Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Somebody home!

Post by Xiao Xiao on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Time: 7:30 AM
    Date: September 5th, 2012

Somebody bumped her lightly on the side, pushing her and nuzzling into her in attempt to drive her out of dreamland and back into reality.

"Ngwiii," whine Xiao, waving a paw out blindly in the direction her persistent live 'alarm clock' was butting her at. "Five more minutes. Just five more minutes."

But her attacker was having none of it, the squirrel was butted at again, moving the yaojing half an inch away from the warm spot she was curled up on. Xiao whined again, rolling over and shuffling to reclaim the spot, still not opening her eyes and not adding her tail flicking back and forth to ward off the 'alarm clock'. "Go away. Five more minutes."

Another push and she growled angrily and snatched her attacker, paws pressing down on its round body and tail pressing them down, suffocating them amongst her fur. "I said five more minutes! Which part of..." wait round body? "What?" Finally opening her eyes, she hissed at the bright light streaming in through her windows and realising her lovely attacker was an eyebat, currently flailing with its pupil shoved into the squirrel's patchworked quilt.

"Mr. Bat?" Not a specific name for the eyebat. Actually Xiao called all eyebats the same name.

She blearily sat up, allowing the eyebat to flutter up where it ogled her in the air with its emotionless gaze that told her very little of the reason it was waking her up - well it COULD gave emotions but the distinct lack of eyebrows made it difficult to decipher exactly what emotions it's currently feeling.

She scratched her ear with her hind foot, still half asleep until the eyebat bopped her in the head again. "What? Stop it! Yes, I'm waking up! What do yo--"

And memories flooded back to her.

"Eh?"

The squirrel got up and looked around her. Her room. HER room. In the palace. The same human sized bed with its coverings made of a patchwork of whatever scrap of material she found pretty (why settle for one material when you can snuggle in a mixture of them all?), the same tree at the centre of her bedroom dangling strips of pretty ribbons, strings of pretty feathers and with the same bed of pretty rocks she collected around its roots. Her dresser, her mirror, her curtains...her room.

"But....EH?!" In a poof, she was in human form, grabbing the eyebat from the air, shaking it in confusion. "What's happening? What happened? I...but I was...EH?!"

The last thing she remembered was being in the blasted ruins of the space pirate ship she downed. She was looking for Ridley! What happened? Wait, all the gods above! She was looking for RIDLEY?! Had she gone insane? She's terrified of Ri--

There was a squawk and the contents of her dressing table rocked as she all but tackled it, eyebat momentarily freed. Xiao peered at the mirror, squinting and scrutinising her eyes, pulling down her lower lids to check the blood vessels hidden underneath. What is.. But she was infected! She can be here! She'll spread the infection! No no! A big no no. She can't be here at all. Infected Xiao. Bad Xiao. Why was she here? She was on the fallen spaceship. Why couldn't she remember anything between being in the ship and waking up here?

"Nooooo, I'm infected. I'm still infected. Right? I can't be here," wailed Xiao Xiao, eyebat watching her as she looked around her room helplessly. "I contaminated the palace, didn't I? Stupid Xiao. Bad Xiao. Terrible Xiao. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I don't know what happened."

She should leave. She should leave before she could spread the phazon infection further. It was just a dive off her bedroom's balcony. She did it everyday. No biggie. But why wasn't her feet moving forward? Why was she stumbling backwards, until she was curled in a tight sobbing ball underneath her dressing table?

"I should leave," she whined and hiccuped, pressing her nose into her tail.

The eyebat stared at her, eyes as tell-taling in emotions as the eye switches on the walls of the palace. Then it turned and flew out the open balcony doors he came in by.

-----

Damage to Palace after fortress-ing a Space Pirate mothership out of the sky:
    Dining Room - shot through
    Third Hallway - shot through
    'Lord Pretty Hair's tenth favourite balcony' - destroyed
    Some 'rooms with spikes in them' - destroyed - gaping hole where they use to be
    One of Garden's rooms - destroyed
    One tower with 'pretty curtains' shot through, barely holding onto the rest of the palace
    South outer walls - sustained collision impact, holding together but cracks and chunks missing from edges
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Re: Somebody home!

Post by Vaati on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:41 pm

Now that had been one lovely holiday…

Sure, it might have seemed odd for the great and powerful Wind Mage to take his leave for the early part of autumn, but the chance to get away on a nice venture up to the Icelands had been well worth it. It had felt like eons since he had been up there, and it had been nice to be able to prove his own might with spells for keeping warm in addition to the good attire he had made sure to wear. Yes, the sorcerer soon materialized from a powerful gust of wind inside of his own chambers, and as he stood there whilst the wind dissipated, he was still cloaked in the thick fur coat and other cold weather gear that he had worn out on his personal trip. He was a powerful magician, but even so, he knew when to use magic and when to make use of more material objects.

