Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Decisions, Decisions...

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:21 pm

Time: 7:30 PM
    Date: October 30, 2012

Hallow's eve, Devil's night, Hell's night... A few titles the demon had heard during his errands about the more populated parts of the breach. His great footfalls, now muffled more often than their usual thundering, steadily carried the demon back to the mountains, ducking his head as he entered through the cavern entrance. However, unlike previous times, the demon began retaining his cloaked form further and further into the cave over the past few days. Prixlezub was no fool, many shops in the city had their screens tuned in to the news, reliable and informative with the anchors' beaming grins. Though lately they seemed to be turned downward, as he caught a rather interesting broadcast on the way back from his business with a certain mechanic.

It looked like both Roxanne and Megamind had turned to the masses for aid in retrieving their companion. A foolhardy tactic, the prince decided, as not only was it unprofessional, it gave the demon a few resources to work off of. Dear Miss Ritchi, placing your phone number onscreen for all to see? The work of an amateur. However, it did not downplay the fact the two were searching for Minion, despite the backwards way they were doing it. Sooner or later, they would bring the help of others into this, but their accomplishment was factored by one rather large player, and he played for keeps.

Prixlezub's form faded into view as he neared the entrance to a familiar geode, his cloaking dissipating to reveal the fiery glow of his mane, along with a dark parcel carried gently in his maw. Though, there was something else dancing and flickering as the prince drew nearer, a plume of smoke curling from his grill in amusement as he figured who the culprit was, especially when it suddenly grew still as the light from his mane illuminated the caves farther ahead. No doubt Minion decided to have some entertainment while his captor was away. As the demon emerged fully into the cavern hideaway, he turned to look at his captive, giving him a small nod in greeting as he approached the fish. The air of the geode still smelled strongly of the preparation of dinner, despite such meals being cooked and served over an hour ago. Settling on his belly a few feet away from Minion, Prixlezub lowered his head to deposit a large, obsidian box before the paralyzed feet of the robotic suit.

"Greetings, Minion." The prince rumbled pleasantly. "I see you are putting the construct to good use. While I was out, I decided to bring back something for you." He nodded to the box before him, which shimmered in the light of the fiery construct. Whatever was in it, it looked heavy.

The demon's gaze turned to the fish, pondering for a moment. It was surprising to think the two of them had been living down here for nearly eleven days, by now the demon would have expected a rescue attempt by his captive's former masters, or even a decision from them as to where their Minion had went. Instead? Mere searching attempts and tear-filled broadcasts. And here? Discussions, thoughts, conversation, and counseling. All of which were much more effective than what the inventor and his wife had done so far. Though, the demon was curious, given a few of their previous conversations. Minion was given plenty of time to think, hours to himself while the demon was away on hunts or errands...

Perhaps some of those thoughts cycled back around to what the demon suggested a few days back.

Minion wrote:"I don't want to be a nannyfish anymore... Maybe you're right...b-but I don't think I could kill him...either of them. They look just like them..."

Vengeance, payback, did Minion truly have the heart to seek such ventures against Megamind and Roxanne? The only way to find out was to ask, after all.

"This place leaves plenty of time to thought and reflection, doesn't it. I remember when I was younger, I sought personal solace and insight in caves like these back home, before I was brought here. Especially those regarding rather... Stressful decisions." Prixlezub reminisced, glancing upwards at the glowing worms which dotted the ceiling of the large cavern. No matter the time of day, it was always night here. "Have you come to a conclusion of what you wish to do about the inventor, or are you still thinking?" He asked, gaze turning back to the fish as he curled his tail around his crimson side.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Re: Decisions, Decisions...

Post by Minion on Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:31 pm

It'd been 6 days since his talk with Prixlezub. Prixlezub still came to the cave, but he hadn't brought it up again yet, which meant he had a lot of time to think about what they'd talked of. As much as he didn't want to...he felt so conflicted.

6 days ago wrote:"They've changed, haven't they? They...T-they aren't...my Sir and Roxanne."

Was that the truth after all? Was that the true cause of their strange memory loss? The odd behavior? Were they people pretending to be a couple he cared about so they'd have a butler and a nanny, no responsibilities? Or had the people he cared about changed in a natural way, leaving him unchanged and looking at what had become of them, and wondering what had happened. Either way, it was obvious to him that things had changed.

He watched the construct do its dance, even after 6 days he was still pretty entranced with its moves, even as his mind was heavy with thoughts. Even more, more days had passed with still no word from Megamind. Being in a cave, Minion had no access to a television, so Roxanne's heartfelt report had not been seen by him. His robotic body was still useless and still, but he did not mind. He knew it would take a while for Prixlezub to do what he promised, and he was willing to wait. He wasn't really anxious about leaving this cave anymore. He was getting used to it, getting used to the company of Prixlezub and the construct. And speaking of the great, fiery demon, there he was now! In his jaws were what seemed to be a box. Was it his arms?

