Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: An Entirely New Jungle

Post by Sonia on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:47 pm

"It appears that this world is quite fantastic indeed," At this Sonia cracked a small grin.

That's a good word for it. And no, there were certainly plenty of different looking people in portal breach, the strangers face wouldn't call that much attention to it. At least not in Sonia's opinion, his attire on the other hand... Your clothes are more likely to grab attention than your looks. And yes possibly the way his words did not match up with his mouth, but mostly his clothes...

The stranger spoke her name, but when he tried to give his own it seemed that he could not. He could not even remember it.

We see, was there nothing anyone called you back in your world?
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 25

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:05 pm

So she can smile...

It was perhaps needed that she pointed out how his attire was likely to grab attention more than his face. Where he came from, with the little he could recall, hardly anyone had found his clothing material indecent or out of place. Then again it had been combat, and soldiers typically did not care so long as they could... Wait, soldiers... A brief image of knights in black armor crossed his mind, where the crest of a golden scorpion lay proudly atop their chests. This seems familiar but I cannot... Once again, another haze clouding his mind. He will have to reflect on this later; Sonia was still addressing him.

"Yes, I will most likely have to find a suit of armor or civilian clothing," the Leopard Man agreed. Feeling the breeze upon his bare skin never bothered him and neither did his lack of cover, but he was willing to adapt. It could be that his gargantuan size threatened people. Would he also need to lose his sword?
    Sonia wrote:We see, was there nothing anyone called you back in your world?
    Back in my world... A world he could not remember along with his name, although these soldiers... The man ultimately had to shake his head, signifying that he simply did not know. "I do not remember much of my origin, either. I know that I have the head of a leopard and body of a man; that is all." How frustrating.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:17 pm

She could smile, sometimes anyways.

"Yes, I will most likely have to find a suit of armor or civilian clothing," That would probably be a good idea, how the man was staying warm in the February air was beyond her, Sonia wore several layers and a large coat and still the cold nipped at her.

There are several stores where you could buy clothes, though you'll need money. If you have any you might try to go to the bank, they'll take what you have and exchange it for the currency we use here. There is also an Inn, further down that way, Sonia motioned south. If you follow the road you'll end up there, it's called the Stock Pot Inn, it's free. Most new arrivals stay there for awhile.

"I do not remember much of my origin, either. I know that I have the head of a leopard and body of a man; that is all."

Oh, we see. We're sorry, that must be very problematic. Is there, anything that you would prefer to be called? She could not imagine that they other would prefer to be called "Hey you", or "Leopard-head" for the rest of his stay on Portal Breach.
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:46 pm

A bank and an inn... "I do not have the fortune of carrying money," he said, alluding to the fact that he was entirely stripped of currency. It would seem that applying for work will be his next objective, but that too shall come later. The Leopard Man directed his eyes to the south, where Sonia had pointed. "A place to stay for free? That is certainly generous of the innkeeper." But did the man truly wish to stay there? He knew not, as with many things. The man wasn't even sure of what Sonia should call him.

"I do not have a preference," he replied. "If I may ask, what would you call me?"
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:21 pm

"I do not have the fortune of carrying money,"

Well that could be problematic then. That's alright, some people have no money when they arrive, so you're not the first. The man would have to find a job then, or not. Some people had no jobs at all in portal breach and they got along just fine.

"A place to stay for free? That is certainly generous of the innkeeper."

Sonia nodded in agreement. Yeah, Link is very nice, and it isn't just the rooms, it's the food as well. A lot of people when they arrive have nothing either, so the Inn is suppose to make it easier on them Sonia had spent quite a bit of time living at the inn herself when she had arrived, it had been quite enjoyable. Sonia had to pause in her nostalgia however as the strangers next question caught her off guard.

What she would call him? I am unsure, you are a stranger to us and we would not know what you would identify yourself with...other than the obvious. But, we highly doubt you would want to be called Leopard...I um..names are important. We would not want to...
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:44 pm

This Stockpot Inn sounded promising, but he had not decided yet. "If my path leads me to the inn, then I will surely consider it as a place of temporary stay. Thank you for informing me," the man said, grateful. It would be good to eat a filling meal, as he had not tasted much over these past few hours. His appetite could wait; Sonia was just as hesitant to give him a name. She proposed the name 'Leopard', and it was fitting if not also obvious. "I do not find the name offensive," he said. Sonia was doing her hardest not to insult him, but she need not worry. And what of this sword he carried?

