Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: First of Nine

Post by Lawrence on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:33 am

Lawrence waited patiently for Kev to return with the other items they needed, and once he had, listened to the explanation for said extra items. He put the gloves on when Kev handed them over, and while they were kind of a tight fit, they fit well enough to be useable. The ex-robot kind of blinked down at Suzy when she looked up at him, not entirely sure what to make of it. "Why, hello." The sheep looked away soon enough, bleating faintly, which earned her a slight glare. "Well, 'baaa' to you too."

When instructed to hold the sheep steady, Lawrence leaned down and held onto Suzy, to make sure she didn't squirm too much. He was a little surprised at how soft the wool felt even while it was still on the sheep. While he was a robot, his sensors wouldn't allow nearly this much detail of touch to get through to him. He still wasn't sure he liked the range of smells he could now detect, though . . . there was no way to turn it off, and the smell of sheep wasn't quite one of the things he'd wanted to learn about. Oh well, he would just have to deal with it.

With Suzy secured, the butler mimicked what Kev was doing, searching for weeds and other debris that were stuck in the sheep's wool and plucking them off. He gave the sheep the occasional soothing pat as well. "Yes, this does seem simple enough so far. Is there any particular way I need to hold those shears?"
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:36 pm

Zurg affirmed that yes, it would be Kev who would teach Lawrence to shear the sheep. He even chuckled afterwards! Maybe there was more going on here then just shearing a sheep...maybe the sheep was a metaphor! Maybe it was a test? Either way though, Kev shoved it aside. He'd teach Lawrence how to shear a sheep, and find out later what was going on. After all, it probably wasn't his business anyway. He glanced at Zurg, nodding in agreement. "Very true." He sure hoped that wasn't the case for others who had died and had yet to appear. Dani, MaDOS, Delila, Psyche, Phantom, looking at all of you. The mention of a keystone made him blink though, and he returned to working on the sheep.

The sheep looked back at Lawrence after he sarcastically baa'ed at her, and let out a louder 'BAAA!'. Kev jolted, and worked fast to blindfold the sheep with the black cloth, before looking at Lawrence almost...sheepishly. "I'm no expert in Sheep language, but if I had to make a guess, I'd say you insulted her or her mother." Ah well! This was what blindfolds were for. Lawrence assisted in picking debris off, Kev watching with approval. Of course, it might have been a simple job, hard to screw up, but still! Zurg voiced his confidence in how he was sure they would easily get the fleece. "Of course! And if we mess up, we have 5 other sheep to practice on." Bet those sheep were happy to be of service. When asked for his opinion, Llama crossed his eyes and chewed on his cud. Beggars can't be choosers!

Kev pondered Lawrence's question, wondering how to best answer. "Hmm...I'd say the best way to hold it would be...the same way you hold a vacuum!" He held up the shears and mimed a vacuuming motion in the air. "Think of the wool as a bunch of dirt! And you're vacuuming it all up. The important thing is you want to get most of it off as a huge blanket of wool." He started the shears and began to trim Suzy's left hind leg. After doing away with the edges, he began to shear her leg, moving up to her belly. He continued this motion until the whole leg was wool-less, the wool having been shoved off to the side. He handed the shears to Lawrence. "Now you try!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Completely green behind the horns, that one was. "They are woolly herding animals, Lawrence. You act as if they are suddenly going to stand up on two legs and recite exotic poetry." The sheep may appreciate a greeting but do not expect much understanding beyond that. Aside from that, both men were doing a good job, besides - Zurg saw little to correct them on and decided to let the two of them commingle. As for himself? The alien busied his hands by sorting shard through shard, creating neat piles that ranged from larger pieces to the equally obnoxious smaller ones. This was clearly going to be a tedious, if not trying, endeavour.

"If you mess up on one sheep, then no greater harm will be done," he said to them both while working. In a way, the three of them were doing the exact same task: combing. Some had it easier than others. "But make sure that you become as accurate as you can," Zurg continued. "The more product that can be utilized then the easier your final task shall be, Lawrence." How cryptic! Such like the alien to say not a word more, too.

