Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Need a Hand?

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:33 pm

Time: 11: 25 AM
    Date: October 24th, 2012

The sun was nearly over the edge of the mountains, birds flying and gathering their flocks for the coming migration, while other small animals hurriedly scurried about. Among them was a larger creature, though his interest was hardly that of gathering food or friends for the winter. A trail of subtle footprints curved up the mountain, the local wildlife fleeing in the face of an unknown intruder to their habitats. The invisible creature did not seem to mind though, as it ignored their protests and kept stubbornly to its decided path. Soon, the lumbering specter's winding path lead it to the open maw of a cave, the footprints soon disappearing into it, swallowed by the damp dark.

Further down the tunnel, the specter started to take on a slight glow, before finally fading into view. It's transparent form was replaced with a sturdy, crimson hide, covering an equally formidable body. Burning eyes came to view shortly after, glowing like fire as they illuminated the path before him. Any fool would recognize that this was the form of none other than the demon prince, as he lumbered through the dark tunnels of stone. A turn here and a turn there, Prixlezub made his way further down into the caves, something clutched firmly in his maw and cradled in his horns. As he neared the end of the path, the demon prince stepped into a large geode, its ceiling covered in luminescent creatures and the floor equally dotted with glowing mushrooms.

To the center though, was his true purpose for arriving here.

Prixlezub lumbered towards his captive, gently depositing a freshly killed cow on the smooth floor of the cave. "Greetings, Minion I have returned with some more of your flakes, I managed to find your preferred flavor in bulk, along with a few different flavors if you become tired of this one. As well, I have brought you some fresh meat. You may choose your cut from the beast." He stated, lowering his head to the floor and letting the bulky bags of fish flakes slide off.

On his other horn, the demon seemed to have a canister of some sort tied to it, which the demon cut free with a claw. Lowering the large, metallic tank of water to the floor of the cave as well, Prixlezub carefully maneuvered it from his horns before sitting on the cavern floor, looking over his work. "I have also found a tankard for your water and filled it, so we do not have to worry about making so many trips." He added, sounding quite content with his work.

And why not? It must have taken the demon quite a journey to get a tank that big!
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Re: Need a Hand?

Post by Minion on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:14 am

The thing that Minion probably disliked most about these caves was how...quiet it was. He was no stranger to quiet, no. And with the upbringing that he and Megamind got, he was used to not having many people to talk to. Even then though, he did have someone to talk to, in the form of Megamind! And he liked to talk to others too, such as Mrs Ritchi back when she was their frequent kidnappee! Honestly, he thought of himself to be quite a social alien fish.

Which again, was why he disliked these caves. He couldn't even move this robotic suit, and the construct Prixlezub had left behind for him couldn't talk, and if anything was more of a one way walkie talkie. Sure, if he was that desperate to end this quiet, he could talk at the construct, but Prixlezub could hear whatever he'd say to it, and something told him that the car demon would be most unamused to hear a constant chatter from him. Just as a happy hostage made a hostage situation a stable one, so did a happy kidnapper make the situation a stable one.

In some ways, Minion was still at odds in trying to understand Prixlezub. The only times they had met before had been during antagonistic fights between him and Megamind, so he was used to the battle hungry, fierce warrior. It was that fire blowing, fanged, intimidating form that he was used to, and the first thing that came to mind whenever he thought about what angering Prixlezub might do. He most certainly didn't want to die. He was beginning to get used to the fact though, that Prixlezub was different when outside of a fight. He was calm, and gentle, and casual. Of course, why wouldn't he be? He was a hostage.

Still, as he drifted at the bottom of his tank, he couldn't help but get a bit happier when he saw the telltale light in the tunnel. If Prixlezub was here, it wouldn't be so quiet, or lonely! He couldn't even tell how long he'd been here. A few days, a week or two? Nevertheless, his fins fluttered a little faster and he swam to the middle of his tank, waiting patiently for him to arrive. And oh boy, when he arrived, the demon was carrying a great many things in his grasp! The cow in particular grabbed his attention, his eyes darting down to its freshly killed form, hungrily eyeing the meat.

