Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

By the Sea

Post by Ariana Lee on Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Time: 5:12 P.M.
    Date: November 28, 2012

Its funny how time slips away from you. The past few months had flown by for Ariana, and soon enough it was November. Barely a month from today had been when she and Jacob had died at the hands of the robotic vampire Nos-4-A2, and she was looking forward to actually spending Christmas with what few friends she had here. With the time that flew by though, she had barely seen her friends, which made her anxious. She had wanted to tell Jana how she felt for her, but whenever she tried to find the time for it, something came up. First, the Phazon Crisis, then, that weird Circus thing. And now? Someone was painting threatening messages on the walls and creating dolls of the trolls and mutilating them. This place never had time for things to just settle down, did it? At least she had something to look forward to though, in that she, Jana, and Metal were going to go to Mumbo Jumbo's and turn into kids. That promised to be fun!

Thinking of Metal and Jana made her sigh a bit as she walked down the coast of the sea, watching the waves wash upon the shore from the corner of her eye. The two had been growing very close when she'd last saw them, it was obvious that they were in love. With her failing to admit her feelings yet, and her absence, they probably grew closer and closer. She felt happy for them, honest! But she still felt a surge of jealousy at the idea of Jana being kissed by someone else. After all this time, after over a year of feeling this way for Jana, someone new came along and swept her up easily. An admittedly charismatic robot.

She sighed heavily and found a nearby rock and sat on it, facing the seaside. She definitely didn't come out here with dreams of swimming, of course not. It was November, it was far too cold to just go swimming! The very idea caused her to wrap her scarf around herself a bit tighter, moving it so it could cover her mouth. To conserve her warmth in this cold weather, she was also wearing a sweater and leggings, a beanie and a pair of boots. She glanced around the shore side, not yet seeing anyone else who was here and leaned back on the rock, leaning on her arms as she watched the steadily setting sun. At least today was a beautiful day, right?
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: By the Sea

Post by Impa on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:09 am

Impa did not typically bundle up for cold weather, especially if she was not going to be outside for a very long time. She had a rather impressive cold tolerance even without any magic aids that she could conjure, but even as that was, she did occasionally wear at least an extra layer in the event of extreme temperatures. Today was one of those rare days, and that was namely due to the fact that she knew that out by the coast, the chance for biting wind was far greater than inside the limits of the city itself. Off of the Apache Coastline as well as other areas in the Breach, this time of year and other instances of similar weather often brought cold temperatures but even more chilling winds, and as such, the Sheikah Cloak that she had acquired was perfect for visiting any of those locales.

It had been quite a while since she had ventured out to the coastline, but considering some of the mess that had been springing up around town as of late, the oceanic scenery seemed to be just the refreshing boost that the Sheikah needed. She thoroughly loved the serene nature of the forest and other locations near it, but there was just something especially peaceful about the coast… and being able to lay eyes on it for the first time in a while seemed to enhance that.

Taking a deep breath of the crisp, salty air, Impa continued her walk across the sand, soon letting her eyes close for a few moments as she took in the sounds of the waves gently washing ashore. She let out a decent sigh, right before reopening her eyes and shifting her gaze back to the sea. It was very nearly sunset, and the Sheikah couldn't help but smile slightly as she knew that the sky was nearing that form of twilight that she particularly enjoyed. Yes… visiting the shore had definitely been a great idea.

As she made her way up the coast though, she soon glanced up as she confirmed that she was not alone on this stretch of the beach. No, a rather bundled up young woman also appeared to have ventured out to the coast. Impa did not seemed to recognize her… she felt as though she might have seen her at least in passing several months ago, but nothing more past that. Regardless, whilst the young woman was on the shore, she appeared to have been swimming within her own thoughts… no matter what they had been on, the sea did have a good way of helping one sift through whatever maze his or her mind might happen to be in. Hopefully, she had managed to work through some of that… either way though, the Sheikah sensed that a greeting would be especially welcome here, so she turned slightly as she neared the group of rocks that her fellow beachgoer had taken to.

