Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Re: Is There a Seamstress in the House!?

Post by Aya Valentine on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:36 am

A interesting choice of words, no doubt and the first time she had seen 'old fart' used to describe someone in rather onset aging. The more you know, the more the mind grows. Maybe Jo would be an accidental teacher of all that fun, down and hip lingo that all the kids were using nowadays so she wouldn't be a old fart too. "Truly it is a joy to be counted on in such a way!" Yes, Aya was pleased a punch to be of use to a friend in a time of need though she still wasn't assured of her ability to produce any ideas close to Zurg's personal interests. Alas, you could know someone, but not nearly as well as you'd like. Quirking a brow curiously to Jo, the draculina gave her head a small tilt. She was onto something already? By Jove that must be a record. Fabrics were a lovely gift, so many quality ones out there perfect for all sorts of day o day needs. However cotton and nylon weren't typically in the previously mentioned group, they were rather bumming about the house clothing fabrics.

"As glad as I am to have opened the door to possibility, what exactly could be made to not be complained about?" Did the Emperor need new clothes? Or new robes as it would be correct to say. Now that she was thinking o f robes, she wondered what fabric would be suitable for such elegant robes. Mulling it over, Aya perked up at the mention of practical and was attuned once more to Jo. Something practical for a person who fancied yard work but had to adhere to certain restrictions. She considered Jo's proposition, tapping her fingers against her knee as she thought it over."Something useful, yet sturdy would be a marvelous idea. But there poses the question of exactly what fits this particular idea." It had her thinking of the possible things to be made for Zurg, so far robes made the headline as the number one gift. But, his hobbies may prove that to be rather difficult. "If we were to say go in the direction of crafting him a set of robes, would a set with fabric both gentle enough for his skin yet sturdy enough to take some gardening trouble be a possible idea?" She threw the idea out there, ready to hear the feed back and more ideas for what she would hopefully be making.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:16 pm

A study yet soft fabric... Oh, of all the times to forget her Master Weaver tier back in Galaxy of Cosmocraft! "Hmm... I know he doesn't like anything coarse or suffocating. Big Z makes that perfectly clear," Jo mused. What's better than... oh! "I don't know what his robes are made of, but I do know that silk and satin are pretty gentle on the skin." That was a start but was it the right one? Here is where the mechanic crossed her arms and closed her eyes, a pensive frown on her face. "But that's all he wears are robes..." He already had so many from his world to begin with, so would giving him yet another one really change anything? There was no guarantee he'd wear it and they might even insult him. Jo didn't want to run the risk of, yet again, proving to be an ignorant outsider. Gah, that label...

"...Maybe not robes," the mechanic sighed. After weighing the cons against the pros, it could be a tasteless gift if done poorly. "Hmph." Jo was feeling a smidgen irritated; tired after running around for weeks and not finding anything. And with the calendar flipping through the days and the clock winding down faster... "I don't know what to do," she murmured, dejectedly holding the teacup.

Jo was absolutely certain that Big Z would love anything she gave him, but that wasn't enough. That wasn't enough for her. She wanted to get him something that at least held meaning. But what...?
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:24 pm

"While in impeccable taste, it doesn't make it any easier to think of ideas though..." Impeccable, but even harder to craft for but effort was always worth it in the end. But, robes weren't exuding a positive response as a potential gift. She really had thought that it would be a winner in the end.

But another set of robes seemed not to be what Jo had in mind, seeing as it was what Zurg now was always garbed in. Fiddlesticks! She may or may not have been imagining designing a set, oh well it was on the back burner now. Hmm... Aya couldn't help but wonder if clothing was going to be out of the question for a gift soon. Whether his gift was to be of cloth or not, she was committed to solving this riddle for Jo's sake Now what could be an option if more robes were swept off the table? He couldn't be bought slacks and shirt, she was at least going to speculate after remembering the very brief time a certain someone paid his dues as a service man. But what could be crafted? If not robes, then what?

