Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

So did you hear?

Post by Leo on Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:15 am

Time: 3:30 PM
    Date: 03.17.13

March weather sucked. Honesty, what was this month trying to even be? Spring or Winter? Leo could no longer tell, and he had given up trying to tell ages ago. But, even with the weather being bipolar, Leo really couldn't complain. He had managed to keep his family out of that entire robot mess that had occurred not too long ago. He was also greatly enjoying being once again in control of his emotions instead of being irritated and irrational. It was nice to just be mellow and calm, especially after having been forced to be angry and annoyed due to some outside force.

The entire time this had been going on his house had not been a fun place.

Which could only mean that it had been even worse for everyone else.

Leo continued on his path no real destination in mind to guide him as he found that he had come into some rare spare time as he had just completed a case for a client rather early. Which meant that he was free to take a small breather and say, go for a walk. Stretch his legs for a bit, and try to let his mind relax before he went back home to throw himself into his other cases and the ever looming other one that hung over him.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: So did you hear?

Post by Impa on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Whilst Impa had only known this particular month of the year as "March" once she had arrived on the Breach, it still seemed to have much the same confusion regarding weather that its Hyrulean counterpart did. Frankly, some days it seemed to have even more. The transition between spring and winter was never a perfectly smooth one, but the Sheikah found that the wide variety of weather possibilities here was almost as unpredictable as the sorts of monsters one might encounter out in the wilderness. Impa did not mind the odd weather though, and regardless of how the skies had been, things had been fairly good lately. After the recent events that had struck the city, the Sage of Shadow was glad that the recovery had been swift and relatively easy. The clean up had been taken care of in almost no time at all, the robots seemed to have been able to adjust back to themselves in short order, and best of all, the other citizens had returned to themselves seemingly instantly, Zelda included.

The disguised princess had at least been able to return the same day that everything came to a peak. Her arrival back at the inn had met the Hyrulean family with a nice surprise of an early reunion, and days past it had proven to be particularly nice for the quartet. They had turned a strange situation into a good one, and they were determined to hold onto that, even well into whatever major event struck the Breach.

It was this afternoon that Impa had headed downtown on a couple of errands, namely to collect something new for the security office as well as some fresh seafood to prepare for their little family's dinner. A ways into her trek down Main Street though, Impa perked up slightly as she caught sight of a familiar face, one she had not seen in a little while. With a soft smile, she nodded to Leo as the two neared each other.

"Hello Leo. It's nice to see you out and about."
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Well would you look at that, it seemed that he had managed to come across a familiar face. It had been quite awhile since he had seen Impa, their last encounter being Halloween, and while he didn't personally know the woman he was hardly going to be impolite to her.

Hi Impa, how's it going? Leo stopped in his walk to turn and face the woman. Hey, he had some free time, it wouldn't hurt to just chat with someone for a bit. It wasn't like he did that very often anyways, what with how busy he had been with his cases.

So, what's new? Keeping out of trouble? He casually asked, trying to set the conversation rolling. He hoped by asking this question he wasn't holding Impa up, if he was he hoped that she would tell him that way he could let her be on her way.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Impa might have only known Leo in passing here and there outside of whatever crisis happened to befall the Breach, but it was still good to see the man. If nothing else, this chance encounter might help them get to better know each other outside of their mutual friendship with Link, no matter how brief it might turn out to be. More than that, there also stood a chance for the two to catch up on any of the more recent happenings in the city.

"I'm all right, and I hope you're doing well," replied Impa, stopping as she caught up to Leo's position. Smiling just a bit in amusement at his question regarding keeping out of trouble, she shrugged a bit before adding, "Not too much is new, and I'm certainly trying to. Usually I wind up making sure the trouble does not befall the inn. At least it managed to fare relatively well a couple of weeks ago."

The Sheikah had set out on a couple of errands, but her trip was hardly pressing. Regardless, she was glad to see that the officer had seemingly come out of the latest major event not too worse for the wear.
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:46 pm

Indeed, they really did only know each other in passing didn't they? But what else could be expected, at least on Leo's end he was very busy with his investigation business. He imagined that it was quite the same in Impa's case, what with her being the head of security for the Inn. Leo wondered just how busy it actually got, with all the different types of people living at the inn he imagined it would at least be fairly chaotic.

"I'm all right, and I hope you're doing well,"

Doing well, can't really complain. And really he couldn't, other than for that one thing. But he really didn't want to think about that one thing right now, he would have plenty of time for that when he went back to his office. For now he just chose to focus on Impa. What happened a couple of weeks ago?
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Just as Leo was usually very busy with his investigation business, Impa was often just as busy with a combination of things. She had set the wards up at the inn to be mostly self-sufficient, but she did still have to check on the general status of the inn each day to ensure its safety. It did not usually get too hectic there given the way the staff was able to keep everything running smoothly, but no two days were ever quite the same. Around anything at the Stock Pot Inn or Shadow Temple, she did of course find much of her time spent looking after/training Zelda, Link, Link, and Aicara, or even venturing out on one of the their occasional Hyrulean quests. Things could be calm for the Sheikah, but they were certainly never boring.

