Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Mr. (Dr.) Mean Is Coming Out To Play

Post by Dr. Drakken on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Time: 11:02 AM
    Date: December 7, 2012

It had been quite a long time since Drakken had last seen Jo, well other than the occasional encounter as the city's sanctuary, so he was a little excited about the idea of visiting his friend's work shop once more. Sadly it wasn't all just going to be happy fun times, though. No, he was here on business. Mad scientist business at that. He was about to show a couple of hypocritical, immature and arrogant metallic twerps what it really meant to make an enemy out of Dr. Drakken, evil genius.

Opening the door, the blue-hued villain walked inside with a firm scowl on his face. While somewhat similar to his usual expression, one could tell just by looking at him that this was different. There was an air of bitter and hard determination about him. So Rita and Metal Man decided they wanted to call on the thunder, huh? Well now they were going to get it. Looking around, he couldn't help but smile at the familiar sights and smells though. It really had been too long since last time he'd been to the Chop Shop. It looked like Jo was doing well for herself. Not too surprising as her skill set was very useful in a place like Portal Breach.

"Hello?" he called out, wondering if Jo herself, or maybe Proxy, would make appear behind the shop's counter. "I'd like to commission a delivery system for a certain something."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Mr. (Dr.) Mean Is Coming Out To Play

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Ohhhhh boy. Someone had brought the thunda' from down unda'.

Jo was faithfully at work, tinkering with something downstairs at the moment. It was a frivolous something; a little gizmo a customer had asked her to repair. Nothing too big and nothing too little -- just something. "This must be the fifth time this month I've had to fix this thing..." the mechanic quietly grumbled to herself. They just don't make 'em like they used to, huh?

??? wrote:"Hello? I'd like to commission a delivery system for a certain something."
    ...That sounded an awful lot like -- "Drakken?" Despite not having been in the Sanctuary for a large amount of time, Jo still knew her voices. Why was Drakken, of all people, coming to her shop and commissioning something? Wasn't he a mastermind evil genius? "Well, I better see what he wants," Jo decided, wiping her oily hands upon a rag. She set her work down and headed up the stairs, steel-toed boots going clomp! clomp! clomp! Sure enough, there was Drakken's blue, scowling mug awaiting her at the shop's main lobby. Wow, he looked peeved about something. Jo figured it'd be wise to play it casual and not make a nuisance of herself.

"Well, well, well... Look what the moozle dragged in~!" Okay, maybe a little teasing. She was mindful to keep her distance behind the counter, well-toned arms crossed and smile evident. "What can I do for you today, Dr. Drakken?" Jo innocently inquired. "You want a commission, is that right? And a delivery system to boot!" Jo had to play it careful here.

Dr. Drakken, despite his otherwise quirky charm, was a villain. Now, why would a villain want to commission her to work on a certain something? Didn't sound like the blue-hued man was up to any good, if you asked her. So naturally Jo was subtly apprehensive, cautious and inquisitive as to what this certain something was. "What kind of a delivery system are we talking about here?"
    Dr. Drakken
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 28

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Dr. Drakken on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Ah, there she was, the spunky resident mechanic, as lively as ever! And she didn't seem to have lost that somewhat playful and mischievous side of hers either. While Drakken didn't always mind change so much, it was nice to see that some things always stayed the same, especially in regards to the people he liked to think of as his friends.

"Yes, the moo-something..." the mad scientist replied with a slight smile. "Funny."

Now while Jo and Drakken weren't always on the same page about things he did feel there was a mutual respect between them, and her presence did help brighten the surly mood he had been in when entering a little.

"It's good to see you to, Jo." he told her, that smile of his growing wider, though in a sincere and friendly manner. It wasn't that 'creepy', unnatural smile he'd use when trying to put on a friendly, charming act. No, this was genuine. Leaning his left arm on the counter, he used his right hand to gesticulate as he started telling her more about what exactly he wanted to commission.