The man gripped the hilt of his sword and withdrew it from its sheath. Such a chilling sound, the sound of metal released for a taste of combat. It would be denied, as its owner held it parallel to his chest and studied the reflection it gave him. Leopard... If this was to be his face and this was to be his sword, then he will be called... "Leopard Warrior," the man said. "I feel as if I am a warrior, excellent with a blade and capable of fight. This name will do." Until he found his true name, it will.

"You must have more important business than to answer my questions," the Leopard Warrior spoke. He stayed his sword and slid it back into its sheath. "Nevertheless, I will not forget you kindness, Sonia. I thank you." But he did have one more thought that needed answering. "If I am to find work, where shall I start?" he asked.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:09 pm

Sonia nodded and the horde shifted from her front to their original posts, it seemed this landwalker was of no threat to their Queen, at least not an immediate one. You're welcome. And we, I, am glad we did not offend you. She said with relief. Insulting someone of such larger stature than herself was not what she wanted to do on her lunch break.

Ah, but perhaps the horde had assumed too much too soon. From within her coat the horde released an bubbling audible hiss as the stranger drew his sword. Sonia herself took a step back to both give the stranger room for his weapon, and because she was unsure of what he was doing with it. That was a very big sword... But he did not appear to be attacking her with it, no, he seemed to be looking at the blade.

"Leopard Warrior,"

What?

"I feel as if I am a warrior, excellent with a blade and capable of fight. This name will do."

Oh. Alright then. Odd, but if that's what he wanted to be called then she would call him that. The horde ceased their hissing as the other sheathed his blade.

"You must have more important business than to answer my questions. Nevertheless, I will not forget you kindness, Sonia. I thank you." At this Sonia merely nodded and stepped back to where she was originally standing.

You're welcome..Leopard Warrior, and it's alright I really didn't have anywhere that important to be She could eat her lunch at the shop if she needed to, stopping to speak to the other had not put anything important back in her schedule. Though, that name was going to be a little difficult if they ran into eachother again, she would try her best though, as for businesses..

There are a lot of places in the business district if you're looking for someone to hire you. I could show you, my own shop is there, it wouldn't be a problem.
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:38 pm

By now the Leopard Warrior had grown used to Sonia's mysterious companions, and he found their devoted protection to her admirable. "Your concealed friends are making quite the noise," he noted. "They have loyalty to you like a knight to their queen." Queen... He had a feeling that... he met a few before. But when and during what fated day? Perhaps it mattered not and the Leopard Warrior returned his immediate focus back to the present. "I would be grateful if you showed me the Business District. This world is still strange to me and it will take time until I understand it fully." Sonia was not required to aid him further but she was a kind person; the favor will be repaid one day.

"Whenever you are ready, I will walk by your side," he said.

RPer Note: I am unsure if a new thread is to be made. If one requires to be, you may have the honor of making it if you wish. This site is still very new to me and I do not want to have a misstep so early.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 pm

"Your concealed friends are making quite the noise. They have loyalty to you like a knight to their queen."

Yes, they are very loyal. Sonia agreed, softly humming through her hivemind and the horde hummed back in response. The affection spread throughout the hivemind and grew, making her feel warm inside. Her attention was however called back to the present by the others request.

Yes, I could show you. I need to be getting back to work anyways, so it's no problem at all. Sonia motioned for the other to follow her and began to walk in the direction of the business district. Hopefully the other would be able to find what he was looking for.

Sure, I can make a new thread! :) I'll pm it to you once it's done
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:29 pm

The Leopard Warrior nodded in silence at Sonia's agreement to guide him. "Proceed." A new world, a new journey... Even with the head of a leopard he still felt the emotions of a man; anxiety, excitement, hope. Although this was a place unlike any he had every seen, in clarity and amnesia, he was willing... no, destined to make the most of it. Will he find his fate? Will he find what his ultimate purpose was to become? Perhaps not, he thought, amber eyes turned to the sky. But I am certain that I will discover things about this world, the one past, and myself. I am certain. He could make no mistake.

Together both Leopard Warrior and Sonia walked side by side, neither of them truly knowing what future promised ahead. And somehow, in fate's mysterious way, that is fitting.

RPer Note: Thank you.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:45 am