Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Looking for Advice

Post by Wolfe on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:08 am

Time: 10:00 am
    Date: March 26

Alexander propped his hand against a wall as he tried to catch his breath. He hadn’t gotten a decent amount of rest for at least two days now and the battle from the night before wasn’t helping. Yeah, he had managed a few hours of sleep in the forest last night but he always woke up to the smallest sound. He had been too worried about that card throwing maniac or berserk man from the Sanctuary finding him. The cuts on his shoulder had sealed shut but his chest still had several cracks in it. He was definitely still out of his element here. If he had been attacked by a pack of thrulls or a few homunculi, he had stayed and fought them. Then again, he was much stronger on Caerlia.

Looking up and down the street, Alex checked incase anyone from the Sanctuary was here. He didn’t want to run into any more people who wanted to kill him. He didn’t see anyone so he tried to walk casually. Praestes was sheathed in its dagger form but Alex kept his right hand close to it without looking suspicious. Who can I go talk to? Most of the people I’ve met are good friends with Aya. I could try talking to Tally, but if she’s a friend of Aya, I’m good as dead. One kick from her and I’ll be in the ground. Alex kept thinking of ways he could solve this without him dying but couldn’t find a solid plan. I might just have to find Aya, apologize, and hope that she shows mercy on me. But I have a feeling she won’t show any.

Alex kept checking to see if he recognized anybody or if anybody recognized him. He was ready to flee at a moments noticed.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Looking for Advice

Post by Zurg on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:29 am

Tuesday morning. What was there to do on a Tuesday morning?

Well, for starters, there was going grocery shopping. And, while we're on the same path, there was also stopping by to read a few local sales displayed on shop windows. That was always fun, wasn't it? Tuesday morning was usually a time where nothing happened - usually. It looked like this Tuesday was going to be a tad... different. Zurg was currently walking back from the supermarket, both of his hands occupied with several bags of foodstuffs and household necessities. It was best if you didn't peek in them. Some of the more sensitive goods were for Jo. The normal route he went was relatively unproductive - sometimes he came across some rowdy upstarts and sometimes there was absolutely nothing at all. This time he chanced upon a young man, hair stark blond and eyes blue. My, what a tall fellow. Human-ish, too. The monarch stopped to notice that the nameless boy was also wounded. "Ohohoho..."

Fresh off the boat, are we? Zurg chuckled and figured that the lad had stumbled into a situation he shouldn't have prodded. That's how most newcomers met with the locals, anyhow. In any event, did this boy mess with Prixlezub or someone else? Let's be nosy. "You know, you look as if someone is hunting you," the alien called out, rumbling. "And if that is the case, then the smartest thing for you to do is head to the hospital. They'll keep you safe there." Now, will you take this tired alien's word and listen? Or will you continue to be obtuse and go blindly plowing about?

Oh how cruel life could be at times.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Wolfe
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 9

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Wolfe on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Jumping at Zurg’s voice, Alex spun around, drawing his dagger, and getting a defensive fighting stance. He waited for Zurg to attack. Alexander studied Zurg for a second. Why isn’t he attacking or drawing his weapon? Are his weapons grocery bags? Listening to what this stranger was saying, Alexander realized that he wasn’t an attacker and sheathed Praestes.

“I’m sorry for drawing my weapon on you. I’ve just been jumpy for the past few days. You actually hit the nail on the head. I ticked off a senior member of the city and a few other members are taking that as a right to kill me.” Alex had decided not to say Aya name since he didn’t know if this guy was a friend of hers. The advice about going to the hospital sent a chill down his spine. That is one place he will not go if he didn’t have to. He could get lucky and escape a fight but the hospital would mean he would be in his own personal hell.

