Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

First of Nine

Post by Zurg on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:22 pm

Time: ~12:20
    Date: January 29th, 0004

The sprint through the city had been nothing more than that: a sprint. It was constant, unyielding. Not once had Zurg stopped, the alien seemingly in a trance as he kept his pace even, steady. He just ran as if all of his existence was to run. If there were people or obstacles in his way, he simply vaulted over them with aid of his spear. Nothing - nothing - stalled him. Not even the pain stabbing his feet or the interested stares of others. He ran, and he ran, and he ran.

He ran through the city, never stopping.

He ran through the city outskirts, never stopping.

And when the harsh asphalt was traded for earth and grass, he never stopped running.

There was no stopping for air, water, or rest. To run was the ultimate freedom - the freedom of the self. At last he could run; run as far as his legs would take him. No shackles, no prisons or walls - he was free. Free to cut through these grassy knolls, to feel their blades whip past his skin and the wind to shriek around his horns. It was an alien world, this Portal Breach, but to run... To run and never look back was something that could be carried no matter where one went. And it was here, in the serene plains of the Grasslands, that Zurg sternly stood atop a lone hill. This was the only time he stopped, where he spied their intended destination not too far away.

It was a cottage, but Lawrence should already know who it belonged to.

No words were exchanged and, instead, the alien resumed holding his spear evenly with his hip. Gone he was again, tearing down the hill and never, not once, looking back. Will you come along, Lawrence? Your destiny awaits.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Lawrence

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: First of Nine

Post by Lawrence on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:29 am

Running, running, and yet more running. This certainly wasn't anything Lawrence was used to, but if he wanted to face the trials Zurg had in store, his only choice was to keep up. That was both harder and easier than it sounded. For what little protection his bindings offered, he might as well have been running barefoot across all that merciless pavement and blacktop. He was pretty sure at least one foot was bleeding somewhere, but even as much as he wanted to slow down a bit due to pain, he couldn't or he would lose sight of Zurg.

Things started getting a bit easier on the butler's feet once they transitioned from the city outskirts to the grasslands, the grass and dirt much softer even if it was the middle of winter. The one thing Lawrence didn't have to worry about was becoming exhausted from all the running... the new body he occupied seemed to be made for this sort of endurance trial. He would probably be tired later, but at the moment he had no trouble keeping pace with Zurg.

Wait, was Zurg finally stopping? Yes, he was, taking a moment's pause at the top of a hill to look down at a little cottage off in the distance. Lawrence had never been in this area, though the setup was reminding him of something. Oh, yes, Kev lived out in this direction, didn't he? That cottage was probably his, given the ex-robot didn't recall anyone else living out here.

It was only a brief pause and Zurg took off running again. Lawrence followed, wondering just what awaited him.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Keeping pace, are we? Good. Lawrence will find that his new organic body was sturdy - determined. You take the image of a stalwart people; do not do them wrong. The run through the city should not have been overly difficult. Their feet may bleed and their limbs may begin to grow heavy, but still they will press on. It was their way. Now, however, Lawrence had to undergo his First Task - one of Nine. Would he be able to do it? There was no choice.

Together the two aliens were upon the cottage doorstep but they could not announce themselves just yet. Zurg reached for one of the jars tucked beneath his arm, handing it to his friend. That is when the sun's light hit the juices inside, showing that the container had not been empty at all. "Here, for your First Task," he said. It was... a jar of olives? This must be for Kev. "It is customary that when you ask for something, any good at all, you give something in return. Give this offering to Kev and ask if you may shear his sheep for their fleece." So they had come all the way down here for wool? A rather simple, if not overly-taxing, method of asking Kev for such a favour. Wonder what they needed the fleece for?

That answer will have to come later; Zurg took a step back and gestured for Lawrence to knock upon the door. "You may begin."

