Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Re: Nothing to see here.

Post by Cailia Hallow on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:04 pm

No words, Bloodscream? Tsk tsk! Were you really going to skip on along how to your bar and let her have all the fun? For shame, for shame! Cailia was already turned on heel, waiting a few moments longer before she flounced further into the little town. Just about ready to move out and leave the conflicted immortal in the dust but she paused longer still. What was that noise?

Clink, Clink, Clink.

She froze, more footsteps? Maybe their peek and dash guest had come back in heavier shoes this time. Squinting again Cailia stared on intently, face turning to one of a quick jaw drop. Clunky, metallic and eyes that glowed through the darkness. Her former partner in shenanigans, crime and murders of the mass degrees."Barry? BARRY!" Cailia exclaimed, the jaw no longer dropped but instead a wide grin was stuck across her face. So that is where that stout tin can had waddled off too! "Barry you dog! Why didn't you tell me you moved? I was living all on my lonesome in that damned shop of yours. I had to move, you ass!" Taking another step closer she spread her arms wide to number 66."Seriously you tin-can, I was nearly a smidge worried when you up and vanished! Now I have to torment Blade all on my own! Have half a mind to knock your sorry helm right off, like old times~!" The hybrid chuckled loudly, turning back to Bloodscream before returning her gaze unto the armor bound soul.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Bloodscream felt far too anxious, the urge to chase after Logan and strangle information out of him was great indeed. What was he doing here? When was he from? When had he arrived? Of course, he wasn't simply anxious for knowledge as well, the immortal longed to chase the other down and beat them, to make them pay.

It was a desire like he had not felt the likes of in a long time.

But he had to finish the job.

And finish the job he would, and then he would return and hunt Logan down. Or, at least he would have, if it had not been for Miss Hallow who seemed to feel the need to throw a wrench within his plans. Go on ahead, she said, but she wanted to keep looking around.

Miss Hallow, he growled. He did not have time for her jokes, they, particularly he, had come for one reason and one reason only. And while she may have her own agenda she had come with him. Which made her his companion, at least in this little adventure. He could leave her, but that would mean leaving her to whatever malevolent forces could possibly wander in the area. If she died, the blame could fall back on him. However if they did not return then the shame could be even greater.

Lochlann shall not stand up and walk away, we may come back. He said, attempting to appeal to her reason. He would rather not drag her back to the city by her hair.

Clink, clink, clink!

Now what? The pale immortal turned his attention away from the woman and to the direction of the noise. What was all of this now? Was it Logan coming back? No, it appeared that it was someone else this time, someone in a suit of armor.

"Barry? BARRY!"

So, Miss Hallow knew this figure? Bloodscream remained silent and observant, watching for how the two would interact. Why was it that Logan had appeared in this place? And now this "Barry", what were they both doing here? What were the odds that two people that both Bloodscream and Miss Hallow knew where in Lochlann? Something was not right, the hairs standing on the back of Bloodscreams neck.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:50 am

What is the matter, Bloodscream? Do you feel a chill?
    "Hoi, Honey~♥!" greeted Barry in return, chuckling sinisterly. "Gheheh... It's been too long, s'that right? How is Angelo and Junior, hun? You feedin' 'em right?" he asked. The suit of armor then twirled his cleaver playfully, letting it rest atop a plated shoulder before continuing, "Hey, you... you moved? From my shop!?" Barry floundered comically in place, portions of his helm turning a bright red due to frustration. "That shop took me money and shit to keep! Whaddaya live in now!? It was a perfectly good place!" That was a woman for you. But he soon settled down, cooling his temper. "Eh, I guess that's what I get for runnin' out on ya, hun... Look, I dun know how to tell ya this but I had to follow the meat." He should probably explain and Barry leaned against his carving knife, starting to lecture. "So you know that time after Dark, right hun? And the time we gave that bitch, Lilith, a stompin', right? Ya know the one I'm talkin' about, hun. She was as stupid as a sack of rocks. Sure felt good killin' her, though. Gheheh..." Oh, he didn't explain. Barry fanned a hollowed hand and rolled things along. "Anyway, as I was sayin', I had to follow the meat. It called to me, hun. So much meat to cut up and carve. This village was a paradise compared to the city! I didn' mean to leave you, Zippo, or Junior but somethin' took hold of me. I dun know how to describe it... It was like I was in a trance, but I didn' go empty."

Barry had always been a butcher; it was all he knew. He gestured a pleased hand at the village surrounding them. "Notice the lack of peeps?" the suit of armor asked, sounding pretty smug. He laughed, "Gheheh! All me, baby! I cut them people up and made fine meats outta of 'em! Some of 'em needed to lose the weight, anyway." Done telling what he had been up to, Barry glanced at the pale man beside Cailia and squinted. "Eh? Yer boyfriend seems awfully apprehensive, hun. It's like somethin' crawled up his ass and died. What gives?" His attention didn't last for long on the man, however, and soon Barry took a positive interest concerning Blade. "Oh, that twerp is still around? Damn, I woulda thought someone had done him in by now. I guess he ain't got much longer to live if he's in your sights, hun. You always did do a thorough job~!" Just like old times, eh? The suit of armor acted tickled that Cailia wanted to knock him up, and he would gladly do the same. It was their way of getting along. That would have to wait; Barry eyed the man a second time and resumed squinting.

