650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Is There a Seamstress in the House!?

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Time: 12:00 p.m.
    Date: October 25, 2012

Ermahgerd!

The above meme-word described Jo perfectly. November was coming! November 5th, to be precise! Barring mask-wearing anarchists and tons of fireworks, the 5th of November was remembered for an entirely other reason. It was their birthday! Well, technically hers but by agreement his, too! She hadn't figured out what to give him at all by this point, which was precisely why Jo had taken her lunch break to scope around the city yet again. "Terrific. Just... te-riff-IC."

Once more and with less feeling, Jo stuffed her hands into her pockets and plodded on with a small pout. What was she going to get him? No, seriously? Big Z was ridiculously hard to shop for. Couldn't get him much of anything because she didn't really know much of anything -- his likes, that is. Yes, he liked knitting; he had way too many balls of yarn and could make a rainbow of sweaters. No knitting. Yes, he liked seafood; what's she going to do, buy the entire seafood section from the local supermarket? Ew, no. Seafood was out of the question. And yes, he liked cheesy soap operas; a girl could only take so much of puny, one-liner dialogues a day! They drove her bonkers! Why did he love those tacky shows...? "I am so hosed," she sighed in defeat.

So Big Z liked cooking; can't really give him pots and pans as a birthday present. That'd be like giving her a set of yellow gloves and telling her to make a sandwich on her birthday! But he did like arts and crafts... "Yeah, too bad he already has all the arts and crafts," Jo grumbled sourly. Can't get him paints since he had purchased a few cans here and there, and can't exactly give him sewing materials either. He had enough supplies to paint murals or make life-sized dolls! Oh, wait...

"What am I going to do...?" She had been trying for weeks to find the answer, but nothing stood out for her. Nothing! How can you shop for someone who wasn't really into worldly possessions? And speaking of that, would giving him a gift be seen as offensive to his culture? She recalled that giving him something as simple as a pair of jeans caused him to flip his cosmic biscuit... "Mm, biscuits." No, Jo -- focus! What can you get Big Z that he would really appreciate?

The mechanic walked around a corner and thought about something. Maybe she could... wrap herself up as a present, with ribbons and bows tastefully covering her artistic nude self? "...Nah, he'd repackage me and send the box off to wherever it was wrapped." Nothing like giving your significant other a heart attack on their birthday! Playful thinking aside, Jo paused at a crosswalk and kept on trying to brainstorm. She can't just give him nothing... And, knowing Big Z, he was working on a gift for her! By now Jo already knew that she couldn't top whatever he was planning, since schemer, but she was going to try and show her appreciation. Just... how?

That's when Jo glanced across the street, spotting a new store she had never seen before. "Victorian Lily...?" Hey, what kind of shop was this? Spying with her little eye, Jo could tell that it was a clothing store. "Hmm..." Would Big Z like something for his wardrobe? Something besides all-concealed robes for once? "Seems cozy enough... I think I'm going to have a look-see." No harm in that, right? And the business hours meant that the place was open so why not!

In Jo Pistonne went, cheeks rosy from the cold and brown eyes curious. "H-Hello?"
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Re: Is There a Seamstress in the House!?

Post by Aya Valentine on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:54 am

Jo Pistonne in a Boutique?!

This dear girl, was a muuuuuuch better idea than tasteful ribbons and bows and boxes, although two of the aforementioned items could be purchased here if you felt so inclined. Would it be bad to mention they came in lovely shades of purple?

Curiosity, dear girl revealed to you one familiar and most likely the only red-head on Portal breach. On fashionable Aya Valentine who if had a beating heart would've had a heart attack upon seeing Jo, the Jo. Down to Earth, burrito-loving Jo. Formality, business aside, she was positively over joyed to see this woman!"Jo! Jo Pistonne! It has been far, far too long since I've seen you!" Striding over she stopped short, standing in front of mechanic, but remember how the cold did follow she ushered her deeper within the warmth of the shop. Normally the code to be followed was to be formal and business-like at all times but even she couldn't possible forgo chit-chat with someone she hadn't seen in who knows how long!