"Hello there," said Impa, nodding to the woman. "I see I'm not the only one that felt the ocean might be nice to see this evening."
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 40

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:05 am

Ariana was not alone on the shore for long however, because not long after another woman appeared. Or at least, as she watched the figure come closer, she thought she was a woman. Not that the other figure was mannish and butch, but that from the skin tone and eye color, not to mention the ears, she could tell that she wasn't human. And lets face it, when it comes to nonhuman genders, just because it looks like it could be a female doesn't mean it is one.

Once she heard the other figure speak though, she felt pretty sure that the other personwas in fact a woman. She nodded back and smiled politely, breaking eye contact with the woman just long enough to push her glasses further up her nose. In her pondering, it had drifted down her nose a bit. "I see the same. Hello to you too, miss. The oceans seemed like a nice place to sit at and think for a bit....there's a lot to think about nowadays..."

She thought about it a moment more before standing to greet the other more properly. "My name's Ariana Lee. I don't think we've met before, but if we have, I apologize." Any previous meeting between them must have been very brief, as she could not remember seeing her before.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:54 am

Smiling back to the young woman at her own greeting, Impa glanced back out the the sea for a moment, as she noted how the ocean was a good place to come visit just to think. "I agree… I've always found it to be rather peaceful, and a good place to come and collect my thoughts. … It's always refreshing to get a nice change of scenery to do so." She did not comment on the remark about there being a lot to think about tough, as she had picked up a very slight tone of personal conflict in her voice at that. If her company wished to expand on that, that was entirely up to her, but the Sage of Shadow did not feel it was her place to say anything on it.

"I don't believe we have met yet either, although I do think I have seen you around the inn," stated Impa, nodding to her. Whilst the Sheikah was entirely certain that the two of them had not yet met directly, she could not help but feel that they had crossed paths much earlier this year, even outside of the Stock Pot Inn… given the way that some events could be on the Breach though, she was not surprised at all by that possibility. In any event, the important thing was that they were meeting now. "It's nice to meet you, Ariana. I am Impa."

Thinking on it a bit more, the Sheikah found herself fairly positive that she had crossed paths with Ariana on occasion at the inn even before she had taken up the mantle of Head of Security earlier this month, and that did not include any looking over the room list that she and Link did from time to time. It was always curious how ones path could take them at the inn, but whether that led to more or fewer meetings with any particular individual, Impa supposed that that subtle, added degree of privacy was definitely one of the alluring things of the place they called home. One could have a sense of community if they so wished, but they were always able to retreat to the comfort of their own rooms whenever they wished.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:52 pm

Ariana glanced out at the ocean as well, smiling a bit. "Yeah...everything about the ocean is very peaceful. The smell, the sound, the look. When I was a kid, my parents would take me and my brother out to the beach during Spring Break..." Her tone dipped into the melancholy, but the smile didn't leave her face. She watched the waves roll in, remembering how she and her brother would just sit on the shore and wait to be pushed over by the large waves, giggling and laughing all the while. Back when things were simpler...when life was basically 'go to school, come home, be with family'. "It'd probably be better tome come here in the summer, and make full use of this place." She turned her gaze back to the other dweller of the shore, taking her in. A muscular woman, definitely not a small, weak little thing like she probably looked to be.

She nodded in agreement. "I think I may have seen you there as well." There were so many people at the inn, although Ariana usually tried avoiding them. She wasn't very good at small talk with people she didn't know...and there were a lot of people there that she didn't know. "Maybe we live on the same floor? I'm in room 307." At least the Inn had a lot of advantages over a den in the forest.

"Its nice to meet you too, Impa." She smiled, eyes glancing at Impa's ears, and pondering. "If you...don't mind me asking...what are you?" Curiosity overrode shyness, as she made conversation. Ariana wasn't terrible with people all of the time, just in public settings where there were a lot of people, such as the Sanctuary, which she found herself visiting less and less.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:10 am

Impa was not fully certain as to what Ariana meant by spring break, but as best she could surmise, it was a holiday of sorts taken from ones studies or the like in the spring. Nevertheless, she nodded in agreement with the girl's assessment of the ocean. It might not have been the same as the one she had ventured to back in Hyrule, or even Lake Hylia for that matter, but its peaceful effect was just the same.

