Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: First Morning

Post by Wind Waker Link on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:59 pm

He was still not taken by this Archer character but when they've agreed to separate rooms and when presented with this amount of reasoning and information, what can he do but say yes?

By the sounds of it, this contract thing was a right pickle and Link personally do not like pickles. When faced with a pickle, Link would prefer to remove it as soon as possible but hey, it's not him having the pickle today. It was a magical girl and her 'servant' and evidently, Homura and Archer obviously do not mind pickles very much, if at all. What a pickle this situa-- okay, okay, we'll shut up about the pickles now.

Link's lips formed a very flat line, an expression of forced agreement. He'd just have to be sure to keep an eye out for the two of them more than he would a normal tenant. This magical contract sounds less than savoury and far from healthy.

With a grim nod, the innkeeper made his way around the desk so that he was standing on the receptionist side. From there, he unlocked his office and went in to fetch the cardkeys locked away from the previous night. One minute later, he emerged with placing a cardkey for room 412 on the desk alongside a form listing the scant few rules of the inn.

There were only two places left on the form that required filling in.

Date: 17th March, 2013
    Room: 412
    Tenant's Name: _______________
    Tenant's Signature:_________________

Beside the form, Link placed another item on the table: an ID card application pack with an 'OPTIONAL' note along with 'Complete now or in your own time'
    Archer
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 11

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    160/160  (160/160)
    Stamina Bar:
    22/22  (22/22)

Post by Archer on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:12 pm

The Innkeeper made a troubled expression, to be specific, it was the type of expression made by someone who was forced to go along with what someone else wanted without being entirely convinced. While that might be oddly specific for a mere expression, it was one Archer knew quite well, having spent his time with a particularly troublesome girl.

Eventually, the young boy slowly nodded and left them for a moment, soon returning with a cardkey and a couple of papers. Archer swiped the key from they table and looked at it for a second, as if he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do with it, before he finally settled with putting in his pocket. He skimmed through the rules a bit, he wasn't ignoring them but simply not being very thorough. The he grabbed a pen and turned his eye upon the form;

Tenant's Name: _______________
    Tenant's Signature:_________________

Archer stared at the form. His name? It was a simple question, but what was the appropriate answer? Archer? EM- His name was a big deal. It was the reason he was who he was, as well as his goal post-mortem. Servants were never referred to by name, so why should he use it now, especially when his own Master does not know it? Indeed, there was only one possible solution. Archer spelled out the name of his class. As far as the signature went... Well he'd spoken nothing but Japanese all his life.

Tenant's Name: Archer
    Tenant's Signature: アーチャー

Finally, he turned his attention to the pack with the "OPTIONAL" note.

Identification Card Form wrote:Full Name: Archer, The Wrought Iron Hero ((True Name: EMIYA, but that is a secret to everybody.))

Address: Stock Pot Inn: Room 412

Sex: Male

Species: Heroic Spirit

Date of Birth: N/A

Height/Weight: 6′ 1⅝″, 171.6 lbs

Eyes/Hair: Gray eyes, White hair.

Place of Birth: Earth

Resident Since: 16th March, 2013

"Sorry, but I really can't tell you my age even if I wanted to. When you become a Heroic Spirit, your existence is separated from time's axis, so I'm incapable of having one. That, and my memories have been fuzzy ever since I was first summoned, so I don't remember what it was before I became one either.

As for my place of birth, I suppose there is more to it but... I'm not quite sure what that would be myself... And the name I once had is not important. What matters is that, as long as I'm here, I'm the Servant Archer."

I doubt that I have D.N.A. in the same way humans do, something containing prana would probably be the most effective solution."
    , he said and pricked his thumb on the pen he held, letting out a single drop of blod to serve as his identification. He signed the ID application as well and handed in the form to the Innkeeper. Having written down as much as he though he was capable of, he was content. Which reminded him, "I never caught your name, kid."