"I figure you are here for business but you look a little chilled! Maybe you'd like to sit with something warm to drink to recover from the weather?" Motioning to the area in the middle of the shop consisting of a sizable couch and a few armchairs. Casting a questioning gaze to Jo, she started up once more but much calmer than her previous spiels of speech towards her friend. Bombarding someone like that was certainly not at all polite. It must be all those ill-mannered heathens that danced about the sanctuary bogging her prim and proper behavior down."Yes, uhm, if you were to stay I do have facilities to make tea and maybe even cookies if you would like to have them." Now she was just being a plain jabber jaw, had she even asked Jo how she was? Oh god, how could she even forget to ask that! Well she may as well wait till Jo was properly situated and warmed up before bombarding her with questions on how she was and all those other pleasantries.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:40 am

She's rare!

Sounds Familiar... wrote:"Jo! Jo Pistonne!"
    The mechanic froze in her tracks, petrified. Oh pulsars, she didn't mean to intrude into your shop! Don't call the ISOs! Don't call the... "Aya?" Jo's eyes weren't deceiving her; there was no mistaking that healthy bundle of red hair. Already the well-dressed woman with a taste for high fashion was in front of her, Jo slightly taken with bewilderment. "Oh, er... Y-Yes! Yes, it has been too long," she eventually stammered. Good to see that Aya hadn't forgotten about her! Off the mechanic was, swept away from the cold outside and brought deeper into Aya's cheery little bastion of passion. "Hmm, seems like a very nice place you've got here," she commented to the older woman, glancing around to spy Aya's wares. Very nice indeed!

When asked if she'd like anything, the mechanic naturally declined as was proper. "Oh, I don't want to trouble you," she said, gratefully taking a seat upon the couch. Leave it to Aya to be tiptop on her etiquette. Maybe Jo should take a few pointers... So let's start with a good rule: do not insult your host! "But if you'd be so kind, I would like a cup of tea to warm me up. I would very much appreciate it." Cosmos, if she kept that up she would sound like Aya. Wouldn't the boys be surprised?

Now that she was settled and comfortable, Jo squirmed a bit and felt just right. "How are you, Aya?" she asked. No worries, Jo was a good spirit about things. "It has been awhile since I've seen you. I see you're doing well for yourself now that you've got a shop~!" And such fine things inside, too!
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:00 am

For a moment, Aya nearly suspected that she had in some odd way startled the poor woman. It was a silly notion considering the fact that this was Jo Pistonne. Jo, thrower of wrenches, eater of burritos, and one of the toughest gals ever to hit the Breach. While her memory may have had a few longstanding patches, forgetting Jo would be simply too laborious to accomplish. Now however maybe she could assure that there wasn't such a long stretch without a casual contact ever again. What sort of friend would Aya be able to rightly deem herself if she didn't drop a few lines then and again? But that was putting a wagon before a horse, first of all she had to actually talk to poor chilly, bewildered Jo.

"Hm!Hm!Hm! Thank you, it is a lovely little shop. Much better than most if I do say so myself." With a few chuckles she was maybe a tad disheartened at refusal of any refreshments. Proper on both ends, to offer and to refuse but it was something she rather liked to do. Make people feel at home, rest them after a walk in the chill of the oncoming winter. Ready to off and flit into something else but not before Jo decided to have that Tea with some stellar manners no less. Perhaps Zurg was rubbing off on Jo, hopefully not too much because let us face facts when we didn't want a Empress running about. Certainly not after the Emperor had retired the heavy mantle. Aya straightened her back as a loss of proper posture was not acceptable as the vampiress flounced over to a sizable table to where the refreshments in question await to be prepared. "I would be more than happy to prepare you something, Jo~!" Don't expect to just receive tea, there would be a few cookies slipped your way, but don't worry she wouldn't tell Zurg about it. Pouring out the water into the kettle and placing it down upon the water heather with a soft 'clink' only a switch flick later and the tea was on its way to preparing. Oh the wonderful simplicity of some technology, or at the bit of it Aya could comprehend and use. Still aside from that, it was rude to keep your back to your guest! Tsk! Look at her showing off her manners so very well, so much for tip top.