"Hmm..." What was he thinking about? He didn't say and Barry glanced back at Cailia. "Uh, I kinda forgot what I wanted to--OH. Yeah, now I remember. Hun, whaddaya doin' all the way out here? There ain't much to see besides dead things and shit. After I had my way with the folks, stuff kinda... went south, if ya know what I mean. You lookin' for somethin'?" The suit of armor paused and leaned forward, excited. "And if ya are, can I go with ya and kill all the shit that gets in yer way~?" But he thought about something and reined in his enthusiasm. "Eh, yer probably busy with some official shit or whatever... Ain't nobody got the time for comin' out here just because. Still, whaddaya hopin' to find?"

The armor even tilted his head quizzically, geniunely curious. But then he apparently remembered what he had forgotten and Barry started to flail again. "Yo, that's right! You're Bloodscream!" he shouted, huffing and puffing. "I ain't forgotten what ya did to Zippo, ya jerk! How can ya live with yerself!" His tirade quickly ended and the suit of armor was back to civility.
    "........So, like, how ya doin'?"

Black Soulstone: Duriel - Inactive
    Passive illusion - Number 66 (Barry the Chopper)
    AP Total: 87/88

DP Total: 50/50
    HP Total: 490/490
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 57

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Good Ole' Barry, his voice sure was nice to hear after...how long had he been gone? A long while she figured, right? Just went and proved how little she actually payed attention to time passed, but considering where she spent a lot of her time is was easy to understand why that was. Cailia shook her head, giving an eye roll at the mention of the beloved 'furry children' Barry had so fondly picked up. "No, No. I don't take care of animals, you know that! You'd have to take that up with Zippy, and if we know her they are both safe and sound, so give that soft heart of yours a rest." Her and animals did mix too well, not cats anyway. And she just had to go and open her mouth, now the little tin-man was getting all in a tizzy. Shrugging off the tirade easily, there was a dismissive wave from the woman before she addressed Barry with barest hint of annoyance. "Yes, I did. I had to you idiot! I couldn't live there with people expecting sandwiches from YOU. What did you expect me to do, actually prepare food for people? Don't expect me to pay you anything either!" She paused, giving the Chopper a squint when he asked what she lived in now. Waggling a finger at him, she shook her head clicking her tongue a few times for some effect/"Where do I live? In a box, Barry. A really nice box." Like she was going to tell him, she didn't need a butcher clanking around her halls and making his 'special' sandwiches for anyone. It wasn't something to linger over, and Barry didn't seem to stay on that path as he was already explaining why he up and left.

Meat. Meat. Meat.

All he ever thought about, like a true man. If she had been expecting anything else, she really shouldn't have. Not to say Barry didn't have his moments of inexplicable deepness but when it came to murder it was pretty cut and dry. Cailia brought a hand to her chin, tapping away in thought at the mention of Lilith. Now why did that ring a bell? Stupid as a sack of rocks, that could describe nearly half the breach but the more she tried to think on it she kept getting an image of tattoos. Though Mister Dark was something she was better off forgetting about, he had duped her right out of a good pay when he got himself all beaten down and shoved into a gold casket. "Mhhm, Lilith. What I remember best about Mister Dark is you trying to murder Zippy and I while we slept." She reminded him with a notable amount of sourness in her voice and expression. Yeah, that had been an ordeal alright trying to get Zippy and her heard out before Barry made them into the next's days special. With a long sigh, Cailia once more shook her hand planting her hands on either hip as she regarded the armor. He wanted a paradise to chop up meat, his great explanation was being entrapped in a trance. She had to wonder how he was never caught. Those ISO's must not be as up to snuff as she had thought before if Barry could prance about merrily slaughtering away. Her back straightened up as Barry was showing off his fine handy work of vanishing the entire town population for finer meats. So proud of himself, wasn't he now?

"Hmhmhmhm." Cailia chuckled before tilting her head to gaze upon Barry curiously. "One hell of a job, Bar-Bar. But its so strange of you not to leave a mess, did you finally start cleaning up after yourself~? You've just grown up far to fast!" Her playful demeanor stopped when he dared to call Bloodscream her boyfriend, causing her to cringe away from said immortal with a deep frown. "Not my boyfriend, Barry. I don't know whether to be insulted or horrified that you would even consider that." It was hard to be displeased when the matter of something wiggling its way up to die in Bloodscream's posterior, her pressed together to stifle the laughs that were threatening to come up. Glancing to the pale immortal she coughed loudly dispelling her snerks, gladly taking the topic change to Blade to forget about butts of a certain degree. "Still around, but as annoying as ever. But he got himself killed once but sadly not by my hands. Though I'm sure with his track record he'll be knocked to the pool sooner or later~! Awh, sweetheart and here I thought my work was never appreciated~!" The good old days indeed, either thicker than thieves or like fire and ice but weren't the best of partnerships that way. All this nostalgia had her hoping that the armor bound soul would make his way back to the city, maybe for even another round of transmuting. Alchemy was always fun now wasn't it?

