Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Another Person's Trash...

Post by Zurg on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Time: 8:30
    Date: 10/13/0003

"Come along, Lawrence. There's plenty of parts ripe for the picking; we need only to look for them."

CLUNK!

"...X'ki, that's not how we look for parts."

It was early morning, the sun's rays barely painting the sky in light pastel blues and pinks. Normally both monarch and butler would be at home overseeing the house's daily chores, but right now? Oho, right now these two were up to something... A familiar shade of sage wandered aimlessly around a sea of metal, piles upon piles of discarded parts as far as the eye could see. Close behind the alien was a dapper patch of black, a polished head situated smartly on top. "You find anything on the list yet, Lawrence?" rumbled Zurg in the usual dual-toned timbre. Strange, don't you think? Why were these two so far away from the city and scavenging around for miscellaneous items?

Perhaps the answer will follow suit shortly, for Zurg's attention was momentarily seized. "Oh, look! A few sprockets with hardly any wear." The alien bent over to pick up the components, flipping them around between his fingers. "Hmm... Must have been tossed aside due to discontinuity. X'ki, open up; we're taking these."

Very strange, indeed...

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Lawrence

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Another Person's Trash...

Post by Lawrence on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Lawrence followed along, not quite sure what they were doing out here, though the 'shopping list' of parts was giving him something of an idea. They would undoubtedly have to head elsewhere for the more high-end parts, but this place would be good for finding metal for a frame and outer chassis. Maybe a few engine parts too, if what Zurg was glancing over was any indication.

The butler made his way over to one pile of parts close to where Zurg was rummaging around, and started to sift through it. His sensors allowed him to quickly sort through the parts that were too badly damaged to use, eventually finding a few things worth salvaging towards the bottom. "I've found a few gears that are the right size. There's some sheet metal over here as well, though we'll have to work out a few dents before we use it for anything."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Wonderful! Lawrence had found a few choice parts, mainly gears, and the monarch whisked X'ki off to the butler. "A good find, Lawrence," Zurg commented. "A few of those will always come in handy. And sheet metal, you say?" Metal could be good for molding and shaping; it could also be melted down to be formed into other components, as well. Yes, let's go inspect this sheet metal. So off the alien went, trudging over sharp things and things that could easily give him the dreaded Tetanus. Fortunately he was both an alien and kept up on his monthly shots. It would be a sad, tragic state of affairs if he hadn't! "Hmm..." He rapped his knuckles upon the metal, a resounding - thum! thum! thum! - ensuing. "Feels light yet durable... What do you think, X'ki?" he asked.

The floating contraption of bits and bobs zoomed over, but wasn't of very much help. It typically wasn't. "BAH! Why are we out here in this scrapyard?" the little AI protested. "You made Fat One use that ship of his and haul us aaaaaaall the way out here, in the middle of nowhere. Surely you have not gone mad, Your Grace." Cute, adorable little X'ki...

"Nonsense," said Zurg, holding up a hand as if to proclaim his innocence. It was a shame that Lawrence could not understand a word the AI was saying. "We are here to fetch small, minor parts for a modest project of mine and nothing more. Lawrence is also lending a helping hand. Now, follow his example and open up for me." The metal sheets were fed into X'ki's pocket space, but that didn't mean the AI necessarily liked it.

Grumble and mumble went the AI. "Bah... Why are we out here, anyway?" A very good question, X'ki~!

"For Jo," came the simple answer, as Zurg stooped down to pick up a dusty, but still in good shape, starter relay.

"..." Indignant AI was indignant!

Items acquired so far:

x?: sprockets
    x?: gears
    x4: metal sheets
    x1: starter relay

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:24 pm

Lawrence eyed the floating construct with just a bit of suspicion as it hovered over to Zurg. Indeed, he could not understand what X'ki was saying at all, though he did recognize one term that the AI had used. That oh so insulting nickname that translated out to 'Fat One'. He managed to keep from reacting when he heard it, though he couldn't help but comment about it to Zurg. "He's talking about me again, isn't he? I don't know why he insists on calling me that . . . I'm not nearly as 'fat' as he seems to think."

Having said that, the butler headed over to another pile of parts nearby, giving it a good scan before beginning to sift through it. If a random junked part may have gotten tossed in the direction of X'ki's flight path, it was because Lawrence wasn't paying attention, really. In the middle of this pile of metal scrap, he found some reasonably usable sprockets. "Hmm, these look usable if we cleaned them up a bit."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:50 pm

Looks like you've been had, X'ki...

"Of course I am talking about you, Fat One," huffed the AI. Like, no duh. And this robot had the gall to proclaim that it was, ahem, advanced. Advanced in the art of obvious, maybe. Fortunately, a certain alien monarch interjected. "X'ki, must you be so antagonistic?" Zurg asked with a muffled sigh. AIs... Always so temperamental and just a real drag to be around. "Go back to finding parts. We need adequate piping and no rusted pieces of junk metal. You know what I mean, X'ki." You do, so don't you dare come back with rotted materials!