((Link to picture here.))
    Homura Akemi
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 21

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Health Bar:
    260/260  (260/260)
    Stamina Bar:
    42/42  (42/42)

Post by Homura Akemi on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:14 am

Well, looked like ironing out the kinks of this contract would have to come a bit later. Looked like for now, it was solely up to Archer to fill out the form. After he did, it seemed like he had been unable to fill out some of the form due to his unique state; Homura had personally worried whether to put that she was human or not out of habit of others not being able to know of the Magical Girl life, but remembered that in this world it was pointless to hide these things. Therefore... she put Magical Girl as her species. Pretending to be a human at this point would be pointless, anyway. I mean... in this world, there were a ton of other beings, some magical while some used other means of mysterious devices and weapons. Being a Magical Girl was something that would make her fit in more than an average human.

Well, they could hope that an application like that would be accepted, anyway! If not, then Archer would probably just have to go without. Not like it mattered all THAT much. Homura stood near the two, anyway, remaining callous as always as Link and Archer made the exchange. She remembered making the exact same exchange herself not long ago, when she'd arrived. Nonetheless, she spent most of her time outside the Inn. Speaking of which, when this was over they were going to go scout the city for Archer's sake. Also, if he was what he said he was, he'd have to join in on the Witch hunting that Homura needed to do regularly. Let's just hope he wouldn't be too shocked at the Witches and their surreal appearances, because in the position of Homura's Servant, he was gonna be seeing them regularly.

Carry on, you two!
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 am

Link accepted the room agreement form, looking over it quickly to make sure everything was filled in whilst Archer worked on the ID card application pack. He blinked at the tall man at the mention that he doesn’t have an age and frowned a little. Hmm, he wasn’t sure if the application could be put through successfully without an age but after a bit of thinking, Link shrugged. It wasn’t like Identification Card process was in his control. He was just the go between and handing out application packs to newcomers, the actual processing of the application was up to the hospital or whoever handles it after the hospital had received it. Whether the information was correct or whether it was sufficient enough for an ID card to be made was not Link’s decision.

In the meantime, Link grabbed the inn’s polaroid camera and snapped a picture of his new tenant. He scowled deeply as he waved the picture dry. NOT because of the picture but because Archer had decided it was entirely hygienic to draw blood with a pen. Yes, Link was a boy who rolled around the ground more than he walked and killed enough monsters to be drowned in their blood if they bled but at least that was his own body, clothes and weapons. Come on! Other people still have to use that pen! Right, it was going straight into the bin the moment Archer was out of sight and earshot. Link passed the man the hospital labelled vial that was included with the pack, letting him store the blood sample. He just hoped pen-ink-contaminated blood was still okay with Dr. Salli...

Shall we move onto the third blinking moment of this post? Yes, let’s.

Archer wrote:"I never caught your name, kid."

Link blinked for a full five seconds then raised an eyebrow as his mind rewinded back to a few minutes ago.
    Archer wrote:
    The Innkeeper wrote:"I'm Link. Are you two related?"
    The innkeeper wrote with a stern expression, it was clear that he really had to try in order to keep his cool. Archer simply shrugged. Homura had ordered him to explain and explain he had, the results of said explanation was in no way his problem, now was it? ....Actually, it was, but for someone who doesn't have a goal in mind, he had time. A lot of time. Homura's turn.

Was this guy serious or was he just kidding? He had acknowledge his greeting earlier - even if it was a shrug. Either way, Link’s opinion of this guy had just dropped 0.01%. It could be that he was slightly bias against him now because of the past few minutes of conversation and that everything Archer does from now on is under extreme fault-finding scrutiny. Link acknowledged that and doubts are forming as to whether he was just being childish about this. He would later hopefully sit Impa down for advice about the right and wrongs of feeling like this. (Note to self: Is it too early to consult Impa about this during breakfast or should he dwell over it by himself first?)

