Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Just Like Old Times

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 pm

A stark contrast to the relatively silent demon prince, who's stern gaze never left his face even as the flames died down from his maw. Thick, black smoke curled about the tunnel, reeking of burnt stone and minerals. Before them, the blockage was reduced to a large, molten hole. Above, the melted rock dripped down like molasses, forming a pool of magma at their feet. Past that, the tunnel glowed an angry red from where the demon's flames had burned through to the rest of the path. Even if Minion had the ability to walk, at this point the demon would have needed to carry him lest his body melted from the heat. Prixlezub glanced down at the fish, who was quite wary of the display of raw power.

"Shall we?" The prince rumbled casually. He stooped down and plucked Minion from the floor of the cave, though he did not raise his head as loftily as he did earlier. Instead, Prixlezub kept his head low to keep from agitating the molten rock further, and to keep his captive from getting potentially cooked by their surroundings. While seafood was certainly a treat on the demon's list, he preferred it when the fish was one he wanted to eat.

Prixlezub followed the tunnel, his feet easily traversing over the molten part of his self-made doorway. The demon prince did not seem to mind the molten rock as it bubbled beneath his feet, the cooler portions hissing and cracking under his red talons and hooves. Glowing magma was soon replaced with the usual, cool darkness of the underground atmosphere. While the walls were hardly like the first path, it seemed to go on for miles like it. Every now and then, the demon would walk into a patch of glowing tendrils, their displays of light brought to a quick end from a pass of the prince's mane. Small, smoking bodies fell around them, leaving a path of darkness in Prixlezub's wake.

As the demon kept moving, he noticed that the glowing patches became more numerous, along with the strengthening scent of copper. Perhaps they were getting closer to another cave, as the walls began to widen to a more comfortable distance from the demon's hide. By now, Prixlezub hardly needed to keep his eyes glowing like headlights, as the patches of glowing tendrils were packed together enough to light the path for them almost. At least, until the demon passed under them.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:15 am

Eventually the flames spewing from Prixlezub's mouth died down, and Minion felt very happy to be inside his water filled tank, as the smoke from Prixlezub's efforts to tear down those rocks wafted about. If he were out of the water, that smoke would no doubt sting his eyes and lungs. But he was in his tank, able to watch in safety. The blockade that stood in their path was gone now, reduced to molten rock that dripped and pooled before them, looking a lot like magma. Wow. That fire Prixlezub had unleashed must have been a very hot temperature! The tunnel that lay beyond it had bright red, burning walls, from the force of that fire. Indeed, the fish was wary. Because he couldn't stop imagining if it were himself that had been burnt by that fire instead of just rocks. He was worried. His prior relationships with Prixlezub were related to his fights with Megamind and being kidnapped. He always made sure to be on a polite, casual tone with the demon, something the demon, as well as his prior demon companion, seemed to respect. But what if he made a mistake of some kind? Or they got stuck in these caves, and Prixlezub ended up eating in order to assure his own survival?

He was jerked out of his worries when he heard the demon's casual words and he nodded. "After you." He was again grabbed up within the demon's mouth, a mouth that had just prior decimated these rocks, and they walked within the tunnel, Prixlezub carrying him lowly, probably to avoid having the heat generating off the walls of the tunnel boil his water.

Down into the tunnel they went, another long path for them to follow, and Prixlezub seemed unaffected by the heat from the floor, the melted rock that he so easily trotted upon. The patches of glowing tendrils drew Minion's attention, admiring their glow before they were systematically extinguished by contact from Prixlezub's mane. The further they went, the more numerous they became, lighting up the area for them. His eyes continued to follow the glow of it, curious. Was this a good sign? Or a bad one? Guess they would come to find out.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:15 pm

Even if the demon prince managed to make a mistake down in these caved, he would hardly resort to Minion for his meal. Prixlezub was never the kind to east his hostages, thankfully. Further down the tunnel he tread, holding his head low to avoid getting the glowing tendrils tangled on his horns. Even if they were minuscule and broke easy on his passing, cleaning the slime-like coating was something he did not wish to deal with. As the prince kept his lumbering pace, he noticed the small energy signature that was given off in his vision. These were not mere fungi and minerals, but actual creatures living down in the dark depths of the earth. An interesting discovery, the demon surmised as he made his way down the naturally lit path. As well, the demon's eyes picked up glints of metallic ores in the walls of the cave, the overwhelming aroma of wet copper emanating from them.