More than anything from that time to himself to the north, Vaati had returned with good spoils in hand… namely a couple of trunks, one full of the mysterious red ice from the Hyrule that existed in his future, and the other full of bottles of the powerful blue fire from the same time period. Both were very intriguing items to the wind mage, and he looked forward to being able to utilize them in the future, both in his palace as well as in future possible plans of his own…

Hm-hm-hm-hm-hm… oh yes… that would all work quite nicely…

As Vaati removed his thick snow attire, he allowed himself a slight sigh… it had been a nice reprieve, but it was certainly good to be back. Even better, he had yet to be pounced by Xiao Xiao. He did appreciate the loyal minion that the squirrel demon had become to him, but sometimes, she could be quite overbearing. Thankfully, appearing in his own domain of the castle seemed to help free him for the moment, and it gave him a good chance to relax before venturing forth into his palace to check on everything.

Whilst Vaati's warping magic was very handy for getting him from one place to another, today, it actually worked against him… as he had not yet seen just all the damage that his Palace of Winds had sustained during the recent Phazon crisis…
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:31 pm

By the time she finished crying and had been reduced to the unseeing stare of miserableness that came about after extravagantly long sobfests, Xiao was no longer curled in a pathetic ball under her dressing table. Instead the lower half of her body was still under it, tail cramped uncomfortably in an awkward angle in the limited space and upper half of her body sprawled on the seat of her dressing table.

She hiccuped and sniffled but otherwise lay unmoving as was traditional BSOD behaviour. There was a pattering of wings and she ignored it, choosing instead to swirl in the guilt that came from infecting the palace with blue poison and for wrecking so many parts of its architecture.

Thank goodness she did not remember all parts after the first post of the Precious thread because it wouldn't be BSOD she'd be facing but full blown black screen of doom with smoke coming out the system fan. Infecting and wrecking the palace, hurting and almost killing her precious Chinese demon friend Wuwu, devouring a mallow bunny (actually, there's surprisingly very little guilt on that part), attacking acquaintances and friends at the mines, ATTEMPTING to attack Kaka and Wheatley then dying in the battle with Ridley. Yes, that called for over a week of crying at the very least.

The pattering of wings came closer and one ear twitched amongst her hair but otherwise she remained in her unmoving state. Then BONK!

"OW!" she squeaked as something smacked her in the head and she gasp and sputtered as she was bombarded by a squadron of eyebats. "Stop it! STOP IT!"

The eyebats retreated from her swats and behind them, two Blue Bubbles gave off their usual raspy laughs; a laugh that she at this depressing moment in time where nothing seems right and everything seems wrong, took it personally as their laughing at her pathetic-ness.

"What are you laughing about? Stop laughing! What are you all doing in my room?! I'm infected. I infected the whole palace. Shoo! I said shoo!"

The eyebats swarmed her again and she shrieked. "What is wrong with you all? I don't know what you want! What do you want?! Stop it! Go away! I'm not Lord Pretty Hair! I don't understand whatever language you use to communicate with him with! Ow! Stop it! SQQQQQIIIII!"

With a poof, she morphed into a squirrel, pouncing out from the squadron of eyebats and started bolting from the room. The eyebats gave chase and somewhere after the fourth left turn, Xiao remembered she was indeed still infected! She can't run around the palace like this! Why was she suddenly being chased? She didn't understand! Were they angry at her for infecting the palace and breaking it? Stop chasing her!

She shimmered a layer of magic around her, the same squirrel ball magic she used when she came back to visit the palace at the start of the Phazon Crisis. Rolling along in her magic ball, the squirrel yowled loudly as more eyebats joined the chase.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU?!"
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Vaati was starting to settle quite well so far now that he had been back for a few minutes, but as the Wind Mage began to get used to the feel of the pace once more, he could tell that something felt… for lack of a better word… off.

Something was… yes, something were most definitely and assuredly… off.

Narrowing his red gaze as he finished making certain that everything was set and put way in his room, Vaati swept his cape behind himself and moved towards his door. As his stride brought him out into the hallway, he glanced down the corridor as he spotted a good number of chasupas racing towards the next large hallway… and in that direction, he was able to pick up the distinct voice of a particular squirrel demon…

What was wrong with all of them indeed… more to the point though, what was wrong with his palace? It seemed fine from here, but… no, this was a mere fraction of the majesty that was the Palace of Winds. If Xiao Xiao was headed this way though, then the Wind Mage knew that with that tone in her voice, it would behoove him to make himself scarce for the moment. He could avoid a pounce and at the same time start his investigation of what had happened to his home in the sky. "Hmph."