"Greetings Mr. Prixlezub!" He greeted back with a smile. His eyes looked back at the large box. Hmm...seemed a bit too huge to be robotic arms. Unless for some reason he had made gigantic arms, which would be very hard for him to use. "I'm very curious to see what you have brought!" His fins waved about in an enthusiastic way. Was it food? Was it an entire robot suit? He couldn't wait to see!

He looked back at the fiery, multiple eyes of the demon as he spoke, nodding in agreement. "Yes, the silence here is very good at making for a calm environment to think in...although the centipede makes it a bit more stressful." Hearing about Prixlezub taking counsel in a cave was very interesting, although the mention of 'stressful decisions' made him think the demon had more in mind then simple reminiscing.

He stared at the demon before lowering his eyes. "Not yet I haven't, no..." What if he was wrong, and this Megamind was his Megamind? What if he hurt his oldest and dearest friend? And...what if he was right? What should he do to properly punish that phony for using him like a tool? He didn't know...he never was one for revenge. "If I may...if it were you, what would you do if you were in my position?"
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Ah yes, quite eager to see what mysteries the demon's gift withheld, Minion never failed in his curiosity. The demon gave a rumbling chuckle as he wrapped his claws around the lid, slowly pulling it back. Sadly, the demon would not return with Minion's arms, or any other limbs, for a few more days. And he certainly was not going to stop by and pester the mechanic while she was working. A chance to slip up in his own careful ways, and a means of slowing production that would turn out to be. "I am afraid your suit will take a while longer, the mechanic made it clear they would need a while in order to put together what I wished. However, in the meantime I have brought you a few luxuries to help ease the passing of time here until then. I think you will like them." Prixlezub stated casually, the lid pulled back all the way to reveal what treasures the prince brought back.

At once, a small construct of obsidian no larger than a child, hopped out of the box. It's shimmering, stony hide rustled and shifted with its movements, as the pointed, cunning face looked about its surroundings. Stony hooves clacked on the cave floor, while equally glossed fingers tapped together, arms holding them close to it's carved chest. After a moment of inspecting the area, the construct hopped back into the box, a few things audibly rustling and jostling within, sounding much like... Paper, cardboard, and even a bit of thin plastic at times. Then, as soon as it retreated, it bounded out once more, the single flickering white eye on its head roving over a pile of various gifts.

Books were the most noticeable, their spines showing off various subjects; travel, cooking, mechanics, sciences and even a few fictional story books to pass the time when Minion grew tired of thinking on the subject of his former masters. The construct set down the books upon the lap of Minion's suit, before launching itself back into the obsidian box once more. Though when it returned this time, it brought gifts of a more savory variety. In the construct's sure grip, was a thin, cardboard box, with the title Portal Kreme printed across it in bright, bold letters.

It was not hard to figure what those could be, as in the center was a cellophane covered window, revealing a teasing image of what looked to be a good dozen doughnuts within. Some were frosted, plain, sprinkled, powdered, glazed, even filled with jellies and cremes! The construct set these on Minion's lap as well, making a small spot for itself as it settled beneath the suit's chest, long arms folded over its own lap.

"I decided you deserved some gifts for being such an amiable captive. The construct I made so you may enjoy your treats and books without requiring my aid, all you need to command it is to tell it what you want, whether it be one of the doughnut cakes, or a simple turn of a page in a book." Prixlezub explained, moving the obsidian box away with a push of his claw.

Good, the caverns were secure for the demon's captive, a calm place, a quiet place... And apparently a stressful place due to that one encounter with the cave centipede. The demon gave a small shake of his head, smoke pluming lightly from his grill. "There is no reason to worry about the centipedes in the other cavern, I assure you. From the way they acted towards my presence, they will not dare intrude where I frequent. Even if one decides to scout this cave, the fire construct is quite willing to try its hand at cooking their meat." Prixlezub reassured calmly. "You will not be left alone in a dangerous environment, not while I am taking care of you."

Remember, a dead hostage is a useless hostage. Though, for the long while that Prixlezub had been keeping Minion, was it really a matter of keeping a simple hostage?

The topic turned back to the demon prince, his attention piqued as the fish inquired something most interesting. Indeed, what would the demon have done if he were in the same position as Minion, finding that his previous allies were fake and merely using him for their own gain? Prixlezub grew silent, thinking over the question thoroughly, plotting out his own plan of action against such a heinous crime. Though, the ex-maid to Megamind may find the answer not entirely to his liking.