Why where they the whole way out here? To play in the dirt, but that didn't sound like a very good answer. "I don't really have much of an idea though I'd say sight-seeing, but doesn't seem like very much to see. If you wanted the fun to last you shoulda left some of them alive to live in terror because now it is boring." Definitely went south, to the deep south in her opinion which brought up a good question actually. "If all the people are gone why did you stay here? Don't tell me you actually like it here? I figured you loved the city life unless you place on farming here?" She could almost see it now; Old McBarry had a farm with death everywhere. Cailia wasn't one to get easily suspicious but maybe that 'trance' had done a number on Barry or at least more than he was aware of. "Not here to find anything, though I'd love to know why it is so dead around here aside from the fact you brutally slaughtered the residents." The hybrid considered the possibility of Barry being able to cause the current affliction but thought better of it after remember that he couldn't even preform magic or alchemy. He knew how it worked but he couldn't operate anything. He was curious though, she wondered if warning him about curiosity killing the cat would garter a chuckle or get her a complimentary cleaver to the face. Deciding against piping up about cats lest he get started on another tirade she snorted as Barry finally realized who Bloodscream was and start spouting off to him. Her eyes rolled again, awaiting for the Chopper to become silent again before dropping her two cents in. "He lives with it more than likely the same way you live with chopping meat; with a smile~." Or in Barry's case a figurative smile, then again his helm was capable of doing the oddest expressions after all.
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:52 pm

A chill indeed. Look out, winter was coming.

Bloodscream remained quiet, allowing the two old colleagues to exchange their necessary banter, allowing him to observe the man of armor with scrutiny. So, he had been here all this time had he? Just chopping up any innocent civilian, how interesting, though if true it would certainly explain the lack of living beings.

Bloodscream tried to remember when he had last seen the armored one, to see if his story could possibly correlate with the ISO's announcement. Sadly, he could not. He had not been close with the killer, rarely had even talked to him, and had not actually known of his disappearance until told by another. How unfortunate, perhaps by remembering Bloodscream would have been able to come to some solid conclusion instead of being left standing in the dark with only a strong sense that something was very, very off.

"Where do I live? In a box, Barry. A really nice box."

And yet she still managed to drink like a fish, and boyfriend? Bloodscream did not even know where the woman lived. His repulsion however for the most part remained internal, save for a single twitch of his eye. And how did he live with it? The kettle asked the pot, Boodscream's mouth opened, to respond but it appeared that Miss Hallow for some unknown reason or other felt the need to say, if in different words, exactly what he had been going to say.

Well then. Bloodscream let his mouth close, no point in simply restating what was already said and wasting more of their precious time, especially not when there was still something very wrong with this situation.

Miss Hallow, doth thou not find it queer that in the span of several minutes we both have seen faces from long ago? Really now Miss Hallow, did you not find it odd in the least? What were the actual odds that in this dead place they would both meet people from long ago?

Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:07 pm

Barry let out a "sigh" of relief when the suit of armor heard about Junior and Angelo. "Whew... That's a monkey off my back," he muttered. His tone quickly shifted to one of further annoyance, retorting, "What!? Why would they come expectin' sammiches from you!? Everyone knows you can't make a sammich worth a damn, hun!" At least not to the professional level of quality Barry could. But whatever; she must adore living in that box of hers. The suit of armor ignored her back-sass and didn't want to dwell on petty bickering. He also found her subtle accusation worthy of another hotheaded harangue. "HEY! You know damn well I had been under some stinkin' spell or somethin'!" Barry defended loudly. It was true, though. He had tried to kill the two and the suit "sighed" for a second time. "Ehh... Yeah, guilty as charged, I s'pose. Ain't nothin' I can say to deny that but you gotta give me some credit, hun. If I wanted to kill ya both, I could've. But I didn't, so there. I got a little bit's worth of willpower or whatever." Just not when it came to meat and hacking up limbs.

The topic then became interesting; Barry's reddened "eyes" blinked and he continued to wear a dopey, hollowed expression. "...Huh? OH. Nah, I didn't clean for shit," he admitted without remorse. The suit of armor resumed twirling his cleaver around a finger, listening to it slice through the air fondly. "I said I killed the people; I didn't dispose of them. Yeah, some I found good enough to package and sell as meat but everything else?" He shrugged, not particularly concerned either way. He expected them to both want an answer so here it was, "Y'know, it's funny ya say that, Bloodscream. I bet yer lookin' for that hairy guy, right?" This surely must interest you. But you will have to wait; Barry became easily distracted with Cailia's dialogue.
    "A... a farm? Why would I live on a farm!? Although, come to think of it, I could raise, like, a million cats on it. Ghehehe!" Barry stupidly grinned, cupping both gauntlets to his "cheeks". Oh, wait. Bloodscream was still being a party pooper.

"Hey, who ya callin' a queer?" Barry growled. Eh, whatever.
    The suit of armor went straight for the chase and continued, "Anyway, as I was sayin', there's this guy. Like, this really indestructible guy. No matter what I do, I just can't leave a dent on him!" And this irked Barry the Chopper to no end imaginable. "How am I supposed to be taken seriously if I can't chop up one measly asshole with a fuckin' jungle for a beard!? Seriously, he's as hairy as hun's upper lip before waxin'!" he yelled with great exasperation. Barry nearly lost his helm at all the jiggling around and the suit scrambled messily to catch it. "Hey, hey! Careful on the goods, pal," came the snide remark aimed at his body. Helm soon fastened where a head should have been, the hollowed suit of armor had more to say.
    "He's also got them... thingies." Not very descriptive so he tried again. "Eh... I guess really shiny knives that come sliding out of his skin. They spring up like daisies from his hands and boy; do those damn fuckers HURT!"

To emphasize Barry turned around, displaying his backside to the two.
    And on it were three, deep gouges made by something incredibly strong. What could it be?