With a quick wave of his right hand, Vaati was gone in a swirl of wind, and some moments later, he reappeared in his throne room. No, nothing was amiss here… in fact everything seemed to be in perfect order, just as he had left it.

*FWOOSH!*

The same was true for the first hallway…

*FWOOSH!*

… and the second hallway was perfectly fine too.

*FWOOSH!*

And the exact same… … … … no… the same could NOT be said for the third hallway. Instead of the mighty stone walls and perfect appearance, there was in fact a gigantic gaping hole that had torn clean through the better part of one of its walls. Vaati's eyes widened as he dashed forward, quickly surveying the damage. Had some of Shadow Link's bombs gone off? No… this was not an explosion from within… this destruction had come from an outside force. The third hallway of the Palace of Winds had been shot CLEAN THROUGH. … And following the trail of damage… the same was true of the dining room…

Oh, but that was only the beginning… between his own powerful wind magic and his augmented speed brought on by his increased rage, Vaati made quick work of surveying the rest of the Palace of Winds, inside and out. One of his many balconies? Completely destroyed. One of the spike trap rooms that he reserved for intruders? Blasted to smithereens. One of the outer rooms? Utterly gone. One of the towers? Barely holding itself together from the damage. The south outer walls? Cracked and broken. The Palace itself as a whole? Scarred and blasted through by some outward force… great, powerful blasts… every single one of them deliberate...

Just… WHAT IN HYRULE HAD HAPPENED WHILE HE WAS AWAY?!

Reappearing in the third hallway where he had first discovered the damage, Vaati found that his usually dignified air was started to show more shades of the fury that he felt building up inside of him. He had only been gone for a short while, and he comes home to find his Palace of Winds in partial ruin… … … … and the monsters acting very odd around one of the stronghold's residents… one of his minions…

Then, with a great voice that boomed throughout the entire palace, he called out… "XIAO XIAO!"

You had QUITE a bit of explaining to do…

Last edited by Vaati on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:29 pm

Vaati wrote:"XIAO XIAO!"

"Wha--EEEEEEEK!" shrieked Xiao as the shouting distracted her into looking back and subsequently making her forget her magic ball had picked up speed from her running so that even if she forgot to run, the ball still continued rolling. The ball went bowling into a wall at the end of the corridor with the squirrel ending up confused, dizzy and upside down inside her barrier. "Lord Pretty Hair?"

She rolled onto her stomach, rocking the ball as she did so and nursed her head until thw world stopped spinning. What was happening? That was Lord Pretty hair's voice. Was she imagining things? He was back? Was he really back? She imagined it, right? He sounded angry.

One look at the frozen storm cloud of Eyebats and Wisps answered her confusion. It wasn't her imagination. THEY heard him too. On cue, Xiao looked at them and they turned to look at her.

Oh yes and he sounded angry.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO," yowled Xiao Xiao, tripping over her own limbs in the ball as she tried to push it back to full speed. But her way was barred by a Darknut. Other direction! Gah! Wallmaster! "OH COME ON! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL?! KYAAA!"

The squirrel screamed as it was unceremoniously jostled up by the cloud of Wisps and Eyebats and swept along like a boat on a stormy sea. She couldn't tell which way was up, which wasn't. Every blink of her eyes brought the vision of either an eyeball pressed against the side of her magic ball, a wing or a skull cackling at her. She vaguely detected the cloud of minions halt in their forward flight, Wisps chattered in raspy laughs for two whole seconds before she was tossed and turned in her ball again as they took another direction in one of the hal--

"EEP!" and she was spat out of the minion cloud straight into the anti-gravitational pull of one of Garden's machines. "What are you doing? I don't want to die! Let me go! You can't tamper with Pretty Garden's machines! They're dangerous! They all have labels saying 'No Xiao Xiao Allowed'! DON'T PRESS ANY BUT-- NOOOO, I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!"

"Scanning. Scanning. Scanning. Subject recognised: Hong Mao Xiao Xiao. Tenant. Procedure paused. Interception from memory banks detected. Retrieving data. Data retrieved. Replaying Data: Xiao Xiao, what did we tell you about coming into this room and touching any of our technology? Recording ended. Resuming Scanning Pro--"

"PRETTY GARDEN!" gasped Xiao, now completely still in her ball. What was happening. First Lord Pretty Hair's Voice and now Pretty Garden's voice. They didn't leave her? They're still here? They came back? No, it said memory. The machine thingy was playing something it remembered. Pretty Garden.... left her a message.voice a memory stored voice too? Where are you all? Don't leave Xiao Xiao behind. Take her with you. Xiao Xiao loves you both."[/color]

"Procedure completed. Subject clean and void of contamination."