The Sheikah did not fail to catch the subtle hint of melancholy in her companion's voice, but at the very least, she had held onto her smile. Glancing back to her at her next statement, Impa soon noted, "Quite possibly, but at least there is still much to see and enjoy no matter the season."

At Ariana's response and subsequent question regarding the inn, Impa shook her head slightly. Given her job at the Stock Pot Inn, she did know which room the young woman had, but it was a good line of thought that they might have lived on the same floor. With the way that the Hyruleans' time was often split between the two rooms on the fourth floor and the future Link's room below them, it was most assuredly a reasonable guess. "Not quite the same floor, as I live in room 421, but you've likely seen me just about anywhere there. I've kind of become the guardian of our young innkeeper, and I'm actually the Head of Security there."

Impa nodded at Ariana's returned greeting, right before smiling softly at her question. "I don't mind at all. I am a Sheikah, and I come from a world called Hyrule. Physically at least, we're rather similar to humans, save our pointed ears and red eyes. "
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:31 am

She nodded in silent agreement, even without the summer heat to give them a reason to dive in, it was still peaceful to watch the ocean waves and take in the scents. Getting outside was pretty good too, as she closed her eyes slightly and let the winds from the ocean waft over her. She took in a good breath through her nose too. She had almost forgotten how peaceful this place could be...

She looked back to Impa, frowning questioningly when she shook her head and listening as she explained. The fourth floor, then? "I see..." However, it seemed the possibility of seeing her in passing was very likely! "Oh, I never realized you were the Head of Security. Of course, when I first moved in the Head of Security was Harry Potter..." She frowned again, although it soon turned into a sort of neutral smile. "I guess you took over in his absence." 

And a Guardian of the young boy who ran the Inn! "You must be proud. He does a good job for a kid his age." And here she was expecting Impa to be an elf of some kind. A Shiekah? Couldn't say it was a species she was familiar with although then again she didn't come from a 'Hyrule'. "I see! That's interesting. The red eyes suit you well." Ariana looked down at herself and chuckled a bit, although there was a tone of nervousness there too. "I'm just a human from Earth, myself."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Whilst the coast was not a place Impa always got to visit, much like Ariana, she found it to truly be a refreshing, peaceful place.

"That's all right," noted Impa, smiling softly at Ariana's statement regarding the changing of the guard, so to speak. "I only officially took on that title at the start of this month… I had helped out in some capacity before now, but yes, you could say that. The inn is a very safe place, of course, but after recent events, Link felt that it was time to see that it was even safer than it already was. I offered to help him out, and here we are."

The departure of Harry Potter had been a sore spot for Link as well as some of Impa's other friends. She had only got to know the boy in passing, but even so… the terms of his disappearance were at the very least troubling for the pain he had left in his wake. As it stood… she herself was determined to take on the post as Head of Security even better for the sake of the Stock Pot Inn as well as those left behind.

Her smile broadening a touch at Ariana's praise for the Hero of Winds, Impa nodded, stating, "I am, yes. He's a courageous lad and I feel he's made the inn even homier than it already was."

This was not the first time the Sheikah had been told such about her eyes, but she appreciated it all the same. "Thank you." Impa caught Ariana's slight nervousness that followed her chuckle, but she simply kept her gaze steady and her expression warm. There seemed to be quite a bit more to her companion than met the eye, but even so… "Ah, of course. There seem to be quite a number of people that hail from that world… from what I've heard, it sounds rather similar yet very different to the Breach itself."
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:59 am

Wow, so she hadn't been Head of Security for very long. Though, from what she was saying, it seems it didn't matter that much. "Sounds like at this point, its just a title. You were already doing the job just about, now its on paper." That was how things were sometimes, and titles usually helped make things official. Unless you actually did the work however, the title didn't mean anything. "Yes, its very safe. i'm quite thankful for that." She smiled, and nodded in agreement. She could see why after the things that had happened, Link would want there to be more security. The Phazon crisis was prevalent on her mind. The city had been overrun by the Phazon, all of Portal Breach just about, but areas like the Inn and the Hospital got a hold of some shields. From what she had seen about how Phazon interacted with the body, she had been ever so grateful not to have been affected by it.