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Lawrence followed Zurg onto the cottage's doorstep, and looked to him for instruction as he had no idea what they were doing out here. The monarch then handed him the jar of olives, and proceeded to explain the First Task that must be done. Well, the ex-robot couldn't say he was unfamiliar with the concept, having lived among the tribal Fongoids of Polaris for a while. They did use Bolts to buy things outside of their culture, but among themselves they had a similar sort of trade system going on. Although, this didn't quite feel like barter exactly, so he would have to be careful how he worded this.

Instructions given, Zurg stepped back, to allow Lawrence to attempt his task.

The butler suddenly felt uneasy, but shook it off just as quickly. Bah, why was he getting nervous, this was probably the easiest task of however many things he had to do! Still, he couldn't be careless going about this. Quickly corralling any jitters he might have felt, he reached up and knocked on the door. "Kev, are you home? This is Lawrence; please don't be alarmed when you see me, I have opted to become one of Zurg's kind for a week. I have something for you here, and would like to ask a favor. May I shear your sheep for their wool? I'm not sure why it is needed, but I am certain it will not be wasted."

That was how this sort of thing usually went, either he would use the wool for something, or it would be traded for something else along the line.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 am

Kev's time during this early afternoon was spent browsing through a book, trying to absorb a lot of information. Once Spring was in full swing, Kev was going to pay a certain curly haired woman a visit, get some seeds to plant and tend, to make up for the plants that had been destroyed by the Phazon. Even better, on this young afternoon, was that he was not interrupted! Not from the panicked squeals of the sheep or Llama, nor from a racist whistler, nor from a Communist tank. It was just a nice, lazy afternoon.

Until there came a rap-tap-tapping at his front door. Quoth the robot-turned-Zurgythingy;

"Kev, are you home? This is Lawrence; please don't be alarmed when you see me, I have opted to become one of Zurg's kind for a week. I have something for you here, and would like to ask a favor. May I shear your sheep for their wool? I'm not sure why it is needed, but I am certain it will not be wasted."

Kev first noticed how...different the voice at the door sounded. But as the voice continued, he could sense some...Lawlyness in the voice. But it was a mix. A mix, because he had changed species! Lawrence as a Zurgy-Thingy, now this he had to see! "Alright, give me juuuust a second!" He folded the edge of his page and placed it down, holding his place, and walked over to the door, opening it up and seeing what looked to be two Zurg's! He assumed the one closest to the door was Lawrence.

"This is what you meant, I assume?" He said to Zurg vaguely, snickering a bit. That man plans ahead! He looked at Lawrence and looked him over, impressed. "Zurgy-Thingy becomes you, Lawrence!" His eyes locked on the olive jar, and the black's of his eyes got a bit larger in response. "You want to shear the sheep? Sure! Their wool has grown back in since the summer, and its starting to warm up again." He was a little apprehensive, since well...how skilled was Lawrence at shearing? Of course, Kev wasn't an expert either, and who taught him how to shear? The very alien who would likely be teaching Lawrence how to.

Last edited by Kev on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:51 am

Oh look, Kev was home. Zurg leaned over the door frame to reveal himself out of the corner of Kev's vision. "Good afternoon, Kev. Yes, this is what I meant all those long days ago." Now that formalities had been properly broached, it was time to begin! No doubt the little darlings were out in the backyard, where they were guarded by Llama, Oscar, Percy, Shally, and Biddy. "It will be nice to see Suzy, Lavender, Felecia, Mary, Bessie, Lula, and... Glen." Who used to be Glenda, but he digressed. And yes, Zurg remembered every name for all of Kev's animals. Or, at least the animals he had met since his serviceman visit here.

"Would you be so kind as to lead the both of us to your flock?" the alien politely asked. "As Lawrence has already told you, he is to shear your sheep for their wool. I realize he most likely has no experience with such a task, so I am here to oversee and correct. I will not let any harm come to your precious animals, Kev."

As experienced as this novice shepherd was, not even Zurg was confident enough to let Lawrence go about it entirely on his own.

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Lawrence could feel himself blushing faintly at the compliment, but he didn't let it go to his head. "Why, thank you, Kev; for the compliment and for allowing me to do this." He noted his friend's eyes getting a bit dilated at the olive jar, and thus he handed it over.