And the magic ball of softly crying squirrel was surrounded in Eyebats and Wisps again but she didn't care. She was clean. She was uninfected. Pretty Garden's machines said so! Even when Pretty Garden wasn't here, their machines still have their voices in their memory thingies. She wasn't forgotten. She was just left behind. Where are you all? She'll be good! She'll not stalk you as much! She'll be very good and nice and try her very, very, very best not to pounce you two. Just come back. Please come back.

The magic barrier vanished and the squirrel hugged the eyebats that carried her. "I love you. I love you all. I'm clean. I'm not infected by icky blue things. Thank you. Thank you. How did you know? Where are we going? Are we going to the machine with Lord Pretty Hair's voice?"

For the second time of the day, the yaojing was spat out unceremoniously by the group of flying monsters, this time with no magic ball to take most of the fall and she rolled to the ground in an inelegant ball.

The first thing Xiao caught was the sight of a pair of very familiar sandalled feet. Then the scent of the owner of the pair of very familiar feet. Then... "Lord....Lord Vaati..."

She gaped up at the mage, not believing her eyes. He's HERE! He's...

Beady black eyes took in the gaping hole behind him, her mind rewinded back to the loudness and tone of his voice and.....

She bolted.
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Hearing the bellow from their master, the Darknut and many other monsters dwelling within the Palace of Winds converged on Xiao Xiao… they boxed her in before very readily picking her up, carrying her from Garden's machine, each of them doing any combination of putting up with, enjoying, being confused by, or completely unaffected by her hugs before they moved to catch her up again. That was just the first stop on this little trek… the next one… even many of them were a bit apprehensive about.

They carried her onward to the third hallway, very suddenly depositing her forward and watching as she dropped to the floor in a fluffy ball. The monsters backed away slowly, making certain that they were not in the path of ANYTHING… just… just in case… well, they trusted their master. Completely. Perfectly. Absolutely. But considering the nature of this situation… they were all set to prove that they were not just mindless minions. No matter what the Wind Mage had in mind here… they did not want to be in the crosshairs. AT ALL.

As the group of monsters spat Xiao Xiao forward, Vaati simply stared her down, his arms folded and eyes dangerously narrow. His breathing was slow and deliberate as he regarded the demon squirrel, for even though he knew what he was going to say here, he wanted her to be able to take in his full presence and the heavy air about him before he spoke. Would she dare attempt to tackle him here? Probably not. He was honestly expecting one of two things… one, a sudden, blubbering, high-pitched flurry of profuse apologies, or…

*BOLT!*

… or for her to immediately dash away. That was not a surprise at all, and regardless, the Wind Mage was ready.

"Xiao Xiao, come back here RIGHT NOW," boomed Vaati. He shot his left hand forward before he disappeared in a gust of wind, soon reappearing right in front of the squirrel demon before she could get too far. Oh no, she was NOT going to get away that easily, at least not until he had some answers for what had happened to the palace in his absence. Facing Xiao once more, he narrowed his gaze at her again, folding his arms back as he kept watch on her to make sure she did not bolt from him a second time. His voice was calmer now, but there were definitely undertones that conveyed his displeasure at finding his home in the state it was in. "You have some explaining to do… such as just why my palace has been greatly damaged. I was only gone for a little while… What. HAPPENED?"
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:57 am

To think there would come a day where she would run away from Lord Pretty hair instead of towards him. If you had asked her even an hour prior to now if she would do so, Xiao would have laughed incredulously and reply a very confident and firm 'No'. She love the wind mage too much to run away from him. How could she? He's so majestically beautiful and - siiiiigh- his hair is sooooooooo-ooooo-deep breath-oooooooooooo pretty.

But here she was running away, fur standing on end, tail poofed to twice its size and a mixture of extreme guilt and survival instincts running wild through her head. See, whilst she love him bucketloads, she recognised that it's mostly, if not all, one-sided. He might care for her to some foggy extent but, despite how much she try to believe otherwise, he didn't care enough that turning her into a statue and throwing her out the tallest window of the Palace was not a very possible action. She knew all this. She knew it so very well but she choose to pretend and lie to herself that it's not like this. That she was important - even just a tiny, tiny bit.

Lord Mushu, somebody who she loved as well even though their contact was rather limited but she clung to regardless. HE left her. What for? For a lonely job down at the Pool. He left her and everybody that cared for him. They were unimportant. She was unimportant.

And what happened right afterwards? GARDEN left her without a single word. The Lord Pretty Hair did the same, disappeared without notice. What was she to think apart from herself being abandoned? She was unimportant. She was just a lowly squirrel yaojing, unworthy of their attention, whose worshipping they had to endure on a daily basis. She was a squirel. A rodent. A pest.

They left her. They left her. They LEFT her.

But he came back!