The suit rotated to face them and felt incredibly ashamed. To the point of blind fury. "If I ever get my paws on that dick, then I'mma chop off his penis and tell him to grow THAT back! This space metal ain't cheap!" It was frustrating to hunt down a man who seemingly could not die and could revitalize his body at alarming speeds. A butcher like Barry thought he had found the ultimate dream but, instead, he had stumbled upon an immortal headache.
    "As for who cleaned up this place?" Barry shrugged again, signifying that he was not too keen on the details. "Beats the hell outta me. This place is kinda... weird. I don't really know what's up with it but I do know that bastard is gonna get a cleaver to the face if it's the last thing I do." He also found Cailia's answer as to why they were here somewhat... vague.

"Eh? You don't have much of an idea why you're here?" Well, that was strange. Barry scratched at his head with a finger, trying to process her words over and over. When nothing came of it, he grunted, "Okay, so yer... just fartin' around out in the boonies. With... Bloodscream." Didn't make too much sense from his perspective. Barry sensed something amiss and he didn't need to be a detective to think so.
    "Are you guys, like, on a quest or somethin'...? 'Cause, if you are, there's lots of stuff to loot if ya want. I didn't touch nothin'; didn't interest me. Oh, but watch out for the crows. They kinda like shiny shit." He pointed a finger upward, where dozens of glossy black birds stooped from their perches. The crevices lit up with golden twinkles and soft rustling was heard. "They're also pretty damn creepy..."

"Caw, caw, caw!"

Passive illusion - Number 66 (Barry the Chopper)
    AP Total: 86/88

Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:51 am

Psht. Typical Barry, so soft in the head without actually having one. The woman snorted as he declared that she couldn't make a sandwich worth a damn."Hey now, I've gotten better at cooking I'll have you know. If I wanted I could make even better sandwiches than you could and have the pleasure of tasting them too." Was it a cheap potshot at his binding condition? Why, yes but he rightly deserved it and she had so missed having a chance to jab at the Chopper so much. Much like her sass was ignored, Cailia too turned momentarily deaf at the outburst from Barry defending his stance on his attacks during Mister Dark. Yadda-Yadda, it was sure one hell of a way to get him riled up fast as could be. She pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head to Barry, feigning a exasperated annoyed disposition towards him."Trance, Trance, Trance. Second verse same as the first. Give it a arrest you tin can or I might actually be inclined to think you care too much with that 'will power' chatter1" She exclaimed shoving a finger in Barry's direction a few times. Living away from civilization for so long must have been doing awful things to him, then again maybe he shouldn't have slaughtered the entire population.

Now she wasn't one to call out a fibber but if he didn't clean house then why were the streets so...bloodless? Empty and barren like the inside of his armor. He didn't clean but there were no bodies so far. Now that struck her oddly, maybe something lost in translation? "So where are all the bodies, unless you are a big, clunking liar. Was everyone dead when you got here, Bar-Bar? Its alright to admit it." She didn't think he'd be the type to take credit for the work of another, but maybe poor Barry the Chopper was all wrong nowadays. Of course she herself was distracted with Bloodscream noting how two different people who held some significance to them had appeared within minutes of each other. "Hairy guy and Barry, mh? Won't say it doesn't strike me odd that there are two people stupid enough to linger here." She cast a glace to the side at Bloodscream before focusing to number 66's dwelling son owning a farm with too many cats to even be possible. She would never understand the obsession he had with felines, it was completely boggling to her that such independent creature were so well liked by so many people. Her thoughts on cats was cut short by talk of a man of extreme hairiness with knives that...shot out of his hands. Who was also indestructible. The hybrid simply looked on at Barry, partly in disbelief and another part doubtful until her showed off his damaged ass. Oh was he lucky he was just a suit of armor but sill she was skeptical about knives popping out of a furry man's hands like spring flowers after rain showers.

"Going right for the pride of a man, are you? Sure you are projecting some sort of inadequacy there? I'm sure you can always get more metal from space or whatever it is. Plus you can't even feel pain Barry, you area goddamn suit of armor." Him and his whining, he ought just move right back to the city to avoid that headache from the living deadly chia pet but that was just her spin on things and if she knew Barry he was going to attempt to settle the score. "If you cleaver him, it won't matter. You said he was indestructible, remember? Its just one big waste of time. Maybe he started cleaning on up after you too." She doubted that would be enough to deter him from his chop happy goals, but reminding him of how he wouldn't be able to actually kill this supposed 'immortal' immortal might just get a nice rise out of him. As for her vagueness, she was partly aware of their goal but in other words she just found it to be particularly boring. "I didn't plan the trip, that was all Bloodscream here. But wasting time in the dead sticks sounds about right for us, a great way to pass those really long boring days." Deduce what he will, Cailia wasn't going to be the singing songbird in this case, she'd leave that all up to her partner of the moment and allow him to handle that all. She gave a shrug at mention of a quest, deeming their excursion nothing as fascinating as an event as that. "Not that I can recall. And I didn't bring the right stuff for looting place the stuff might be cursed and I am against being cursed, thank you very much." Cailia informed the Chopper smoothly before staring to the crows, giving them a squint for a few seconds. "Eeeeh. Just birds, scavengers birds. Right? Anyhow, as much fun as it was to catch up. We got things to see, don't we Bloodscream?" Would he allow her to keep going or would he punch her out and drag her trouble attracting body back to the city. Considering that she now had led them to the path of settlement exploration the answer might be yes.

Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:13 pm

By god those two could run their mouths, or perhaps it was just that he did not talk very much that their mere idle chatter seemed to clog the very air around them in a manner that was most, suffocating. Almost as much as the dread that seemed to cover the area like a wet blanket.