“I don’t suppose you could help me out? I need some advice on what to do. The person I offended wants my life and he-I mean- their friends are more than willing to kill me.” Please let this guy be friendly and not one of Aya’s friends. “I really don’t want to die. I’ve only been here about a month.”
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:51 pm

Did the young man just draw a dagger? Zurg had to raise a metaphorical brow at that - it wasn't everyday someone brandished a weapon in front of him. Those days were long over. "Surely you realize that I am completely unarmed," the monarch rumbled. He may be wearing layers upon layers of concealing robes, but Zurg was far too busy holding these grocery bags. What is he going to do, whack the boy into submission with a loaf of bread? The boy realized his anxious mistake and promptly apologized. How interesting. "Ah, so you have, indeed, signed an unwitting death warrant. Yes, that is common with newcomers who are not mindful of their words and actions." Very peculiar that the boy did not reveal who this senior member was. If it were Prixlezub, then he surely would have raved on about a gigantic creature made of smoke and fire. This boy, then, had not angered Prixlezub.

"More advice, hmm?" Normally a person would have been delighted to find the hospital and stay there, but this boy... Zurg couldn't blame him, he supposed. The monarch wasn't overly fond of hospitals, either. And a he, was it? "Dohoho... Then if death is what you fear, you are safe exactly where you are." What did that mean? Let Zurg explain as he continued down the sidewalk, gesturing for the boy to come along with. "You see, the city is protected by its own defenders - they are called ISOs. They have a zero tolerance policy regarding any and all crimes. If someone were to attack you and, in the unfortunate event, try to murder you?" The monarch chuckled, finding something amusing. "Then the ISOs will warp into existence and do what needs to be done. They cannot leave the city, however, so venturing outside it will certainly spell your doom. Now, to whom am I speaking to? You're new - surely you have a name."

Zurg could be many things. He could be friend and he could be foe. It all depended on how people reacted. How will Alexander act?

Wolfe
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Wolfe on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:42 pm

“So this city is filled with hidden guardians?” Alexander began walking along side this man dressed in robes. So I’m safe as long as I’m in the city. That’s good. I can calm down now. Listening to him, Alexander began to relax for the first time in days. It felt nice not having to look over his back ever few seconds in case that robot or jester guy showed up. This man was being so nice to me even though I am a stranger. Of course he didn’t meet me when I was preaching about my own opinions. Then this guy might’ve been on Aya’s side. Once he was done, Alex answered his question with a slight bow. It was customary in Caerlia for someone to bow to a person of higher power and Alex got the feeling that Zurg should be considered a person of power.

“I’m Alexander Theusson. May I ask you for your name?”

This guy definitely seemed nice. He didn’t have a touch of hostility in his voice. Alex was calm by now. He was even lowering his guard now. Hopefully this stranger will become friends with Alexander.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:18 pm

"Yes. I suppose you could call them hidden guardians," the monarch remarked. And the boy thought Zurg nice? Well! He should definitely have seen the monarch back in his more rebellious heyday. But yes, there was no hostility - for now, that is. As far as Zurg was concerned, he didn't know what the boy had done in the Sanctuary. Such was the price of voluntary isolation. The monarch did have to pause at the boy's gesture of civility, however. "Please, that is not necessary. I am trying to live a humble life now." Ah, but Zurg had already forgotten! This boy didn't know him or his numerous titles - this was probably an act out of politeness or custom. In that case, the monarch didn't pay much mind and looked down at the boy. "Your name is Alexander?" That brought back memories, didn't it? "Hmm... I knew an Alexander once... Actually, I believe he is still around but he is much more reclusive than I am." Those were certainly older times...

Of course, it wouldn't do to leave Alexander hanging with a man who had no name. The monarch thus answered, "My preferred name is Zurg. That's what most call me these days, anyway. I... don't have a last name so just Zurg will do." Making friends was a hard, trying process. It involved a lot of work and, sadly, a lot of heartbreak. The monarch was fairly protective of himself, including wounds from memories best unspoken. It will be... difficult to make friends with him.

"So, Alexander, you are new, yes?" Zurg continued, still walking in the usual, comfortable pace. "And if you are new, then you most likely need a place to stay. There's an inn, you know. It's free and I hear the food is quite nice. You should probably go there if you need a place to stay. Otherwise, you may need funds to purchase a home of your own."