Lord Pretty Hair came back! And what had she done? What had she stupidly done? Got infected by blue poison, went of an emotional rampage, screamed, cried and blamed everything on everybody else, accused him of leaving her behind when he did not and wrecked his precious Palace.

She was delighted the mage was back. Beyond delighted. She wanted to glomp him, never let go, cry, tell him all he missed and get pats on her head. But the guilt!

"Idon'tknowIdon'tknowIdon'tknow!" she lied as she ran. There was a gust of wind, her eyes widened and beyond she could stop herself, Xiao ploughed right into Vaati's legs, squeaking and bouncing back, head a-dizzy from effectively headbutting her lord in the knee.

He said something. She should listen but she wasn't. Xiao was just panicking. Her claws scraped the floor as she moved in a flurry to get back on her feet. Aaaaand, she ran back the way she came.

"No! Nononononononono!" squawked Xiao as the other Palace minions moved to cover her escape, penning her in. The squirrel dashed headlong into a cluster of eyebats, hoping their lack of hands would mean she could dig through them with the least resistance. Did it work?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

"Queeep!" yelped the squirrel demon as there was pull on her tail and she was bodily lifted from the eyebat crowd by a wallmaster and floated over to dangle upside down by her tail in front of Vaati. She was blubbering before she was even turned around to face the mage. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It was my fault. It was Xiao Xiao's fault. I'm sorry. I love you. I'm sorry. It's Xiao's fault. Xiao Xiao's fault. I'm sorry."

Oh look, 'Option One:a sudden, blubbering, high-pitched flurry of profuse apologies' was still going to happen. Seems like Xiao was going through the options in descending order after all.
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Vaati's red gaze narrowed as he looked to Xiao Xiao, the squirrel demon still recoiling from where she had run headfirst into his left knee. Taking a deep breath through his nose and exhaling sharply, the Wind Mage's eyebrows suddenly twitched to a slightly more angry expression as she took off once more. Run all you like Xiao Xiao, there was still explaining to be done. He might have valued her as one to work for him, but even so, he was not above dealing swift punishment when it was warranted.

He was furious that his palace had been damaged in his absence, but far more than that, he was engaged that he was not getting answers as to WHY it was damaged.

Before Vaati could voice anything to the recovering Xiao Xiao though, she once more sprinted off in the opposite direction. However, before she could get too far, she ran right into the swarm of chasupas. A rather smart wallmaster appeared in short order, soon plucking her up by her tail and moving to hold her upside down right in front of the Wind Mage. With a nod to the manual monster as it turned the blithering squirrel demon round to face him, Vaati held his own left hand forward, soon catching Xiao Xiao in a small, swirling ball of air. The wallmaster hovered back to the side in the event it was needed again, but from here, it seemed that the former Minish had just what he needed.

Vaati kept his simple wind spell active as Xiao managed another string of apologies before dotting those with confessions that this was all her fault. Oh really now… if it was, then just what had happened

"Apologize all you wish Xiao, but you have still not answered my question. I suggest you do so before it becomes a demand," stated Vaati, locking his focus on her as he spoke. His voice still quite serious, he soon added, "What happened to the Palace of Winds? I will not ask you a third time."

Last edited by Vaati on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:10 am

“Heeeee,” squeaked the squirrel, curling into a ball of shame in Vaati’s wind spell and wrapping her tail firmly around her. She didn’t want to tell him. He’d already warned her about her obsession with souls and told her to keep that in check and what had she done? Back to the same old routine of forgetting everything else once souls were presented in front of her. If she didn’t lose all decorum and went after the souls of those dying in pools of phazon, she would had been infected and if she hadn’t been infected, she would do something as outrageous as taking the Palace into battle. She was guilty. Massively guilty. But more than that she was ashamed.

“I-I..” she stammered almost too quietly, her tummy fur muffling her voice even more. Xiao sniffled and shivered as she took a deep sniffling breath then slowly uncurled. If she was going to die as punishment, she was at least going to see the prettiness that was her lord once more before she died!

Except, she couldn’t quite summon the courage to look up at his face!

Tieeeeeeen aaaaaahhhhh! She just wanted to curl up and die of shame again but she already uncurled and curling back up was far too pathetic even for her.

“R-Ridley... I-I...”

How can Lord Pretty Hair NOT know what had gone on? It was a Breach-wide catastrophe! Exacty how much should she say? Exactly how much did he know? Should she lie and push all the blame to Ridley and leave out her own incompetence? What would happen if Lord Pretty Hair found out the truth afterwards if she lied? Can he tell if she lied? No, more importantly, can she actually look at him properly if she did lie?

Another snotty sniff and Xiao rolled over in the wind ball until she was on her hands and knees and in the closest form of kowtow she could manage in an air ball.