"Jo, Jo. Don't you worry. We will think of something. Surely we must be on the right track. So far we've narrowed it down by taking a new set of robes off the table. Its a good step closer I'd say." She tuned up the optimism in her smiling, hoping it would aid in brightening up Jo a tad. For her, it was time to think even harder as to what a gift for Zurg could be. She hated to admit, but she was quite stumped. But she simply could not put out an idea, so his hobbies considered she tentatively spoke up after her silence. "This is simply an idea but...what about a very nice satchel of sorts? Or maybe a nice suit, and you two could go out and about on this fine city." Just think of it now, Zurg whisking you away to where ever the shrimp were plentiful for night filled with seafood.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Aya was right -- they will think of something. They just had to find that something, first.

"Hmm... A satchel would be nice, but a suit will be hard. He's pretty finicky about the cut and all that," Jo responded. Besides, Big Z already had two good suits he liked. They... weren't really different in Jo's opinion but she guessed he liked a backup in case of misfortune. And blech, seafood. She was just barely learning how to tolerate lobster. Also reminded her of a rather awkward double date from not very long ago, too... "Well, we're still stumped but I think making him something to wear should be our main focus." Just not robes or a suit. What did that leave, though? He wasn't fond of pants and he complained about cotton and polyester, the big baby. That... actually left out a lot, didn't it? Jo rubbed a temple, soon to be at her wit's end. "I want to give him something worth meaning -- something that's just not limited to being a gift, you know? He's not really attached to things if they're just physical. I'm sorry if that's hard to explain. I don't really understand the philosophy entirely, either." It should be something humble -- something where the value is in the gesture itself and not necessarily the item.

Big Z, you were a pain in the ass to shop for. You better appreciate all the trouble Jo and Aya were going through!
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 am

As easy as it would be to say she was at a loss, the vampiress was never one to be so keen on giving up no matter how hard it was proving to think of a gift. Eventually there was going to be a time in which she wasn't going to be able to think of anything else to suggest, but hopefully a wonderful idea would spring amidst the spring boardings. Aya let out a thoughtful hum, leaning back to recollect some stray musings before speaking up once again. " Well, At least a satchel can be something to keep in mind...I suppose?" Another pause. She gave a small scratch to her head, considered anything other than a suit due to the mentioned 'finicky' tastes of a certain monarch. "Hmm, no suits then something else to wear will be excellent." A time like this was a good reason to lamaent not knowing both Jo and Zurg better, maybe then it would be easier to be of some use.

Taking in the explanation of what the gift was supposed to show rather than it was supposed to be was perhaps in her eyes a truer form of a gift. But, someone who did not hold close to the physical sense was getting trickier by each passing moment. "Meaning is good, better than something that is just given. I understand Jo, I cannot pretend I understand the philosophy though...but I'm certain we'll think of something with meaning." The vampiress looked down at the tea tray, pondering over what to possibly think to mention. Something meaningful...? Definitely something to give the good old gray matter a stretch. Though perhaps...just maybe he could be fashioned a coat of sorts. Like a covering or some such. "Well...What if there was a ornate coat? Like a robe but more in terms of functioning to keep the sun away? Had clothing not been the sole option I would suggest a nice large quilt." Now on that train of thought, she might have to make them a nice quilt to commemorate such a long lived relationship even more so with winter coming.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Hmm... a satchel, ornate coat, or large quilt? See, this is why Jo felt confident that Aya would be the one to break this awful spell. She was filled with great ideas! Would Big Z use anything like these, though? The mechanic lightly tapped her chin, going through various scenarios within her mind. "You know, a satchel would be useful for him whenever he goes out mushroom farming." Yeah, don't ask about that one. Sometimes Jo caught the man leaving real early in the morning -- like 4.a.m. early -- to go out and harvest fresh vegetables. Where he got them, she didn't know. They were pretty tasty, however. Nice and crisp! Wait, focus Jo. You can think about your stomach later. "Not sure about a coat, but I bet he'd be a sucker for quilts if that means we can snuggle on cold, winter days~!" Big Z was a gentle soul; snuggles were his one weakness. But, again, did Jo want to give him something like this?

Thinking about it realistically, a satchel would come in handy only when he wanted to collect something. It wouldn't be everyday use, if she figured him out right. As for a quilt, that would be just perfect on colder days but what about summer? Big Z didn't do so well if left to bake in the heat. Wait, wait... What had Aya said before?