They were getting quite close, as the tunnel began to widen up into a more comfortable size for the demon prince. Along with the increase in size, the demon prince noticed a glow that emanated from the floor and walls as well as the ceiling. Green splotches of luminescent mushrooms dotted the edges of the cave, adding to the blue glow that the worms gave off. However, they soon met the same fate as the worms, as the heat from the prince's feet wilted and charred the strange fungi into a foul smelling ash. Prixlezub's grill twitched slightly at the smell, but otherwise he seemed unbothered by the odor as he passed by. Further ahead, the prince thought he could make out a few more patches of the mushrooms growing along the wall.

Upon passing the patch of mushrooms, the demon prince found that his tunnel opened into a large cavern. The geode was completely dark, until the prince looked up.If it were not for the knowledge that he had been traveling underground all this time, the demon would have thought he emerged onto the surface during the night time. Dotted about the rest of the cavern, more of the glowing mushrooms could be seen, flaunting vibrant blues, greens, and even purple. The demon glanced around, taking in the rather beautiful cave they stumbled onto. Though, it was hardly silent, as the prince could pick up the sounds of tiny insects flying around above them, cave flies.

Finding a large rock to prop Minion against, Prixlezub leaned his head down and gently deposited his captive on the ground. Perhaps the glow of the different creatures would keep the space fish calm, or at least entertained during his stay. From the smell of the place, the demon could not detect anything amiss, and therefore made the cave a secure location for keeping Minion.

"I hope you enjoy your surroundings, Minion. You will be staying here for a while." Prixlezub rumbled, turning his head to look about the cave. "If you require anything important to your survival, speak of it now."

Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Well that was quite reassuring! Although Minion himself did not know this of course, but surely in the time to come, he would realize that the demon would not eat him, as a dead hostage had very little use to Prixlezub. Besides, Minion was rather small, and probably would not make for much of a meal. If anything, he'd only be useful as a toothpick. Prixlezub carried his head down even lower, probably to keep his horns from bumping the ceiling or getting tangled in those glowing things. Minion looked around the cave walls and spotted some copper in the walls of the cave, no doubt the source of the metallic smell in here, but metal was a lot better than methane. Safer too.

The tunnel began to finally open up, and with that came the appearance of several glowing mushrooms! Soon enough, they were likewise extinguished, but Minion still couldn't help but admire their glow. It seems this cave had a lot more life within it then the other one. Literally, since the other cave had corpses and only one centipede. The ash from the dead mushrooms caused him to turn his nose up slightly but he was otherwise unharmed by it, and remained silent as they continued.

They found a large cavern finally, one large enough that they could move about, or rather Prixlezub could move about, freely. Minion looked up as well, and audibly gasped at the sight above them, looking like the bright night sky, lit up by stars. It of course, was not really stars, it was more mushrooms, but they were numerous and bright enough to envy the night sky, and it was quite beautiful. The sounds of something flying around above them were audible too, although it couldn't be anything bigger than a fly. This place really had its own ecosystem developing down here!

Prixlezub brought Minion over and leaned the robotic body against a large rock, propping him up, which Minion appreciated. He'd hate to be blind to whatever was going on around him. Staying here for a while, huh? "If I may ask...how long is a while, Mr. Prixlezub?" Hopefully nothing longer than a week. "Food. But, well, everything requires food to survive! That's about it, for me."
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Prixlezub's small look around of the cave rewarded him with some rather vital information. Mainly the fact that there were no branching tunnels, or even a large air vent to the surface. All around the large chamber was nothing but wet stone and ore deposits, with the occasional patch of glowing mushrooms. There was only one way in and one way out, a perfect locale, the prince thought to himself. The demon gave another look about the cave, before turning his gaze back to the inquisitive Minion. From the looks of the space fish, he seemed to be enjoying his current surroundings, at least for the time being. However, no amount of glittery and luminescent creatures could deter the prince's captive from asking about his current circumstance.