The morning had barely started and Archer had already succeeded in making Link’s opinion of him rollercoaster through poor, poorer, mediocre, tolerant, not-over-his-dead-body and not-his-problem-really. Currently, it was back to tolerant.

“I’m Link. I’ll send your ID card application off as soon as I can. Thanks for filling it in. If you need help with anything, you can always find me here at the reception or if not, just find a fairy around the inn and they would help if they can or find somebody who can.”
    Archer
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 11

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    160/160  (160/160)
    Stamina Bar:
    22/22  (22/22)

Post by Archer on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:18 pm

Wind Waker Link wrote:“I’m Link. I’ll send your ID card application off as soon as I can. Thanks for filling it in. If you need help with anything, you can always find me here at the reception or if not, just find a fairy around the inn and they would help if they can or find somebody who can.”

Archer had noticed Link's odd behavior when he first brought up his name, the innkeeper's new note made it all-too-obvious why.

"My mistake, you did mention that earlier, didn't you. I don't usually miss these kinds of things, though I suppose with all the explanations I never had time to register it.", the Servant once again shrugged as if it didn't concern him. "Thanks. I doubt I'll actually need anything but I suppose it's nice to know where to find you."

That was all he needed. Because contrary to Link's apparent beliefs, his dislike of Archer was clear as day to someone as used to betrayal as he was. Be it innocence or naiveté, while Link was a fighter, he was also a child and his emotions did show on his face. Though, it's not like Archer knew Link well enough to be in any position to say anything about him for sure. Really, all his knowledge at the moment had been obtained from either Homura or his inherent knowledge about the world as a Heroic Spirit. In any case, for the next course of actions, only one person held the answer.

"Now what, Homura?"
    Homura Akemi
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 21

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Health Bar:
    260/260  (260/260)
    Stamina Bar:
    42/42  (42/42)

Post by Homura Akemi on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Now what? That was an easy one. Homura was gonna take you around the city that she knew you wanted to 'scout'. She personally had already been through quite a bit of the city, but not all of it; she would head around the rest of it soon enough. Undoubtedly, he'd be with her when she did. That is, unless he decided that he didn't like her as a Master and tried to kill her. That'd be a scene, definitely. Homura wouldn't sit back during something like that, either. She'd spring into action. She didn't like fighting other people or users (or Magical Girls, at that) but if she had to, then she would. Hopefully, though, Archer wouldn't tire of her.

"You said that you wanted to scout." Homura replied, turning around and leading the way out the door. It was up to Archer whether he wanted to thank Link further, but in her eyes it had been done and she was going to go lead him around. He was probably scouting as a force of habit, if he was who he said he was; scouting in case any other 'Servants' were to arrive and challenge them. It was always a good idea to have a sense of direction in a place like this, as well as where to go that has suitable ground for a battle like that. Being 'Archer', she'd assume he'd be after the high rooftops where he could snipe people with his bow.

But then again, she didn't know much about him at all.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:42 am

Even his is poor opinion of Archer was apparent to all who could see his expressions, the innkeeper, though young, steadfastly did his utmost to remain professional. Just because he didn't like a tenant does not mean he'll not do business with them unless they really prove too destructive for it. Considering LAHARL was a past tenant, the acceptable levels of destruction was quite high. Ocean King, if even somebody likeRidley came and ask for a room and Link actually had a room big enough to hold the space dragon, Link would let him stay.... after a thorough paperwork scrutiny, interrogation and increase security measures.

Link nodded courteously and tapped all the paperwork together before filing them away for later completion. Just in time as well for a fairy had darted round the corner. "Link, what is taking so long? I thought we agreed that we'll set up breakfast and you ring the bell. Well the breakfast is set up and...Oh... new person. new room? This early? Hmph, are you done yet then because your food is getting cold. I'll look after the desk."

The innkeeper laughed, nodded his leave to Archer and Homura then went off for his breakfast - finally - leaving Ciela to man the reception desk just in case their two tenants there had any more enquiries.

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:17 am