Rounding about slowly to face Jo and mulled the question over."Myself? Fine, just keeping busy with this shop and such. You know how it is with work and such, it keeps you busy." Surely it was very alike, they both worked but if Aya were to make a guess she would peg Jo having the harder of the two occupations. Still she had to admire Jo in her work, she did things that boggled her completely, machinery and all its likeness. Striding over she glanced at the available seating, taking it upon herself to choose one across from the shop's guest. " Far too long, far too long! Oh quite so, the shop makes things easier and a bit more profitable if I am to be honest. But really enough about me, tell me, how are you? I've seen plenty of that big purple hooligan of yours but sadly not enough of you. You've become quite the elusive one, Jo." Leaning back she laced her fingers with one another, bringing them to rest on her knee as she looked to Jo. It had made her wonder in all honesty why Jo hadn't been around more. Many reasons floated about her mind as to why but it was better to receive a answer from the source rather than speculate.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:25 am

Looks like Aya was in very good spirits today. Had it really been that long? "Thank you!" Jo piped up in response for the tea and cookies that will soon come her way. Empress, eh? An entertaining thought, but Jo did best with the simple things in life; being a humble mechanic was one of them~! No ounce of monarchy in her earthly bones. "Keeping busy is a great way to keep one's feet on the ground," Jo agreed. For keeping busy helped prevent that sense of decay plaguing this world. And it's funny how Aya admired Jo! If Jo had her say, she'd be the one admiring Aya. If the vampiress did what Big Z could and more, then that was well beyond Jo's set of trade skills. The mechanic could barely sew up her own tattered overalls!

"Oh, I know how much that big, purple hooligan of mine likes to shoot the breeze," Jo teased back. Always a ham, that one. "And I've been doing pretty well, thanks for asking! Just, you know, keeping to myself and working at the shop. Nothing really special." The mechanic did suspect that Aya was perhaps curious for an explanation as to why Jo had made herself so scarce as of late, however.

It wouldn't be nice on Jo's part to keep a friend in the dark, so she decided to be forthright. "I've been... staying away -- intentionally," Jo said slowly. "I didn't like some of the heated arguments in the Sanctuary, so I've decided to mind my own business and take care of things. N-Not that I don't miss anyone or that I find their company unwanted, but... yeah. There are just some folks in there that, um..." Well, might as well come clean about it now. "Eh, let's just say that I grew tired of Deadsilver and Karkat," the mechanic admitted at last. A gal can only handle so much bullshit before finally calling it quits. "I know a supposed tough woman like myself should rise above it, but... it was just so darn distracting. And not at all good for my health, either. Staying away from negative stress has done loads for my concentration." Just way too many bad memories for her tastes.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:42 am

Was her bubbly a smidgeon too bold? Oh well, better to enjoy the moment now than regret being a stick later. The vampiress inclined her head gently in the mechanic's direction, the smile widening at the use of proper manners. It would still amaze her that so few people had manners and used them although given current times it wasn't 'expected'. " You are most welcome, Jo!" Her smile paired with a hum of a agreement in the face of busy work and the act of being grounded. Being so different yet finding similarities wasn't something that escaped her keen eye. Figuring as she often did, they were after all working class women. Big Bad Z was quite the arts and craftsman from time to time wasn't he? Aya had thought many a time that with his penchant for crafting he would try vehemently to garb Jo in dresses, covering her head to toe when she wasn't working. Really? Getting Jo in a dress may very well be like getting Zurg into pants. Impossible, uncomfortable and followed by much complaining. Patching overalls? Easy as could be, maybe one day that would have to be a subject brought to attention.