"Hmm, if I were in your position Minion, I would get even with them. Those impostors took away your family, your true meaning as a friend and brother to your Sir. If someone ever had such insolence as to try such an action with me, their existence would be cut short, and painfully. Although here... existence is never so short and finite to gain full satisfaction in their deaths. A more effective matter would be to ruin them. Sabotage their home, the inventor's creations, perhaps even break the relationship he has with the reporter to mere dust. Destroy what they love in order to destroy them. Once they have nothing left to return to or find solace in, I would have my victory." Prixlezub rumbled thoughtfully. There was nothing more satisfying than to see an enemy on their knees, surrounded by the rubble of what they once had, shamed, wishing for an end to their existence that would never come.

How was that for your answer, Minion?

Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:00 am

Prixlezub chuckled, and his claws made as if to open the box, brown eyes trained on it eagerly. However, the mystery of the box would have to last at least a little bit longer. At least in its stead, he received news on the status of the suit. Building the suit was going to take a while, but the knowledge that a mechanic was going to be building it instead of Prixlezub made him feel at ease. Not to insinuate that Prixlezub would try to kill him or hurt him like that, but the demon had admitted to not being very technology savvy. "That's fine, Mr. Prixlezub, I can wait a while!" Maybe in the meantime, it would give him more time to come to a decision...and oh? A few luxuries? As in more than one? The box was finally opened and his eyes watched eagerly, waiting, watching, and seeing...

Oh, a new construct! Black as the box, the smaller construct was actually very cute! In an unorthodox way, but what was Minion to know about what was cute and what wasn't? He was a space fish. It seemed to observe the area before going back into the box, the sounds of whatever else was in there drawing a confused look from the fish. The construct hopped back out, and in its arms were books, just as the demon promised! Books of many kind too, so many subjects! Minion was not very picky about what he liked to read, but the varied subjects seemed to prove that the time would pass by quickly for him as he read these. The books were set on the lap of his suit and he swam as close to the edge of his tank as he could to maintain his look on them, identifying what he would come to read while he was here. Although then again, he wondered on how he would turn the pages...

He only noticed the doughnuts when they were set upon the books, but he was definitely no less appreciative. His eyes widened as he looked over the sweet morsels. Just like the books, the doughnuts were varied in flavors and kinds. It seems Prixlezub had gotten such varied objects because he did not know Minion's tastes for sure, but he definitely did not mind. It was better then to be handed something and told to enjoy it, or else. As he looked over his gifts, he felt a bit...overwhelmed. For a kidnapper, Prixlezub was very generous to his hostage. Numerous books, doughnuts, cooking steak for him, getting a new suit made for him, and even offering advice to him. The demon had even thought ahead to how he would turn the pages or eat his treats when Prixlezub was gone, as that was the duty of this new construct.

"Thank you, Mr. Prixlezub! I am humbled by your gifts." In his best impression of a bow, the fish tilted his body forward to the demon. The fish listened attentively as Prixlezub quashed his worries about those centipedes they had encountered. Indeed, between Prixlezub and the now two constructs, Minion was definitely safe in this place, and he nodded to show he understood. "Of course, you're right. I feel safer already." Mostly safe at least. He'd feel completely secure once he was in a mobile and workable suit. Prixlezub's choice of words made Minion quite curious though. It sounded to him, that he was not just considered some hostage. And indeed, this treatment was a lot more civil and leisurely then the last time he'd been kidnapped, although then too, Minion had been left relatively untouched. In fact, not once had Prixlezub ever hurt him. Not even in battle, such as when he had tried to provide a distraction in the guise of Megamind.

Before he asked any questions he was curious about, he allowed the demon to speak, uninterrupted, as he answered Minion's first question. The answer was not entirely unexpected. Minion had figured Prixlezub would have wanted to destroy them if their positions had been switched, although he thought he'd meant physically. But no, he meant emotionally, mentally. He would have wanted to break them. Completely. He thought over what such a victory would be like for him, but no matter how he imagined it, it just seemed to be a bit too bitter for his tastes.

"Thank you for your answer, Mr. Prixlezub...it is definitely an interesting one. I don't think I have it in my to do that though." He sighed, lowering a bit inside his tank. "I...I would just rather avoid him forever, never look at him or for him, and pretend the last year and a half never happened! But...as you said before, he...probably won't let me just leave." What to do, what to do? Although soon, an idea came to mind. "Maybe...maybe I can help you in whatever you plan to do when you confront him. IF you want to confront him that is..." Which lead to another question. If Minion was a hostage that wasn't keen on going back to the one's he'd been kidnapped from... "By the way, what plans do you have in store for both myself and him? After all, when you first found me and took me, you probably had a normal 'kidnap and gain a ransom' idea, but things have...obviously taken a turn." He and Megamind might have been friendly with Roxanne and never hurt her, but they'd never given her small gifts and treats like this. His eyes met the demon's as he waited to hear his answers. He had become something of a respected colleague in his time here.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:49 am

Such a gracious captive, the demon nodded in return to Minion's thanks. "You are quite welcome. I tried to give you a variety so you will not grow tired of having the same thing for days on end." He rumbled. When there was not much stimulation around besides your thoughts and the construct, undoubtedly things were going to get boring after a while.