Ariana had not been hurt by Harry's departure. It was disheartening, since she had liked him, but when she realized he was gone, she just accepted it. Over the years as a werewolf, she had detached herself from people so she would not be hurt or would not hurt others. She had already lost her family and her friends years ago, she had to lose them. For their own safety. And over the years, she kept herself apart from people, for their own safety. Here in Portal Breach though, there were a few who she did find herself getting closer to. Harry hadn't been one of those, having met him only once.

Impa was proud of him, which was very sweet. He was a hard worker, and he deserved it. "Yes, its like a real home. Much better than the little hole I was living in before..." Although in its own way, the den she created in the woods was useful and homey too. Still, furniture was great to have, and a kitchen, and an actual bathroom! "You're welcome." She always had a slight fascination with eyes that were 'abnormal' colors, and red eyes weren't quite common. "Yes, it has its differences sometimes but its actually quite similar. A beach like this, the forests, mountains, lakes, and the city...the city has some futuristic elements to it, that seem like something from a sci fi movie, but its still quite...similar to Earth cities." It made the transitioning better.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:31 am

"That's the simple way to describe it, all right," noted Impa, nodding once more to Ariana. Granted, now that she was officially Head of Security she had set out to make even more strides to keep the inn safe, such as setting up its newer magic-based security system, but even so, she had never let the Stock Pot Inn fall from her watch. She had already done the work… and now, she was happy to be able to do even more of the work.

Returning Ariana's smile with one of her own at her statement regarding the safety of the inn, Impa said, "I'm glad. We do try our best to keep it that way." Whilst the Phazon crisis had passed a few months ago, it was still a relatively recent event, and one that was likely to haunt the citizens of the Breach for some time to come. The memories were not the easiest ones, and whilst some were certainly more challenging than others, at the very least, they had all been set to press on and move forward from them.

"Ah, I see… I'm glad you've found a nice place of your own, then." Impa nodded a bit at her companion's mention of her previous living space. It sounded as thought by little hole, she had been quite literal, but regardless, the Sheikah was glad that she had found a safe, warm home.

Nodding at the explanation about both this world and the one known as Earth, Impa glanced out across the sea for a few moments before turning back to Ariana, stating, "I see… it sounds like a very nice place. I can imagine that the similarities made adjusting to life here at least a little easier for you." The Sheikah herself was very adaptable and set to handle just about anything, but it had still been a very interesting shift from the mythical, almost medieval world of Hyrule to the far more modernized Breach.
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:43 pm

Ariana wondered if there was anything specific that came with being Head of Security. A power perhaps. After all, she doubted that Impa could keep up the safety of the inn residents just with her muscles. Not to knock the muscles that the woman had, she was definitely not weakling obviously. But sometimes you need a bit more than strength to take down people, or protect. Harry himself wasn't exactly Arnold Schwarzenegger, but he had his wand and magic. Impa was a Sheikah, a race she was unfamiliar with. Who knew what advantages she had all on her own?

"And your best is quite great, apparently!" She said with a slight smirk. The inn seemed downright impenetrable. After all, if the blue poison of Phazon could be stopped, so could just about every other attack that could come to be. Thanks to the Inn, Ariana had been one of the luckier ones. All the better for it too, since the circumstances with Alpha had still been lingering with her. She had been dead for months on end! The last thing she wanted to do was to die again, and so soon.

