300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

An Entirely New Jungle

Post by Guin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:55 am

Time of Day: Somewhere around noon, according to the sun's position
    Date of Importance: Unknown

So this is Portal City...

This world was made of stone; it was... cold here. He knew not what he saw but he saw things that were entirely alien. What were these metal beasts that rode upon wheels? Siege engines? He could spot people riding inside, but this was no horse or mundane livestock. This was something completely beyond him. And the plethora of lights... Turning his head left and right, the tall and barren warrior studied his new surroundings. So many people, he thought. A handful of these individuals, these citizens, were humans, yes. They smelled familiar to him. But as to the rest? Amber eyes rested upon a strange figure; something between a fish and a man. Will I find the one who cursed me? Maybe and maybe not.

It would do no good to simply stand around and remain in the way. He figured, If I am to find the one responsible for this, then I must not let such sights enthrall me. He must remain focused. This city was grand but it was not without its dark spots. Of this he was certain, and so the scantily-clad juggernaut pushed his way through the crowd. If this is to be his fate then so be it; he will survive all the same.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: An Entirely New Jungle

Post by Sonia on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:36 am

Sonia was suppose to be on lunch, Alex and Velspar having volunteered to take the shop for her break. However she was having some difficulty, and was probably actually being rude, but really... It was not every day that she saw a scantily clad person with a cheetah? Leopard? head walking about the city.

So yes, she was gawking, though not intentionally. Through her eyes the horde observed the odd creature. They eyed his muscular form, a warrior then? And what of that cat head? What was wrong with the landwalker? Was it even a human? And why could it not wear more clothes?

Sonia blinked, that was a very good question actually. But really, asking such a thing would be rude...aaaaand she was gawking again. Sonia averted her eyes, the horde stirring from their place within her coat to rearrange themselves in a more comfortable position. She didn't recognize this person, did that mean he was new? Should she approach him? What if he was hostile?

Sometimes other's cultures were very different that her own, if she did something wrong then it could be perceived as a insult.
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 25

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:51 am

I sense someone staring...

Pointed ears swiveled around, getting a taste for the noises within this city. Much louder than the forest he had just left and the voices blended with the sounds of industry and commerce. He would not be able to pinpoint anything amiss if he relied on hearing alone. What of smell? His nose was hardly any better; it was far too... convoluted here. The fumes from these metal contraptions were noxious to a degree, and the miasma of smells from nearby eateries did not help. No, smell was just as incapable as hearing at the moment. What could he do?

Once again amber eyes roamed over the sea of countless heads, faces too unfamiliar and strange. Even if I want to find this mysterious onlooker, I would not be able to, he thought. This world was far too strange for him and to understand it would require time. Did he have enough? He might, but following a ghost will not bring immediate answers. The man continued to walk ahead with whiskers twitching. He was going to remain more alert from this point onward. Would he catch up with the owner of this unknown gaze then? "Hmm..."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 pm

Excus- Sonia stopped as the odd person looked around. Oh, was he looking for someone? He could be, or he was looking for some place, or he was just looking around and she was really thinking about this too much.

Not to mention she was wasting away her lunch break, and the cold was starting to nip at her ankles where they weren't covered by her skirt.

You are suppose to be trying to be more outgoing. To move on

At the most, she would be wrong and it would be awkward. But then she would walk away and go about the business of eating her lunch. Excuse me. She said, this time loud enough to hear.
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:49 pm

And destiny ordains that he will. The Leopard Man heard a voice; a small one.
    ??? wrote:Excuse me.
    I see... A single eye rolled to the side, all movement ceasing. From the corner of his vision, beyond the people with no names, stood a single woman. She was frail with black hair; almost as black as the night itself. What did she want? He noticed that she appeared unarmed, but to assume this so quickly... No, he will be making no quick judgments at this moment. Instead, he decided to grant this young dame's audience and see what she desired of him. What could she want?

The man approached this woman without a word, towering over her. "Yes, do you need something of me?" he asked.
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:11 pm

She had wondered if she had spoken loud enough, and apparently she had, because the man... leopard.. leopard man, approached her. From inside her coat the horde shifted across her arms and sides, their hard shells brushing lightly against the fabric. This stranger was much taller than the Queen. Much taller indeed, his physical strength would greatly outmatch her own should he prove to be hostile.

"Yes, do you need something of me?"