Minion's interest turned back to the demon's prior advice, listening to the fish's apprehension over the suggested tactics. Indeed, not many had the will to seek such absolute revenge, as Minion demonstrated with an utmost desire to simply leave and forget them. But it was not so easy, was it? No, not when your nightmare of a false relationship chased and nipped at the fish's robotic heels determinedly. Though, the prince's expression turned thoughtful when his captive suggested that he help in whatever scheme the prince had towards the inventor. Perhaps he could not absolutely ruin them, but maybe he could do something else that is just as devastating...

"I will still confront Megamind, even before I learned of your plight that was my plan. However, I will allow some assistance if you are willing to help in my plans. I assure you there will not be any murderous intent on your part, but more something along the lines of the mischievous." Prixlezub said thoughtfully, smoke pluming from his grill as he glanced down at the book on mechanics. "Hmm, how would you feel about acting the part of saboteur? If our previous encounters have proven anything, it is the inventor's favored tactic usually involves robotics of some kind."

Hephaforgeus 2.0, Firebots, Brain bots, giant robotic suits. Minion's previous master had a definite pattern so forcefully kept it could be his calling card.

"You would have better access to the lair than I, and if you are found they would more than likely welcome you with open arms than with hostility. If, and only if you are serious in your wishes to help, I will give you one task to complete, and the rest will be left to me." He stated, tapping a claw to the floor to reinforce his point. Infiltration and sabotage were not simple matters that could be turned back on with a flick of a fin. But after the deed is done? Nothing but the sweetness of absolute victory against an adversary of the lowest kind.

As for Minion's inquiry regarding the demon's plans for him, Prixlezub paused for a moment. Of course, it was inevitable that his captive would grow curious about the prolonged stay, the generosity, and personal council. Minion was a smart alien, and who was the demon prince to not respect such intelligence? "You wish to know my plans? Very well, I have asked you enough questions about yourself, it is time you know of my dealings as well." Perhaps some insight would better help his captive. "During my stay here, the rivalry I had between myself and Megamind was admittedly one of the more interesting. The fights were well planned, complex, and gave a welcome challenge. After our final fight, I noticed that instead of carrying on with his vigilantism, the inventor seemed to grow... Stagnant. Even you said that there was not as much inventing going on, and when there was, you were left out of it in favor of those two new employees he accepted under his wing." Prixlezub rumbled calmly, as if reciting a story.

"I had thought, perhaps if I gave him a little push, that interesting rivalry could perhaps spark again and flourish. That is why I had taken you initially. To hear what he has become now... All I see now is a mere mockery of the inventor that I used to fight." The demon finished, rolling his shoulders as he folded his talons under his chest.

How was that for your answer, Minion?
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:22 pm

Ah, another reason for his captor to bring him a variety of things, to keep him from growing tired and restless with what he had. Of course, he was sure he'd only grow tired after perhaps a few months of this. "Thank you for the thought, Mr. Prixlezub." Again, the demon did not have to be so courteous. With Minion as his kidnapee, he'd have to take anything the demon threw at him, if he wanted to live. Instead of taking advantage of that and giving him the bare minimum, the demon was generous. Almost like a host.

And apparently Minion had said the right thing, because it seemed that Prixlezub was considering what he had said. So there would still be a fight between Prixlezub and Megamind then? He had to admit, he was a little surprised. All this time, and not a sign of Prixlezub, and now suddenly he wanted to brawl with Megamind again. Hearing that any part he'd play wouldn't be murderous, he seemed to relax within his bowl. Murder was a bit much, but mischievous? He could handle that. "A saboteur?" He tilted to the side, pondering. "I could do that...it'll be tough though. Sir-Er...the Impostor has all of his inventions and weapons booby-trapped. They require a code in order to be taken apart, or else they will self-destruct. As long as I don't take anything apart, it should be easy, and if I do take it apart...the weapon destroying itself might actually be good sabotage." He jut his lip out a bit, thinking and pondering. This was the first brainstorming session he had had in months!