You certainly have something to look forward to, but you better focus on the sheep. They were practically begging to be sheared.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Lawrence tried not to roll his eyes at Zurg's first comment. Yes, these were non-sapient herd creatures, but back in his universe, one never knew when something that looked like this might stand up and start reciting exotic poetry just as Zurg said. As a matter of fact, these sheep seemed oddly familiar, at least in the face and head structure, and after a moment he remembered why. "I'll have to show you what a Fongoid actually looks like, one of these days..."

As for the task at hand, it certainly seemed simple enough from watching Kev do that initial bit of shearing. Holding the shears did seem to be a lot like how a crevice tool on a vacuum cleaner was held, though the action done with the shears was a little bit more like removing the skin from a fruit with a knife. The objective here was just to get the fluffy wool off of the sheep rather than anything more drastic, however.

Lawrence took the shears when Kev offered them, and started to get to work. He began with Suzy's right hind leg, working the shears as Kev did and ultimately getting the same result. With the thought of getting the rest of it as a huge blanket of wool, he started at the belly and moved the shears up towards the back, each stroke slightly overlapping the last and keeping to the same length. He worked his way around the sheep's body, and eventually, all he would have to do was pick Suzy up, and there was the wool on the sheet, mostly intact. "There, that was quite simple indeed . . . though I suppose it will be a bit more difficult as far as a more stubborn sheep is concerned."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:07 am

"I bet the best poet would be Glen. Poor guy lived the first few months of his life under the impression that he was a female~!" He added lightly to Zurg's comment to Lawrence. Other than that, Zurg was still quite engrossed in his task, although Zurg would soon find himself with a little bit of company, in the form of a young ram. With a small bleat as his greeting he hunkered down and waved his head at the purple alien. Oh, he remembered you alright! And he wanted a rematch!

"Ooh, final task?" Kev looked to Lawrence. "Is your final task making a sweater? ...How many tasks do you have anyway?" Lawrence's ritual into becoming a man seemed to be quite complex! With multiple tasks for him to do! Hopefully they didn't get too complicated. Kev turned his attention to Lawrence's shearing as he began, noting with a small tinge of jealousy that he did a really good job for a first try. He looked over the sheet of wool and patted it, admiring how soft and fluffy it was. "Great job, Lawrence! Much better than my first try." He nodded in agreement. "If they start wiggling around I can help hold them still for you." He moved the wool to the side, placing it on a patch of grass that wasn't too littered with leaves or debris.

Working with Lawrence to untie Suzy and let her go, Kev walked over to the group of ewes and plucked the one with a light blue wool, carrying her over to Lawrence and again tying her legs together before laying her on the sheet. "You know Zurg, now that Leslie's back, I had an idea! I was wondering if maybe we could have a double date sometime, if that's alright with you both! It'd be a good way to catch up, and..." He giggled a bit. "I have to admit, I've always wanted to go on a date with you and Jo~! That picnic thing doesn't count." Purple pickles. Blegh.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:55 pm

Fongoid? What was a Fongoid?

Zurg thought about asking but eventually decided against it. If he asked, then Lawrence might be distracted and so would he! No, they had work to do - much work to do. Which, ironically, would have gone much faster if a certain confused sheep didn't think to outgrow its britches. Glen was now bleating in front of the occupied alien and apparently he wanted a rematch. "..." Oh, was this a display of masculinity? Zurg paused in his work to snap his fingers and grunt, "Mine are bigger. Now shoo. Shoo!" Get the hint, Glen! You weren't manly enough to be in the Man Club. Not that the alien was the epitome of manliness, but oh well. Back to Kev, Zurg shook his head. "Alas, Lawrence has eight tasks after this one and it is not to knit a sweater. Although, come to think of it, he would look precious in one~!" Focus, Zurg, focus. You can put beads, ribbons, and all sorts of danglies on Lawrence later. Right now you had a task.