He sent the demon a toothy smile as he returned his greeting. "Good morning Mr. Prixlezub! I hope you didn't run into any trouble in the city!" How generous! It seems Prixlezub went above and beyond in supplying his hostage with the required food and water. He'd slain a cow, acquired several containers of those fish flakes, even in different flavors at that, and had even gotten a sizable tank and filled it with water! "Ah, that's a very clever idea, Mr. Prixlezub! Very good use of hindsight." He complimented politely, eyes soon going back to that cow. He was used to buying the meat from a cow straight from a store's butcher, but he still knew the cuts of a cow. And he knew what he wanted.

"Thank you for supplying me with food and fresh water, Mr. Prixlezub! I think it would be wise to start off with the cow, before the meat has a chance to go bad. As for the cut, I would like the sirloin, please!" Mmm...sirloin...he looked back up at Prixlezub, almost curious. "Have you already eaten today?" After all, a body that big? Prixlezub likely needed to eat a lot of meat to keep himself going. Would he be partaking in this cow as well?
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:07 am

The demon's gaze briefly fixed on the space fish's eager gaze, at first seemingly happy to see his return, and the next one of hunger. So, his captive managed to work up quite an appetite during his short errand? Good, then those large bags of fish food would not go to waste. Prixlezub gave a small nod to Minion's greeting, though, with the way he had been staring the demon wondered just how fast the fish's metabolism truly was. A glance to the side of the cave revealed a few empty bags of fish flakes, and a water jug he used over the previous days. Turning his gaze back to the cow, the demon figured that his hungry gaze was not only for a fresh meal.

It was not everyday that one gets fresh beef for breakfast.

"I had no trouble on my travels, Minion. Though your concern is appreciated." Prixlezub rumbled courteously. "I am glad to see that you are pleased with what I have brought back. With that expression on your face, I wonder just what you are used to prior to arriving here."

Wouldn't that be a laugh, a kidnapper treating his captive better than he was at home! The demon prince inwardly chuckled, as he picked up the dead bovine with a claw. So, the fish desired sirloin? Oho, it seemed Minion had taste. Prixlezub gave a slight incline of his head as he looked over the hanging bovine, before maneuvering a curved claw over the requested area. Below it, the demon positioned his tail blade like a table for catching said meat when it came off the animal. Digging the talon just behind the ribs, Prixlezub precisely and quickly drew it down the side of the cow, steam and smoke rolling up as the cut was lightly seared from the contact.

"You need not worry about whether I have fed or not, prey is plenty enough here." Prixlezub replied, his gaze kept on the cow as he carved its meat. "With the way you nearly jumped from your tank upon seeing my treat to you, I could ask the same thing." He finished with a warm chuckle.

It took only a few seconds for the demon to make the cut Minion wanted, as a chunk of the cow's sirloin flopped onto the demon's blade. Oho, it certainly was fresh, given the hearty, bloody splat it made as it hit the blade's metal. Turning his head to the fiery construct, the prince's language changed as it did before, a rumbling, growling language shaking the air as he spoke with the small plume of fire between them. It merely replied with a nod of its flaming body, before the prince set his blade over the arcane servant.

"So Minion," The prince stated as his blade began to grow hot from the fire. "I trust you slept well during the night?"
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Indeed, it was not everyday one has cow or beef for breakfast. Standard breakfast food was somewhat bland, in all honesty. Any meats that were used in breakfast foods were usually fried, and while fried foods could definitely be delicious with moderation, too much of it made him sick.

He nodded back to Prixlezub, as if to say nonverbally that the concern was natural, and paid attention to what else the demon said. Oh, it was great to have the deafening silence of the caves be replaced by the rumbles of the Car Demon. "That's good to hear! I'd hate for you to run into some trouble and get delayed, or even worse, possibly killed in some ensuing battle." If Prixlezub died, Minion wouldn't be too far behind. He was a little unnerved by just how much his own survival hinged on Prixlezub. If something went wrong, Minion would be stuck in these caves until he died of starvation. It was good that he'd be able to come back, death was different in Portal Breach after all, but Minion had yet to die, and he'd rather not have to face that possibility just yet.

"I usually just treated myself to the fish flakes I had and a serving or two of whatever I've made for Mrs Ritchi and Sir. I can't say they've ever eaten too much steak before...not unless its a special occasion." Steak, especially sirloin, was saved for special times to make it even more special, although that didn't keep him from greatly craving for it sometimes, such as now.