Shoot the breeze, turn a freakish alien who sweats to much onto you. Normal things like that. Here Zurg thought she had been kidding about telling on him. Think again oh Robed one, your spot was blown to smithereens. "Funny thing about that breeze of his. It happens be the subject of Zurg's enjoyment derives from jiving fear from me." Bomb dropped, prepare for hotdogs those delicious mashed meat sticks. "It is of no issue, I do so enjoy hearing of how you are doing~! Pish Posh, your life and work are plenty interesting!" Nothing special, pfha! A completely correct suspicion Jo, but she being polite could never inquire directly. It was better to let it come up naturally or allow the other to bring it up of their own free-will. Leaning forward intently, shifting her hands to come to rest under her chin as she shifted to the earnest forthcoming explanation. Not as if Aya was entitled to it in anyway or thought that she was, good heavens no!

Well, well, well. Color and call her surprised. Caused by Deadsilver and Karkat. Aya exhaled with a small sigh, shaking her head in sadden regard to the enjoyment lost for poor Jo. Couldn't blame her thought, you must do what will make you happy and keep you even happier. Seeing her so scarcely, while unfavorable was justified and relieved her if ever so slightly. Sometimes she had come under the impression Jo had found no desire to be friends anymore. Truly a relief that it was no thing caused by her hands. Briefly silent she spoke up thoughts imbued with gratuitous amounts of understanding. "Jo, I understand. One can only take so much and they can be very....taxing to put it lightly. Being tough doesn't mean dealing with all that...incessant chatter from either of the mentioned." Admirable to try and stand tall past ti all, truly it was but better to be happy without than with it. "However, I am glad that you benefit from this for your work." Obtaining more concentration was safe and a doorway to do better as time progressed. Still a small bit of sadness lingered, it wasn't a party without Jo. However she didn't know how to progress the conversation. Ask about the relation between Jo and Zurg thus far? very well none of her business! Even if she very well wanted to know, maybe she could casually mention it passing. Wasn't that tea ready yet? No, the kettle was silent but soon it should start piping up sounding for hot water, till than conversation must go on. "So...how are your...cats. You have two cats, yes?" The smoothest transition ever completed.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Nothing wrong with being too bold. Jo was a bold gal, herself~! It really was refreshing to have this unexpected chat with Aya. Good talk was sometimes hard to come by when you didn't enter the Sanctuary. And good luck for Big Z to get her into dresses. If the man had a death wish, then he certainly wasn't gutsy enough to do it. The mechanic had one, though; getting Big Z into pants was turning into a sport with her. "Oho, he gets a high out of messing with you, does he?" Color Jo not surprised. "Yep. Sounds like my big, purple ham, alright." You know, she just may buy some hot dogs for dinner one night... See how he likes "sweating" profusely. Nobody can out-fear Jo when she puts her mind to it!

"Thank you, Aya. I'm glad you understand," Jo nodded gratefully. The mechanic didn't want to appear as if she was abandoning her friends, but it was incredibly hard trying to explain this when... Well, when the main method of communication was that blasted Sanctuary. Although Jo could begin to utilize the mail or phone, perhaps? Maybe, maybe. "The less of their disagreeable smack-talk, the happier I am." And that was the simple truth.

The cats? Aya wanted to know about the cats?