The ex-robot let Zurg speak, further explaining to Kev the reason why they were there. The monarch was right, unfortunately. While Lawrence had gone native for a while when stranded on Zanifar, the Fongoids didn't really have any herd animals to tend to. Their existence was a bit more hunter-gatherer than what it seemed Zurg's people were. He did know what sheep were, but that was mostly because somewhere in the three galaxies of his universe, there was a weapon rumored to turn things into sheep.

After the monarch finished, Lawrence nodded, confirming his words. "Yes, I have never done anything like this before, but there's a first time for everything, I suppose. Do not worry, Kev, I will be as careful as I possibly can in regards to your animals."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:04 pm

He gave Zurg a wave as he got closer to the door frame, head tilted to the side. Zurg had harvested some grass, and now he was helping Lawrence to shear some sheep. These two tasks were likely related, especially since this was Zurg, but it was also their business, not his. His 'business' only extended to the sheep. "Oh! How's Jo doing?" And by default, Proxy. Was he back yet?

Kev's shoulders dipped a bit as Zurg expressed how great it'd be to see the sheep. Impressive that he remembered them all after the one visit! Although there was a slight correction in order. "I'm afraid you'd only be seeing Suzy, Lavender, Felicia, Bessie, Lula, and Glen. Mary died during the Phazon." Poor, poor Mary. Lawrence's thanks were answered by a respectful nod, and Kev took his jar and placed it on a table just inside. "Thank you very much! These olives smell delicious already." He was almost done with that other jar, now he could get started on a new one!

"Oh, of course!" He reached inside and grabbed a jacket, placing it on himself and drawing the hood up to conserve warmth. "I trust you Zurg. You taught me how to shear after all! Oh, will you need the shears, or..." His eyes fell upon the spear that he just noticed Zurg had. "...Or do you have other ideas?" Either way, he stepped off the porch, ready to lead the two off if they did not need the shears. "Thank you Lawrence, and Zurg! I appreciate your assurances that you won't hurt the sheep. It makes me feel better."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 am

"Jo is doing relatively fine," Zurg replied. "She's been working hard and enjoying herself on the days she's off. She also wishes you a happy belated birthday, by the way. Sorry we weren't able to celebrate it with you; things were a tad busy in January." You know, because the moon had become a heart. The monarch became solemn at the news that poor Mary had perished during the Phazon Crisis. He even rested a sympathetic hand upon his friend's shoulder. "I am terribly sorry to hear that, Kev. You and Leslie must have taken that hard." At least he still had the rest of his fluffy children to care after.

Moving away from that depressing news, the monarch noticed Kev's wandering gaze drift upon his spear. "Oh, this?" Zurg gave it a light shake, letting the trinkets rattle noisily. "Doho, no. I will not be rough with your bleating darlings today, Kev. Just your shears will do, if you'd be so kind." And was it chilly outside? Hmm, neither of the X'rghthu men experienced any coldness in the air. They were far too warm to notice, let alone energized from their afternoon run. Not even the topless Zurg felt a thing.

"Whenever you are ready to lead us, Kev, we will follow," he said.

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 am

Lawrence wasn't so sure that Jo was doing fine, but he did not interrupt Zurg. If the monarch was confident enough to go off to do all this and allow Jo to stay at home, the butler trusted his friend's judgement, though.

At Kev's mention of yet another loss due to the Phazon, the ex-robot offered his condolences as well. Too many had fallen to that strange blue ooze, entirely too many. "How terrible, another life claimed by that awful substance. I too feel sorry for your loss, Kev."

Having said that, Lawrence decided he had best follow Zurg's lead, as he was still unsure of what exactly he was going to be doing.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Relatively fine sounded good! "I'm glad to hear that. I was thinking about coming around again, just for a simple visit!" It'd been a while for the both of them since he'd come over just for some silly, simple 'hang out' time. Before, it was an agreement while Zurg was gone, and during the summer, it was because of what had happened with Leslie and Harry. With how things had been, especially after what happened in August, it seemed they all needed some time that didn't have such serious consequences to them. "Aw, that's fine Zurg!" He waved his hand dismissively before chuckling sheepishly. "I'll consider it payback for my not coming over for your's and Jo's birthdays. I don't have nearly as good an excuse for that, and I'm sorry."