She chuckled a bit at Impa's nod. "Honestly, when I think about the other places I've stayed in over the years, the Inn is up there. Its free, it provides food, it has a lot of amenities. Back on Earth, you could only stay in women's shelters for free. Otherwise apartments could be expensive, and the cheaper ones usually had some sort of catch to them. Small room, previous resident being dead, roaches, it goes on." Its why after a while, she just got used to making a den and keeping to the forests. She had no rent to pay in the forests.

She watched the other woman's gaze linger on the sea before returning. "I'm used to adapting to new homes anyway. For a...while now, I've had to live alone and take care of myself. The new dimension part was new, but not too problematic." She shifted in place for a moment before looking at Impa curiously. "What was your home world like?"
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:57 am

Impa met Ariana's slight smirk with one of her own, nodding to her and stating, "Thank you." Pride came naturally for the Sheikah, especially when she knew that something she had worked for was successful, but even so, she was no braggart. As it was, the Sage of Shadow had always striven to do her best in anything she took on… whether it was guarding the princess, leading a simple training session, helping to seal the King of Evil away, or protecting the inn that she and so many others called home, she was determined to give it her all. However, to hear from a fellow resident of the inn who was not a potentially biased family member of hers, Impa was admittedly rather honored to hear such an open compliment.

Listening carefully to Ariana as she detailed how the inn compared to some other places that were available to stay in back on Earth, Impa soon nodded slowly, noting, "I see… I'm glad it's met a high rank for you, then. I have to admit, when I first arrived here, I was intrigued that such a place existed, but now, I can hardly imagine being without it." Even before she had officially become staff, the Sheikah had greatly enjoyed her time at the inn, and she was inwardly very grateful that such a warm, welcoming place could prove to be a home. Truly, in its own way, it had become just as special to her as her house in Kakariko Village and Hyrule Castle.

Impa glanced to Ariana as the younger woman mentioned how she was used to adapting to new homes, feeling a degree of sympathy for her at the undertone her voice carried regarding being on her own. Being alone was not necessarily a bad thing, nor was taking care of oneself… but the circumstances around such could vary greatly. At the very least, she seemed to have adapted here… and once more, she was glad that the inn was able to provide a good place for her to stay.

At Ariana's question, Impa smiled softly, pausing for a moment before saying "Hyrule is something of a mythical kingdom… the geography itself is much like a mix of the wilds here, especially the grasslands, forest, lake, mountains, and desert… although the ocean is quite a long distance from the heart of the land. It's similar, just laid out differently. In the towns, the buildings are mostly wood or stone, and our technology, whilst quite good, is not nearly as advanced as it is in this world… I believe the term would be 'medieval.'" Or at least that as how Rosa had described her perception of Hyrule from her previous talks with Impa. The head waitress was also from Earth, and whilst the Sheikah was not certain if it was the same time or version that Ariana was from, she hoped that that adjective would aid in her explanation. "Many of the world's residents can also use magic, so that does help out as well."
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:09 pm

"You're welcome." Her own smirk grew into a smile at that. This Impa woman seemed to be a very humble person. Humble was always good. There was nothing wrong with having pride in what you do, but pride was a thing that could grow easily, like a mold or infection. Impa had plenty to be proud of though, and Ariana was certain she wouldn't let it grow too much.

There were a lot of things that had an advantage over Earth here in Portal Breach. Free lodging, free food could be found here too! Sure, there were the bad things, the end of all things that happened so frequently, but it did keep things interesting. There was the added benefit too, of not needing to die permanently. "I'm sure a lot of people would agree. I could certainly not imagine going without it. It might have taken me a while to move in but I'm glad I did."

At the glance, Ariana wondered if Impa might have been used to moving around a lot too. She decided not to ask as she began to talk of this Hyrule. A mythical kingdom with tons of wilderness, towns that sounded like something from the dark ages in terms of technology. "I suppose that made adjusting to the city kinda hard. Earth wasn't nearly as advanced as it is here, but it was definitely on its way." Fitting a mythical kingdom, the people of Impa's kind had magic at their disposal. It sounded a lot like something from a Fantasy. "Can you use magic, then? Mind giving me a demonstration?" Earth had no magic, though considering she was a werewolf, perhaps her world had more magic then she knew.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:24 am

Impa was glad to see Ariana's smirk shift into more of a smile. This might have been her first time truly meeting Ariana outside of passing encounters, but she already liked the younger woman and was happy to get the chance to talk to her. That much stood regardless of the fact that they both lived at the inn, although it was definitely nice to be able to get better acquainted with one of their tenants.