Jo thought back to them, recalling how Homo was sitting on everything she shouldn't and Shalti busying herself by sleeping on sun-dappled windowsills. "The cats are being cats," she responded with a smile. "Homo is a charm, as always. And Shalti enjoys taking her naps and sitting upon any lap she can find." In translation: they were living like royalty back at home. "They agitate Big Z's allergies like nothing else underneath the sun, but he loves them in his own way. In fact, whenever he comes home the cats go running down the stairs to pester him. I never get that treatment except when they want something!" Jo saw how it was, you awful brats. "But aside from that, they're doing fine."
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Far too hard to get a nice chat, Aya would wholehearted agree. But nice surprise chats between friends seemed far better, didn't you think? Had she gotten that large purple hamhock in trouble? Oops! "Mmmhm, he finds it quite enjoyable to pull such horrible things up for his amusement.." She smiled, the imagination of Zurg shimming away from a plate full of wieners was simply delicious and just maybe she should just tell Jo everything that Zurg had done. Alas, not even Aya was quite cruel enough to incur such a force unto everyone's favorite emperor.

She waved a hand, she understood all too well but she herself couldn't distance herself from the lure of the Sanctuary unfortunately."You are welcome, Jo. For friends I am always willing to try and understand." Jo's reluctance to enter the Sanctuary was a good good sign to try and meet in places that would be more prone to better outcomes than such that were birthed from the typical 'meeting' place. Maybe lunch meetings could be arranged in the future to avoid such long gaps? Perhaps she would bring it up later if after everything had been said and done. Ah smack talk. Wait...did smack talk actually involve smacking? No, that would be ridiculous in Karkat's case but not so much in Deadsilver's case. Nodding with a sigh it seemed she and Jo had a lot in agreement , still it was sad that she was unable to be present because unsavory personalities loitering around.

Ah yes, your precious little babies or so it seemed they were more Zurg's little babes, weren't they now? It struck Aya was quite odd, she hadn't figured either of them as pet people except she could see Jo with a dog for some reason. "Homo and Shalti, such unique names! Allergic to them? My, my, the poor thing must die during the summer months. But I'm sure they are fond of both you equally, though I am glad you are all doing fine." Two cats, like having two children. Jo and Zurg as parents...now that was a thought to have but not so much to share. Nothing said awkward like telling someone they would make a good parent with another person. Ho hum, what topic could they venture towards next?

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Ah! The tea kettle was finally ready!"Looks like your tea will be ready soon. Do you like anything special in your tea? Milk, sugar or maybe honey?" She rose, making her to the able once more bring out a bag of leaves from a nearby cabinet. Opening the kettle's lid she waved away the puff of steam idly before pour a good amount of the tea leaves into the steeping compartment of the interior. Still a little more time would be needed before the tea was done from the steeping."Seeing as it has grievously slipped my mind to ask, what happened to bring you here, Jo? I wouldn't figure you to be the one to wander into a boutique. Did something catch your fancy perhaps?" She turned round to the mechanic, head cocked to the side as she eyed the woman curiously.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:00 am

Getting Big Z into trouble wasn't a challenge; not when he got himself into it just as fast! "He can be pretty sadistic when he wants to be," Jo chuckled along. Dictators and all that space jazz. "But I've come to learn that if he doesn't mess with you once in a while, then he's not as fond of you. Don't ask me how that works. I still can't figure out how he shows affection sometimes." Could just be Big Z's special way of caring, although his more impish qualities weren't as common as they once were. Jo wasn't objecting to making a plate of weenies, too~!

And, contrary to belief, Jo considered herself a pet person. She never had a dog, but she did used to have a Shragarakian root-horfer. His name was Moofu, and he had been black and white all over with soft little paws with pink pads on the bottom. Now, if you don't know what a Shragarakian root-horfer was then let Jo explain: they were glorified balls of puff no bigger than a medium-sized ball. They also came packed with paralyzing quills that ran along their spine and could be shot with startling accuracy. Adorable, right~? She missed Moofu. "Oh, they love us to shreds," the mechanic nodded happily. Either that, or the cats just recognized who fed their bowls on a daily basis. Let's just say that the cats loved them unconditionally. "Pets are great company when living alone or with someone else. A home doesn't feel right without one." Maybe Aya should take up having a pet one day if she decided?