Aya wrote:"Hmm, no suits then something else to wear will be excellent."
    Something else to wear... That had been Jo's original thought several moments ago, right? Okay, okay; let's think! Satchel, ornate coat, quilt... Something with... pockets for storage sounds good. Oh! And something that's both insulating but not too constricting for body heat. Hmm... That sounded an awful lot like -- "Overalls!" the mechanic randomly blurted out. She quickly covered her mouth with a hand and sheepishly smiled behind it. "S-Sorry," she said. "That idea just came flying out!" Aya was probably thinking that Jo's taste in fashion was hopeless if she wanted to give Big Z overalls. But not just overalls, though! Jo had an idea and she wanted to hear Aya's expert opinion. "Okay, so Big Z now works for me right? And he doesn't have an official work uniform, right? Well... What if he was given a work uniform similar to mine but tailored to his specific needs? Something pleasing to the touch, not too hot to wear, and perfect for storing tools and papers? I sometimes worry when he comes to work in his robes, because the machinery I use has a tendency to be... non-cooperative." That was the best way to put it.

"Plus, giving him a t-shirt and work overalls specially-tailored for him would come off as unique and thoughtful," Jo added. There was also one another aspect, too. She was sorta bashful about saying this aloud. "And... I'd really like to keep my work in the spirit of my late father. He always told me that the business was a family business and that those values were to be remembered. I'd like to hold onto that memory of Pops." Giving Big Z an official work uniform would mean he was a part of that family business, and wasn't something along the lines of unity crucial to Zurgythingy philosophy?

What did Aya think?

((Sorry for taking so long. This week was rough.))
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:08 am

Aya regarded Jo as the woman tapped her chin in thought, her own expression shifting to a soft smile at her response to the idea of a satchel. Mushroom farming, how charming! Zurg certainly was one of a kind, and hopefully, this gift could prove to be equally fitting for him. Nodding in understanding at Jo's words on a coat, that smile broader just the slightest touch at the mention of just why the mechanic might like a quilt. "Now that does seem like a fine idea, a fine idea indeed." Whether a satchel or a quilt, the vampiress was set for any challenge…although that still left her and Jo with the challenge of first coming up with the item to be made.

Taking the quiet between them both to consider the possible choices that she had lay before Jo, trying to visualize how exactly any of the mentioned would look like. The concepts were terribly blurry, nothing concrete because what good would it do to plan too far ahead of yourself? Couldn't count the chickens before they were hatched, right? Then again better safe than-

Jo wrote:"Overalls!"

She blinked once, twice before cocking her head slightly at the mechanic. Overalls? Now the vampiress was honestly a little confused to say the least. What on earth was going on in Jo's head that 'overalls' would come flying out of her mouth. "No need to apologize, far better to say an idea rather than forget it later. I admit that I am quite curious by this idea, Jo." No, she did not think overalls or coveralls were fashionable in any type of way more for the fact that they served to be functional and practical which wasn't always a bad thing. Especially considering the profession Jo held. Not one to waste time this mechanic was explain her newly formed idea, revealing that Zurg worked for her in the Chop Shop was a sort of amusing yet horrifying picture considering machinery and long materials were never, ever a good mix. Things getting caught caused nothing but one big mess and possibly an injury. Though giving a good musing, Jo had hit all the points she had made with previous clothing that Zurg required due to his more sensitive natures and on terms of a thoughtful gift this would be quite a ringer, or at least that was her opinion. Holding her tongue until Jo had finished her train of thought, smiling at Jo mention how her Father valued business as being that of a family. That notion was one filled with something close to Jo's heart, something she wanted to give to Zurg. "Jo, I think that this would be a very, very thoughtful gift. Rather perfect actually. It has meaning, deeper than just wanting it to be useful it links something from person who is precious to you and then to another. If you are contented with this idea, I would be more than happy to make it for you." Aya was happy to see that the problem of trying to find a gift was more than likely resolved. But she was too quick, there were still some minor issues to iron out first. "Before I start anything, I will need measurements for Zurg and if you would be so kind as a preference in colors would be greatly appreciated, Jo. Guessing on either of those never seems to end too well for those involved." The vampiress ticked off the 'requirements' on each hand, trying to think of anything she might of missed regarding overalls.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Aya liked the idea? Really?