Off the little construct went, clicking and snapping away, leaving both monarch and butler to peacefully return to the task at hand. "Good, we could use more gently-used sprockets," Zurg said. "With what I am planning to build, the more excess components we have will be the better." Seemed like a rather big project. But that's where the information trail ended, and the alien turned around to sift through yet another mountain of mismatching metals and plastics. "We'll be needing to buy the more refined pieces, like the anti-gravity propulsion unit and necessary electrical wiring, but it can't hurt looking around here for chrome and fiberglass... I could easily polish the pieces up and get them back to their former glory." Sounded like another trip to a high-tech shop was lightly buried within Zurg's words. "We'll also be needing good lamps, too... But we should purchase those ne - ?"

Click! Click! Click!

Uh-oh, here comes trouble... X'ki was back, having not forgotten what Lawrence had done not too long ago. Throw a piece of random trash at it, will you? Eat what you called Karma a hundred-fold! With a swift zoom! the AI flitted above the butler, opening up its pocket space and thereby dumping a few choice mounds of collected rubbish. Right, of course, onto Lawrence.

"HA HA HA HAAAAA!"

A cackle from the mischievous AI and an agitated swatting of the monarch's hand later, Zurg came over to assist his friend out from the unclean tomb. "I see X'ki is feeling a bit rambunctious today..." the alien grumbled. Ooh, was that fiberglass on top of your scuffed head, Lawrence~?

Items acquired so far:

x5: fiberglass remnants

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Any protests were muffled by the pile of junk that had suddenly been dumped onto Lawrence, and for the moment he was too occupied with trying to get out from under all the stuff as opposed to retaliating. Augh, now he was all covered in dust and other assorted debris! He tried not to shudder too much at that, and accepted the hand Zurg offered to help him up. He aimed a glare in X'ki's general direction when he sighted it again. "Was that really necessary? I didn't even come close to actually hitting you with that, you know. Now I'll need a good polishing again..."

He reached up to grab the piece of insulation clinging to his head and tossed it aside. On glancing down at the pile of junk Zurg had to pull him out of, however, the butler found something else useful. "Oh look, that little monster actually did find some useable pipes..."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:22 am

"It was very neces - ACK!"

X'ki couldn't finish its snide sentence; not while its controller was busy lightly swatting it away. "Back on track," Zurg sternly reminded. If these two got into a scuffle then they'd never get back home in time. Well, the monarch could trust Lawrence to be mature about it, but the other...? He pointedly ignored X'ki's antics and picked up the piping so generously discarded. "Aha... piping." Good! This will be perfect for an exhaust system when properly patched together and buffed. Zurg made sure to keep the choice pieces while throwing out the worthless refuse. Selection made, the monarch bade the impish construct to open up and this time keep what it gathered closed. "Excellent. Now, let's see..." He then reached into his robes and placed his reading glasses over his eyes, a list within a bare hand. Such fancy penmanship! "We have sprockets, cogs, sheet metal, piping, fiberglass, and one starter relay... I think we're just about finished," he concluded with an elated note. Good, because any more time both AI and butler spent together meant X'ki, here, was going to come up with ideas...

"Alright, first objective finished," Zurg remarked as he put the list away. Everything else would be a major component, and the monarch wasn't about to trust a scrapyard for those. "I will most likely have to hit up Swindle's shop, but I suppose it is due that we, aha, rendezvous with one another after so long." And after breaking a pair of Cybertronian legs. "Lawrence, X'ki; are you two ready to go?"

The AI only grunted, "I was ready to depart the moment we left the house."

Chipper little thing...

Items acquired so far:

x5: fiberglass remnants
    x3: pipes

Lawrence

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Lawrence on Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Lawrence just smirked a bit when X'ki ended up getting swatted for his misbehavior, but didn't comment on it otherwise. No need to call attention to how amused he was, when that little flying pest would probably try to get him back for it. At least it seemed this particular jaunt into the Wastelands was done with, as Zurg glanced over his list and decided they had everything they could safely reuse.

Well, that was just fine with the butler; he usually never came out here to the desert anymore if he could help it. As for going to Swindle for the higher-end parts? "Hmm, Swindle? Are you sure we can't go to someone more reliable? Ah well, I suppose there aren't many other places to find the sort of parts we require."

At Zurg's query if they were ready to go or not, Lawrence nodded. He was also pointedly ignoring X'ki's opinion. "Yes, if we've found all we need then there's no point in staying here; let's get going." With that, he started heading back towards where he'd parked his shuttle.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:52 am