Teapot wrote:Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.
    Looks like the tea was almost done. "Um... I haven't had tea in a long time, soooo..." What should she have? Milk, sugar, or honey? She had to make a snappy decision so Jo decided to play it safe just in case. "I'll just have a bit of honey in it, thank you." Should be good, right? If she didn't like it, Jo was still going to drink all of her tea. Don't want to be rude! Anyway, why was she here?

Well, Jo couldn't say window-shopping. What would Aya think?

"I'm actually spending yet another lunch break looking for a gift," she said, thinking that a decent answer. Jo wasn't a boutique person as Aya had figured, but it never hurt to look around. You never know what was in store! "It's going to be Big Z's birthday soon and I'd like to get him something special." This was way harder than it sounded. Jo sighed and appeared a little defeated. "Unfortunately he's the hardest person I've ever had to shop for," the mechanic confessed. "I know we're close, but I really don't know too much about his personal life. You know, those age-old questions such as: what does he like, what does he not like, what he prefers, what he doesn't prefer, etc. I mean, I know the major likes and dislikes but when it comes to gifts?" She shook her head. "The man's an enigma, soooo I've been walking around and peeping into various shops to see if anything catches my eye." Nothing yet, but Jo was certain she'd find something. Would she find something by his birthday, though? That was the real question.
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:09 am

Aya did smile a bit softly at Jo's chuckle and statements. The idea of Zurg only truly messing with individuals being a sign of him caring for them at least a little seemed to be one of the best assessments of the alien she had yet to hear. To be completely honest, the concept made very little sense to the vampiress, but whilst she herself did not understand its execution, it did certainly explain how the purple alien functioned. Fret not Jo, she had no intention to ask how that worked. Sometimes, it really was best just to let some things be...even if they were perplexing.

Smiling a bit more as Jo mused on the couple's cats, Aya nodded to the mechanic, noting, "I can certainly imagine they are wonderful to have around the house. I do hope they don't get into too much trouble, though." Just because cats could be comparable to children did not mean they were except from every side that the little dears could show. Goodness, there might be some amusing stories there to be told. She took a peek in the kettle again, pleased that now the brew had reached a rich and proper color. As she shifted about the little cabinet to retrieve the still needed items." I see, so he turns yet another year older. My, my the days just seemed to fly by now don't they?" She hummed in thought, now pulling a small tray out setting the tea kettle on it along with the cup and honey before turning back to Jo with a thoughtful look. "Why don;'t you ask questioned Jo? Surely you too are quite close, and know more about each other than many others do or think they do." Placing the tray on the table carefully, she settled down and clapped her hands upon her lap."Well, seeing as you've come here why don't we try and solve the riddle that is Zurg. Don't forget that half the meaning of a gift is that thought behind it." Lifting the kettle up, Aya poured a cup of tea, offering the tray laden with cookies and the honey to Jo. "The man is only an enigma if you allow him to be one."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:15 pm

"Oh, the cats are no trouble at all," Jo responded. "They might get into the occasional scuffle with other neighborhood animals, but that's mainly Homo. Shalti keeps to herself and occupies her mischief by swatting Big Z's toes." Never a dull moment with those two.

The mechanic kept her manners mainly on alert, both unsure and hopeful that Aya didn't mind the flaws. Although Jo may never admit directly to the vampiress, the mechanic tried her hardest not to disappoint Aya concerning ladylike, or perceived to be unladylike, behavior. She didn't want to come off as a slouch! "In our years he turns another year older, but in his it's more like... ten percent of a year." Jo also wasn't certain about how Big Z's people counted age. He tried to explain once but it was still a fairly foreign concept. Oh good! Aya brought the tea and snacks. Er... what is considered proper etiquette again?

"T-Thank you," she quickly said, trying to be as careful as she could with Aya's tray and utensils. Maybe two drops of honey will do the trick... Wait, what was that?