Wolfe
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Wolfe on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:45 am

“Glad to meet you Zurg.” Alex continued to walk long side Zurg. Alex had heard about this inn before. Since he didn’t know about the ISOs, he didn’t want to take the chance of running into Aya or any of her friends. But this was the first time he had heard anything about housing. It would be nice to have my own house. I could work on new sword designs in private. Alex usually spent most of his free time designing new sword shapes and types. He had an idea for a new one, but hasn’t had the peace, or time, to practice making it. I wonder if I can get it like my house back in Caerlia. Of course I would have to find a job to pay for it.

“Zurg, what kind of jobs are here? I’m interested in getting a house.” Alex did to like his privacy. Hopefully there is some kind of guarding jobs, I can’t think of anything else I’m good at. If I work on my social skills, I might be able to work in a market. I would just have to hold my tongue I the presence of a scientist or undead person, like Aya.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:26 am

So he didn't immediately take a liking to the inn and was inquiring about a job? "Ambitious, aren't we?" Zurg commented. What kind of jobs, what kind of jobs... The monarch eventually had to shake his head and say, "As far as I am aware, there are no jobs currently available. But you can always post that you are looking for work - the bulletin board is the place for advertisement." Alexander may or may not have much luck there, but it was better than nothing at all. "But, in the event if you do not wish to become employed, you can try your hand at being the employer," he added. This took a bit more finesse to pull off, naturally. "If you have a trade worthy enough, others may seek you out for your craft - whatever that may be. It may be wiser for you to accept an apprenticeship with someone, however, and gain reputation this way." Zurg didn't know what the boy was good at so he kept it vague.

All this talking eventually led them both to an intersection, where the monarch stopped at the corner and pushed a button for the crosswalk up ahead. It was dangerous to leap unthinking into traffic, you know. "Is there anything else you wish to ask, Alexander?" the alien inquired. If not, then forever hold your peace. Zurg was carrying perishables and he didn't want his groceries to spoil.

Wolfe
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Wolfe on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:45 pm

Hmm. Who would take me on as an apprentice? Definitely not a scientist or undead being after they heard what I said in the Sanctuary. I could open a fencings school but I would have to buy equipment for it. Sam works at a donut store. I could see if I could get a job there. I could work on the design for my donut sword and learn how to make donuts too. The thought of being able to make his own donuts gave Alex a strong craving for them now. I need to get to the Sanctuary.

Looking down each street, Alex figured out which route he would have to take to get back to the Sanctuary. Thinking if he had any more questions to ask Zurg, Alex scratched his head.

“I can’t think of any else to ask. It was good meeting you, Zurg. I hope you get home before your food spoils.”

Alex twisted his hand over his chest so the palm would face out and bounded slightly again. Other custom from Caerlia, it was a way to thank you and goodbye to someone who had helped you. Alex ran across the street before the lights changed. He turned and waved as he ran down the street leading to the Sanctuary.

“Thanks for your help, Zurg.” I should learn the customs of this world too. Just so I don’t confuse or offend anyone else.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:46 pm

A doughnut sword? Well, that was certainly a unique - albeit useless - invention. "Out of questions already?" The alien chuckled to himself, once again finding something amusing. Such an anxious boy. Hopefully he learns to settle down before getting a foot sent straight into his mouth - figuratively and literally. "It was a pleasure to happen upon you as well, Alexander," Zurg rumbled, dipping his veiled head slightly. "May you find all the answers you seek, avoiding your would-be executioner's axe." A feat that may be easier said than done, but if the boy played his cards right... The monarch lifted his gaze up and watched Alexander take off, quietly waiting his turn for the little green walking man.

"Brash and impulsive, but I suppose everyone deserves a second chance." Even horrible people like an Evil Emperor. Zurg thought no more of it and continued his walk home, where his second chance was already waiting for him.

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:36 pm