"Your stay will be as long as I feel you are needed under my custody, and how affairs with your "Sir" progress. Though I assure you the time will pass quite quickly." Prixlezub replied courteously. "You see, we will be spending some time together. It will be nothing too intimate, I will be checking up on you to make sure you are faring well, and to ensure that your stay does not pass too quickly."

Upon hearing Minion's reply to the previous inquiry over his necessities, the prince quirked a brow. Of course, the prince figured that his captive was not completely flawless given his current predicament, but he found the reply rather interesting. "Yes, I figured one such as yourself would require food, though I was hoping you would specify as to what type. I would hate to bring back something that goes against your usual diet. And please, be specific and honest. Placing me on a runaround will be more an inconvenience to your well being." The demon rumbled, his tone civil.

The demon prince sat down in front of Minion, curling his large, bladed tail around his claws in the process. While the demon was quite aware of the diet of the fish from his own universe, Minion was a creature he could honestly say that was never found on any plane he visited. Better to be informed and properly caring for his hostage, than simply going on assumption alone. After all, a dead hostage was quite useless, even more so when the method of death was from their own captor.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Minion tried to ponder just how long that could be then, from what Prixlezub had said. The first part, he couldn't really guess at. He wasn't a mind reader after all, so 'however long Prixlezub decided he was needed under his custody' could be anything from two days, to a few weeks, to a year! And how affairs with Sir progressed? He wasn't sure how long it would take for him to find him. Here they were in a deep cave cavern, and if Megamind went on the wrong trail in his attempts to find him, he'd get killed by a centipede. No, it lay with Prixlezub mostly, how long he would be staying here. At least the demon promised the time would go by quickly.

"Spending...time together? You and me?" The fish gave his captive an inquisitive look. "I'm very flattered that you'd want to spend time with me of all people, but considering our history, we've spent so much time together already, right? All those fights...and that time you kidnapped me with that gracious Demon Lord. There's nothing really new to go over or learn from me." What were you playing at, Prixlezub...what was your plan?

"Oh, of course! My mistake! Hmm..." His eyes flicked to the side as he bit into his lip a bit, pondering. What type of food did he need anyways? "Well, you can't go wrong with fish food. I really like fish food. I mean, you wouldn't expect little sprinkles of brown stuff to be delicious, but surprisingly, its very delicious! You can pick that up in any pet store. I can also eat human food! Cooking is one of my hobbies, although nowadays it feels more like a job. Ooh, I hope Sonia doesn't fire me for being late to work!" He sighed a bit at the thought of losing his only paying job. Maybe kidnappings were covered under excused absences? He turned back to Prixlezub, who seemed to be making himself comfortable in front of his robotic suit.

"If you'd rather not go to the store though, I'm capable of eating meat." To show this of, he grinned and briefly flashed the demon his rather large and sharp teeth. "I don't usually eat meat, and especially don't eat fish, that's a bit too weird, but if I have to, I can do it easily!"
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Smart thinking, Minion, but was that truly the most deadly thing in this cave? Prixlezub sat silently, listening to the space fish as he spoke. The demon was not the kind to just kidnap and spend time with just anyone, that certainly was true, but to think that this old demon could not learn anything new... Well, time would certainly tell that soon enough. The demon's bladed tail kept closely wound against his body, while he mulled over what the space fish had to say. Prixlezub gave a small, amused chuckle at his captive's statement, his voice sending a tremor through the air.

"Ah yes, the short alignment with the Demon Lord, I remember it quite well. However, even during our previous fights, we have never truly talked with one another. Perhaps a jab here, a bit of spying there, but nothing really insightful. Many things from before were simply a matter of reading what was there." Prixlezub recalled casually. "Nothing that we learned was ever hidden from the eyes of the public. You and Megamind learned what you could about me through similar means."

As for the fish's diet, Prixlezub found it interesting that Minion survived on something as minsucule as sprinkles, and obtaining said substance seemed easy enough. Though, when the fish revealed his hobby, the demon's interest piqued.

"Sprinkles you say... An interesting food choice. It is quite convenient that you can eat other types of food, and make your own food as well." Quite interesting indeed. "I am sorry to hear that your hobby has become more of a job for yourself, but just to clarify for future reference when I bring back food, what sort of things can you cook? It would make things easier knowing that you can care for yourself. Regarding your employer, I am sure she will understand once the ordeal is done. Abduction is hardly something to get fired over." The demon prince rumbled calmly, speaking with thousands of years of experience.

