Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Come Out, Come Out...

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:32 pm

It was all over, just like that. There was no raging, no yelling, no laser beam eyes; just... a single question. In all honesty Jo had been taken aback. And not only by just the question but also the demureness in his tone of voice, the melancholy face, and this... domestication with his clothing. Since when did he ever wear the clothing she bought him...? No sync suit? No veil? No anything at all? Just... For a split second Jo had a surreal moment, where things were suddenly put into perspective. Any other day she would have fawned over him and made a menace of herself, but now? Now she felt like she had just committed ethnocide, giving him these... outsider clothes.

Lawrence wrote:"Please, do not blame her for this, however . . . this was ultimately my fault, started with how foolishly I indulged my curiosity."
    Jo wouldn't have that. She would not.

"That's not true." Sorry Lawrence, but she wasn't about to let you fall on the sword. Not this time. "Lawrence only came with me because I asked him to," she explained. "I was the one who came up with this plan -- all of it. From taking your robes and making him wear them as a disguise, to using a high-powered magnet and... and stomping on X'ki. That was all... me." When she thought about it like that, the little plan of hers had actually been kinda... devious. Stealing, manipulating, murder... Well okay, murder was a little harsh but X'ki certainly ain't moving. What was going to happen now that she confessed? Jo wasn't sure about anything but she knew one thing at least; she had come clean and was ready to await judgment. Of course she was anxious about that judgment, but what can you do?

She could only exhale, knowing this wasn't a good time for anyone. "For what it's worth... I'm sorry, Big Z. I didn't mean to harm your friend. I, well... Okay, I was mad and I'll admit that. But... But I didn't mean to kill him!" She really didn't...
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:11 pm

That was certainly quite the tale these two had for him... But Zurg listened patiently all the same, not reacting until they were finished. There were so many ways he could take this news, but somehow... the monarch's tired face softened. "You stole my clothes, paraded around in my heels, and then stomped on X'ki, a crotchety old thing as he is? ...All for me?" He didn't sound angry... Actually, he sounded pretty... smitten. "Gosh, either you two are the clumsiest schemers I've ever encountered or you care for me so much that you humbled perhaps one of the most unyielding xuls I've ever known. Doho... I guess that is a happy Valentine's to me." And to make a pill of himself, as was proper, the man struck up a pose as if he were swooning. Zurg, you don't even celebrate Valentine's Day, you shameless cad!

But he calmed down, resuming to be that weary, mellow person they were still coming to know. "I appreciate you two being honest with me, but you needn't worry. X'ki is designed to take a beating, much to even my chagrin. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to throw him against a wall repeatedly or let the cats have their way with him. Still, I think this way will teach him a lesson in humility." Did that mean... he agreed with you two?

Before either of you could ask him, the alien bent down to scoop up X'ki's busted husk within his hands. "Oh X'ki, you are such a proud man... I could have told you that you would meet your match eventually." Zurg then felt his fingers around the construct's frame, fiddling with something neither of you could see at this distance.

SSSSSHK!

Suddenly X'ki opened up like a strange, alien metal blossom; where inside there must have been thousands of gleaming particles. The dazzling pile could have been mistaken for diamonds, but in actuality they were finer than grains of sand. What were they? "Ah, I see you managed to shatter his core... No, I can't imagine he will dare to insult either of you after this," the monarch said. So shattering X'ki wasn't fatal? Zurg found it highly amusing that you two thought the construct had died, and he made a light, antagonizing remark about it. "Trust me, the real X'ki died a long, long time ago. And I am almost 100% positive that he would prefer being stomped than whatever fate defeated him then." He closed his friend's shell to prevent any further losses, holding the dormant sphere close to his chest. "Hmm... I can repair him, but it will take time. Oh, do you like my clothes?" That was a random thing to say.

"I thought about something while I was crying like a baby. If Lawrence is undergoing a cultural revolution for a week, then I want to try living as an outsider so he's not alone, too. Jo, you can do whatever you wish. I think trying someone else's skin is a worthwhile experience." And if you thought about getting away from that fire you mentioned earlier...

Zurg smiled and turned around, placing all weight upon one leg and cocking his hip to the right. "Tell me, do these jeans make my butt look fat? Be honest, I have a phobia with mirrors."