You'd have to forgive Bloodscreams lack of contribution to your conversation, he never was much for words. But just because he didn't speak, didn't mean that he did not listen. Especially as Barry the chopper described the indestructibility of the Logan look-a-like. Yes, it was true, Mr. Patch was indeed near indestructible. Nay, Bloodscream would go as far to say that the other was a true immortal, much like himself. Untouched by age, and blood.....

Bloodscream felt the urge to chase again. To rip the others throat, split him gut to grin, but he restrained though great the temptation was. No, back to the topic at hand.

They were "Farting around in the boonies" were they? Well yes, actually, now they were. All because Miss Hallow had felt the need to act the adventurer when there were more pressing matters at hand. How the other ever finished any professional work was beyond him.

The armor clad killer invited them to explore further, look and loot, as the saying might go.

Mayhap another time, we have important business to see to, in the city.

Miss Hallow.
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:56 am

Smart. Barry the Chopper was not, inherently, a clever fellow but the suit of armor had his wiles. He was keen to Cailia's avoidance of certain questions; her answers were intentionally vague. And if they were intentionally vague... "Ghehehe," chuckled Number 66. "If I didn't know any better, hun, I'd say you were hidin' somethin' from me." Whatever, whatever could that be? Barry's hollow gauntlet gripped his cleaver tightly, both eyes vividly bright from within the unnatural helm. "Now, now... You know me, Honey. When I go out to kill, I go out to keep. All them folks are dead, I can tell you that for a fact." There were no villagers to attest differently, leaving his story to be accurate for the time being. The suit of armor's grip became so taut that his entire arm shook, Barry rattling noisily.
    "Caw, caw, caw!"

"Ghehehe..."
    Crows flew from the safety of shadow, encircling above in a maddening spiral of shrill cries. "Caw, caw, caw!" Liars, liars, liars! Soon the entire sky darkened, and a grave presence saturated the air. That was when Barry changed. The suit of armor, still chuckling in his deranged manner, looked up and eyed the two trespassers with unrelenting obsession. "Oooh... Ya hear that?" he asked playfully. "Them crows are all riled up. You took somethin' from this place, didn't ya?"
    "Caw, caw, caw!"
    Thieves, thieves! They took the earth!
    Barry nodded at something not there, acting completely mad. "Whatcha take, Bloodscream? Huh? Whatcha take, old pal, old chum, old partner in crime? Whatcha got there, in yer belt?" Several of the crows then swooped down with an ear-splitting whistle, jabbing their sharp beaks at the pale man's waist. Barry noticed without fail that something was amiss on the mercenary's person. "Whazzat? A vial? Whatcha takin' a vial for, hun?" The suit of armor's eyes continued to glow hotter and hotter; to the point where they mimicked burning coals. Wisps of heat escaped from the orifices in Barry's helm, a reddish warmth slowly churning from within his body. "Boy, is it gettin' hot in here or is it me?" The question was rhetorical, insignificant. Number 66 already knew the answer and he stared into the souls of his company.

Liar, liar...
    Did you hear it? Did you hear it tickle your very being?

Thump... Thump... Thump... Heavy boot after heavy boot, Barry approached. He approached but not all was well. "Huff, huff..." Unlike before, his demeanor was no longer cheerful and prone to spasm. Now the suit grew tired, heavy. His movements were cumbersome and lethargic, leaving his bulky figure to struggle standing upright. That was not everything, however. The most striking realization was just how hot Barry was becoming. Each passing second that ticked by on Time's cruel watch, the suit of armor reddened. The strange phenomenon first radiated from his torso and then outward, the air around him crackling due to enormous heat. "Yer... Yer smarter than I give ya credit for," he wheezed. Thump... Thump... Plop! Thump... Bits and pieces of the armor's metallic body now drooped and sagged; each step, one after the other, left hissing dollops of heated metal behind. "Yer not like the other folk who pass through here... Yer on a mission but why?"
    "Caw, caw, caw!"
    Why, why, why!

Barry wanted to know. Barry needed to know. He was close enough to the trespassers; close enough to reach out with his melting arms and gaze upon them with his misshapen helm. "Gheheheh... Gheheheh!" But before he could lay a single molten red finger on either of them, his metal digits dripped down onto the ground in a liquid mess. Plop, plop, plop! Nubs replaced his arms at the elbow and now Barry had become to the point of being unrecognizable. He was nothing more than a crimson mass of igneous metal and something began to peep beneath his bubbling helm.
    "GheheheHEHEHEHEEEEE! YOU'RE A LIAR, HUN! YOU'RE A DIRTY, ROTTIN' LIAR!" Number 66 screamed. And as he screamed that high-pitched scream, an ungodly wail escaping his burning body, the shape of a skeleton surfaced from its metallic tomb and those searing eyes became the hottest they had ever been. Skeletal fingers then latched upon Cailia's arms and the ground beneath her feet ruptured into a hissing fissure!

"LIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR!"

The skeleton's heated hands burned like fire, leaving scorched imprints upon the woman's skin. An unmistakeable smell of charred flesh began to permeate the air. "LIAR!" it continued to scream. "LIAR, LIAR, LIAR! YOU LIED TO ME, HONEY, AND NOW YOU WILL ROT IN THE ETERNAL FLAMES OF HELL!"