Though, if the woman ever decided to get involved with the fish's absence, the demon would have to plan ahead. The last thing he was interested in was having the law getting involved, given what was learned earlier on about their methods.

Last edited by Prixlezub on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:29 pm

Unfortunately, Prixlezub was correct. Most of the time during those fights, it was Megamind who Prixlezub spoke with, they had traded very few words between one another. Even that time he had been used as a hostage, they hadn't spoken much. In fact, the Demon Lord and Prixlezub had kept him rather out of it and incapacitated, and they had spoken very little. And what Prixlezub said was true. On both sides of their battles, neither knew anything about the other, and could only infer and guess.

"What do you want to talk about then?" He kept his tone curious, friendly, but on the inside he was wary. Did he want information? There wasn't really much to give, besides the location of the lair. And perhaps the status of Megamind's marriage to Roxanne, but its entirely possible that Prixlezub already knew, or could at least guess that they had hitched up. He'd kidnapped Roxanne at some point in the past after all. He knew of their special relationship.

"Oh yes, I learned eventually, taught myself! I usually cook for Sir and Mrs. Ritchi too. Its not that bad, having a hobby that becomes a job I guess. Definitely a bit more rewarding to get pay for it." What sort of things could he cook? "Oh, simple meals and entrees mostly, but with the proper cookbook and instructions, I figure I can learn it! I'd need to borrow your heat to cook it of course. Meat wise, I'm partial to cow! Like I said, I don't eat it often, but cow's pretty good." Mmm, steak.~

He thought over what Prix said next, and gave a begrudging nod. Sonia was an understanding woman, she surely wouldn't give him to boot for something he couldn't control. "I'll have to make sure to make it up to her." For now though, his conversation died on his tongue, giving the demon a curious look as he waited to hear what it was that he wanted to talk about.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:39 pm

The demon prince pondered Minion's words for a moment, smoke pluming faintly from his grill as his gazed remained settled on his captive. Just what could they talk about indeed? Prixlezub, despite all of his raw strength, hardly wished to pummel what he wanted from the fish. Not only was it counterproductive, it was simply without class given his desired outcome. The demon took a more relaxed position on the stone floor, settling on his belly and letting his claws cross over one another.

"I wish to discuss anything you wish to ask. But most importantly, I wish to discussyou. All I ask is for your honesty." The demon explained, nodding his head towards the space fish. "I find it quite interesting that a man such as Megamind is so willing to let his companion walk off without any protection, given his current affiliations. It makes one wonder if he even cares."

What he heard next though, was most disconcerting. Minion, partner in crime to his former rival, demoted to a chef? Last the demon had saw him, the fish was alongside Megamind in nearly every fight, working as a team. Prixlezub had no doubt that if they fought as a team, they more than likely schemed and developed their strategies as a team. Since when was the fish demoted to chef? And to two grown adults no less! The demon certainly was aware of Megamind's little fling with Roxanne, and to hear that Minion cooked for both gave hint to what undoubtedly happened. Prixlezub simply gave a thoughtful hum at the mention of the two, finding the information interesting, but nothing too useful.

"Your dedication sounds most impressive, especially given your self tutoring. To hear that it has grown to be a job on the other hand, how do you cook alongside your work with Megamind? It certainly must leave you with very little time for yourself." Prixlezub rumbled thoughtfully. "That is, if you still do indeed work alongside your "Sir". I have not seen nor heard of you since my departure...Oh, actually I may have. Perhaps you are familiar with the moniker: Nannyfish?"

Yes, he had heard of Minion's little pet name from his previous days in the sanctuary, and he had a feeling it was not just a name of fondness. The fish's nickname was spoke as though the demon was not sure he was actually called that. In fact, given his history with the blue alien and his fish, he could hardly believe that Minion, who had stood beside him, fought in the second battle with his "Sir", and even defended him in the Sanctuary in the past... Was now called Nannyfish by his closest companion?