Prixlezub was quite correct and smart to pick up on such a pattern, although it was also somewhat obvious. Yes, even against Metro Man, Megamind usually fought by designing and creating a robot to fight him. After all, Megamind wouldn't fight him himself. He tilted a bit to the side, a curious look at his captor. "Do you plan to set me free then, and go to the lair? Sabotage what I can find there and pretend to have made mistakes?" If that was his plan, it was one he seemed to make with a fair amount of trust put into the fish. After all, Minion could easily waltz into the lair and just stay there, ignoring the plan at hand. Of course, after everything they'd talked about...after what he had realized...what he'd learned...no, he couldn't just sit in the lair, all happy and hunky dory, back to being a Nannyfish for people who aren't the people he knew.

He would go along with this plan. He would do the one duty to which he was assigned by the demon. That impostor won't know what hit him. Before he could fully accept though, he had to know. "What is this one duty?" Whatever it was though, it was clear from the determination in his eyes that he was set on this. He was going to do this, and become his own fish. Pay Prixlezub back too, for his time and his troubles.

He paid attention as again, Prixlezub spoke. He answered his questions quite politely and graciously when he could easily ignore them. As the demon spoke, Minion was surprised at just how...disappointed the demon sounded. He had to agree, as frightening and stressful as those fights against him had been, he'd felt quite alive and in his element when he had been helping Megamind to do battle with the demon. Helping to build battle robots. Helping to strategize and brainstorm. Helping him feel better when Roxanne was kidnapped...and in a different way then it was now, where he felt more and more like some Nannyfish, like that was all he was to Megamind now. And so the reason Minion had been taken in the first place was in the hopes of reigniting the rivalry from the past. As Prixlezub said though, the inventor wasn't the same. He had either changed, or been replaced. Neither one sit well with Minion. It seems they didn't sit well with Prixlezub either.

"I understand what you're saying...it really is a shame to see how far he has fallen." He sighed briefly, before looking back up at the demon. "So your rivalry with him is definitely forfeit. Take it from me...this man is not the same one who fought with you before. Whatever rivalry you'll get from him...it won't be the same." Prixlezub knew this. And so left a question. "If he won't be your rival, what will he be then? What will you do?" The demon had said before that his revenge involved destroying everything...was that his plan now? To destroy this mockery?
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:36 pm

The fish's further graciousness was returned with a polite nod of the demon's head, though other thoughts were already turning once Minion began pondering over his role as saboteur. Indeed, it would be a tough job for the fish, given what was being said already. booby traps, codes, self destruct sequences... It all sounded quite interesting, if not risky towards their endeavors. One wrong slip and Minion, along with the inventor and his base could be blown right out of the water. Indeed, blown right out of the water... As tempting as that thought was, however, the prince moved on to another tactic. While sabotage gone wrong could prove to have some interesting effects, it was detrimental to what the prince truly wished to achieve.

The demon pondered a moment longer before adding to Minion's idea. "An effective idea, but it requires a little more finesse. I want him to still have confidence in his machination until it actually needs to come into play. Instead of taking apart his creations by hand, why not have something do that for you instead, without the risk of explosions. Perhaps a simple device triggered by impulse from Megamind's own commands." Wouldn't that be sweet, the inventor being the downfall to his own creations. "They could be placed on fuel lines, main areas of operation. Although for proper installment, those codes will need some tweaking..."

The demon's eyes glanced over Minion's suit, out of commission doomed to decay without the proper assistance. "Hmm..." Prixlezub rumbled, a wicked idea coming to mind. "If you do not know the codes in order to assist Megamind, perhaps he can be persuaded to make a new set, allowing you access. I will indeed release you to find him, and when you do, I have a little story for you to tell him. Make him believe I kidnapped you for your suit, to learn about his technology, and that I managed to figure out his code in the process. By then, you will be outfitted with a new suit, and therein lies your alibi for escape. The suit could be an accidental tactic on my part, believing that it was offline and unable to be accessed by your link." The demon mused, a plume of smoke curling from his grill. "That will be your duty, make them believe that you escaped home on your own. It should not be hard to lure the inventor out once he learns I violated one of his prized creations. And once you are done sabotaging their efforts..."

Prixlezub's gaze was cast down to the construct upon Minion's lap, pondering the stone being for a few moments before continuing. "Once you are done, I will have prepared a means for your escape. I will use your current suit to craft an impostor of you, and confuse them as to which one is really you. During that time, you will need to act your way out of their hold, persuade them you are actually an impostor." The prince finished.