He watched with great interest as Prixlezub grabbed the cow with his claw, and the sight of it made it more familiar to a butcher shop. Dead meat hanging off a hook, at least this one still had its hide! Although he did feel a bit bad for it. Seeing a corpse of a cow was different than the meat patties sold at stores. Of course, everything needs food. As long as the cow didn't go bad, its body wouldn't go to waste! The slight sizzle of Prixlezub's claw as it cut into the meat would have sent him drooling, if he weren't a fish. Still yet, he kept his eyes on the cut, impressed as well by Prixlezub's knowledge of cuts. Did he ever cut up a cow before eating it? Or did he prefer the simple route and just gobbled it whole?

"I see! What types of prey do you usually hunt for?" He hoped the answer wouldn't be humans...that'd be a little too awkward. "I finished off what was left of some fish flakes, but there wasn't a lot leftover." Prixlezub's errand run was well-timed then. The cut finally fell and landed on Prixlezub's blade with a splat, and as he looked over the bloody chunk of meat, he found himself wishing he had some spices. Oh, he could really spice that up and make it delicious and savory...but the meat by itself was pretty great too. His eyes darted to Prixlezub and the construct as he spoke with it in his native language again, the construct answering with a simple nod. It made him curious about what they were talking of. As Prixlezub positioned his tail over it though, and the blade began to get hot to cook the meat, it seems he must have been asking permission to do so.

"Oh yes! I slept pretty good, how about you?" With the suit's functions being shorted out, he couldn't quite activate his castle to sleep in. But the tank itself was fine as well, he couldn't complain!
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Prixlezub gave a low chuckle, keeping his blade hovering over the fire. The fish worried that he would get killed on his errand? It certainly was an interesting topic of worry, given the prince's fighting history. If anything the demon had thought his captive would have worried about others getting killed by him. Although, given the fish's previous living conditions, and the fact the demon was now his caretaker for now, it certainly was not so far fetched that he would be worried about his kidnapper. Though, the demon could not help but ponder if it also had something to do with Minion's previous housemate.

The one who seemed to have a penchant for tripping over tables.

"I assure you, Minion, it would take quite a powerful force to deter me from returning." He reassured his captive. If the prince was able to survive to his grand age of a few billion years, running an errand for his captive was nothing at all.

Prixlezub listened as his captive divulged into the habits of his home, all too familiar with the mortals and their strange customs with meat. It reminded him of his more exploratory times in the Material Plane, though at the time he was visiting, it was still more a custom among the lower ranking folk than the royals. "I see. And I presume that with your duties the steak you dined on was prepared by yourself as well. Unless special occasions for your home were indeed special enough to allow you some rest from preparing food for the others in your house." The demon paused a little, the sounds of steak sizzling upon his blade filling the silence. "How often do you prepare food for Roxanne and Megamind? The way you describe it seems like you do such tasks fairly often."

The topic soon changed back to the demon prince again, a thoughtful rumble shook the air as he shortly pondered Minion's question. "I hunt many things, preferably the beasts in the wilderness, though if I wish for something quick I will hunt elsewhere." The demon replied. "I figured you were running low on provisions. I shall have to get food in bulk more often for you."

Prixlezub preferred sleeping in his own domain as well, but as long as he had a captive, the demon was not about to let them stay down here alone. It simply was not responsible hostage taking. "I rested well myself. This place is reminiscent to my own sleeping quarters, though with more... Guests." Prixlezub rumbled, keeping an eye on the steak as it continued to cook.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:49 pm

The demon chuckled and insisted that it would take something very strong and powerful to keep him from coming back, probably even moreso to actually kill him. Had Prixlezub even died yet? He knew their battles definitely didn't end in his death. In fact, no matter what tricks they came up with, he managed to fight despite it. That was indeed reassuring...if very few things could stop Prixlezub, then he would always come back, which meant he would not starve to death in here. His body relaxed visibly and he nodded to show he understood.

"Well, sometimes we'll order out but...usually I'd prepare and cook it." He listened to the sizzling of the meat, and sniffed a few times to smell it cooking, oh he could not wait to eat it! But the present topic was beginning to quash his appetite. "Well, I DO do it fairly often...Mrs. Ritchi tried to cook once and the pizza came out half burnt, half frozen. Somehow. I'm not entirely sure how that happened at all. And the less said about Sir's attempts to cook, the better." Sometimes it was as if technology just didn't agree with Megamind, the way he made most things explode. Especially odd since Minion remembered that it didn't use to be that way. There was the occasional explosion, yes, but it had gone from occasional to weekly, sometimes daily.