The demon prince rolled his large shoulders, returning to the subject of his captive's food. "Well, Nannyfish or not, I can certainly bring you fresh beef if you so wish, it happens to be a favorite of mine as well. Though as for using my heat, I can arrange something so you may use fire for cooking while I am not here." Prixlezub offered, his tone courteous. Though there was certainly indication that the demon would not allow the fish any other choice, especially not cooking on his body of all things.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Minion couldn't help but think that Prixlezub's pose resembled that of the Egyptian Sphinx. On his belly, arms outstreched before him albiet crossed instead of uncrossed, but the similarity was still uncanny! And the image or Prixlezub without a nose made his smile quirk a bit, as he held in his laugh.

He listened as Prixlezub answered his question, anything he wanted to ask? He didn't really have anything to ask. The friendly look on his face melted to confusion as he went on. Discuss him? That was...different. "I have no reason to lie to you, especially when it concerns me, so you have my honesty." He said, voice a little unsteady. Prixlezub wanted to talk about him...it made him especially wary now. "Well, usually he wouldn't need a reason for me to have any protection. Looking back, I guess I should have taken the hover bike...but its not like I would have overexerted my leg muscles by walking." He gave a brief shrug before flashing the demon a confident smile. "He cares. He doesn't need to have me surrounded by security robots for me to know!"

Prixlezub wrote:"Your dedication sounds most impressive, especially given your self tutoring. To hear that it has grown to be a job on the other hand, how do you cook alongside your work with Megamind? It certainly must leave you with very little time for yourself. That is, if you still do indeed work alongside your "Sir". I have not seen nor heard of you since my departure...Oh, actually I may have. Perhaps you are familiar with the moniker: Nannyfish?"

The confident smile began to melt into a frown as Prixlezub went on. "Well no...I don't work alongside him very often nowadays, he hired Miss Jana and Metal Man to work for him, because he wanted me to have more time for myself." Although he did miss inventing and working with him...the times where they worked together to build robots to fight Prixlezub were always great. That feeling of doing a good job and working up a sweat, getting something done. Nowadays he usually just got a dish or an ensemble done.

The frown deepened as Prixlezub mentioned a certain fond nickname. Nannyfish. He...did not like that nickname. And he disliked even more that people now only knew him as Megamind's Nannyfish. Last time he'd been to the Sanctuary, January, they'd mentioned the nickname. Someone had mentioned that Megamind described him more as a babysitter than a companion or friend. Minion might have helped to raise Megamind, but he liked to think that he was his friend! Not some naggy nannyfish that he complained about to other people...he'd told Megamind once, how NOT fond he was of that nickname, but since Prixlezub even knew about it...

He sighed. "Yes. I'm familiar with that moniker." He didn't elaborate and instead he went quiet, eyes lowered. Perhaps it was his fault. Perhaps if he went to the Sanctuary more often, people wouldn't only know him as 'That Nannyfish Megamind talks about'. But the last time he'd been there, his visit had been cut short by Megamind's own troubles that that demon, Shaw. He'd disappeared for a while, worried himself and Miss Ritchi to bits. The next time he went to visit people in the Sanctuary, would it again be interrupted by some crisis like that?

He focused back on what Prixlezub was saying. "I don't mind what I eat, really. But that sounds good. Although thinking again, how am I going to cook it? Can't really...move this suit. I'm fine with just the fish flakes, Mr. Prixlezub." His tone before had been so bubbly, and now it...wasn't.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:22 pm

The fish had Prixlezub's unwavering attention, his fiery gaze meeting Minion's eyes. A quirk of his captive's lip told him that something was amusing, but apparently not enough so for the fish to disregard who he was talking to. While he may not be the type to execute his captive's prematurely, the demon prince was hardly the type of person to joke with. No doubt the fish was wondering just why his kidnapper was so interested in just him, the confused look on his face met with the demon's unreadable, stern expression. To hear that Minion would be honest on the other hand, Prixlezub did not seem to react, even when his captive confidently divulged into how caring his "Sir" was.

"Hm, I see." Was the cool, rumbling reply. Not a breath more was spoken as Minion answered the rest of the prince's inquiries, his bladed tail curled comfortably around his body.