"Caw, caw, caw!"
    Burn in Hell, burn in Hell!
    The hissing fissure beneath Cailia's feet erupted, boiling-hot steam surging all around her and the shrieking skeleton of metal and fire. Do you not see it, Cailia? Do you not see that as the melting rock falls beneath your feet that the Gates of Hell lay ready to claim you? A boiling pit of magma swirled far, far below; the Devil was ready, Cailia. It was ready, and the churning maelstrom below rumbled loudly in anticipation. The burning sensation traveling up your heels and calf licked you tenderly.
    But she was not meant to suffer alone. Barry's metal skeleton, with eyes of brimstone, snapped his skull to face Bloodscream. His jawbone then parted into a boney grin and his skull rolled around upon its neck, wailing another bloodcurdling scream. In a surge of flame Cailia was sent flying away and the skeleton was no more. It could not be, for now stood a fiery apparition of the very man Bloodscream had been searching all his life: Mr. Patches.

"You'll never reverse your condition with my blood, pal!" the man shouted roughly, a scowl parting his smoldering lips. "You're damned for the rest of your miserable life! A ghoul forced to feed off others until the end of yours days! I'll see you in HELL!"

And lo, Barry, Mr. Patches, and the Skeleton as one let forth a tremendous burst of unholy fire. They were the familiar and the other; your darkest desires and your deepest fears. But if you both thought to live through this confusing ordeal unscathed... Mr. Patches lifted up his right hand and three sharp blades of fire split from his crackling skin. He spoke not a syllable more; there was no need to. He simply made a lunge for Bloodscream and impaled the pale man directly in his abdomen.
    "Caw, caw, caw!"
    See you in Hell, see you in Hell!

The wound had been made, the pact sealed. Mr. Patches, Barry, and the Skeleton made a mad dash for the hellish hole in the earth and dove. A mass of black, thick smoke enveloped them, the entity of three names, and they were no more. No one would dare follow. In a shrieking gale of beating wings the crows, hundreds in number, swirled over the fiery gate and plummeted down into the inferno. It was almost as if they were pulled to the chasm, creatures of evil drawn back down where Hell resided. They cawed and cried until the very last one quickly passed the threshold and no sooner had the harbingers of darkness made the wicked plunge... the gaping scar closed up and the fires of Hell roared into a low mumble. All became quiet. There was no raging fissure, there were no crows or ghosts of the past. There was only silence.
    The wounds Cailia had sustained also no longer existed, nor any sign or telling of what had transpired. No molten pools of metal remained. It was as if the two of them had just entered the eerie village of Lochlann. The town where darkness had eternally fallen. Had this been nothing more than a dream?

Ring...! Ring...! Ring...!
    Further away, upon a lone hilltop, rang an old bell of the village cathedral. And with its toll, the trial of a cursed man about to begin.

Bloodscream...

Passive illusion - Nothing
    Power: Curse of Sin (Target - Bloodscream; for three days he succumbs to his darkest desires. Diablo cannot target another person in a week's worth of PB time and Bloodscream cannot be targeted again twice-in-a-row. RPer is free to RP the curse as they please, be it gradual or sudden.)
    AP Total: 71/88

Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Mon May 06, 2013 6:03 pm

(Cailia's rper told me to go on ahead so here I go.)

What.

Did.

He.

FUCKING.

TELL YOU!

Bloodscream watched, quietly, waiting, perhaps that was his downfall. He should have acted, should have left the other to her fate, should have completed the mission. The crows cried and cried, their caws sharp and piercing to the ears. They punctuated Barry the Choppers words, eerie music to his quickly changing attitude.

He knew they were on a mission, but how? How was it that he knew!

Bloodscream soon got his answer, this was not Barry at all. Oh, the ISO's had indeed been wise to warn others away from Lochlann, Bloodscream could see that now as Barry, what once was Barry, reached out with his melting hands and seized Cailia in his burning grip. Damn that woman! Damn her for being so useless and damn him for allowing her to lead him into this mess! Bloodscream drew his swords, preparing to tush the other and remove him from Cailia. As it would seem however the other was already done with the woman and cast her aside. Now turning his attention to Bloodscream he appeared no longer as a melting Barry the Chopper, but instead as a burning phantom of Logan himself.

"You'll never reverse your condition with my blood, pal! You're damned for the rest of your miserable life! A ghoul forced to feed off others until the end of yours days! I'll see you in HELL!"

Bloodscream felt fear grip him in it's bony claws. What was this? What was this creature that knew him and knew his fears and wants and could assume the form of Wolverine, of Barry! What sort of monster was this! It was the fear that made his limbs slow, or perhaps it was simply surprise at how the other lunged at him. Whatever the reason, three long claws found their way inside his torso. The act done the claws then withdrew, leaving Bloodscream with no visible wound but a poison inside him that he could not identify. Could not even recognize as being there.

From the distance something whispered his name, it's voice calling to him in seductive tones almost inaudible due to the ringing of the bells. And yet he heard, and he wanted.

Wanted to find whatever that was and destroy it! Wanted to find answers! Wanted to tear apart- Well, speaking of things that he wanted to tear apart. Why not focus on the one that was closest to him?

Wench! He spit at Cailia, a sudden transformation overtaking him. His face becoming gaunter, lower jaw growing longer, teeth becoming sharper and jutting from his mouth. Claws, teeth, gangling limbs, truly he looked the ideal picture of a monster as he turned to face Miss Hallow.