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Oh wow, talk about mood whiplash. Lawrence wasn't sure his eyes could go much wider in shock, even though deep down, he was secretly hoping for this sort of thing to happen. Something of a ragged sigh of relief escaped him, and he kind of sagged a bit where he sat. "Yes, it was all for you . . . but Jo's plan was reasonably thought out, for such a spur of the moment thing. It was just at the end where we stumbled..."

Then Zurg stooped down and picked up X'ki's broken shell, briefly opening it up and showing it to both Lawrence and Jo. Not for the first time in the past few hours, the butler wished he had access to his sensors as he would be able to get a better look at the damage. That the pile of sparkling shards could be repaired at all was a surprise and a relief. "He can be repaired? I would try the Chronoscepter but I may not be able to use it properly until this week ends. I also have some Nanotech stored back home in case of emergencies, if that would be of use."

Lawrence wasn't sure he liked the idea of Zurg doing the whole outsider thing, but he chalked it up to just needing to get used to the idea. As for the alien gracing them with a lovely view of his backside, the butler tried not to snicker. "I think you look quite handsome in those, but then you look wonderful in anything you wear..."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:38 am

And that's when Jo's temper flared for a second time in less than half an hour.

"YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU WEREN'T GOING TO BE MAD AT ALL EVEN THOUGH I WORRIED MY HEART OUT!?"

Classic Big Z, showing his affection in a way that was guaranteed to cause sparks to fly. Can't say she wasn't relieved but really? Just really, Big Z? The mechanic balled up her fists, eyes squeezed shut and teeth bared for all to see. Yes, she mad. It was bad enough she thought the whole exile business would have been the last bunzel that broke the moozle's back, and it was even bad enough that she dragged Lawrence into this mess. But to come out and say that X'ki can be fixed while acting as if the universe had mysteriously righted itself? After all the stress they had just endured?

She thrust a furious finger directly at the strangely-dressed alien, brow quirking. "Not. Cool." Yes, you looked handsome in those clothes (showing some skin'll do you good) but don't push your luck, pal. Jo wanted nothing more than to throttle that non-neck of yours. But, on the plus side, she should probably be grateful that nothing terrible had happened as a result of her and Lawrence's intervention.

"Ugh..." So she just sighed, shoulders drooping as she exhaled. "I'm going to need a vacation after this." Jo could feel it in her bones. Oh well... X'ki can be fixed and that's all that mattered, because she didn't want a dead AI on her conscience at night. And she could do whatever she wished, huh? The mechanic crossed her arms, huffing. "How about you try living in my skin right now, Big Z?" Because her skin at the moment? Yeah, going to need a bath to simmer down and enter her inner zen. "You try living in the body of a twenty-five year old woman." And also surrounded by smelly aliens who had this weird outlook on life. No, scratch that. Frustrating outlook on life. But you know what? Jo was going to try and see the bright side; one where she didn't make herself a purple rug for the living room. Don't tempt her.

Wait, why was he smiling...?

Oh brother. He was acting flamboyant as usual, she saw. Jo had a fitting answer to that, don't you worry. "And it's only going to get fatter when I cook the hot dogs for tonight," she said. That's right, Big Z. Hot dogs. You deserved at least three of them. The mechanic narrowed her eyes and lifted up a boot, the same one that crushed X'ki, and planted it firmly upon his backside with a shove. "Okay, you. Get going. I'm stinky, sweaty, and all tuckered out. Lawrence, don't go homo on me." This was going to be some week, boy.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:03 am

"Fret not, Lawrence. We have a belief that in the end, after everything has been said and done, the universe will find a way to right itself. It may be today, tomorrow, or millions of years down the road; it shall surely happen no matter the course." Just by that ideal alone Lawrence should be able to understand that the X'rghthu were very slow and hesitant by nature. "Without a doubt I can repair X'ki, although I am uncertain to what extent. Even our technology can be a mystery to me, but I don't think the Chronoscepter or Nanotech will help." Zurg was nevertheless grateful for his friend's offer.

And, speaking of mood whiplash, the monarch wasn't the only one...