For every word Prixlezub's captive spoke about Megamind, he could feel Minion's spirits drop. The usual bubbly exterior was just starting to peel away, revealing something that the demon knew about all too well: Dissatisfaction. He obviously was not thrilled about being called Nannyfish, and the explanation of being allowed more time to himself? Just how fun was a reprieve taken for too long, until one feels like they are about to turn to dust from lack of events. Home life may be a quiet life, but it was a dull life as well. Though Minion certainly found that out in time.

When the fish came back around to the subject of food, Prixlezub gave a thoughtful rumble, tapping his heated claws upon the cave floor. There was no need to ask the fish any more personal questions for today, anymore inquiries would simply be fruitless. After a short pause, the demon prince proposed his solution. "Perhaps I could cook for you, though I must warn that dishes aside from meat are not my specialty. Your fish flakes I shall acquire as well. Is there any particular type you wish for me to bring back?" Prixlezub's eyes glanced over to the twin tanks upon Minion's back, bringing another point to mind. "How often do those need to be changed, your water tanks I mean."

Even fiery demon prince's knew that being stuck in the same water gave way to nasty side effects sooner or later. Better to ensure that everything was accounted for before the demon went on his errand run.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:35 pm

Having the attention of a large car demon like this was rather intimidating. Prixlezub's fiery eyes almost seemed to peer into his very soul with their attentiveness and calculating gaze. Not wanting to slip up and annoy his kidnapper, Minion forced his earlier amusement down, and tried to keep a steady pokerface. However, his growing frown soon ruined his pokerface, and he turned his gaze to the ground instead.

It was very odd that Prixlezub was so interested in him, but some part of him was actually thankful for it. Anyone here who he'd been acquainted with, he hadn't seen in so long. For a long while now, the only people he'd interacted with were Megamind, Mrs. Ritchi, the brainbots, and recently, Miss Sonia and her workers, as well as Jana and Metal a few times since they assisted Megamind now. Besides that, no one was really interested in him. He was just Megamind's nannyfish, now wasn't he? Why should anyone care about him, or ask how his day is, or anything like that. He's just a nannyfish. Perhaps to Prixlezub, however, he wasn't a nannyfish.

He was dissatisfied with his life. He tried to ignore it, tried to fix it however he could. After all, Megamind and Roxanne were happy, he should be happy too, shouldn't he? His purpose in life was to look after Megamind, but it didn't mean he was meant to be his nanny. That wasn't what he'd intended. It wasn't what he wanted to be. He was Megamind's companion, compatriot, they used to plan and talk all the time, sometimes against Prixlezub himself! He liked that Megamind wanted to give him alone time, but he had been Megamind's constant companion for years. Alone time felt...off. He didn't feel like Megamind needed him. Or when he did need him, it was only for those sad times when something bad happened, such as right after the Phazon incident. Megamind was moving on from him, whether he meant to or not. And Minion needed to get a new purpose in life. Working for Sonia seemed to be helping.

Prixlezub's rumble brought him out of his thoughts and he looked up at the car demon curiously as he pondered. "You? Cook for me?" That was certainly different. But then, what other choice did they have? "That's fine, Mr. Prixlezub, I'm not picky with my food anyway!" Picky about making it? Sure. But eating it? He didn't really mind. "I'm not too picky about the fish flakes either, although I really like the tropical flakes!"

The Prince's eyes soon fell upon the tanks of Minion's suit, and Minion turned around to face them as well, listening to Prixlezub's inquiry. It was a good thing the vents were still working, filtering out the water for him and keeping everything ship shape. But Prixlezub's inquiry was sound, he would likely need to know how many times to change the water since he might be here for a long, long time.

"My water usually needs to be changed once every other day, sometimes I'll change it two days in a row if it gets especially messy in here, but I try to be tidy, you know? And we usually change out about half of the water, sometime a bit over a half, you don't usually need to take out all of the water. I hope that won't be a problem for you!" Hey, maybe if it was, he'd let him go! But considering the trouble he went through just to get into these caves, something told him 'changing tank water' wouldn't be the straw to break the car demon's back.
    Prixlezub
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:14 pm

So, the fish had his own schedule for the tanks. Prixlezub committed this new information to memory, alongside Minion's food preferences. The demon prince gave a small shake of his head upon being asked if any of this would be trouble, smoke pluming from his grill as he replied. "It is hardly a trifle, Minion. I have dealt with beings far more finicky and precise in their demands than yourself." The demon rumbled reassuringly.