Jo picked up her cup at last, stirring the contents within. "Ask... questions?" Sounded pretty simple but with Big Z nothing was ever simple. "I've tried to ask questions before," Jo said, pausing to have a sip. Ouch, still hot. Don't waste any! "Mm, that's... that's certainly fresh." AKA: burned her tongue, but not too bad. Jo rested the cup upon her lap, letting its warmth heat up her hands. "Don't get me wrong, Aya. We are very close, but our relationship is barely three years come this... late spring? Something like that. Anyway, I know things about Big Z but sometimes I don't know Big Z." If... that makes any sense. Jo made a little face at Aya's other questions -- not to be rude or find anything upsetting, but rather... to think. It was a thoughtful expression. "I... would actually like to discuss some good options for Big Z. I know a gift is not all about materialism, but I do want it to be somewhat meaningful. It's just... hard considering who I am trying to shop for." But if Aya could help Jo out? She would be extremely grateful.

Another sip, another thought.

"I guess... Big Z is pretty covetous of his personal aspects, but I think we can solve something," Jo agreed. She didn't know everything about him, and she probably never will. "Where should we start?"
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:41 am

Had Aya known Jo was so worried over her opinions, Aya would have reassured her that no one would have to act a certain way in her presence. Not that the inclination to try and mind manners didn't flatter and touch her so deeply. She would much rather have someone be themselves for what else could they be than that? Have no worries, you were accomplishing quite the feat in Aya's eyes and truth be told you were doing a spectacular job at achieving an impressive ladylike behavior. She quirked a brow in hearing how slowly Zurg actually aged in comparison to them. "Good gracious! Ten percent? This must make counting how many candles to place on a cake quite the task." She mused on it, then remembered that he couldn't even ingest that cake...maybe a jar of Kev's excretions with candles stuck on top would suit him far better than a sugar treat of death.

"Hmmm..." She hummed quietly in thought, mulling over what Jo had to say. It was something easily understood, you could know about someone but then not know them. However, a relationship such as theirs wasn't so readily aided like any others. They had an entire dynamic all to themselves. "I understand, Jo. You do not have to worry about that." She didn't want to seem like she was trying to imply anything, goodness knows that was not her intent. Though upon seeing those faces had made her think she had said the wrong things, but it seemed her friend was reflecting her own musings. "And I would be more than happy to discuss it with you. And I think any gift from you to him, will certainly have plenty of meaning regardless of what it turns out to be. I suppose we'll just have to bat around a few ideas for him, yes?" Now that she was here, you could bet your bottom dollar she was going to try her very best to help Jo to the best of her abilities.

Aya's fingers tapped on her knee in response to Jo's inquiry, as she ponder briefly to where they could start for someone as Jo had best put it as 'covetous' as Zurg."A good place to start, would be with hobbies or things that hold deep meaning to him. Can you think of anything like that?" The only hobbies she could even currently think of were Gardening. Maybe he could be bought a lovely sunhat, to make sure his head didn't bake away in the sun's rays.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:27 pm

"That would make two-hundred-and-fifty-six candles on his cake; and believe me, Aya, that is a lot of candles." But knowing Big Z's impressive lung capacity he could blow all of those in one good puff. He would also like Kev's nasty goop, too~! Eugh, which was really gross for Jo to discover in the pantry, by the way. You know he tried getting her to have a taste? No thanks! That was almost as bad as his caterpillar poop drink! Anyway, back to drinking tea and discussing things between two women.

By now her drink was comfortably warm, Jo no longer having to worry about burning her tongue each sip. "What don't I have to worry about?" she asked, feeling as if she missed something. Jo, unlike Aya, was still fairly young. You could kinda call her naive if you wanted to, but don't count out the mechanic's rough upbringing! She was street-smart but maybe not book-smart or even man-smart. Jo tried her hardest, though. "And I really appreciate you trying to help me," she smiled. "I've been wracking my brain around this riddle for weeks!" See, Big Z? Jo didn't wait til the last minute on everything; just on things to get your moozle~! Oh, hobbies? Jo quit her internal musings and looked up at the ceiling in contemplation. "Hobbies, hobbies, hobbies... Well, he does like to garden, knit, cook, weave, paint, and... Craters, he's real artsy-fartsy, let's just put it that way." Jo had thought about doing something related to his interests, but... where to even begin? This was like the tip of an iceberg!