Jo had honestly expected to be politely patted on the head and told to think of something else, so the mechanic was left to think of a response in awkward silence. "Aha... ha... well! That was certainly a good note," she smiled, blushing. Oops! Guess there was a time for anything. If Aya was more than willing to see Jo's commission through then the mechanic was ready to part with the dinero. Problem was, the vampiress needed measurements and a suitable material to be used. "Hmm..." That was a little tricky. Getting Big Z's measurements wasn't exactly easy in the sense that he'd willingly comply outright. Knowing him, he'd fidget around and bellyache just to make her job more complicated. He was a pill like that. "I'm really happy that you agree to do this, Aya," she said, delighted. "A work uniform tailored just for him speaks volumes. I might have trouble getting the measurements, but I think I can wait for him to drink a pot of coffee and get them while he's zoned all the way out into another galaxy." Which just meant Big Z would be out for a good several hours, counting x'u x'us.

"As for colors? Hmm... Possibly a color to match my overalls?" she suggested. Jo's overalls were worn through many years of use (Aya would be able to see where Big Z did his best patching holes) but the color remained. They were a certain shade of green, not too light and not too dark. There was a tinge of blue but not enough to make them turquoise. Possibly Myrtle Green (#317873)? Yes, this looked about right. She stopped tugging on her overall's straps and looked back at Aya, still smiling. "I hope that makes sense for you. Mom always said I was never really good with clothing. Do you need anything else from me besides his measurements?"
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:34 am

Aya might have had her own ideas about fashion, but as a seamstress knew first and foremost that function most certainly came before form. The form was important too of course, but it had to follow the function...whether that was a fancy ballgown or even a simple pair of work jeans, any article of clothing had to work well, and the only thing that added to that was the meaning behind it. This idea of overalls was indeed very kind, very practical, and very thoughtful, and overalls were just the gift to by made for Zurg, then she was more than happy to sew them.

She smiled warmly at Jo's statement on her own agreement, right before nodding knowing at her words regarding acquring Zurg's measurements. Aya did blink at the thought of a pot of coffee causing him to become completely engrossed in a universe of his own, but if that was what helped the mechanic get what she needed, then so be it. "I do think it would rather suit him, so to speak, especially since it was your idea. Whether it is coffee or otherwise, do let me know once you've got them."

Aya inclined her head back just a touch, giving Jo's own overalls an appraising glance as she studied the color of the durable material. "Possibly, yes...that shade not only matches your own for the shop, but it would look rather good on him as well. That green would actually be rather flattering on him, and I do think I could make something in just that color." The vampiress looked over the overalls strap that Jo was tugging on, glancing up and down quickly so as to get an even better idea for the hue of myrtle green that she would be working with. Aya met the mechanic's glance and returned her smile, soon nodding once more to her. "It makes perfect sense, Jo, so you needn't worry." Aya brought a finger to her chin, briefly pondering Jo's last question before looking back to her. Measurements were always the most important thing aside from fabrics and she had a few ideas on where to proceed with that. No, I do believe that will be all that I require, Jo." This all was wrapping up quite nicely, she did quite enjoy when this sort of event occurred.

But while Aya was contented with the knowledge for the commission aside from the needed measurements she always had to ask the same question from habit. "Do you have any questions? Concerns or anything of the like? Perhaps a preferred date to which you would like the gift to be finished?" It was excellent rule of thumb to have a date for a deadline so the hands wouldn't go idle or work to hard to finish at the last second. However, Aya never waited for the last minute and never let the hands be idle with plenty of work to do.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:54 pm

This was actually going pretty well!

Between hearing Aya's positive outlook and finally getting this stress of her own chest, Jo felt warm and fuzzy inside. All of this was highly unexpected, which meant the mechanic had forgotten about the tea and cookies. She didn't want to be rude! Jo happily let Aya continue speaking while she tried to drink all of her tea as politely as she could and leave not a drop left. Mom always told her to appreciate a host's meal, when offered, and no matter how small. Those cookies needn't be worried about in a few seconds. "Hm!" The mechanic cleaned her mouth before speaking with a napkin and was sure to completely swallow. "Since this is a gift for his "birthday", I would like it finished before the fifth of November," she replied. "It can be tricky fooling Big Z into receiving a gift, but I think I can manage it if you package the gift in something... inconspicuous." Nothing shiny or complete with curly-q ribbons -- Big Z would notice that in a heartbeat! "Oh, and if possible, I would appreciate the packaging to keep the gift tightly bound." A neat little parcel ought to do the trick. But where were her manners?