And that task was to... Oh, right! Sort, sort, sort. Yay. Actually, he had already done a good chunk of work. It was more around, say, ~10% but that was surely better than nothing at all. Of course, that work would go faster if Zurg wasn't such a talker. Kev asked him about a double date and immediately the alien recalled something less thrilling. "Urp...! A double date, with you and Leslie...?" Don't take offense, Kev. His reluctance didn't stem from you.

But he did settle down and rethink, tapping a tooth. "Well, since you are just so enamoured with my purple presence, I think I can spare a day or night with you and Leslie, yes. That picnic is hardly worth mentioning at all~!" Barely worth recalling, too.

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:43 pm

Eight more tasks? Counting this one would make nine . . . and again with that number. Lawrence thought back to just about a year ago, where Zurg had mentioned something about X'rghthu psychology, and the number nine had come up. It must be very important to their culture, given this was the second time he heard it in reference to something from that world. Well, he was here to learn, so he looked forward to seeing if there would be any explanation about it.

When the next sheep was presented, Lawrence immediately got to work, though he couldn't help but make a comment about what Zurg had said. "A sweater? Well, as long as it was not a terribly unstylish sweater, I would not mind."

At the mention of a double date, Lawrence nearly dropped the shears, but managed to grab them again before they did any damage to the light blue wool he was working on removing. For not the first time he wished he could smirk properly again, but that amusement was still carried in his tone as he said, "Well, at least a double date with you and Leslie would go much smoother then the last set of fools Jo and Zurg were stuck with..."

What, did you want him to elaborate? Sorry, but the ex-robot was focusing on his work now . . . if Zurg wanted to go further into it, he was welcome to it. It wasn't like Lawrence had followed them to said date, even as much as he was tempted to.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Glen stood his ground and readied himself, expecting the robed opponent to lean his head down and headbutt him. After all, Zurg's horns were pointy, but not conductive to headbutting, while Glen's horns were! However, his opponent instead made a grunting and snapping noise, making to shoo him away. Glen stamped his little hooves into the grass and bleated loudly. You would not deny his challenge! "Glen, for Gods' sakes!" Kev huffed and momentarily left Lawrence alone with the sheep, walking over and snatching Glen up in his arms. "Leave Zurg alone! He doesn't want to play, he's busy!" Glen bleated in protest but once Kev set him down over by the rest of the sheep he plopped on the grass and snatched some to nibble on, demeanor a lot like a child put into the corner.

"Sorry about that..." He said sheepishly, before listening to the Zurgy words of Zurg. "8 tasks?" Wow. He glanced at Lawrence, wondering if he knew what turning into a Zurgy Thingy seemed to entail. Although, he seemed to enjoy himself anyways, what were 9 tasks to do as long as he got to experience life as a Zurgy Thingy? "Are any of them life threatening tasks?" Like fighting a dragon or eating something possibly toxic...stuff like that ran through his head. As did the possibilities behind what Lawrence would be using the wool for, if not a sweater! Despite how curious he was, Kev remained silent. It wasn't really his business, after all. It was between Zurg and Lawrence.

But oh Gods was it tempting.

Zurg's somewhat hesitation when Kev brought up double dating made Kev tilt his head curiously. Had he gone on a bad double date before? He tried to remember any other double dates Zurg had mentioned being on...all he could think of was Morgana. But he was quick to take him back up on the offer! He laughed and clasped his hands together, batting his eyes. "How could anyone resist your purple Zurgy essence?~ But yay! I'm glad, I haven't gone out in a while! Where do you want to go? Oh, how should I dress? Formal, casual? Maybe exotic?" He tapped his knuckles together eagerly. Picnic? What picnic?~ Although his excitement quickly died down at Lawrence's comment. So Zurg had been on a double date recently, with a set of fools?