Impa nodded at Leo's reply, glad to hear that he was doing okay as well. His next question however did cause her to tilt her head to the side slightly, right before she asked, "Do you recall the strange blackout that struck the city and the ensuing effects it had on several robots?"
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:39 pm

"Do you recall the strange blackout that struck the city and the ensuing effects it had on several robots?"

Ah, right. The blackout. Of course I remember that, sorry been a little preoccupied. I guess everythings been going over my head. Yes.... everything was going over your head. Like giant issues with technology and the ISO's throwing all of the robotic citizens out of the city due to them going berserk and killing people....just went right over your head.

Jesus Leo, pull yourself together.

The ex-cop could really do nothing but feel embarrassed about the fact that this little incident had completely flown out of his mind. That was a flub on his part.

Was your inn okay? What about the Links and that boy? They weren't hurt were they?
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:42 am

"No need to apologize," stated Impa, shaking her head slightly. "I can certainly understand that preoccupation, especially since I'm sure you've been busy with cases." Even with as far-reaching as the blackout and subsequent events had been, it had still been relatively short lived, and it certainly did not take away from the usual busyness around the city.

At Leo's next question, Impa nodded before answering. "The inn was fine, thank you… we did lose power for a few minutes, but luckily, it did not sustain any damage from either the blackout or the following rampage. Link and Link were both okay from all of it, but whilst Sheik was not hurt in the incident itself, he did get get caught up in the battle. It appeared that he -- like some of the other citizens -- wound up being sensitive to whatever strange forces were at work. Thankfully though, he returned home safe and sound. The three boys have been all right since then."

A few moments later, the Sheikah added, "I hope everyone was all right on your end."
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:16 pm

So they were all all right then, that was good. As was the news that the inn had not been dealt any too serious damage. That's good to hear. Leo would have hated to hear that something bad had befallen his ex-junior officer or his friends.

We had some power problems ourselves, but nothing too serious. I think we all were a little agitated and stir crazy by the time it was all over. Other than having to chase after the dog not much happened on our part. And that really hadn't been much of a chore either, Lynna had gotten a bit fat in the recent years, by the time she actually started getting on in years she was probably just going to be a mound of fur, much to Leo's chagrin.

He told those two that they shouldn't keep feeding her table scraps.

Other than that has anything else happened as of recently?
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Thu May 02, 2013 12:34 am

Impa nodded at Leo's statement before listening carefully to him as he relayed his side of things. At least power outages and some understandable aggravation from the situation appeared to be the worst of things for him… neither of those were pleasant, but with all things considered on the Breach, both of those were certainly capable of being weathered without much trouble.

"Link was concerned about everyone out in the city, so I'm sure that he'll be glad to confirm that everything was relatively all right for you," noted Impa, smiling a touch to Leo. The boy might have ceased to be a junior officer with the disbanding of the police force, but she knew quite well that he really liked and respected Leo.

At his next question, Impa paused for a moment before replying. "Not too much, really. Save that recent turn of events things have been relatively quiet lately. I've just taken the boys out to the forest for some training exercises. Even with the unpredictable weather, it's been good to get out there with them."

After a moment, she asked, "How about for you?"
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Sat May 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Good, everything was good. It seemed that once again everyone was able to survive the disasters that Portal Breach threw at them.

How is there training going? What would Impa be training them in anyways? Possibly combat? Impa was clearly a strong woman and from what Leo could remember she was also an excellent fighter.

Just working on some cases. Kat has been going to school, she's got a science fair coming up soon so she's actually been pretty busy herself. Making a miniature volcano to bury all the candy people in baking soda lava. With everything going on I can't say that I've kept in touch much with others. I don't think I've been in the sanctuary for months. Any new arrivals that I should know about?
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 am

"It's been going well… the three of them are already skilled fighters, so that coupled with their eagerness to learn certainly makes it as productive as it is enjoyable," replied Impa. Smiling a bit, she added, "The combat training as well as their own lessons outside of that do help keep us busy around work at the inn and downtime around that, but things have hit a good balance."

Nodding at Leo's own response regarding what all he had been up to, Impa's smile grew slightly at the update regarding Kat. "Ah, I see. That should prove to be a good time for her. I hope the science fair goes well for her." Science projects were not exactly standard curriculum for Hyrulean children, but between some of the curious studies from their homeworld and what she herself had learned of science fairs the previous year from Leaf's own television-based observations, they seemed to be a good experience for students.

Impa's expression shifted to a slightly sympathetic one at how Leo's own busyness had kept him from keeping in touch with others… she understood that far too well from her own experience, but whether he made it to the sanctuary or not, she did hope that he would be able to catch something of a well-deserved break sooner rather than later. Like him, she was used to staying busy, but it was very important not to wear oneself out, no matter how busy things got.