"A delivery system for a computer program of mine that I'm working on. Something which could spread it by letting it piggyback on any existing signals, or make use of airwaves perhaps. Now, you might be wondering why I'm not building it myself, but the truth is I am sort of on a bit of a schedule. I'm also already busy working on a new robot to use for home security and defense, so... I'm thinking of bringing that by later as well, to get some help working out any programming glitches, actually."

Leaning over the counter, Drakken arched his brow at Jo in a somewhat curious and hopeful manner. "So, what do you think? Does that sound doable? Oh! It neds to be fairly mobile by the way."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:32 pm

Hmm~! Was that a genuine smile Jo spotted across Dr. D's face?

It certainly was, and the mad scientist's disposition changed for the better. Guess he missed seeing her as she... well, okay; Jo missed seeing Dr. Drakken a little bit, too. They had some history together: both good, bad, and... sometimes a wee bit annoying. But that's how it goes with people, right? "Good to see you too, Dr. D." The mutual respect was reciprocated.

While the man listed what he needed, Jo was busy jotting down crucial details. "For a computer program, huh?" And he wanted it to spread some kind of... infectious signal? Color the mechanic purple and slap plastic horns on her, but... this sounded like Dr. Drakken wanted to release some kind of virus. Ooh, maybe not up her space alley... But she continued to play it cool, acting unsuspecting and innocent for the time being. "Sure, I can take a look at your robot when the time comes," she offhandedly replied, busy scribbling more notes in her messy handwriting. "And you want it mobile..." Yep, notes complete. Jo looked up and pressed the pen's butt upon the counter. Click!

"It sounds pretty doable," Jo agreed, pocketing the note into her overall's chest compartment. She'll keep it there for safekeeping. "I'll be needing more specifics of course; like what you prefer, what components, body construction, etc. You know, more owner feedback for the device I'm going to make for you. Oh, and what is this for, exactly? I don't think you explained."

When you date a villain, even an ex-villain, you kinda get a little suspicious of their ways. No offense to you, Dr. D; Jo just wanted to cover all the stops before going for the home run.
    Dr. Drakken
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Dr. Drakken on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:40 pm

"Mobile," The mad scientist repeated, watching his mechanic friend write down her last few notes. "By 'mobile', I don't mean that it needs wheels or anything, of course. Just that it needs to be small enough to, I don't know, fit in someone's suitcase maybe," he continued with a shrug. "You know, something someone would be able to carry with them in a piece of luggage."

Now, of course, Drakken didn't want to give too much away. Jo was a good, law-abiding citizen as far as he knew, not to mention his friend, and he wasn't about to let her be implicated in this little revenge plot of his. By involving her in the building of his transmitter he already sort of was, of course, but he knew what to do in order to change that.

"It's for... Uh, actually it's meant as a surprise for someone," he told her with a smile, feeling happy that while he was omitting the whole revenge part, he wasn't lying to her. "A very special surprise. Anyway..." sticking a hand inside his lab coat, he pulled out a USB flash drive. "The dimensions, components and overall design are all here. Don't worry about all the hardware that needs to go on the inside. I'll take care of that."

And that was about it, wasn't it?

"OH! Wait! One more thing. If you could install a holographic pojector on top of it, that would be delish."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:33 pm

Just look at that smile... Yep, he was up to something but the less Jo knew about it, the better. "So you want it easy to carry and conceal, huh?" You know, she might already have an idea as to what she can use... Jo received the USB drive when offered, and she carefully stowed it away in her overall's side pocket. "Alright, I'll see what I can do," she told him, arms back to being crossed over her chest. "Adding a holographic projector will cause this commission to take a bit longer, but I recently hired some extra help who has extensive knowledge on this subject matter~!" Jo was going to omit the name and keep that delightful little secret to herself.