Nodding at Ariana's words regarding the inn, Impa noted, "I'm glad to hear that. And whether it took you a while or not, the important thing is that you did so once you were ready. Whether you feel you should have done so sooner or not, everyone must take things at their own pace to be truly happy in the end. It actually took me several months from my own arrival to investigate it… part of me wished I had done so far soon, but in the end, the timing could not have worked out more perfectly." It might have taken her from early February to late July of the previous between her arrival and her own procurement of a room, but that was how things seemed to pan out for her. That early exploration and research helped her better adapt to this strange, new world, and thus she was able to get her bearings far better even before she was reunited with the younger Link.

"I would not say hard so much as… interesting," said Impa, smiling in a bit of amusement at her memories of her first night in the city. "It was definitely very surprising and took some time, and there are still some things that I am not quite as used to, but overall, it's been rather fun to learn about new things." The library alone and wider range of accessible written media was definitely a high mark of the more advanced city.

Impa laughed softly at Ariana's two questions, right before nodding to her, stating, "I can, yes… and I would not mind at all." At that, the Sheikah held out her right hand and focused for a moment, right before a shadowy blade the size and shape of a large knife appeared in her hand, its form already steady despite it appearing to be a bit more ethereal in nature. Holding her summoned magic steady just like a true knife, Impa glanced back to Ariana, before noting, "This is a Shadow Blade. It might be composed of magic, but it is able to be used the same as a material weapon."
    Ariana Lee
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    450/450  (450/450)
    Stamina Bar:
    80/80  (80/80)

Post by Ariana Lee on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Hearing that Impa had taken a while to move into the inn herself made her feel better. By the time she had moved in she felt like the last caboose arriving at the station; everyone else she seemed to know already lived there. They had moved in much earlier than she had. Her hesitations were a few at once. She was nervous about living near so many people at once and she had actually gone a while without realizing that there even was a free inn. And being dead for a few months straight didn't help matters much either. She had been comfy enough in the forest, but she had to admit. After being in the inn for a few months, with a warm comfy bed and a kitchen ready for her to use, she didn't want to trade it for anything.

"Better late than never, I suppose! Though I'm glad to hear you didn't immediately move into the inn either." She smiled again before rubbing her hands together to warm them up, blowing on them as well. The action never did seem to help for more than a few seconds but oh well. She nodded in return. "The timing was pretty good for me too. I actually died almost a year ago, Jake and I did. We were killed by NOS-4-A2. Along with two other people, our bodies were used to create a new one for some guy named SIR..." Maybe that was where she had seen this woman too! "It was only at the end of that whole...debacle that we got to live again. And not a month or two later, I ended up moving into the inn. So it was a good choice in the end." She'd rather not like to die again for a while, after that.

She listened as Impa spoke, saying that adjusting to the world wasn't really hard so much as just interesting. She nodded in understand, feeling that she was lucky indeed. This place wasn't exactly like Earth, no. But it was similar enough for her to adapt easily. There were a few elements that were different, some technologies, but it wasn't too bad. For Impa and others like her, it was like a huge leap, a large difference. "That's good that you treated it as a learning experience instead of a hindrance." She got a little straighter, leaning in curiously when Impa said she could do magic. Magic didn't exist in her own world. ...Of course, she didn't know werewolves existed in her world and look at her now.

She stared as a blade made of shadows suddenly appeared in the woman's hand, reaching out to touch yet not touching it. It almost looked like it may puff into smoke if she touched it. Yet it still looked like a knife...amazing! "Wow...have you ever used it in battle here on Portal Breach?" Being able to summon up weapons like that had to be handy.

Current date/time is Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:39 am