"I've not been there in quite sometime myself," noted Impa. At Leo's next question though, she found herself better equipped to answer it based solely on her position at the inn. "There have been quite a few since December, actually… most of them seem to be all right and adapting to life here without much trouble, but there are a few you might want to keep an eye out for. … There is a young girl named Homura, and she seems to have inadvertently gained a partnership with a strange man known as Archer. The girl herself is fine… but having seen her self-proclaimed partner around the inn since the start of the year, I have had a rather odd feeling about him and his true intentions. I've kept a sharp watch on him at the inn, but they are only there part of any given day."

Link had been the first of their family to meet Archer, and once the Sheikah had encountered him in passing herself, she had instantly understood the uneasy feeling the lad had got. The man did not seem to be evil per say, but there was still something there.
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:27 am

Heh. They do seem to be able to hold their own from what i've seen. Leo could remember seeing both Sheik and the smaller Link fight their fair share of battles whenever portal breach had been put in danger. Link himself had been a great help during the Phazon crisis. The boy had been a regular trooper, trying to work both sides and make everyone mesh together. It was only a shame that it had seemed to blow up in his face.

And as for the taller Link? Well that was none other than his old junior officer. Leo had a soft spot for that kid, he had been a dedicated worker and had tried his best even with all of the pressure that had been put on him as an associate of the Police Force. She's really looking forward to it, though I think Alex might have her beat in enthusiasm, heh. His husband really liked burying small candy people in fake molten lava for some reason.

Oh. The love of his life.

"Homura" and "Archer", huh. What gives you an off feeling about the guy? If he could be so bold as to ask. Impa had a very steady head on her shoulders, she wasn't one to get "feelings" about anyone just randomly from what he could discern about her. No, she was the type that was usually a very good judge of character. So what exactly had her feeling this way then?
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Impa's slight smile grew at Leo's confident words regarding her three charges. "Natural ability as well as their own hard work certainly helps with that. We do always hope for peace on the Breach, but it's always a good idea to keep one's skills sharp. That holds for battle as well as general situations outside of it of course."

Nodding a bit as Leo confirmed just how forward both Kat and Leo were looking to the science fair, she soon added, "Ha-ha, I can imagine that. So long as they're both enjoying it and she's learning from it, that it was truly counts." A lesson learned through an experiment was one thing, but the bond furthered with a parental figure was something even stronger than that.

Impa folded her arms at Leo's question regarding Archer. Whilst the police force might have long since been disbanded, the former officer was still as great a resource as he was an ally, and the Sheikah knew enough from Link that he still liked to be kept up to date on things. As such, his question was not too forward, and she knew she could trust him with this information.

"It's a little tricky to describe, actually… it's primarily based in some subtleties I have picked up from him since his arrival," noted Impa. "Basically, Archer is a magical contract bound to Homura. The bond seems to have struck shortly after his arrival, and the younger girl was apparently at just the right place at the right time for this to occur. As it has been explained to Link, the contract is one where Archer uses Homura's magical energy to sustain himself in this world. Without it, he would supposedly disappear." She wasn't sure just how true that was in a world such as the Breach, but it was certainly a possibility.

Pausing for a moment as she mentally went over any other relevant information, Impa soon continued, stating, "The contract itself might be benign, but the way it was formed still strikes me as rather odd. And that holds true regardless of the less than stellar attitude he brought to the inn. He might prove to be rather harmless, but considering the circumstances, he is at least a little noteworthy."
    Leo
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Leo on Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:50 am

Impa wrote:"Natural ability as well as their own hard work certainly helps with that. We do always hope for peace on the Breach, but it's always a good idea to keep one's skills sharp. That holds for battle as well as general situations outside of it of course."

"Not going to argue with you there, raw talent isn't any good without constant work to keep in top condition" Leo knew a thing or two about that, he had had it beaten into him in training. Without hard work, all your skills remained dulled and toothless. But Leo wouldn't really have to explain that. Impa was a seasoned warrior, lightyears ahead of himself. She had probably been trained for battle her whole life. She looked like she could crush a mans skull by flexing her arms for crying out loud!

Impa wrote:It's a little tricky to describe, actually… it's primarily based in some subtleties I have picked up from him since his arrival," noted Impa. "Basically, Archer is a magical contract bound to Homura. The bond seems to have struck shortly after his arrival, and the younger girl was apparently at just the right place at the right time for this to occur. As it has been explained to Link, the contract is one where Archer uses Homura's magical energy to sustain himself in this world. Without it, he would supposedly disappear."

Disappear? Like this guy would literally fade out of existence if he wasn't feeding of this kids magic?

Impa wrote:"The contract itself might be benign, but the way it was formed still strikes me as rather odd. And that holds true regardless of the less than stellar attitude he brought to the inn. He might prove to be rather harmless, but considering the circumstances, he is at least a little noteworthy."

"Yeah, I can see how it's something to squint at. Does him surviving off of her magic have any negative affects on her?" Would the girl start to get weaker the more magic that this guy absorbed? Would she be hindered in anyway?

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:35 pm