Remember Kev its not your business, it is Jo and Zurg's business. He folded his arms behind his back. "That's a shame to hear your other double date went bad!" Yes, yes, leave it at that. "I'm sure our's will go better." After a few moments of silence, he finally gave in. "So uh...who were the set of fools? If I may ask?" He couldn't help it, that was sort of juicy! Who had they gone on a double date with? After all, there were a small list of couples on PB nowadays.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:00 pm

Still wanting to compare skull density, eh, Glen? Zurg would be half-inclined to actually butt heads with the young ram but not today. Today he had work to do; perhaps later, Glen? The alien will mark a special day for you on his calendar. "Ah, he's just a youth looking to prove himself," Zurg said, finding no harm in anything. "Let him enjoy himself while he can, for one day he shall find a mate and gone are his golden days. He might even have children!" At least Kev managed to control the anxious ram and get Glen to eat a patch of grass for now. And look at Kev, being all nosy.

"Yes, eight more tasks." But Zurg did pause when Kev asked if any of the tasks were life-threatening. Alas, he had to answer, didn't he? And he was going to answer with the classic alien rhetoric. "...Perhaps," he eventually said. But that was all he will say regarding this subject, for there was yet a better topic to discuss! The dreaded double-date, dohoho... Zurg made a face, clearly expressing disgust with the fond recollection. He could already sense with his bones, the littlest one, that Kev wanted the juicy skinny. Well, why not? What was a few words between friends? "The double-date was between Megamind and Roxanne, with Jo accompanying me to Neptune's Trident. It was... less than thrilling, but we managed just fine. At least Jo and myself enjoyed our meals and company together. I cannot say the same regarding... the others, however." The alien really hadn't minded Roxanne up until then, but he found her lack of consistency almost as terrible as Megamind's. In short, they were perfect for each other.

But there was some good news! Or at least Zurg hoped. "I think our double-date will go much better," he said with confidence. "Jo and I will have no objections spending the evening with both you and Leslie. And as for the place?" Here he thought, scratching beneath a horn and looking up into the sky as if for the answer. "Hmm... Why don't you and Leslie choose? Jo always makes some remark about seafood, so you two can have the honours this time around. We will dress accordingly to your decision."

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:14 am

Lawrence was nearly done getting the wool off of the latest sheep, but paused when Kev asked whether or not the other eight tasks he had to do might be life-threatening. He had honestly been wondering the same thing, but thought it impolite to ask. That and he knew he would get one of Zurg's typical non-answers, like the one Kev just got the pleasure of hearing. That 'perhaps' could mean so many things, or it could mean nothing at all.

Still, he did have to give his two credits about it. "These sorts of rituals always seem to have one or two life-threatening elements within . . . to not have them would defeat the purpose of having to prove oneself. Considering the amount of times I have come close to death on this world, whatever may be in store does not frighten me. I will face it and learn, as I have done with everything else."

The butler got back to work, though he mused a bit on the potential double date. "I suppose that will be lovely no matter where the four of you choose to go." A bit of a sigh escaped from Lawrence then, as the shears got the last bit of wool trimmed from the sheep he worked on. "Sometimes I've thought about finding someone special for myself, but I have no idea where to start, or even if I am truly ready to start looking..."

He did still have that crush, but he knew he couldn't act on it. It was impossible, given he wished to keep his friendships just as they were.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 pm

"I just wish he could enjoy himself in a way that didn't involve trying to headbutt my good friend with his horns." He had meant to get Glen fixed but found himself having a hard time enforcing it. He was a male himself after all, the idea of grabbing another male and taking away his ability to mate made him squeamish. They were just lucky Glen had yet to mount one of the ewes in an attempt to make some lambs. "As if 6 of them weren't enough...how many lambs can sheep have at one time?" Look out PB, you might be invaded by chubby sheep!

Eight tasks it was indeed, although the pause was quite telling. As was the eventual answer. Kev blinked and kneeled beside Lawrence to hold Felicia still for him, glancing at the robot turned Zurgy Thingy. He knew Zurg would never put Lawrence in a situation that he knew he wouldn't be able to overcome. After all, life threatening didn't exactly mean dying, and living in Portal Breach was life threatening in and of itself! Still, Kev leaned a bit closer to Lawrence. "Good luck on your other tasks!" Lawrence spoke, so this was less a ritual of becoming a 'man' and more about proving oneself? Then oh yes, it would definitely entail a few life threatening situations for Lawrence to overcome. "That's a good attitude to have about it, Lawrence!" Better then curling up in the corner and drinking away his woes, wailing that he was likely to die from the tasks. Lawrence was tougher then he seemed!