"Sorry if this seems a little picky and late minute," Jo apologetically smiled. "It's just that I have been looking for the perfect gift for so long that hearing all of this good news is making me really anxious." Was there anything else the mechanic was forgetting? OH! "As for price, I can pay right away," she sought to clarify. "I can even pay right now, if you'd like. Just say the word, Aya." When purchasing a gift for a loved one, price was negligible. Within good reason, of course. These were a pair of overalls, not a shiny new death ray!
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:23 am

All those cookies and tea were well earned, weren't they now? It must be twice as satisfying after finally overcoming a hurdle like this. Aya smiled, watching Jo polish off the treats she had set out with an odd sense of contentment, perhaps her pride as a hostess was the cause of that. But no time for distractions, once Jo started to speak the draculina's mind was attuned once more to listen "November fifth for his birthday, before that date should be easy to accomplish without hassle." She would have to remember the date for future reference to wish him a happy aging day. Now the trouble seemed now to be getting Zurg to accept a gift, apparently he wasn't so fond of receiving a gift willingly? Should have figured as much about that. No fancy wrapping papers or bags or lovely cloth ribbons was disappointing it was another favorite part of hers when it came to gift wrapping. "I think I can manage something. Maybe brown-paper wrapping with twine is rather inconspicuous, or at least I think it is. It will be as tightly bound as inhumanly possible, Jo." It was a simple request, nothing of consequence as far as she was concerned now.

Picky, Last minute? She shook her head, a small chuckle arising from her as she regarded her mechanic friend fondly. "No, hardly! I quite enjoy a challenge and something to keep me busy. Idle hands are wasteful hands to have." Personally Aya found it adorable how Jo was so determined to find the gift, and seeing how relieved she now was to finally have it about to be in the works. "Jo, Jo, Jo. There is no need to apologize, I understand it. It is just good to see that you can have a weight off your shoulders now!" Aya was never fond of seeing a friend of hers under any type of duress, it sat so ill with her that she often had to fight the urge to intervene and mother. As the conversation swung back to business she hummed thoughtfully about a price for a nice, new set of overalls. A good price but negotiability was an option."Hmmm... It would be simpler to pay now rather than later. Let me think about the price...For this I would have to say 500 credits? Would this be acceptable?" It was a ball park swing at first price, it was up for debate of course though Aya was not one to squabble heavily over money.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:15 am

Even better; Aya could finish the commission before Big Z's birthday! Well, adopted birthday. Jo wasn't really sure if he had a birthday or if his people used twelve-month calendars. "Great!" the mechanic piped up happily. And yes, wasn't it unsatisfying? Big Z had a hard time relaxing but an even harder time lowering his paranoia about things. Apparently receiving packages without tags and warning put him on edge. Jo remembered the last time she tried to spring a surprise on him -- he kinda turned a darker shade of purple and clenched his toes. Whatever that meant. "Hmm, yep! I think brown wrapping paper and twine will do a fantastic job, Aya." And had the weight been that obvious from the start? Jo sighed, but it was a happier sigh.

"To be honest, I was starting to think that I wouldn't be able to find anything for him," she confided to the seamstress. That would have just been so... embarrassing! And not to mention completely inconsiderate and bumbling on her part. "I'm just glad we could solve this problem together. If I hadn't stopped by to see you, then I surely would have been at my wit's end!" And most likely floundered about trying to find a suitable gift. That's why when the issue of payment came up Jo didn't utter a word in protest.

A hand went immediately to her right pocket, the mechanic sticking out her tongue to the side for a moment. Wallet, wallet... Aha! Here we are. Jo retrieved her small pocketbook and split it open with a resounding click! "500.00, coming right up!" It was best not to question how easily Jo slipped out five, crisp 100.00 PB credit bills. When you come from Tradeworld, a world of fast transactions and relentless thugs, you learn to part with your money quickly and carefully. Take too long and someone may notice your business dealings... Besides, Jo thought this was a trustworthy sale to begin with. She trusted Aya and the vampiress did good work. There should be no questions asked. Debating an already good deal was just petty and Mom taught her right.