Hunting in the wilderness? That sounded quite exciting. "What sorts of prey did you find out there?" Did he eat creatures such as bears, or did he find larger game to feast upon? "I shall try to make this latest food last longer. Good!" He smiled sheepishly as Prixlezub mentioned not being used to guests. After all, as a car demon he must not have many house mates. Did he have a house? "I can't say I'm exactly used to sleeping in a cave, but its better than nothing! And the construct is good at keeping it comfortable in here, so I don't really mind it!" So long as the car demon was here of course. He couldn't help but wonder when Megamind would realize he was gone, when he would look for him, and whether he would find him.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:11 pm

While the freshly cut sirloin continued to sizzle, Prixlezub listened to the fish's tale of culinary habits. It was quite interesting, if not insightful to the ex-mastermind's true nature, especially when it was mentioned that neither of them seemed to be able to cook. A pizza that became half burnt and half frozen at the girlfriend's attempts to cook? The demon prince was not intimately familiar with what a pizza exactly was, but he figured that any food is not supposed to be two extremes at once. The demon made a disappointed sigh as he flicked his tail blade, the steak flipping off the now grimy metal, before landing right back on the prince's blade again. The cooked side now faced up, simmering with juices as the still raw side now had a turn to cook properly.

"That sounds simply pathetic of them." The demon rumbled, shifting his blade over the fire. "I expected that someone who was once one of my more competent rivals would know how to cook for himself. Given the sorts of things you and him used to send against me during our fights. Have neither of them tried to learn some culinary skills during their life?"

If Megamind had the time and resources to build such machinations of destruction, surely he had the time to learn cooking, maybe from Minion even if he was so interested in it. The demon prince gave a few moments of pondering to this rather interesting fact about his ex-rival, before being interrupted once more by Minion's questions. Oh, so the fish wished to know what sorts of animals the demon prince hunted? Prixlezub tapped his claws upon the floor of the cave, the heavy clicking noise echoing about the chamber.

"Hmm, I tend to find large game if I can, usually bears or large elk. Though recently I have taken interest in hunting the game around my domain; Polar bears, seals, walrus... Among a few other creatures that I have yet to identify properly." Prixlezub rumbled, though he was not apt to stare hungrily at the rest of the cow. "Perhaps if you are willing to try some, I could bring you back some meat from such game. Venison especially tastes good, from what I hear."

The demon could not help but give an amused look at his captive and their outlook on the cave. "You certainly keep to the silver lining, don't you?" Prixlezub replied, glancing back down to the steak to supervise its cooking. "...Your breakfast should nearly be done, only a few minutes longer."

And that steak was looking mighty juicy, just look at all the flavorful liquid pooling around it, sizzling, steaming.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:18 am

The fish followed the steak as it flipped in the air, and watched the cooked side pop and sizzle as the juices ran freely from it. His mouth opened slightly and he licked his lips, it was so perfectly browned too! Oh, not much longer, Minion, not much longer! The sigh caught his 'ears' though and he blinked as Prixlezub spoke once more.

Pathetic was a...strong word. He could not deny though, that it was strange to him that Roxanne was so terrible at cooking, ghastly enough to burn half of a pizza in the microwave while the other was left an icesicle. That was a real achievement. It made him wonder how she had managed to survive so long, living on her own, when her cooking was so terribly. Guess she wasn't as independent as he had thought.

"Well, we didn't usually have time or the ability to just teach Sir how to cook, for a large part of our life. We grew up in a Prison, and only orderlies helped in the kitchen there, then as he got older, he was usually on the run and in and out of the prison. It was on my down time, waiting for his instructions, that I taught myself to cook. However, I HAD thought that Mrs Ritchi had known how to cook for herself...and she seemed to before, at least." He shrugged to himself a bit. "When we first arrived here, Sir had expressed interest in me teaching him, although with you we, heh, never got around to it much, and he didn't seem to have the patience for it. Perhaps since I knew how to cook, he didn't see any reason to learn for himself."

He listened with interest as Prixlezub began to talk of his prey of choice. Bears were expected, elk too, but polar bears, seals, walruses? "Oh, is your home up in the Icelands then?" Some of them sounded a bit odd, and he wasn't sure if he might like the taste or not, but venison, he had likewise heard was quite delicious. "Perhaps some venison would be good! I've heard about it being delicious as well!" All this talk of meats brought his appetite back with a vengeance.