He looked back at Zurg, catching his disgust and unable to keep the curiosity out of his very telling eyes. And when he named the couple, Kev's eyes drew down into a small, flat look that wasn't directed at either companion. "Oh. Him." He couldn't say he was too surprised...after all, how many couples were left here? There was Flash and Aya, Leo and Alex, Swindle and OV, Deadsilver and Hot Shot, Jana and Metal, those two, Zurg and Jo, and Leslie and himself. The people on that list were either friends of Zurg and/or Jo and likely would have made for a good double date, or people they wouldn't go on a date with anyway. If he remembered right, Jo and Deadsilver didn't particularly get along.

"I'm sorry that your date with him and Roxanne didn't go as well as it could have, but at least you two made the most of it!" He was going to make sure his own double date with them wouldn't be a disappointment. He listened with eager 'ears' to see where they would go for their date, Kev tilting his head to think. Their choice, eh? "Hmm..." He would most likely have to talk to Leslie about it. The places he had gone on a date to were the mall, the zoo, a weird half hearted 'date' with Morgana and Jana at Sandy's Shrimp Shack, which was now gone, and a picnic by the beach. Wherever they went, he did not mind.

"Sounds good to me!~ I shall talk to Leslie and get in touch with you guys to let you know ahead of time!" How fun~! He turned to Lawrence, who finished off the last bit of wool on Felicia. "Thank you, Lawrence!" He seemed to get a bit wistful though, and Kev untied Felicia and let her go. So Lawrence felt a bit lonely? Understandable, that was a bittersweet thing about living with a couple, he supposed. It made him wonder how Terra felt, living with himself and Leslie. "If its truly meant to be, you won't even have to look. You just have to get to know someone you care about, and if there's something there, it'll develop all on its own. But you don't necessarily have to find a partner either." He made sure not to get too presumptuous with the 'pronouns', he wasn't sure about Lawrence's preferences, and he didn't want to imply something either. He definitely wanted to make sure that Lawrence knew he didn't need to be in a relationship, although he probably knew himself. Kev had just seen a forced relationship happen way too many times for comfort.

With Felicia free, Kev walked to where Glen was and grabbed him up mid-chew. "Glen can be a bit temperamental, so I think we should blindfold him." Hope Lawrence was ready for a challenge!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:27 pm

So you think it wise to overcome what awaits you, hmm? Zurg wasn't going to comment on anything that would reveal his intentions too early. The suspense would surely suffer and the alien considered life a wee bit more appetizing with extra flavour. So then, what about Glen? The young ram acted as if he had plenty zest. "If you don't want anymore precious ones hopping all over these meadows and bleating until the sun goes down, then I suggest you neuter Glen before he becomes too rowdy," Zurg suggested. Now, this may come as a surprise since the alien held a firm stance regarding the ability to procreate; in the preservation of sanity and resources, however, Zurg saw it wiser to keep Glen from becoming unruly. "To be fair, I doubt Glen producing one to three lambs per mating season will be the true issue. You would have to worry about inbreeding, Kev, and that will only stunt your flock's lineage to the point of dominant retardation." Genetics, pimp it where you can!

And it seems Kev didn't feel particularly too hospitable about Megamind, either. Zurg actually liked seeing this. It meant there was one less person to put up with the scientist's pedian slug guano. "Ah, don't trouble yourself," he said to Kev. "I'm not sorry it went the way it did - I won't tolerate hypocrites sitting several feet away from me." The only thing worthwhile was: A) spending time with Jo; and B) eating seafood to his heart's content. The double-date with Kev and Leslie was going to go much better, for, gasp, they could actually relate somehow! Imagine the thought.