“I-I’m sorry,” she stammered. “It’s my fault. I tell you why but I want a promise first.”

She licked her lips, taking another breath and continued. “I don’t want to lie to Lord Pr-- Vaati. I’m sorry. I just have one request and that is if you’ll punish me as you would a minion. Be it d-death, confinement or torture. Xiao...I... I don’t want to be punished as anybody. Not Xiao the nobody. I know I’m not really a minion and I’m annoying and stupid and a pest a-and... I’m sorry...I’m just a squirrel who just so happens to live in your Palace. I shouldn’t ask for anything more when you’re letting me stay here and do as I please. Xiao wouldn’t dare think she’s friend, family or anything special. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. At least let Xiao be a minion just for a little while. Xiao just wants to be something. Even a little something.”
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Vaati kept his red gaze locked on Xiao Xiao even as she curled up into the shameful little ball before him. How she carried herself now would determine the course he would proceed on... he knew she could answer him and answer him well... it was merely up to her now.

Of course there was more stammering... what else could he expect? She was terrified. For good reason, too... even at a fraction of his attack power, his magic was still in tact, and he was still a force to be feared and respected. Even so, he was still prepared to give her a chance. The Wind Mage only looked out for himself, but he still understood the importance of followers... and her loyalty had been rather... impressive thus far.

Vaati quirked an eyebrow at the mention of Ridley. Ridley? Just what did that oversized purple dragon have to do with anything? The damage to the Palace of Winds did not look to be like anything the space pirate leader might cause himself... unless if there had been a different sort of struggle whilst he had been away... now that was intriguing...

Instead of getting straight to the point though, Xiao Xiao apologized -- yet again, and admitted that this was her fault... yet again. Vaati's gaze hardened and he took a quick breath before letting it out sharply. She was finally going to tell him what happened, but she wanted a promise first... a promise. She dared to ask Vaati, the powerful Wind Mage, for a PROMISE? She was in no position to bargain here... what could she possibly want him to promise that might stave off her own punishment?

"Speak," said Vaati. It was not a request... it was a demand. He could not guarantee a promise of whatever she wanted, but in his pursuit of the truth, he could at the very least hear her out. Oh the things one had to do at times to find out the truth in things... it almost made him wish that he could steal the secrets of that accursed Sage of Shadow here.

As Xiao Xiao continued, Vaati immediately caught the seriousness of her request when she actually addressed him by his true name instead of that blasted nickname she usually used for him. That alone gave him more reason to listen to her, although he was a bit perplexed at her request to be punished as a minion. Was she really questioning her status here? Granted, it had been rather ambiguous for the longest time, but it was still... very odd that she would ask about this. The squirrel demon was quite right in that she could be annoying... and stupid... and the occasional pest. She did live here, and she not exactly a friend or family... a companion of sorts perhaps... but something more of a... special minion. Something like that, at least. were labels really all that important? In this case, not likely. Vaati knew what she was here, even if words escaped him around his still seething anger.

"Xiao Xiao... you already are a minion," stated Vaati. Eyeing her as he continued to hold her in his wind spell, he continued, noting, "Your loyalty alone gives you a place of value here. If you were not someone I considered to be worth keeping around... I would not let you stay. You are a minion of the great Wind Mage. I do not take companions here lightly, so do not question my decision regarding your status. That being said... since you are already a minion of mine, you can expect a fitting result to what you have to tell me."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:22 am

Already a minion? Wait, she was?! She lifted her head out of the kowtow to unabashedly stare at the wind mage in shock, dropped jaw included. Um.. ah....er.... for those few precious seconds of apology-less and sniffling-less silence, the squirrel had been transformed into a goldfish, her mouth opening and closing as she tried to say something, want to say something but can’t figure out what it was she wanted to say.

If she wasn’t caught in a wind spell, she would had glomped him so hard right now and a stream of thanks yous would be spill forth from her mouth. The eyebats would be sure to be taking the brunt of the giddy screaming and tearful wharbling later as she pounce them all delighted to be one of them. All this time, whilst she may had suspected herself a minion at some point, she had always waved it aside and instead labelled herself as the annoying pet that the Wind Mage kept just to um... cook dinner, clean the palace and maybe even just there to show what stupidity really was so that his real minions could learn how NOT to behave.

She was a MINION! SHE WAS A MINION!

She was Vaati’s minion! Apparently already was one before she requested!

She will be a good minion! She will be a perfect minion! If Lord Pretty Hair asked her to jump, she’ll ask how high whilst already in mid-air. She would follow him without a word! Not question his decisions (maybe a tiny, tiny bit if it was particularly dangerous)! She’ll make sure the palace was spick and span. She’ll...she’ll... she’ll love him no matter what! Not romantically, of course. That thought haven’t even occurred to her yet and even if it did, she’d just scoff at it.