"There's no need for a receipt. I know this is going to be what I want to give him," she said.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:28 am

A happy Jo was a nicer sight to see than her worried, anxious disposition from trying to find a gift for the significant other the mechanic's life. Aya made sure to carefully note that this package would be brown paper wrapped and twine secured. Once she was able, she would make sure to write it down on the invoice just in case it slipped her mind. Far better to be safe than sorry, even more so concerning important obligations. "Ah yes, very good. I am glad that you finally can be at ease Jo, it suits you far better." She looked on to the mechanic, truly glad to see her friend in a better state giving her a warm smile still. The draculina upon Jo's confession shook her head and re-settled herself before speaking up. " Now dear Jo, I severely doubt that. Where there is a will, there is a way. I'm certain you would have come up with something that Zurg would have adored." After all, who knew the monarch better than Jo herself? Not too many people could dare say they had that privilege. Even she would admit the company of Jo was quite welcoming, and a good riddle helped keep the mind young...but it would be hopefully a longer while before figuring out a gift for someone was as challenging as this proved to be. "And I, am just as pleased to have been able to spend this time helping you! Though if this problem ever arises once more, feel free to visit before you get to the end of your rope." In that thought, she could only hope that could be of help sooner rather than later.

Aya seeing that Jo was reaching for her currency , immediately averted her eyes to the racks of clothing lining the way and then to the ceiling while the proper payments were put in order. She returned her focus to the mechanic accepted the the dues, sliding them into a pocket for safe keeping until she got to the lock box. "Thank you so much Jo, it is greatly appreciated." All in all the vampire would label this as a successful day indeed, she had helped out a friend and was going to make a gift to be given to another. Seeing that they had taken care of business, she quirked a brow in amusement at Jo's confidence in wanting no receipt from their transaction and her purchase. "No receipt? If you insist then I see no reason for it. As long as you are sure." The customer was always right after all. Though since she was lacking the measurements for Zurg she could not quite yet begin this very special gift. " So when do you think you'll have those measurements for me? Just a estimate would do nicely. I cannot begin without them." The sooner the better, Aya thought to her self, not wanting to be the one who spoiled the special day.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Oh, that's right! Aya couldn't start on this if she didn't have the measurements. That meant Jo had another errand to run and the mechanic tucked her pocketbook away. "Hmm... Well, I'll see what I can do tonight," she said. Today was Thursday and that meant Big Z was probably going to be tired after taking care of chores and work. That pot of coffee was sounding like the charm more and more. "And if the coffee trick won't work, I'll wait for him to enter deep sleep and get the measurements while he's off in Slumberland. You should have your quote sometime tomorrow or day after tomorrow." Either way, she was going to get those measurements. And she was going to get them as speedily as possible, troublesome Big Z or not. Idly Jo glanced at the time, not registering it until midway into her next sentence. "And I am absolutely sure. This is exactly what I wanted to -- is that the time already!?" This was supposed to be a lunch break, not a day off!

Quickly Jo rose to her feet, cleaning up after herself as best she could and trying not to clumsily make a mess. "Sorry Aya, but I have to go! I should have been back at the shop fifteen minutes ago." But you know what? Those extra fifteen minutes here were worth it. Together Aya and Jo had figured out something perfect for Big Z and that was oodles better than tinkering around back at the shop. With the extra stress gone and nothing more to worry about, Jo's face came off as much lighter and cheerful. Aya had done her a considerable favor. And you know how a Pistonne repays a favor like this?

With a hug.

Jo waited for the vampiress to rise up in order to hug her, the mechanic's arms strong and sincere. "Thank you so much, Aya!" she said happily. "You're a lifesaver. And, hey, if you ever need a favor that requires a mechanic's touch then you know who to call~!" Pistonnes also didn't forget those who helped them, too. But it was sadly time to go and Jo couldn't tarry any longer. She waved one last goodbye to the vampiress and was soon gone, smiling down the sidewalk as she went. When you come home, Big Z, you had a date with the measuring tape~!

Current date/time is Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:11 pm