Though, it seemed Minion had a few more inquiries that needed to be answered, this time over why the demon wished to pursue this endeavor, despite the obvious signs that his rival was not what he used to be. Indeed, what point was there in instigating a fight when all that the demon would find is a meager shell of of the blue alien he once fought? Prixlezub's gaze looked past the fish, illuminating the wall behind him in orange as he mulled the question over. For a few minutes, the only sound that echoed about the cavern was the distant howl of the wind outside as it swept past the caves, before the prince finally replied. "Indeed, it would not be the same as before, and I do not expect it to. Instead, I expect the shadow of your Sir to emerge for one last time, before he is rightfully given his discharge. Consider it a merciful execution from his...Pitiful spiral, and it would spare you the irritation of their incessant stalking in the process." The demon rumbled, his gaze cast back to the space fish before him. While the reporter was a mess herself from what the demon had last seen, she was not of his concern. The only satisfaction that could be brought from tracking down and killing her would be the knowledge the airwaves would be clear of her face for a short while.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 am

Once Prixlezub began to speak, it was like his words were blocks, each sentence fitting with the other to create something strong and concrete. His head almost felt like spinning as he listened, but listen he did, and with great interest. "For instance, if he brings a robot in, you want me to do something so it will slowly start to break down and stop working?" He tilted to the side. "I think I could do that!" So long as he created the piece for sabotage here. Once back at the lair, he could easily convince Megamind to help him put the finishing touches on his robot, which was when he could slip it in.

Ah yes, a story he would need, and a darn good one at that! He had disappeared for...how long had it been altogether again? Either way, he hadn't been home in a way with no word to the two at all. Whether he really cared or not, he would have noticed. And Minion couldn't exactly walk in and just tell him 'Oh hello Sir, I was just down in the laundry room for three weeks!'. "What if he asks where you got the suit from in the first place, what should the alibi be for that?" Depending on who this mechanic was, he was sure Prixlezub would rather they not get pointed out as having helped him. Things needed to be kept between him, Prixlezub, and 'Megamind'. The fewer, the better. His duty now fully given, he nodded to show he understood. "Should be easy enough!"

And here was where things got a little more complicated. After the sagotaging efforts, Prixlezub had a gamble planned to get Minion away from the Impostor, and it involved using his suit to make an impostor for himself. An impostor for an impostor, fitting. After showing the thing to Megamind, his duty would be to make him think he was the impostor, and get away from him while he would no doubt try to grab the impostor. "And what will happen from there? We both just leave while he has a fake version of me?"

Prixlezub soon went quiet, staring beyond himself as he thought over Minion's inquiries. His own gaze shifted to the construct on the lap of his suit. Looking at it, curled up on him like that, he wanted to pet it or maybe scratch its chin, although with no function in his arms, he obviously couldn't. His eyes moved up as Prixlezub spoke once more. It seems he still hoped for some shred, some little piece of that old rivalry to still be alive in the Impostor, to resurrect it at least one more time before striking down what he had become. He swallowed a bit, eyes darting down nervously at the idea. It would take him a while to get used to the idea of him just...being gone. Especially with his own assistance. Remember Minion, its not him, its not really him.

"I see." His voice was subdued before he looked back up at the demon. "What if he comes back, though? What then?" People did not stay dead here, after all. If he came back, he might want revenge, on both himself and Prixlezub. What then, indeed.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Very insightful inquiries, filling in the gaps, adding details. Indeed, the inventor would be asking plenty of questions when the space fish returned to the impostor of his comrade. There could not be a single gap or looked over tear in their plan, lest it falls to pieces. The demon allowed all of his captive's-- No, associate's, questions roll through his mind. After a few moments of thought, the prince gave a low rumble as he answered. "Sabotage anything that may give him an edge, especially the robots that he may bring in." The demon still remembered the fight with Megamind's Firefighter robots. If the man ever decided he remembered Prixlezub's weaknesses... It was better to prevent than to wait until there was no more room for effort. "If Megamind's impostor succeeds in winning this fight, he succeeds in his hunt for you." The demon slowly reminded.

As for the suit, Prixlezub seemed to have an idea on hand. A plume of smoke accompanied his confident reply. "The Tech-Dome is full of old robotics, it would not be surprising if I managed to find a suit augmented to your needs. After all, if he is to believe that I have figured out his code, it makes sense for him to think that I made use of my lessons "dissecting" your original suit." Though, there was still one more strand of thread that was to be woven into this bluffing tapestry. "As for why I placed you in another suit, tell him it was for interrogation means. You can use your imagination as for how I was going to go about such procedures." He added, rolling his wrist.

Sadistic torments, threats, isolation in complete darkness... A myriad of choices were up to you, Minion. But be careful about which ones you picked, they may need to be repeated.

The demon nodded at Minion's offered choice of action, there was no more reason fro the fish to stay around once he was out of the lair. "You may leave, yes. There is no need for you to stay around longer than is needed, unless you wish to witness the battle between the inventor and myself. Once your part of our plan is finished, you may go wherever you wish." The prince stated. Minion undoubtedly would have better things planned for himself once the ordeal was over. He had a real employer to return to, a life to make for himself.