The demon's amused look was matched with a chuckle from Minion. "I guess I do! I've never been one to focus on the bad stuff going on anyways. I always tried making the best of any situation." Although he had his own exasperated moments, such as shortly before 'killing' Metro Man. All of those losses were really beginning to get to him. He grinned eagerly as the demon reported that the steak would be ready in mere minutes. "Ooh, I can hardly wait! It looks and smells delicious!" Wonder if it'd be as juicy and tender as it looks?
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:02 pm

The steak's flip became herald to the space fish's turn for speech, as Prixlezub quietly listened to Minion's statements. Of course, the prince figured the loyal minion would speak in defense of his master. Though, as the fish went on, he could only wonder how Minion did not see the obvious! The demon could understand Megamind's inability to learn during their initial rivalry, but now, when there was nothing that was of real challenge or strife? Surely the man was not so busy that he could not learn to make even the most basic of foods in his spare time.

"Ah yes, I can see why your master had not been able to learn previously. However, to hear that he is unable to cook simply because you can, that seems strangely dependent for a man of his age and intelligence. I have come across many men who are quite able to take care of themselves, and most were of a lower intelligence than your "Sir". And Miss Ritchi? For shame, she was such an independent and confident woman. I did not expect her to have such poor skills." He rumbled, smoke pluming from his grill incredulously. "It almost sounds like they do not wish to learn simply out of convenience and laziness. What other chores do they have you perform? Carrying laundry, cleaning house perhaps?"

The demon would expect such dowdy labor, given what he had heard so far.

Glancing back down to the steak, Prixlezub watched as it sizzled, a low rumble permeating the air. Then, he turned his head to the side, letting forth a short blast of bright fire on the cave floor. While Minon spoke some more, the demon began to mold a shape from the now molten stone, letting the steak cook a little longer. A small grin quirked the prince's otherwise stiff features, glancing over to Minion as he replied. "Yes, you are quite correct. I had decided that for all the desolation of the wastelands, it was strangely cramped." The demon explained, molding the stone up before flattening it out on the top. "If you wish, tomorrow I could bring back some deer so you can try some."

By now the demon had finished his small molding project, a stone table now cooling to a deep, blackened color next to the fiery construct. And it seemed the steak was done as well, the demon's blade removing itself from the fire and tilting to show the juicy, cooked meat to Minion. "If my experience is correct, the meat should have some pink in the middle." He stated thoughtfully. "How many steaks would you like?"

The demon had cut off the entire sirloin of Minion's cow, and given the fish's size, Prixlezub was not sure if the fish could eat a whole, un-sectioned cut.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:26 pm

Dependent, yes...the both of them were very dependent on him, weren't they? Dependent on their Nannyfish. He went quiet, still listening, but unable to tell himself that he wasn't a Nannyfish now. He made clothes for them, washed the clothes, made their food, cleaned the dishes, cleaned the lair...that was the job of a butler. A nanny for children. He would not have minded it so much, if not for that nagging, growing, increasing distance he felt. He liked working in the lair with Megamind. He didn't mind it at all, never minded it this whole time, and without even asking him or running the idea by him he suddenly hired a young teenager, later two, to work for him instead. He said it was for more time to himself, but his time to himself was housework. He preferred time to Megamind, and not just for those sad times, sad times that had been coming more increasingly ever since he'd first arrived here. Always getting injured, always going through some peril, and even then, sometimes he didn't even need Minion's broad shoulders for support, he had friends and colleagues now. He'd gotten a new job with Blackcat, another decision Minion only found out about after the fact.

The demon guessed at more chores and work he did around the house, and he avoided the demon's multi-eyed gaze. "Yeah...its not that bad though, I didn't mind it before, but...its all I do now, save for a secret project here and there with him. And even then, he's busy working for Blackcat now. He has a lab there. And his lab at the lair, he hired two other people to work for him. He never even asks me before he does these things! I'd just...like to know about it before it happens! Its like we barely talk anymore..." He didn't want to say that, especially to Prixlezub, his kidnapper of all people, but he just...sounded like he knew. Like he understood. And its not like he talked to a lot of people outside of the lair a lot. And to complain about his life at work was unprofessional.