After all, what sort of demon prince would he be if getting simple things like food and water were a trial? Granted, water was not one of his favorite elements, but if his captive required it, he would manage. Besides, it was not as if Minion required a whole lake to swim in. Though, Prixlezub did not doubt that the fish would be delighted at the prospect of moving around without needing a robotic body to house himself.

The demon rolled his shoulders, getting to his feet and resuming his previous sitting position. "Now, unless there is anything else that you require, I suppose my errand list has been made." The demon prince stated. Though, his eyes were not on Minion this time, but more on the floor of the cave. The demon's claw was busy carving a sort of diagram into the damp stone, which steamed from the prince's searing touch. Runes and curving lines were cleanly etched in front of where Minion sat, the swiftness of the demon's claw undermining the complexity of what he was making.

After the runic diagram was made, the demon placed his claw upon the edge of it, a small charge mingling in the atmosphere as Prixlezub transferred from his fiery magic into the runes. The carved diagram took on a dull, reddish glow as the energy flowed through its runes, before something started crackling and sparking at the center. With a crisp snap like burning wood, a fiery construct appeared before both fish and demon prince. It's flickering body turned to Minion, then to Prixlezub as he addressed it. Though, it seemed the demon flipped completely to a different dialect; organ jarring, guttural rumblings and sharp hisses filling the cave's atmosphere as he spoke with the newest guest to the cavern.

After his brief conversation, the demon turned his gaze to Minion, and his speech returned to the calm rumble he usually preferred. "This construct will be your guard, your light, and warmth here while I am gone. If you have forgotten anything while I am out, speak of it to this, and I will know of it." The demon prince explained. "However, I will not be able to reply, so be precise."

That little detail disclosed, the demon prince stood up to his full height, turning and walking towards the entrance of the cave. What he said earlier soon proved to be true as his form became more distant, until the only thing that suggested his presence in the dark tunnels was a small, orange glow farther down the underground path.
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    45/45  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Just as he suspected, his demands were hardly a problem. Why would they be? Prixlezub was a strong, competent demon. If changing water and buying fish flakes were a chore for him, he wouldn't have lasted here nearly as long as he had. Not to mention, it would have been a lot easier to take him down. And if its one thing Minion remembered most from those battles with Prixlezub, its that he never went down easily, sometimes if at all. At least this meant he was an easy to care for hostage, and everyone knows those are the kind that live the longest.

His eyes curiously followed Prixlezub's claw as he started to claw something into the floor, the ground steaming from the very contact. How bored must he have been to decide to start doodling into the floor? "No, I think that's about all I require, thanks!" He replied, still carefully watching those etchings. The more he scribbled, the more Minion began to think he wasn't just doodling inanely. Those weren't messy scribbles, loop de loops of boredom, Prixlezub was doing something...what, he was not sure. But there was meaning behind these scribbles.

As soon as Prixlezub was finished etching it, a complicated diagram that was foreign to Minion's own eyes, the demon placed his claw upon it, and a charge seemed to be driven into the drawing, which began to glow brightly. He glanced up at Prixlezub questioningly before turning his attention back to the diagram, flinching at the sparkling and crackling. And just like that, the two of them were no longer alone, as a flaming being had now joined them. It turned to the car demon, who began to speak to it in a dialect Minion couldn't even hope to understand. He swam backwards a bit, unnerved by the rumbling harshness of the language. Was it Prixlezub's native language? Did he use whatever strange magic he had in him to call forth this thing?

Prixlezub turned back to him, speaking once more in Basic. So he had made this thing to watch over him while he was gone then? He nodded within his tank, to show that he understood. He, to his knowledge, had not forgotten anything, but then again that was how forgetting something worked. You don't remember to forget something. The car demon stood and began to leave, Minion bidding him farewell with a small wave of the fin.

"Goodbye Mr. Prixlezub! If I remember anything, I'll tel the construct!" Farther down into the tunnels he went, and soon all that was left of him was a lingering, dim glow off in the distance. He sighed and turned to the construct. "I don't suppose you're much of a conversationalist?" He sagged a bit within his tank. Time to play that ever fun waiting game...

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:51 am