But more on that later. Xiao’s mind finally unfroze from the surprise and she squeaked, bit her lower lip and tried not to unleash a whole load of crying. She can’t imagine the tears and snot involved in doing so would bode well when she’s trapped in a wind ball. The yaojing ducked her head back down again, forehead pressed onto the back of her paws as she resumed her kowtow. “Thank you, Lord Pret- Vaati.” Her voice was barely above a squeak and she raced through her memories for a good starting point of what happened.

“The palace...um... Ridley, the space dragon, he left this poisonous blue glowy substance on the Breach and they exploded and spreaded everywhere. Lots of people died and I... feasted on their souls.” You know you hit a low point when even you yourself thought yourself the lamest fool of the century. “I’m sorry. You told me before to not be so weak as to indulge on souls and forget everything else. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I still did it. I’ll be better from now on. I promise!”

Xiao resisted the urge to curl back into a shameful ball of fur, her tail curled so tightly around her that she could feel every movement of it on the tip of her ear as she quivered. No, don’t cry. Don’t curl up. You’re going to face this with some tiny scraps of dignity still intact. You’re not going to curl up and cry when you already said you’ll take the punishment. Don’t let Lord Pretty Hair down. You’re a minion. You have to answer when ordered.

“I was corrupted by the poison. I started losing all my mind. Ridley suddenly attacked the city with a giant flying thing and... I took the palace into battle against it with Garden’s systems and shot it out of the sky.” It should had been a proud moment, their palace taking on a giant construction over several times and theoretically should be armed have more weapons than the smaller palace. Pretty Garden might had been proud and smug to hear that their technology outmatched giant city-covering ship’s. Xiao herself was too guilty of doing such a rash thing without permission from her lord. How could she had brought their palace out like that? Did she not care about all its inhabitants?

She gave a sharp whine then finished her remarkably short explanation with, “I don’t remember anything afterwards, I just woke up in my room and Garden’s system said I was corruption-free. But it’s undeniably that it’s Xiao’s fault the palace is ruined like this. If Xiao haven’t lost herself to souls, she wouldn’t had got corrupted and then she wouldn’t had brought the palace into an aerial fight. Xiao is willing to take all and any punishment.”
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Thu May 30, 2013 6:35 am

Whilst Vaati had initially invited Xiao to the Palace of Winds as she had appeared to be not only a maiden but one of great power, he had still let her stay here as she had proven useful in ways beyond just the sorts of power he might be able to pull from her at some point. Her strange loyalty had definitely given her a place as a minion… and even with some of her rather annoying antics, deep down he was pleased to have someone that he could utilize for more complex tasks than simply guarding something. He would never admit that out loud of course, but at the very least… his open declaration that she was already a minion seemed to do just the trick to not only get her to speak, but to also have her address him properly. For the time being, at least.

Vaati narrowed his red gaze at the mention of Ridley and this mysterious, poisonous, blue substance, inwardly wondering just what that stuff might have been. He was still trying to see if he had ever heard of anything like it whilst Xiao apologized for her own weakness regarding souls again, but he supposed he would have to wait and see just what this poison was.

Not only was it toxic, it was corruptive as well? Now that was very interesting…from the sounds of it, that purple dragon did not quite realize what he had got his claws on, much less just how he might have been able to properly utilize it himself… had he fallen prey to his own devices in this scheme gone awry? Now that was a question for later… he was finally about to get the answers he himself wanted.

Apparently, Ridley had attacked the city… and Xiao fought back with the entire palace's might. Now that was certainly rather impressive, especially since she had been successful at repelling the attack from the space pirate, but even so, she had not been able to avoid the damage to the palace like she should have. The Wind Mage's gaze sharpened as he was finally able to learn about just what had happened to his home… at least that could have been far worse. He was still very infuriated by it, but at least no one had tried to directly assault the palace. The fact that it was able to be used to help fend of a greater threat was a small comfort, since even though Vaati cared little for the other inhabitants of the Breach, he did live here now too, and he was not about to let something stand against him or in his way.

Letting out a steady breath as Xiao shifted from her explanation of the damage to the palace to where she had ended up in all of this. At the end of it all Vaati simply regarded her silently…. the gears turning inside his head as he contemplated the punishment best befitting of the crime here. She might not have damaged the palace herself, but it was still her foolish decision to use it in such a manner that led to it getting damaged in the first place.

"I see then… at least no one was foolish enough to attack my home directly," stated Vaati. His voice rather serious, he added, "However, next time, do try to use better distance attacks if you must use the palace itself… there was no need for it to have sustained this much damage. You must keep that in mind as well as not losing yourself to souls, and while you are helping to fix this mess here."