He blinked in surprise as Prixlezub suddenly blew fire at the stone of the ground, and, with its softened form, began to mold it into something. A...table? Perhaps something to better slice and serve the sirloin. "The Icelands do seem like they'd be larger and roomier. Although I'm surprised the ice and snow isn't a problem for you, seeing how you are quite...fiery! But then again maybe the stuff just melts around you." He said with a half-shrug to himself. He continued watching Prix's work with the stone before sending him a nod. "That sounds great, thank you!" He turned back to that delicious meat, mmm it was most juicy now, nearly done! Indeed, not long after the table was finished, the meat on his tail was moved towards himself for him to see, eyes widening at the thick, juicy, plump piece of meat. "Your experience is correct, those are some of the best kinds of steak! The pink in the middle makes it so tender..."

And now for the slicing of that whole chunk! He tilted to the side a bit, pondering. "Two smaller ones to start off with, just as a starting point. Your construct can have some too! If it uh...even eats that is..." Closer and closer, that tempting steak would seen be in his teeth.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Yes, Minion, let it all sink in. Prixlezub glanced over at the cooling table, which now had a glassy, dark hue to it instead of a dull red glow. It did not feel good to be reduced to number two fish instead of right hand assistant, an ex-partner in crime. The demon tilted his blade and let the cooked meat slide onto the table, a steaming trail of juices left on the fearsome weapon turned frying station. He looked back to Minion as the fish tilted his head away, thoughtfully mulling over admitted woes. The demon was already seeing what was happening before his captive before the fish even admitted it. For Minion to finally start putting pieces together, it was only inevitable.

Prixlezub nodded, curling his large blade behind him and settling on his belly before the paralyzed fish. "It sounds like you are being pushed aside in favor of his interests." The demon rumbled thoughtfully. "Demoted from a rather close position as his personal assistant, a duo, to a mere house-hand. He hires others to do the work you once did without fail, he now refrains from communicating with you for input other than his dinner, his work that he would rather not do. He barely talks anymore as well? Hmm, I believe I know what he is intending..."

Well, Minion? It was all laid out before you; the hired help, loss of communication, being swept aside. You knew the demon could see quite clearly with his many, burning eyes, even if your own blindness was brought on by fear. A fear the prince could see quite well. Were you ready to face it, or would you rather sit in the dark a little longer?

The topic was brought back around to the icelands, the large demon giving an affirmative thrum as he was dragged from his thoughts. "The snow can be bothersome at times, but I have figured means to deal with it. For the small trifle, however, there is much beauty. I have seen great, colorful bands of light swirling about the sky at night on my travels. An Aurora as the humans call it." He rumbled, checking the steak with a glance before returning his gaze to Minion. "You are quite welcome, and given the amount of deer around the forests, it should be nary a problem."

It seemed the fish wished to start small with his meal, understandable given his size. Prixlezub nodded and gently brought the edge of his blade down on the chunk of meat, slicing off a tender portion and pulling it away before slicing that one in half. Steam rose from the freshly cooked meat, revealing a juicy, pink interior and an equally enticing brown, cooked color outside. He slid the two portions upon the flat of his blade, leaning it closely over the top of the fish tank for his captive to inspect and take at his leisure.

"There is no need to worry about the construct, they do not eat like you and me. "He reassured Minion. "You may take whichever piece you desire."
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 am

The puzzle pieces he had tried to hide from himself, he was piecing it together. Gingerly grabbing the pieces and making the shape of something he refused to see. They'd known each other for so long, it couldn't be true. For so long it had just been the two of them, it couldn't be true. They were the last remnants of their shared home Planet, he was given to Megamind and gifted the duty of taking care of him where his parents could not and he'd been so loyal to him through everything. It could not be true.

He listened to the demon's words, like a lamp shining on that puzzle he didn't want to see. It was becoming clearer. Visible. Could it be true... He swallowed heavily and looked up at Prixlezub. "I-intending? What could he possibly be intending?" Replacing him? Shoving him aside? Minion becoming stuck in a role he once enjoyed, as one of several, and now was the only one for him? "He has...changed, this past year...maybe..." He trailed off. At the brink of clarity, he backed off. It couldn't be true, it couldn't, and he wouldn't accept it. Yet.

"He can't possibly be intending anything. He's just caught up in his work. That's all. Thank you for listening though, Mr. Prixlezub. I'm just worrying over nothing." His concerns were swept away and replaced by a smile of denial. And instead, he listened to Prixlezub as he continued.