Did I not tell thee it was unwise to venture here! Now look at what has happened! We have been attacked! All because thou wished to adventure forth like a blind fool! This would never have happened had thou actually listened to me!
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Tue May 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Not smart, but he was catching on to something too fast for this hybrids liking. She groaned in slight annoyance at the armors continuance of prying. When had he got so nosy, like a gossipy old hen. He really needed to get off her case, she was a grown woman entitled to be as vague as she very well pleased. "Hiding something? Oh Barry, please. If I was hiding something I'd wouldn't bother telling you anything. When did you get so pushy to know my personal business, Barry?" She shrugged off the prying, finding it better to ignore the prying of the armor; after all it was none of his concern what she or Bloodscream were doing. "Just give it a rest, Barry. Its all in your head and of course every person here is dead, I believe you. We'll just be going now to, so toodles!" Cailia was really ready to head for the hills, she didn't like people being so...pushy. Even Barry was go far beyond the limits of what she was willing to tolerate. She took a step back giving the armor a lazily salute before stopping once more from escaping back to the thrall of the city. But why on the green planet was Barry rattling? God that noise! Cailia would openly admit that she despised the noises Barry was capable to produce. And when paired with the caw of crows it was simply infuriating.

Now he laughed. Great, laughing, rattling and birds. Her hands flexed before her arms crossed in front of her chest out of unamused habit. She hadn't recalled anything particularly funny, aside from how Barry was acting of course. Maroon eyes began to narrow more in annoyance before the murder began to circle with more of the incessant noise they were to fondly screaming down at them. "Oh great. Shoo! Get out of here you pests!" Now she waved her arms up at them in a half baked attempt to scare them off, as if the whole towns aura should have been enough to do that, right? It was now that Cailia may or may not have been considering pressing on ahead a grievous mistake as the sky began to darken and a heaviness befell them. Swallowing she looked to Bloodscream for some form of guidance or help as Barry commented about the crows being 'riled' up. In her opinion they just seemed to be absolutely insane.

Barry wrote:"You took somethin' from this place, didn't ya?"

Cailia gave a twitch at the mention of taking, they had taken dirt but how would Barry have known? He couldn't have been watching. They would have heard him, noticed him nearby wouldn't they?! Frozen to her spot watching the madness known as Barry nod as if someone were talking to him as normal as could be. Hindsight could only offer up that maybe listening to Bloodscream would have been a sound idea, but there she was with a notably unsound idea. Never going to live this one down, was she now? She winced at the excruciating screech from a few of the murder as they came down to assault Bloodscream, more importantly his vials. Now what was deduction tell her? That these birds were abnormal, as was Barry. And both seemed to have a similar frame of mind or Barry had learned how to control animals somehow. "We didn't take anything! Now you cut this shit right out, Barry!" She hissed to the armor as she reached out to try and swat the crows away from the immortal. "Call your little friends off or so help me I'l-!!?" Her threat fell flat when she returned a seething glare back to Number 66, her own eyes fixated on the startling bright glow of his eyes. Sure they had glowed but never like that, never with such fierce burning intensity. It wasn't his eyes that were striking the cords of settlements, not that had begun with the prying. He had coals for eyes now with steam filtering out from within. Once more, Cailia could not seem to find her voice to rip this Barry a new one or jump and begin to tear him apart.

One thump, two thump, three thump.

The butcher was coming closer and closer, slowly but surely like a man whom had just ingested to large a meal. All she had to do was move away, run away and take Bloodscream with her with the new found knowledge. All...she...had...to...do. Cailia stayed rigidly still and watched in dazed horror as the armor she had spent a vast amount of time with begin to turn red. Not with anger but with literal heat. It was as though he was pressed into the forge awaiting to be melted down and reformed for something else. Oh god why was she not running, she wasn't afraid. She did not feel fear. This was just Barry. Barry who is burning.' Came her mind's retort to the mental reasoning she was giving to herself to try and jump start an escape.

Drip. Plop. Plop. Plop.

Silver droplets, metal bits mimicking blood dripping as the heat had permeated all of the armor now. Why was this happening. No, no, no. That wasn't the right question, the question was not why but rather how. Cailia couldn't fathom a cause nor a reason for why someone she would possibly go as far to consider a friend on some strained level was causally melting away. Don't fall into panic, don't panic, stay smart. Stay smart! If she were smart she would have heeded her mission partner and left just as quickly as they had arrived. But now their collective problem lay with the rapidly melting mass of an armor who steadily was clunking forward. Finally she took a step back, prepared to run, ready and willing to run to avoid whatever this boiling mass of red metal was morphing into. Something was most certainly underneath that mess, something that she could assure with absolute faith couldn't be Barry...right?

Barry wrote:"GheheheHEHEHEHEEEEE! YOU'RE A LIAR, HUN! YOU'RE A DIRTY, ROTTIN' LIAR!"

She was a liar. She is a liar. Not good enough of a liar but still one none the less. Grinding her teeth, leaning forward to preparing to turn tail and flee when the pile of molten slag released something that was and never could be Barry. A skeleton that shrieked and wailed like the abomination that it was truly as the confines of scorching metal that held it prisoner no longer. There was a scream in return from the woman, Cailia howled as the bony grip of the bony hand seared into her flesh leaving her to writhe in pain and gag at the odor of burning flesh. Desperate to tear herself away from the pain of the burning, she was further brought into horror when the very maw of evil itself was opening beneath her very boots. The hybrid in her wild throes to freedom, cast a mistaken gaze down to the fiery abyss that was too real and too familiar. Old children's rhymes and songs never quite lived up to the real thing either. It was far hotter, but not so much as the hands that gripped onto her like a vice of death. She was going to be cast down into the fire, where all the evil waited to hungrily rip apart more evil in the never ending circle. Just like she had done. Alas she would not fall into resignation, there would be a fight no matter if it ended in futility on her part. The struggle to escape was renewed in strength as Cailia was not going to go down below to the devil's keep without fighting like a wildcat the whole way. Her teeth ground together, trying to draw focus away from the smell and the feel of heat brushing past her legs. But going down below didn't seem to be the plan for her this day, no rather she found herself in one moment in the skeletal grip and the next being launched with flames away.