Zurg nodded to show that he understood, hoping Kev knew what ahead of time meant when it concerned yours truly. "A week's notice ought to be good enough," he said. The alien just hated being told about something too late. Tended to grind his gears when he couldn't adequately plan well in advanced. Oh, what's this? Did the alien detect the sound of yearning in Lawrence's voice?

"I think Kev is right; if it's meant to be, it becomes. For example, Jo and I had actually met on a very rough start." Kev was certain to remember this and Zurg wasn't entirely proud of his actions back then. "If there is hope for me then there is hope for you. But Kev is also right about another thing - you don't have to find someone, Lawrence. Prior to coming here, I was quite fine by myself and would most likely have remained that way until the end of my days. Which... could have been short, knowing the type of lifestyle I was living." So looking for romance was naturally the last of an Evil Emperor's worries. "Anyway, it's best if you stumble upon a significant other rather than force it. You want to avoid fates like Blade and people like Psyche or Delila." Hivemind, yes?

A blindfold for Glen was a good idea, and Zurg was at the ready in case the rambunctious (get it?) sheep decided to try his luck.

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Lawrence listened to Kev's advice, as well as Zurg's. Both were actually pretty similar, which amounted to waiting to see what might happen. If it was meant to be, then yes, he would find someone. If not, then no. He wasn't entirely sure he liked that idea, especially given the odd wistfulness that was currently plaguing him, but he had to admit they had a point. "I suppose the both of you are right. Rushing this sort of thing is folly at best . . . one need only look at Samara or Miss Branford to see that. Perhaps one day I might find someone, but at the moment I'm not sure if there is anyone on the Breach that I would be interested in."

At least, no one that was currently unattached, was the thought left unspoken.

Soon enough the next sheep was scooped up and brought over, this time the little ram that was hassling Zurg. Lawrence quickly retrieved the blindfold and tied it over Glen's eyes, and once the sheep seemed calm enough, he started the shears and got to work. This could be interesting, if the ram decided he had enough and tried to escape. For the moment, things were relatively calm.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:53 pm

"You're probably right...any idea where I can go to get him neutered?" He remembered that when he and Zurg had first sheared the sheep, Zurg had suggested having Barry do it, but Barry was gone now. There was also the hospital maybe, but he wasn't sure if they would be able to do...whatever had to be done for neutering a sheep. Did they cut and suck all of the...things out? Or did they just chop them off? Either way, Zurg was right. It had to be done...especially since Glen had so many different women to chose from to mate with. He looked up when Zurg spoke again, noting that sheep apparently made one to three babies when they mated, although when the idea of inbreeding came up, he couldn't disguise his displeasure. "Yeah, I don't want inbreeding in Leslie's poor sheep..." Brothers mating with sisters, sons and mothers, daughters and fathers! If only sheep were able to notice, or care, about mating with their relations!

He nodded in response to Zurg, also noticing how much Zurg didn't seem to care for the dynamic duo. "That reminds me Zurg, thank you for the totem. And your...help that night." He was being vague, but he really did appreciate Zurg's assistance and advise. Ever since that night in October, and ever since he had put some distance between himself and Megamind, he felt better. The fact that he felt better without the man was telling in and of itself.

A week's notice, eh? "That sounds great! Any particular time this date should take place?" Obviously not too soon since Lawrence had his other tasks to do, and he was sure they would take a little while to complete. "Also, should we meet at the restaurant or somewhere beforehand, like your house?" He wanted to cover all of his bases.

Zurg spoke as well, giving his advise to Lawrence, and as he mentioned that Kev was correct, Kev puffed his chest happily. Kev r smrt! "Jo seems to have that affect on people..." The bad first impressions that is. He definitely remembered though, a time when Jo and Zurg could barely be in the same room without tossing some insults at each other. Zurg came to watch Jo and Kev's little fight to see Kev beat up Jo after all. And now look at them! One of the most stable and longest lasting relationships on the Breach. He winced slightly as he and Zurg most definitely had a hivemind, Blade and Delila/Psyche... "I think it also pays to be a little...hesitant about relationships." Especially when Lawrence named two more people who had been stung by love's most painful poison: abandonment.

