an odd voice.

Voice wrote:You reek of falsehoods, traveler... Your illusion may fool others... but it will not fool me.

Now, Hazama wasn't going to lie. His facade did tend to get... well, boring at the best of times. He kept it up because it was the only way he could go about his business without someone expecting it and him getting interfered with at the least optimal time for himself. He knew that there was no chance of it happening here. He'd either get what he wanted, or he'd get killed. He really did not care which. I mean, his work was done. Alpha had finished his old world. Now he was stuck in this one, and it was JUST as fake as the last. The difference was, it wasn't surrounded by the Boundary, meaning that things like the mentioned 'Kusanagi' were completely unnecessary to Hazama now. No... having things like the Eye of the Azure around would just prove to be a pain in the ass now. He didn't need them anymore, so he was glad that they'd been destroyed along with the very things he needed them for.

Before he could react much to the voice he'd heard, Hazama felt... rumbling. Oh, this was going to be fun. Although he was well aware that he might be killed, he'd learned previously that deaths weren't permanent here. They hadn't been necessarily permanent in his world (for example, Trinity had returned) but here, he had chances. Even if it turned out to be a lie, too, he wouldn't care. Death didn't matter in his eyes, as he no longer had a goal to accomplish. But if he did survive long enough... he would find a new goal. One similar goal to his previous one, perhaps.

Voice wrote:Hazama... Hazaaaaamaaaaa...

...What was that? A mass of red energy? As it began to take form, Hazama immediately recognised what it was and scowled. He scowled not necessarily at the beast itself, but the form it was taking. "I see you're taking the form of that failed experiment." Hazama kept his hat on, but he did open his shining, gold, snakelike eyes. If this thing knew this much... the chances were, it knew about him, too. If it didn't? Then it didn't matter too much. It was just eyes, after all.

The Black Beast wrote:Ha ha ha... What brings you here, Hazama? That is your preferred name, yes? You go by another but let us keep pretenses. Speak and I may answer...

So, he knew Hazama's other name. Very well! He didn't particularly care, but he did indeed go by Hazama now. "Why am I here? Well, I heard of a certain warning to 'users' not to visit Lochlann. I decided I'd come and check it out. Maybe... meet some people. Long story short, I've been here a short while and everyone's been so dreadfully boring." Aaaaaall they did was be civilised. That 'Knock Out' robot was interesting in the angel situation (his pain and despair had definitely been enjoyable) but he'd decided not to go to fight over a paint job. There was just no helping some people, huh? "I wanted to come have some real enjoyment. To meet someone else that would go as far as to inflict enough... well, whatever this is on an entire village until even the world's guardians have to warn people. Now that..." Hazama started, his eyes glowing. "That sounds like reeeeeaaaaaaal fun to see." He smiled in delight. He honestly didn't use everyone, either; he hadn't used Relius Clover. Relius had been about as evil as him, and Hazama had gladly allied with him.

"Now, I'm not interested in causing trouble for you." Hard as it was to believe. "I'm mainly interested in finding someone that doesn't care about suffering. Someone... that is indifferent to pain caused." Hey, this guy knew of the Black Beast and still was talking with Hazama. It wasn't THAT far of a jump to assume that this guy might be the type of character Hazama was interested in.

It was time to find out whether this 'Black Beast' was interested or not.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Eyes were often believed to be windows into the soul, Hazama. And yours were wide open during a warm, sunny day. Now then... You spoke of creating a little fun, yes? This Black Beast was obviously not the one from your world, but it did not betray an inch of the original's characteristics. It simply loomed there, head overshadowing and teeth sinister. You desire to know if I care about the suffering of mortals? the voice inquired. A curious question... It was certainly something to think about and the energy around Hazama coiled and writhed as if it were alive. It possessively whirled around the neon-haired pretender before the Black Beast spoke yet again.
    My intent in life, or a purpose if you would prefer, is not to solely cause pain and despair wherever I may go, answered the artist. Agony was nothing more than a byproduct to what it considered to be real creation. But all of that now said and done... The Black Beast, for all its growling and ominous presence, decided to humor Hazama. It had little else to do, besides.

I do so thoroughly enjoy spreading fear and terror, however... the voice purred.
    That was the artist's goal in mind; not pain, not unabridged sadism but sheer, rampant trepidation. What did misery have to do with horror? This question could not be solved immediately; the sole answer did not rest with the Black Beast itself and, therefore, those unfeeling eyes burned with heightened intensity as a dark presence engulfed itself over Hazama. Do you feel that, boy? Good, good. You were an amusing sort to converse with and your host was not through with appearances. An answer must carry a price, should it not? said the Black Beast. More shadowy tendrils pooled around Hazama, some even caressing his legs lovingly. I have thus given you response to what you sought to know... Now it is time you repay the favor. Why do you seek another to help carry out your twisted machinations? Already you have failed so much to obtain your lofty ambitions... This world may be new and virgin, but the reality of failure is not. You could become nothing more than a liability to my own devices, yes? Ah, but these words are nothing more than possibilities; hypotheticals that could happen upon any moment, upon any circumstance. There is only one method of seeing if you truly are what you say, Yūki Terumi... And all will be revealed shortly but first...