Jo suddenly unleashed an angry diatribe; one so loud that even Zurg cringed, wondering if the furious mechanic had laser eyes of her own. Wow, her temper certainly went all the way up to eleven. "I-I am sorry, Jo. I didn't mean to worry you. It is just so much has happened within these few hours that even I am still rebounding. Never in my wildest dreams did I figure X'ki would exile me. I thought he would float and sputter like he normally did." As for the monarch's myriad of moods today... Well, he was far from perfect. He was trying not to be so careless with them, preferring to keep them inward until in private where he could vent and affect no one. That was honestly harder than it sounded. Zurg had slipped up today, as he never did quite well with unwanted surprises he was not prepared for. That tended to send him into a mental panic and induce anxiety.

A frustrated finger now pointed at his face, Zurg slightly frowned and took a half-step back. "If there was a way where we could switch bodies, I don't think we would like it." And mainly because the monarch knew he couldn't handle being a woman with fully-functional hormones. Jo wouldn't like feeling so dull all the time, either. "But I can prepare you a nice bath, Jo. That will help you relax and I didn't eat the bath salts this time." Wait, hot dogs?

Zurg shuddered, making a face that they could not see. Ugh, anything but hot dogs... "Jo, you can't feed those awful things to Lawrence. It will ruin his bowels." Those wieners also added pounds! But no amount of pleading was going to change her mind for now, since Jo gave him a nice shove with her boot upon his rear. "Ah-ah! I need to keep these clean for today, thank you." Glad to hear Lawrence admired the view, though~!

It seemed that things had more or less settled, better than all the possibilities that could have happened, and the monarch turned around. "We should head back home," he suggested, still holding onto X'ki. "Jo, you have an appointment with the bathtub and Lawrence, your first task awaits. I was serious about teaching you our ways, if you're still interested."

The trials ahead would not be easy but given everything you have weathered so far... You should have little trouble at all.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:58 pm

Lawrence ended up cringing at Jo's short but loud tirade, his horns once again ringing just a bit from the shouting. Yes, he did share a bit of the same anger, what with all of these terrible things happening at once and somehow Zurg managed to be okay with it. Still, given this was such a nice change considering how things had gone so far, he could get over it.

The ex-robot made a bit of a face at the mention of hot dogs. 'Ruining his bowels' was right, given what little he knew of X'rghthu biology, not to mention biology in general. There was of course the firsthand experience of seeing what Zurg went through during the Phazon debacle, given hot dogs were one of the only things in the house to eat . . . the Breach didn't need to see (or smell) that much gas again. "I would not consume those if I were human, let alone like this . . . if you had any idea of the results of my scanning one of those hot dogs, you would not want to eat them either, Jo."

At the mention of heading home, and of a task, Lawrence looked up at Zurg. Even after all that, he was still willing to teach? Well then, who was the butler to pass that opportunity up, having come so close to possibly losing it? "Yes, of course I'm still interested . . . after this much trouble, I am not turning back now. I suppose you won't tell me what the task is until I'm about to do it, though."

He stood up to leave, though he once again had to keep those heels in mind when he did. Poise and dignity, not to mention just keeping balance were the thoughts running through the back of his mind. Lawrence's ankles were starting to bother him, but he could make it back to the house hopefully without tripping. "How did you make walking around in these look so effortless? I can manage it, but it's somewhat difficult."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:45 pm

See!? There was that frustrating belief again! "Good thing we totally have a million years, huh?" No denying sarcasm that time. Jo primarily kept to herself and let Lawrence have some interaction; she was busy thinking about things. You know, stuff. Stuff that she kept to herself and wouldn't be addressing until the moment was right. You might have the opportunity of seeing it. "I was kidding about the body switch, Big Z." She liked herself just fine the way she was. And a bath? That's opportunity knocking, right there. The mechanic lowered her arms and decided to walk past them both. Oh all the things she could have said but didn't. Come along, her little alien stragglers. Any more purple and the world was going to explode. As for Big Z walking in heels effortlessly?

"They bother him all the same," she said, heading off. The difference was that he didn't say anything, as with many other things.

((Sorry for the meh post; internet issues and work. Big Z, you mind starting the next thread when you can?))

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:39 am