Minion's solemn demeanor about the fight did not go unnoticed, a small plume of smoke rolling from his grill thoughtfully as the fish spoke once more. Indeed, what would happen if the man decided to return. "I am not sure myself as to what happens exactly down in the pool where the souls conglomerate. However, I have noticed that when those have died decide to come back, they change. Arrogance becomes humility, folly turns to a few grains of wisdom... Though, revenge does not seem to be a key objective. Perhaps the inventor will learn to leave you be while he is down there, or perhaps he will return to what he was before his pathetic change." Prixlezub rumbled ponderously. "All I can say is that if he does return, he will be different. That is how it usually is with all who are condemned to death."

Though however long that change would last is yet to be known. Some kept their lessons for life, and others threw them away like a useless trinket within the week.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:42 pm

"I can do that." He asserted with a nod. However, if Megamind decided to bring his brainbots, Minion wasn't sure if he could find it in him to sabotage them. The brainbots were loyal little bots. Perhaps he could convince them to leave the battle field, and if not that, then maybe he could just temporarily deactivate them and bring them back after everything was over. Anything else though, would be easier for him to sabotage. He couldn't help but wince at the Prix's wording. His 'hunt' for him...far from being heartwarming as a duty of a friend, the use of 'hunt' made it sound obsessive. "I will do my best to make sure he doesn't succeed." He wanted to be free. He was not going to be captured again and put back into the kitchen.

He listened and took mental notes as Prixlezub continued. The alibi for the suit was sound, an area full of robotics was near here, why shouldn't Prixlezub find something big enough for him to be put in? As well, if Prixlezub had taken the suit for his own purposes, perhaps he had had time to study it and add onto the suit to make it suit his needs. "You're very good at this!" He complimented quickly before Prixlezub continued. An excuse for him having made him a suit in the first place, for him to be interrogated in. He left it up to him to decide what methods the demon had used to interrogate him, and he would surely ponder that in time. "Also, it's awful hard for you to study a robotic suit with a fish right there in the middle of it. Moving me into another one would allow you to have all the access you want and need."

When Prixlezub spoke again, Minion had to admit that he was quite relieved that he was willing to let him be on his way and leave after he had succeeded in faking the part of an impostor. He could just leave, and never look back...however, he found himself thinking, and wondering. He would want to see how the fight ended. What if 'Megamind' won and tried to follow him? not that he doubted Prixlezub's abilities, but it was something to keep in mind. "Now that I think about it, I might stick around...long enough to see who wins..." The fish's mouth turned upward in a slight smirk. "And to give you your congratulations." Afterwards, the fish would bid the demon farewell and good luck in his future endeavors, and he would make a life for himself, looking for his real friends in the meantime.

Minion had yet to die, and had never been to the Pool of Souls, only having heard what people said, and for some reason, what people said sounded something like a legend. A beaked figure and a dragon, Shepards of the lost souls of Portal Breach. The Pool was a place of change, as Prixlezub had said. His death might convince him to leave the fish alone, or he may somehow become who he was before. He could even stay down there. One thing was for sure though, and it was that what happened after today would change the impostor. For worse, for better, they'd cross that bridge when they came to it. "I'm hoping on him leaving me alone. He could find a new Nannyfish. There's plenty of fish in the pet stores, and even out in the oceans. This is one fish who will be swimming free." His voice was cold, if only briefly, and he glanced down at the small construct still in his lap. He was in the mood now, for a doughnut...

"Little Construct, I would like a doughnut, please. The kind doesn't matter." Might as well give this thing a test run, yes?
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:52 pm

Good, Minion seemed confident in his duty, even if the brainbots seemed to be a challenge on their own to work with. And even if they did manage to star in the fray as well? The demon's strength would surely make short work of their numbers. Prixlezub remembered fighting them last time, they could be intimidated just like their creator. The demon gave an approving nod at Minion's statement, there was no need for collateral, no pact to ensure that his associate would indeed get the job done. The fish's goal was already there, and he could see how he yearned for it. "Good, I shall bring the proper materials once your suit is finished." Came the prince's appeased rumble.

A rather nice compliment! The demon could not help but tip his head in a polite graciousness. "Thank you, it comes with my rank." Not to mention time, and plenty of practice. The demon's claws settled over themselves on the cave floor, as he listened to Minion's further insight into the plan. Indeed, it could prove to be meddlesome to work on a suit while the unwilling captive is still inside, not to mention press a danger upon him if something were to go horribly wrong. Prixlezub gave a thoughtful hum, a brow quirking in amusement at the fish's words. "You are quite good at this yourself. Perhaps I should have found you sooner." He replied with a warm chuckle.