Actually we, I just wanted to know if you were lost...You look new. Are you? She asked, forcing herself to use the pronoun "I" instead of "we" as she normally would have done.
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:23 pm

"We?" The Leopard Man looked around but could find no one else lingering close to their conversation. Are we truly alone, or is there something else that I have yet to see? When he found no one conspicuous or threatening, those unblinking amber eyes focused upon the young woman's. "I am not lost but I am new," he softly replied. Although he could come off as a brute or a common thug, this man kept his voice at a calm, soothing level. Ferocity need not apply to one's voice if their sword could do the speaking for them. There was something else he wanted to address.

Wet nostrils flaring, the man swiveled his ears and sensed something... different about this dame. He smelled the sea but no ocean was nearby. Why? "Your coat seems to move," the Leopard Man noted. Could something be hidden beneath the fabric? A heavy hand rested upon the hilt of his sword, whiskers twitching. "We are not alone; you carry something. Perhaps several somethings. I hear them skittering upon your skin." Was this deceit or was this innocence?

I guess we shall see very soon...
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:48 pm

It would seem that correcting herself and changing to "I", had not helped.

"We?"

Yes? The horde hissed in her(their) mind(s), and far away the rest of the horde knew of what was happening. The many minds regarded the situation with mixed amounts of curiosity, annoyance, and apathy.

"I am not lost but I am new,"

Oh. Well then...

"Your coat seems to move," and then he rested his hand upon the hilt of his sword and the horde hissed louder inside her skull. The whispers offered her several suggestions. Dodge being one, though the majority of suggestions were far more violent. "We are not alone; you carry something. Perhaps several somethings. I hear them skittering upon your skin."

He could hear them moving across her skin? That...okay then. Sonia did not deny the accusation, Yes, is there something wrong? There was no deceit to be found here.
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:58 pm

She pauses...

For whatever reason that was not vocally explained, the man's hand continued to grip the hilt. Would he attack? Maybe and maybe not, but his eyes depicted a different picture; he was wary. And rightfully so, as this young woman had not been entirely forthright. "No," the Leopard Man finally said, "there is nothing wrong." For the time being. Like a cat the man seldom blinked, eyes intensely pinned upon the frail dame standing before him. She was hiding something but perhaps it was not his business, or his fortune, to discover her secret. His hand slipped from the hilt and resumed resting at his side, ready for action upon a moment's notice.

"I don't suppose there is a reason why you decided to hail me," the Leopard Man said. The woman did not look hurt or in need of help, so why call him aside? Did he have enemies here on this strange world or was she genuinely curious of his face? He was going to find out. "Do you normally greet those who are new?" he asked. "And what is... new." Was he the first of many?
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:19 pm

The stranger left his hand on the hilt of his sword, something that worried Sonia. Even more worrisome was how he looked at her, Sonia was not used to being looked at in such a way. She was used to being glanced over, or viewed as nonthreatening. Despite her abilities, she was pacifistic unless the situation called for it, so many people just ignored her overall.

"No,there is nothing wrong." Both she and the horde had a feeling that the stranger might not be telling the truth. But The Queen said nothing, and the horde made no hostile movements. The small bodies shifted within the coat again, not at all trying to be subtle as they moved to protect the Queens front. If the stranger knew that they were there, then there was no need to hide their movements beneath the coat.

"I don't suppose there is a reason why you decided to hail me. Do you normally greet those who are new? And what is... new.

Sonia paused, letting the horde still beneath her coat before answering. No, no particular reason, we honestly thought you may be lost. As for her greeting new arrivals, No, not anymore. Not really, and as for the stranger's last question. New to Portal Breach, new to the planet.
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Strange. But, then again... So am I.

There was more rustling beneath the woman's coat but the Leopard Man decided to ignore it for now. Instead, he listened carefully to the following replies. "Portal Breach... Planet..." What did this mean? The man couldn't remember much but the name Portal Breach... It wasn't a name he could recall at all to anything. Why? He suddenly thought of something, eyes continuing to remain fixated. "What is... Portal Breach?" he asked. If there are others that are new, then maybe...? "And have you seen anyone else like me?" Could it be a far shot? This place was covered in a myriad of faces; could more be from his... his... Planet?
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:54 am

"What is... Portal Breach?"

What an excellent question. The planet, but also the continent that we're currently on? We're not all that creative with naming things. Sonia shifted her weight onto her right foot as she answered. I think some also call this continent the main continent. We guess it just depends on who you talk to.

"And have you seen anyone else like me?"