Zurg's hand came to rest on Kev's shoulder, and he reached up and laid a hand on his hand in turn, nodding a bit. "The loss was lessened at least, by the fact that the rest of the animals came out of that stupid crisis in one piece. And especially that it wasn't poor Lavender, I think Leslie would strangle me if I let anything happen to her, that's her favorite~." He sent a nod to the robot-turned-alien. "Thank you as well, Lawrence. I'm glad you guys got out of that mess intact." Mostly intact at least, but at least neither Jo, Zurg, or Lawrence had become infected or died.

He let out a small breath of relief, good, that spear wouldn't be shaving the sheep after all. "If you don't mind me asking then, what's that spear for?" He asked as he walked up the porch and poked his head inside, glancing around. He darted inside quickly and made his way to the bathroom, finding the shears in there. "A pair of electric shears, coming up!" He came back to the front door and closed it behind him, glancing at the two purple aliens and noting how under-dressed they seemed to be. And yet they weren't freezing at all! Lucky mammals.

"I'm ready. I wonder if the sheep will remember you, Zurg! They've gotten a little bigger from when you last saw them, I think! Both height-wise and around the middle." He rested the shears over his shoulder as they began trucking into the meadow. "They're usually down by the creek at this point. Aha! See?" He gestured to the creek that ran around and behind their cottage, where several furry and round bundles relaxed in the shade. All was quiet, save for a few bleats. Llama and Biddy both looked up to see their owner and the two approaching people. "Word of caution..." Kev leaned towards Lawrence's direction. "Llama likes to spit. And I'm sure you don't want to feel what that feels like on your new skin, let alone if he manages to get you in the eye, or the mouth!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:41 am

Of course Jo wasn't doing fine, but it wouldn't do to air her laundry would it? All Kev needed to know was that Jo was alive, healthy, and keeping out of trouble. Fine was a perfect word to fit all three nicely. "We would love to have you over, Kev. You and Leslie, even. But make sure to tell us in advanced so we can properly accommodate you." Homo and Shalti were absolute boogers when it came to sharing the extra guest bed. "And do not stress about missing our aging day, Kev. A new year has began with new opportunities. November will surely roll around again, just you wait." The month will be here before you know it, as they say.

Zurg had to agree that it was a stupid crisis. "I am just glad it's done and over with," he said, not afraid to show a telltale scowl. Everything concerning that awful event was just rotten. But the alien would be lying if he echoed Kev's sentiments. "We... also suffered a loss," he said slowly. "Proxy is still not back from the Pool of Souls and Jo is taking his absence hard. Nevertheless, we have faith that he will return. It is simply a matter of time." How ironic of him to say that just now. "But it is good to know that you, too, came back from the Pool, Kev. I heard you activated the star-child at last and sent the place packing~! Ooh, I bet it was glorious to see, yes." Apparently dropping miniature suns and collapsing them was a swell pastime to some aliens. Who knew? And look at Kev, exhaling after knowing that spear wouldn't be used anytime soon.

"Hmm? Oh, the spear is primarily for ceremony but since you are curious..." Zurg waited for Kev to return before showing his scaly friend what other purpose the spear held. In a sudden sprint off to the side and a following springy hop, the alien planted the butt of his spear firmly into the earth and literally vaulted over a random obstacle. "H'yt (hyoot)!" He flipped, horns over heels, and managed to land upon both bare feet, clearing the jump. "But in the event that I come across troubles in my path or charging enemies, my spear provides an extra oomph whenever I need it," he explained.

Totally not sheep-shearing material. Anyway, now that Kev had the shears and everything looked ready to go, it was time to begin!

...Finally, right?