When the topic turned back around to the fight, the demon's expression turned more thoughtful. Minion certainly was familiar with the prince's fighting, though to hear that he may actually stay and watch the fight... A plume of smoke trailed from his grill as he spoke once more. "I certainly am not against it, as long as you have the stomach to witness it. If you do decide to stay and watch, perhaps you should invest in some cloaking technology, just in case the inventor decides to see double." Prixlezub suggested. There was no such thing as being too careful when dealing with an adversary like Megamind. He knew from experience with the previous version the inventor had... Ways, for lack of a better term.

"Indeed you will be, and perhaps the inventor will realize your plans as well once this is over." The demon rumbled. The demon prince got to his feet, moving himself behind Minion and loosely curling his body around the space fish's radius. First his claws laid out and curled gently around the edge of his associate's feet, allowing them space and reprieve from the demon's intense heat, before his neck reclined back, giving Prixlezub his loaf-like appearance as he settled more comfortably. Now that the plotting between demon and fish seemed to have come to an agreement, the prince found it fitting to relax for the rest of the evening, looking very much like a fiery sentinel as he glanced over the construct that began to stir at Minion's command.

The construct's black claws gently picked up the box of donuts, flipping open the lid to release a fresh, sweet aroma of newly baked donuts. Though, by now they had cooled with transport and the time taken between the two creatures to plan. It tilted its head, claw moving ponderously over a few of the confections, before gently picking up a rather plump, creme filled one. Placing the box down, it stood up and lifted the tank lid with the tip of its other claw, the treat deposited into Minion's tank with a small plop!
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 am

Minion returned the demon's nod with a nod of his own, smiling a bit. "I can't wait to see this suit...and get to work. I've missed being able to move more than my fins!" He'd gotten so used to using the suit that to be just himself, in a tank, felt so odd. A weird feeling, to feel unfamiliar in one's skin. Once he had his arms, he would used the books to get used to them again, and he'd babystep his way til he could invent and create things again. If Minion had to guess how long he'd been here, he'd a few weeks. Not enough for him to forget how to move a robotic suit, just long enough to get a little rusty.

"You are welcome, Mr. Prixlezub." Minion racked his brain to try and remember what Prixlezub's rank was. Whatever it was, it must have been very high up. He would have asked, except he had already asked the demon a lot of questions today. Perhaps it was time now, for some peace and quiet, for both himself and the demon. They had done a lot of brainstorming today after all! He chuckled in turn with the demon, flattered despite their present topic. "You are too kind! I'm simply following your lead, Mr. Prixlezub. But perhaps it would have been better for the both of us if you had found me sooner. But now is quite fine." Indeed, quite fine.

His own gaze turned thoughtful when the demon pointed out that he'd need the stomach to bear witness to the fight. Could he watch? Could he really? His expression seemed to get a bit greener. "I will try my best...I don't have to watch it completely, just long enough to know who's won." Yes, a cloaking device would be wise, especially if Megamind won, or if during his lost, he were to call out to Minion for help. The idea made him force an uneasy gulp down. No, this has to be done. In the memory of the man he knew. "Good idea...very good idea. Thank you." He would have to make a list.

"Perhaps he will..." It was certainly what he was hoping for. He could do his own thing. Heck, when was the last time he'd seen Proxy and Jo? That cruise? He should really catch up with them, and Evil Emperor Zurg, see how they were doing. "Its what I hope for at least." He watched the demon's leisurely new pose as he laid down behind him, and Minion basked in the comfortable warmth. Things were quite silent now, but he did not mind. They had spoken, and they had brainstormed. Now was quiet. Quiet, and a doughnut!

He watched with eager eyes as the little construct opened the doughnut box, air filling with the delicious smells of pastry and jellies. The construct's claws hover over the doughnuts, almost as if it were trying to decide what to pluck from the box, and he watched eagerly, mentally urging it to the left or the right, to pick up that tasty creme filled one or that jelly one, although he really did have no preference. Finally, the construct grabbed a creme filled one, and it seemed as if, if the construct applied more pressure to the pastry, the creme would ooze out and to the floor. The pupils of his eyes seemed to get bigger as the construct came closer, and finally dropped the doughnut into his tank. Minion did his best to catch it as soon as it hit the water, lest it become too soggy to be delicious, and he bit down, savoring the creme. "Mmm!" He relished the smooth filling before moving his jaws and teeth to chew and tear apart the doughnut, sounding pleased although his little feast.

Finally, the doughnut had been eaten, and the fish settled to the bottom of his tank, quite pleased and content. "That was a good one..." He closed his eyes and let the silence envelope him.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:16 pm