That question was a bit more difficult, and Sonia found herself having a bit of a problem answering it. Could you be more specific? Do you mean someone new? Or someone with a similar face? She added the last part delicately, trying her best not to be rude.

Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:44 am

Continent... So the planet and the continent were named the same? He was not in a position to judge, therefore came no comment regarding it. "And of what time and origin does this world hail?" he further asked. "Are there gods and devils? Sorcerers and nobles?" Was this Portal Breach anything at all like his past world? It was a shame that he could not remember much, although he was going to try his utmost best. Asking questions in hopes of jolting his memory was a decent start, but maybe he was troubling this young maiden with all of his queries. The Leopard Man considered another approach.

"Forgive me for troubling you," he apologized. "I do not mean to intimidate you into answering, and I am aware that my... face is not natural." In truth he did not know why he looked like this. Would she know anything? "Yes, I can be more specific. I am looking for people that belong from my world; they do not have the head of a leopard." In case the woman thought to ask. Picking up his gaze and studying his surroundings once more, the man came to a solid conclusion. "But I am beginning to doubt that I will see someone from there, as this world is... far beyond my own comprehension and time." His world was a simpler one; magic and swords were more familiar than metal horses and strange signs. What if he was the only one from his world here? What if the secret of his face remained buried with it and he would never find the answer? This realization was unsettling, but he did not openly express his concerns.

He did ease up, however. "I can worry about the fate of my world another time, when I am not before company. May I have the honor of knowing your name?" the Leopard Man asked. This was a start, but to where... he knew not.

I will just have to wait and see what destiny has in store...
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:28 pm

"And of what time and origin does this world hail? Are there gods and devils? Sorcerers and nobles?"

These questions were a bit easier, well, except for that "noble" part. The year is two-thousand and thirteen, we're odd though. Everywhere is an odd mix up of futuristic, modern, and old design. One minute you could see a spaceship, the next you could see a world war two style tank, or even an old stone castle. Portal Breach was very much like it's citizens, an odd mash-up of many different time lines and cultures.

Devils and nobles though? There are some demons, but most of them you can get along with. We guess there are also a few nobles, or there use to be anyways, the few that were around and had large kingdoms aren't really seen anymore. Or they've stepped down from their titles. Sonia tried to think of the last time that she had seen Dr. Doom, or Queen lilith, and did Zurg even count anymore? From what she had heard he was retired from being an evil emperor. As for herself, she was a self made queen, she had no claims to lands, only to soldiers. She very much doubted that that counted as nobility.

You are not troubling us..and your face is not as strange as you may think. The people of portal breach are all very different. An image of Prixelzub and then Zurg came to her mind. Oh. She said in response, it seemed that the stranger had already come to terms with the unlikely hood of being reunited with his friends. That was...sad.

The chances are slim, but you never know. There have been cases where several people from the same world arrive on Portal Breach, but months apart.

"I can worry about the fate of my world another time, when I am not before company. May I have the honor of knowing your name?"

My name is Sonia, she made sure to refer to only herself this time as the horde had names of their own. What is yours?

Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:19 pm

2013...? He had never heard of such a year before. And demons that you could befriend? The man had to quietly chuckle upon hearing such a thing, mouth slightly agape. "It appears that this world is quite fantastic indeed," he spoke. Portal Breach... A world where everything was possible and the forbidden could be obtained. Maybe there was some hope yet. And it was good to hear that his unusual face would not upset the general public. "Yes, I have seen how colorful the people here are. It may not be so hard as I thought to blend in." Although the way his mouth did not move consistently with his words could be seen as... weird. A consequence of this curse, perhaps. The Leopard Man, with amber eyes aglow in the afternoon sunlight, no longer felt himself an outcast based on appearances alone. He will just simply have to find some decent clothes.

Now, the maiden's name. "Sonia," he repeated, as if to understand. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Sonia. My name is..." But here he stopped, ears twitching. What was his name...? For a moment the Leopard Man could only stare, mind elsewhere. It was a cat's gaze; one where they focused off into nothingness. "My name is..." Why couldn't he remember? G... G... Surely he owned a name. The Leopard Man had no other belongings besides his sword and sparse strapping, so what of his name?

"I cannot... remember," he finally confessed, sounding troubled. "I cannot remember many things as of late." Such as who he was, why this leopard mask, and what his own world was like beyond the bare wisps he held onto. Could anyone on Portal Breach help, this world of possibilities?

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:36 am