"Oh yes, the Aurora Borealis! Although since this place isn't entirely like Earth, it might be as you said, just an Aurora. The Borealis denoted that the lights were in the North Pole, as Earth also had a South Pole, and to my knowledge the Icelands up north are the only Icelands." He nodded back at Prixlezub mentioned that getting the deer wouldn't be a problem.

The demon sliced off a sizable piece and sliced that in half, producing pieces most plump and juicy. He slid the pieces on the blade of his tail and brought them close to his tank for him to see, and his answer was a hungry gaze and a widened grin, the fish unintentionally showing off every sharp tooth as he eyed that meet, a more predator instinct that lay in his genes showing itself. "That is good to hear." More for him!
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:05 pm

A simple, tiny prod. That was all it took to reinforce the prince's thoughts. Though, the fish would not find any revealing expressions upon his kidnapper's face, the natural steely look acting as a veil to Prixlezub's thoughts. All the while his fiery eyes soaked up the display of dismay and obvious insecurity that the fish allowed through. His clarity was building, but at the same time, it starved. Not in the way of the dumb and incompetent, but in the way of a forced cutoff.

"..." Aside from the plumes of smoke from the prince's grill, he remained silent throughout Minion's denial. Inevitable, but a start. To force clarity upon the fish now would undoubtedly bring chaos, possibly sending his captive into an outrage that could send the demon back to square one. He was getting closer, but not close enough yet. That pool of thought was left to retire, as the demon prince returned from his pondering, meeting his captive with a glance of worry over his burning eyes. To Minion's possible relief, the demon did not pursue his quarry further. Now was the time to stay back and observe. "If you believe so. Nothings do seem to enjoy parading around as something of real concern, hm?" He rumbled, turning his gaze to his blade as he lightly tilted it over Minion's tank. "Perhaps it is early for such discussions, a meal is much more fitting."

And more attractive than such ugly topics.

"I have noticed as well that this place seems to be lacking in such cold areas. And stranger still I have noticed that the wastelands actually seem... Larger, despite the occupants." He stated, a claw drumming thoughtfully on the stone floor. But an observation it was, and his territory? The demon did not worry about it getting smaller, the volcanic activity would ensure plenty of new stone and magma to tread daily.
    "Perhaps with further exploration there could be discovery of other similar areas. After all this world is round, and not flat, correct?" Prixlezub added, a lighter tone lacing his speech.

Though it seemed the fish had other ideas besides simple conversation. Prixlezub took no surprise to the display of fangs and hungry gaze, knowing full well that Minion had been eyeing the steak since he had started preparing it. Though his captive seemed to enjoy fish flakes, nothing could deny a truer path to the aquatic carnivore's heart: Juicy, tender, meat. The demon let the edge of his blade rest gently atop the space fish's dome, tilted so the meat was readily available to him. All Minion had to do was open up the tank.

Last edited by Prixlezub on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Concerns and suspicions were locked away and kept tight in the corners of his mind, not to be revisited, at least not today. He had more important things to think about then that, right? Like going home and getting away from Prixlezub, who had kidnapped him. And yet...

He ignored it and held in a sigh, glad Prixlezub was content to let the subject go. "Nothings do love to act like somethings." Such a contradiction. But that was what those worries were, they were contradictions. They were nothing. They didn't make sense! Just because Megamind and Miss Ritchi used to act one way and now act differently doesn't mean a thing! Not a thing! Focus on the food, Minion, you're hungry and its too early for this. Far too early. He gave the demon a brief nod of agreement. "Yes, thank you, much more fitting." He focused on the fresh, sizzling meat that gave off such a delicious aroma, a feat that was not hard as he stared at the chunks in all their cooked glory. He could not remember that last time they had had steak. Or gone to a restaurant that sells steak. Or...well, gone out. He sighed and tried to get his mind off the subject that kept cropping up. He focused on his food. Megamind wouldn't like for his Nannyfish to waste away, yes?

"Yes, it is a little odd that this place as very few areas that are cold or warm year round. A lot of this place seems to change with the seasons. Guess it goes with this being the Gamma of Balance, Balance implies a lot of change in order to keep it. This entire place as a whole seems huge until you see it on a map. Then it seems...smaller. I've sometimes wondered if this Gamma is even as big as Earth. It seems like its only as big as a large Country. Not anything to turn your nose up at of course! But still unexpectedly...small." Perhaps there was indeed more to see. More to find. To explore and go out in search of new areas, just for a while, might be nice. To have a real sense of accomplishment again! To do things that mattered! The idea drew a smile to his face.