Onward to Kev's livestock! "I hope they remember me - especially Glen~!" True to Kev's words, as they approached closer to the lazing creatures, the sheep had indeed gotten bigger. Or fatter, but let's be sensitive. Llama and Biddy were there as expected, with Kev warning Lawrence of Llama's... er, affectionate quirk. Zurg chuckled and went for the shade, sitting upon a mossy stump and crossing his legs. "Alright, it is time. Lawrence, you are now to listen to Kev and let him teach you how to shear the sheep." Should be a simple task, right? After all, Zurg had taught Kev how to do it just fine.

While the two were busy doing that (if they had the confidence), Zurg reached for his second jar and gave it a light shake. Ah, good. X'ki's pieces were still there, twinkling beneath the dappled sunlight. He removed the lid and dumped its contents upon his clothed lap, carefully patting all the little shards into a neat, mounting pile. "Go on," he said to them, eyes busy on his work. "I will be here if you need me. You two can do it just fine - but avoid Glen's hindquarters. He has a mean kick."

Lawrence, don't get kicked in the babymaker...

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:16 am

It had probably been quite a while since Kev and Zurg had really socialized, so Lawrence found it a little hard to interrupt. He did manage to speak up at a few points, though, agreeing with the monarch. "Yes, it would be lovely to have you over again, Kev. Perhaps we could find another movie to watch when you do come over."

The mention of Proxy was another point where Lawrence commented, though this was a bit more depressed sounding. "I miss him terribly . . . though Zurg is right, he will return eventually. I just wonder why he is taking so long, at times..."

Kev retrieved the shears, and lead the two X'rghthu men over to the meadow where the sheep were, giving the warning about Llama as he did so. Lawrence nodded, having no desire to feel that particular sensation. "Ugh, thank you for the warning . . . that sounds utterly disgusting." Half of him wanted to squint at the offending creature, but then again that might encourage the beast to spit on him. Nope, Llama wasn't going to get eye contact from this Zurgythingy, though he would listen closely to his movements to make sure he wasn't in spitting range.

It seemed this would be the moment of truth, as Zurg gave the instructions to proceed. The monarch would be taking a step back, and trying to repair X'ki as he observed? At that point, Lawrence looked to Kev, eager to get started. "All right, where should I begin?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:05 pm

He looked between the two aliens as they agreed that having him over would be fun. "Thank you! I'd love to watch another movie with you all. I'll see if Leslie is interested too! She might be, she and Jo haven't seen each other for a while." The last time he'd seen those two around each other had been...that Glitch!X crisis? That was so long ago! Those two had a lot to catch up on. "Will do! Especially if Leslie were to come over, you'd need to get your place ready for two guests." It was the polite thing to do, after all! He nodded slightly, that was very true. That was the funny thing about 'birthdays', is that they came around every year. It was rather stable, although sometimes time gets away from you. This time, he'd make sure not to forget about their birthday.

"Oh indeed. Now its all in the past!" The casual chitchat seemed to take a somber tone as the subject of Proxy came up. He had tried to avoid bringing him up, but at the same time he was very eager to hear how he was, or was not doing. "I heard, I am so sorry..." Hearing that he wasn't back yet was...worrying. Quite a few times here, someone who didn't return after a set amount of time being dead was assumed to be gone forever. How long had it been for Proxy? 5 months? That wasn't boding well... "You're right, he'll be back soon. Maybe his trial is really hard or frustrating for him to finish. But he has too much to come home to for him to be gone." He put a sympathetic hand on both of their shoulders. He especially had to come back for Jo. Sure, his only knowledge of 'parent-child' relationships were partially based on observations on the Masters cult, and we all know how well THEY all turned out...but Proxy wasn't Dani, and Jo wasn't Phantom. Proxy might have had his issues with Zurg, but he had always been loyal to Jo. In turn, Jo never treated Proxy like a slave. They had a bond, and it was one worth coming back to.

And just as the tune turned somber, Zurg turned it right back to a more light hearted one, or at least as light hearted as the circumstances of his recent death had been! "Thank you, I'm glad to be back! And I'm afraid I can't take credit for that! I might have had the Star Child on hand, but Aya was the one to use it and 'send the place packing'! I actually miss that little star, but at least it got a greater use than just being food for me." Destroying Phazon was a worth fate indeed!