The Black Beast instantly burst into a suffocating cloud of black smoke, the wisps fine like grains of churning sand. It then began to sift downward, where a small form condensed into being from the stifling nothingness. A smile replaced a snarl, eyes matched for eyes.
    You are an interesting mortal... said this new voice, unlike the one previous. The smile did not waver. I find you delightfully depraved, but I suppose you mortals are all alike no matter how dramatic your bodies alter. Since you think yourself worthy of my audience, I will be generous and present for you a task, Hazama. Do this task for me and I will consider your wishes, for my powers are more than you could ever hope for. You were dealing with the Devil, boy. This should be fun for you.

I want to see just how much fun you are; a trial, if you will. Perform a work of art... Something that I can admire and find beauty in. Do this for me, Hazama. Do it, and we will talk more of what you desire... But not now. Your specter wavered and the host slowly began to fade away. The last thing you saw was that accursed smile, haunting laughter a departing memento. Well, Hazama? Your masterpiece awaits. Do not disappoint.

Black Soulstone: Duriel - Inactive
    Passive illusion - Ghost (Yūki Terumi)
    AP Total: 86/88

DP Total: 50/50
    HP Total: 490/490
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:22 pm

Aha, so that was what got him- if it even WAS a him. Pain and suffering were alright, but to this being, they weren't the same as instilling terror and fear inside anyone possible. Yes, Hazama saw now; you took a different approach, but it honestly wasn't all that different. Not in his eyes. Nonetheless, this did sound like he'd found more or less what he was looking for. Now, Hazama'd known long before he'd even decided to come to Lochlann that he wasn't going to be able to just head up to the most evil existence he could find and ask whether they wanted to be his Observer and not expect them to want him to do something in return, provided he even got that far. Hell, if you'd accepted it without asking for anything in return, he'd probably have either turned you down and left, or accepted but kept as good an eye on you as he could. Why? Because he'd expect you to use him, then turn on him. Of course, there was a chance of him doing that anyway, but they were dramatically lowered if he'd proven himself as someone that this... well, 'Black Beast' would enjoy.

Black Beast wrote:An answer must carry a price, should it not?

Hazama felt the 'Black Beast' coil around him before it spoke further.

Black Beast wrote:I have thus given you response to what you sought to know... Now it is time you repay the favor. Why do you seek another to help carry out your twisted machinations? Already you have failed so much to obtain your lofty ambitions... This world may be new and virgin, but the reality of failure is not. You could become nothing more than a liability to my own devices, yes? Ah, but these words are nothing more than possibilities; hypotheticals that could happen upon any moment, upon any circumstance. There is only one method of seeing if you truly are what you say, Yūki Terumi...

To this, Hazama felt a shred of irritation. He quickly threw it away, however, in favour of another warm smile. "'Failed'? Oh, not at all! Assuming you can see my past... everything I lost was affordable, and every last bit of it was necessary for other gains. I'd seen all the possibilities, mind." I mean, it took precision to infiltrate Takamagahara using a literal split second as your gateway. That was only possible because of his loss to Ragna the Bloodedge, and the fact that Ragna took his life-link away from him. "As for why I'm looking for someone else? Well, let's just say... I'd really rather have an Observer that can look after themselves. Much better than one that could become unstable any day. And I don't really like the idea of disappearing, you know? Not when, as you said, the world is new and virgin. It'd be a real shame to disappear when I can still find enjoyment in a world like this."

At this point, the 'Black Beast' burst. Hazama watched the transformation, as it turned into none other than... him. Well, hello, handso- nah, just kidding. Although it was most certainly interesting that he knew this much.

Yūki Terumi wrote:You are an interesting mortal... I find you delightfully depraved, but I suppose you mortals are all alike no matter how dramatic your bodies alter. Since you think yourself worthy of my audience, I will be generous and present for you a task, Hazama. Do this task for me and I will consider your wishes, for my powers are more than you could ever hope for.

Oooh, a hint of arrogance. But Hazama did hope that you weren't lying to him. Because let's be honest; it made you even more suitable a candidate for him. He wouldn't betray a good Observer, either; he'd much prefer to stick with them. The only Observers that'd cause him to want to get rid were ones that restricted him in a way that he really didn't want them to. For example, he'd pick an Observer that allowed him to spread endless despair over an Observer that restricted him in how much despair they'd allow. It sounded stupid, but you never knew with Observers.

Yūki Terumi wrote:I want to see just how much fun you are; a trial, if you will. Perform a work of art... Something that I can admire and find beauty in. Do this for me, Hazama. Do it, and we will talk more of what you desire...

The other Terumi faded after saying this. Hazama's hand moved to his hat, and he closed his eyes once more. "Oh, you want me to go have some fun? I'll gladly do so. Hehehehehehehehehe~!" Hazama heel-point turned at this point, walking out of the village. "I'll give you a real show to enjoy."

After all, he didn't want to disappoint.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:23 pm