He did not release her from the wind spell just yet… oh no, the punishment still had to be dealt. There was no need to jump immediately into it, though… no… this was a case where it was best to build right up to it.
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:16 am

The official position of minion would undoubtedly make her think twice about calling him by her prettyful nickname. Because now she actually had something to lose - her position. Not to say that she didn’t have anything to lose before, such as her life, home etc, but with the declaration that she’s a minion, she must act like a minion; not an annoying pest. Minions don’t go around calling their lords Lord Pretty Hair. It might take some time but she was determined to halt her tongue from uttering that name at the very least in front of Vaati himself.

Xiao picked her head up from her kowtow and snuck a gaze at the wind mage. He didn’t seem... angry. That was a relief. Maybe more thoughtful regarding her explanation. It gave her some form of relief and hope that perhaps her punishment wouldn’t be that bad even though she was prepared for torture, death and confinement. Part of her question if this was a good sign regarding their relationship but the sharpening of Vaati’s gaze at the mention of the palace’s role in this coupled with her other half, the inferiority complex part of her, stamped at that hope so hard that she immediately pressed her forehead back to her paws.

When he spoke, she flinched, once more prepared for the worst and biting her lip fiercely to mute a whine from escaping her. But as he went on, she froze, not quite believing her ears..... what?

“Huh?” Xiao Xiao quipped, picking her head up again to openly stare at her lord in stunned silence. Try to use distance att-- what? Was he actually suggesting that she could still control the palace?! But she damaged it this much already! Surely, controls should be firmly removed from her paws. She wouldn’t even dream of doing it again after this whole fiasco with Phazon. In fact, had it not been the Phazon confuddling her emotions and thought processes, she wouldn’t even had dared touch the palace controls in the first place!

But...here Vaati was advising her to use distance attacks if she must take the palace into combat again. That amount of... trust. She can’t hold it in. A fresh batch of tears rolled out and she sniffled in the confines of the wind spell.

“Yes! Yes! I will do better. I’m sorry for failing so badly before. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I will control myself when it comes to souls and I will fix the palace. I will fix everything! Thank you! Thank you!” she blubbered, sitting back up and covering her eyes as she cried. “I’m sorry for crying so much. And for apologising all the time. I’m a minion now. Thank you. Thank you.”
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Vaati on Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Vaati was not about to have Xiao ever use the Palace of Winds in battle by necessity or his own order, but in the incredibly rare event that he did, he was determined to ensure that she learn how to fight with quite a bit more wisdom. One could work hard, or one could work smart… and as far as he was concerned, why waste precious energy when one could just as easily take something out with ones wits? Strategy, time-biding, and efficiency… these were three things that the Wind Mage held in very high importance.

He watched Xiao Xiao as she flinched at his words, just barely suppressing an amused smirk at how effective his speech seemed to be going so far. He was correcting and disciplining her just as well as he was proving his own higher status here. He knew that she respected and revered him, but it was never a bad thing to make certain that she knew just where she stood… and between this and her desire to be what she already was, it seemed that his minion was going to be keeping her place in more ways than one.

Vaati was angry about what had happened to the Palace of Winds, but he had grown more thoughtful at the explanation and answer given… and with Xiao's renewed apology and promises to make better where she had failed, he simply nodded slowly to her at her thanks. "That is correct… you are a minion now. And as my minion… it will be your task to repair the palace. In its entirety."
    Xiao Xiao
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:46 pm

Xiao twitched an ear. Repair the palace in its entirety?

"But I was going to do that anyways," said the squirrel. Was she not suppose to do it? But she was the one who took the Palace into a fight so as the guilty party, she must repair the damages. Or perhaps.... "Do you mean... by myself?"

Oh and kay, whilst she had expected to be fixing the palace, the image in her head always had eyebats, darknuts and skulltulas helping her in the task. Was this her punishment? To fix the damage all by herself? BUT IT'LL TAKE AGES! Even with magic to assist her.

Where was she to find the materials? Was there a store room somewhere with large quantities of brick, windows and doors? Did she have to use magic and conjure up each piece? THAT TAKES TONNES OF ENERGY!

I mean she could do it, it's the same as her conjuring clothing and clothes making materials but she was USED to magicking them into existence. The magical cost and drain was something she was used to and had enough experience with. But construction material? She's not complaining. Oh no. Xiao Xiao would never go against Lord Pretty Hair's words; not even the smallest meep of complaint would escape her lips. She was just surprised and...wanted clarification?

Because....um...this was going to be....some exhausting few months if that was so.

"What about any of Garden's technologies that were damaged?" asked the squirrel, tail drooping lower and lower as she slowly took in how big a task this was now that there was a possibility of her having no fellow-minion assistance and now being presented with the daunting task of actually having to use her brain and think about how modern technology worked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:53 am