"Everything I've thought about getting him, he already has. And not only that, but I wouldn't be able to tell quality materials from cheap ones. He's got his own particular tastes and methods regarding these things." Jo could only sigh, already defeated. "I would like to get him something for his hobbies, but I don't think it's manageable. He's... got his own quirks." Did that make sense?
    Aya Valentine
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Aya Valentine on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:42 am

"...My...I had forgotten how old he was turning. Quite a hefty number. Maybe just candles shaped like numbers would suit that venture best." She could only briefly imagine how long it would take to light over two hundred candles without them all melting into little pools of wax. But the Kev excrement jar still sounded like a plan, however she wasn't going to be the one to go and collect it. She'd wrap a nice bow on it, but that is as far as it would go. Tea talk, yes, tea that Aya should have let cool for a few moments to avoid the painful scalding. "I mean you do not have to worry about me getting anything wrong. And believe me I am more than happy to be of help! Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of this riddle together." She smiled in return, settling back in her seat awaiting Jo to find her answer.

So, Zurg was artsy-fartsy? Hm, she knew he had an affinity for crafts, he had payed her a visit for fabric once even if it was quite the venture the whole way out in the Forest. "Perhaps, seeing as Zurg is quite artistically inclined then it maybe best try try and shape the gift around that." A reasonable place to begin a riddle, however she did have a point when it came to taste differing between the two. Humming in thought she looked to Jo then the ceiling musing on what was said, noting the change in the mechanic's demeanor. "This does make things a smidgeon more difficult, but not wholly so. If you would like to get him things for his hobbies, how about fabrics? I have a good stock and would be more than happy to help pick quality ones out with you." The more this gift was spoken of, the harder it seemed to become. It wasn't as though shopping for Zurg was like the seven labors of Hercules but it was bent on trying to be a close second. "Regardless of his quirks, I am still certain that a perfect gift can be given to him. Don't give up quite yet, all right?"

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:38 am

"Yeah, he's an old fart." But don't let him hear you say that~! Big Z was sensitive about being compared to a geezer. And it was a relief to hear that Aya was willing to help, because Jo had been stumped for so long... "Thanks Aya. It's good to know I can count on you for something like this," Jo replied, grateful. Maybe together they can figure something out -- something that outta fit the bill just fine. "Fabrics, huh?" Hmm... She did recall how he crafted a most lovely set of robes one year. Didn't he get the material from Aya? Yeah, he must have!

That's when Jo's eyes lit up and the mechanic was struck with an idea. Brace yourselves! A brainstorm was coming. "I think you're onto something, Aya," Jo said with a widening smile. "He always complains to me about how cotton or nylon feels upon his skin, so maybe he'd appreciate something he won't complain about." But what? This is where Jo had herself another sip, letting the tea's warmth power up her thinking cap. "Hmm..." Think, Jo, think. What would Big Z like to wear and not fuss about? She strangely thought about an ugly Holiday sweater, picturing him itching like mad. "Hee, hee, hee~!" A most evil cackle. But she quickly calmed down and tried to be serious. "Well, maybe he would like something more... practical," she thought aloud. "He does a lot of work in both the front and backyard -- oh, and also the shed. It'd be a shame to let his robes suffer so much abuse." To her they were just robes, but the fabric... So soft and regal! Washing them continuously because he had nothing else to wear was a poor excuse.

"What if we make him something useful, like... something sturdy?" she asked. Although what that could be... Eh, maybe two heads were better than one.

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:32 am