But back to business! Jo reached up with a gloved hand to rub her chin, thinking. "I'm thinking that this project won't take more than three days -- four at the maximum," she said, giving him a rough estimate. "Would you like to discuss the matter of payment today, or when you receive the item in question? I can work out payment plans, such as half now and the rest later, if you'd like." The amount would, of course, depend on the effort involved but Jo was willing to extend some good faith Drakken's way.

Despite his quirky charm, the man was still a friend. She'll give him the option if he decided to take it up.
    Dr. Drakken
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Dr. Drakken on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:12 am

"I don't mind paying for it up front," the mad scientist responded, delighted. Indeed, he was very eager to get started on his little scheme, though he supposed it would have to wait until after the holidays. It was getting close to that time of the year. Soon people would be enjoying their turkey dinners and their presents and their homemade decorations and their trees and ornaments and their whim-whammers and their zoob-zooblers... But he digressed.

"How much?" he asked the mechanic, snapping back out of that particular train of thought. "Oh, and there's not too much of a hurry. I probably won't need it until after Christmas, or the Holiday as you call it."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Well Dr. D, in that case... "Alrighty! Let me just calculate this commission real quick for you."

Seeing as this was a small gizmo to make, that meant Jo didn't have to bust a gut getting a huge chassis together. The hardest part of this whole shebang would be the holographic projector, but everything else? The mechanic made a quick tally upon the store's register, double-checking with her calculator and adding it all up. "Since you came to me with plenty of time, I'm going to give you a discount." Somebody must like you~! "The total for your commission comes out to exactly 100.00PBD," she told Dr. D, now a paying customer instead of just a mad scientist. So long as Jo didn't know what this gadget was for, you were golden. Just another day on Portal Breach!

While Jo was busy jotting down this sale, she figured to ask one more question. It couldn't really hurt. "Although you've already stated this project can take time, when would it be ideal to hand you the finished product?" Jo inquired. She wanted to make sure their service was punctual. Besides, her latest employee would flip his veil if he found out the commission was delivered late.
    Dr. Drakken
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    330/330  (330/330)
    Stamina Bar:
    56/56  (56/56)

Post by Dr. Drakken on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:36 pm

"A discount?" Drakken echoed, his face lighting up a little. "Well you won't hear any objections from me." While he wasn't exactly stingy, the prospect of saving a bit of cash was always a welcome one. Saving money while still being able to unleash chaos? This was going to be the best revenge ever!

The blue-hued villain was gleefully rubbing his gloved hands together as he imagined exactly how Rita's punishment was going to unfold. It was then Jo asked if he had a deadline in mind. "Oh..." he uttered, blinking at her for a moment or two before bringing his hand up to thoughtfully rub his chin. "Well, let's say... sometime in February. I hope that works for you."

While waiting for Jo's reply, Dr. D reached into his lab coat, pulling his wallet out from the breast pocket inside. Opening it, he found the appropriate amount of money, placing it down on the lady mechanic's counter. One hundred Portal bucks well spent, he thought.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:55 am

Best revenge, huh? Just... kindly omit Jo's name out of the mastermind scheme, thanks. Anyway, February? "Hmm, a relatively quiet month," she commented. Not a whole lot happened in February, but who was she to judge? Jo shrugged, figuring it was for Drakken to know and only Drakken to know, so she gladly accepted his payment up front. "Alright, 100.00PBD it is~!" she smiled, leafing through the credits and tallying them all up quickly. Yep, all here. Jo created a neat stack with the funds and slipped them into her register.

Cha-CHING!

"You're good to go!" the mechanic said, giving Drakken a thumbs up. Not a bad encounter, right? "Stop by again in February. Your commission will be all done by then. See you later, Drakken, and take it easy!" Now all Jo needed to do in February, besides cleaning her hands, was to read the news whenever Drakken did... whatever with his device. That'll certainly be interesting to spot.

Drakken's finished commission - one mobile device capable of emitting frequencies, coming up!
    ((This can also be the last post in this thread, so up to you. It was fun!))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:53 pm