Crashing into the ground, she rolled a few times before coming to a rest face down accompanied with a low groan to match the ache that thrummed in her dazed mind. The hybrid groaned once more, now pushing herself off the ground slowly, shaking her head to try and clear her mind to focus. The pounding in her ears was loud, just like the screaming and those damnable birds, it made the silence that Lochlann held seem far more appealing that before. Coming to stand shakily on two legs, Cailia looked to where Barry had transformed into a hellish figure and couldn't believe what she saw.

Nothing.

No hellfire, no bits and pieces of molten slag piles or even a bone. The ground bore no holes, no sign that it had exploded open with heat from only the deepest bowels of the earth. Unbelievable, she refused to accept it as a hallucination for it was too real, far too real! She felt pain, she had been burned. Yet when her eyes snapped down to look for the hand prints that burned into her flesh, there were none. It was all as if some terrible awful dream.

Bloodscream wrote:"Wench!"

Cailia tensed up and froze, so Bloodscream was still alive and kicking and obviously quite angry at a certain someone. Gee, listening might have been a really, really good idea. Slowly the woman turned her face to stare down a rapidly transforming, and definitely angry immortal. He might not have been a apparition of the fiery pits but he was surely one of eldtrich worthy rankings. Claws good for ripping and teeth good for gnashing left Cailia wishing that this would be the last time she would have to see this form at least for a long time. He was infuriated that she hadn't listened? When did she ever listen to anyone unless they paid for it. "Yes, yes, yes you did and you know what I will admit that I was wrong and you were right. So lets just go back to the city and we can finish our little outing with the knowledge that I fucked up and that something is here in Lochlann!" How cute, trying to reason with the monster that was severely pissed off at you. If he didn't calm down from that, then maybe she should just take the vials back herself and hope that she could out run him for the stretch of land before hitting the city. "So...why don't you just un-monster and we'll merrily run right into the city. How does that sound, Bloodscream? I'll even carry your belt for you." Com'on Pale man, didn't that sound like fun? Going back to your Bar, so you could resume your stationary duties as a Barkeeper?
    Diablo
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Diablo on Fri May 17, 2013 3:08 pm

Sorry! I should have specified this, but I won't be posting back here unless my character is needed. You two have the floor completely to yourselves! :)
    Bloodscream
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Bloodscream on Sun May 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Yes, you had a very good reason to be tense. A long tongue lolled between the sharp teeth that now filled Bloodscreams maw.

"Yes, yes, yes you did and you know what I will admit that I was wrong and you were right. So lets just go back to the city and we can finish our little outing with the knowledge that I fucked up and that something is here in Lochlann! So...why don't you just un-monster and we'll merrily run right into the city. How does that sound, Bloodscream? I'll even carry your belt for you."

How dare she command him?! How dare she talk down to him in that condescending tone! Thou dares to tell me what to do! How dare she! When I leave shall be when I desire it, where I go to shall be where I desire it. Thou will not command me wench! He could not deny, there was reason to what Cailia said. Despite that, he felt absolutely no desire to follow her recommendation, even with it's logic. That declared, what was it that he wanted to do?

Be gone woman, he growled, turning away from her and towards the direction the church bells had come from. He wished to know, no, wanted to know what had attacked them, and how it had known about wolverine. He would find it, Cailia be damned he would bury the woman if she got in his way.
    Cailia Hallow
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

Post by Cailia Hallow on Wed May 22, 2013 10:03 pm

This was going nowhere quite quickly, just more things to add to the pile of 'Here lies the fuck ups brought to you by Cailia' and surely she would not be allowed to forget them so easily. But even though she did a dandy job of ruining this mission she was not going to allow it to go completely to ruins, after all the hybrid did not think failure would be thought upon too fondly. The woman had to bite her tongue, lest it fly off to say things that would get Bloodscream far more angered at her than ever thought possible, and with his new...look did not leave her with a desire to get into a tangle just yet. "I dare do many things, but we all know that I don't give orders her, Bloodscream. So if you don't want to go, let me hold your belt so you do not lose it while on a romp about Lochlann." So he did not like being ordered around, what a change from the normal, bland man she had grown accustomed too over the many months.

"Gone? I'll be gone. I just need your belt first, and then I will be gone like the wind in your teeth." All three hundred of them, Pale man. Now she had figured that whatever was wrong with Bloodscream was not going to have him cooperate with her because she was ordering around too much. So she came to a decision to take it or him back to Death's Ace by force. Not the smartest or most logical choice but a Immortal monster going rampant with ties to her or Death's Ace probably would not fly. "You are not going to be very happy about this but I'm sure you'll thank me later." First of all, those precious vials were greatly needed. Cailia shifted her stance, preparing to vault at his retreating back. Avoid the teeth, avoid the teeth and everything in general now that she thought about it. Three, two, one and go! She sprinted off the boots thumping against the ground as the hybrid launched herself towards his belt to snag the samples.

---
    Hit- Vials swiped!
    Miss- Cailia you dun fucked up, again.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)