"I'd hate for something like that to happen to you, Lawly." For someone to swoop in and charm the robot, make him think he was in love, stick around just long enough to keep the idea in his head that they were in love, then to disappear or, in Thomas/Delila/Psyche's cases, die and never return. "At least you have an advantage Lawrence! and its that you are smart~."

Glen didn't seem to take well to being blindfolded, shaking his head in an effort to get the blindfold off. Kev got his legs tied together and knelt down by his head, using the ram's horns against him to keep his head to the ground while also stroking his head. He seemed to calm down, flinching when the shears first started up and began to shear his wool off, but eventually going still, emasculated. One of these days, strange horned males, one of these days!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:10 pm

X'rghthu were slow - deliberate. Zurg was sometimes painfully phlegmatic regarding heavy decisions or courses of action that may alter anything worthwhile. As a result, the alien took his time when considering topics such as: business, politics, lifestyle, and romance. If he was going to do something, then it was only because he had contemplated about it for a suitable duration of time. Like scheming, for example. "Given how the Breach can be unpredictable from one day to the next, it is likely that you will find someone to your specifications in the ever-changing future. It simply requires patience." Which meant Lawrence would need to focus less on his anxiety and more on the here and now, enjoying what he had for the time being.

"Hmm... We don't seem to have a veterinary clinic, do we?" Zurg commented. That could possibly make Glen's... predicament a little troublesome. "I'm not sure the hospital is the best choice but it appears to be the only choice - unless someone on the Breach knows ovine anatomy." The alien didn't know anyone himself, personally. "You could try, or you could find another ram and create two separate flocks to avoid mingling the gene pools. Of course, you should speak to Leslie about this. I don't want to find an angry fae at my doorstep because I mentioned neutering being a good option." Regarding the totem and a certain night in the Sanctuary, the alien nodded in response. "You are welcome, Kev. Sometimes we may not like expressing our innermost selves, but in the event that keeping it bottled inside may ruin you... It is better in your health before the wellness of others." Some may deem this selfish but a X'rghthu would say this was self-preservation.

Zurg was no stranger to those who used others for personal gain, and a certain someone was blatantly obvious about doing it.

Anyway, the double-date he now looked forward to needed some further structuring. "A time and day where Jo and I are not working would be very nice," he preferred. "We are typically free on Friday night and the weekends. And if it is easier for you and Leslie to meet us at the restaurant, we can choose to rendezvous there." Since both Kev and Leslie lived all the way out here and Jo's house was in the Residential District, then it could save everyone time and effort to go directly at the source.

"Yes... Jo certainly has a fiery personality when riled up," and Zurg agreed to this quietly. He wasn't going to comment any further about Jo and instead took an interest at two others: Samara and Terra. "Giving advice on what happened with these two is far easier to give than while the perfect constellation of problems aligned, but we all know, the three of us, that rushing headlong into love and adoration is a fool's gambit." It was even worse when you, having said something in hopes they would listen, fell upon deaf, denying ears. There was pity to be given where deserved, but so too admonishment. X'rghthu did not coddle or enable and no such thing would come from the original sitting before you both. He did, however, express an honest statement and that was, "Even the smartest fall prey to desire, but I think you have a good head on your shoulders, Lawrence. You are not easily swayed by false charm like Steele's, and nor are you enamoured by superficially flattery such as Potter's." And, in case you were, Zurg had a rocket boot he'd like your cheek to meet. You know which one.

It was amusing to see Glen put up a start at being manhandled, but there was work to do. Zurg's sorting had made good progress but he was not quite done. A little more and maybe he will have finished categorizing shard by shard. Then he could repair his friend and hope the attempt had worked.

Zurg quietly sat on his stump and idly listened to the leaves rustle in the gentle meadow breeze.

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:12 pm