"Ceremony? Is this an initiation?" He tilted his head to the side curiously. Zurg HAD mentioned learning to shear on his planet. Perhaps this was a Rite of Passage! Aaw, Lawrence is going to become a man! Returning with the electric shears, he watched as Zurg ran off and, using the spear, performed a pole vault that would make people in the Olympics jealous! He even landed on both feet, without falling over! "Only an idiot would mess with Zurg carrying a spear!"

To the meadow they went! Finding those wooly mounds easily. "Oh, Glen will definitely remember you. You were the one who put a stop to his little gender crisis!~" A 'crisis' that could have been averted had Kev known how to tell a male sheep from a female. "You're welcome, Lawrence! No one deserves to have Llama's nasty spit on them, especially not someone who just got their organic fleshy skin." The sheep were found, and so the shearing could begin! Except that it seems Kev was the one who would be teacher this time. "Oh, but I thought you'd be teaching him." That was unexpected. He didn't have anything better to do with his time though, so why not teach Lawrence how to shear? And it seemed Zurg was busy with something else anyway. "Alright, I'll get to teaching him! You have fun with...whatever you're doing!"

He turned to face the former robot, rubbing his chin. "Hmm...we are ill prepared a bit! I'll be right back!" He jogged back to the cottage and within minutes, returned with a sheet, rope, a stool, gloves, and a black cloth. He set the stool down and set the sheet down in front of it. "Before we shear each sheep, we have to check their wool for little plants that get stuck, and pluck them off." He handed Lawrence the larger pair of gloves, hoping they'd fit, and walked over to the flock of sheep. "We'll start with you first, Suzy! Just like old times~!" He returned with a sheep of dark blue wool, who glanced up at Lawrence with wide eyes. When she first saw Zurg, she had been intimidated. This smelled similar to him, so it was at least somewhat familiar. She looked away and let out a small bleat. Kev held up the black cloth. "This only has to be used if the sheep seems like they're intimidated or freaked out. Suzy's okay though! Hold her steady, I'm going to tie her little legs together."

Kev laid Suzy down and as Lawrence helped to keep her still, Kev cooed and stroked her sides as he tied her legs together. As soon as she was secure, Kev pricked little sticks and sticky weeds off of her wool, stroking her sides as he did. "After cleaning the wool, and soothing her to make her calm, you'll be ready to shear her! How does it sound so far, Lawrence?" Speak now, or forever hold your peace!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:43 am

Like the smell of Kev's animals, Lawrence? Zurg certainly did. He inhaled a hearty whiff and lovingly sighed, recalling older memories. "Reminds me of home..." was all he said with a smile. His friend may not agree that these animals smelled pleasant, but that will come in due time. Right now the monarch was content with himself, lightly bouncing his crossed legs up and down as he watched the two.

"Yes, Kev. You shall teach him." You... may or may not appreciate that chuckle just now, but Zurg was a mysterious man. He worked in equally mysterious ways. Nothing was more mysterious than him glancing down at his lap and putting on his reading glasses, however. With both hands he began to sort through the shards, eyes blown out of proportion thanks to his glasses' lens. That must have been like sorting through grain! "Although I know Proxy and I have had our rows, we're on better terms. I'm certain he'll show up again one day, but these things take time. Death isn't one to follow timetables." Ah, a particularly robust shard! Zurg held it up in the light to inspect it, rotating the piece to get a better look. "Hmm... Much too jagged to be the keystone," he lightly remarked offhand. Back to sorting for him. The alien did look up from time to time as he watched Kev and Lawrence work. So they wanted to start with little Suzy? A safe bet.

Cleaning the wool and using a dark cloth was innovative enough. "You will find that shearing a sheep isn't nearly as hard as it seemed," Zurg said to his friend, returning to picking shards left and right. "I am confident the two of you will manage to collect the fleece just fine. Isn't that right, Llama?" Llama may opt to agree or disagree, depending on the creature's mood.

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:54 pm