"Further exploration is definitely something this place should look into." He chuckled. "Indeed not, Mr. Prixlezub! Its round and waiting for people to explore it!" Such an idea that was. Ambition, adventure. New horizons. Worlds waiting to be seen. And where was he? Where had he been for so long? A kitchen.

Focus, Minion! Focus! Food, right there! Yes, Prixlezub had rested his tail blade atop his dome, steaks sliding closer for him to get, but of course, there was the manner of opening the top up. Usually he just used a hand to tilt the turning glass part that moves, but seeing how that couldn't happen...Minion swam up to the very top, tilting himself a bit so one of his teeth could squeeze between the glass of the dome and the glass of the movable glass part. As soon as he'd managed to fit it in there, he moved his head down, prompting the opening to open up. Minion kept his position, keeping the entrance open, even as he could smell those steaks from here. Unable to precisely talk, he instead nodded slightly to show Prixlezub that he was ready for the steaks to be slid through the entrance. Almost there...
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Prixlezub gave a low hum in agreement with his captive's sentiments, his gaze still focused on the fish, but without the same fathomless stare as previously. "Indeed, indeed..." He reassured ponderously, keeping the blade of his tail resting gently upon the edge of Minion's tank. Though the demon did not intend to bring up the topic again any time soon, not when the fish did such an excellent job of mulling it over on his own.

Instead, the demon gave a small nod regarding the strange terrain of the gamma. A world which included mountains, deserts, plains and even icy tundras on the same continent. Interesting to say the least, but nothing that the prince had not encountered before on his travels, that is before he landed on this one. Though, there was one place he had not visited. "Earth? Hm, I do not believe I am familiar with such a place. I presume it was quite large, yes?" The demon rumbled curiously. For all the strange ways of the material plane it was quite similar to earth, but hardly as advanced. Though, that was a lesson for another time, and a different audience. Prixlezub could not help but pick up on his captive's amusement and interest in the idea of exploration, and he decidedly elaborated with a warm, rumbling chuckle of his own. "Yes, yes, and imagine, the different denizens that could be found, new lands to conquer and explore... pray tell, have you ever been on a voyage with Sir? I could not help but notice his very interesting designs during our previous encounters, and I wonder if you two ever went abroad. After all, I hear traveling can broaden one's perception of the world, perhaps even inspire."

Hydralicore? Hephaforgeus 2.0? The prince remembered those two well. And the battle that accompanied them was all the more amusing as a memory, despite his failure.

His attention drew back to Minion's tank, watching as the small fish worked to open it with his pointy teeth. The demon found it moderately amusing, with the way he hungrily eyed the steaks placed before him. A tilt of his blade, and a few succulent drips of steak juices flowed down the prince's tail and dripped into the fish tank, a small sample of what was to come. Though, Prixlezub was not sadistic to his captive, soon letting the chunks of freshly cooked meat fall into the tank as well, a few small splashes leaping at the edges of the glass. The fish's meal deposited, his blade was removed from the side of Minion's dome, curling up to the demon's own maw to lick the remaining juices from it. He did not need any tastebuds to know that the had done a good job with his cooking, the scent was pleasant enough.

While Minion was busy with his own meal, the demon prince turned to the rest of the cow carcass, his tongue swiping over his grill once. He could not detect much life energy left in it, and the soul had long since passed on during the return trip. However, to let it rot there was invitation to any unwanted scavengers. Remember the centipedes that lived down the other tunnel? He doubted that the fish forgot them soon either. Taking the limp body in his maw, Prixlezub tossed his head back and snapped up the bovine like it were a mere snack; bones, hide, everything. The sound of a body crunching in his maw, the scent of blood as it burned and boiled upon the innards of his fiery mouth, the demon would have savored it... If not for the fact he had a guest who still had an appetite.

The body was quickly disposed of in a swift flick of his head and a gulp, and if Minion were to listen closely, he may have heard a muffled pop and crunch shortly follow the action, before becoming silent. Prixlezub turned his head towards the fish, quite content with himself. "How are your steaks, are they to your liking?" He asked, settling upon his belly.

What good was he as chef if his own creations were inedible to his only patron?

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:59 am